Tales of the Royal Archaeological Society, Group 2

Game Master Doomed Hero


201 to 250 of 356 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

Both, likely. It's a big creature. Dorian answered, plunging his longsword into the floor. attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21, damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4, miss chance?: 1d100 ⇒ 42


Loot Tracker Current Map

The flurry of stabs into the ground seems not to wound the creature.

Hal, I think you still have an action. All you've done this round is make that Perception check. Now that it's been pointed out, you can act freely.


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

Hal stands ready to hack at anything hostile that comes within range of his axe


Loot Tracker Current Map

The ground shifts and the massive bug comes up beneath Lyla again.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 5) + 4 = 15
Acid damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Grab (if attack hits): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

It sinks it's mandibles into her puncturing deep into her below the ribs. The pain was intense, causing her scream to be cut short as she passed out.

Nar and Hal looked on in horror as the big bug grabbed it's prey and retreated back underground.

That looks like a hit, and enough damage to drop Lyla below zero. Once unconscious, the Grab automatically hits as Lyla stops struggling, allowing the bug to take it's move action to drag her below ground. Good luck folks!

Perception DC 20 (Hal gets a +4):

The bug seems to have retreated back to it's original position. You're pretty sure it just followed it's tunnel back to the broken ground just in front of Torgan.

Hal and Torgan, if you make this check, you may take your readied action as the creature passes beneath/near you.


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Loki 3 HP:0/27 AC:16/10/16 Will:+5 Ref:+1 Fort:+5 Init:+0 (+2 underground)Perc:+2, darkvision 90ft

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

"Can´t see it anywhere. What was that sound, has it resurfaced behind the corner?"


HP: 7/7 Eidolon (outsider) Outsider 1

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
It has grabbed Miss Summerholt and dragged her/is dragging her back to where it was before.


Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

New rule. Rule 1: No rationing resources if at risk. That said; FIRE IN THE HOLE
Dorian opens a small portal, summoning another earth elemental

Terran:
Good day friend. I want you to burrow down here, kill the large insect, which is a large thick skinned creature. And once it is dead grab the soft fleshy creature and carefully bring her to the surface

seeing summoning is a standard action for Dorian, the creature immediately does so.

Earth ele attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15, damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10.
Add +2 to the attack if earthglide and tremorsense allows it to charge.


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

Good one Maule!


Loot Tracker Current Map

The little elemental disappears, a muffled crack is heard, the ground stops shuddering and the little stone man returns carrying an unconcious Lyla.

Combat Over. Well done folks.


Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

that was a very scary cliffhanger


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

I think ve should head up and get her some medical attention and us a chance to discuss with the other team


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Cleric of Loki 3 HP:0/27 AC:16/10/16 Will:+5 Ref:+1 Fort:+5 Init:+0 (+2 underground)Perc:+2, darkvision 90ft

"Well, we still should try to rescue that guy taken by the spider. Time is of the essence. I will pray to Loki to return her some health."

Torgan kneeled by the unconcsious Lyla, touched her and murmured a prayer to Loki. "Great Trickster, grant health to this poor girl, she will surely continue to speak some weird language in the heat of combat and this will be a source of amusement to you."

Cure Moderate Wounds: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
bye, bye, lesser restoration


Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

isn't moderate 2d8?


AC 24 FF 19 Touch 18 HP 90/[90] CMB +12 CMD 28 Fort +8, Ref + 13 Will +7 Init + 6 Percept +16* (+18 vs traps) Sense Mot* + 10 Favoured Enemy: Human + 4 / Good Outsiders + 2 Male Human AKA "Talks-to-Toads" Urban Ranger 6 (Favoured Class) / rogue sniper 3

2d8 + caster level (max +10)


Loot Tracker Current Map

Torgan's healing prayer called the warm laughter of Loki Wolfmother. Lyla woke with a start.


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Loki 3 HP:0/27 AC:16/10/16 Will:+5 Ref:+1 Fort:+5 Init:+0 (+2 underground)Perc:+2, darkvision 90ft

Sorry, typo
more healing: 1d8 ⇒ 5


Female Human Bard (Archaeologist) 1/ Oracle of Lore 2 HP: 12/16, AC:17, Touch 14, FF 13, Fort: +0 Reflex:+6 Will:+5

""Aaagh mənə onu almaq!....." Lyla shouted, her reaction coming before her brain was able to process that she was no longer in danger.

After a few moments, her thought were once again communicable. "Thank you Torgan."


Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

"Everyone ok? Anyone know what this thing is?"

Terran:
"Thank you friend. Now, I want you to burrow around looking for more signs of life and report back to me if it does not prove hostile. If it does, attack it."


Female Human Bard (Archaeologist) 1/ Oracle of Lore 2 HP: 12/16, AC:17, Touch 14, FF 13, Fort: +0 Reflex:+6 Will:+5

Knowledge Nature1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Knowledge Dungeoneering1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

Know Dungeoneering 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

An Ankheg, I think.


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Loki 3 HP:0/27 AC:16/10/16 Will:+5 Ref:+1 Fort:+5 Init:+0 (+2 underground)Perc:+2, darkvision 90ft

Torgan smiled at Lyla "No problem, we are a team, right?" ... a team of comedians...

Than he looked at the others studying the dead creature.

"So, with the... Ankheg? dead, should we move forward?"


Loot Tracker Current Map

The stone creature resurfaces holding a head-sized oily looking sphere.

"Јајца, мислам, г-дине. Многу од нив."

Terran:

"Eggs, I think, sir. Many of them."


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

As you wish, the dwarf squeezes around the hole and moves onwards down the corridor.


Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

It seems to have a large clutch of eggs. Anyone able to tell when they are due to hatch? They might be worth something to the right person. Or might cause problems later if left. Check with management?

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 I think Dorian knows exactly what to do, but I'll leave it all as is for now

Terran:
Thank you, hold a moment as we confer.


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

Is a good idea - they may know if the eggs have vorth. I did not think of this.


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Loki 3 HP:0/27 AC:16/10/16 Will:+5 Ref:+1 Fort:+5 Init:+0 (+2 underground)Perc:+2, darkvision 90ft

"Well, it is an interesting and maybe profitable idea. It is not neccessarily a good one, though."


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

Please to check in. Ve vill see.


Female Human Bard (Archaeologist) 1/ Oracle of Lore 2 HP: 12/16, AC:17, Touch 14, FF 13, Fort: +0 Reflex:+6 Will:+5

"Dorian, please ask your friend to bring the eggs to the surface and put them all in one place. I'll make contact, let them see what we do and see what the verdict is." Lyla said, taking out the monocle and placing it in the hollow of her eye as she retrieved the journal.


Loot Tracker Current Map

How long do you plan on waiting while the elemental brings up eggs?


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

As long as it takes. Hal is a bit frustrated with things and these eggs may be gleam of gold quartz among the shale that he's been looking for.


Loot Tracker Current Map

By the time the little stone fellow is called back home he has managed to unearth nearly three dozen eggs.

You are now the proud owners of 35 ankheg eggs.


Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

handle animal result give any info on when they might hatch?

now wait for the conference call info. I remember having an earpiece but not the videothingy


Female Human Bard (Archaeologist) 1/ Oracle of Lore 2 HP: 12/16, AC:17, Touch 14, FF 13, Fort: +0 Reflex:+6 Will:+5

Fitting the monocle into place, Lyla begins scanning the scene of the collected eggs.

“Jonas, I think we have something you should see. A clutch of ankheg eggs for your perusal.” she says as if displaying a newly purchased trinket.


That would be Knowledge Nature, actually.

Knowledge Nature DC 20:

The eggs need to be kept warm and damp. Insect larvae tend do grow pretty quickly. It's impossible to tell when they were laid, but you'd guess no more than a few weeks. Many will die trying to escape the eggs. When they hatch they'll need a lot of readily available food. Most insects provide that with either animal carcasses or a nutrient rich jelly. Without seeing the nest you don't know which Ankhegs need.

"Ah, very good. Some of the northern clans use them to aid in their farming. The creature's acidic excretions and ability to burrow are useful for plowing up the rocky soil of the highlands. They can be trained while young, so these could be quite valuable. Unfortunately they are reputed to be quite voracious as well. Our camp is certainly not equipped to house and handle them. We will need to transport them elsewhere before they hatch or we will have quite the difficult infestation to deal with."


AC 24 FF 19 Touch 18 HP 90/[90] CMB +12 CMD 28 Fort +8, Ref + 13 Will +7 Init + 6 Percept +16* (+18 vs traps) Sense Mot* + 10 Favoured Enemy: Human + 4 / Good Outsiders + 2 Male Human AKA "Talks-to-Toads" Urban Ranger 6 (Favoured Class) / rogue sniper 3

Vell?, Hallvarðr asks.


Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

We can use the ears to communicate with the other team right? Knowledge Nature is the one knowledge I don't have yet


Female Human Bard (Archaeologist) 1/ Oracle of Lore 2 HP: 12/16, AC:17, Touch 14, FF 13, Fort: +0 Reflex:+6 Will:+5

Knowledge Nature 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Loot Tracker Current Map

Absolutely. Just post in their thread in bold italics to represent magical communication. They'll respond in kind. They might yell at you a little though. Most of them are currently paralyzed and on fire.


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Loki 3 HP:0/27 AC:16/10/16 Will:+5 Ref:+1 Fort:+5 Init:+0 (+2 underground)Perc:+2, darkvision 90ft

"Seeing what we managed to botch so far, I must say it again. This is not a good idea. With our luck, they will hatch before we move them to a better equipped location. Just take my word for it." Torgan was definitely not too happy with taking the eggs.


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

Crap has hit the fan with work. Will post as best I can for the next 48-72 hours. Please bear with me.


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

entering my peak 'in the s&@+' zone. Will be flaky for the next 24 hrs. I did call out I'd be iffy for the next 72 hours about 2 days ago


Loot Tracker Current Map

No problem. Thank you for the heads up.

I'm waiting on the rest of the group. he last thing that happened was a discussion of talking to the other group.

The surveyors took a breather while discussing what to do with the eggs and how to progress next.


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Loki 3 HP:0/27 AC:16/10/16 Will:+5 Ref:+1 Fort:+5 Init:+0 (+2 underground)Perc:+2, darkvision 90ft

"Shall we continue before we get the answer?"


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

Not sure vhot ve should do... smash them seems best and then move on.


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

Nisfeollyn’s voice came through the magical earring. ”We have progressed further into this place and discovered evidence that it is ancient, predating the hunting lodge built above ground. A bronze axehead, for one piece of evidence. Beware of pit traps filled with gelatinous cubes. I had the misfortune of discovering one. After nearly drowning within the monster and being dissolved by its acidic interior, I must suffer the indignity of wearing little more than rags. The others managed to defeat it using fire, axe, and hammer. If you use fire be prepared to extinguish party members that were engulfed by the monster. We hope you are well and discovering items of historical importance.”


Female Human Bard (Archaeologist) 1/ Oracle of Lore 2 HP: 12/16, AC:17, Touch 14, FF 13, Fort: +0 Reflex:+6 Will:+5

"Actually after surviving an encounter with an ankheg, we have a clutch of 35 ankheg eggs. While they can be valuable and useful to interested parties, there is the risk of them hatching and infesting the campsite. The debate is whether to try to salvage and sell them or burn them right now. Any thoughts?"Lyla responds.


M Elf Wizard 3 10/15 | AC 13/ T 13/FF 10 | F +1 R +3 W +4 | Init +2 Per +4

”As for the ankheg eggs, how quickly could they be carted away? I fear the corrupting influence to the land above may also corrupt animals below. If the eggs could be taken to a safe place and the hatchlings trained, I think it might benefit the Society.”


AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

Take them up?

I will be in a world of crap at work for the next 24 hours. Posting will be sporadic for the next day or so


Loot Tracker Current Map

havent heard from Torgan or Dorian in a while. You guys still with us?

201 to 250 of 356 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Catacombs! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.