Silverhex Chronicles/Master of the Fallen Fortress/Crypt of the Everflame (Inactive)

Game Master Emmjay

MAPS AND HANDOUTS


151 to 200 of 522 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

One mile southwest of the inn, a clearing encircled by stones marks Cannibal’s Grove. Thick tendrils of mist rise from the ground and grant concealment to all creatures beyond 5 feet. Unsettling noises permeate the clearing—mostly echoes from the babbling stream to the south.

Crimson thistles have overtaken this clearing, punctuated by a ring of mossy standing stones. In the center, a neglected stone slab bears ancient stains and gouges.

Pinch, The Armenian Man, Neerduwyl notice the stench of raw meat coming from inside the circle.

Neerduwyl doesn't detect any magic inside it.

Scarab Sages

Male LN Half-Orc Warpriest of Magdh 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +6, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM +7 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

The Armenian Man investigates the circle, especially the slab in the center, and tries to identify the source of the raw meat that he smells.

Percpetion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Preacher/Living Grimoire) Inquisitor 3| AC 20/12/19 | HP 30/30(+5 temp HP)| F+5,R+2,W+3 | CMD 16| Init+7,Perc+6,SenseMotive+7| Hand of the Acolyte 6/6 | Speed 20’ | Determination 1/day

The Pastor figured there was only one way to get to the bottom of this place, so he strode into the middle of the ring and looked at the center slab as well.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives
The Armenian Man wrote:

The Armenian Man investigates the circle, especially the slab in the center, and tries to identify the source of the raw meat that he smells.

With the thick mist obscuring everything, you can't see far enough to identify the source of the raw meat.

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives
Roland Alimane wrote:

The Pastor figured there was only one way to get to the bottom of this place, so he strode into the middle of the ring and looked at the center slab as well.

Perception 1d20+4

Stepping into the circle, Roland triggers a HAUNT trap. Haunted characters are filled with a nauseating urge to consume raw humanoid flesh, even their own. Each creature in the area of effect must succeed at a DC 13 Fortitude save or gnaw at their own exposed skin, taking 1d4 damage and becoming sickened for 1 minute. In this case, only Roland needs to make the save.

Scarab Sages

Male LN Half-Orc Warpriest of Magdh 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +6, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM +7 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Can The Armenian Man determine anything about the haunt (how to end it, specifically)?

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives
The Armenian Man wrote:

[dice=Knowledge (religion)]1d20+4

Can The Armenian Man determine anything about the haunt (how to end it, specifically)?

To end the Haunt for good requires one to cast Hero's Feast within the circle.

Liberty's Edge

AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +2 Dex, +1 dodge, +1 size) hp 15 (2d8+2) Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +0 Perc +5

The little gnome bounces over to see what is taking place.

Scarab Sages

Male LN Half-Orc Warpriest of Magdh 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +6, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM +7 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

The Armenian Man follows Roland when he sees the haunt appear. The haunt carries an air of familiarity; the haunted fey that raised him might have done similar things, but with perhaps a bit more whimsy than the malice evident here. He knows that he lacks the power needed to destroy the haunt completely, but perhaps he can make it subside for some time.

Fortitude DC 13: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

He rushes up to the altar, laying hands on the cold stone. "Magdh, this is a beautiful haunt and an impressive display of inspired creativity, but it is causing us difficulty; please, send sacred energy that I may lay it to rest... if only for a while."

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

If there's some other obvious manifestation of the haunt, that should be targetted instead of the altar, please use that as the target of the spell instead.

Liberty's Edge

AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +2 Dex, +1 dodge, +1 size) hp 15 (2d8+2) Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +0 Perc +5

The gnome's eyes and ears perk up.

Grand Lodge

male Grippli
Spoiler:
AC 21/T 14/FF 18 HP 27 F+5 R+3 W+6 Init +6 Perception +9
Inquisitor 3

Seeing the poor sod being targeted by the haunt, the grippli can´t help but feel extremly pitty."Do you feel, lad?"

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Preacher/Living Grimoire) Inquisitor 3| AC 20/12/19 | HP 30/30(+5 temp HP)| F+5,R+2,W+3 | CMD 16| Init+7,Perc+6,SenseMotive+7| Hand of the Acolyte 6/6 | Speed 20’ | Determination 1/day

Fort 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

”Ugh, I felt the need to eat human flesh. I know how this place gets its name now! That was most uncomfortable.”

Liberty's Edge

AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +2 Dex, +1 dodge, +1 size) hp 15 (2d8+2) Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +0 Perc +5

You would have had to be a cannon ball since you are the only human here! he says.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Wizard (Mud Specialist) 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 15 (14 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +5, SM: +2

Hekran looks at the gnome, offended.

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

PERCEPTION:

Per Roland: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Per Graktul: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Per The Armenian Man: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
per Hekran Mesra: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Perc. Glok: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Perception, Ne’erduwyl: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Perception, Pinch: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Ne'erduwyl, Hekran, and The Armenian Man swear that they hear something besides the running of water (stream) to the west.... (see map for X).

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (1.2) | HP 14/14 | AC 18(w/shield 20) T 12 FF 18 CMB +5 CMD +17 | F +4 R +2 W +1 | Init. +2 | +1 to saves against Enchantment spells/effects | +5 Perc | Rages 4/6 | Spd. 30

Cannon ball???

Looks at Hekran.

Does the gnome know something I don't...or is he one of the special ones.

Looks at the other half orc.

Anything there at the alter.

Prefer to leave the dead alone in this case since it apparently isn't resting peacefully.

Scarab Sages

Consumed:
1 charge of mage armor
Female Elf Witch CN 1 - Init +8*; Perc +10; AC 17, T 16, FF 15; hp 9/9; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Current Effects: Mage Armor

Perhaps this is not where the lantern lies after all, thinks Ne'erduwyl.

Sensing something, she walks to edge of the stream, casting detect magic on a large outcropping of rocks in the center of it.

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

Neerduwyl does detect something magical on the little island in the stream. Calling everyone over you all take a good look at the area...

PERCEPTION:

Per Roland: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Per Graktul: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Gnickygnack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Per The Armenian Man: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

per Hekran Mesra: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Perc. Glok: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Perception, Ne’erduwyl: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Perception, Pinch: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Neerduwyl, Glok, Hekran, and The Armenain Man are all able to easily spot a dull orange glow from beneath a pile of rocks...

I need some Strength checks here to move the rocks...

Scarab Sages

Male LN Half-Orc Warpriest of Magdh 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +6, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM +7 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

The Armenian Man hustles down to the edge of the stream, keeping an eye out for trouble along the way. With the others' help, he begins lifting rocks off the pile to try to reveal what lies below.

Strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (1.2) | HP 14/14 | AC 18(w/shield 20) T 12 FF 18 CMB +5 CMD +17 | F +4 R +2 W +1 | Init. +2 | +1 to saves against Enchantment spells/effects | +5 Perc | Rages 4/6 | Spd. 30

Following the Armenian Man; Graktul starts to move some of the larger rocks off the pile.

Strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Well I think we probably have them moved at this point.

Scarab Sages

Male LN Half-Orc Warpriest of Magdh 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +6, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM +7 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Send in the half-orcs!

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

Retrieving the Lantern was made very easy by a pair of sturdy Half-Orc's, who have more brawn than brains. Once the lantern is retrieved by the duo, a loud cackling is heard on the other side of the clearing...

"Thank you for retrieving that for me. I will take it now! Lets get it from them!"

Emerging from the woods is an elk, apparently under the control of Sicklewit.

INIT:

Roland Alimane: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Init Graktul: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Gnickygnack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Init The Armenian Man: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Init Hekran Mesra: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Ini Glok: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Initiative, Ne’erduwyl: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Initiative, Sicklewit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Initiative, Elk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Know(Nature) to ID Elk.

Know(Nature) to ID Sicklewit.

(Two different tests)

COMBAT ROUND 1++++++++++++++++++++++++
Graktul
Ne'erduwyl

Elk
Hekran
Roland
Sicklewit
Gnickygnack
Armenian
Glok

BOLD MAY GO

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (1.2) | HP 14/14 | AC 18(w/shield 20) T 12 FF 18 CMB +5 CMD +17 | F +4 R +2 W +1 | Init. +2 | +1 to saves against Enchantment spells/effects | +5 Perc | Rages 4/6 | Spd. 30

Was the mist only in the circle? i.e. can I really see them or am I just hearing voices? Also, is the river going to make it more difficult to reach them?

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

The stream imparts no issues with traversing terrain, and the mist was part of the trap in the circle, you can see clearly here (else you guys wouldn't have been able to see the glow from the mini-island in the center of the stream).

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (1.2) | HP 14/14 | AC 18(w/shield 20) T 12 FF 18 CMB +5 CMD +17 | F +4 R +2 W +1 | Init. +2 | +1 to saves against Enchantment spells/effects | +5 Perc | Rages 4/6 | Spd. 30

Graktul rushes forward towards the elk drawing his heavy flail from over his shoulder.

That works figured that was the case but wanted to confirm.

RRRRAAAAWWWWWRRRRR!!!! Finally something to get the blood moving.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Liberty's Edge

AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +2 Dex, +1 dodge, +1 size) hp 15 (2d8+2) Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +0 Perc +5

OOhh, a big deer! Do you think he will let me ride him or maybe he can step on the little bug that pokes he says.

Scarab Sages

Consumed:
1 charge of mage armor
Female Elf Witch CN 1 - Init +8*; Perc +10; AC 17, T 16, FF 15; hp 9/9; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Current Effects: Mage Armor

Ne’erduwyl casts sleep DC 16 at the elk and fairy creature. (Only the fairy if Graktul has already slaughtered the elk.)

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

Graktul utterly guts the elf. Dinner for tonight for you all...

Neerduwyl attempts to cast SLEEP on the creature....

Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

But fails to do so.

COMBAT ROUND 1++++++++++++++++++++++++
Graktul
Ne'erduwyl
Hekran
Roland

Sicklewit
Gnickygnack
Armenian
Glok

BOLD MAY GO

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +2 Dex, +1 dodge, +1 size) hp 15 (2d8+2) Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +0 Perc +5

Sleep is a full round spell

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Preacher/Living Grimoire) Inquisitor 3| AC 20/12/19 | HP 30/30(+5 temp HP)| F+5,R+2,W+3 | CMD 16| Init+7,Perc+6,SenseMotive+7| Hand of the Acolyte 6/6 | Speed 20’ | Determination 1/day

Roland casts Divine Favor on himself and moves 30’ toward the remaining threat.

Would someone move me, please? Thanks.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (1.2) | HP 14/14 | AC 18(w/shield 20) T 12 FF 18 CMB +5 CMD +17 | F +4 R +2 W +1 | Init. +2 | +1 to saves against Enchantment spells/effects | +5 Perc | Rages 4/6 | Spd. 30

Moved you 20 ft. Roland cause that is what your header states if you need to be moved more let me know.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Preacher/Living Grimoire) Inquisitor 3| AC 20/12/19 | HP 30/30(+5 temp HP)| F+5,R+2,W+3 | CMD 16| Init+7,Perc+6,SenseMotive+7| Hand of the Acolyte 6/6 | Speed 20’ | Determination 1/day

Thanks, Grak. Forgot my armor slowing me down to 20’. Much appreciated!

Scarab Sages

Consumed:
1 charge of mage armor
Female Elf Witch CN 1 - Init +8*; Perc +10; AC 17, T 16, FF 15; hp 9/9; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Current Effects: Mage Armor

Knowledge Nature, Fairy Creature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Scarab Sages

Greensting Scorpion hp 5 | AC 18 | Perc +9 | Stealth +15 | Knowledge +5* (when Ne'er has ranks) | dark vision 60ft

Pinch, Knowledge Nature, Fairy Creature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Wizard (Mud Specialist) 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 15 (14 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +5, SM: +2

Knowledge Nature elk: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Knowledge Nature Sicklewit?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

"Graktul, would you like to get bigger and scare these things off?" Hekran says as he begins casting a spell.

Hekran's casting Enlarge Person. If Graktul doesn't want it, I believe I can choose another person, so...

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives
Hekran Mesra wrote:

[dice=Knowledge Nature elk]1d20+8

[dice=Knowledge Nature Sicklewit?]1d20+8

"Graktul, would you like to get bigger and scare these things off?" Hekran says as he begins casting a spell.

Hekran's casting Enlarge Person. If Graktul doesn't want it, I believe I can choose another person, so...

Sicklewit is an Atomie. What 2 things would you like to know?

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

Seeing her companion Elk die in such a spectatular fashion, Sicklewit flees the battlefield, completely confident that she couldn't get her hand on the Lantern.

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

SLIDE 8 - HANDOUT (COLONY)

Your journey to the village of Allenstead is completely uneventful.

Diplomacy (Gather Info) or Know (History, Local, Religion) dc 10:

Worship of Razmir began in the River Kingdoms, where it spread quickly and led to the creation of a theocracy. Allenstead has always resisted conversion despite being on the very edge of Razmiri territory.

Diplomacy (Gather Info) or Know (History, Local, Religion) dc 15:

Razmir is known as the Living God, a man who claims to have ascended to divinity by completing the Test of the Starstone. His faithful preach law, luxury, and obedience.

Diplomacy (Gather Info) or Know (History, Local, Religion) dc 20:

Razmiri wear identical masks to conceal their identities, but the material the masks are made of denote one’s position in the clergy: gold is above silver, and silver is above iron.

Allenstead consists of a few dozen buildings built along either side of a solitary dirt road that leads from Razmiran to a ferry dock on the West Sellen River. At the center of the village, construction is nearly complete on a large stone statue of a Razmiri priest that stands nearly 20 feet in height. The head of the statue peers down at a stage.

SLIDE 9

It is about an hour before noon. Feel free to ask question(s) of the townfolk and wander around.

==>Sense Motive Checks from EVERYONE, please.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Human Wizard (Mud Specialist) 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 15 (14 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 |Perc: +5, SM: +2

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

"Now, I reckon we should be careful. Here in the River Kingdoms, we're near the start of the Razmiri faith, but Allenstead here has always been a right cuss and resisted conversion."

"Y'all know Razmir, right? One of the Ascended, passed the test of the Starstone. God 'o law, luxury and obedience," Hekran says, chewing a mint leaf, "Now, his followers, they wear masks. T'hide their identity, but if ye pay close attention, what the mask is made of will tell you right quick their standin' in the church. Gold masks above silver, silver above iron and so on."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

whaaaaaat

Grand Lodge

male Grippli
Spoiler:
AC 21/T 14/FF 18 HP 27 F+5 R+3 W+6 Init +6 Perception +9
Inquisitor 3

KnowLocal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
"Is this interesting. Do I find it curious that comon people can attain divinity. Is the will of the gods mysterious!"

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Preacher/Living Grimoire) Inquisitor 3| AC 20/12/19 | HP 30/30(+5 temp HP)| F+5,R+2,W+3 | CMD 16| Init+7,Perc+6,SenseMotive+7| Hand of the Acolyte 6/6 | Speed 20’ | Determination 1/day

Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Know. Religion 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Roland has heard a bit about Razmir, but not enough to add anything to Hekran ‘s description.

Scarab Sages

Consumed:
1 charge of mage armor
Female Elf Witch CN 1 - Init +8*; Perc +10; AC 17, T 16, FF 15; hp 9/9; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Current Effects: Mage Armor

Chewing on a piece of elk jerky, completely uninterested in the local religion, Ne'erduwyl lets the others mingle with the locals. She's more interested in this lantern they obtained.

Knowledge, Arcana, Magic Lantern: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Speaking to whatever party members are in earshot, she says, "I wonder what the stage is for? And where this golden scepter is that seems to be so influential?"

And then she says to Graktul, lifting up a piece of elk jerky, "Flail gog nunum, nok!"

Orcish:
Flail works good now, yes!

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Scarab Sages

Male LN Half-Orc Warpriest of Magdh 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +6, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM +7 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

The Armenian Man listens attentively as Hekran reveals a world of information about the Razmiran faith and this small town that resisted it for so long.

He starts wandering through the town square, looking up at the rapidly constructed statue, and begins questioning some of the townsfolk. He doesn't really beat around the bush, not really having the sense to try a subtle approach.

"Allenstead was never too keen on this Razmiran faith, I thought. Why is everyone so suddenly on board? I think it's great that you worship how you like, but it's a surprising change, don't you think?"

Liberty's Edge

AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +2 Dex, +1 dodge, +1 size) hp 15 (2d8+2) Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +0 Perc +5

I wonder if I could become a god too? he asks.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (1.2) | HP 14/14 | AC 18(w/shield 20) T 12 FF 18 CMB +5 CMD +17 | F +4 R +2 W +1 | Init. +2 | +1 to saves against Enchantment spells/effects | +5 Perc | Rages 4/6 | Spd. 30

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Orcish:
Yeah he is working well that blow felt good though wishing the fairy had brought a few more friends to work out the kinks. Wonder if an elk would count as a worthwhile enemy to notch in 'is handle.

Wonder who this is if they truly do not follow that religion Hekran.

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives
Neerduwyl Nathvallar wrote:

Chewing on a piece of elk jerky, completely uninterested in the local religion, Ne'erduwyl lets the others mingle with the locals. She's more interested in this lantern they obtained.

[dice=Knowledge, Arcana, Magic Lantern]1d20+8

Speaking to whatever party members are in earshot, she says, "I wonder what the stage is for? And where this golden scepter is that seems to be so influential?"

And then she says to Graktul, lifting up a piece of elk jerky, "Flail gog nunum, nok!"

** spoiler omitted **

Grim Lantern

This is what you know about the lantern you found.

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

Several of you, when talking with the locals, find that they are completely bewildered and enthralled by Folloch, saying things like the following:

“We were visited by Folloch, priest of the great Razmir. He has given our lives meaning and shown us the joys of servitude and obedience.”
“I do not know where he is now, but he will be here at noon, as he always is. Folloch never misses his daily sermon.”
“Folloch has entrusted us with a sacred task. We must erect a magnificent monument worthy of Razmir’s greatness.”

As noon approaches, the townspeople stop their various activities and form a crowd at the base of the stage. At noon, Folloch exits from a house and makes his way to the stage, flanked by two guards. When he notices you all, he turns the attention of the sermon to you. "“Ah! My dearestb children, it appears some stray lambs have wandered into our flock! Surely Razmir can uncloud the minds of these wayward souls.”

With a flourish, Folloch activates mesmeric baton by grinning malevolently, extending the rod, and uttering an arcane word. Unbeknownst to the priest, his constant and reckless use of the scepter has drained it of its power, and it now does nothing. Realization slowly spreads across his face, and Folloch stammers for his congregation to defend him as he flees the stage.

CHASE TIME
You have 3 rounds to succeed in 6 (or more) checks. Each check represents 1 round of action and you cannot use the same skill more than twice. As long as you can explain WHY you are using the chosen skill makes it a valid option. DC to succeed is 15.

ROUND 1+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Armenian Man
Glok
Gnickygnack
Graktul
Hekran
Neerduwyl
Roland

Scarab Sages

Male LN Half-Orc Warpriest of Magdh 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +6, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM +7 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

The Armenian Man sees the man start to run off, and allows him to do so. He calmly pulls out an elaborately hand-painted deck of fortune-teller's cards. He walks to the edge of the stage, draws three cards, and places them on the edge of the stage in order.

Profession (fortune-teller): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

"I... can make no sense of this. I thought I could see where he would go, but the future is clouded; we will have to give chase."

Do you want us to each make all three of our checks at once, or do all of round 1 first, then move to round 2, etc.?

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Preacher/Living Grimoire) Inquisitor 3| AC 20/12/19 | HP 30/30(+5 temp HP)| F+5,R+2,W+3 | CMD 16| Init+7,Perc+6,SenseMotive+7| Hand of the Acolyte 6/6 | Speed 20’ | Determination 1/day

Know. Religion 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

”Come back and debate me. You can talk about Razimir, while I tell the locals about the wonderful miracles that the true god of Magic, Nethys is capable of!” The good Pastor then continued to elaborate on his favored deity.

Scarab Sages

Consumed:
1 charge of mage armor
Female Elf Witch CN 1 - Init +8*; Perc +10; AC 17, T 16, FF 15; hp 9/9; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Current Effects: Mage Armor

Hoping the others follow, Ne'erduwyl fights her way through the crowd, and tries to keep a bead on foolish Folloch as he flees.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Not really sure how this works, should we be aiding each other or rolling our own skils?

151 to 200 of 522 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Silverhex Chronicles / Master of the Fallen Fortress / Crypt of the Everflame All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.