School of Spirits "Classic" (Inactive)

Game Master Daveak Bringer of Destruction

School of Spirits Map

Init:
[dice=Waki]1d20+6[/dice
[dice=Tholdand]1d20+1[/dice
[dice=Varuna]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Kasht]1d20+6[/dice
[dice=Viliym]1d20+1[/dice
[dice=Darian]1d20+3[/dice


151 to 198 of 198 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

[retired]

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

I guess same questions, 1) Lore and 2) Special Defenses

"Majordomo, can you tell zis... frend? Zat vee mean no harm?"

Turning to the plant creature, "Pleez, zese teeth not gud for chewing plants. Vut ees your name?"

Dark Archive

Tide of Morning The Confirmation Table The Confirmation Table 2

Diplomacy Viliym

Liberty's Edge

43/43 HP, AC: 19[25] (+1 vs traps), T: 15[17], FF: 15[19], CMD: 16, F: +5 , R: +11[13] (+1 vs traps), W: +5[4] (+2 vs Illusions), Init +5, Perception +15 (+17 Traps), NG Male Wayang Swashbuckler 1/Investigator 4, Rapier +11 (1d4+5, 18-20 x2)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Hmph, not here to harvest. Just to retrieve something old. No harm. Leave quickly."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Dark Archive

[retired]
DM Snider wrote:
Diplomacy Viliym

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

I think I'll buy that Headband with Diplomacy sooner rather than later... Assuming we survive this =(

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-orc Hex Magus:1 | HP:10/10 | AC:16; FF:14; T:12 | CMD:15 | F:4; R:2; W:3 | Init:+6 | Perc: +0 | Darkvision 60'

really, we're juh-just here to look at ssssstat-uary

diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

oi-vey, just roll initiative

Dark Archive

[retired]

We probably deserve it. We *are* a pretty creepy group.

Dark Archive

Half-orc Hex Magus:1 | HP:10/10 | AC:16; FF:14; T:12 | CMD:15 | F:4; R:2; W:3 | Init:+6 | Perc: +0 | Darkvision 60'

you're right, of course, but I don't know that creepy means much to a loony plant lady

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf (+2Con, +2Wis, -2Cha) 30/30HP, AC: 16 T: 16, FF: 14, CMD: 19, F: +6, R: +4, W: +6, Init +1, Pereption +7, Sense Motive +7 LN Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles/ Monk of the Sacred Mountain 3, Unarmed Strike: +7, (1d6+8, x2) MW Cestus: +7, (1d4+8, 19-20x2)

Hold on there lass, we aren't here for that, we want to help. I'm Tholand and these are mi friends.
Diplomacy: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (20) - 3 = 17
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
We just helped yer plant friend and he said we should talk to ye.
Lol! good ole Tholand saves the day.
Something seems off about her lads, her head ain't right. Says Tholand in a hushed tone.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
43/43 HP, AC: 19[25] (+1 vs traps), T: 15[17], FF: 15[19], CMD: 16, F: +5 , R: +11[13] (+1 vs traps), W: +5[4] (+2 vs Illusions), Init +5, Perception +15 (+17 Traps), NG Male Wayang Swashbuckler 1/Investigator 4, Rapier +11 (1d4+5, 18-20 x2)

The grumpy dwarf with the worst diplomacy saves the day!

Sovereign Court

Male Tengu Ninja 4/Bloodrager 1 | HP: 38/38 | AC:20 | T: 13 | FF: 17 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10 | Speed 40 ft. Ninja 4 (1/6 ki used) / Bloodrager 1 (3/5 rage) Destined Strike+1 (0/3) Stealth (+12) { invis}

lol - too true.

Dark Archive

Male Daemon spawn Tiefling Psychic 4 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 FF 15 T 13 | F 2 R 3 W 5 | CMD 12 | percep 5 Init 3

"J seems fine to me Tholand " say Darian before finally seeing the woman everyone else is talking to

"Oh"

Dark Archive

Tide of Morning The Confirmation Table The Confirmation Table 2

I havent had such a laugh (in a good way not evil DM kill all PCs way) in a long time lol. you guys are great

You turn around and notice that Majordomo is nowhere to be be seen.

J. speaks up to the plant. "Wait, we are not here to harm you or your babys. All we want is to help my friend Grishan find something he placed here long ago."

Diplo J.: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

even adding all of the possible aids together there is no escaping this combat lol. So close

The ghoran gets mad at J. "Ofcourse your here to take my babys. There is no other reason for you to be here exept to take us back to captivity."

And with that she cast a spell And final combat. Almost flawless lol

spellcraft DC 17:
spider climb

Waki: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Tholdand: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Varuna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Kasht: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Viliym: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Darian: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
J.: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
BG: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Kasht, Waki, J., Varuna, Viliym, Tholand,
_________________________________________________

BG
_________________________________________________
Darian

Bold is up

Dark Archive

Tide of Morning The Confirmation Table The Confirmation Table 2

OK so i miss read one of Js abilities with grishan(nice bonus when he is not out) and she would have past her diplomacy. That would let you guys do this diplomaticly. I will let you chose whether or not you want to continue battle or continue talking. The choice is yours.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
43/43 HP, AC: 19[25] (+1 vs traps), T: 15[17], FF: 15[19], CMD: 16, F: +5 , R: +11[13] (+1 vs traps), W: +5[4] (+2 vs Illusions), Init +5, Perception +15 (+17 Traps), NG Male Wayang Swashbuckler 1/Investigator 4, Rapier +11 (1d4+5, 18-20 x2)

I'm all for trying to finish a scenario with no combats. That would be a first for me.

Dark Archive

Male Daemon spawn Tiefling Psychic 4 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 FF 15 T 13 | F 2 R 3 W 5 | CMD 12 | percep 5 Init 3

I would prefer to notch up another we talked our way through everything scenario to the tally but happy either way. Darians initiative looks right. If it goes to combat will look to cast amplified magic missile for a couple of rounds with dark half active for the bleeds otherwise diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Darian will say something inappropriate

Dark Archive

Half-orc Hex Magus:1 | HP:10/10 | AC:16; FF:14; T:12 | CMD:15 | F:4; R:2; W:3 | Init:+6 | Perc: +0 | Darkvision 60'

I'm happy with a diplomatic solution, though I don't trust Kasht to say anything else... he could try singing, again...

Dark Archive

[retired]

Oh, wow, really? I thought we still had a lot left. What were the fights supposed to be? Thugs, Mandragora, and Ghoran?

Dark Archive

Tide of Morning The Confirmation Table The Confirmation Table 2

thugs were number 1, mandragora was 2, this am was 3, the haunt was 4 and Cassie was number 5. You can choose who to help first but those are the combats. I will update it tonight then.

Dark Archive

[retired]

Ha! I'll probably get some sort of negative Boon for the blood donation, huh?

Dark Archive

Tide of Morning The Confirmation Table The Confirmation Table 2

She looks up at the party, seeming to have calmed down quite alot. "If you are not here for my babys then why are you here"

Dark Archive

Male Daemon spawn Tiefling Psychic 4 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 FF 15 T 13 | F 2 R 3 W 5 | CMD 12 | percep 5 Init 3

We are here to retrieve something left in that statue over there

Dark Archive

Tide of Morning The Confirmation Table The Confirmation Table 2

"And what might that be"

Dark Archive

Male Daemon spawn Tiefling Psychic 4 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 FF 15 T 13 | F 2 R 3 W 5 | CMD 12 | percep 5 Init 3

Some papers he left in there for safekeeping a long time ago. Inside the lions statue head

Dark Archive

[retired]

"How long have you leeved here? Zis place was very deeferent some decades ago."

Dark Archive

Tide of Morning The Confirmation Table The Confirmation Table 2

"I just arrived here a few days ago. I have excaped from Nex as they like to keep my and my people captive. All I want to do is to sprout my babys and get a ghoran population here. Then I can petition Absalom government to help free the rest of my people. Please all that I ask is that you keep my presence here secret. If you do this you can get what you came for peacefully."

You promise to keep her existance here a secret and she lets you get what you came for. Last 3 Slides on the maps

After reading the notes he took, Grishan is astonished with what he reads about his own family. He quickly asks that you take to see his brother and get to the bottom of this. J. reads the information about her mother and is distraught, slightly disgusted, and refuses to talk about it.

As you leave the Precipice Quarter, a man in a uniform similar to Junia’s, but with more medals and polish, emerges from a side alley at a brisk pace. “Finally, I found you. I heard around the lodge that a team of Pathfinders was headed in to the Tri-Towers Yard.” Colson bows his head. “My brother was one of many children who died when the earthquake hit. As a result, I take great interest in expeditions leading in to that cursed site. The last Pathfinder expedition seven years ago found his body, and as a result, my family was able to give him a proper burial. Those agents also found some...” Colson pauses, and then continues delicately, “reports about my brother’s after-school activities that would have been quite embarrassing if made public. Did you, by chance, find any information about my brother?”

This is a choice you make as a party to 1. Turn over the information you found in the notes or 2. Keep the notes and lie and turn them over to the proper authorities. You are also able to interigate him a little to find out more information before making your choice.

Dark Archive

[retired]
DM Snider wrote:
"I just arrived here a few days ago. I have excaped from Nex as they like to keep my and my people captive.

Viliym seems truly intrigued by this revelation.

"Ja? Zis ees truly small verld. I studied at Ebon Mausoleum, een Geb. Zee Nexians vud vant nussing less zan to destroy zat center of learning. I vill keep your secret, but I haz proposition vor you..." (ever the bargainer, right?)

Viliym takes out his Wayfinder.

"I am Passfinder. Vee all are..." he grins at J, "And Passfinders make truce vith many types of creatures. You have helped us here. May vee help you een return? I know of particular Captain zat might be obligated to help, actually..."

Dark Archive

Male Daemon spawn Tiefling Psychic 4 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 FF 15 T 13 | F 2 R 3 W 5 | CMD 12 | percep 5 Init 3

J what these documents teach us is that we are all creatures of chaos never sticking to our own rules. I do not think we should let this man try and control his own chaos but teach him that his own chaotic actions lead to chaos for him

bit of a bombshell here

Liberty's Edge

43/43 HP, AC: 19[25] (+1 vs traps), T: 15[17], FF: 15[19], CMD: 16, F: +5 , R: +11[13] (+1 vs traps), W: +5[4] (+2 vs Illusions), Init +5, Perception +15 (+17 Traps), NG Male Wayang Swashbuckler 1/Investigator 4, Rapier +11 (1d4+5, 18-20 x2)

After reading through all the secretive documents, Varuna is very weary of Colson. "Hmph, truth should be free. Information not supressed. Into the light."

He then pulls J to the side and whispers to her, "What do you want? Secrets about you. About Grishan's family."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Sovereign Court

Male Tengu Ninja 4/Bloodrager 1 | HP: 38/38 | AC:20 | T: 13 | FF: 17 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10 | Speed 40 ft. Ninja 4 (1/6 ki used) / Bloodrager 1 (3/5 rage) Destined Strike+1 (0/3) Stealth (+12) { invis}

Waki reads the documents but does not decide the fate of the information. Secrets are for their keepers.

Dark Archive

Tide of Morning The Confirmation Table The Confirmation Table 2

@Viliym "No i want to remain hidden until the time is right. I dont want to risk any outside involvement."

J. looks at Varuna, "I want to know why. I am not a pathfinder though and this is not something I personaly want the world to know, however if there is corruption then I believe that it is your duty to do the right thing"

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Daemon spawn Tiefling Psychic 4 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 FF 15 T 13 | F 2 R 3 W 5 | CMD 12 | percep 5 Init 3

role playing this out we all make our recommendations to J and then she will go with our majority decision. I make it two to authorities one abstention and Viliyim Gants more of ze infoemashun

Liberty's Edge

43/43 HP, AC: 19[25] (+1 vs traps), T: 15[17], FF: 15[19], CMD: 16, F: +5 , R: +11[13] (+1 vs traps), W: +5[4] (+2 vs Illusions), Init +5, Perception +15 (+17 Traps), NG Male Wayang Swashbuckler 1/Investigator 4, Rapier +11 (1d4+5, 18-20 x2)

"J right. Duty to report corruption. Only continues otherwise."

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf (+2Con, +2Wis, -2Cha) 30/30HP, AC: 16 T: 16, FF: 14, CMD: 19, F: +6, R: +4, W: +6, Init +1, Pereption +7, Sense Motive +7 LN Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles/ Monk of the Sacred Mountain 3, Unarmed Strike: +7, (1d6+8, x2) MW Cestus: +7, (1d4+8, 19-20x2)

J, it be yer decision, but I think ye should go with your gut lass.

Dark Archive

Half-orc Hex Magus:1 | HP:10/10 | AC:16; FF:14; T:12 | CMD:15 | F:4; R:2; W:3 | Init:+6 | Perc: +0 | Darkvision 60'

Kasht nods, agreeing with Varuna

Dark Archive

Tide of Morning The Confirmation Table The Confirmation Table 2

Refusing to turn over any information to Coloson, he makes one last plea. “I know this looks bad, and I’m not going to try to justify my actions. These notes paint everyone they touch in a negative light. But, Pathfinders, in situations such as this one, it is important to consider the bigger picture, the greater good, and the unfortunate realities of politics. Skilled orators can take even the hint of scandal and spin it into a mountain to bury their target, preventing almost anyone from seeing the accomplishments and value of the people beneath. Remember what we discovered two years ago, my friends, and the seeds of corruption threatening Andoran that sparked the decision to separate Liberty’s Edge as its own entity. Were this information to become public, members of that conspiracy among Andoran’s politicians would use their oratory against all our works, which would deal a crippling blow to our cause’s influence. They would tarnish not only my own reputation, but the reputation of the Liberty’s Edge as a whole, and by extension, the reputations and of all of the Pathfinders who tirelessly work under our banner to promote the cause of freedom. It may even spell the end of our movement to promote the cause of freedom throughout the Inner Sea and beyond!”

I should have been more clear. You can turn information over to him, the society, or the authorities. When i read this the first few times i didnt relize it was meaning the society as an option. The game is also reported and few chronicles are done. once this roll play part is done i will post the chronicles

Dark Archive

[retired]

"Zis decishun... I has no concern. I abstain. Poleetics, zay are not my vorté. Especially zose of vreedom vighters."

So, I've read the handouts... What am I missing? Other than J's mother working against the Society, which is the bigger reveal in my mind, I'm not seeing why Colson matters at all?

Liberty's Edge

43/43 HP, AC: 19[25] (+1 vs traps), T: 15[17], FF: 15[19], CMD: 16, F: +5 , R: +11[13] (+1 vs traps), W: +5[4] (+2 vs Illusions), Init +5, Perception +15 (+17 Traps), NG Male Wayang Swashbuckler 1/Investigator 4, Rapier +11 (1d4+5, 18-20 x2)

I was under the impression that the authorities was the society. So I'm for giving it to the society and letting them determine what to do with it

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

Tide of Morning The Confirmation Table The Confirmation Table 2

So the time frame for all of this is 10 years before season 0. So the information here would have been important to the society as Grand master torch would become a faction leader. It talks about the Morilla Family and how they are a "League of Assassins" known as the guild of wonders. They are known for spying on the society and blackros family, as well over seeing assassination contracts on society members. Yes J's mother was a member of the harbingers of fate.[Unfortunatly, i personally dont know the back story on them.] As for him personally, he finds out that his family is not as pure and noble as he was lead to believe. He wants to hide his past. Most of the information doesnt have any merit in todays world other than its dirty secrets. All the information is 20 years old or so. I hope this helped. i will try and do more research but today i am trying to get my stuff figured out for when i go home

Dark Archive

[retired]

^ awesome, that helps! Thanks!

Dark Archive

Half-orc Hex Magus:1 | HP:10/10 | AC:16; FF:14; T:12 | CMD:15 | F:4; R:2; W:3 | Init:+6 | Perc: +0 | Darkvision 60'

Kasht will explain in his halting fashion, that if the notes describe any criminal activity they ought to be given to the magistrate with any other relevant information to be put in our reports.

Dark Archive

Male Daemon spawn Tiefling Psychic 4 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 FF 15 T 13 | F 2 R 3 W 5 | CMD 12 | percep 5 Init 3

Js mother is Lady Dalcine who had a child as a result of an affair Harbingers of fate I think was the cult involved with the Devil we know series. The morilla family presumably includes Glorianna Morilla current head of the Sovereign court !!!!?! And unless I am reading it wrong Colson 's family name was voenecker a nasty bunch of villains. Darians advice remains the authorities but I suspect the society is where this information is headed

Sovereign Court

Male Tengu Ninja 4/Bloodrager 1 | HP: 38/38 | AC:20 | T: 13 | FF: 17 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10 | Speed 40 ft. Ninja 4 (1/6 ki used) / Bloodrager 1 (3/5 rage) Destined Strike+1 (0/3) Stealth (+12) { invis}

Waki would agree to turning the information over to the Society rather than other ag
Agencies.

"Grave matters this is. Perhaps better handled by Venture Captains or the Dicemverate it would be."

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf (+2Con, +2Wis, -2Cha) 30/30HP, AC: 16 T: 16, FF: 14, CMD: 19, F: +6, R: +4, W: +6, Init +1, Pereption +7, Sense Motive +7 LN Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles/ Monk of the Sacred Mountain 3, Unarmed Strike: +7, (1d6+8, x2) MW Cestus: +7, (1d4+8, 19-20x2)

Lads aren't we forgettin a promise we made to Grishan? My word is my bond I think we should turn this over to Colson and fulfill his brothers duty. This be old news mi friends, do ye really think it means that much? J you wear his colors and he is your superior. Is this how ye want to start yer first mission? Not to mention it effects ye personally. It appears I stand alone, I hope the others come to their senses, but J it is your decision, I'll leave it at that. With that Tholand folds his arms and steps away from the party, not wanting to see his promise unfulfilled.. If the party decides not to hand over the info he immediately begins disciplining himself.

Dark Archive

Male Daemon spawn Tiefling Psychic 4 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 FF 15 T 13 | F 2 R 3 W 5 | CMD 12 | percep 5 Init 3

Does Grishan still want to pass the information to his brother or was recovering the info his goal Darian asks J and Grishan

we have 2 for authorities 2 for society and 1 for Colson with 1 abstention assuming Grishan does want to give stuff to Colson. I suggest a diplomacy roll off whoever gets the highest wins (including Tholand as part of me wants to see his awesome diplomacy rolls win out this adventure)

Dark Archive

Tide of Morning The Confirmation Table The Confirmation Table 2

sorry clearing today. will try and finish last post tomorrow. Confirming majority wants to turn it in to the PFS correct

Dark Archive

Tide of Morning The Confirmation Table The Confirmation Table 2

Junia shoots you an annoyed glance as she had not wanted Maldris to know that Grishan had survived.

Maldris is taken aback. His eyes flash with fury,"How dare you talk like you know my brother. He died back in the quake and you have no right to talk about him." His look then soften as he realizes you aren’t playing a cruel joke, "G-Grishan" he whispers, "Is that you brother?"

Grishan does not emerge from Junia, "He does not wish to speak with you after things you made him do and you lied to him." She seems like she is also listening to something being said in her head, "Brother…not yet." Grishan’s conflicting emotions cause tears to roll down J.’s face.

Begining to cry himself Maldris begins to speak " I am sorry for every thing." He falls to his hands and knees, "I swear if there was a way to go back and save you from everything I would"
Relizing that nothing will change Grishans mind on the matter Maldris rises and takes his leave.

Once J. has stopped crying she thanks you for everything you have done for her and for Grishan and is ready to begin the trip back.

On the trip back Grishan comes out to speak. "I always wanted to be an Eagle Knight like Colson. He got his wings so young, and I wanted to follow him anywhere, and fight for freedom, no matter what." after a brief moment to gather his thoughts, "Now everyone will know. Colson said he trusted me, but he lied. He hid our family from me.

Turning over to the society

Both J. and Grishan have learned much about themselves and their power. J. feels that she is ready to finally leave the Drownyard behind her, but has come to realize that she cannot follow in her mother’s footsteps. She instead wishes to strike out on her own and get to know her newfound powers better. She also asks if any of you might be willing to sponsor her to begin training with the Pathfinder Society. Assuming at least 1 person will
Grishan, for his part, has a better understanding of his past and his relationship with his brother. He realizes that his bond with her is far stronger than the connection he still feels with his brother, and he is determined to follow J. wherever her journeys might take her.

That is the end. I am posting chronicles now.

Sovereign Court

Male Tengu Ninja 4/Bloodrager 1 | HP: 38/38 | AC:20 | T: 13 | FF: 17 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +10 | Speed 40 ft. Ninja 4 (1/6 ki used) / Bloodrager 1 (3/5 rage) Destined Strike+1 (0/3) Stealth (+12) { invis}

"As say they do. The truth free will set you! ."

Waki is happy to sponsor J into the Society.

"An excellent member you will make. Experiences many you have had for one so young as you are."

Dark Archive

Male Daemon spawn Tiefling Psychic 4 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 FF 15 T 13 | F 2 R 3 W 5 | CMD 12 | percep 5 Init 3

My apologies to you both he says to J I fear whenever you find four or more pathfinders together you will found at least one of them more than capable of opening their mouth and putting their foot in it. Today it is me Darian bows and adds It would have been an honour to sponsor you into the society

Fantastic game great job everybody

151 to 198 of 198 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / School of Spirits All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.