Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion

Game Master Shadow Bloodmoon

The world ended and now you are a part of its rebirth and aftermath. The Tomorrow Legion protects the innocent from those who would harm, hinder or simply eat them. You are a part of the Legion, make us proud.

Maps


3,601 to 3,647 of 3,647 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>

Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 7, RATN 6, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d12; 70 ISP

You've already moved on, but FWIW, Burgurk would just use an angry tone of voice and threatening stances to Intimidate.

Burgurk seems obviously uncomfortable. "My racial instincts are telling me to go for it, and it would be a bigger feather in our caps if we could bring even more info back to the Legion, but it's just the two of us against we-don't-know-how-many people in this organization. And it's not like we could infiltrate it, we stick out too much. Also, I'm not good at sneaking around (like, d4-2 not good).

If you can come up with a detailed way to implement your plan, maybe I would feel better about it."


Wounds 0 | Bennies 3/3 | Parry: 13; RATN: 10; Tough: 18(8) | Notice: d8, Psionics d12+1 | 30/14 ISP | Active Conditions: Malliferan Bee Man Psi-Warrior

●I'm very good at sneaking, but I grant that not everyone is.● He cocks his head to look askance at Josie with his compound eyes, ●His idea of stealth is probably to turn off Elsie's headlights.●

He sits and thinks for a moment.

●I would be comfortable following them alone, though intervening with a group of Psi-Stalkers would likely be a bad idea solo. There would be very few better suited to counter me in a fight. And if innocents are endangered, I have a tendency to act impulsively. You are probably right that the wisest plan is to return with the intelligence gained and receive new orders.●


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 7, RATN 6, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d12; 70 ISP

"I agree. This team is not made for infiltration and intelligence-gathering. Let's go back with what we have and let the higher-ups decide what to do. Also, what about that forest of living trees? Didn't we make a promise to them about something?"


Wounds 0 | Bennies 3/3 | Parry: 13; RATN: 10; Tough: 18(8) | Notice: d8, Psionics d12+1 | 30/14 ISP | Active Conditions: Malliferan Bee Man Psi-Warrior

●After a fashion. Help them get rid of the harvesting equipment. Should be easier to achieve now that our cover is not as vital. Still better not to get caught, but if we do, it doesn't blow the mission.●

●Josie may be able to rig up some sort of sound dampener or cloaking device for you, to make it a little easier to sabotage the equipment and get out.●


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 7, RATN 6, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d12; 70 ISP

"That would be great. I feel like a bull in a pottery shop."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Just to clarify, we are planning to head back to base and then work on the harvesting equipment, or the other way around?


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 7, RATN 6, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d12; 70 ISP

"Since we're already close to the harvesting equipment, we probably ought to take care of that now. No telling where we'll be sent once get back to base."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Cool. So Josie was going to rig up some stuff to help you go after the harvesting equipment. Otherwise, you will have to decide on an approach to the site. It’s about 10 miles Southwest from where you are, according to what you heard around the town. With Elsie, you could be there within less than a couple of hours, depending on how you approach.


Wounds 0 | Bennies 3/3 | Parry: 13; RATN: 10; Tough: 18(8) | Notice: d8, Psionics d12+1 | 30/14 ISP | Active Conditions: Malliferan Bee Man Psi-Warrior

●I suggest we retrace our steps going back. We still have our cover, though we will have to come up with an excuse for leaving. Perhaps we received word another mercenary company has found a large vampire nest, and wants to hire us as additional manpower to help route it out. If we run into anyone that asks questions along the way, we stick to that story. We'll need a name and details for the job so the story stays consistent. We'll stop back at the forest and put the harvesting equipment out of commission before moving on. Sound good?●


Wounds 0 | Bennies 3/3 | Parry: 4; Tough: 13(6) | Notice: d6, Drive d8, TW d12, Repair d12+5, Occult d12 | 20/20 PPE | Active Conditions: None

Going over the plan with Burgurk and Jingu later, Josie asks, "What kinda gizmo you think would help most? I can rig up something to turn you invisible, but you'd have to keep you own self quiet. I could rig something up to kill the noise, but you'd end up deaf, as the thingimabob would kill all the sound. I could probably even whip some'in up that might just give ye an edge in sneakin', kinda like a boost to your talent o' goin' quiet or unnoticed. Spose I could whip up all three, if'n you need 'em. Doodads like these don't last long; 3-5 minutes I recon. Little longer with luck, mayhap. What'll I do you for?"

Techno Wizardry Craft Device: 1d12 ⇒ 111d6 ⇒ 4
That would be a raise on a device, giving it 15 PPE.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 7, RATN 6, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d12; 70 ISP

"With Jingu's telepathy connecting us all, silence is no problem. It would be nice to be both invisible and silent if you can whip those up. And the ability to sneak better would be handy, but maybe not necessary given the other two devices."


Wounds 0 | Bennies 3/3 | Parry: 4; Tough: 13(6) | Notice: d6, Drive d8, TW d12, Repair d12+5, Occult d12 | 20/20 PPE | Active Conditions: None

"Thissin here is your standard type cloaking device. Attach it to your armour here, and when you're ready, tap it with some o' yo' mind-mojo. Lemme check the power reading..." Josie fiddles with the device for a moment while securing it to Burgurk. "Lemme see, 38 milliamps per cycle, this should run for... 330 seconds, so 5 minutes, give or take. Let me get started on a sound dampener. Oh, the gizmo may start or fizzle a bit when the battery runs dry. If you need to ditch it, no big deal, but if you can save it, I can probably reuse most of the parts. Once you activate it, you'll be close to unseeable, but they may see a bit of a shimmer. Oh, and if they realize you're there and start scanning with a thermal cam, I doubt this thing will hide you, so just be warned."

Techno-Wizardry: 1d12 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 4

Josie finishes up his fiddling, and brings up another device, fixing it to the opposite pauldron of Burgurk's armour. "This one is set up for area effect, centered on the device. Radius'll be... 5.48 meters. Power output... hmm, secondary battery didn't take. Looks like it'll give you 300 seconds. This thing cancels out all sound, so you'll be stone deaf, just t'warn ya. It's centered on the watchamacallit, so if you drop it, the dead zone will stick with it until it runs dry. Since you'll be invisible and silent, you could even use your jetpack, but keep in mind the thrust it puts off is going to blow up dust, shake leaves, and create a strong heat signature, all that, so just keep that in mind."

"Alright, think you boys are ready. Buzzbee, you needin' anything? No, okay, well, me and Elsie 'ill be right 'ere. Lemme know if you're comin' in hot, and I'll lay down cover fire. Elsie's got thermal, so I should see ya comin' even if you's still be cloaked."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

It looks like you guys might be ready to move on to the camp, correct? I haven’t seen anything else, so I’m presuming that is the case. Let’s move you guys to the outskirts..

Wednesday, December 20th, 109 PA (2395CE). 0732 hours. 23 Degrees F (-5 Degrees C), Breezy (14mph (22 Kph), with Volant Mistral). Southern Missouri, approaching CS Logging Camp. (10 miles SSW of Falcon, MO)

Volant Mistral means that those of you with psychic abilities can fly by spending 1 power point per 10mph you wish to move. This is a supernatural effect coming from a nearby open Rift, but its effects will only last for the next few hours.

Cold: Unless you plan on getting out of Elsie for more than a few hours, I’m not going to worry about it. Plus, your suits should protect you anyway as I believe they are environmental.

The morning air is chill as you make your way towards the Coalition’s logging camp. Luckily, Josiah keeps Elsie warm and toasty on the drive there. Once you get out on foot, Not sure how far away you want to park Elsie, your environmental filters kick in and keep you at a comfortable temperature. The cold is not what you notice first however. Several animals, most of whom have no wings, seem to be floating in the air, some attempting to scramble at it and some able to soar. You are pretty sure that opossums can’t do that. Normally. While you don’t see any Coalition patrols yet, you know they have to be here somewhere. Now to make a plan to get inside the perimeter without letting them know you are here.

Dramatic Task, 3 turns, 6 tokens needed. You have all kinds of Stealth gear thanks to Josiah, so this should be easy. Round one, no complications, go!


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 7, RATN 6, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d12; 70 ISP

So, what bonuses to Stealth do the cloak and silencer give? Just to confirm, the cloak only covers Burgurk, but the silencer covers a diameter of 6", so Jingu could fly beside me and be included, yes?


Wounds 0 | Bennies 3/3 | Parry: 13; RATN: 10; Tough: 18(8) | Notice: d8, Psionics d12+1 | 30/14 ISP | Active Conditions: Malliferan Bee Man Psi-Warrior
Invisibility: SWADE pg 164 wrote:

With a success, the character is transparent except for a vague blur or outline. An enemy may detect the near-invisible presence if he has a reason to look and makes a Notice roll at −4. Once detected, he may attack the foe at −4 as well. With a raise, the character is much less detectable. The penalty to Notice or hit him is −6.

Invisibility affects the character and his personal items. Anything picked up after the power was cast remains visible.

Silence: SWADE pg 168 wrote:
Silence does the opposite, muting all sound up to a loud shout within a Large Blast Template. A raise on the roll mutes all sound, no matter how loud. Those with Arcane Background (Magic) and Arcane Background (Miracle) cannot activate powers while silenced.

So, you should be very difficult to spot, and with silence on, noise will not be a factor. It doesn't give you a stealth bonus per say, but rather makes you unnoticed unless an enemy has specific reason to look for you. I would suggest you could use another skill to plan your route into the area, such as Notice or even just your psionics skill, as you are using it to activate the devices. I think Jingu would fly outside the sphere of silence so he can maintain better situational awareness; he has a good stealth skill, and can turn invisible on his own.

What time of day is it, and should we wait for night?


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 7, RATN 6, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d12; 70 ISP

Jingu - thanks for the explanations! So I don't make a Stealth roll, but the GM decides if there's any reason for a bad guy to make a Notice-4 roll?
FWIW, both these powers sound rather subjective. Or do I make a Stealth roll, and *when* I fail ;) anyone around (if any) gets a -4 to their Notice? Why doesn't the Silence affect any Notice rolls?
Yes, let's definitely wait until night.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Stealth is very subjective, but in essence, there is more to stealth than sight and sound, though those are a major factor. Remember in this world, there are thermal scanners and sometimes psychic ones. Rules wise, if you use Stealth as your first roll, this is not opposed, as this is a skill challenge, not a direct encounter. Either way, only those guards on patrol would have a reason to be looking for you and, as Jingu said, you could use Notice or Survival or some such to plan a route around them for your first skill roll this round. It is early morning, but if you want to wait until night, you can, but you will need your night vision gear and more than likely, they will have some too.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 7, RATN 6, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d12; 70 ISP

Notice & Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 31d6 ⇒ 3

Stealth & Wild: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -11d6 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

So now what happens?


Wounds 0 | Bennies 3/3 | Parry: 13; RATN: 10; Tough: 18(8) | Notice: d8, Psionics d12+1 | 30/14 ISP | Active Conditions: Malliferan Bee Man Psi-Warrior

You have Boost, don't you? You should give yourself a stealth skill. 4d-2 to d6 would be a big jump.

You should roll your Psionics skill first anyway to see if you get the Raise effect of the enchantments. It's also your highest skill, and since you are using it to accomplish the tasks, seems legit to use it for the dramatic challenge.

Invisibility: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (2) = 9
I got a raise, so notice vs. me will be at -6.

True invisibility is the Mega-power version, which makes you truly invisible to all spectra, but it's expensive in ISP, and pointless if we don't both have it.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

I agree with Jingu, you can give yourself a bit of a boost using Psionics for rolling so you can get those raises, otherwise, for this round, you start with 2 tokens for Jingu’s raise on Invisibility. I’ll let you Reroll this round if you wish, Burgurk. You get to pick only one skill though, unless you take a MAP. If you want to take it as is, that’s fine, but Burgurk’s failure will make the next round more difficult (-2). You have two more rounds to get 4 more tokens. No extra complications for this round, so that’s good at least.

Assuming no reroll:
Jingu and Burgurk slip through the forest as quietly as they can, assisted by Josiah’s gear and Jingu’s power. As you approach the outer perimeter, a patrol that Burgurk missed nearly steps right into your path, causing some of the low brush to move in front of them as you scamper to get away. They pause for a moment, two CS Troopers, and it appears they might be chatting to each other, as they point to the bushes. One of them shines a light on the area, but seeing nothing, the other one claps him on the shoulder and says something you can’t hear.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 7, RATN 6, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d12; 70 ISP

Boosting both my Notice and Stealth, with a MAP

Boosting my Stealth
Psionics & Wild: 1d12 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 101d6 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4 Double Aces!
ACE! ACE!: 1d12 ⇒ 121d6 ⇒ 4
ACE!: 1d12 ⇒ 12 Ok, this is getting ridiculous...
ACE!: 1d12 ⇒ 10 I think that's a Success and Raise...

Boosting my Notice
Psionics & Wild: 1d12 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 71d6 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2 Success

Notice is now d8, Stealth is now d6 (I'm assuming the progression order is : d4-1 --> d4 --> d6, even tho the power says that the trait is raised by one or two die types).

Notice & Wild: 1d8 ⇒ 71d6 ⇒ 3 = Success

Stealth & Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 6
ACE! ACE!: 1d6 ⇒ 51d6 ⇒ 6
ACE!: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Raise


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 7, RATN 6, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d12; 70 ISP

So let me see if I understand the mechanics of this. My PC has Invisibility and Silence. By RAW, Invisibility and Silence affect an *observer's* chances of noticing me. My first roll is Passive, since no guards are aware of me yet. So, when I make the first Stealth roll, neither power helps me. But if/when I fail the Stealth roll, the guards go into Active mode, and *then* they get penalties to their Notice from my Invisibility and Silence. Is that it?


Wounds 0 | Bennies 3/3 | Parry: 13; RATN: 10; Tough: 18(8) | Notice: d8, Psionics d12+1 | 30/14 ISP | Active Conditions: Malliferan Bee Man Psi-Warrior

By RAW, I'd saw that is all correct, though in practice there should be some in-world consideration. Stealth is kind of irrelevant if you are completely silent; there will be no noise, though to be fair, there is more to stealth than sound - it also involves how to stay out of the line of sight. However, when you are invisible, that kind of disappears too. If I were running things, I would probably play it as kind of free reign to act until you interact with something. Basically getting in is free, but once we start doing stuff, getting out is where things get tricky. But then, I've never liked the Dramatic Task mechanic and prefer to do things with regular rules when possible.

From an RP perspective, unless the guards have a reason to be looking, ingress should be more or less unopposed. There is nothing to see, nothing to hear, and unless somebody moves something or drops something, nothing to indicate anyone else is there. If we are flying in, Burgurk should be cautious to make sure he doesn't hit anybody with his jetpack exhaust, because invisible or not, that much thrust is going to be noticed.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 7, RATN 6, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d12; 70 ISP

I'd forgotten about the jetpack. DMSBM, does Silence negate ALL sound, no matter how loud (shades of Anya's power suit!)?


Wounds 0 | Bennies 3/3 | Parry: 13; RATN: 10; Tough: 18(8) | Notice: d8, Psionics d12+1 | 30/14 ISP | Active Conditions: Malliferan Bee Man Psi-Warrior

It's in the description; the base ability negates only up to the level of a loud shout, however, with a raise, it negates all sound; it could be a 747, if you could catch all 4 engines within the LBT. You boosted your stats, but did you roll to activate the TW devices? Its a standard Psionics roll to do so. If not, you may have to roll to activate, see how well it's functioning (if you got a raise), and then decide whether or not to use the jetpack.

Anya's power suit... *shudder*

Silence: SWADE pg 168 wrote:
Silence does the opposite, muting all sound up to a loud shout within a Large Blast Template. A raise on the roll mutes all sound, no matter how loud. Those with Arcane Background (Magic) and Arcane Background (Miracle) cannot activate powers while silenced.

Edit: Looked it up, and an LBT is only 6m, which wouldn't even cover two engines on a 747. You'd need 4 devices so you could have one on each engine.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Dramatic Tasks are more for getting things done when something bad could happen or in the middle of a firefight and you’re also trying to disarm the bomb. It’s meant to take into account the stress of the situation. I could run it as a Quick Encounter too, I suppose. Silence and Invisibility make it extremely difficulty for anyone to detect you, however, that random tree branch you knock over or canister of supplies that oddly falls over by itself does tend to make soldiers suspicious, thus the availability to still use Stealth as your roll. Plus, since it is now night time, thermal and infrared vision are something to contend with and I believe you have simple Invisibility active, not True Invisibility. One could have easily chosen another skill to get you in as well. Either way, I am going to say you have more than enough successes to infiltrate the camp unnoticed.

Jingu and Burgurk find it almost comically easy to get into the camp undetected. Slipping through a make shift energy fence and around several patrols is almost child’s play. You find yourself in the middle of the camp, several logging machines and vehicles are parked and stowed around the center. One is a carrier truck with several logs piled into it. Two large prefab buildings look to be the barracks and command areas. While most of the workers appear to be inside, you spot a few of them talking and laughing amongst themselves by the light of a construction illumination array. One of the patrols has returned as well and it appears they are switching out with another patrol just getting their gear on. The sergeant of the first patrol is harshly encouraging them to speed it up.

So, what are your plans now? There are four logging vehicles in all, two buildings and three logging machines. There is also an older model Coalition MkIX APC being used for the military patrols as a base. A large amount of supplies are also scattered about the camp.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 7, RATN 6, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d12; 70 ISP

Drat, I was waiting until we resolved the issue of the sound, figuring we hadn't moved in yet. I was going to suggest that we go during the day, because of the nighttime thermal imaging. Too late to ret-con that?

"Hmmm...I'm thinking we should have had Josiah whip us up some bombs..." (telepathically to Jingu).

"Jingu, what do you think? I could mind-blast the logging machines, but they could eventually be replaced. Can you blow things up with your mind?"


Savage Rifts RotRwT

I believe above you both agreed to wait until nightfall.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 7, RATN 6, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d12; 70 ISP

We did say we'd attack during the night, but then you mentioned thermal imaging devices (which our PC's would have been aware of, but I had forgotten about). I changed my mind right then, but because we were discussing Invisibility and Silence, and how they work with Stealth, I was waiting for that discussion to end before bringing up the time of day of the op. But then you suddenly put us in the middle of the action. No big deal, just wanted to avoid thermals if possible...


Lesser Bandersnatch: Parry 11, Ranged TN 4, Toughness 24(8)| Wounds: 0; Fatigue: 0; Bennies: 3/2

SBM: seems like we rushed in a bit. Would it be alright to back up time a little and strategize a plan before we get started?


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Easily done, we’ll put you back at 7 am, when you arrived outside the area.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 7, RATN 6, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d12; 70 ISP

Wait a minute, what's that big ape doing in this game?!? ;)

"So, what's our plan? Destroy their equipment? They could eventually bring in more, which doesn't help our friends long-term. I could mind-blast the equipment as a start, but we need to break up their entire operation..."


Wounds 0 | Bennies 3/3 | Parry: 13; RATN: 10; Tough: 18(8) | Notice: d8, Psionics d12+1 | 30/14 ISP | Active Conditions: Malliferan Bee Man Psi-Warrior

●It's threading a thin line; if we destroy the equipment, they could bring in more, making whatever we do just a delay. I think that is really all we implied that we would do, and its just more of a friendly gesture than anything else. It might give the sentient trees time to move and migrate out of the harvesting area.

●We could try to scare the Coalition off, but I think anything we did to cause that would probably just make them paranoid enough to respond by burning the whole forest down or just carpet bombing the whole area.

●Taking out the equipment is probably the best we can offer.

After thinking a moment he says, ●An out-there strategy would be to reprogram their equipment. I think Josiah still has a few Skelebot parts lying around from that op we ran a while back. They should have a basic AI on board. If we pulled out the computer core, and I reprogrammed it to recognize Coalition forces as hostiles, we could sneak into one of the big bots, plug it in, and hardwire it to override any manual inputs. Then we could take off while it ran amuck, and they have to blow it up themselves. They would figure out what was done eventually, but ideally they'd have no idea who did it. The hard part would be sneaking in and staying hidden long enough to do the wiring. Its a much more complex plan, but might be more disruptive and leave them confused and wary longer. The fact it was a Skelebot head might also make them worry about having a traitor among them, and slow them down for longer.●

●If you want to try it, I'm down, but I think simple sabotage, a slash and dash, is probably our best bet.●


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 7, RATN 6, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d12; 70 ISP

"Yeah, the reprogramming sounds like it would take a long time. But if all we do is destroy the equipment, I'd like to suggest that we visit our forest buddies on the way back to the Castle, and warn them that we couldn't stop the Coalition, only delay it, and they'd better move on as soon as possible."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Were we waiting on Jingu? Or are we ready to move ahead with your new plan?


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 7, RATN 6, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d12; 70 ISP

I was waiting for an OK from him about telling the trees, but we can move on...


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Okay, so I see this is three stages: Getting in quietly, doing the job, then getting back out. When you are ready, roll up the first round. Since you guys will be practically invisible and silent, I’ll give a +4 to your rolls for the first round (the opposite of the -4 they would get if they were trying to observe you.).

Go ahead and roll and narrate how you accomplish the first round.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 7, RATN 6, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d12; 70 ISP

I haven't used the last several Advances. I'm going to take Stealth, making it a d4, and take it again to make it a d6.

Stealth & Wild,+4: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 = Raise

Burgurk walks slowly and steadily towards and thru the compound, keeping his eyes out for anybody or anything that might run into him. He keeps to solid ground to avoid leaving footprints.


Wounds 0 | Bennies 3/3 | Parry: 13; RATN: 10; Tough: 18(8) | Notice: d8, Psionics d12+1 | 30/14 ISP | Active Conditions: Malliferan Bee Man Psi-Warrior

Sorry for my absence; it's been a busy week. I was coaching at a pair of marksmanship events last weekend, and then had to prep my kids to travel to go see their mother. I live in a smaller center, so yesterday was spent driving 4 hours over to the international airport and back home again.

Did we decided on day or night for the attack run? I had been thinking night as the machinery would be more likely to be shut down, whereas during the day it will be in operation. If it is shut down, it is possible to sabotage an equipment piece and move on to the next, where if it is working, they will be aware the instant the first machine goes down. An alternative would be to have Josiah rig up explosives, go around planting them, and set them off simultaneously. None of us have any of the Demolitionist edges though, so a lot would depend on what the GM allows.

Stealth: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 = Raise
Notice: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 = Simple success

Turning invisible, Jingu flies a wide circle around the work site, stopping at various vantage points and cycling his multi-optics visor through its various settings to look for thermal signatures or posted sentries he might otherwise have missed. He sends a mental image of the guards positions to Burgurk and Josiah, who is waiting back at the truck. Once done with that Jingu moves in parallel to Burgurk, close enough to maintain line of sight, but far enough that if one of us were spotted, the other would not be in the line of fire (15-20m?).


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 7, RATN 6, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d12; 70 ISP

I hadn't thought of the daytime disadvantages. But during the day we will be truly invisible, while at night we'd show on their thermal scanners.

How about : we go in during the day, sabotage any unused equipment, and then we use our powers to quickly destroy the active equipment?


Or, if we want to spend a couple of days, Jinju could fly over the work site invisibly several times a day, looking for times when all the equipment is unused (like maybe lunch?).


Savage Rifts RotRwT

With both of you starting off with raises, due to your bonus, the next round should be fairly easy to pull off. Day will make the second round more difficult (-2) since the equipment will not all be in the same place, but night would make it more difficult (-2) to escape in the third and final round. Unless you decide to fight your way out.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 7, RATN 6, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d12; 70 ISP

"Jingu, can you survey the place invisibly during the day, and see how well-armed these guys are?"


Wounds 0 | Bennies 3/3 | Parry: 13; RATN: 10; Tough: 18(8) | Notice: d8, Psionics d12+1 | 30/14 ISP | Active Conditions: Malliferan Bee Man Psi-Warrior

●That should not be a problem. If we expect me to have enough time to rest afterwards, I can use True Invisibility and get a thorough look around.●

Psionics: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Fortunately there is no difference with True Invisibility between simple success and a raise.

Notice: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 91d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Savage Rifts RotRwT

So I take it you guys want to take a couple of days to get down their routines and such? No problem.

Deciding to take the more cautious approach, you decide to use reconnaissance tactics and observe the daily routines of the Coalition logging team. You determine that in all, there are twenty six workers, sixteen troopers, an officer and the crew of the MkIX APC. The patrols change every four hours, and don’t stop when the workers are done. They work twelve hour days. There is an hour break around noon, but the machines are left where they were while working. At 6pm, when work is done, all machines are returned to the main staging area until 6am the next day.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 7, RATN 6, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d12; 70 ISP

"So, Jingu, you're the smart one - knowing what we do, what do you think is the best plan of action?"


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 7, RATN 6, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d12; 70 ISP

Jingu?


Savage Rifts RotRwT

I have seen Rigor around the boards, so I am not sure what happened here. I’ll send a PM and see what’s up.

3,601 to 3,647 of 3,647 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.