Ruins of Empire

Game Master EltonJ

Game of Thrones via Pathfinder. This is a birthright campaign using the 1st edition Pathfinder ruleset.
map of Anuire
Player's Domain Tracking Map


201 to 250 of 1,083 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The Golden Plumes round up the poachers, removing their weapons, binding their hands, and then attaching them together in a line for the march ahead. When the power of the spell fades, the criminals find themselves prisoners of Ilien.

"Thank you," Rogr addresses Lady Barad and her able men.

Then, he turns to the criminals. "Is there a leader among you? And will any of you confess your crimes and ask for leniency?"

Sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Is any one of them the evident leader? And do any of them seem particularly eager to confess?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

One of them is the leader, he's wearing a red jacket to signify so. The others are wearing green jackets. Two of them wish to confess.

"We came for the Unicorn," one says. "But the spiders kept getting into our quest for the beast."

"Yes, what he said," said the other in Anuirean. Although it has a Brecht accent. "We wanted to hunt the Unicorn and bring it to Brechtur for our girlfriends."


Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Are they speaking the truth? Under the circumstances, do they seem sincere?

"You are from Brechtur? How did you come to know about the unicorn?"


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

You're sense motive reveals that they are lying. They aren't speaking the truth.

"We know it only by legend," says another Brecht. "We figure we could prove it exists by capturing it and bringing it to Brechtur."


Knowledge, Nobility: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 Is there a noble from Brechtur who is most likely to have sent these poachers?

"There is no reason to lie to me," he assures the confessors. "You are far from home and whoever sent you here will be hard-pressed to come to your aid. If you tell me the truth, I could be convinced to be lenient and let you live. But if you continue to withhold the truth..."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Rogr Aglondier of Ilien wrote:
[dice=Knowledge, Nobility]1d20+9 Is there a noble from Brechtur who is most likely to have sent these poachers?

Yes. The Baron Von Stupe.

Quote:


"There is no reason to lie to me," he assures the confessors. "You are far from home and whoever sent you here will be hard-pressed to come to your aid. If you tell me the truth, I could be convinced to be lenient and let you live. But if you continue to withhold the truth..."

[dice=Diplomacy]1d20+7
[dice=Sense Motive]1d20+6

The third one is telling the truth, the others do lie to you. "We were sent by the Baron to please his mistress with the Unicorn horn," the third one said in accented Anuirean. "Oh Sera, entschuldige unsere Verbrechen." He says the last in Brecht.


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

"Sie wollen Vergebung? Haben Sie Keine Schande GeFühlen? SIE SOLLEN UM IHRE LEBEN BETTELN." Contempt drips from her every word.

To Rogr."I would put them down if I were you. Send back one with the heads of the others as a lesson to their Baron. But, I would never tell you how to run your own affairs."


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

There is suddenly fear in the eyes of the poachers, after what Adriana had to say.


Aglondier turns to the three who have yet to speak. "What about you? Do you have nothing to say? Nothing to add, which could convince me to spare you? You were sent here by the baron to hunt the unicorn? That is all? How did you know about the unicorn in the first place? You surely did not come this far by chance?"

"Speak now or forever hold your peace," he warns.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

One of the cowardly three finally spoke up, saying: "We heard of the Unicorn by a passing Anuirean," he explains in heavily accented Anuirean. "'There is a Unicorn in the Errebannen,' he said. 'A prize for any hunter to find. I can give you the whereabouts as to where it is for a price, Baron.'

"'Yes, a fine beast for my menagerie,' said the Baron. 'And for my wife, the baroness. I'll send six of my hunters to find it and bring it back here.'

"We are those hunters, the best hunters of Baron Von Stupe. We are from the Rhormarch. Rhormarch is in the rife of a civil war to figure out who will be the ultimate Regent. The Baron is neutral, but he can enter the conflict with a fairy creature to ride upon. We ask for leniency, oh mighty Count."

He's telling the truth, according to your sense motive. But is scared by your intimidation.


"Describe this Anuirean to me," Aglondier insists, now intent on discovering the truth behind all of this...


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

"The Anuirean was black haired and full bearded," the Brect continues. "He had one eye and said he was from Roesone. He told us of the Unicorn that ultimately led him to lose his left eye. He was strong and fit, and rode a horse most expertly. He said his last name was Daverone."


Knowledge, Nobility: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 Do the description and/or the name ring a bell?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

You are reminded of Daverone being the former Regent of Roesone's Warden. The one ranger tasked by Marlae Roesone to help take care of her chunk of the Errebannen.


Aglondier looks to Lady Barrad with a raised eyebrow...

"Take them away. I will decide their fate in due time," he commands the Golden Plumes. No need for these poachers to hear our discussion.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

The Golden Plumes obey, and they take away the men, clearing the scene. This leaves you with the Lady Barad.


"I believe that Daverone is one of your compatriots?" Aglondier asks Lady Barad, curious to hear her thoughts on the matter...


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

"Not mine dear friend. He belonged to Lady Roesone."


It seems that I dropped the ball! Apologies!

"Then it seems that someone is meddling in your affairs, and in mine," Aglondier comments before commanding his men to prepare for the journey back to the capital with the prisoners.

"I am in your debt," he continues. "So I leave it to you to decide: what shall we do about this baron who chose to send men into my lands? And what about this Daverone?"


"The Rhormarch is far from here," Aglondier ponders as they travel. "Could this be a ploy by Daverone and his allies to weaken my power in the Erebannien, or to distract Ilien from the affairs in Roesone? Or perhaps this has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with the power struggle in Roesone? Perhaps Daverone wants the unicorn horn for himself?"

"Or is the unicorn a mere rumour invented to draw these men into my lands?"

So many questions and so few answers...


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

IT starts to get dark, as the sun is hanging low. You spent your morning hunting spiders, and you've spent the afternoon hunting hunters. You can make it back to Ilien after dark, if you could retrace your steps.


1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 = 26

Knowing the direction of true North with unerring exactitude, Aglondier assists his guide on their way back to the capital...


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

I do hope that it is your power struggle dragging me in and not the other way. I do not like the idea of someone planning ahead of my visit for this eventuality."


"Even if all of this has everything to do with your power struggle in Roesone, it does not necessarily mean that it was planned with your visit in mind," Aglondier comments. "But one way or another, we are both concerned at this point by this affair. And I can think of only one man who can answer our questions: Daverone."

"He was once Warden of the Errebannen in Roesone. Perhaps he could be drawn out if you offered him to reclaim the title?"


EltonJ on July 3rd wrote:
Our new father hasn't quipped up about his domain turns yet.

Reading through the old posts in preparation of what could come next... Am I to understand that you do not consider the events at the ball as Aglondier's first Domain action? Or should it be deemed a Domain action given that he invested himself in resolving the issue with his loyal subject seeking to marry above her station?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Well, right now I deem the Ball as a diplomacy domain action. And the trip to the Errebannen as an Adventure action. Both of you can split about 1,200 experience up amongst yourselves. Plus experience for slaying the giant spiders.


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

"Perhaps. Though there may be other ways I can deal with this issue."


"I leave it to you then, and will provide assistance if and when you should require it," Aglondier nods, curious to know her plans but too polite to inquire further.

Assuming we make it back to Ilien, I believe then that we have another Domain Action to perform, along with court actions?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Yes, I believe you have another domain action to perform. Along with your court actions. Then I start performing NPC domain actions. I wish there were more people playing, hehe.


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

Paizo has been eating posts again.

Lady Adriana will Full action Rule Holding the guild holding in Abbuator.
Court action build increasing the palace.

admin rule: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
1d4 ⇒ 3 3 bars towards the build.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Alright, you have a stronger guild in Abbuator. You also increased your palace rating.

Now it's time to do domain maintenance. This is part of the domain turn.


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

Thought a domain turn was three domain rounds each a month long...I could be wrong.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Lady Adriana Barad wrote:
Thought a domain turn was three domain rounds each a month long...I could be wrong.

I'll check.

1. Roll Random Events
2. Determine Domain Initiative
3. Collect Regency Points
4. Taxation, Collection, and Trade
5. Pay Maintenance Costs
6. Declare Free Actions
7. First Action Round
A. Domain Actions
*B. War Moves
*C. Fight Battles
*D. Occupation or Retreat
8. Second Action Round (repeat A-D)
9. Third Action Round (repeat A-D)
10. Adjust Loyalty and Regency

I roll random events first, then we determine initiative. I was wrong.

So, Random Events

For Roesone.

2d10 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Okay, a Natural Event.

1d6 ⇒ 1

A "1" means a natural disaster strikes your realm. Bellam suffers a devastating fire.


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

Ok, just going make sure I have this correct. Last Domain Turn, we did 1-7 and now we are back to 1 instead of doing 8-10. Or, did the planning count as round 1, the adventure round 2, and the return round 3?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Oops forgot about 8-10.

Those are for moving domain actions. Such as casting a realm spell.

Again you are right and I jumped the shark.


Domain action: Diplomacy:

Upon returning to the capital, Aglondier turns his attention once more to the affairs of state. Eager to ensure some semblance of peace for years to come, he reaches out to his neighbours in Aerenwe. His objective is clear and precise: convince Aerenwe to sign the Pact of Ilien, as have the other nation in the region...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 5 + 4 = 21


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Each Court Level adds a +1 to the Diplomacy check. Also, he can call on the blood history of his ancestors for guidance, meaning he gets a +4 to the check.


Edited above.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

The Queen of Aerenwe does a sense motive to your diplomacy action.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Does that mean that Aerenwe has signed the Pact of Ilien?!


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Rogr Aglondier of Ilien wrote:
Does that mean that Aerenwe has signed the Pact of Ilien?!

It means that the Queen likes the idea. And she's considering it. But she's inviting you over for a game to see if you actually like peace.


A game? How intriguing!

Aglondier welcomes the opportunity to meet the Queen of Aerenwe and embarks promptly on his fastest ship to make his quick way to Calrie.

Survival at sea: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Medoere wants to do a diplomacy action with Roesone.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Rogr is on his way to Aerenwe. Ghoere is sitting tight with his failed invasion of Roesone. The Spider is also sitting tight, although people don't know what the awnshegh will do next.


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

Lady Adriana will Full action Rule Holding the guild holding in Abbuator.
Court action build increasing the palace.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
1d4 ⇒ 2 of course I am one short...


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Alright, now we do loyalty ratings. On the next domain turn, Ghoere is finally going to do something.


When do we specify court actions, if ever?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Rogr Aglondier of Ilien wrote:
When do we specify court actions, if ever?

During domain actions. I know it's not clear, but court actions are described during the domain action. Since we adjust loyalty and regency at the end of the domain turn. So we house rule that court actions take place during your domain action. Sounds good?


Ok. So with a Court Level of 5, Aglondier can make 5 "Free" Court Actions? Is that right? This will get easier once we've figured out the dynamics of the first round!


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

I can go with that, for a while. If it gets heavy for a bureaucratic reason, we'll have to reduce it. But it seems reasonable now and we'll work with it.


Actually, looking at the Birthright wiki, it seems to be 2 Court Actions per domain round. So here goes retroactively, if you allow it:

Court Actions, Domain Round 1:

Decree (1 GB): Seek constable for Common Ward in Ilien.
Build (1d4 GB): Begin construction on a new fortified wall to allow for the expansion of the Common ward.
build: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Court Actions, Domain Round 2:

Decree (1 GB): All trade in weapons must take place in the Market Ward and be overseen by Roannea Urdaen.
Build (1d4 GB): Continue construction.
build: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Court Actions, Domain Round 3:

Build (1d4 GB): Continue construction.
build: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Build (1d4 GB): Continue construction.
build: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Question: given that Aglondier is only expanding the wall – and not building an entirely new fortification – what do you estimate the cost of construction to be? Presently, he has invested 8 GB into the project.

Total cost: 10 GB

201 to 250 of 1,083 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ruins of Empire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.