Ruins of Empire

Game Master EltonJ

Game of Thrones via Pathfinder. This is a birthright campaign using the 1st edition Pathfinder ruleset.
map of Anuire
Player's Domain Tracking Map


301 to 350 of 1,097 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

I would be headed over next round, so a month later.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Alright, shall we begin in Suris Enlien's court then?


I’ll post a replacement second domain action and we can meet in the third phase of the second round! Tomorrow... probably... :)


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

I am fine with starting the court meeting.


Second domain action: Rule province DC 17 (GB 8)
administration: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Ready to begin the meeting!


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

The court of Suris Enlien looked very religious. Most everyone were priests of the Moon god, Ruornil. The realm was barely a creation from Diemed. The Silver Prince had invested the land with his blessing. The court was some place that Rogr would feel at home, although the main library of the Nine Spells were some where else, there were three bookcases full of volumes about magic.

Suris Enlien herself sat on a throne made of silver. She wore silver robes and carried a symbol of Ruornil as a necklace. "Welcome to the Silver Palace, honored guests," she began. "The Sacred Voice of Ruornil welcomes you to his palace."


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

Lady Adriana enters the throne room with a slowly moving procession of gentry. They move as a mass of sparrow do in flight, not truly paying attention to their destination but instead watching the person in front of them to make sure the mass moves as one shifting group. It is not even certain that they are aware of the behavior themselves as they go about the march to the throne.

Lady Adriana stops at the throne, unbowed and smiling as the rest of her retinue make their bows to the Archpriestess. A few are even adherents of the faith, though their numbers are a small fraction of those in attendance.

"I thank you for the warm welcome, I bring the regard of my people to you and yours."


The Count of Ilien enters the room with less pomp and circumstance and greets the Archpriestess with reverence. He bows to show respect but in a manner that reflects his equal standing. "We thank you for your hospitality, your reverence."


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

"No, I thank you for arriving," she says. "I am the sacred voice of Ruornil, the God of Magic. As you know, Medoere was formed just a few years before. Now Diemed wants it's territory back. Something Illien and Roesone should be concerned about."


"That is nothing new," the count sighs. "Roesone faces the same threat. And, indeed, Ilien would not last long without the alliance between our nations."

"But a war against Diemed would ruin us all," he continues before pausing for a moment to think. "We must continue to keep the peace against all the odds... Perhaps this conversation should be continued in private?"


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

"OF course," she says. "Follow me." She gets up from her throne and leads you to a private room. It takes ten minutes to get there.

"So, what do you have to discuss?" she asks.


"We cannot go to war with Diemed," Aglondier gets to the point when they are settled in the private chamber. "We must distract the baron, turn his attention away from your fair nation... I can think of two ways to do this: occupy Diemed's troops in other realms or feed the tension between Diemed's regents. Each would require powerful spells cast at great cost."

"What can you tell us of the baron's affairs? His relationship with Avanil? With Guilder Kalien? What of his war plans and the threat of the Spiderfell?"

Long story short, I am trying to figure out how much we know about Diemed. Can we use some or all of the information contained in the Seneschal's report?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

The report was written for the new Baron of Diemed. You can use some of it's information. You are not privy to internal affairs unless you cast a scrying realm spell or send spies. You know how strong the army is and the well known connection to Avanil. Heirl Diem was frenemies with Darian Avan.


So we know about the relationship with Avanil...

Do we – or does our hostess – know about:
1) the threat from the Spiderfell?
2) Kalien of Endier's relationship with Diemed?
3) the plans of the Diemed navy?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

I'm trying to get a new player to join up as Endier's regent. So he can answer those himself. The threat from the Spiderfell is on everyone's minds lately. I'm planning on having the Spider stir again.


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

Sounds good. A few more players would be helpful to have.


And if this is the case, perhaps we'll avoid turning Diemed against Endier!


With a shimmer of light, the form of Suris Enlien's body dissolves and a new form stands before you. The characteristics are surprisingly similar, with the small exception of the figure before you is male.

"Oh sorry, was busy and needed my prelates to stand in to greet you. Now that I am here, in the flesh, we can get on with the meeting. I have no incentive to send my troops into a war with Diemed. I will keep my borders protected, but as to open warfare, I feel that this would be our last step."


Aglondier bows to acknowledge the Archprelate, smiling pleasantly. "Indeed, we should all avoid open warfare if possible. And your plans are reasonable. But what of Diemed's plans? If their intention is to invade your fair nation, then you may have no other options than to fight. This is why I believe that we must turn Diemed's attention away from Medoere... Test their peace with Avanil? Manipulate them into attacking the Spiderfell? Better yet, convince them somehow to rid the Straits of Aerele of the pirates, which are threatening all of our trade routes?"


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

Well, not all of our routes, but I would agree a direct conflict would be costly."


"I would love to expand Ruornil's church into Diemed. As a wizard, you should understand the need to spread our enlightenment throughout the south."

The Archprelate keeps a steady eye on the ruler of Ilien as he speaks.

I am sorry, but what realm do you rule Adriana?? I could not see it on your character sheet anywhere


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

Added it to the occupation. Regent of Reosone.


Awesome...thanks!!

The Archprelate then turns to Reosone's ruler with a smile.

"I would also not mind furthering the Celestial Spell's growth within your lands, my dear Baron. I do understand your personal connection with the Imperial Heart of Haelyn, but a few small chapels dedicated to Ruornil would go a long way to uniting our two realms."


"I am not sure expanding into Diemed would help keep the peace," Aglondier warns, considering the Archprelate's ambitions. But, indeed, I understand your desire to share the wisdom of your faith."

"Perhaps if you share with us the specifics of your plans, we can be of some assistance?"


"No plan really, just try to build up your strength so as not to look like an easy candidate for conquest. By expanding into Diemed I take some of the Baron's power out of his hands, or the hands of his lackeys. At the same time, I bolster my own strength to make myself less of a target. So that is why I wish to also expand my holdings within your realms, and I am willing to allow you to do the same within mine."

The Archprelate sits and gestures the others to do likewise.


The count raises an eyebrow and sits.

"All the more reason to keep Diemed distracted," Aglondier comments. "But if you do not require our assistance to deal with Diemed, perhaps I can ask for your help in riding the straights of these lawless pirates that have been attacking trade ships along the coast?"


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

"I would be worried that such open attempts upon your rival's lands might create issues and might force their hands. But, I am not well versed in matters of the spirit."


"Well starting in my own realm would be the first move. I am sorry to say that in one of my provinces I have very little control. I will spend some time getting my own house in order before I branch out too far into someone else's lands. That being said, my lord Count, might I ask permission, here and now, to open a chapter of Ruornil's Celestial Spell within your domain? Having the Orthodox Imperial Temple controlling all religion within your realm seems dangerous, as they are hand in glove with Diemed's ruler. Perhaps allowing me in to add a counterbalance to the OIT's dogma will help distance you from Diemed's future plans??"

He waves to a servant and orders wine for himself and his guests.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

The servant comes to serve the best wine for the regents. She carefully pours the wine into three glasses and passes them to the regents. The wine is clear, with ruby red highlights.


"It is the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn – not the Orthodox Imperial Temple – that holds sway in Ilien," Aglondier politely corrects the Archprelate. "And that power is balanced by the presence of the Eastern Temple of Nesirie, to which my own daughter belongs."

"But I am not entirely against your proposition," the count continues with a smile. "I cannot, of course, grant you such rights here and now, but if our friendship proves mutually beneficial in the weeks and months to come, I will assuredly consider the merit of your request with great attention."


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

"I believe you already have a small temple within my capital. Though of course you may expand upon those holdings as you see fit."


"To the matters at hand?" the count suggests with a pleasant smile. "The threat of Diemed... The threat of Ghoere... And we have seen spiders as far the Erebannien forest. Perhaps it is time for all to turn their attention to the Spiderfell?"

"Or shall we sink the pirates that are ruining trade in the Straits of Aerele?"

"In any case, I believe that if our alliance is to be strong, we should consider acting as one."


So...?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Not my turn yet, this is on everyone else.


"Agreed. Together we present a greater defence than apart. As to the pirates, my kingdom does not have much of a navy, as most of our threats are land-based. We could supply some money to help you purchase mercenaries, but I need to gather my realm into my control first."

Not too sure what we are to be doing?? Should I be making my realm actions??


"We must all both contend with outside threats and ensure the peace and prosperity of our lands," Aglondier agrees. "But your financial assistance would be greatly appreciated. And your presence at my side would certainly be invaluable and help demonstrate, before all, the goodwill between our people."

"If you wish to establish your faith in my lands, you will need to win the hearts of the people," he counsels.

"Would you consider participating in an expedition to the Tamle Island?" he asks bluntly, turning to Lady Adriana as well.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
ArchPrelate Dalan Enlien wrote:

"Agreed. Together we present a greater defence than apart. As to the pirates, my kingdom does not have much of a navy, as most of our threats are land-based. We could supply some money to help you purchase mercenaries, but I need to gather my realm into my control first."

Not too sure what we are to be doing?? Should I be making my realm actions??

Yes, this is a realm action right now. You're first. You get three realm actions per domain turn.


Are Realm actions the same as Domain actions? If so, I believe that Aglondier has only one left this turn, which is why I am proposing a character action...


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Rogr Aglondier of Ilien wrote:
Are Realm actions the same as Domain actions? If so, I believe that Aglondier has only one left this turn, which is why I am proposing a character action...

Right now, I'm using them interchangeably. So that Daniel can understand what to do. I'm having the spider do something next domain turn, so everyone get ready.


So should Aglondier (and Lady Barad?) go ahead with his last domain action if we're not planning for a joint character action (adventure)?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Rogr Aglondier of Ilien wrote:
So should Aglondier (and Lady Barad?) go ahead with his last domain action if we're not planning for a joint character action (adventure)?

That is your choice. Then we can all start fresh with new domain actions next turn, and help Daniel get a hold on what we are doing.


Alright!

As a reminder, here is Aglondier's previously posted Second domain action and court actions:

Spoiler:

Second domain action: Rule province DC 17 (GB 8)
administration: 1d20 ⇒ 17
--------------------------------------------
Court action: meet with El-Hadid
--------------------------------------------
Court action: recruit fleet admiral. (1GB)

Here is Aglondier's Third domain action and court actions:

Third Domain Action: Research (to be discussed)
--------------------------------------------
Court action: Build tennis courts in Ilien!
Domain check DC 0: 1d20 ⇒ 4
GB cost: 1d4 ⇒ 2
How much do tennis courts cost? I assume it is relatively little!
--------------------------------------------
Court action: Gather information to find the location of El-Hadid’s stockpile of weapons (1GB)
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Rogr Aglondier of Ilien wrote:

Alright!

As a reminder, here is Aglondier's previously posted Second domain action and court actions:
** spoiler omitted **

Here is Aglondier's Third domain action and court actions:

Third Domain Action: Research (to be discussed)

Researching a new spell?

Quote:


--------------------------------------------
Court action: Build tennis courts in Ilien!
[dice=Domain check DC 0]1d20
[dice=GB cost]1d4
How much do tennis courts cost? I assume it is relatively little!

Yes, very little, only one GB to build twenty of them.

Quote:


--------------------------------------------
Court action: Gather information to find the location of El-Hadid’s stockpile of weapons (1GB)
[dice=Diplomacy]1d20+7

I wish gather information was still a skill in Pathfinder. anyhow, you get closer to El-Hadid's stockpile of weapons.


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

My actions still stand. Do we now move to the next round?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

We can move on. ArchPrelate Dalan Enlien, is there anything you'd like to do before we move on?


EltonJ wrote:
Researching a new spell?

Yup. Just have to figure out what spell! To be discussed...


Ok, here is the start of my Domain turns...made a little chart to help me track everything...

Medoere's Domain Turns:

1. Random Event: 1d100 ⇒ 77
2. Domain Initiative: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
3. Collect Regency Points: 23
4. Tax/Tithe/Trade:
Tax (Moderate)
 Alamier 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
 Braeme 1d4 ⇒ 4
 Caerwil 1d3 ⇒ 3
Church Tithe
 Alamier 1d6 ⇒ 3
 Braeme 1d4 ⇒ 4
 Caerwil 1d3 ⇒ 3
 Caercas 1d2 ⇒ 1
Total: 20

Trade
 Alamier
 Braeme
 Caerwil

5. Maintenance Cost:
• Domain: 4GB
• Castles:
• Army:
• Court:

6. Free Actions:
7. First Action Round
a. Domain Action:
b. War Moves:
c. Fight Battles:
d. Occupation/Retreat:
8. First Action Round[/b]
e. Domain Action:
f. War Moves:
g. Fight Battles:
h. Occupation/Retreat:
9. First Action Round[/b]
i. Domain Action:
j. War Moves:
k. Fight Battles:
l. Occupation/Retreat:
10. Adjust Loyalty/Treasury/Regency:
 Loyalty:
 Treasury:
 Regency:


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

it works. now what are your domain turns again?


Quick questions about the starting status of Medoere. I can find nowhere starting treasury, RP or cost for anything (or for that matter any information on the military). Most of the info I can find is more in a story mode than actual numbers (tells about troops stationed at places, but not what and forts but no idea of levels!?) I have the player's secrets to Medoere, but most of the information is more descriptive than numbers and stats. I can try to convert this into stats if you want, or do you maybe have a master sheet with all this detail. Thanks


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
ArchPrelate Dalan Enlien wrote:
Quick questions about the starting status of Medoere. I can find nowhere starting treasury, RP or cost for anything (or for that matter any information on the military). Most of the info I can find is more in a story mode than actual numbers (tells about troops stationed at places, but not what and forts but no idea of levels!?) I have the player's secrets to Medoere, but most of the information is more descriptive than numbers and stats. I can try to convert this into stats if you want, or do you maybe have a master sheet with all this detail. Thanks

This link should help you. It's on Birthright.net. I wrote most of that article, taking inspiration from the Player's Secrets book.

301 to 350 of 1,097 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ruins of Empire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.