Ruins of Empire

Game Master EltonJ

Game of Thrones via Pathfinder. This is a birthright campaign using the 1st edition Pathfinder ruleset.
map of Anuire
Player's Domain Tracking Map


151 to 200 of 1,099 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Your unit occupies the same space as your characters.


"Move and hold the line!" Aglondier commands.

While Lady Adriana Barad's men engage the nearest spider, the Golden Plumes move forward to guard her flank and engage the other spiders, concentrating their volley on a single beast...

spearmen ranged attack (longbow): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 161d8 ⇒ 2
spearmen ranged attack (longbow): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 171d8 ⇒ 4
spearmen ranged attack (longbow): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 161d8 ⇒ 2
spearmen ranged attack (longbow): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 111d8 ⇒ 6
spearmen ranged attack (longbow): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d8 ⇒ 3
guide ranged attack (longbow): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d8 ⇒ 4

In the meantime, Aglondier incants a spell and waves his hand, firing a small orb of acid at the third spider in order to draw it into attacking the shield wall.

Aglondier ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d3 ⇒ 3

The shieldmen ready their swords...

I can't move Aglondier's token, but the goal is for him to move forward to protect Lady Barad's flank without putting himself in a vulnerable position.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

You're not supposed to move his token. I used Photoshop to put that together. :) So he moves his Golden Plumes to protect Lady Barad's flank, alright.

Four of the range attacks has hit their mark. Killing one of the spiders.

These aren't ordinary giant spiders, however. One of them goes in to steal another of Lady Barad's men.

spider grapple attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Does the spider that goes in to steal another of Laday Barad's men come into melee range of the Golden Plume Shieldmen? If so...

Shieldman readied melee attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Shieldman readied melee attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Shieldman readied melee attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Shieldman readied melee attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Shieldman readied melee attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

Ok, so down one man.

5d20 ⇒ (5, 12, 3, 20, 7) = 47

A 16 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2) + 3 = 6 and a

1d20 ⇒ 12 16 on the one attempting to confirm. 4d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 6, 5, 2) + 6 = 24 14 if not a confirmation.

The six crossbowmen turn and rank fire upon the far spider.

6d20 ⇒ (1, 17, 9, 20, 4, 13) = 64

An 18 1d10 ⇒ 5 a 141d10 ⇒ 4

And a 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 to confirm 2d10 ⇒ (4, 9) = 13

Adjust for range.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Lady Barad just killed the far spider. Rogr killed the spider that got Lady Barad's man. There's one spider left, and he's got cover.


Aglondier and all the Golden Plumes have acted this round... New round?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Yes, the last spider is disengaging and is hiding in the forest, however. You're going to have to fish him out.


"Be ready," he commands his men and suggests to his allies. The Golden Plumes draw their bows.

Seeing the last of the spiders fleeing into the forest and reluctant to place his men further into harm's way, Aglondier finds a scroll in a sturdy case and incants a spell. When the words fade, a soldier appears within the ranks of the men of Ilien. The illusory soldier makes his way deeper into the woods as Aglondier concentrates, hoping that the figment will suffice to draw the spider from hiding...

Cast Silent Image


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

The ruse worked, and the spider comes out of hiding to attack the silent image. The attack was perfect, except when the spider got ahold of him, it disappears.


Ready to strike, the Golden Plumes fire a volley of arrows...

ranged attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 191d8 ⇒ 5
ranged attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 161d8 ⇒ 4
ranged attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 171d8 ⇒ 4
ranged attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d8 ⇒ 6
ranged attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 161d8 ⇒ 4
ranged attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 201d8 ⇒ 8


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

I'm not going to have my men roll an attack as they didn't have a readied action. Though, Lady Barad will be making a mental note about this tactic.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

The spider was all killed by the Golden Plumes. Alright that's 6 giant spiders in the Errebannen that were killed, for a total of 2,400 xp. You each get 1,200 XP for defeating the spiders.


"Ilien will call you heroes!" Aglondier congratulates his men.

"And let us always remember this day, when two nations joined hands to defeat the evils that threatened the Erebannien!" he continues, turning to Lady Barad and her brave warriors.

Can any of the venom or webbing be gathered for future use?
Knowledge, Nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Are we anywhere near the location where the unicorn and hunters were sighted?
Knowledge, Geography - Aglondier: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Knowledge, Geography - Golden Plume Guide: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

hunters yes, unicorn, no. It's not anywhere near the spiders' lair. So you spot hunters not the Unicorn. And yes, you can gather webbing for future use and also the venom.


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

Is the man who was taken down dead or just injured?


While carefully gathering venom and webbing, Aglondier addresses Lady Barad: "I have heard rumours of a legendary unicorn in the Erebannien. Such a wonderous creature has an extraordinary bond to nature and must be safeguarded. Hunters have been pursuing the creature for obvious reasons, and some were spotted nearby. How do you feel about bringing poachers to justice?"


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Lady Adriana Barad wrote:
Is the man who was taken down dead or just injured?

Just injured, thank goodness.


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

Good, we have a few more cures available between Lady Barad and her adepts.

"It is your land, but I will happily join with you in dispensing low justice upon those you deem deserving of it."


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

That will be good.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Rogr, the stage is yours.


When all the venom and webbing has been gathered and stored and when the soldiers are rested and ready to move, Aglondier looks to his guide to lead the way to where the poachers were last seen and to find signs of their passage.

Golden Plume Guide Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Seeing his guide hesitate, Aglondier calls upon the knowledge and wisdom of his ancestors to guide their way through the woods...

Bloodline History - Survival: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 24

The Blood History ability calls for a Bloodline check, but I can’t find anything about such checks and how to roll them!


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

That's just something I have to work on.

Some scions are blessed (or cursed) with the memories of their ancestors. With concentration, they can call upon the memories of all direct ancestors. A character gains these memories at the time of his birth; therefore, the character will have none of his parent's memories of events later than the character's birth. A sibling born two years later,
however, would gain two years of memories that the older sibling would not have. Likewise, the character would gain his grandfather's memories up to the time of the character's father's birth; from that point on, the character would gain the memories of his father, not the memories of his grandfather.

Places, people, and information long forgotten elsewhere may be available to the scion as the DM allows.

Looks like I'll have to make a ruling on Blood History. Right now, you remember the Aglondiers chasing the unicorn in the past and know where they camped. Perhaps the camp site is still there and the hunters are using it.


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

Waits patiently on the side.


Aglondier leads the way forward, along with his guide and the Golden Plumes...


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Lady Adriana Barad follows closely with her retinue.


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

Well, that is a very useful ability.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Lady Adriana Barad wrote:
Well, that is a very useful ability.

Anyhow, it takes a while before you reach the campsite. The campsite looks like its been used. While the Unicorn is no where in sight, the hunters have been here.


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

It is Rogr's show right now. Lady Adriana is waiting to see what he does since this is his realm.


The Golden Plume guide searches for recent tracks while the others keep an eye out for danger...

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

The Golden Plume guide does find some recent tracks. They lead deeper into the Erebannen. Looks like the hunters have moved on and left fresh tracks.


"We've come this far," Aglondier contends before commanding his guide to lead the way deeper into the forest. "These hunters cannot be allowed to continue in these hallowed woods. The unicorn is a sacred creature and it must be safeguarded."

His tone bespeaks a deep love for the forest and its secrets.

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

With that roll you should be playing a ranger.

With that you are on the trail of the poachers. Finding them should be easy. Even if you have to cross the Spider river to do it.


The hunt continues... Should I be rolling another Survival check? Or are we on our way?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Let your guide roll another survival check.


Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 Ranger indeed!


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Rogr Aglondier of Ilien wrote:
[dice=Survival]1d20+8 Ranger indeed!

With that, you're on the trail and on your way.


Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

I'm just going to keep rolling!


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

In a few hours, you find a campfire with the hunters standing around it and talking in Brecht.


Female Human Bard(Negotiator) 2

"Seems we have finally found your quarry."

Lady Ariana quickly casts Clarion call as they gain sight of the hunters.

"I would suggest you do not run now little poachers, you would not look good as porcupines."

And with that, I am out of non-cantrips.


Rogr raises high the Staff of the Aglondiers and calls upon its ancient magic.

Cast Hypnotism DC 15
Hypnotism duration: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
Hypnotism HD: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

Motioning to his men to stand in formation, he addresses the poachers in Brecht: "Drop your weapons and submit yourself to justice, and you shall be judged fairly and justly."


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

The hunters look at you, and said, "We've been had." And with that they pick up what they can carry and run.


Are some of them fascinated by the Hypnotism spell?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Some of them are fascinated by your hypnotism spell.


Is this going to be a cinematic scene? If so, I propose to hunt them all down. Those who lay down their arms and come willingly will be judged with clemency. Those who run but ultimately do not fight back will serve as examples for others who would poach in these sacred woods. Those who dare raise their weapons against the Golden Plumes will be killed promptly.

If this is not planned as a cinematic scene, can we get an idea of the number of poachers and the layout? No need for a map, but a description might help us to decide how to organize our troops!


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

I'll do a map. I know you said there's no need, but a map may be essential right now.

Edit: Map done now. And yes, its cinematic.


Great! How many are fascinated? Which ones?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Rogr Aglondier of Ilien wrote:
Great! How many are fascinated? Which ones?

The three closest to you.


Seeing some of the poachers fascinated by the power of the Staff of the Aglondiers and hoping to avoid bloodshed entirely, Rogr calls upon the power of his ancestors once more...

Cast Hypnotism DC 15
Hypnotism HD: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8
Hypnotism duration: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

"Carefully," he warns the Golden Plumes as they move forward to wrangle the fascinated poachers.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

All of the poachers are fascinated by the Staff. They are at your mercy.

151 to 200 of 1,099 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ruins of Empire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.