Revival of the Runelords

Game Master Cellion

(RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (RotRL Loot Log)

INIT template:
[dice=Kargas]d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Flo]d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Rig]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Colvyn]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Kellek]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Guiness]d20+1[/dice]


3,851 to 3,900 of 3,959 << first < prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | next > last >>

BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 12/12 l 49/49hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +8 CMD20 l Atk +11 Dmg 2d4+9
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager4 l 37/37hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +8 CMD20 l Perc +7 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd40ft l Intimidate +11; Feint DC12

"It was brave of you to go after the ghouls yourself. I'm sorry your companions were lost," Kargas' tone and posture are somber and earnest. "You said there were many--if you had to put a number on them how many would you say there were?"


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 3 / Trapper 1 | hp 28/28 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +9 (+3 vs traps) D.D +11 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition: Diseased
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/4, Fervor 1d6 3/3 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith

Still looking over the crops. "Don't know if it is the Hambley farm over there, but there is one over to the south west. From there, we might be able to see more. Also, there seems to be no post around the house." Colvyn climbs down from the post. He looks at the farmer. "Now the question is what to do with him. I don't see any safe path ahead."


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

The elderly farmer looks openly hopeful. "You mean you're going to go put down all those ghouls? If you see-" He cuts himself off "-no, if you see any people I know there, best you don't say anything. I'll just pray that they were killed and not turned into more of those ghouls. That's the only mercy they might've gotten..."

He swallows his emotion, blinks back more tears, and adds "I-I'm not too sure where we are right now - but Hambley farm was the one farthest west." Once Colvyn describes the farmhouse he spotted from atop the post, the farmer adds "That's the one. Awful close by, it sounds like."

Farmer's Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

"I think I've got my bearings. If you don't think there's any more north of 'ere, I'll keep my head down and head that way. Try to get to Sandpoint myself and raise the alarm."

At Kargas' question, the farmer adds "It was night and I didn't get a good look. But it had to be... two dozen, at least. In my memory, it felt like a whole army, but I figure at least two dozen."


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +12, Sense Motive +11; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 3/3 | Bit of Luck: 7/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4+0/4+1 2nd 3+1/3+1 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Bless 35/50

Flo scowls hard at the floor when the farmer gives a number. That's... a lot of ghouls... "Sandpoint is the safest place, although the journey is risky. I leave it to your judgement. May Desna protect your travels," she says in brief prayer over the old man. "Sheriff Hemlock knows generally of the plight of the farms, but no specifics. I'm sure he would appreciate more specifics and that we are doing well. If he asks, more guards would likely be a liability, but keeping travelers and locals from entering the area before we return would be wise, I would think."

"Two dozen is simply too many ghouls. We will have to be as careful as we can if we are to put this threat down. Anything we can do to tip things in our favor before rushing the Hambley farm?" she asks her friends.


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 12/12 l 49/49hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +8 CMD20 l Atk +11 Dmg 2d4+9
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager4 l 37/37hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +8 CMD20 l Perc +7 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd40ft l Intimidate +11; Feint DC12

"Two dozen, damn." Kargas's jaw sets in a grim line. "What's your name, friend?" The hald-orc reaches down to help the farmer to his feet. "Is there a gathering point for the folk who haven't been disappeared yet? We should get you lot into town, there's safety in numbers."

Kargas glances at the sun, trying to estimate time. "Can ghouls operate in the daylight? If we can catch them bunched up in a barn or something, burn it down, we might stand a chance. But out here in the fields? Two dozen ghouls will run us down and tear us apart."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 52 (52/52) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 19 | | Melee +9 Warhammer+1: 1d8+6+1 Fire, +8 Helmet 1d4+3 (+3 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+3 | CMB: +7 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +11, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

Guiness considers Flo’s question...”Well, we certainly don’t want to be surrounded, so fighting them where Kargas and I can hold a front line would be good. We can handle them in a straight-up fight that way, but only if we don’t get paralyzed. Do we have anything that would help us not get hit, better resist paralysis, or quickly recover if we are paralyzed?” he says, thinking out loud.


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +12, Sense Motive +11; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 3/3 | Bit of Luck: 7/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4+0/4+1 2nd 3+1/3+1 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Bless 35/50

Flo nods her head at Guiness' question. "Desna has given me the power to cure paralysis, but only once," she admits.
________
GM, totally spaced on buying scrolls, but as we knew we were fighting ghouls, is it cool if I retroactively purchase two and a couple other random ones?


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

The farmer manages a weak grin at Flo and Kargas' comments "I'll do that. Sheriff Hemlock's guards might not be able to fight these things, but maybe we can mount a rescue to the other farms. I think most folks are still holed up in their homes. That's what we warned them to do before we stupidly marched on the ghouls."

"The name's Maester. You folks... you're that lot that's been helping Sandpoint lately, aren't ya? Thank you. It might be too late for some of us, but you saved me, and I get the feeling you'll save a lot more of us at this rate." He nods, looks off to the north warily, then back to you. "It'll be hard going, but I better start so I can get out of the farmlands before dark."

He gets ready to leave, pulling straw out of his clothing and unsteadily taking a few steps. He looks quite injured still.
---
Yep Flo, since you guys knew what you were up against, you can absolutely take this opportunity to retroactively buy scrolls.


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 12/12 l 49/49hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +8 CMD20 l Atk +11 Dmg 2d4+9
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager4 l 37/37hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +8 CMD20 l Perc +7 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd40ft l Intimidate +11; Feint DC12

Kargas watches Mester until the farmer disappears from sight. "Two dozen," he says again, looking around at the others with an even expression.

"Farmhouse isn't too far off now. Let's move."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 52 (52/52) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 19 | | Melee +9 Warhammer+1: 1d8+6+1 Fire, +8 Helmet 1d4+3 (+3 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+3 | CMB: +7 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +11, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

Guiness follows along, alert for trouble and trying not to make too much noise with his heavy armor.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Stealth: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (1) - 5 = -4


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +12, Sense Motive +11; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 3/3 | Bit of Luck: 7/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4+0/4+1 2nd 3+1/3+1 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Bless 35/50

Flo starts suddenly as the farmer limps off. "I'm so sorry, before you go," she says, gently grabbing his shoulder with her right and holding a wand in her left. Her hands begin to glow and positive energy flows into Maester's wounds, closing some of them. "Stay safe, ok?"

With the farmer gone, she gives Kargas a nod. Before she joins the others towards the farm, she prays to the Tender of Dreams for expedient travel and jogs to catch up.
________
CLW (Wand) vs Maester: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
GM, bought the following scrolls: 2 remove paralysis, 2 remove sickness, and 1 obscuring mist. Cast Longstrider.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 4 | hp 22 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +1, R +3, W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +10, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +6, SensM +6, Scrft +14 | arc reservoir 3/7 | magic missile wand 28/38

Before the farmer leaves Kellek checks him over with a tricorder to determine whether or not he's infected with ghoul fever.

heal (diagnose, Take 10): 10 + 6 = 16

"Turn your head. Now cough."

Flo wrote:
GM, bought the following scrolls: 2 remove paralysis, 2 remove sickness, and 1 obscuring mist.

Kellek would probably do that too, as soon as I figure out how the treasure table works.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Maester looks relieved as Flo heals his wounds. He lifts up his pant leg and rough shirt to feel at the areas where her wand worked its magic. "I didn't want to burden you all with me. You'll need that magic, against the ghouls, I reckon. But, thank you."

Kellek checks Maester's condition, and to the best of his knowledge, the man doesn't appear to be suffering from ghoul fever. In fact, after Flo's spell, he looks quite healthy.

With a wave to the party, Maester starts jogging northward along the path, head swinging from side to side as he eyes the fields.
----

You approach the Hambley farm from the south east, with the afternoon sun low in the sky. You estimate you have less than an hour before sunset. Up ahead, you see the farmhouse and barn standing in an open grassy field, mostly well clear of the surrounding crops. You don't see any scarecrows or ghouls out in the open, and the only unusual element of the scene is that the lanterns hanging under the eaves of both the farmhouse and barn are still burning despite it being daytime.

So, I have a map for this, but I'm currently in a hotel room and will have to upload it tomorrow. Feel free to start planning, then adjust your plans tomorrow if you need to once you see how the map looks.


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +12, Sense Motive +11; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 3/3 | Bit of Luck: 7/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4+0/4+1 2nd 3+1/3+1 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Bless 35/50

Staying low among the crops in the field, Flo whispers to her friends. "What's the plan? We have to strike now, after sunset isn't going to do us any favors since we'll need a light for Kellek. Maybe the barn first? We'll have to move quickly too, doesn't look like we'll have any cover once we begin."
________
With current choices being barn vs house, Flo doesn't have any significant preferences. Both could be a total s*#& show. As a player, I have a slight preference for going towards whichever is smaller.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 52 (52/52) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 19 | | Melee +9 Warhammer+1: 1d8+6+1 Fire, +8 Helmet 1d4+3 (+3 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+3 | CMB: +7 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +11, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

Whispering to Floredana, Guiness responds, "If the barn is tall enough to have a loft, that could be a decent fallback point if we are starting to get overwhelmed. Let's go there first."


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 12/12 l 49/49hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +8 CMD20 l Atk +11 Dmg 2d4+9
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager4 l 37/37hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +8 CMD20 l Perc +7 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd40ft l Intimidate +11; Feint DC12

"I agree with Guiness. Let's move now."

Kargas suits deed to word and breaks cover, advancing on the barn with the even strides of a man who's made his peace with death.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

OK! I'm back from traveling! Map is now updated. I'll let you take a look before we push forward with the action initially suggested by Kargas.

As you whisper to each other from your hiding place, you eye the barn and farmhouse. The barn is the larger of the two structures, an L-shaped building constructed around a unique feature - a 12-foot-high stone head canted slightly to the side. The stone head depicts a helmed warrior, her face contorted in rage. Moss has grown over much of the weathered figure. The massive stone head helps to support the western wall of the barn.

The barn has two entrances. To the west a large set of doors that face the farmhouse currently sit shut. To the east, the other set of doors is open, though you don't have a clear view inside from your current positions. The barn appears to be tall enough to have a large loft inside.

The farmhouse has a front and back door that both currently sit closed, as well as a number of low-quality cloudy glass windows. You might be able to make out what lies inside through them if you got very close.


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 12/12 l 49/49hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +8 CMD20 l Atk +11 Dmg 2d4+9
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager4 l 37/37hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +8 CMD20 l Perc +7 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd40ft l Intimidate +11; Feint DC12

Hm, after looking at the map I change my vote to the house first, then barn.


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +12, Sense Motive +11; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 3/3 | Bit of Luck: 7/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4+0/4+1 2nd 3+1/3+1 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Bless 35/50

"Now that I get a better look at it, the house looks approachable from the fields and if we go through the back door, we can avoid being seen by anyone in the barn!" Flo suggests. "Colvyn, could you sneak ahead and try to look through the windows?"
________
Agreed, house looks small and easier to get to stealthily. GM, if we decide to get at the house first, could we approach from the bottom left corner of the map? Looks like there are crop fields there too.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 52 (52/52) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 19 | | Melee +9 Warhammer+1: 1d8+6+1 Fire, +8 Helmet 1d4+3 (+3 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+3 | CMB: +7 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +11, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

Guiness nods in assent as the others whisper about approaching the smaller building first. He trails a bit behind the others, moving slowly, sensitive of his lack of skill with stealth.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Yep, the crops provide cover so you can approach from the southwest. Gonna need some stealth checks from whoever is leading the way (as well as the people behind unless you're really leaving a gap)

As you approach through the fields to the southwest, the long golden stalks both hide you and rustle and snag on Guiness' armor. If any of those ghouls has an ear out for intruders, they might hear you. But at the very least, the crops block a visual of your approach.

On the other hand, as you push through them, none of you have a good view of the farmhouse...


Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 4 | hp 22 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +1, R +3, W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +10, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +6, SensM +6, Scrft +14 | arc reservoir 3/7 | magic missile wand 28/38

Kellek rolls his eyes a bit at the dithering. Yes, waste the one resource we cannot afford to loose--daylight.

"You know, I can see from here that the back door to the barn is open...."


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 12/12 l 49/49hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +8 CMD20 l Atk +11 Dmg 2d4+9
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager4 l 37/37hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +8 CMD20 l Perc +7 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd40ft l Intimidate +11; Feint DC12

If Guiness wants to attempt to stealth up to the house that's find, otherwise Kargas will lead the way.


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +12, Sense Motive +11; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 3/3 | Bit of Luck: 7/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4+0/4+1 2nd 3+1/3+1 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Bless 35/50

"Well we can easily head there next, but we can give Colvyn a chance to peer into the house before we rush it," Flo says. Unfortunately for her, she finds weaving in and out of the crops to be a confusing and graceless affair.
________
Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
If Colvyn doesn't get a chance to post, let's just rush the house.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 52 (52/52) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 19 | | Melee +9 Warhammer+1: 1d8+6+1 Fire, +8 Helmet 1d4+3 (+3 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+3 | CMB: +7 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +11, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

(In case you need an additional stealth check after my -4 last time)

Stealth: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (14) - 5 = 9


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 3 / Trapper 1 | hp 28/28 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +9 (+3 vs traps) D.D +11 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition: Diseased
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/4, Fervor 1d6 3/3 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith

Colvyn sneaks up to the back of the house and tries to see if there are any undead creatures inside. As he leans against the wall, he tries to signal the rest of the group to stop moving while he explores the place.

Is the window open or closed?

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

GM Screen:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Colvyn leads the way to the house, sneaking very quietly out of the crops and towards the back door. Behind him, the rest of his allies make much more noise as they move through the crops, though they don't advance out of them and approach the house. (At least not immediately, maybe) There's no obvious response from either the farmhouse or the barn. Perhaps that means you haven't been spotted yet...

He looks up at the warped and cloudy glass window, eyeing the frame closely. As far as he can tell, these simple windows aren't designed to be opened at all - just to provide some light to the interior.

Perception DC15; looking through the windows:
The cloudiness of the windows means you can't make out much in the way of specifics, but you do see large dark shapes that you take to be furniture, as well as lighter squares that must be the windows on the opposite side. As you watch, a tall dark shape sloooooowly moves across the room. As it gets silouetted by the windows, you realize it must be a ghoul.

There's at least one ghoul inside, though there could be more that aren't moving. (Red X on the map where you know a ghoul is standing)


Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 4 | hp 22 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +1, R +3, W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +10, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +6, SensM +6, Scrft +14 | arc reservoir 3/7 | magic missile wand 28/38

stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Kellek walks through the field like he's doing so under duress, not bothering scuttle or visibly sneak. It's like watching a group of ninja and their disapproving instructor move about a practice field.

Does this place have a visible crawlspace?


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 12/12 l 49/49hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +8 CMD20 l Atk +11 Dmg 2d4+9
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager4 l 37/37hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +8 CMD20 l Perc +7 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd40ft l Intimidate +11; Feint DC12

Waiting on Colvyn, don't want to spoil his scouting


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 3 / Trapper 1 | hp 28/28 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +9 (+3 vs traps) D.D +11 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition: Diseased
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/4, Fervor 1d6 3/3 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Colvyn looks through the window and then slide back down against the wall. He looks at where the group waits in the crops and start making hand gesture at the group. First, he points at his eye, then at the window. He then raises his fist and unfold one finger. We really need to come up with a better way to communicate than this. After that, he moves silently to the other corner of the house to get a glimpse at what may be in front of the barn.

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

No obvious crawlspaces Kellek.

Perception DC15; if you look through the other window into the farmhouse:
Once more, by watching the movements of various shadows you can make out the outlines of another figure (likely another ghoul), as it shuffles slowly through the room. You also spot what seems to be a big armchair.

That brings the total in the farmhouse to at least two.
----

Colvyn peeks around the corner of the farmhouse... and doesn't spot anything different in front of the barn. The main doors of the barn remain closed and there is no obvious movement or ghoulish creatures about. Everything is very quiet in fact.

In interest of keeping scouting phases short (considering that other people in the party have minimal participation during them), feel free to specify multiple things you'd like to check and make a perception check for each of them. I'll resolve everything at once and then have you rejoin the group (assuming you're not spotted and things go south, of course :>)


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 3 / Trapper 1 | hp 28/28 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +9 (+3 vs traps) D.D +11 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition: Diseased
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/4, Fervor 1d6 3/3 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Colvyn rounds up the house, takes a peek at the other window and head back to the group. "Didn't see anything outside, but there are at least two ghouls in the house that I could see."

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 52 (52/52) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 19 | | Melee +9 Warhammer+1: 1d8+6+1 Fire, +8 Helmet 1d4+3 (+3 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+3 | CMB: +7 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +11, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

Guiness nods and speaks Colvyn quietly, ”Should we go into the house, then, or do you want to scout the barn first?”


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +12, Sense Motive +11; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 3/3 | Bit of Luck: 7/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4+0/4+1 2nd 3+1/3+1 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Bless 35/50

"I'll of course defer our primary combatants, but it would seem wise to take the house ghouls out first. Then we can tackle the barn without fear of reinforcements. If ghouls pour out of the barn, we could always close the doors to the house," Flo points out. That daylight is fading fast, there is a lot more grey than color now. We better get moving before Kellek has to turn a light on!

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 52 (52/52) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 19 | | Melee +9 Warhammer+1: 1d8+6+1 Fire, +8 Helmet 1d4+3 (+3 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+3 | CMB: +7 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +11, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

"I am fine going up to the back door, opening it up, and going in. Subtlety is not my forte, if someone else has a more...elaborate...plan, feel free to suggest" volunteers Guiness, his left hand tightening on the grip of his steel shield.


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 12/12 l 49/49hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +8 CMD20 l Atk +11 Dmg 2d4+9
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager4 l 37/37hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +8 CMD20 l Perc +7 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd40ft l Intimidate +11; Feint DC12

"I'll take the door on the other side. No sense leaving them the option to flee." With a plan decided, Kargas steps out of the corn field and strides towards the door, spinning the falchion in his right hand.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 52 (52/52) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 19 | | Melee +9 Warhammer+1: 1d8+6+1 Fire, +8 Helmet 1d4+3 (+3 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+3 | CMB: +7 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +11, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

Guiness times his approach on the back door to coincide with Kargas' approach to the front door.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

GM Screen:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

OK, moved everyone on the map to follow RP. Guiness, you can decide whether you stowed your shield or hammer in order to have a free hand for the door.

With excellent coordination, Guiness and Kargas open the front and back doors of the farmhouse at the same time. Inside, you see the farmhouse is in terrible shape.

Guiness sees a kitchen covered with blood, sporting broken and splintered tables and a scattered mess of pots and pans. However, the most striking and horrifying feature is the human corpse pinned to the ceiling by a series of wooden stakes. The body is rotting but largely intact. Its surface swarms with flies, and a seven pointed star is clearly visible carved into its chest. A single ghoul stands at watch in the kitchen.

Kargas sees the living room, which is completely destroyed, though significantly less grisly. A body lies sprawled across a chair in the room, a ghoul embracing it 'lovingly' while a second ghoul stands at watch in front of the window to the north-east. A third ghoul, this one bulkier and quicker to react than the rest, crouches at the top of a set of stairs leading into a cellar.
-----

INITs:
Kargas: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Flo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Colvyn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Kellek: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Guiness: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
--
Ghoulies: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
While Flo and Kellek are still a couple of steps back, the stench of rotting flesh and undeath that billows out of the farmhouse is unmistakable. All but Kargas are quick to jump into action.

|||| INIT ||||
Flo
Colvyn
Kellek
Guiness

Ghoul Green
Ghoul Red
Ghoul Orange
Ghoul Pink
Kargas

Bold are up

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 52 (52/52) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 19 | | Melee +9 Warhammer+1: 1d8+6+1 Fire, +8 Helmet 1d4+3 (+3 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+3 | CMB: +7 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +11, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

Guiness typically stows his hammer and keeps his shield readied when opening doors or other such things require a free hand as SOP...and thanks for giving me the option...

Guiness strides in, drawing Dragonfist as he moves to engage the kitchen ghoul. As he swings for its deformed head, Guiness sees multiple ghouls in the other room and says to those still outside, "I've got this one; go help Kargas."

Dragonfist Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Dragonfist Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 4 | hp 22 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +1, R +3, W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +10, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +6, SensM +6, Scrft +14 | arc reservoir 3/7 | magic missile wand 28/38

Double move along the front of the structure.


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +12, Sense Motive +11; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 3/3 | Bit of Luck: 7/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 4+0/4+1 2nd 3+1/3+1 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Bless 35/50

Shoot, too slow! With Guiness already on top of something she does her best to position herself in sight of Colvyn and Kargas before granting them a small butterfly companion.
________
Bless! I believe Flo's positioning gives everyone except for Guiness the effect.


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 3 / Trapper 1 | hp 28/28 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +9 (+3 vs traps) D.D +11 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition: Diseased
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/4, Fervor 1d6 3/3 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith

Calvin walks into the house with his bow ready. He aims at the first ghoul he sees in the second room. The orange one. His aim isn't too steady, but he thinks it might be still good. "Ok, so there is a bit more ghouls than I saw."

Longbow vs Orange: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 10


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Looks good Flo. Just Guiness misses the bless. For ease, I'll be rolling any Fort saves needed for this fight.
--

GM Screen:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Guiness' initial blow caves in a decaying ghoulish head, sending the green ghoul to the ground with a solid thump. Colvyn's arrow embeds itself deep into the orange ghoul's chest, sending it staggering back for a breath before it surges forwards in retaliation!

The orange ghoul slashes a clawed hand across Colvyn's arm, drawing blood and trailing a streamer of pus that flows from the rapidly festering wound. (Deals 4 dmg, and...) Colvyn feels his arm stiffen, then his torso, then legs and neck. In a matter of moments, he's completely paralyzed.
Colvyn Fort v. disease: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Colvyn Fort v. ?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Paralysis: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The red ghoul knocks over a stool in its eagerness to get to the open front door. It swings around the corner and lunges forwards to bite at Kargas. Its jaws find purchase around Kargas' forearm and it bites down hard enough to draw blood. (Deals 4 dmg, and...) While the wound doesn't seem to fester right away, Kargas feels the same paralysis wash over him.
Kargas Fort v. disease: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Kargas Fort v. ?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Paralysis: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The bulkier ghoul up on the stairs springs forward as well, heading towards the paralyzed Colvyn. As he gets close, Colvyn and Guiness feel a horrid nauseating stench of supernatural rot wafting from him.
Colvyn Fort v. Stench: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Duration?: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Guiness Fort v. Stench: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Even paralyzed as he is, Colvyn can feel his stomach rebelling against the ghastly aroma. (Colvyn is sickened for 10 mins)
The bulky ghoul reaches out with a clawed hand and rakes it across Colvyn's belly, delivering a shallow cut. (Dealing 4 dmg) Thankfully, this time round he resists any further debilitating effects.
Colvyn Fort v. disease: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Colvyn Fort v. ?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

|||| INIT ||||
Kargas (paralyzed 4 rds, 4 dmg)
Flo
Colvyn (disease, paralyzed 2 rds, sickened 10 mins, 4 dmg)
Kellek
Guiness

Ghoul Red
Ghoul Orange (10 dmg)
Ghoul Pink

Bold are up
Heads up: I run ghoul paralysis a little different to make it less of a TPK machine. First, while it makes you paralyzed, it doesn't make you helpless, so enemies can't coup de grace you. (Think of it as still being able to move just enough to avert a killing swing) Second, creatures paralyzed get a new Fort save at the end of each of their turns to end the effect early.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 52 (52/52) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 19 | | Melee +9 Warhammer+1: 1d8+6+1 Fire, +8 Helmet 1d4+3 (+3 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+3 | CMB: +7 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +11, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

Guiness sees some of his companions’ movements slow down and nearly stop. Turning and swinging Dragonfist at the orange ghoul, he calls, ”Need some help here, Floredana”.

If that hit takes the orange ghoul down, he will step on top of it and attack the purple ghoul/ghast? with his Dwarven Boulder Helm. If not, that attack will go at the orange ghoul (still stepping up afterwards if he takes the orange ghoul down to try and protect Colvyn).

Dragonfist Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Dragonfist Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Headbutt Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Headbutt Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 4 | hp 22 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +1, R +3, W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +10, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +6, SensM +6, Scrft +14 | arc reservoir 3/7 | magic missile wand 28/38

Kellek rushes past the entrance to see what is going on.

Sorry, Kargas. "Konphehte!"

Casts glitterdust using a point from his arcane reservoir to increase the Will DC to 18.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 52 (52/52) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 19 | | Melee +9 Warhammer+1: 1d8+6+1 Fire, +8 Helmet 1d4+3 (+3 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+3 | CMB: +7 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +11, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

Those ghouls are Fabulous!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 12/12 l 49/49hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +8 CMD20 l Atk +11 Dmg 2d4+9
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager4 l 37/37hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +8 CMD20 l Perc +7 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd40ft l Intimidate +11; Feint DC12

Will vs Glitterdust: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Fort vs Paralysis: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

no longer paralyzed BUT ALSO blinded. Frying pan's giving the fire a flanking bonus :(


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

GM Screen:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Guiness' hammer crushes another ghoul skull and he steps forward in time to deliver a sound headbutt towards the bulkier ghoul. The bulky ghoul proves quick on its feet. It scurries back, hissing loudly as a long grey tongue lolls out of its mouth. The headbutt meets nothing but air.

Considering that Guiness stepped up after dropping orange, I've gone and moved Kellek's glitterdust AoE up one square to catch the two remaining targets. This puts it out of Kargas' square.

Both ghouls are suddenly illuminated by golden particles! The bulky ghoul's eyes are filled with the glitter, and its hisses turn to anger as it tries to claw the sparkles free. The ghoul next to Kargas doesn't seem anywhere near as impaired.

|||| INIT ||||
Kargas (4 dmg)
Flo
Colvyn (disease, paralyzed 2 rds, sickened 10 mins, 8 dmg)

Kellek
Guiness
Ghoul Red
Ghoul Pink (Blinded)

Bold are Up
Buffs: Bless


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Going to let Flo take a double turn. Here's Colvyn's save:
Colvyn struggles to free himself from the paralysis.
Colvyn Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
He manages to free himself!
----

GM Screen:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 1d2 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 1d2 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 1d2 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
---
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
The bulky ghoul unleashes a frenzied flurry of attacks at Guiness, clawing and biting but getting little more than air and the haft of his hammer. The vigorous movement manages to get the remaining blinding dust out of its eyes and it can see once more!

The red ghoul claws and bites at Kargas, but he's able to keep it at arms reach with preventative swings of his weapon. He pulls away from the assault unscathed!

|||| INIT ||||
Kargas (4 dmg)
Flo x2
Colvyn (disease, sickened 10 mins, 8 dmg)
Kellek
Guiness

Ghoul Red
Ghoul Pink

Bold are Up
Buffs: Bless

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 52 (52/52) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +2 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 19 | | Melee +9 Warhammer+1: 1d8+6+1 Fire, +8 Helmet 1d4+3 (+3 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +5 Thrown Hammer 1d4+3 | CMB: +7 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +11, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

Guiness smiles when he sees Colvyn starting to move more freely, and he turns to the bulky but quick ghoul with renewed vigor, striking at it with hammer and helmet in an unexpected high-low combination, hoping that an effort to dodge the first strike might line the dexterous creature up for the second.

Dragonfist Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Dragonfist Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Steel Headbutt Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Steel Headbutt Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The creature is too fast for him and he can’t land a solid blow, but he continues to stand strong in the doorway, hoping to shield others from its deadly claws and bite.

3,851 to 3,900 of 3,959 << first < prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Revival of the Runelords Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.