Revival of the Runelords

Game Master Cellion

(RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (RotRL Loot Log)

INIT template:
[dice=Kargas]d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Flo]d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Rig]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Colvyn]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Kellek]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Guiness]d20+1[/dice]


4,001 to 4,050 of 4,239 << first < prev | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | next > last >>

BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 14/14 l 61/61hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +11 CMD23 l Atk +12 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager5 l 46/46hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +9 CMD21 l Perc +8 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +12

"I'm getting a strong 'ambush' feeling from this place. We've got rope, wanna start on the top floor?"


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Kellek's magical investigations reveal nothing in particular lingering around the grounds. When he steps up to get a better look at the house, a pair of sickly looking ravens fly out of the house's eaves and off into the rain. Kellek doesn't detect any magic coming from the house itself.

From a distance, all that Flo can tell is that the windows appear to have curtains pulled closed on the inside. The grimy glass filling the window panes is surprisingly all intact, despite the damage and decay in the rest of the building.
Plenty of windows here Flo. Which ones are you checking first? Although they seem to have curtains drawn, you might learn something interesting depending on which you check. (You might also find dangers waiting :>)

Colvyn's inspection of the area immediately in front of the manor house yields little of value. The ground is rocky, with scraggly grass clinging where it can. If there were any tracks to be seen here, the rain has washed them away.
From far away, Colvyn doesn't spot any traps on the main or side entrance.

Kargas looks up and sees that the house has what looks to be a second floor, plus another small floor that might be an attic. While there aren't any doors up on the second floor, there are more closed windows - which you may be able to break open to gain access to the interior. There are plenty of knobs and protrusions that a grappling hook would be able to catch against.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 64 (64/64) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +4 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 20 | | Melee +11 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +9 Helmet 1d4+3 (+4 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +7 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +8 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

Guiness hangs back so that his lack of stealth doesn’t give away the stealthier member’s approach. He does look suspiciously at the ravens flying off, trying to discern if they looked like the birds that were on the scarecrows.

Perceptiin: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

He will slowly move up to the others, saying to Floredana (if the birds look similar or the same—or especially if they look undead), ”I wonder if this necromancer uses the birds as his scouts and sentries...”


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 43/43 2NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move [40] 50
Tracked Resources:
Reach 3/3 | Bit of Luck: 6/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+1/4+1 2nd 2+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 33/50

"That would be a dark sign for us..." Flo says back to Guiness. "Kargas, starting at the top doesn't sound like a bad idea if we can get a rope secured. We'd have to be careful though, the weather isn't exactly conducive to this sort of thing. Worst case scenario, I could just fly it up," she concludes with a mischievous grin before heading off.

Leaving her allies to deliberate for a moment, she takes a peak into some of the Northern windows.
________
GM, I've scribbled a loop around three of the windows I have in mind!


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 14/14 l 61/61hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +11 CMD23 l Atk +12 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager5 l 46/46hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +9 CMD21 l Perc +8 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +12

While Flor slips forward to peek in windows, Kargas pokes at the rain-soaked wood of the burnt-out structure with the tip of his falchion. "I'm no nobleman, but this doesn't look like a place someone paid a lot of money to fix up."

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 3 / Trapper 2 | hp 18/34 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (+3 vs traps) D.D +12 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition: Diseased
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/4, Fervor 1d6 3/3 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith

Still worried of traps, Colvyn moves in closer to the front door carefully. He inspects the thing then turn around and looks at the rest of the group. At Kargas suggestion he looks at the exterior walls and start planning a climbing route.

Trapfinding: 1d20 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 3 = 17


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

To Guiness' eye, the ravens look wet and scrawny, with tattered wings. While he's no animal expert (unless someone rolls a KN Nature), they do sort of look like the ravens encountered in the farmlands.

Flo reaches the windows on the northern side of the house. As expected from far away, the curtains are drawn shut and Flo can't see what lies beyond. When she reaches the north-easternmost window and tries to look inside, the curtains are parted just enough that she catches sight of a long dusty couch, caked with white sheets of wispy fungus. Strangely, a feeling of irrational worry suddenly grips her. But when she steps away from the window, it passes as quickly as it came.

Kargas searches the muddy charred remains of the outbuilding, but finds nothing unusual. He doesn't spot any footprints or tracks or other sign that this place has recently been visited. (Anything specific you're looking for with survival?)

Colvyn doesn't spot any traps on or around the front door. It looks like the door is locked though, with a large keyhole and face plate. (The door to the NW is also locked the same way)

I've added a map for the 2nd floor, so you can take your pick of potential window entrances :>


Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 5 | hp 27 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +1, R +3, W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +11, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +7, SensM +6, Scrft +15 | arc reservoir 4/8 | magic missile wand 26/38

knowledge (nature, Take 10) v 'ravens': 10 + 11 = 21 In fact, they are actually all one creature, a rare form of airborne hydra with an invisible body and crow-shaped heads.

Kellek waits patiently for someone to bust in a door or window so that he can glitterdust, web or fireball (or all of the above) the interior.


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 43/43 2NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move [40] 50
Tracked Resources:
Reach 3/3 | Bit of Luck: 6/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+1/4+1 2nd 2+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 33/50

Flo shivers a little after pulling away from the window. That was... odd. We'll have to be careful in there. With a rope still not secure, she creeps forward to the next window.
________
No preference on 2nd floor windows, chuck away!

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 64 (64/64) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +4 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 20 | | Melee +11 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +9 Helmet 1d4+3 (+4 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +7 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +8 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

Guiness looks doubtfully at the rope, thinking ”It had better be knotted if they want me to climb up!”, saying quietly to whomever is still on the ground level, ”What’s wrong with going in somewhere closer to the ground?”


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 3 / Trapper 2 | hp 18/34 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (+3 vs traps) D.D +12 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition: Diseased
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/4, Fervor 1d6 3/3 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith

As people are still debating from where the group should enter the house, Colvyn starts working on the lock. He takes out the usual tools and gives the lock a quick inspection. Ah, this should do it. Once he thinks he found the right tumblers, he gives it a twist and try to unlock the door.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Colvyn finds the lock on the front door surprisingly challenging, with a complex set of tumblers that move with an easy smoothness. It's immediately clear that despite the ruined state of the house, the lock on the front door was replaced relatively recently. It takes Colvyn about a minute, but he manages to get the lock open. (Front door is now unlocked)

Kellek sees just enough of the two ravens that flew off that he gets the feeling these weren't ordinary birds. The wings articulated just a little too far, the feathers were too tattered to give good lift, and the beady red eyes didn't look right either. In fact... if they hadn't just flapped away, he would have guessed that the two ravens were dead.
--------

Alright, we are going into Thanksgiving in the US tomorrow. I'll be traveling and won't be able to update the game, probably not until Sat, though I may squeeze a Friday post in. In the mean time, feel free to vote on your approach. I'll roll with whatever has majority.


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 14/14 l 61/61hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +11 CMD23 l Atk +12 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager5 l 46/46hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +9 CMD21 l Perc +8 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +12

I was just looking for any signs of recent movement or habitation. Probably not with the rain

Seeing the others moving closer to the manor, Kargas leaves the charred shell and rejoins them. "Second floor might be less likely to be trapped, if this place is a setup. Looks like Colvyn's got it, though."


Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 5 | hp 27 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +1, R +3, W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +11, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +7, SensM +6, Scrft +15 | arc reservoir 4/8 | magic missile wand 26/38

Kellek keeps his eyes on the birds noting the direction they take for as long as they are in sight.

"The whole place is a trap." Kellek says to Kargas, eyes toward the horizon. "But we best be about our business here. We've been expected after all."

Kellek withdraws a scroll and edges closer to Colvyn.


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 3 / Trapper 2 | hp 18/34 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (+3 vs traps) D.D +12 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition: Diseased
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/4, Fervor 1d6 3/3 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith

Still unsure of where the group wants to go in from, Colvyn opens the main door just a sliver so that he can get a peek of what lies on the other side. He tries to be as discreet as possible.

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 64 (64/64) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +4 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 20 | | Melee +11 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +9 Helmet 1d4+3 (+4 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +7 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +8 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

Guiness watches Colvyn intently, waiting for the signal to move forward. It seems the ground floor is in play, after all...


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

OK, rather than climbing, lets do the front door first. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!

@Kargas: No signs of recent habitation in the outbuilding.
----
Colvyn cracks the front door open. Unsurprisingly, its hinges creak loudly, even with the wind and rain outside.

The sound of the house straining and creaking gives the long, high-ceilinged entry room an additional sense of age and decay. The place smells damp, the unpleasant tinge of mold lacing the air as surely as it stains the wooden floor, walls, and furniture with pallid patches. Moldering trophies hang on the walls: a boar, a bear, a firepelt cougar, and a stag, yet they pale in comparison to the monster on display in the center of the room. Here crouches a twelve-foot-long creature with the body of a lion, a scorpion’s tail fitted with dozens of razor barbs, huge batlike wings, and a deformed humanoid face.

Further eastward, the long hall continues until it opens back up into a larger dining room framed from behind by stained glass windows. (You don't have a clear view of that room from this vantage point, but there's more detail you could see from further in) Between the trophy room entrance chamber and the dining room sits a wide hallway with a moldy throw rug covering a massive black stain on the ground.

Doors branch off to the north and south from the rooms, but all are currently closed.

Perception DC20; Noticing sounds:
You hear a muffled sound of sobbing coming from somewhere... above. Perhaps on the second floor somewhere.

KN Arcana DC15; Viewing the room:
You realize that the creature in the center of the room is a well-taxidermied Manticore!


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 14/14 l 61/61hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +11 CMD23 l Atk +12 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager5 l 46/46hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +9 CMD21 l Perc +8 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +12

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Arcana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

"Somebody's crying upstairs," Kargas says softly, carefully scanning the room and checking every inch of floor, wall, and ceiling as he passes. He pauses in front of the taxidermy.

"Damn me if that isn't a manticore. Aldern must have relatives who are better hunters, I don't think there's a chance he brought this beast down himself..."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 64 (64/64) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +4 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 20 | | Melee +11 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +9 Helmet 1d4+3 (+4 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +7 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +8 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Guiness moves slowly and quietly (for him, a take 10 of 5 unless it becomes important to roll specifically), listening to hear the cries Kargas mentioned but also keeping a wary eye on that stuffed? manticore...If it looks a bit too life-like (or undead-like), he’ll give it a nudge with his hammer.

Religion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 43/43 2NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move [40] 50
Tracked Resources:
Reach 3/3 | Bit of Luck: 6/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+1/4+1 2nd 2+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 33/50

Flo stops in her tracks at the sound of the door opening and hustles back to stay with the group. "That first window I peered in... there's something unnatural about it. We should be careful when we open it," she shares.

"Wow... a Manticore, you said? Can't say that's something I'd be eager to cross a sword with," she says while looking it over with a mix of admiration and fear. "Normally, I'd say we rush to the crying, but a place like this isn't one I'd like to rush through. Shall we clear out each floor first?"
________
GM, did Flo make it to the next window per her last post? Since Flo's seen what she believes is the other side of Kargas' door, her suggestion would be to start with that one and then go clockwise through the floor!


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 3 / Trapper 2 | hp 18/34 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (+3 vs traps) D.D +12 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition: Diseased
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/4, Fervor 1d6 3/3 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

"I hear it too... But then I have a hard time believing that anyone would live in this place." Colvyn moves along the southern wall to the first door. He keeps an eye toward the Manticore, expecting it to move at any moment. Once at the door, he starts inspecting it.

Trapfinding: 1d20 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 3 = 25


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Sorry Flo, I'd forgotten to clarify after you'd made your RP - I'd already assumed you checked ALL the north-side windows on ground level. See my earlier post. Flo wasn't able to see in any of the other windows or notice anything else from them, due to the curtains being drawn more tightly shut.

Colvyn Only:
Colvyn, in addition to the sound of sobbing, you pick up a whiff of burning hair and flesh. It wafts past your nose and then you can't smell it at all anymore.

---

Inside the house, the steady drone of rain from inside is muffled, but the house creaks and shifts in the wind. Your steps on the moldy carpet are quiet enough, but Guiness' armor rattles despite his best efforts. Now that you're inside, you notice that the hallway connecting the entrance chamber and the dining room in the east side of the house has an odd looking antique mounted on the northern wall. A rather gruesome mummified monkey head. A bellpull extends from the monkey's gaping mouth. (Location marked in yellow on the map)

And because I made an error in revealing the room: Now that you're inside the entrance room, you also notice that on the south end of the chamber lies a broadly arcing staircase up to the second floor.

As far as Guiness can tell, the manticore he nudges with his hammer is absolutely just a taxidermied piece. He gets no response from the nudge, and to his best reckoning, it isn't undead.

Colvyn inspects the first door to the south and sees nothing that looks like a danger or trap.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 64 (64/64) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +4 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 20 | | Melee +11 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +9 Helmet 1d4+3 (+4 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +7 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +8 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

Guiness nods at Floredana's cautious words and whispers to Colvyn, "Which door first?"

Once Colvyn has indicated the door of his choice (and has investigated it to his satisfaction), Guiness will stow his hammer and move over to the door, prepared to open it when the others are ready.


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 43/43 2NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move [40] 50
Tracked Resources:
Reach 3/3 | Bit of Luck: 6/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+1/4+1 2nd 2+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 33/50

Flo's nose scrunches up in disgust. "How macabre... Let's hope we don't have to touch that?"

Eager for anything else to focus on, she follows Colvyn and checks the door over his shoulder.
________
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Oh ok, thanks GM! This door looks as good as any!


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 3 / Trapper 2 | hp 18/34 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (+3 vs traps) D.D +12 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition: Diseased
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/4, Fervor 1d6 3/3 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith

Again, Colvyn opens the door sightly to get a peek inside. The moment he sees anything moving in the next room, he plans to jump out of the way and let Guiness take care of it. If not, he pushes the door completely open. He then stands in the doorway to inspect the room without entering it.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

The southern door opens to a puff of humid air. An almost cozy drawing room sits here, its interior filled with an unnatural damp as thick sheets of mold cling to the curtains closed over the southern window.

If you part the curtains:
You open the curtains to briefly glimpse a forlorn woman's face reflected in the glass. The reflection vanishes before you can do more than blink. When you look again, the window is fogged up due to the humidity in the air.
----

And since you rolled another perception check, I'll apply it to the next door:
Confident that the next door is also safe, Colvyn opens the way east-ward. The creaking door opens up to a much less muggy space.

This library features two chairs one of which lies on its side, before a stone fireplace. A scarf, its reds and golds contrasting with the drab palette of the room, is draped over the side of the fallen chair. A book sits facedown on the floor between the chairs. A stone bookend, carved to look like a praying angel with butterfly wings, lies on its side in the fireplace itself.


Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 5 | hp 27 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +1, R +3, W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +11, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +7, SensM +6, Scrft +15 | arc reservoir 4/8 | magic missile wand 26/38

Kellek scans the place for magic.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 64 (64/64) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +4 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 20 | | Melee +11 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +9 Helmet 1d4+3 (+4 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +7 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +8 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

With Colvyn helpfully opening the doors now, Guiness will keep his hammer drawn and follow, ready to step up quickly if there is a threat, but trying to stay quiet so as not to disturb the scout’s recon.

As they search each room, he will look around too...

Perception on first room: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Perception on second room: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 5 | hp 27 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +1, R +3, W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +11, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +7, SensM +6, Scrft +15 | arc reservoir 4/8 | magic missile wand 26/38
Kellek Zaderan wrote:
Kellek scans the place for magic.

In the next room as well, and so on.


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 43/43 2NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move [40] 50
Tracked Resources:
Reach 3/3 | Bit of Luck: 6/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+1/4+1 2nd 2+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 33/50

"Well this is... almost nice," Flo says as the musty scent of mold fills her nose. This might help the mold problem, while I'm at it! Walking to the curtains, she takes hold of a bunch in each hand before whipping it open. Her breath catches and she takes a step back as the image flickers and fades. "Th-there was a face! In the window! Is it related to the sobbing? Is this place haunted?" Father Zantus would know what to do here, damn it. If only I had an ounce of his wisdom and experience!

Regardless of her allies' responses, she dips right on out and back to the hallway.

With Colvyn giving the all-clear, she steps into the library. Seeing the bookend in the fireplace, she crouches down to inspect it. Lifting it in her hand, she carefully brushes off some soot. This is cool! Could be the Goddess herself! I'll get it consecrated and then have the focal point to my very own traveling shrine! Swinging her bag around, she places it inside for safekeeping.

Ever-curious, she makes her way around the room. First, she flips the book over. Then, she picks up the scarf and smells it for mold. "Hey, Kellek. Do you have a spell that can clean things? I'd love to keep this," she says, throwing it over her shoulders with an end in each hand. "But I'd rather not keep the smell of this place that's surely settled in it as well."


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 14/14 l 61/61hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +11 CMD23 l Atk +12 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager5 l 46/46hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +9 CMD21 l Perc +8 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +12

Kargas growls as the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. "This place creeps me out, let's finish quickly."

After examining the room for a moment, the half-orc crosses over and squats down by the fireplace. With a thoughtful hm he retrieves the butterfly-winged angel piece. Does it look burned or otherwise damaged? "Hey Flo, does this mean anything to you?"


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 3 / Trapper 2 | hp 18/34 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (+3 vs traps) D.D +12 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition: Diseased
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/4, Fervor 1d6 3/3 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith

Colvyn looks at Floredana picking up items with a puzzled look. "Doesn't all this stuff belong to Aldern?" He takes quick survey of the room before moving to another door. "No ghouls or necromancer so far, let's see what is behind this door."

Trapfinding: 1d20 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 3 = 27


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Uh oh.

Kellek detect no magic from either the drawing room or the library. Nor does Guiness notice anything unusual in the drawing room beyond what was already found. In the library however, Guiness notices splashes of old dried blood on the back of one of the knocked over chair, as well as a scattering or bloody strands of hair littering the ground.

In the mean time, Flo heads straight for the bookend in the fireplace. She picks it up and immediately notices that it too is stained with blood on one side as well as bearing clots of hair, bits of skull and patches of skin. One of its wings is badly cracked and chipped.

As Kargas comes over to take a look at the bookend, Flo takes a look at the scarf. Just as she picks it up...

Perceptions:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
...Flo and Colvyn both notice the scarf take on a life of its own. It starts to wriggle and twist, its ends flaring. It deftly tugs itself out of Flo's grasp before she can get a good hold and begins rising up into the air - rippling as if in a stiff breeze.
INIT:
Kargas: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Flo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Colvyn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Kellek: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Guiness: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

----
|||| INIT - Surprise ||||
Flo
Scarf?
Colvyn

|||| INIT ||||
Kellek
Flo
Scarf?
Guiness
Kargas
Colvyn

Bold are up!

What the heck is going on with this scarf? KN Religion DC15:
You notice a feeling of vengeful malevolence emanating from the scarf. This scarf appears to be haunted!

While the actual actions of a haunt are difficult to determine ahead of time, you know that haunts can be temporarily neutralized by applying positive energy to their focus point - in this case the scarf. You must make an attack roll to touch a haunt with an attack that would apply positive energy. Permanently dealing with a haunt requires someone to unravel the reason behind the haunting and satisfy the unquiet spirits maintaining the haunt.

You also know that haunts are localized. It probably can't manifest beyond this room.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 64 (64/64) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +4 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 20 | | Melee +11 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +9 Helmet 1d4+3 (+4 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +7 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +8 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

Religion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Guiness sees the scarf start floating and thinks, ”Oh, that’s pretty, I wonder if it is magic somehow...”


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 43/43 2NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move [40] 50
Tracked Resources:
Reach 3/3 | Bit of Luck: 6/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+1/4+1 2nd 2+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 33/50

"I mean, I guess, but it seems like he didn't want any of this stuff... The house is in shambles, I got the impression that this was all junk!" Flo explains to Colvyn, a little embarrassed.

Before she has time to mull over her feelings any further, the scarf flows into life! "Damn, why can't any of the nice things in here be normal?!" she complains before moving out of the way of the others.
________
Move to the upper left corner!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 14/14 l 61/61hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +11 CMD23 l Atk +12 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager5 l 46/46hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +9 CMD21 l Perc +8 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +12

Make a Knowledge check, Flo!


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

As Flo retreats, the scarf ripples through the air and settles itself on Kargas' shoulders. The fabric drapes itself lovingly around his neck.

Kargas only:
Kargas, even as you're reaching up towards the scarf to try to take it off, you suddenly notice a man standing right in front of you. Aldern Foxglove, dressed in a fine embroidered vest and immaculately pressed slacks. He sways on his feet, cheeks flushed with drink. He smiles a broad, cruel smile and whispers "My dear Iesha. You betrayed me. Betrayed. And with that layabout no less. There's only one solution for this. One. Easy. End."

He steps forward, hands grabbing the ends of the scarf wrapped around your neck. He begins pulling it tight...

(Give me a Will save DC16. If you fail, see the next spoiler. This is a fear effect. If you succeed, you're struck by an unnatural sense of fear and panic regarding the figure in front of you. You're shaken, but otherwise in control of yourself.)

Kargas, see spoiler above on whether you need to open this one:
Your conscious thoughts are washed away as you begin to believe that you ARE Iesha, Aldern's wife. The sight of your husband in a rage fills you with a soul crushing terror. You freeze, panic overwhelming your senses.

(You're paralyzed with fear this round. Also, make a Fortitude save as the scarf tightens around your throat)
----

The rest of you notice Kargas' eyes unfocus, then focus as if he's looking at something right in front of him. (You may want to wait for Kargas' reaction before acting)

|||| INIT - Surprise ||||
Flo
Scarf?
Colvyn

|||| INIT ||||
Kellek
Flo

Scarf?
Guiness
Kargas
Colvyn

Bold are up!


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 14/14 l 61/61hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +11 CMD23 l Atk +12 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager5 l 46/46hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +9 CMD21 l Perc +8 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +12

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Kargas raises a hand to grab at the scarf, but it falls limp at his side as he stares--seemingly at nothing. "...Aldern? What are you babbling abo--hrk!"

As the scarf draws tight around his throat the half-orc's eyes go wide in abject horror. He looks like he would scream if he could. He trembles in horror instead, only muted choking sounds escaping his mouth.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 3 / Trapper 2 | hp 18/34 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (+3 vs traps) D.D +12 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition: Diseased
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/4, Fervor 1d6 3/3 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith

Colvyn walks back to the entrance of the room. "What are you guys doing in there." Seeing the situation with the scarf, Colvyn can barely believe his eyes. "What in the hell..." He moves next to Kargas and tries to pull the scarf off the big man.

Kn. Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Not sure what type of roll I should do there.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

You all see the scarf coiling tight around Kargas' throat, as if an invisible force is pulling ever more strongly at its ends. But Kargas' sudden and immediate choking is in far excess of what the scarf could be doing to him. In fact, if you look closely, you see his throat being crushed even in places where the scarf doesn't touch.

Kargas manages to endure the choking grip upon him, for now.

If you wanted to try to wrest the scarf free Colvyn, it'd be a CMB check (though on your next full turn).


Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 5 | hp 27 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +1, R +3, W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +11, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +7, SensM +6, Scrft +15 | arc reservoir 4/8 | magic missile wand 26/38

Takes 10 if he can, otherwise... Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

"Oh," Kellek says in mild surprise. "It's one of those. Fetching. Flo, if you would be so kind as to call upon the power of your patron, and send it into that thing. Otherwise, I may be forced to burn it off."

*Waits to see what Flo does before setting Kargas on fire.*

"Colvyn, Guiness, see if you can shove him out one of the windows or through the door. The haunt might not be able to manifest outside of this room."

"Kargas, how many fingers am I holding up?" Kellek asks trying to see if the big man is still in charge of his faculties.


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 43/43 2NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move [40] 50
Tracked Resources:
Reach 3/3 | Bit of Luck: 6/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+1/4+1 2nd 2+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 33/50

"A haunt?" Flo says as holy energy begins to crackle over he hands. She runs over to Kargas and tries to swat the scarf with the energy coalescing around her arm. "Stay still, come on! LET HIM GO!"
________
CMW vs Haunt (DC 16 Will for half): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 52d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 7) + 5 = 14 Kewl.
Flo doesn't have ranks in religion or any knowledge for that matter, so there's that... That's what Kellek is for ;) Standard to cast CMW, move to move, free to touch.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

The scarf suddenly tugs Kargas away just as Flo approaches, leaving her hand swiping through air rather than touching its intended target. (Your hand does remain charged with the spell though!) Kargas seems to have no response at all to Kellek's words, his eyes instead focused on a spot in the air in front of him.

Kargas:
Aldern grins wider as he pulls the scarf tighter and tighter around your neck. "No more betrayals. Sleep now Iesha. Sleep and all will be well in the morning."

(The paralysis lasts until your allies are able to free you. You'll need to give me another Fort save for this round of choking)


|||| INIT ||||
Guiness
Kargas (Paralyzed by fear)
Colvyn
Kellek
Flo (Hand charged w/ CMW)

Haunted Scarf

Bold are up!
(I'll be at PAX Unplugged for the next 3 days. I expect there'll be enough downtime in there to post once or twice, but fair warning if I miss a day)

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 64 (64/64) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +4 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 20 | | Melee +11 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +9 Helmet 1d4+3 (+4 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +7 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +8 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

Guiness stares in dumb amazement for a moment as the scarf suddenly starts strangling Kargas! Not sure what else to do, Guiness drops his shield, steps over, and pulls out his Traveler’s Anytool, using it as shears to try and cut the scarf loose from Kargas’ neck.

CMB on the scarf with perhaps a +2 thrown in for the proper masterwork tool?: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 = 24


Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 5 | hp 27 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +1, R +3, W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +11, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +7, SensM +6, Scrft +15 | arc reservoir 4/8 | magic missile wand 26/38

Knowledge (religion) = Know thy enemy.

Watching as Flo misses, and Guiness tries fiddling with the 'haunted scarf' inside the confines of the 'haunted house', Kellek wonders if perhaps the accumulation of the knowledge, and power necessary to unseat the capricious gods of Golarion, and creation itself is perhaps not worth all the disappointment, and trouble. Perhaps he should just take up the herbalist trade, and forget all this adventuring stuff. At least then perhaps someone would listen to him.

He sighs. "Right. Fire it is then."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf | LG Fighter | Speed 20 | Initiative +1 | AC: 21 (Touch 12, FF 19) | Hp: 64 (64/64) | Fort: +8, Reflex +3, Will +4 (+1 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Poison, Spell, Spell-like) | CMD: 20 | | Melee +11 Warhammer+1: 1d8+7+1 Fire, +9 Helmet 1d4+3 (+4 Headbutt 1d4+1), Ranged +7 Thrown Hammer 1d4+4 | CMB: +8 | Character Sheet
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Climb +1, Handle Animal +3, Dungeoneering/Engineering +4, Religion/Geography/History +1, Metalcraft +12, Survival +5, Swim +1, Soldier +5
Conditions:
None

Sorry Kellek, Guiness heard both “push him out the door” and “hold still” so he just went directly after the item apparently choking him. If slicing the scarf off doesn’t work, he’ll try your suggestion...


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 14/14 l 61/61hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +11 CMD23 l Atk +12 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager5 l 46/46hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +9 CMD21 l Perc +8 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +12

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Kargas continues that awful choking, interspersed with terrified whimpering--and yet the big half-orc seems barely aware of his situation, making no move to defend himself.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ratfolk Warpriest 3 / Trapper 2 | hp 18/34 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (+3 vs traps) D.D +12 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition: Diseased
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/4, Fervor 1d6 3/3 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith

Colvyn looks down at himself, then at Kargas, and then at Kellek. "You want me to move the big guy? Really?" Colvyn climbs the half-Orc and tries to grab the scarf from around his neck. If he manages to get it off, he will run outside the room toward the main hall.

CMB: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite/Ulfen) Wizard (exploiter) 5 | hp 27 | AC 13, T 12, FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +1, R +3, W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Dun, His, Loc, Nat, Pla, Rel) +11, Kn(Others) +8, Perc +7, SensM +6, Scrft +15 | arc reservoir 4/8 | magic missile wand 26/38
Brother_Guiness wrote:
Sorry Kellek, Guiness heard both “push him out the door” and “hold still” so he just went directly after the item apparently choking him. If slicing the scarf off doesn’t work, he’ll try your suggestion...

No worries. That's just your evil wizard being an evil wizard. :) Now, if Kellek was wearing the scarf.... >:O

Colvyn "Slick" Dashtail wrote:
Colvyn looks down at himself, then at Kargas, and then at Kellek. "You want me to move the big guy? Really?"

"Yes." Kellek says, reassured that someone is listening.

Colvyn "Slick" Dashtail wrote:
Colvyn climbs the half-Orc and tries to grab the scarf from around his neck. If he manages to get it off, he will run outside the room toward the main hall.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?"

Just picturing Colvyn standing atop Kargas with a foot on each of his shoulders, tugging upward on the scarf's end while the rest of it is wrapped around Kargas's throat. Comedy Gold.

Kellek attempts to recalculate his chances of shoving 260-ish pounds of Kargas and his equipment out of the room with an additional Colvyn's worth of weight on top. Well, at least fighter types are easy enough to replace, and I'll get to see if the haunt is contact-activated.

Kellek delays to see the results of Colvyn's actions.


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 43/43 2NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move [40] 50
Tracked Resources:
Reach 3/3 | Bit of Luck: 6/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+1/4+1 2nd 2+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 33/50

As the party leaps into action, Flo continues to try slapping the scarf with her energized hand. "Hold on Kargas! We've got you!"
________
Touch (CMW) vs Scarf: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Want me to roll damage each time GM? She'd attempt to attack the scarf even if it is off of Kargas.

4,001 to 4,050 of 4,239 << first < prev | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Revival of the Runelords Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.