Revival of the Runelords

Game Master Cellion

(RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (RotRL Loot Log)

INIT template:
[dice=Kargas]d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Flo]d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Colvyn]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Kellek]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Guiness]d20+1[/dice]


1,401 to 1,450 of 4,444 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Sergeant Bartle sends a runner to the council hall. Soon the Mayor arrives with a few of her assistants.

"By the Lady's Light!" gasps the mayor as she looks around the workshop. She approaches the group.

"I understand that it was Tsuto Kaijitsu that was responsible for this, and that he is dead. The Sergeant also told me that there is a tunnel under the glassworks, and that they used this to sneak in?"

She shakes her head.

"For someone to side with the goblins against Sandpoint... it seems incredible. This is a real blow against our town. Still..." she pauses. "We cannot let our guard down. The tunnel will have to be secured right away."

"Is there anything else you know?"


Not long after the mayor arrives, Lord Scarnetti arrives with some bodyguards.

"A terrible business, this," he says, shaking his head. "And Lonjiku's wife's little bastard was to blame, eh? Everyone knew he was trouble."

He looks over the group.

"I know you didn't care for Lord Kaijitsu. Few people did. But you avenged his death, so I imagine any enmity his spirit might have had for you is now satisfied. You restored his honor by slaying his murderer."

He looks at Ameiko.

"You also saved his daughter, and for that I am sure he would be grateful. The Kaijitsus were never a fertile line, and she is the last of his bloodline. She must be protected at all costs. Though it is not official yet, she is now the Lady Kaijitsu, and should be addressed as Your Ladyship. I hope that soon she will be well enough to take her father's seat on the council."

He looks back at the group. "Good work, all of you."


At the mention of her new title and position, Ameiko quietly shakes her head and keeps her eyes on the floor, saying nothing.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Wizard (Diviner/Foresight) 2 | HP 12/12 | AC 13 (17 w/ MA) : T 13 : FF 10 : CMD 14 | FC 12 : RC 14 : WC 14 : IDC 11 : BDC 10 | Init +9 | Per +4 : S.M. +0 : Low-light vision | Move 30'
weapons:
MW shortbow +5 (1d6+0) (x3); Rapier +4 (1d6+0) (18-20x2); Cracked Tangerine Pentacle (Ioun Stone) 7 charges MM 1d4+1
CONDITIONS: blessing, Mage Armor
Spells:
Prescience 7/7 (CL 2st; concentration +7) 1st (6)—identify, mage armor, unseen servant, color spray, EP, spontaneous spell; 0 (at will; Spell Power 4)—detect magic, light, read magic, prestidigitation

Laurana elbows Flo, "I bet Kargas can solve the Kaijitsus fertility issue."


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 39/43 5NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 2/3 | Bit of Luck: 2/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/4+1 2nd 0+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 31/50

Caught off-guard by the unexpected remark, Flo can't help but snicker a little. "Lord Kargas and Lady Kaijitsu!"

Quickly composing herself and stepping forward, she gives them both a respectful bow, then addresses the two nobles who have answered the call. "Thank you for meeting us on such short notice, we felt some things are better seen than written or described afterwards. Our past relations with Lord Kaijitsu may not have been the warmest, but I pray to the Tender of Dreams that his soul rests in peace as you say."

Turning to whoever has the journal, she presents it to the Mayor. "Here is the information we found, we've learned that..." Flo continues to summarize the information contained within as the Mayor looks it over.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ratfolk Warpriest 3 / Trapper 2 | hp 26/34 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (+3 vs traps) D.D +12 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition: Diseased
Spoiler:
Blessing: 3/4, Fervor 1d6 1/3 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith

Multiple people dead upstairs, the late Lord is barely cold, clues to more possible attacks, and the more pressing matter to mention is her new title and that she takes the vacant seat on the council?" Colvyn looks exasperated. "You people put too much importance on politics."


Male HP:16/25 AC:21 T:16 FF:16 F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 Perc:+8 Init:+6 Rapier +9,1d4+4 CMB;+2 CMD:+16 Halfling Swashbuckler 3 (Inspired Blade)

Cade has been quiet for the most part as the other go about thier tasks.
Wow, they body is still warm....and they are pawning all over her to get her favor. F#!&ing dicks.

Once all the politics are dealt with, Cade speaks up.
Sending the goblin back as a message will not work the way you hope it will. Someone or something has banded the clans together. That is not an easy task. They had a purpose and if we let on they will just let the purpose happen sooner. That will take away our advantage. They do not know that we are on to them. We heal and follow the path that they were attempting to use.

He turns to the politicians.
You should send word to Magnimar.


Floredana Mandulescu wrote:
Turning to whoever has the journal, she presents it to the Mayor. "Here is the information we found, we've learned that..." Flo continues to summarize the information contained within as the Mayor looks it over.

Lady-Mayor Deverin looks over the Journal.

"This does not bode well. I don't recognize any of these names, but it is clear that a plan is being made to attack the town. We seem to have the core of two possible plans here, though from this we can't know which one will be used. But it's clear we need to secure the glassworks."

Lady Deverin frowns.

"What is a Quasit?" She asks. "Apparently a Quasit and 'her freaks' are below the town. I can't say I like the sound of that."

Knowledge (Planes) DC 7:
A quasit is a small minor demon, often used as a familiar for evil wizards.

Demons are outsiders from the Abyss and are chaotic evil. Like most outsiders demons usually have spell resistance, energy resistance (particularly to electricity), immunity to poison, and can only be harmed by cold iron or good weapons (or sometimes both).


Knowledge (Planes) DC 12:
Quasits are tiny creatures and can fly. They also heal quickly from wounds. They are immune to electrical damage.

Knowledge (Planes) DC 17:
Quasits have some minor spell-like abilities, most notably the ability to turn invisible at will.

Knowledge (Planes) DC 22:
Quasits can be harmed normally by either cold iron or good-aligned weapons. Their claws are poisonous.

Knowledge (Planes) DC 27:
Quasits are shape-shifters and can take the form of a few common nocturnal animals.


Cade Goodbarrel wrote:

He turns to the politicians.

You should send word to Magnimar.

"You will recall we sent Constable Hemlock to Magnimar already, just a few days ago. Hopefully his reinforcements will arrive soon."


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

The tied up goblin pipes up.

"Oh, hey, you want me to take a message to the goblins I can do that, not problem. I'll tell them not to attack the town. They'll listen to me for sure. Everyone always said I was the wisest goblin. Sure! Town will be safe for sure!"

The group begins organizing the construction of a barricade blocking the entrance to the Glassworks from below.

We can continue dialogue here but you have more or less achieved everything that you can physically, so now it is just a matter of deciding what to do for the rest of the day. It sounds like you guys plan to rest and then return tomorrow morning after spells and so forth have been recharged.

I'll assume that's the plan and get the next day rolling tomorrow unless I hear otherwise.


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 39/43 5NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 2/3 | Bit of Luck: 2/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/4+1 2nd 0+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 31/50

"I don't like the idea of something residing below the town either, do you have any idea of what that might mean? The sewers? Either way, we'll investigate this tunnel at sunrise, if it is all the same to you."
________
I believe we are just resting up! Maybe shopping too.


Female Wizard (Diviner/Foresight) 2 | HP 12/12 | AC 13 (17 w/ MA) : T 13 : FF 10 : CMD 14 | FC 12 : RC 14 : WC 14 : IDC 11 : BDC 10 | Init +9 | Per +4 : S.M. +0 : Low-light vision | Move 30'
weapons:
MW shortbow +5 (1d6+0) (x3); Rapier +4 (1d6+0) (18-20x2); Cracked Tangerine Pentacle (Ioun Stone) 7 charges MM 1d4+1
CONDITIONS: blessing, Mage Armor
Spells:
Prescience 7/7 (CL 2st; concentration +7) 1st (6)—identify, mage armor, unseen servant, color spray, EP, spontaneous spell; 0 (at will; Spell Power 4)—detect magic, light, read magic, prestidigitation

knowledge planes: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Lauruna starts expounding on what she knows about quasits. "We should probably get cold iron weapons as I doubt we can find magically good weapons here in Sandpoint. Also, something, a potion maybe to see invisibility would be good." She points out.


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 14/14 l 61/61hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +11 CMD23 l Atk +12 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager5 l 46/46hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +9 CMD21 l Perc +8 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +12

"We should take the fight to them!" Kargas rumbles. "Hunkering down in this village hoping we react in time to whatever they throw at us next is a fool's game. We've found their tunnel and there's no way they can know yet. The moment we're ready we should go find them and kill them all. In the meantime, Laurana's right that we should get some magic."


Male HP:16/25 AC:21 T:16 FF:16 F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 Perc:+8 Init:+6 Rapier +9,1d4+4 CMB;+2 CMD:+16 Halfling Swashbuckler 3 (Inspired Blade)
Lord Titus Scarnetti NPC wrote:
Cade Goodbarrel wrote:

He turns to the politicians.

You should send word to Magnimar.
"You will recall we sent Constable Hemlock to Magnimar already, just a few days ago. Hopefully his reinforcements will arrive soon."

Cade shakes his head with disgust.

Lord Scarnetti, I do recall that the constable was sent to Magnimar for help. With all due respect...Do you recall if he has the current information of a two prong attack by a unified goblin force that includes Bugbears. What force he may come back with could be...no will be what the Magnimars feel is enough to handle a rabble of goblins and not the danger you face at this moment. If you are able to send a rider to hopefully intercept the good constable before he gets who the f$&! am I kidding...you will just debate it back and forth as to what is going to line your f~~@ing pockets the most and the hell with the people that live here..you f%##ing ass-hat..you are such a f!!@ing dick. You can not even begin to realize the s%%~ ton of a hole you are in. back it will save time and you need all the help you can get.


Cade Goodbarrel wrote:
...back it will save time and you need all the help you can get.

"Well... a fair point. But if I know the Constable, he will argue hard for however many men he can get, regardless of the information he has available. The real question is, will Magnimar's Lord Mayor or the Ushers actually listen? And will this information actually sway them?"

"For all I know, the constable may already be on the way back here aboard Lord Valdemar's ship... uh, whatever it was called. So a man on horseback could accomplish nothing. I could send a message by carrier pigeon to my aunt in Magnimar. She might be able to help sway the council, or if the Constable has already left, she could arrange something independently."


"I believe that Lord Valdemar's ship was called the Feathermoth. But Lord Titus, if your family contracts a group of mercenaries on our behalf, then they should be in the service of the Town of Sandpoint and the League, rather than any individual house."

"I'm sure that we can persuade Lord Ethram to agree to such a proposal. After all, it would hardly be fair to expect you to pay the full burden of such a venture... otherwise I might have to hire my own mercenaries just to save face, and so might poor old Ethram. Better to have any such force under one roof, as it were."


Female Wizard (Diviner/Foresight) 2 | HP 12/12 | AC 13 (17 w/ MA) : T 13 : FF 10 : CMD 14 | FC 12 : RC 14 : WC 14 : IDC 11 : BDC 10 | Init +9 | Per +4 : S.M. +0 : Low-light vision | Move 30'
weapons:
MW shortbow +5 (1d6+0) (x3); Rapier +4 (1d6+0) (18-20x2); Cracked Tangerine Pentacle (Ioun Stone) 7 charges MM 1d4+1
CONDITIONS: blessing, Mage Armor
Spells:
Prescience 7/7 (CL 2st; concentration +7) 1st (6)—identify, mage armor, unseen servant, color spray, EP, spontaneous spell; 0 (at will; Spell Power 4)—detect magic, light, read magic, prestidigitation

Luarana decided to chime in at that point, "Lords, if you please. If we are to face a devil in the depths of Sandpoint, perhaps you could, at the very least, give us the proper tools to do so. Specialized weapons are hard to come by, I figure, but surely your great families have some that we could use. After all, if Sandpoint is overrun with goblins and devils, your families have the most to lose." She said her bit and was already thinking of the need to talk with her mother. Laurana was feeling much more capable in her spell casting and needed some teaching.


"What is it you need?" Asks the mayor.


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 39/43 5NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 2/3 | Bit of Luck: 2/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/4+1 2nd 0+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 31/50

"That would be most gracious my lady, any help would be appreciated!"

Once Laurana and anyone else had said their piece, Flo makes her way out of the building and into the marketplace. Just a few things to sell... Maybe something to buy too! "I've got a few errands to run, shall we meet up at the Rusty Dragon for dinner?" she offers, giddy that this mess is over with for a moment and they can all sit down and have a normal meal.
________
Diplomacy (Aid Another): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Good thinking Laurana! Ready to move on when y'all are.


Female Wizard (Diviner/Foresight) 2 | HP 12/12 | AC 13 (17 w/ MA) : T 13 : FF 10 : CMD 14 | FC 12 : RC 14 : WC 14 : IDC 11 : BDC 10 | Init +9 | Per +4 : S.M. +0 : Low-light vision | Move 30'
weapons:
MW shortbow +5 (1d6+0) (x3); Rapier +4 (1d6+0) (18-20x2); Cracked Tangerine Pentacle (Ioun Stone) 7 charges MM 1d4+1
CONDITIONS: blessing, Mage Armor
Spells:
Prescience 7/7 (CL 2st; concentration +7) 1st (6)—identify, mage armor, unseen servant, color spray, EP, spontaneous spell; 0 (at will; Spell Power 4)—detect magic, light, read magic, prestidigitation

"Ah, cold iron or magically weapons aligned with the gods of good. Just borrowing of course." She tried to answer diplomatically.

diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 11


M Ifrit Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4 | HP 32/32 | AC16 : T11 : FF15 : CMD17 : CMB+6 | F+3 : R+5 : W+3 | Init +5| Per +5 : SM +3 : Darkvision 60': Move 30' |
Magic!:
Bard Performances: 11/13 |Spells: 0) Spark, Ghost sound, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights | 4/4/day 1) Cure Lt Wounds, Grease, Dazzling Blade, Vanish | 2/2/day 2) Bladed Dash, Heroism

(aid diplomacy): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 14/14 l 61/61hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +11 CMD23 l Atk +12 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager5 l 46/46hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +9 CMD21 l Perc +8 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +12

"Or we could just hit it, like really hard," Kargas mutters, but his heart isn't in it. "I'm gonna make sure Ameiko gets home okay."

Also ready to move on.


Laurana Kanan wrote:
"Ah, cold iron or magically weapons aligned with the gods of good. Just borrowing of course."

"Hmmm... I don't think I would have anything like that just... 'lying around.' I can't recall having needed such things before. But Father Zantus might be able to mix something up for you. Or Das Korvut might have something made from cold iron."

The way NPC wealth works, for someone to have a +1 holy longsword lying around would require them to have a level in the mid-teens. NPCs have a lot less gear than PCs of the same level.

Let's move ahead.


Ameiko is still groggy when you return to the Rusty Dragon. Bethana comes to the door in a hurry, hands wringing.

"Oh, thank heavens! Lady Ameiko's all right! I was so worried. Let's get you warm and get some soup into you now..." Bethana fusses over Ameiko as you bring her up to her chambers and tuck her in.

Once Ameiko is resting comfortably Bethana comes down.

"I heard that an army of goblins was mustering in the glassworks. And Lord Lonjiku's dead. Is that true? They've got the whole place sealed off. It was her brother that was to blame, wasn't it? Oh, I never trusted that man."


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Guys: You can roleplay with folks if you want but nothing significant is going to happen today. If you plan to do any shopping let me know who you want to see:

Father Zantus or any of the priests at the Cathedral could set you up with cleric potions, scrolls, and holy water.

Ilosari Gandethus at the Turandarok Academy could do the same with sorcerer/wizard scrolls and potions.

Cyrdak Drokkus at the Sandpoint Theatre could do something similar with bard scrolls, though his selection will be more limited.

Madame Mvashti could set you up with a druidic item or two (but her supply would be pretty limited too).

Das Korvut of the Red Dog Smithy is the main armorer and weaponcrafter in town.

Lars Rovanky of the Rovanky Tannery is the guy to go to for leather armor and gear.

Alver Podiker of the The Pillbug's Pantry sells potions and alchemical items, as does Nisk Tander of Bottled Solutions.


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 39/43 5NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 2/3 | Bit of Luck: 2/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/4+1 2nd 0+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 31/50

After leaving Ameiko in the care of Bethana Corwin, Flo heads out to Father Zantus in the Cathedral. "Father Zantus, if you have a moment. What I have learned troubles me and I must be away from my duties here for a while longer. We have learned that there is a tunnel the goblins have used to bypass the wall within the Glassworks. Tomorrow we intend to investigate the tunnel. In preparation for our task, may I purchase one of your wands? Specifically, a wand of Bless. Desna's grace has been invaluable to us and I wish to always be able to guide my friend's with her approval," Flo explains to the Father, hoping her appearance has recovered enough since the wild events of the morning. I could be more flexible in my preparations too, Tsuto almost ended Kargas! A Shield of Faith might have proven invaluable.
________
That's the only purchase I'd like to make, 150gp for a wand of bless. I do want to talk to Das Korvut afterwards though. Not that I have the gold, but who would I have to talk to if I were looking for a wondrous item or a metamagic rod?


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 14/14 l 61/61hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +11 CMD23 l Atk +12 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager5 l 46/46hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +9 CMD21 l Perc +8 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +12

Satisfied that Ameiko is in good hands, Kargas stalks his way to the Red Dog Smithy, a murderous glint in his eyes. Shouldering his way through the door, he unslings his baldric and lays the sheathed falchion on the counter.

"I need a weapon, the best you've got," the half-orc says simply. "Another falchion would be best, but anything big and heavy will do."


M Ifrit Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4 | HP 32/32 | AC16 : T11 : FF15 : CMD17 : CMB+6 | F+3 : R+5 : W+3 | Init +5| Per +5 : SM +3 : Darkvision 60': Move 30' |
Magic!:
Bard Performances: 11/13 |Spells: 0) Spark, Ghost sound, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights | 4/4/day 1) Cure Lt Wounds, Grease, Dazzling Blade, Vanish | 2/2/day 2) Bladed Dash, Heroism

any chance I can find a mw suit of studded leather or hide shirt, or a mw hvy shield? and we each have near 1000 gold? Am I reading that right?


Male HP:16/25 AC:21 T:16 FF:16 F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 Perc:+8 Init:+6 Rapier +9,1d4+4 CMB;+2 CMD:+16 Halfling Swashbuckler 3 (Inspired Blade)

Cade makes his way to the red-dog smithy. He keeps Bellum with him as he is not sure how secured the town is from the Goblins. The new information has him on edge and he wishes to remain prepared.
He enters with the small chain shirt that was taken form the goblins.
Evening, I was pointed in this direction about armor. I am told that you know your stuff when it comes to Armor. I have this chains shirt that need some looking at. I am no armorer but I was hoping to get it fixed...umm like toss it in a sand barrel to remove the rust, replace any links...making it better than it is now. Is that something you are willing to do?


Female Wizard (Diviner/Foresight) 2 | HP 12/12 | AC 13 (17 w/ MA) : T 13 : FF 10 : CMD 14 | FC 12 : RC 14 : WC 14 : IDC 11 : BDC 10 | Init +9 | Per +4 : S.M. +0 : Low-light vision | Move 30'
weapons:
MW shortbow +5 (1d6+0) (x3); Rapier +4 (1d6+0) (18-20x2); Cracked Tangerine Pentacle (Ioun Stone) 7 charges MM 1d4+1
CONDITIONS: blessing, Mage Armor
Spells:
Prescience 7/7 (CL 2st; concentration +7) 1st (6)—identify, mage armor, unseen servant, color spray, EP, spontaneous spell; 0 (at will; Spell Power 4)—detect magic, light, read magic, prestidigitation

Laurana followed the others as they seemed to know what there were doing. She was hoping to find cold iron arrow heads. After that, it would be off to the academy.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow
Floredana Mandulescu wrote:
...who would I have to talk to if I were looking for a wondrous item or a metamagic rod?

Father Zantus and Ilosari Gandethus are the only ones actually likely to have anything lying around. You could also commission such items from them or from Madame Mvashti.


M Ifrit Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4 | HP 32/32 | AC16 : T11 : FF15 : CMD17 : CMB+6 | F+3 : R+5 : W+3 | Init +5| Per +5 : SM +3 : Darkvision 60': Move 30' |
Magic!:
Bard Performances: 11/13 |Spells: 0) Spark, Ghost sound, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights | 4/4/day 1) Cure Lt Wounds, Grease, Dazzling Blade, Vanish | 2/2/day 2) Bladed Dash, Heroism

Visiting the tannery first, Rig comes away with a well-made suit of leather. He's pleased that it seems a little less constricting, although he hopes the tighter fit doesn't give any more merchant's daughters any ideas. He still kind of sore over his last encounter with an angry father.

With a sigh, he heads over to the Red Dog Smithy. Kargas is already there, so he hangs out a bit, perusing shields. When Das is finally free, he buys one of the shields off of him and asks, "Any chance you've got a nice scimitar lying around? This one's good, but it's edge is a little dull. I'm hoping for one that will stand up a bit better to goblin cleaving."


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Okay guys, let's go through these one at a time.


Floredana Mandulescu wrote:
"...may I purchase one of your wands? Specifically, a wand of Bless..."

"Father Julius is our resident wand-maker. That was never a talent I could master. Let's go talk to him."

Father Zantus leads you down to the basement, past the wine cellar. There is a small chamber adjacent to that. He knocks on the door.

"Father Julius?"


The door swings open and a fusty old man stands beyond.

"I keep telling you, Zantus, it's Banker, not Father. Now what do you want?"

After Father Zantus explains, Father Banker Julius looks Floredana up and down.

"Right, wands. Yes, yes. Bless. Good spell to have. Let me see."

1d4 ⇒ 4

He turns back into his room, and eyes you suspiciously. He closes the door most of the way so you cannot see within. But you can hear the sound of a key going into a lock and some rummaging. Eventually you hear the lock again, and he returns to the door, holding a wand that looks a lot like a long brass key, with teeth at one end and a handle at the other.

"Here you are, m'dear, only 150 gold pieces. I'll take silver if you prefer that, at a 5% surcharge. I'm quite happy to make them to order; a first level wand like this will take me only a day. Happy to do that for repeat customers."


Kargas Stormscar wrote:
"I need a weapon, the best you've got," the half-orc says simply. "Another falchion would be best, but anything big and heavy will do."

"Well, hello again! I was wondering when you folks would come round and see me."

1d4 ⇒ 2

"Let's see what I've got for you." Das looks over the weapon racks behind him. "This should do... it's in the old Taldan style rather than the orcish style, but the balance should be about the same."

He has a masterwork steel falchion for 150 gp.

Cade Goodbarrel wrote:
...I am no armorer but I was hoping to get it fixed...umm like toss it in a sand barrel to remove the rust, replace any links...

"Sure, I can clean that up for ye, no trouble. No charge since your friend here's already buying. Pick it up tomorrow."

The goblin's chain shirt was already masterwork here. So there's no mechanical change.

Rig Veda wrote:
"Any chance you've got a nice scimitar lying around? This one's good, but it's edge is a little dull. I'm hoping for one that will stand up a bit better to goblin cleaving."

1d4 ⇒ 4

"We have a few priests of Sarenrae here so I like to keep one in stock... ah, yes. Here we are. This one's in fine shape. It's not my own work... I bought it off an Ulfen sailor. Said he got it down south."

He has a masterwork steel scimitar for 45 gp.

Laurana Kanan wrote:
Laurana followed the others as they seemed to know what there were doing. She was hoping to find cold iron arrow heads. After that, it would be off to the academy.

"Cold Iron arrowheads, sure. I've got about fifty. If you just want the heads you can have them for a gold piece each, or I could fletch them for you for one more gold. How many do you want?"

If you fletch them yourself you would need to make a craft roll. DC 18 to make them masterwork. If he does it they are masterwork arrows automatically.


Laurana Kanan wrote:
After that, it would be off to the academy.

"Hello, Laurana! Yes, I think we can find you a teacher for those spells. It shouldn't be difficult."

Since those are spells from the CRB I'm going to just assume that they are available rather than rolling.

"I could have some of our apprentices teach them to you. Just two gold pieces per spell."


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 39/43 5NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 2/3 | Bit of Luck: 2/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/4+1 2nd 0+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 31/50

Flo graciously takes the wand and provides Julius with his payment. "Thank you Banker Julius, I will be sure to remember you when I need another wand! Do you produce other goods for purchase? It is unlikely that I can afford much else right now, but it is good to know my options for the future!" She says as she tucks the key-like wand into one of her pockets.


BUFFS: none CONDITIONS: none
RAGING:
Rounds per Day 14/14 l 61/61hp l F +11 R +5 W +5 l AC18 Touch10 FF16 CMB +11 CMD23 l Atk +12 Dmg 2d4+10
Half-Orc CN Bloodrager5 l 46/46hp l F +8 R +5 W +3 l AC20 Touch12 FF18 CMB +9 CMD21 l Perc +8 l Darkvision 60ft l Init +3 l Spd30ft l Intimidate +12

The half-orc unsheathes the weapon, gauging its heft and balance before testing its edge with his thumb. Grinning at Korvut, he slides his old weapon across the counter, after counting out the difference in coins.

"I could use a backup too, a knife and a Morningstar should be good." I'll deduct the gold from my share, we've each got ~310 yeah?


M Ifrit Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4 | HP 32/32 | AC16 : T11 : FF15 : CMD17 : CMB+6 | F+3 : R+5 : W+3 | Init +5| Per +5 : SM +3 : Darkvision 60': Move 30' |
Magic!:
Bard Performances: 11/13 |Spells: 0) Spark, Ghost sound, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights | 4/4/day 1) Cure Lt Wounds, Grease, Dazzling Blade, Vanish | 2/2/day 2) Bladed Dash, Heroism

Rig takes a few test swings with the scimitar. "Oh, yes. This will do nicely. Well worth it. Thanks," he says with a little bow as he hands over his coins.


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 3 / Trapper 2 | hp 26/34 | AC18 T15 FF 14 CMD 14 | Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +12 (+3 vs traps) D.D +12 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition: Diseased
Spoiler:
Blessing: 3/4, Fervor 1d6 1/3 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith

Colvyn walks into the Red Dog Smithy just as Das Korvut mentions that he has cold iron arrowheads. "Ah, good. Just what I was looking for. I'll take them all. And yes, if you can fletch them that would be great." It takes him a minute before he realises that the man was talking to Laurana. "Oh, hum, you want to go halfsies?"


Male HP:16/25 AC:21 T:16 FF:16 F:+2 R:+8 W:+2 Perc:+8 Init:+6 Rapier +9,1d4+4 CMB;+2 CMD:+16 Halfling Swashbuckler 3 (Inspired Blade)
Das Korvut said: wrote:


"Sure, I can clean that up for ye, no trouble. No charge since your friend here's already buying. Pick it up tomorrow."

Thank you kindly.


Female Wizard (Diviner/Foresight) 2 | HP 12/12 | AC 13 (17 w/ MA) : T 13 : FF 10 : CMD 14 | FC 12 : RC 14 : WC 14 : IDC 11 : BDC 10 | Init +9 | Per +4 : S.M. +0 : Low-light vision | Move 30'
weapons:
MW shortbow +5 (1d6+0) (x3); Rapier +4 (1d6+0) (18-20x2); Cracked Tangerine Pentacle (Ioun Stone) 7 charges MM 1d4+1
CONDITIONS: blessing, Mage Armor
Spells:
Prescience 7/7 (CL 2st; concentration +7) 1st (6)—identify, mage armor, unseen servant, color spray, EP, spontaneous spell; 0 (at will; Spell Power 4)—detect magic, light, read magic, prestidigitation

"Ah, fletched please." The young elf handed over 20 gold for 10 cold iron arrows. She figured if the fight with the imp went longer than that, she would be dead and wouldnt need any more.

Later that day.

Luarana had spent the better part of the day researching spells and combing through spellbooks. Satisfied with what she found, she paid the 4 gold for two spells she copied into her own book and retreated to her room at the inn to continue studying the items they had found.

Laurana will use two identify spells. The jar and the first unidentified ioun stone
jar: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24
ioun: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 39/43 5NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 2/3 | Bit of Luck: 2/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/4+1 2nd 0+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 31/50

With her business concluded, Flo makes her way to Das Korvut. "Hello! I don't know if you remember me, but my name is Floredana Mandulescu. My friends and I have come across several pieces of goblin style gear and are likely to continue to do so in the future. Is this type of equipment something you can work with or are we better off throwing it all in the dump?" Flo asks. If we can strike a deal with him, that'd be perfect!


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Laurana is able to identify both items.

The the pickled bird inside the jar can be downed like a potion (with a single bite) and will provide a small amount of healing (As CLW, 1d8+1 HP) and also removes one of the following conditions: fatigued, shaken, sickened. However, the bird is rather noxious, and the user must make a DC 11 Fortitude save or be sickened for 1 minute. This means that a character can eat a bird to remove the sickened condition, only to be sickened by the bird. Laurana suspects that since goblins can eat almost anything, they may be immune to this secondary effect.

If you found someone who made them they would likely cost 20 gp per bird.

The stone...

Green, Red, Yellow: 1d3 ⇒ 2

... is a cracked deep red sphere ioun stone which will grant the user a +1 competence bonus to acrobatics checks.


Realized I never answered this one.

Floredana Mandulescu wrote:
"...Is this type of equipment something you can work with or are we better off throwing it all in the dump?" Flo asks...

"There's no a lot of demand for goblin-made gear, but sometimes I can ship it off to Magnimar. There's a lot more people there, and even though it's made for goblins, halflings and gnomes can use 'em just fine. So occasionally they need gear and buy them because they're looking for a bargain."

Das has already bought the goblin stuff you brought and will continue to do so, but non-masterwork gear will only be sold at 0.25 of it's normal price insetad of 0.5.


That evening, Ameiko comes down to the common room, carrying a small box. Though she looks worn, she smiles at the group.

"Hi there," she says shyly.

"I'm sorry you had to go through all that on my account... my brother, you see..." she stops, unsure what to say.

"I really tried to help him. He wasn't always like that. But to work with goblins like that... I know he crossed the line. I just wish I could have done something."

"Tsuto told me that he had got Father to use his influence to have the guard roster reduced during the Swalowtail Festival. So that 'more of the the guards could enjoy the festival.' He said he had some kind of leverage over father, though I don't know what it was. Father probably thought Tsuto planned to do some smuggling and needed an opening. I can't imagine that he knew it would be goblins that exploited the weakened defenses."

"So... I know I didn't properly thank you for saving me. After what happened between us, Tsuto... well, he probably would have had to kill me. He just needed time to work himself up to it. So... thank you. For saving my life."

She places the box onto the counter and opens it. Inside are a variety of flasks and bottles.

"This is a bunch of stuff from my adventuring days. I haven't opened this box in a year or so, but it all should still be good. It's all yours. You folks should get better use out of it than I will."

"And while we're at it, as long as I run the Rusty Dragon, your money's no good here. You can stay as long as you want."

The box contains:
* 3 alkali flasks
* 1 flask of alchemist's fire
* 1 flask of bottled lightning
* 1 flask of liquid ice
* 2 flasks of holy water
* 1 flask of Antiplague
* 1 flask of Antitoxin
* 5 sunrods


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

27th of Rova, 4707 AR

The day dawns bleary and windy, but yesterday's rains have stopped. After making preparations (whatever you need to do before going back) the party returns to the glassworks. The pair of guards stationed there report that nothing untoward happened overnight. The group enters the passageway.

Knowledge (local) or (engineering) DC 15:
The passage here was definitely made by humans and not goblins. It is decades old.

The mysterious passage runs roughly north-by-northeast, stopping at a four-way junction. The walls are stone and dirt and reinforced with wooden beams. At the juntion, passages branch off to the east and west, though the western passage was once bricked up, though this barrier has been breached fairly recently.

Choosing to explore the non-bricked passages first, the group ventures down the eastern passage, but after about 400 feet they find that the tunnel has collapsed. It would be a major engineering undertaking to open it again.

The northern passage travels roughly 1750 feet in total, and ends at a dead end. But Colvyn easily spots a hidden door in the end of the passage, and this leads to a small 30-foot diameter cave whose mouth overlooks the Varisian Gulf. The cave mouth slopes down to a narrow beach; no Survival check is required to note the crude collection of goblin beds or remnants of their meals strewn about the cave. The beach is at the eastern end of Junker's beach and the mouth of the cavern will only be visible at low tide.

The western passage (which was bricked up) goes west for perhaps 100 feet and then turns north, where shortly thereafter it emerges into a small natural cavern of some kind.


Revival of the Runelords Slideshow

Okay, here's what I need from you guys:

1. What are you using for light? Who will carry the light sources?
2. What is your marching order? There will be a number of narrow corridors (the tunnel you came by was about 5' wide) so I need a single file order but a double file order wouldn't hurt either.
3. Are you going to stick together as a group or will someone sneak ahead to scout?
4. Do you want to establish some standard procedures (like what will you do when you encounter a door)? These SOPs can speed up the game. Usually I assume that if there is no threat visible then people are searching for secret doors, traps, etc.


Undine Varisian Pilgrim 5 | HP: 39/43 5NL | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 CMD: 16| F: +7 R: +4 W: +10 +2vsCharms/Compulsions| Init +7 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +12; Darkvision 60ft | Move 40 [50]
Tracked Resources:
Reach 2/3 | Bit of Luck: 2/7 | Agile Feet: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 3+0/4+1 2nd 0+1/3+1 3rd 2+1/2+1 | Channel Positive Energy 1/3 | Bless 31/50

"Thank you so much Ameiko!" Flo exclaims, giving her a warm hug. These should be useful!

Walking silently as she braces herself against the wind with the others, the dreariness of the day and thoughts of the work ahead stems her appetite for conversation. When she arrives at the tunnel, she pulls her hood down and unbinds her cloak, turning towards Cade. "Would you and Belum like some light for our travels?" Flo then draws her starknife and waits for her friends to finish their preparations. For the people of Sandpoint...
________
Flo can provide her light cantrip to one person, but does not need light herself. Flo would like to be in the middle somewhere so she more or less has access to the rest of the party.

1,401 to 1,450 of 4,444 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Revival of the Runelords Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.