Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


3,051 to 3,100 of 16,204 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>

Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmonds eyes widen. Undead! Nobody said anything about them. He takes strength in Karnog though. Can't get much better than a cleric when those foul beasts are around though. He steps next to Karnog, swords raised but a little wary. He glances at the tunnel to the left, then brightens up. "Drag them here, to where the tunnels meet! I'll cut them down from the back!"

When it's my turn I'll move over to the tunnel to the west, then hold a standard action to attack


Evil GM

RA Initiatve:

RA:
Karnog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Kalim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Malcolm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Grimm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Vatilda: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Desmond: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Zombies: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
skeletons: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

RA Initiative:

Skeletons
Desmond
Grimm
Karnog
Kalim
Vatilda
Malcolm
Zombies


Evil GM

Karnog's energy flows and hits all the zombies.

Z1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Z2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Z3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Z4: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

They each make their save so they take half damage for 8 HP each.

Karnog:
You recognize these variant zombies as human void zombies which move at great speed, they use longswords, slams and barbed tongues. The barbed tongue drains blood and zaps strength.

Surprise Round Summary:

Grimm casts divine favor.
Karnog channels.

MAP With channel Template in Red


Evil GM

RD 1: Skeletons

The skeletons move forward toward Grimm. You see dwarf skeletons(yellow halo) and troglodyte skeletons(orange and purple halo).

Two dwarf's clad in scale mail, swing their battle axes.

D1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21;dam: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
D2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7;dam: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

confirming crit:

D1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
x 3 if confirmed.

The second dwarf's battle axe clanks loudly against the stone wall.

The other skeletons move forward but hold their attacks waiting to fill the gaps if they occur.

RD 1 Map

DM Only:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm wants to smash the skeleton to bits,
but no need to fight 2 at a time.
He WITHDRAWS to -AK14 where the frontage only allows 1 foe at a time.


Evil GM

Grimm, and others, make sure you keep your HP's updated on the stat line this will make it easier for me to track. Thanks.


Evil GM

RD 1: Update

Skeletons -moved up, one hit Grimm for 8HP
Desmond
Grimm - withdrew to -AK,14
Karnog
Kalim
Vatilda
Malcolm
Zombies


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Let the power of the elder gods protect me," Kalim says, casting mage armor.


Evil GM

RD 1: Update

Skeletons -moved up, one hit Grimm for 8HP
Desmond
Grimm - withdrew to -AK,14
Karnog
Kalim - cast mage armor
Vatilda
Malcolm
Zombies


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Feel the Hammer of the All-Creator, foul creatures!"

Karnog channels again, intending on rendering these undead back into corpses.

3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 4) = 14 channel to damage undead, DC 14 will for half. 5/7 remain.

He moves towards the rest of the group afterwards.

"Beware the zombies' attack, they can strike with their tongues and move as quickly as a man."


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Round 1

Vatilda steps over to Grimm as her eyes darken.. She mutters briefly with the thumb of her fist to her forehead, and then touches the dwarf between the shoulder blades. "Yveldi shoss d'hwad..."

(protection from evil on Grimm)


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142
Desmond Aeros wrote:

Desmonds eyes widen. Undead! Nobody said anything about them. He takes strength in Karnog though. Can't get much better than a cleric when those foul beasts are around though. He steps next to Karnog, swords raised but a little wary. He glances at the tunnel to the left, then brightens up. "Drag them here, to where the tunnels meet! I'll cut them down from the back!"

When it's my turn I'll move over to the tunnel to the west, then hold a standard action to attack


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Round 1, Channel Positive Energy (DC 14)

Malcolm moves to AL14 (assuming that I can occupy that square next to Grimm)and channels positive energy to affect as many of the skeletons as he can.

May Abadar's light cast you away!

Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 3) = 8


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm understands the spell that was cast on him, having had it cast on him many times before, Thanks fer tha tap, girl.


Evil GM

Malcolm you need to move up closer to be able to hit the skeletons in a channel. -AK, 16 will put you in a good spot.

Map with Blue template to show Malcolm's channel if he moves to -AK,16


Evil GM

The zombies where low enough in HPs that even if they made their will save they'd be destroyed.

Skeleton saves:

D1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
D2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
D3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
troglodyte 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
troglodyte orange leader : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

The three dwarfs in the front are destroyed. The troglodytes are still up.

RD 1: Update

Skeletons -moved up, one hit Grimm for 8HP
Desmond - Desmond moves to West tunnel, -AO,7
Grimm - withdrew to -AK,14
Karnog - channels again destroying all the zombies
Kalim - cast mage armor
Vatilda - casts prot from evil on Grimm
Malcolm - I'll assume you step up to make you channel effective.
Zombies - destroyed.


Evil GM

There is beautiful song bird hymn that resonates throughout the cavern, it's captivating.

Everybody needs to make a DC 16 Will save. Mind-effecting charm. It is not fear based.


Evil GM

RD 2: Update

Skeletons -
Desmond -
Grimm -
Karnog -
Kalim -
Vatilda -
Malcolm -
Zombies - destroyed.

RD 2


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 will

"What is that sound?"


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Desmond smiles and closes his eyes, captivated by the music.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog moves towards the skeletons and channels once again.

3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 6) = 11 damage, DC 14 will for half (4/7 remain)


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Yes, I would have moved close enough to get them. Thanks

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21"Your pathetic undead have fallen as but an afterthought. Stand down for mercy."intimidate: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


Evil GM

The source of the hypnotic song is has not been revealed but those effected start to walk towards the south tunnel that had a soft light. Those effected begin heading in the most direct manner toward the source of the beautiful music.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Will save, add +2 if evil: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Hey! Are you daft? Quit walking like that!"

Are skeletons still a threat?


Evil GM

yes the skeletons are still a threat they have immunity to all mind effects.

Failed Will saves:

Desmond
Malcolm

Made Will saves:

Karnog
Vatilda
Kalim
Grimm (they are evil so your roll was boosted by 2)


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

[ooc] I'll take my actions as soon as I know what yhe the skeletons are doing [/b]


Evil GM

RD 2: Skeletons

The skeletons move up into the tunnel, two attack Malcolm (he gets two new will saves), it is apparent these skeletons are not the cause of the beautiful music though.

Trog 1, club: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23;damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Trog leader, club: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14;damage: 1d5 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

The club whacks the armored man....perhaps, knocking some sense back into him.

RD 2: Update

Skeletons - moved and attacked
Desmond - walks towards music.
Grimm -

Karnog - channel 11/5 HP, destroyed one of the Trogs, the other two look battered.

Kalim -

Vatilda -
Malcolm -
Zombies - destroyed.

Updated Map with Desmond moving and Karnog's channel template

T1 save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

T2 save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

T3 leade6 save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm moves through his allies squares to -AJ16 and Smashes the skeleton.

2 hand PA: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 1 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3) + 6 + 3 = 16


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Round 2

After Grimm works his way forward, Vatilda steps up. She levels her palm at the skeletons, and waits for a clear shot.

5'step to -AK,14
eldritch bolt - no precise shot: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 4 = 20 vs touch AC...
(skellie prolly has partial cover too?)

1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 force damage


Evil GM

The remaining two skeletons are destroyed after Grimm's and Valtilda's attacks. The whack on Malcolm does not stir him from the song floating within his head. He continues to walk forward towards the sweet captivating song.

Updated Map


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm hears the song and can see the paladin is captivated.
He sheaths his greatsword and charges at the paladin’s back and attempts to grapple his unsuspecting ally.

Cesti grapple attempt: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 = 13

Wake up ye dolt!


Evil GM
Grimm Sharpest wrote:

Grimm hears the song and can see the paladin is captivated.

He sheaths his greatsword and charges at the paladin’s back and attempts to grapple his unsuspecting ally.

Wake up ye dolt!

You already took your RD action but you would failed the grapple


Evil GM

A second softer voice floats out in perfect harmony with the first voice.

Everyone but Malcolm and Desmond need to make a Will save, DC 16.

"♫ ♪♫ Come hinder ♪♫ ♪ to learn the secrets ♪ ♪ ♪ ♫ of the pond.♪ ♪"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 will


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Will, pro frm evil: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 = 22


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24"Cloying pablum with no truth! ]


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10 failed if 1)not language dependent or 2)If out of combat. (Oracle curse)


Evil GM

Vatilda - You'd still be in combat and it is a sonic mind effecting charm. You don't need need to understand the language to hear the sound.I created the silly song and musical notes for RP'ing.


Evil GM

Anyone not effected by the song who has Knowledge Nature can make that skill check.

Those effected move closer to the musical source.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Evil GM

Although you have not seen the source of the music - yet, Grimm you have a suspicion.

Grimm:

You've heard tells of monstrous humanoid feminine beasts, with talons and wings called a harpies. Their song has the power to infect the minds of those that hear it, calling them to the harpy's side. These vile bird-women prefer their meals spiced with complex sentient thoughts, so they enjoy living near fresh meat.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Ye fools. Stop wandering around like love sick elves and fight!"


Evil GM

Desmond, Malcolm pick up their pace as they move towards the sound.

Vatilda did you fail your save?

What is everyone else going to do as your companions head into that southern tunnel?

Desmond and Malcolm:

The harmonious song dances in your head.

Enchanted phosphorescence glows from a pool of hazy amber liquid. It illuminates a haggard, mossy tree, and ten moss-covered statues
along the walls. The statues are humanoid, being from 10 ft. to 18 ft. tall. The centermost is a figure of a six-armed human, pointing to the east.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Duncan calls to his unaffected companions,
Might be harpies. Smash em an they'll shut up.

Grimm casts Divine Favor and moves towards the sound with the others, hoping to find a charge line!


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Harpies? Never heard of em."

Assuming the worst, Karnog casts barkskin on himself and moves up with Grimm.

AC now 23/11/22


Evil GM

Malcolm, Desmond and Vatilda scurry on into a massive cavern while their three comrades turn down the the southern tunnel.

"♫ ♪♫ Walk to the water's edge ♪...wade into the restorative pond...♫♪♫ ...feel the glory in your bones. ♪♫ ♪"

What the everyone observes once they enter the southern tunnel is Enchanted phosphorescence glow from a pool of hazy amber liquid. It illuminates a haggard, mossy tree, and ten moss-covered statues along the walls. The statues are humanoid, being from 10 ft. to 18 ft. tall. The centermost is a figure of a six-armed human, pointing to the east.

Sitting on top of four statutes are four feral looking tattered winged women. One near the back the of the large cavern unfurls her wings.

Map of Harpies Den

3,051 to 3,100 of 16,204 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.