Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


1,501 to 1,550 of 16,212 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim examines his spear. "Dwarven ideas of glory have their appeal, I see. Many thanks for this fine weapon. I shall call it Su'ara kasā'ī." Second Wind again: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Evil GM

Kalim being you ran into a boar previously this spear was probably a prize possession for the goblins.

The barricades are set and the evening goes by uneventfully. There is noise coming from the southern tunnel but no probes or attacks that you are aware of. the next morning the spellcasters go about their business reading the battle to come.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Let's save some children, yes?"


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

When everyone is ready, we pull the barricades into the hoard room. We'll take a couple minute breather to listen down the tunnel. Then, Argrim takes point down the unexplored tunnel with battleaxe in hand.

It would be a shame for someone not to use the magic buckler


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

If no-one else wants it, Karnog will use the buckler. It's of a parity with his current AC, and will free up his hand even more should he need to do something, like carry his lasso.

"Saving the captives is our priority, yes. Be on the lookout for more tough goblins, though. I have a feeling we will see more of the same, if not worse."

Resources Remaining:

Spoiler:

1st: ant haul, protection from evil, shield(d)
2nd: lesser restoration, barkskin(d)
Scrolls: CLW (8), scroll of ant haul (3), scroll of comprehend languages (2), scroll of detect undead, scroll of endure elements (2), scroll of hide from undead (2), scroll of magic weapon (2), scroll of obscuring mist, scroll of remove fear
Potions: Potions: CLW (3; 1d8+3) CLW (1d8+1), CMW (2; 2d8+6), magic weapon, anti-toxin
Channels: 4/4
Deflection Aura: 1/1


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:
If no-one else wants it, Karnog will use the buckler. It's of a parity with his current AC, and will free up his hand even more should he need to do something, like carry his lasso.

...or cast a spell with a weapon still in hand.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Forgot, I was using a light shield for that reason, so +1 buckler actually bumped his AC up by 1.


Evil GM

Buckler:

Buckler

This small metal shield is worn strapped to your forearm. You can use a bow or crossbow without penalty while carrying it.

Benefit: You can also use your shield arm to wield a weapon (whether you are using an off-hand weapon or using your off hand to help wield a two-handed weapon), but you take a –1 penalty on attack rolls while doing so. This penalty stacks with those that may apply for fighting with your off hand and for fighting with two weapons. In any case, if you use a weapon in your off hand, you lose the buckler's Armor Class bonus until your next turn. You can cast a spell with somatic components using your shield arm, but you lose the buckler's Armor Class bonus until your next turn. You can't make a shield bash with a buckler.

Remember using a buckler does have a couple nuances.


Evil GM

When everyone is geared up and ready to go Argrim takes point. The tunnel remains wide enough to wear armor Argrim you see barrels blocking the way. Argrim make a perception check.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 (+1 vs. traps & +2 unusual stone)


Evil GM

DM:

stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Argrim you see the cave slope down another 15 feet lower in 15 foot section of tunnel, so its noticeable and there are barrels at the end of the tunnel. You catch the glint of an steel arrow tip between the barrels.
Congrats you avoided a surprise round.


Evil GM

Initiative:

RA
Karnog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Varl: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Argrim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Rammellorn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Kalim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Vatlida: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Nibbfir: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Goblins archers: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Goblin Body Guards: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Goblin Boss: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

MAP

During Round 1: The battle is limited to:

Goblin Archer
Argrim

Thereafter this is the Initiative Order:

Nibb
GB Bodyguards
Vatilda
Kalim
GB Archers
Argrim
Karnog
GB Boss
Rammellorn
Varl


Evil GM

RD 1: Archer

The archer and Argrim stare each other down for a brief second before the archer's arrow flies at the flat footed dwarf;

Rapid shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 2 = 22;damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Rapid shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 2 = 21;damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The arrows appear to strike the sleak dwarf.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Full round action in surprise round?


Evil GM
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:
Full round action in surprise round?

As mentioned 4 posts above it is not a surprise round for Argrim.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Ah, my bad. Misread the order there.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Round 1

"OUCH!" Argrim exclaims as two arrows graze him. He moves back through the line and squeezes with Nibb and calls for his wand from his haversack. He then explains the setup of the barrels and archer to the group.

"We need something that can attack over or through that barrel barricade. Ramm may be able to attack over it with his longaxe, but if it doesn't work he's exposed." Does anyone have a grenade or flamethrower?

"And it would be great if someone can easily use my cure wand to zap me with it."
_________________________________________
Move to T14 squeezing with Nibb
Move to ready Wand of CLW in hand
Free to talk


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim focuses on his connection to otherworldly powers, calling forth a translucent, bulbous, sickly-green mage armor.


Evil GM

RD 2: Begins

Nibb
GB Bodyguards
Vatilda
Kalim - cast mage armor
GB Archers
Argrim
Karnog
GB Boss
Rammellorn
Varl

The battle map hasn't changed since RD 1, so just click on that on. I'll update once some actions occur.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Rammelorn, I can strengthen your skin to ward off blows!"

Karnog casts protection from evil, holding the charge and squeezing into the tunnel to deliver the touch.


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Okay. Rammellorn responds to Karnog.

With no clear shot at the goblin, Rammellorn grips his long axe waiting for a chance to reach beyond the barrels and slice the pestilence.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Protection from Evil (just as a reminder)


Goblin NPC

RD 2:

The GB body guards are doing things out of view.

GB archers are holding until someone is in sight.

GB Boss is doing things out of view.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Round 2

Vatilda begins muttering. Keeping her mace at her hip, she gestures and thumbs her forehead.

Cast bless on group (+1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects for 3 minutes)

>map repost<


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Round 2

Argrim shrugs as no one takes his wand. He attempts to activate it closing the two arrow wounds. It fizzles. "Little help?"
__________________________________________
Use Magic Device DC 20: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Rammellorn lays hands upon Agrim.

heal: 1d6 ⇒ 2

You should've let me go first you thick-headed mule. I got those barrels over last time.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

"Thanks. You'll thank me next time when there's a trap instead of a goblin barricade."


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Can anyone shield Agrim with magic, while we rush the barricade?


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

"Mister Argrim, hand over the wand to me! Maybe I can help you with it."

Can Nibb use the wand of CLW without the UMD check, since he already knows the spell?


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Yes, you can certainly trigger the wand without UMD, since the spell is on your list. You might be able to take and return the offered wand within one round if Baldwin lets you.


Evil GM

I'll let him take, use, and return the wand in a round but he'll expend a move action and his standard action. You don't have the quick draw feat. Why give it back at this point...he may need to hang on to it.

drawing wands:

Draw or Sheathe a Weapon

Drawing a weapon so that you can use it in combat, or putting it away so that you have a free hand, requires a move action. This action also applies to weapon-like objects carried in easy reach, such as wands. If your weapon or weapon-like object is stored in a pack or otherwise out of easy reach, treat this action as retrieving a stored item.

If you have a base attack bonus of +1 or higher, you may draw a weapon as a free action combined with a regular move.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim has no problem with Nibb hanging on to the wand. In this case, the wand is not starting in a holster, sheath, or bandolier. The wand is being held in front of him, which is why I've had this action be judged as less than an move action in other games. Cheers!


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Aye, I know another blessing to protect, one that will thicken his skin. Let me get to ya, Argrim!"


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Argrim, which is the CL for the wand?


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1
Nibbfir Grumepgarth wrote:
Argrim, which is the CL for the wand?

1st


Evil GM

RD 2:

Nibb - took CLW wand
GB Bodyguards - undisclosed actions out of sight
Vatilda - cast bless
Kalim - cast mage armor
GB Archers - held
Argrim - tried to use CLW but fizzled
Karnog - Prot from Evil on Rammelorn
GB Boss -undisclosed action out of sight
Rammellorn - lay hands on healed Argrim HP 2
Varl - remains in the back protecting the rear.

RD 3:

Nibb
GB Bodyguards
Vatilda
Kalim - cast mage armor
GB Archers
Argrim
Karnog
GB Boss
Rammellorn
Varl

Tell me how, if at all, that you've shuffled your line up.

[url=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82609289/Rappan%20Athuk/Goblin%20Cave%20scene/goblin%20cave%20remake%20%2838%29.png[/url]


Goblin NPC

RD 3: GB Bodyguards

The goblin bodyguards remain ready to act waiting for a breach.


Evil GM

MAP RD 3

Advise if you've changed your position in the line.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Speaking out of turn

Argrim asks while waiting for Nibb to trigger his cure wand, "Do we seriously have no better idea past this barricade than a dwarven, frontal assault? Nothing magical from range? Really?"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Can I see the archer? Even if behind cover?


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"One would think you would have been harder to detect, but then you are dwarves, even if a sneaky one. Let me forward and I'll deal with the wretch."


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Dwarven frontal assault is my favorite tactic.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
"One would think you would have been harder to detect, but then you are dwarves, even if a sneaky one. Let me forward and I'll deal with the wretch."

"Hey now. I can't very well be sneaky with this dwarf right behind me." Argrim testily replies thumbing at Ramm.

Argrim is currently squeezing in T14.


Evil GM

Kalim you mentioned moving forward but did not disclose where to so I moved you to the front of the line.

Karnog which hex are you in when you try to see? Most Perception checks are reactionary but intentionally looking for an archer considered a moved action. I assume Argrim mentioned the goblin is behind cover and has firing slots that is how he saw the goblin.

Perception:

Action

Most Perception checks are reactive, made in response to observable stimulus. Intentionally searching for stimulus is a move action. CRB 102

RD 3:

Nibb
GB Bodyguards - ready to act with a breach
Vatilda
Kalim - moves forward
GB Archers
Argrim
Karnog
GB Boss
Rammellorn
Varl

MAP


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Standing behind Argrim, Nibb uses the magic wand, and channel the healing magic toward the battered dwarf.

"There you go!"

Cure Light Wounds:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

And then, he would look up for any enemies ahead.

Perception check:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

"Thank you, master gnome."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Never mind, I forgot we were around a corner.

"Feh. Let's just burn the little buggers out."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Make sure we announce aloud what we're doing."


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim readies himself for the upcoming battle... for lack of anything better to do.
_______________________________________________
Swift to start Crane Style


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Round 3

Once the arrows flew Vatilda began to lose comprehension of common Taldane. Seeing Argrim receiving attention she imbues him with a protective aura.

Protection from Evil on Argrim for 3 minutes

1,501 to 1,550 of 16,212 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.