Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


1,451 to 1,500 of 16,214 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Evil GM

RD : 5 mid-rd summary

Initiative Order:

Mimic - hit vatilda
Vatilda - stabilized
Karnog - moved then ?
Argrim - hit for 14 HP, weapon is stuck
Rammellorn -
Nibb
Kalim - RTA hit for 4 Hp
Varl -


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Rammellorn moves quickly to get behind Agrim and then readies his axe for a chop. Double move to behind Agrim, then prepare to chop the chest.


Evil GM

Here is an updated map, I enlarged Argrim, He now takes up most the area. Agrim can straddle the chasm but the rest of you can't do that without a risk of falling in. Acro check.

REVISED MAP

Argrim on the bright spot you no longer have a risk of falling in the crevice.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog channels energy to heal his allies. (Mimic should be out of the range).

2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6 healing to all within 30' & LoE.


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Rammellorn stands ready to chop the chest, but with yhe crevasse, he may have to come up with another plan.


Evil GM

Varl follows Rammellorn.

RD : 6

Initiative Order:

Mimic -
Vatilda -
Karnog -
Argrim -
Rammellorn -
Nibb
Kalim -
Varl -

MAP RD 6


Evil GM

RD 6:

The battered mimic makes another attack on Argrim:

slam: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17;damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
constrict damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Round 6

The large and enraged Argrim feels refreshed by a wave of positive energy called by Karnog before he blocks a slam from the mimic and kicks it in reply.
_____________________________________________________
Standard action: defensively attack one-handed with battleaxe with -2 due to grappled
defensively attack: 1d20 + 4 - 2 - 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 2 - 2 + 1 - 1 = 5
Reflex: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 1 = 25
if hit, damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6
Current AC=20, touch=16, flat-footed=14 [normal -2 Dex (Grappled) +2 Dodge (from Deep Warrior) -1 Dex & -1 size (Enlarge Person)]; and does not deflect one melee attack per round
Current CMD=20 [normal +4 Dodge (fighting defensively) -2 Dex (Grappled) +2 Dodge (Deep Warrior vs. grapple) -1 Dex +1 size (Enlarge Person)]


Evil GM

Argrim, Vatilda and Kalim make you add in the healing form Karnog's channel?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"That was the last time I can channel the healing of Torag today. Use his shield to protect yourselves."

Activate deflection aura, everyone in 30' gets +2 deflection to AC for 3 rounds.

0/4 channels remain
0/1 deflection auras remain


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Nibb put the Everfull Mug again into the haversack (a move or standar action?). Takes a few steps, trying to leave the mimic long arm's reach (a 5-feet step towards Rammellorn)

"I beg your pardon, Mr. Rammellorn."

and then he draws his crossbow again with his remaining action for the round, aiming at the mimic.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim again tries stabbing with his trusty longspear. Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Rammellorn focuses intently on the chest, trying to avoid the ogre-sized Agrim, he chops at the nuisance item.

long axe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

crit confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

nuts.


Evil GM

The mimic is destroyed with Rammellorn's attack.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim grabs his battleaxe before it unsticks and slides down the crevasse breathing a sigh of relief. "Well, that was unpleasant."

When he fully unsticks from mimic, he fist bumps Rammellorn conscious of the size differentially between their hands.


Evil GM
Argrim wrote:

Argrim grabs his battleaxe before it unsticks and slides down the crevasse breathing a sigh of relief. "Well, that was unpleasant."

When he fully unsticks from mimic, he fist bumps Rammellorn conscious of the size differentially between their hands.

Dang...I didn't even think of that!


Evil GM

Now that the group is together what are you intentions?


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

"Nice of you to join us wearing your gear." Argrim welcomes his fellow dwarves.

Addressing everyone, "Besides me, who's hurt a lot? And do we have any healing available besides potions?"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Aye, it's a lot better to wear my steel. As to healing, why don't we all take a moment to catch our breath, let us strap these things on properly, and then I can see to our wounded."

Fidgeting under the poorly adjusted fullplate, Karnog is visibly uncomfortable.

How about everyone use their second wind abilities, if still available, then I'll slap some Cure Wounds spells around as needed."


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Rammellorn lays hands on Agrim.

healed hp: 1d6 ⇒ 2


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Vatilda does her best to shake off the pain from her remaining injuries. She starts to stand, but still feels weak... she turns to the unnatural power within to further heal her wounds.

"I have exhausted my power to mend flesh, for now... but I feel strong enough to continue should that be what is decided."

2 second winds: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 = 7
CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

second second wind: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Evil GM

You all can discuss your tactics, especially if you are not up to full health. Plus you have not really searched the goblin residence cave.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

If there's nothing of interest in the mimic lair, Argrim would lead the current conversation back toward the hoard room.


Evil GM

There is nothing of interest that you can see in the lair, the crevice goes to the unknown which could be of interest for future purposes.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Second Wind: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4"I mislike this crevice. Let us recoop in the room of your goblin battle."


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

"Wait. Maybe that crevice could lead us further into the caves... a shortcut, perhaps?"

Then Nibb lean over the crevice, eager to take a look.

I would take 20 if posible. If not, here is my:
Perception check:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

I don't want to take off my armor again if I can help it.We can lower the gnome into the crevice to get a quick look and then make a decision from there.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

"Fishing with gnome bait? Sounds interesting."


Evil GM

Nibb the crevice is pretty tight to get through but opens to a 10 to 15 foot width and extends at least 60 feet, although you don not see the floor. The walls are rough and you see several pitons on both walls. You, also, see that there are several piton anchored into the floor in the mimic's cavern. These look like earlier expeditions into the crevice to your eye.


Evil GM

Are you lowering the gnome bait? or resting somewhere?


Evil GM

When searching through the goblin cave you find the following:

Small Sized Gear:

23 spears, small
11 short swords, small
24 daggers, small
7 longbows, small
143 arrows in 7 quivers
4 longswords, small
6 throwing axes, small
13 tattered leather armor, small
4 heavy wooden shields, small

3 msw studded leather, small
2 msw chain shirts, small
2 msw throwing axes, small

medium sized gear:

3 msw short swords, medium size
1 msw long sword, med sized
+1 boar spear, med sized
+1 buckler, medium sized

platium pieces: 3d4 ⇒ (4, 4, 3) = 11
gold pieces: 20d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 4, 2, 3, 6, 2, 3, 2, 1, 6, 6, 1, 2, 6, 3, 4, 5, 5) = 69
silver pieces: 25d10 ⇒ (5, 6, 4, 3, 10, 4, 10, 1, 5, 7, 5, 2, 5, 2, 3, 6, 6, 9, 8, 4, 7, 7, 7, 1, 9) = 136
copper pieces: 30d12 ⇒ (8, 4, 11, 10, 5, 1, 5, 10, 9, 3, 11, 6, 5, 12, 11, 4, 8, 11, 6, 3, 8, 2, 8, 10, 6, 7, 4, 8, 1, 6) = 203

CLW potions: 3d5 ⇒ (2, 4, 4) = 10
CMW: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Nibb the crevice is pretty tight to get through but opens to a 10 to 15 foot width and extends at least 60 feet, although you don not see the floor. The walls are rough and you see several pitons on both walls. You, also, see that there are several piton anchored into the floor in the mimic's cavern. These look like earlier expeditions into the crevice to your eye.

Can he use Sift to look through the crevice?


Evil GM

Nibb I've given you all the information available for the crevice until someone decided to descend into it.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Posted party treasure on my profile. Are we out of renewable healing, so we should use potions to heal?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

I have spells remaining. Who's still hurt?


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

15 Argrim
10 Karnog
6 Kalim
4 Ramm
1 Vatilda, I think she has hasn't update her profile with her 14 points of healing

Hit point status is on everyone's post.

cheers


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Let the curing begin!

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (7, 5) + 3 = 15 to Argrim (using Spiritual Weapon)
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 to Karnog (using Second Wind #1) Had forgotten to include that channel from when I healed everyone by the chasm
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 to Kalim (using Bless)
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 to Ramm (using Divine Favor)

"Well, that leaves me with a few blessings of The Creator left for the day, a couple of healing potions, and a few scrolls of Cure Light Wounds. How's everyone feeling now?"


Evil GM

Are you feeling rested and secure in your abilities to conduct future battle to continue or is there another option that you would like to try?


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

"I'm feeling wonderful now. Thank you, Karnog." Argrim distributes six potions of CLW to everyone from the latest haul. Please record on your profile.

"For killing that darkmantle by yourself, you deserve this magic boar spear." Argrim hands Kalim the +1 boar spear and finishes with hoo ahh!

Baldwin, I feel a hint toward resting. How should we balance it with the urgency to save the children? Cheers


Evil GM

I suppose the paladin and cleric would have an issue resting based on their classes and alignment. Self preservation is important too and others could be more rationale. You all could RP that conversation out. You've fought a few tougher goblins, (sergeants, bard lieutenant, and ranger archers), who had the goblin fodder relatively organized. It is not far reaching to believe the boss is going to be even tougher. If you press on you should inventory your spells and devise an escape plan if necessary. That darkmantle and mimic beat on group pretty well.

I completely understand if you all press on, if you are all healed up and each have a cure potion or two.


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

I know that we are tired, but we cannot rest until those children are safe.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"We must rest if they are to be safe. My connection to the otherworlds is exhausted for the say. I suspect others are in similarly dire straights. We would not survive another battle ...and imagine how th children will pay for those we kill before dying."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"My spells are limited as well, and my ability to channel the healing energy of The Great Creator is expended for this day. If we proceed, we must use guile and cunning, so as not to get involved in such a protracted battle as before. Especially, we must remain armored and armed for anything similar. I would like to press on and rescue the captives post haste, but I fear we may fail in our mission, should we go on unprepared. Do we have any means of scouting ahead? A magical trick, or extraordinary skills in stealth?"

Resources Remaining:

Spoiler:

1st: ant haul, protection from evil, shield(d)
2nd: lesser restoration, barkskin(d)
Scrolls: CLW (8), scroll of ant haul (3), scroll of comprehend languages (2), scroll of detect undead, scroll of endure elements (2), scroll of hide from undead (2), scroll of magic weapon (2), scroll of obscuring mist, scroll of remove fear
Potions: Potions: CLW (3; 1d8+3) ,CMW (2; 2d8+6), magic weapon, anti-toxin
Channels: 0/4
Deflection Aura: 0/1


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Thinking about the trouble he has had navigating the tight tunnels, Rammellorn conceeds to Kalim who presents a logical argument.

Awwk! Alright! You'll be feelin guilty if something happens to those children! However, you make a valid point Kalim.


Evil GM

Are you setting up a camp and, if so, are you securing the southern tunnel and at which choke point would you do that? It's best if you describe how and where the camp is being set up.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

After the group arrives at a consensus to camp, Argrim has finished counting the haul and inspecting the area. "We should move the barricades from the last camp to tunnel before it splits to the mimic's cavern S13. With the pitons in that crevasse, we shouldn't risk protecting ourselves from it. We should also barricade the other way too O13, in case the gobbos have another exit and come in through the front door. You spell-casters figure out when you want to sleep, I sleep whenever you guys are awake."

Kalim, did you mark the +1 boar spear on your profile? Did everyone take their CLW potion? We have 5 more CLW & 4 CMW potions that should be distributed, too. But the rationing is not as clear to Argrim.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

I'll take the standard CLW potion, but suggest the other CLW and CMW potions go to non-healing capable folks.


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

I'm wifh Agrim on this. I'll take two of those potions and pray you don't need them.

Rammellorn grudgingly assists to barricade and set up camp including the cooking equipment. He will take whatever watch he is asked to. While not on watch, he will sharpen his weap

1,451 to 1,500 of 16,214 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.