Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


1,401 to 1,450 of 16,212 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Whistle while we work....


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Irritated that such a great spell finally went off perfectly to not much use, Kalim goes back to acid blasting. Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9Acid Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Evil GM

Kalim your spell hit and worked but it did not do as much damage as you would have like. Your acid has no effect on the chest.


Evil GM

RD 3:

Mimic
Vatilda
Argrim
Nibb
Kalim

RD 3 MAP


Evil GM

RD 3:

The mimic's desire to crush and devour is unsatisfied as it slam its food with his tentacles as it maw opens to devour the dwarf flesh.

slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17;damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
constrict damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

As it tries to batter the attached dwarf to death.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"DWARVES! YOUR COMPANION IS IN DIRE STRAIGHTS!" Kalim's eyes begin to roll back into his head as his speech deteriorates into seeming gibberish. "Ba baba ba bababa ba ba ba baba ba bababa ba ba shog nigurath ..." He then reaches out with his extended arms and Argrim begins to grow larger. Enlarge person time!


Evil GM

Karnog, Varl and Rammellorn can make perception checks. this will be at -6 for the distance and twists.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Round 3

Argrim continues to be a sight: legs dangling over the crevasse; hips stuck fast to a writhing-tentacled chest; right arm flailing away with a battleaxe; and left arm dodging tentacles. Good times!

If he does drop, Argrim plans to wedge his battleaxe between the sides of the crevasse to stop from falling. At least that's the plan...
_____________________________________________________
Standard action: defensively attack one-handed with battleaxe with -2 due to grappled
defensively attack: 1d20 + 4 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 2 - 2 = 8
Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
if hit, damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Current AC=22, touch=22, flat-footed=15 (normal -2 Dex +2 Dodge from Deep Warrior); and deflect one melee attack per round
Current CMD=20 (normal +4 Dodge (fighting defensively) -2 Dex +2 Dodge (Deep Warrior vs. grapple)


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Argrim, you're size Large now and all the bonuses that go with it!


Evil GM
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
Argrim, you're size Large now and all the bonuses that go with it!

You cast the spell in RD 3, it's a full round casting so it takes effect in Rd 4.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

D'oh! You're right, sorry. I was overexcited by the Giant Dwarf Sneaky Monk, heh.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 9 - 6 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 6 = 18 perception.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Round 3

Not willing to let go of her shield, Vatilda levels her palm at the malevolent chest, and fires off a dark bolt.

1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 2 = 19 (-2 for arm in adhered shield? provoke AoO for ranged attack in threatened square?)

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

>Round 3 map repost<


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Take 6 off to be 13 perception.


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Have I caught up to everyone else yet?


Evil GM

Rammellorn, karnog and Varl are in the other cave still.

Karnog hears the cry for help echo.


Evil GM

Vatilda yes a -2 penalty seems fair and yes, an AOO for ranged in melee.

The chest sneers at and viciously attacks the Oracle.

slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17;damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
If it hits you are adhered to the chest.

The Oracle legs and side get fastened to the sticky adhesive but she does manage to get off her shot that strikes the object.


Evil GM

RD 3:

Mimic attacked Agrim
Vatilda RTA that dealt 6 HP of damage but she is adhered to the chest now.
Argrim misses
Nibb -
Kalim - cast Enlarge person on Argrim - yelled for help


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"You hear that? Sounds like the lads are in trouble! Let's go!"

Scooping up his weapon and shield, Karnog sets off for the other room

Move: Equip Shield, Move: Equip Weapon, 5' step towards corridor."

(AC: 20, ACP -7)


Evil GM

I'll DMPC Varl till the end of this adventure, then he will move on perhaps becoming an NPC back in Fentonville.


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Nibb make a brief sniffs briefly the Everfull Mug content, and then shook his head.

This is not strong enough. And until the other dwarves come, I think it's up to us helping out mister Argrim...

He makes a quick move (5-feet step to W-20) to have a better angle of the overall situation, and then, focusing the power of his voice through his magic, Nibb release a powerful screech... but the only one able to hear it is the mimic, like it is said occurs on the interior of the dreaded Dark Towers of Tar-Baphon.

Casting Ear-Piercing Scream on the mimic with the standard action. Here is the damage:
Damage:2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6 (I'm not really sure if right now the damage is 1d6 or 2d6...)
And the mimic must make a Fortitude save.


Evil GM

Your third level Nibb the spell is 1d6 for every 2 caster levels so its 2 d6 right now, when your 5th level it will be 3d6.

fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

It makes the save and is not dazed.

If you remember put the save DC 10+ spell level + ability modifier. In this case it was 10+1+2= DC 13


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Rammellorn follows quickly behind Karnog.


Evil GM

Is Karnog and Rammellorn double moving? I'll update the map and post the next round of action in the morning.


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Rammellorn will doublr move due to the urgency of the ensuing melee.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Yes, after 1st round of grabbing weapon & shield, double moving to the others.


Evil GM

RD 4:

Initiative Order:

Mimic
Vatilda
Karnog
Argrim
Rammellorn
Nibb
Kalim
Varl

RD4 MAP

The map reflects that the Dwarves used their movement to pick up gear and their std action to move in the round they heard the warning.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Blast these small tunnels! Stupid goblins can't even find a properly sized place to hole up."

Grumbling mightily, Karnog moves as quickly as he can towards the commotion generated by the rest of the party.


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Rammellorn moves quickly to reach the others.
Double move to S17.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Close your eyes!" Kalim blasts the mimic with a Color Spray wand.


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

We're coming, hold tight!


Evil GM

RD 4: Mimic

Vatalda I think this is the last round of ray of enfeeblement.

The chest continues to try to pummel Argrim with his slam attacks.

slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29;damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
constrict: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

confirm crit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
X2 damage.

Sorry for the late post, the day has been hectic for me.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Baldwin, is that slam considered a melee attack that Crane Wings can deflect?


Evil GM

You've been glued and grappled, so I don't see how it applies without doing some research on the issue. I've swamped with huge project right now and can't spend the time looking at this.


Evil GM

Rammellorn, Karnog and Varl double move during Round 4.

RD 4: mid round summary

Initiative Order:

Mimic - attack hit Argrim
Vatilda
Karnog - dbl moved
Argrim
Rammellorn -dbl moved
Nibb
Kalim
Varl - double moved

REVISED MAP


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

+Kalim use Color Spray wand


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Nibb focuses again and unleash another powerful magical screech at the mimic.

Casting Ear-Piercing Scream again.
Damage:2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7
DC=14


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Round 4

Instead of deflecting the mimic's tentacle with his Deepdelve training, it wraps around his free hand and almost breaks it.

Then, Argrim becomes huge! Or at least, large when Kalim's Enlarge Person spell becomes effective. Argrim swings again with his now large battleaxe.
_____________________________________________________
Standard action: defensively attack one-handed with battleaxe with -2 due to grappled
defensively attack: 1d20 + 4 - 2 - 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 2 - 2 + 1 - 1 = 9
Reflex: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 1 = 17
if hit, damage: 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5, 6) + 2 + 1 = 14
Current AC=20, touch=16, flat-footed=14 [normal -2 Dex (Grappled) +2 Dodge (from Deep Warrior) -1 Dex & -1 size (Enlarge Person)]; and does not deflect one melee attack per round
Current CMD=20 [normal +4 Dodge (fighting defensively) -2 Dex (Grappled) +2 Dodge (Deep Warrior vs. grapple) -1 Dex +1 size (Enlarge Person)]


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Round 4

Vatilda tries to temper her panic before it turns to blind rage... She blasts the unnatural thing again, and adjusts her stance for more stable footing.

eldritch bolt: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 2 = 18 touch attack
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Evil GM

Vatilda's bolt strikes home.
Argrim's attack misses as he enlarges.
Nibb's attack:
fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
- It makes the save and avoids the dazed.

Kalim uses color spray wand:
Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
What was the save DC on this, do you know offhand?


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

We're almost there!


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Wands are set to minimum, so DC11 is standard


Evil GM

The mimic chest is not dazed or stunned by the spells being cast, however, it has taken noticeable damage.

RD : 5

Initiative Order:

Mimic -
Vatilda
Karnog -
Argrim
Rammellorn -
Nibb
Kalim
Varl -

RD 5 MAP


Evil GM

RD 5: Mimic

The creature is livid with the spell caster and he changes tactics and slams Vatilda, as his strength comes back.

slam: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19;damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
constrict: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

The spellcaster's body becomes limp.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Round 5

DC13 stabilization check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

>Rd 5 map repost<


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Round 5

Huge Argrim becomes enraged as the woman gets slammed into unconsciouness. Argrim swings again with his now large battleaxe.
_____________________________________________________
Standard action: defensively attack one-handed with battleaxe with -2 due to grappled
defensively attack: 1d20 + 4 - 2 - 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 2 - 2 + 1 - 1 = 18
Reflex: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 1 = 10
if hit, damage: 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6, 5) + 2 + 1 = 14
Current AC=20, touch=16, flat-footed=14 [normal -2 Dex (Grappled) +2 Dodge (from Deep Warrior) -1 Dex & -1 size (Enlarge Person)]; and does not deflect one melee attack per round
Current CMD=20 [normal +4 Dodge (fighting defensively) -2 Dex (Grappled) +2 Dodge (Deep Warrior vs. grapple) -1 Dex +1 size (Enlarge Person)]


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Keep moving towards the fray.

"We're coming! Hang in there!"


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim grimly attempts to spear the mimic from afar. reach attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Evil GM

Argrim hits the creature but your weapon is stuck to it now.

Vatilda stabilizes herself.

Karnog where are you moving to (U19 is in your 20 ft move range) and what is your standard action. Cast spell (channel) or DBL Move?

1,401 to 1,450 of 16,212 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.