Pirate Rob's Confirmation (Inactive)

Game Master Pirate Rob


351 to 398 of 398 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

M Elf Investigator 1 [ HP 10/10 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | Inspiration: 0 (3) | Effects: none ]

Additionally, Gwynbel attempts to discern what language, or group of languages, the voices ahead are communicating in.

Linguistics, Free Inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 7 + (6) = 20


Slides

You're not quite sure of the language, but based on the guttural "n"s you suspect it is a language not spoken by surface dwellers.

Gwynbel:
No traps.
The tunnels broaden to reveal a shallow river that bisects an immense tunnel stretching to the north and south. To the east a small passage exits the chamber at a steep incline. The river is only 1 foot deep and counts as difficult terrain.

You see 2 squat humanoids that seem to be nearly all head—an unfortunate circumstance, considering how ugly their puffy blue faces are.

Additionally they seem to have some sort of pet. It is a lengthy, segmented horror that writhes about. They do not seem to have noticed you, yet.

Knowledge Nature and Dungeoneering may be useful here.

MAP not in profile yet.

GM Dice:
1d20 ⇒ 10
1d20 ⇒ 2
1d20 ⇒ 7[/dice]

Grand Lodge

M Elf Investigator 1 [ HP 10/10 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | Inspiration: 0 (3) | Effects: none ]

Gwynbel stares at them for a second, taking it all in while attempting to recall if he has heard of these creatures.

K(nature), free inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 7 + (3) = 28
K(dungeoneering), free inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 7 + (6) = 22

Where are the blue-dudes and ...thingy relative to the river? Does the length segmented thing look like an angry giant version of the 1ft long centipedes in the sacred cavern?


Slides

Gwynbel:
The blue creatures are Mites, evil fey that tend to have vermin as pets, resist weapons not made of cold iron, hate gnomes and dwarves and like throwing darts.

The other creature is indeed a rather large centipede. You know they are mindless and have venomous mandibles.

As for their position, see the map in the previous spoiler.

Grand Lodge

M Elf Investigator 1 [ HP 10/10 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | Inspiration: 0 (3) | Effects: none ]

Gwynbel returns back to the group, and whispers his findings. At the end, he adds "Due to their defensive proficiencies, I'm not sure that we should try to take them on yet, if they are hostile"

Silver Crusade

M Half-orc Warpriest 10 [ HP 31/83 (0 NL) | AC 30 Tch 11 FF 29 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +11 | CMD 21 | Init +0 | Perc +9, darkvision, scent | Effects: heroism, weapon of awe, prayer, shield of faith, 1 con damage ]

Mrachni frowns. Do I know anything about the belief system of such creatures?

Knowledge (Religion?): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Slides

They are a type of gremlin, so they most likely worship some demon or devil lord if anything at all.

Grand Lodge

AC16/T13/F13/CMD15||HP17[17]F:+3 R:+5 W:+3||Init.+5|Percept.+7 Human Ranger (Trapper) 1

Harlbrount nods. What do mean, defensive? We should try to explore as much as possible.

Silver Crusade

M Half-orc Warpriest 10 [ HP 31/83 (0 NL) | AC 30 Tch 11 FF 29 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +11 | CMD 21 | Init +0 | Perc +9, darkvision, scent | Effects: heroism, weapon of awe, prayer, shield of faith, 1 con damage ]

I think he intends for us to read the spoilers to him. Silly elf.

Mrachni's frown deepens. "Such creatures do not belong here. They likely worship some foul devil who would desecrate this place. They should not be here."


"There's four of us. We should be able to overpower them without too much trouble", Darius adds as he draws the wand lent to him by Janira.

Grand Lodge

AC16/T13/F13/CMD15||HP17[17]F:+3 R:+5 W:+3||Init.+5|Percept.+7 Human Ranger (Trapper) 1

Halbrount unslings his bow and nods. I agree with Darius. Anything called a mite cannot be hard to overcome. The other is merely a large bug. We challeged and defeated a minotaur, by Gozreh!

Silver Crusade

M Half-orc Warpriest 10 [ HP 31/83 (0 NL) | AC 30 Tch 11 FF 29 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +11 | CMD 21 | Init +0 | Perc +9, darkvision, scent | Effects: heroism, weapon of awe, prayer, shield of faith, 1 con damage ]

Mrachni grins, his orc-teeth glinting in the torchlight. "That we did. A moment, and I will prepare. We should be ready to attempt to reason with them justly, but if they are hostile... I serve justice."

He leaves his sword sheathed, but retrieves the wand the gillman gave Darius and taps himself and then Harlbrount with it. +3 deflection bonus to AC, 8 charges remain. Lasts for 6 minutes.

Frowning momentarily, he decides that he'd rather be at full stamina for the upcoming negotiations, even if they prove peaceful, and taps himself with the other wand as well. CLW, now 5 charges remaining.

CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Grand Lodge

M Elf Investigator 1 [ HP 10/10 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | Inspiration: 0 (3) | Effects: none ]

Gwynbel cautions, "Ahh, the impetuosity of youth. Let me explain...the blue folk, mites, are resistant to your steel, and only suffer wounds from iron mined deep underground, and tempered to create cold iron. The critter they have in their possession is a venomous foe that is mindless."

Grand Lodge

AC16/T13/F13/CMD15||HP17[17]F:+3 R:+5 W:+3||Init.+5|Percept.+7 Human Ranger (Trapper) 1

Harlbrount shrugs, We cannot make a name for ourselves if we do not take on a little risk.

Grand Lodge

M Elf Investigator 1 [ HP 10/10 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | Inspiration: 0 (3) | Effects: none ]

Gwynbel loads his sling with a rock, and pulls out an acid flask, resigned at the rashness of youth. "Or if we're dead. I wish to avoid the loss of any more friends today."

Silver Crusade

M Half-orc Warpriest 10 [ HP 31/83 (0 NL) | AC 30 Tch 11 FF 29 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +11 | CMD 21 | Init +0 | Perc +9, darkvision, scent | Effects: heroism, weapon of awe, prayer, shield of faith, 1 con damage ]

Glancing around to be sure everyone is ready, Mrachni nods. Continuing to leave his sword sheathed, he nods again and begins moving forward to the next cavern to confront the strange creatures there. Peacefully... for now.

Grand Lodge

AC16/T13/F13/CMD15||HP17[17]F:+3 R:+5 W:+3||Init.+5|Percept.+7 Human Ranger (Trapper) 1

Harlbrount winces at the mention of his fallen companion, bowing his head and following quietly.


Slides

After discussing and buffing the party moves forward, Mrachni in the lead.

The tunnels broaden to reveal a shallow river that bisects an immense tunnel stretching to the north and south. To the east a small passage exits the chamber at a steep incline. The river is only 1 foot deep and counts as difficult terrain.

There are however no creatures this time. While Mrachni takes a moment to ponder if the elf was pranking him, everybody else notices an ugly blue nose hiding behind the rock in the middle of the river just before the mite steps out, dagger in one hand, dart in the other.

Gm Dice:
Harl: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Mrachni: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Gwynbel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Darius: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

M1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
M2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
C: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Harl: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Mrachni-I: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Gwynbel-I: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Darius-I: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Mites-I: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Centipede: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Initiative (Surprise Round, single actions only)

Darius
Gwynbel

Mite
Harl
Mrachni - surprised
Centipede

Darius and Gwynbel are up.
New MAP (should be in profile too)


Darius takes a defensive stance, following the orc’s plan for peaceful introductions.

Total Defense

Grand Lodge

M Elf Investigator 1 [ HP 10/10 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | Inspiration: 0 (3) | Effects: none ]

Still using the spell's magic to have him blend in, Gwynbel moves to the right, following the wall at half speed. With his left hand holding the acid flask, he drapes his right hand behind his back, preparing to aim at the mite's ugly head.

move action: move
Stealth, +4, HiPS due to blend: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Slides

The visible Mite shouts something in undercommon (which I believe none of you speak) and throws a dart at Mrachni. A second Mite steps out from behind another rock and also throws a dart at Mrachni before responding to the first mite.

The first dart lands a bit short of Mrachni but the second one hits for 2 damage.

They do not seem friendly

GM Dice:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 - 2 = 13
1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 2 = 20
1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 2 = 4
1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Initiative (Surprise Round, single actions only)

Harl
Mrachni - surprised
Centipede
---
Darius
Gwynbel
Mite

Harl is up.

Silver Crusade

M Half-orc Warpriest 10 [ HP 31/83 (0 NL) | AC 30 Tch 11 FF 29 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +11 | CMD 21 | Init +0 | Perc +9, darkvision, scent | Effects: heroism, weapon of awe, prayer, shield of faith, 1 con damage ]

:( You've got it in for me, don't you!

Save me, Harl!

Grand Lodge

AC16/T13/F13/CMD15||HP17[17]F:+3 R:+5 W:+3||Init.+5|Percept.+7 Human Ranger (Trapper) 1

Suddenyl feeling smaller than the others, Harlbrount moves foward for a better view!


Slides

I embiggened your token a bit and shrunk the mites

Reaching down from above the cave entrance Harl and Gwynbel see a pair of nasty looking mandibles above Mrachni reach down to bite him.

Fortunately at the last moment the mandibles are deflected by a magical spark and the centipede screeches out in pain

GM Dice:
1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 17

Initiative (Normal Round)

Darius
Gwynbel

Mite
Harl
Mrachni
Centipede

Darius and Gwynbel are up.

The rocks the mites are hiding behind are only just big enough to provide partial provide cover to small creatures. The centipede is currently directly above Mrachni.

Grand Lodge

M Elf Investigator 1 [ HP 10/10 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | Inspiration: 0 (3) | Effects: none ]

Gwynbel grimaces at the centipede above Mrachni, but gathers himself to launch a bullet at the mite's ugly nose.

Sling attack, -2 from Partial Cover: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Sling damage, arcane strike: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

After letting the bullet fly, he sighs and switches the acid flask to his dominant hand.

Forgot about the whole "ends after attack" bit, now taking that into consideration.

Silver Crusade

M Half-orc Warpriest 10 [ HP 31/83 (0 NL) | AC 30 Tch 11 FF 29 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +11 | CMD 21 | Init +0 | Perc +9, darkvision, scent | Effects: heroism, weapon of awe, prayer, shield of faith, 1 con damage ]

Darius asked me to post for him as he's away from the computer.

Darius

Darius steps back a few feet and prepares to throw mind-jumbling magic at the blue creatures. Step back, ready to cast daze if one of them comes into range.


Slides

Darius readies and Gynbel tries skipping a rock.

The 2 mites draw new darts and throw them at Harl this time. One connecting for 1 damage.

They continue yelling at each other incomprehensibly.

GM Dice:
1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 2 = 4
1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 - 2 = 19
1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Initiative

Harl
Mrachni

Centipede
Gwynbel
Mite
Darius Ready

Harl and Mrachni are up and both have tiny darts sticking out of your body. Hopefully they aren't poisoned.

Silver Crusade

M Half-orc Warpriest 10 [ HP 31/83 (0 NL) | AC 30 Tch 11 FF 29 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +11 | CMD 21 | Init +0 | Perc +9, darkvision, scent | Effects: heroism, weapon of awe, prayer, shield of faith, 1 con damage ]

Mrachni draws his sword and swings it at the centipede, dodging away from it a bit to give himself room to maneuver. At the same time, he yells loudly at the mite nearest him. "Put down your weapons and you may yet be shown mercy!"

Draw sword, attack centipede, step back, swift action intimidate (1/day).

Attack (1h, str damage): 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 1 = 10
Damage?: 1d8 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 1 = 5

Intimidate (size bonus): 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 4 = 24


Slides

While the mite does not understand Mrachni's exact words, it's eyes bulge way out of its skull.

Unfortunately Mrachni's blow does not connect with the centipede.

Initiative

Harl
Centipede
Gwynbel
Mite
Darius Ready
Mrachni

Harl is up.

Grand Lodge

AC16/T13/F13/CMD15||HP17[17]F:+3 R:+5 W:+3||Init.+5|Percept.+7 Human Ranger (Trapper) 1

Harl swings around, and fires at the bug.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8


Slides

Harl's arrow skewers the bug and it lets out one last death screech before falling limp.

Initiative:

Gwynbel
Mite
Darius Ready
Mrachni
Harlbrount

Gwynbel is up

Grand Lodge

M Elf Investigator 1 [ HP 10/10 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | Inspiration: 0 (3) | Effects: none ]

Gwynbel concentrates for a moment, and suddenly is able to understand the language the mite's are jabbering in. He then steps to be behind the ork.

Comprehend Languages


Slides

Mites "WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THEY KILLED GROCKXNAR GET THEM!! NO RUN AWAY GET-RUN. FINE AHHHHHHHHH."

The Mites flee into a hole, back into the earth from which they came.

Combat over. (Unless you guys really want to try chasing mites through tiny tunnels.)

Silver Crusade

M Half-orc Warpriest 10 [ HP 31/83 (0 NL) | AC 30 Tch 11 FF 29 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +11 | CMD 21 | Init +0 | Perc +9, darkvision, scent | Effects: heroism, weapon of awe, prayer, shield of faith, 1 con damage ]

Mrachni nods once as the creatures flee, lowering his sword. "Better to not have to kill them. They will perhaps be too afraid to return."

So at this point we can go north or south, right? Anything to differentiate the two?

Grand Lodge

M Elf Investigator 1 [ HP 10/10 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | Inspiration: 0 (3) | Effects: none ]

Can the bottom one really get away? Harl should be able to hit one with an arrow next turn?

Grand Lodge

M Elf Investigator 1 [ HP 10/10 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | Inspiration: 0 (3) | Effects: none ]

"It's not even worth my time to translate what they said. But well-placed shot, Harl. You've even made an elf proud."

Silver Crusade

M Half-orc Warpriest 10 [ HP 31/83 (0 NL) | AC 30 Tch 11 FF 29 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +11 | CMD 21 | Init +0 | Perc +9, darkvision, scent | Effects: heroism, weapon of awe, prayer, shield of faith, 1 con damage ]

I think that's what he meant by "unless you want to pursue". I'm for letting them run.

Grand Lodge

M Elf Investigator 1 [ HP 10/10 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | Inspiration: 0 (3) | Effects: none ]

"Should we pursue them? We could just track them later. There are mites in these tunnels. That means there are devil worshipers really close to a shrine of Aroden."

Silver Crusade

M Half-orc Warpriest 10 [ HP 31/83 (0 NL) | AC 30 Tch 11 FF 29 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +11 | CMD 21 | Init +0 | Perc +9, darkvision, scent | Effects: heroism, weapon of awe, prayer, shield of faith, 1 con damage ]

Mrachni growls softly. I know what it means, dirk-ears... calm. Calm.

"The shrine will be protected. We will include the creatures in our report."

Grand Lodge

AC16/T13/F13/CMD15||HP17[17]F:+3 R:+5 W:+3||Init.+5|Percept.+7 Human Ranger (Trapper) 1

Harl shrugs. "We did what we could for now. Perhaps you should document what we have found an the mites. Then maybe the Society will organize a.."cleaning" expedition.

Silver Crusade

M Half-orc Warpriest 10 [ HP 31/83 (0 NL) | AC 30 Tch 11 FF 29 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +11 | CMD 21 | Init +0 | Perc +9, darkvision, scent | Effects: heroism, weapon of awe, prayer, shield of faith, 1 con damage ]

The half-orc nods in agreement with Harl's words, considering the paths before them. "North, south, or east?" he asks, studying each direction for a moment before turning to look at the rest of the group.


Slides

You've basically accomplished everything so I'm going to wrap stuff up. If you have more RP between each other or Janira at any point feel free.

To the north and south the cave eventually taper off, leaving the stream to return to between the rocks. There are several recently dug tiny tunnels leading up from beneath, it appears the Mites were looking to expand this way. After defeating them it is likely they will try and find an easier direction.

The eastern tunnel rises swiftly and through many twists and turns eventually also leads to the surface. This entrance being a bit further away than the other two but still within a few hundred yards.

Janira is excited to see that you're all in one piece and after camping for the night leads you back to Absalom without further incident.

Once safely back in the Grand Lodge, Master of Scrolls Kreighton Shaine inquires excitedly about what you found and asks to see your notes.

He compliments those who recorded notes while the thoughts are fresh, observing that it’s difficult enough to remember what one had for breakfast the day before as it is to recall exactly what one was thinking while studying an inscription.

As you are now the foremost authorities on that cave and what it contains, Shaine also invites them to come up with its name.

The compliments Janira for her guidance and assistance, much to the halfling’s delight.

---

Three days later, the Master who best represents each of your interests confirms you as a full Pathfinder field agent.

As part of the ceremony, that mentor also gifts you a personalized wayfinder, reminding you that this is not only the symbol of the Pathfinder’s trade but also a reminder of the three principle duties: explore, report, and cooperate.

Explore, Report, Cooperate!

Congratulations. You all completed both the primary and secondary success conditions. Normally I would share their specifics but due to the re-playable nature of the scenario I don't want to spoil it. If you're really curious you can ask me off thread.

You all receive full gold for the scenario, but not access to all of the items. Depending partially on randomness and partially on the decisions you make slightly different sets of items are available each play through.

Once again congratulations, If you could also make a post in the discussion thread with your PFS #, Faction & Day Job; I would appreciate it.


Slides

Also, which bit of the Society do you join? Scrolls, Swords or Spells?

Silver Crusade

M Half-orc Warpriest 10 [ HP 31/83 (0 NL) | AC 30 Tch 11 FF 29 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +11 | CMD 21 | Init +0 | Perc +9, darkvision, scent | Effects: heroism, weapon of awe, prayer, shield of faith, 1 con damage ]

Mrachni's rough face relaxes into a contented smile at the praise and the knowledge of a job well done. When asked to choose a group with which to ally himself, he becomes thoughtful. Finally he shakes his head. "Spells are not mine... they are gifts, to be shared and enjoyed but not studied. I follow the Swordlady; the Swords will be my close companions."


Torn between his two greatest passions, Darius falters. Magic and knowledge, the two skills that would give him a chance at a better life…

”Spells”, he finally answers with little conviction. ”Spells are my path.”

He shifts awkwardly again when he meets the orc’s gaze. ”Swords are nice though. There’s nothing wrong with swords.”

Silver Crusade

M Half-orc Warpriest 10 [ HP 31/83 (0 NL) | AC 30 Tch 11 FF 29 | Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +11 | CMD 21 | Init +0 | Perc +9, darkvision, scent | Effects: heroism, weapon of awe, prayer, shield of faith, 1 con damage ]

The big orc's hearty laugh resounds through the room as he claps the slender young man hard on the shoulder. "Ha! Nothing wrong at all, but that does not mean they are everyone's path!"

Grand Lodge

AC16/T13/F13/CMD15||HP17[17]F:+3 R:+5 W:+3||Init.+5|Percept.+7 Human Ranger (Trapper) 1

Halbrount considers for a time which aspect of the Society to follow, his elation tempered by the loss of Brusolex. I think I will follow the Scrolls. He says smiling.

Grand Lodge

M Elf Investigator 1 [ HP 10/10 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perc +7 | Inspiration: 0 (3) | Effects: none ]

"A good choice. I too shall be joining the Scrolls, and look forward to working with you, Harlbrount."

351 to 398 of 398 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pirate Rob's Confirmation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.