Of Kings and Commoners - Kingmaker AP

Game Master RPGGGM

With the heart of the Stolen Lands explored and the bandits who ruled there scattered, the long-contested realm finally lies open for pioneers and settlers to stake their claims.:
Amid the rush of opportunistic travelers, the PCs find themselves stewards over a new domain, tasked with the responsibility of guiding and guarding a fledgling nation struggling to grow upon a treacherous borderland. Yet the threats to this new nation quickly prove themselves greater than mere bandits and wild beasts, as the monstrous natives of the hills and forests rampage forth to slaughter all who have trespassed upon their territory. Can the PCs hold the land they’ve fought so hard to explore and tame? Or will their legend be just one more lost to the fangs of the Stolen Lands?

The NEW Charter! | NEW Avalon (test) | NEW Party Loot (test) | The Trading Post | Regional Map Folio | Tactical Map Folio


3,401 to 3,450 of 12,432 << first < prev | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | next > last >>

I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Did anyone else have anything to do, say or otherwise add before Tamris and Rain get too far away and you pronounce your judgement upon the Consortium agents (only one of whom is currently standing to hear)?

Other things you want to take care of (unmentioned Aspis equipment (see above link), Tuskgutter, malicious rumor-mongers, etc...).

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame

I can't think of anything else Numalar needs to say to Tamris, aside from...

"Good luck, Tamris, and farewell," Numalar says to the retreating figure.

Numalar returns to Tor.

"Well, Tor of Hom, Tamris had a legitimate grievance against you, but has declined to lay any charges. So that matter is over, but I must say this: information is property, and he cannot be forced to give it against his will."

"So..."

"Secondly, there is the matter of OUR grievance against you for your attack upon us. Before you say that you acted in self defense, I must point out that not only are we crown agents, but your ambush was to perpetuate a crime that we were investigating."

"We can judge such a case ourselves, but to be fair we could bring you before a magistrate on charges of assault upon crown agents. I should warn you that this is unlikely to go well for you. Brevic justice is swift, and can be merciless; you would probably hang for it."

"I have conferred with my colleagues, and we are willing to accept compensation for this attack, instead of laying charges. Unfortunately, this amounts to everything you have aside from what we believe you need to survive. If you were to hang we would keep this property anyway."

"Do you accept?"


Male Gnome Bard/ 3rd AC: 15 (T 12, FF 14), HP 20/20 5NL, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 Enchantment | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +4

Was tempted for Posh to go all Murder hobo, but that wouldn't suit his character...

Posh just rolls his eye's at Numalar's commentary on this situation.
"Well we've atleast taken care of that monsterous Boar. How does a boar get that big out here anyway? Celeyne?" he asks, curious if she might have any idea how it got so big.

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

"There are, as we've seen, magic places here... perhaps he was warped by one of them? Or he is just a strange anomaly, maybe?"


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Poshment Underhill wrote:

Posh just rolls his eye's at Numalar's commentary on this situation.

"Well we've atleast taken care of that monsterous Boar. How does a boar get that big out here anyway? Celeyne?" he asks, curious if she might have any idea how it got so big.
Celyne wrote:
"There are, as we've seen, magic places here... perhaps he was warped by one of them? Or he is just a strange anomaly, maybe?"

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Tuskgutter is a huge scary beast--even in death. If he were to have fallen on anyone that person would, without a doubt be dead now. He has too many bent tusks in his horrible mouth--all of them sharp. It's like he was a terrible throwback to some earlier time before animals took their final forms.

There is certainly something off about the beast. Something wild and fey--a monster that could never be tamed in life.


Tor begins breaking the bits of camp that were not broken when Tuskgutter came through. Mag's near dead, but Grogan is already coming around and none too happy for it or for being left tied over a horse's saddle.

They scowl but in the end move on.

Neither as it turns out is native to the area--they've just been known to hunt it.

The eventually run into Notch and the kobolds who grow unhappy when they find out that party has their pay.


Later:
Back at Samuel Renault's spacious home, in his big open "lodge room" it is the middle of the night but the whole of the downstairs is alive with servants rushing about and attending to the party and a few grizzled locals still awake, near and nosy enough to be attracted to all the lights and shadows.

"So that was it then, eh?" Renault says leaning up against a big fireplace topped with a huge stuffed fish. "Impressive."

What exactly do you tell them?


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

of course we bring tuskgutter's head with us... just a reminder

survival to butcher properly: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

We bring all of him if possible.. maybe rig up a travois.. make an awesome feast


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

we could do that, if the tiger didn't make too much of a mess of it already... hmm???

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame

I assume that Tor accepts our "settlement" then. In that case...

To Tor before he leaves:

"Well, that is that then. But one word about your project."

"Hunting is a royal privilege. Nobody cares if you take a rabbit or two for your stew pot, but the kind of operation you intend will need to have royal assent. You would need to go to New Stetven to get it but I doubt it would be too hard to get, assuming you are willing to pay for it."

"If we encounter you again in such an undertaking I expect you to have proof of such assent. If you prefer, we can take you as far as the road to New Stetven, though our duties prevent us from leaving the Stolen Lands."

Re Tuskgutter: I agree we should take the whole carcass. Oleg might buy the rest off of us, and we can throw a barbecue with what is left. We are not too far from Oleg's so we could rig up something that the horses pull and people can walk. Those of us who can't keep up (me and Posh) have Sir Didymus and Gertrude to ride on.

Re: Renault: We never did get the full story of how the accusations were made re: farmer Gallows' daughter, so I would like us to visit the Gallows place to get the full story before returning to Renault. GGGM: We don't have to roleplay that if you don't want as a few skill checks are probably all that is required.

I don't plan on telling Renault that there is a whole pack of spotted wolves though. He has enough to worry about.

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame

Okay, guys. Assuming we have no more strangers around, Numalar will tell the tale of how he came back from the dead.

If Fan is still around he will ask him to leave us to discuss something privately. Fan can go hang out with Naleksa. I'll give him a few silver if he needs them. :)

The Story of Numalar's Resurrection (Long):
Numalar stares into the campfire, apparenly lost in thought, periodically poking the fire with a stick. He begines to speak, though he addresses no one in particular, only those who care to listen.

"You all have been wondering how I miraculously defied death in our most recent battle. Well, I will speak on what I know. But even I don't truly understand what happened. I am still trying to understand it. I'll appreciate that you do not share this information; the reputation for being able to cheat death is one I don't mind having. Heh."

"When Tor hit me with his ray, I thought I was dead, and expected to find myself on the pale road leading to Pharasma's Boneyard. Though I may not have fulfilled my life's ambitions, I figured that I had died honorably, as my father had, and that this was sufficient. I could be content."

"But I did not find myself on that pale road. Much to my surprise, I found myself... somewhere else. I know not where..."

Numalar pauses for a moment. He prods the fire a bit more before continuing.

"It was a palace. A beautiful but empty house. There were no windows, no way out. There were servants, but as far as I could tell they were animated things without souls. There was only one resident. She... her... her name was Nyrissa."

"Nyrissa was... or rather is... a beautiful gnome woman. Girl, perhaps. She seemed young, but I gathered she had been there for nearly an eternity. She did not expect me, but was happy that I was there. She did not get visitors and I gather she was very lonely."

Numalar's eyes fall for a moment, but he continues.

"Nyrissa's house was full of wonders. She put on magical spectacles for my entertainment. It seemed like I was there for weeks. Her power was beyond my comprehension. Yet she also seemed a prisoner there."

"One of the marvels in her house was a gallery, which she called 'The Fable,' full of paintings twenty feet high. All sorts of subjects were portrayed there, including one that caught my eye. A cityscape of Lost Valdralee, with its towers of Ruby and Gold. The city of my ancestors, as I had never seen it. When I asked who the artist was, she said that I was the artist. The image had been drawn straight from my imagining. I know not how."

Numalar finally looks up at the others.

"The last painting in the series was incomplete, but it showed the battlefield, with me lying dead on it. I could tell that the rest of you were in danger. It was blurry and indistinct, but I was sure of these things."

"She said that I was also the artist of this painting, so I tried to change it with my will. She said that the power of The Fable was hers alone. So I asked her to return me here. She was in tears, but she did so. Those tears... if I found myself there again I don't think I could leave her a second time. My heart might break."

Numalar exhales a deep sigh.

"So... then, I awoke. I was in darkness, near where I had fallen, and I could see Tor coming towards me, yet unaware that I was there. I was unwounded, though I felt tired and weak. Seeing that Tor was fleeing pursuit, I used a daze spell to stop him in his tracks and let Alia and Sir Didymus catch up. I was ready to release my last burning hands when he surrendered."

"I know this story leaves more questions unanswered than it resolves. I don't know what to say, though you can be certain I intend to search for answers. I have a feeling that an ancient magic lies slumbering in this land, and that there will be many more strange things that we will see before we are through."

"It is fair that you may ask: 'Is this really Numalar?' While there are magics that can restore a man to life there are also those that can disguise or copy. I must admit... I ask myself those questions too. Am I still me? or have I changed in some way? I feel the same, but... different too."

Numalar lifts up his hand and looks at it.

"You all have no doubt noted the yellowish cast of my skin. This is a peculiarity of my family, and a sign of our ancestry. But now... I cannot be sure, but the golden cast of my skin seems more prominent to me. And the texture of my skin seems rougher. I can cause my fingernails to turn into claws, but now, even without the claws my fingernails seem a little pointy. Little things, things I cannot be sure that weren't that way before, but they seem different to me. And if I am different I cannot be certain of why."

"So that is what I know. Ask me what questions you wish, though I don't think there is any more I can tell you."

TL;DR: Numalar found himself in the extradimensional residence of a magical being named Nyrissa, and convinced her to send him back.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

So the question is: Did you want to stay at camp for the night?

It's going to be a couple of hours before you move out with the pig and the camp. The Gallow's place is on the way to Renault's--which even with the stop you could get to by about in the small hours of the morning. Getting to Oleg's from here would probably mean getting there by a little before dawn.

Otherwise....


"Okay, third sentence, second word...."


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Numalar Auritonius wrote:

Okay, guys. Assuming we have no more strangers around, Numalar will tell the tale of how he came back from the dead.

Finding some private time might take a while depending on the above.


Numalar Auritonius wrote:

I assume that Tor accepts our "settlement" then. In that case...

To Tor before he leaves:

"Well, that is that then. But one word about your project."

"Hunting is a royal privilege. Nobody cares if you take a rabbit or two for your stew pot, but the kind of operation you intend will need to have royal assent. You would need to go to New Stetven to get it but I doubt it would be too hard to get, assuming you are willing to pay for it."

"If we encounter you again in such an undertaking I expect you to have proof of such assent. If you prefer, we can take you as far as the road to New Stetven, though our duties prevent us from leaving the Stolen Lands."

Tor complies but adds darkly: "You're making a terrible mistake you know."


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |
Tor of Hom wrote:
Tor complies but adds darkly: "You're making a terrible mistake you know."

"Your first mistake was sending that owl at me." She points her sword at him. "Your second mistake was almost killing my friend there. Veiled death threats? Don't make a third. Get out of here before I change my mind."

She spanks the horse Tor is on, spurring it down the road.

----

Later that night, Scarlet sits back and quietly listens to Numalar's explanation of his recovery. "You're one lucky Gnome, Numalar!" Scarlet laughs. "I don't really get it, but...it's nice to have a guardian angel watching over you though, right? I'm not sure I'll meet anyone like me when I bite it."

"I'm just happy you're alright. I was going to tear that wizard a new one before I saw you stand up. No one hurts my friends."

If we don't get an explanation from the Gallows House, we should say Tuskgutter was responsible and scared Rain into attacking, I'm sure Fan will help with this lie. We'll explain we killed Tuskgutter and chased off Rain. When Grogan saw what happened, he gave up the hunt and returned home.


'Death threats'? .... .... 'Fiscal mistake'! You're making a terrible 'fiscal mistake'! Then more darkly Tor thinks: I don't make threats.

I think you are keeping all the equines, though you can still spank him if you like. Do you have gauntlets? ;) *SMACK!* "Yee-OUCHIE!"

Fan's willing to help where he can.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Scarlet Scarab wrote:

I don't have a crowbar, but...

"Someone hand me something and I'll crack it open!"

*CRACK!!*

The chest contains: 200 gp, 500 sp and 5 doses of medium spider venom. The small reinforced chest is now broken.

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame
Scarlet Scarab wrote:

"Your first mistake was sending that owl at me." She points her sword at him. "Your second mistake was almost killing my friend there. Veiled death threats? Don't make a third. Get out of here before I change my mind."

She spanks the horse Tor is on, spurring it down the road.

Numalar nods, watching Tor disappear. "Well said. But we may need to be on our guard for them. We've given them a grudge, and they may be the type to cling to it."

And yes, we did keep all the mounts.

Scarlet Scarab wrote:
Later that night, Scarlet sits back and quietly listens to Numalar's explanation of his recovery. "...it's nice to have a guardian angel watching over you though, right?"

Numalar pokes at the fire some more. "I suppose, though I'm not sure I would call it that. I don't think Nyrissa was expecting me. And I don't think she brought me there, not deliberately, anyhow. So I certainly wouldn't assume I will see her again if I die."

Numalar shakes his head, as if trying to wake himself up. "Perhaps it is something about this place... hmmm."

sense motive DC 13:
Later on Numalar decides to 'stretch his legs' before leaving the campsite. He is not trying to hide anything (this is Numalar rolling 0 on a bluff check) but something is eating him, and you notice him making a sketch of the area as he walks around, noting the position of the little hills, preserving the details of the place in case they are important. Perhaps he thinks the site long ago was once something else, something significant.

Scarlet Scarab wrote:
If we don't get an explanation from the Gallows House, we should say Tuskgutter was responsible...

I don't want to lie to Renault. I think we have more or less enough, that there was a conspiracy by Tor and his friends, and they were trying to extort information from Tamris and his animal was a loose end. But I'd prefer to have the actual facts. If Gallows took a bribe to make his report then he can keep the money for all I care - at least we'll know what happened.

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame

Practical Things:

RPGGGM wrote:

So the question is: Did you want to stay at camp for the night?

It's going to be a couple of hours before you move out with the pig and the camp. The Gallow's place is on the way to Renault's--which even with the stop you could get to by about in the small hours of the morning. Getting to Oleg's from here would probably mean getting there by a little before dawn.

Otherwise....

It is after dark. Numalar's preference would probably to wait until morning before letting Tor go. There's a lot of blood around though and nighttime predators are an issue. So I'm not sure.

If we talk to Farmer Gallows it should be in the morning. No need to get him up in the middle of the night. He might panic and do something stupid.

Does Tor wish to be brought to the New Stetven Road? If so we can press on towards Oleg's now if people want.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
"Scoping the area. Something we should have done in the first place, I guess." She nods. "Numalar, I guess we should head back in the morning- what's up, do you think this is an important place or something?"

"Hey Fan, you want to help set up camp? You've been a bit quiet since Tamris left."

Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
"Time to make camp! Sticks go here, flint goes there, and let's rest easy."


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

@Tuskgutter: We already dined on him. But we can bring back what's left, certainly.

@Numalar's story - We still have no idea what happened to his corpse. Is there still a dead numalar there and he got "created" in a new body when sent back? Did the corpse dissolve into thin air while Celyne and Posh tried to help him? And lastly: What to roll to have have heared of this Nyrissa in stories, or similar occurances in the past? If I missed the corpse-handling, apologies.

@Gallows and Renault: Don't care.

As Tor, Meg and Grogan are about to leave, Alia will wave them farewell:"Take care, and good luck on the road. Do not come back, though, please. For all our sakes.", watching as they walk(and fly) off until they disappear behind a corner.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

So spending the night and telling ghost stories then?

Alia of the Blade wrote:
@Tuskgutter: We already dined on him. ....

2,000 lbs of pig? I guess folks are waddling back to Oleg's accompanied by tuba music. ;)

@Numalar's story - We still have no idea what happened to his corpse.

There is no sign of it. It seemingly disappeared with the mist. Enough staring at the area with survival shows that he fell there but that's about it.

Fan goes about helping set up camp.

1d100 ⇒ 58


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

@Tuskgutter: I meant that we already cut off the head for transport, and likely got some choice bits and pieces as roasted dinner and pet food :) Dunno how accurately we butchered or if we've been wasteful, but ya, there should be plenty left - just not the best parts ;)


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

"It is as I thought, we shall have to be careful in future in our interaction with others in society as this lot will be after us.

We should probably camp here or we'll lose the pig. The fire will help.

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame
Scarlet Scarab wrote:
"Numalar, -what's up, do you think this is an important place or something?"

Numalar, lost in thought, doesn't notice at first that he is being addressed.

"What? Oh-" he looks around at the area.

"Well... these small mounds - what are they? Are they natural? They seem small to be a geological feature. Perhaps they are burial mounds? Or perhaps they conceal ruins of some sort?"

"Perhaps they have something to do with what happened to me. I don't know. But I intend to look into it, so I may as well make notes. This land has an ancient and lost history."

Numalar continues sketching until he feels he has an accurate diagram of the area. He also takes a look in the three pits.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

GGGM: Is the centre pit natural or was it dug recently like the two other pits? I am also looking for any evidence that there might be some kind of layer under the dirt that indicates that this is a ruin of some kind. It's sort of OOC knowledge but what made me think of it is that in Mayan ruins you sometimes see these small mounds - they are actually buildings that became overgrown.


Male Gnome Bard/ 3rd AC: 15 (T 12, FF 14), HP 20/20 5NL, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 Enchantment | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +4
Tor of Hom wrote:
Numalar Auritonius wrote:

I assume that Tor accepts our "settlement" then. In that case...

To Tor before he leaves:

"Well, that is that then. But one word about your project."

"Hunting is a royal privilege. Nobody cares if you take a rabbit or two for your stew pot, but the kind of operation you intend will need to have royal assent. You would need to go to New Stetven to get it but I doubt it would be too hard to get, assuming you are willing to pay for it."

"If we encounter you again in such an undertaking I expect you to have proof of such assent. If you prefer, we can take you as far as the road to New Stetven, though our duties prevent us from leaving the Stolen Lands."

Tor complies but adds darkly: "You're making a terrible mistake you know."

Posh smirks at that sentence.

"I've made many mistakes in my life, but this one I think I can live with." he states with a gin and looks to Scarlet with an affirmative nod.

Numalar Auritonius wrote:


Numalar pokes at the fire some more. "I suppose, though I'm not sure I would call it that. I don't think Nyrissa was expecting me. And I don't think she brought me there, not deliberately, anyhow. So I certainly wouldn't assume I will see her again if I die."

Numalar shakes his head, as if trying to wake himself up. "Perhaps it is something about this place... hmmm."

** spoiler omitted **

sense motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Well uninterestingly enough Posh does nothing about Numalar walking off.

Posh simply sits by, digesting the story and looking into the fire and thinking about all the recent events. There is clearly something disturbing and magical within this land.
"There is something strange in this land, but I don't know if it means us harm or not." he states openly, looking deep into the fire as he thinks about the many different events.

GM:
Posh is now thinking that this Nyrissa may have been the one who healed his past love since she was certainly dead when he left her (or atleast he assumed so, taking such a strike to the chest and keeling over in a location where, as far as he knew, no one was nearby) so he wonders if this Nyrissa is the one who brought her back and if so, for what reason? Again, gotta commend you for the many curve balls you keep throwing and making this interesting even to someone who has read all the APs and has a good idea of what was originally in the background.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Poshment:
Well, considering Posh's heal check is a +-2.... ;)


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Numalar Auritonius wrote:
GGGM: Is the centre pit natural or was it dug recently like the two other pits? I am also looking for any evidence that there might be some kind of layer under the dirt that indicates that this is a ruin of some kind. It's sort of OOC knowledge but what made me think of it is that in Mayan ruins you sometimes see these small mounds - they are actually buildings that became overgrown.

Good thought but no. All the pits (shown on the map or no) were dug out with Kobold-trapmaking expertise and look pretty much the same for it. Any inconsistency can be chalked up to on-the-fly cartography. Keep that idea in mind though for later encounters.


Male Gnome Bard/ 3rd AC: 15 (T 12, FF 14), HP 20/20 5NL, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 Enchantment | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +4
RPGGGM wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

GM:
Well to be fair he didn't hang around long. Partly the storm and partly if there were any backup with her. Also this leads to why he's overly suspecious over her as not only was she seen speaking to people we had issues with, but if I were killed/left for dead by someone, even if it was in their defence, I can't see myself years later sitting at a dinner table with them and going "Oh, hey honey. Remember that time you stabbed me in the chest with your rapier and left me there in the cold and damp rain? Those were the times. Ha Ha." so he has a lot of suspecion, but also doesn't want to let the group know because...well...I belive he feels if they knew the kinds of things he had done, possible worse than what some of the bandits who ended up being hanged, he may find himself at the end of a rope and a short drop too. However with the rping going on about punishment and such he does believe that if anything, Alia would be by his side along with Celyne and possibly Scarlet.

Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon will have a look around the area checking out the mounds and if there is anything special about it

Kn Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Kn Geography: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Kn Dungeoneeering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Percepton: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Knowledge(Geography): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Scarlet tries to help Zokon with the investigation.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Nothing comes to mind. Scarlet remembers that the locals don't often come this close to the woods for fear of the shining host AKA the fair folk. She also knows that the Narlmarches, an ancient wood, was once much grander until about a thousand years ago when Taldor's northern expansionary period ended with the colonization of the lands that would later be called Brevoy.


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Alia prepares the camp, wordlessly working next to Fan. After a while, she looks over to him:"Sorry. I was unjust towards you. I was certain you knew more about Dappled and Tamris than you let on. I erred. Will you accept a sincere apology?"


"Not really. I travel about a good deal you see, and while I like the road the woods are an altogether other thing. Apology accepted." And then in a tone of deep solemnity, Fan adds: "An Auric is ever-magnanimous."

The night passes without further incident. Gray spring dawn arrives bathing everyone not in a tent in dew.

So what are the plans for today? Where to (arranged by distance)? The Gallows farm (of which you have vague idea of where it is), Samuel Renault's farmstead (with day 2 of the Flower Festival being held close-by), Oleg's Trading Post, or somewhere else?


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

After busying himself breaking down camp and helping with cooking, fire and such Zokon gathers all for a talk

"We need to get back to our exploration duties, but at this stage we need to check in with Tuskgutter and collect the reward and maybe sell some booty. Talking about booty we may need to find Naleksa, she's been useful at times to have along."


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

"Good points... we not only need to sell some things, but maybe buy some things too... I feel badly underequipped for being in a fight... I'd like to get Luna some armor, like mine but for kitties ." she smiles and shrugs... "Hope we have enough money for my share to cover that."


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

"If there is someone making kitty armor, Vega may need some too, eventually...if you help me train him, I'll gladly lend you part of my share to cover the costs for Luna's barding! As for where to go first...is the Gallow's Farm on the way to Renaults? I have no idea about what is where in this area..."


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

Oooh, I'd be happy to help train her... well in actuality it will be more like me teaching you to train her, because you want her focused on you, not me...but still, glad to help out... and no need to loan you part of your share... If there isn't enough, I will wait. I don't want you to be short of what you want." Celyne rubs Luna's head and jaw, and cajoles her into rolling over to get her belly rub...


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

"There's nothing I really NEED, but Luna needs that protection. Wouldn't want anything to happen to her. So if you want me to put it that way: What I want is for her to be save. Which means feel free to take from my share!", Alia smiles at Celyne, very cautiously trying to scratch Luna behind the ears.


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

Celyne nods and encourages Alia to pet Luna... "She loves behind the ears... go ahead... you'll have her purring in no time.. and thanks... if you put it that way, I will accept your assistance if it's necessary - but if so, consider it a loan, I will repay it when you go to armor Vega okay?"


*Spit, spit, HISS!*


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

"now now, be a good kitty, Vega"

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame
Alia of the Blade wrote:
" As for where to go first...is the Gallow's Farm on the way to Renaults?"

I don't personally know though I think our characters have a vague idea where the Gallows farm is.

"We definitely need to speak to Farmer Gallows (or better yet, his daughter) before we make any report to Renault. But we also have this gigantic pig carcass to deal with, which we don't want to spoil."

Numalar snaps his fingers.

"Actually, now that I think of it, perhaps we should bring the Pig to the fair? It is still going on. We can arrange to have the thing cooked as a barbecue for everyone; the hunter Larimus Finch only wanted the head as proof... Also Fusti Isben was going to make head cheese from the brain. But the rest of the body we can use to make some friends. We might even find Finch and Isben at the fair."

"We could drop off the pig, then if there is time we could head to Farmer Gallows' place to interview him and return for the feast."

"How does that sound?"


Male Gnome Bard/ 3rd AC: 15 (T 12, FF 14), HP 20/20 5NL, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 Enchantment | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +4

"Sounds like a plan, but how do we haul this beast back or shall we get the locals to help lift it? Posh inquires looking at the beast, making sure to draw his rapier and stab it to make sure it's dead. "We could take the head as proof to convince the people to come down here and bring the rest."


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |
Poshment Underhill wrote:
... Posh inquires looking at the beast, making sure to draw his rapier and stab it to make sure it's dead...

We already cooked and ate part of it at camp during the night...I sure hope it's dead...

"Sure. If we don't pass the farm on the way, lets head back to the fair. I know we are waiting to talk with the Gallows, but do you have an idea what you're going to tell Renault? Or do we hope the death of Tuskgutter will buy us enough sympathy to get a pass on the in-depth explanations...", Alia states while feeding and petting Vega (making sure he understands the difference between "what I can bite and chew to satisfy my hunger" and "the slender paw-parts of my elf making me feel good")

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame
Poshment Underhill wrote:
"Sounds like a plan, but how do we haul this beast back or shall we get the locals to help lift it?

We have five horses - I thought we were rigging something up with them? It's not that far so we can just walk.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet nudges Tuskgutter. "Let's hoist this thing back to the fair, then. We'll be hometown heroes. Maybe Farmer Renault is at the farm."


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

Can someone put together a travois?.. a couple of lengths of wood and some rope to lash them to a horse and make a netting..."

3,401 to 3,450 of 12,432 << first < prev | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Stolen Lands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.