Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread

Game Master nightflier

Set in the grim world of Aryth, Nightflier's Midnight is a game that speaks of almost futile hope that shines against the darkness.


2,601 to 2,650 of 6,403 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

OK so the marching order is
Kiron
Pebbles
Sorok
Anang
Ilona
Solvi
Gilian
Ragnar
Chops
Felina

Does this work for everyone?


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

thumbs up


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Perfect


Male Danisil - Evil Subtype Wildlander/1 Rogue/2

Good times

Dark Archive

Reflex check DC 18 to pass for all of you who are not small creatures. Those of you who have Acrobatics as skill can roll that check with same DC.


Reflex 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Acrobatics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
.
Wasn't sure if you meant as well as or instead of. If not both, I guess the first roll will be the one I go with. (I didn't click post or preview I swear to Izrador.)

Edit: Awesome, both were the same roll.

Re-edit: Not-awesome. I think Chops got stuck. :(


Male Danisil - Evil Subtype Wildlander/1 Rogue/2

Acrobatics 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
I can see that this cave is going to end up being a right pain. I'm stuck as well.


Acrobatics 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Doing the stuck thing, he he.


Acrobatics 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Well at least someone is not stuck, he he

Dark Archive

Felina; Solvi's Familiar wrote:

Acrobatics 1d20+9

Well at least someone is not stuck, he he

Felina is small, so she did not have to roll. It seems that this is going to be interesting...


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6Yeah this sucks

Stuck Ilona concentrates for moment.

"C'mon we are not going to be foiled by a stupid rock opening. We can do this"

Dark Archive

Waiting on Kiron's roll...


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Yep I'm a very stuck dwarf. This is probably a new experience for my character as tunnels are usually too short for average medium sized creatures not too thin.


I guess it would have helped if we all didn't try to fit in the hole at the same time. ;P
.
Anybody got a grease spell?


Actually Gilian does have Grease, she used it to great effect against Dorzar, he he


"Hey Sorok, that's not an axe handle!"


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Ilona seems to virtually radiate confidence, inspiring her allies to absolute effieciency.

Casting Inspiration 6 times on herself, Anang, Ragnar, Solvi, Chops, and Sorok each will now have +10 to next skill check

Acrobatics1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29


Solvistania feels the walls constricting her , and it takes her back to a place she refused to ever go to again, the Pits of Hell. she starts to feel panic take hold, then she feels Ilona gives her, and the rest of her pack extra confidence to escape this trap laid by their foes.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 10 = 22


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

After Ilona begins talking the struggling group deeper into the narrow depths, Ragnar is finally able to make his first attempt.

As he hears their grunts and scrapes he looks down at himself with a resigned sigh, and then off to his left.

"Oh, shut up."

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Then strips off his coat and bear-skin, and the harness that holds his sword and quiver on his back, wraps them in a bundle with the chain around his waist and fairly easily slips through the tunnel dragging his gear behind him.

Dark Archive

Ilona Ebonblade wrote:

Ilona seems to virtually radiate confidence, inspiring her allies to absolute effieciency.

Casting Inspiration 6 times on herself, Anang, Ragnar, Solvi, Chops, and Sorok each will now have +10 to next skill check

Acrobatics1d20+13

Great job, Ilona. 50 XP.

Dark Archive

Gilian will not have any problems to pass, since she is small. But I am waiting on Kiron, since he is at the front, so if he can not pass than neither can any of you.


Male Danisil - Evil Subtype Wildlander/1 Rogue/2

Just occurred to me that I could have taken 10 on that and had no chance at all of getting stuck. Doh
Acrobatics 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36


Acrobatics 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32

Dark Archive

If Kirion doesn't roll in the next 12 hours or so, I'm gonna roll for him, just to let you know.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Sorok attempts to squeeze through the tight corridor and is annoyed to find that he is too wide to easily fit through the natural tunnel and begins to mutter to himself.
"I've known the difference of an axe handle and a stone wall longer than yeu've been alive ye oaf. By the Mother, give me an hour here and I'd have this tunnel wide enough that even the Orc could fit through easily."
Then when Ilona begins inspiring the group with words of encouragement and tips on how to get through small spaces he stops muttering to himself and focuses on getting through the tunnel.
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Male Orc, Tribe Moon mother, convert: White Mother Sect 3/wildlander

Reflex1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"I think I am managing well enough. Not that I would complain at all if we had the time to widen the hall and." Kiron listens in on Ilonas encouraging words even if they aren't speciffically intended for him.

Dark Archive

After several tight spots, the Bonebeares manage to push through the narrow cave opening and to descend down the long but not so steep tunnel. Complete darkness rules in this womb of living rock and there is no sound to be heard except heavy breathing of men and fay who go looking for death in the dark.

After what seems to be hours of pushing through the narrow passage, walls of the tunnel seem to be widening ever so slightly... and you smell water.

Kiron:
Since you have darkvision, you can see that the tunnel ends with a ledge some 30 feet away.


Earth Elemental Familiar 5

Pebble moves alongside Kiron, still using his earth glide ability. If he spots anything, he will pop out of the ground and tell him.


Male Orc, Tribe Moon mother, convert: White Mother Sect 3/wildlander

"The hall drops off in about thirty feet or so. I'll stop a bit before we get there." The orc readies his blade, being the first line of defense against the unknown. All the while trying not to stare fascinatingly at the small rock Gillian sliding along side him.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

After squeezing through Ragnar slowly stands up again, looking back at the narrow passage.

"I am curious how an Oruk managed that." he says to Muni.


Raven Spiritual Channeler 5

"Hey, I didn't stick around to watch. Wouldn't surprise me if the demon switched bodies again though. That one was barely hanging together." The bird says from the Dorn's shoulder.


Solvistania overhears Muni's comment and says quietly, "Yes, you are right Muni. We should be careful. A creature that can be in many forms, is tough to track down, but we must persevere.

She glances at Ilona, "Dare we risk more light?"


Male Orc, Tribe Moon mother, convert: White Mother Sect 3/wildlander

As Kiron approaches the cliff, he looks down studying what is below him. " No Offense to Ragnar, but I don't see what we could possibly loose in stealth, unless it is deaf and blind, then it knows we are coming."


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

The big dorn sighs, looks around him at the invisible spirits, and awkwardly shuffles backward as far as the cave will allow. The constant scraping and crying that follows him everywhere seems even louder in the tight confines, echoing off the walls, and the sea of tiny pairs of pin-prick lights glow brightly without fire or daylight to quench them.

"We... I... will wait here if there is scouting to be done."


Male Orc, Tribe Moon mother, convert: White Mother Sect 3/wildlander

Kiron grins wolfishly," Oh, I don't mind it knowing, I would rather have you with us and it knowing good and well that we are on our way, then it not know and you standing back here missing the fun. I wouldn't want to leave your friends behind either. By the way tell them I sad thanks for their part in our weapon making as well." he stares over the lip, trying to make out what he is looking at.


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

"It definitely knows we're coming hon. Stealth was out the window the second we had to force our way through and I'm betting it can see in the dark, so lets do away with the advantage. If you've got light use it. Kiron and Sorok, if you want to stay outside the perimeter of light your darkvision would be a great early detection."


Solvistania puts her hand on Ragnars shoulder, and murmers, "I believe Kiron speaks truthfully, he knows we are here. We are a pack, Ragnar, and we shall stand or fall as one. Your presence is nuch needed. I am sure Ilona will agree." She gives the Dorn a smile, which lights up her face in the glow of the ghost light. Hearing Ilona's reply only causes her smile to grow wider.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

Ragnar nods and he straightens a bit more. He does not smile, but he does seem more comfortable than he had a moment before.

"Light our way." he says to the spirit-torches, which flare and fly straight through Kiron as if he was not there to light up the cave.

each spirit torch sheds light in a 60 foot diameter globe. Three of them gives us a whole lot of light.

Dark Archive

Ragnar Death-Speaker wrote:

Ragnar nods and he straightens a bit more. He does not smile, but he does seem more comfortable than he had a moment before.

"Light our way." he says to the spirit-torches, which flare and fly straight through Kiron as if he was not there to light up the cave.

each spirit torch sheds light in a 60 foot diameter globe. Three of them gives us a whole lot of light.

Ghostly lights illuminate a part of obviously huge natural cave. Stalactites hang from the ceiling and drops of water silently fall from their tips into a large lake, deathly still - with little concentric circles made by falling drops as only exception. Ledge ends above the lake waters and the drop from the tunnel exit to the surface of the lake is some 40 feet.


Solvistania looks down at the deathly still lake, and murmers to Ilona, "I believe the demon have have possess a underwater creature in the lake, perhaps a shark or other fearsome beast."


Male Orc, Tribe Moon mother, convert: White Mother Sect 3/wildlander

Kiron looks as if he is at a lose of how to precede. Orcs have a natural distaste for water and the irrational need to know what lurks under the surface of such expanses of water.

Do the stalactites look even remotely as if they could be navigated?


Raven Spiritual Channeler 5

"You there!" The bird says to one of the spirit-torches "Follow me, 'bout thirty feet back. Let's take a look around."

Muni has Darkvision, so is having the torch follow him at the very edge of it's illumination, so if anything attacks him or surprises him, the light will be close so the others can see it. It also lets the group keep track of where the bird is while they get a look at the rest of the cavern.


male Dorn Barbarian 2, Spiritual Channeler 2

"Gilian, can Pebble go beneath the waters and surface on the other side there?" Ragnar says pointing across to the stone on the far side of the underground lake.


Male Orc, Tribe Moon mother, convert: White Mother Sect 3/wildlander

Kiron's eyes widen at the thought of being under the surface under the water.If not, surely he could travel threw the walls. He says, not wishing that on anyone,even the little rockling.


Earth Elemental Familiar 5

Pebble looks at his mistress and seeing her nod, straighten himself and with a high pitched and slightly forced voice says:
"If it is rock I can do it, but I will come back as soon as I encounter anything or sense anything"

Pebble will go stealthily under the lake to try to sense what is going on in there.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Dark Archive

Kiron WhiteMoon wrote:

Kiron looks as if he is at a lose of how to precede. Orcs have a natural distaste for water and the irrational need to know what lurks under the surface of such expanses of water.

Do the stalactites look even remotely as if they could be navigated?

You are in prone position, so there's no way that you can jump that far.

Dark Archive

Gilian's Pebble wrote:

Pebble looks at his mistress and seeing her nod, straighten himself and with a high pitched and slightly forced voice says:

"If it is rock I can do it, but I will come back as soon as I encounter anything or sense anything"

Pebble will go stealthily under the lake to try to sense what is going on in there.

Stealth 1d20+7
Perception 1d20+5

Pebble:
You descend down the lake wall several hundred yards, but there is no end in sight. Do you wish to continue further?

Earth Elemental Familiar 5
nightflier wrote:
Gilian's Pebble wrote:

Pebble looks at his mistress and seeing her nod, straighten himself and with a high pitched and slightly forced voice says:

"If it is rock I can do it, but I will come back as soon as I encounter anything or sense anything"

Pebble will go stealthily under the lake to try to sense what is going on in there.

Stealth 1d20+7
Perception 1d20+5

** spoiler omitted **

After several hundreds yard of descent and having found nothing, Pebble comes back, head low.

"I am sorry, Mistress Gillian, the lake is very deep and I could not get to the bottom of it. Do you want me to go round it to see if there is any exit."


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Gilian nods and Pebble's report. "You did well, you did well. Going round the lake is a good idea. Try to go near the surface, that's where an exit could be located."


Earth Elemental Familiar 5

"Yes, mistress Gilian, I will do it."

Pebble will circle the lake at the surface level to locate any hidden exit. If he does not find any, he will come back to the group."

2,601 to 2,650 of 6,403 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.