Iobaria: The Fallen Empire

Game Master Corerue

A group of Mercenaries set off with their Mercenary company into the dark lands known as Iobaria. Braving the fallen realm and what dark history lies therein to make their mark, make some gold and perhaps become heroes...

Ambushing the Raiders!


801 to 850 of 1,330 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Male Male Human Evangelist cleric 4 HP 40/44 AC:17/13/14 F+7/R+4/W+9 Init+3 Perception+13

Assuming I'm reading the effects correct Maiathreen spent a move action gathering power to reduce the burn of his Kinetic fire blast by 1. This allowed him to use the "Burning" infusion without penalty. The infusion has a range of 30ft and uses a standard action to activate. So he most likely just shot a flaming Hadoken at the thing. Though its entirely possible Mai has some trick up his sleeve that reduces that.
@Mai, pretty sure these things have elemental resistances on top of the DR. It might also be that the DR is functioning as the creatures hardness and it just applies to damn near everything.
I'm going to hope Acid damage will over come it.

Wallace gets a strange look on his face as he sees the damage Maiathreens flames do to the statues. that's strangely effective on a statue I wonder if this will work any better.

Wallace moves forward and produces a Vial of dark liquid, shaking the mixture "Rhavenna, Duck!" The human calls pitching the vial straight for the heavily damaged portion of the statue.

I would like to aim the vial so I don't splash Rhavenna, So a called shot to the statues ruined arm so it mostly lands inside the thing rather than on my lovely horse-friend. Would it be fair to call that a -10? thats the penalty for a shot aiming for the heart in the called shot rules.
Splish splash (touch AC): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 = 251d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

EDIT: Even with the penalties involved I'm fairly sure thats a hit. 15 to hit touch AC with the -10 penalty counted in.
The liquid hissing violently against the stone and sending up a noxious cloud of iridescent colors


As Mai looked at these statues he noticed something rather odd with how they reacted to fire. As if they were somehow resisting it. His fears are confirmed when Wallace's vial slams into Rhavenna's bow armed opponent and, much to some surprise, did nothing to the statue. The acid hissed but the stone that made up these creatures with stood the test, luckily though Rhavenna was missed by the shattering and splashing of the acid's impact.

K-Arcana DC 18:

These creatures are Carytid Columns, a type of simplistic type of Golem, able to understand simple commands when given and follow aset of direction. However they can be made of specific materials that make them more or less tougher then normal.

Unlike shield golems though these are not as robust and can be wore down in combat. Granted that they're statue form has the tendency to shatter weapons that impact it...

DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 9, flat-footed 14 (–1 Dex, +5 natural)
hp 42 (4d10+20)
Fort +1; Ref –1; Will +0
Defensive Abilities shatter weapons; DR 5/—; Immune construct traits, magic

OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft.
Melee type +6 (1d8+2)

STATISTICS
Str 14, Dex 9, Con —, Int —, Wis 11, Cha 1
Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 15

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Immunity to Magic (Ex)

A caryatid column is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance. In addition, certain spells and effects function differently against the creature, as noted below.

A transmute rock to mud spell deals 1d6 points of damage per caster level to a caryatid column, with no saving throw, while transmute mud to rock heals all of its lost hit points.

A stone to flesh spell does not actually change the column’s structure but negates its damage reduction and immunity to magic for 1 full round.

Shatter Weapons (Ex)

Whenever a character strikes a caryatid column with a weapon (magical or non-magical), the weapon must succeed on a DC 14 Fortitude save or shatter into pieces. A magic weapon uses its own save bonus or that of the wielder, whichever is higher. If the weapon breaks, the caryatid column takes no damage from the attack. The save DC is Constitution-based and includes a +2 racial bonus.

it has an inherent 5/- DR which in some cases adds to its energy resistance depending on what stone materials it was crafted from.


K-Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

...is this the wrong time to say that energy blasts allow spell resistance..


Male Male Human Evangelist cleric 4 HP 40/44 AC:17/13/14 F+7/R+4/W+9 Init+3 Perception+13

Wallace clicks his tongue frowning as he looks at the sputtering acid "Well that confirms my concern that these things are resistant to elements as well as normal damage. I'd hoped that acid would be more effective in burning through them." the human informs as he looks from one statue to the next. Trying to gauge what else he might be able to do.

Sadly wallace can't actually make a knowledge check that high without his Lore master trick. His Knowledge skills are actually rather pitiful if he can't use his Lore master trick.


Mai: Probably lol.

Waiting on Livain.


read the spoiler I made the check I'll share


Round , Init , ' AC 20, HP 36/36 Arcane Pool: 6/6 Magus (Eldritch Archer) Spells Prepared (CL 4th; concentration +8)
2nd—force anchor, scorching ray
1st—color spray (DC 15), gravity bow[APG], ray of enfeeblement (DC 15), snowball (DC 15)
0 (at will)—detect magic, light, ray of frost, read magic

5 ft step
Casting ray of frost and full attack

1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 14
1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 9 Really?


Female Centaur Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine tracker) 4

Dropping her lance, Rhavenna quickly draws her swords, attacking the massive statue with rapid strikes.

Fireforged steel longsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Cold Iron short sword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


"Only use weapons your willing to lose. These are Carytid Columns they damage anything to hits them! They are also immune to most magic." Maiathreen says as he realizes his flames are effective.


Male Male Human Evangelist cleric 4 HP 40/44 AC:17/13/14 F+7/R+4/W+9 Init+3 Perception+13

If you feel like hedging your bets next round You might consider casting snowball as a standard action. That spell ignores spell resistance so you should be able to cast it without issue. It also hits touch AC so you are likely looking for a 10 or less. Admittedly there is an unknown amount of elemental resistance to deal with with but 4d6 ought to at the very least harm them.
There is also the chance of the crappy rolls ending and you hitting them anyway.

Also boo to magic messing with your best trick Mai.


Mai's statue seems to waver, its skin becoming almost scaley as the fire burning acrossed it extinguished instantly. As Livain's arrows snapped and shattered as they struck it, it moved forward and swung at her again!

@ Livain! CRITCAL! Confirmation at the bottom!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Damage to Livain!: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The Statue Staggered, several pieces breaking off as Rhavenna's blades lashed out and the centauress gave her all in brining the threat to them to an end. However these now fracturing vision of Pazazu was still standing, albeit barely, jerkily reaching for an arrow as the fight continued around it.

Damage to Rhavenna's Weapons?: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 2) = 6
Damage to Rhavenna's Weapons?: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 3) = 8

Sparks flew and though the edge on her blades would be dull after this fight, her blades held strong and didn't appear to be any worse for wear...

________________________________

Rhavenna's enemy struck out with its bow, never backing away a single step. Taking aim with its stone bow and drawing back another of its deadly arrows.

@ Rhavenna!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Damage to her!: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The arrow stuck, hanging from her flank and further dragging her down like an anchor and hindering her movements. The statue never hesitated as it began reaching for another arrow.

Tidus and his opponent exchanged blows, though Tidus struck far faster than the caryatid of Pazazu, though the birdmen statue swung with a deadly strength in that single blow...

Attack Tidus!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Tidus crossed his blades and grunted as he deflected the statues attacks, its blade slamming into the stone by his feet before he advanced on it again with blades lashing out!

Critc confirm on Livain?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Additional Critical Damage to Livian!: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

The unarmed statue slams Livain hard enough to splatter blood across the ice, a rather hard hit as well and in response Tersi's flaming fist slammed into the statue a second later, shattering it completely. The large elemental was slowly eroding away the icy fog as the heat he was letting off was slowly warming the area around the group. The dispersing fog revealed a shimmering gem amidst the rubble of the unarmed statue shuddering debris. A nearly two fist sized chunk of a silvery metal...

Livain:

To the untrained eye you would have mistaken this large chunk of ore as simply being Silver. But this is much much more rare then that. It was Inubrix Ametal that you had seen only a thumb size flake of in the possession of the old dwarf. A metal he spoke more highly of in the creation of weapons then even Adamantium.

DC Craft Weapons 25 to remember what the old dwarf had told you of this metal's particular properties...

"That takes care of..." He stops short, his massive flaming head rising in surprise as the statues broken parts start to reform. Rumbling as they rolled back together and crunching as they started to smash themselves together...

Unnoticed by Tidus as he continued to struggle with his opponent...

Spoiler:

3d20 ⇒ (8, 20, 12) = 40
3d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 3) = 11
3d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 1) = 9
3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 5) = 12

2d6 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 8 + 2 = 16
1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

Sparks danced and the sword weilding statue looked to be in as nearly bad of shape as the bowman facing Rhavenna. Tidus barked in excitement. Totally fixated on his near one on one struggle with his opponent. "Not so damn tough are you!"

Begin Round 3! Party is up
Sorry for the confusion there. Will let Rhavenna's extra round actions go and let her act as my post by post recapping was confusing lol.So feel free to act this round Rhavenna!

Tersi - Finished
Tidus - Finished
Party Actions for 3rd Round needed~

Enemy Stats -

Unarmed - HP - -/36 - Reforming?! Rounds Remaining - 2d4 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2
Bow - HP - 2/36
Sword - HP - 8/36
AC 14, touch 9, flat-footed 14 (-1 Dex, +5 natural)
Special Abilities DR 5/—


Male Male Human Evangelist cleric 4 HP 40/44 AC:17/13/14 F+7/R+4/W+9 Init+3 Perception+13

Wallace's face falls as the statue begins smashing itself back together the human muttering something vile under his breath as he looks at the situation at hand.
Healing her now just means this thing has more chances to harm us. I need to provide a method to end this or healing will do nothing.He gives his companion an apologetic glance as he moves toward the reforming statue.
"Joy, the things don't seem to die when you stab them. Mai, do you think you can melt the ice under it? Tersi same question. We don't have to fight it if its stuck in an ice pit." The human asks as he draws close to the ruined statue and reaches for the strange objects shining core.
Learny touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
I'm assuming an attack roll on the destroyed construct is unnecessary but I'm rolling one just in case.
"Now you cursed construct, show me what secrets you hold."
Knowledge DC 24 from the touch. Looking for weaknesses or secrets for the core the statue is made from and/or the room in general.

@Rhavenna. Please remember for next round that Wallace is giving you a +2 to hit and damage from his banner and song. That +2 damage is going to come in handy for breaking these things quickly. Amusingly the damage types i'm using multiply on crits so it should double/triple on lance charges as well.

@Corerue The statue just shot a ranged weapon in melee with Rhavenna. Does it provoke an attack of opportunity from our mighty murder mare?

EDIT: Well damn. crappy roll for me. guess I'm just going to have to hope that being destroyed drops its AC by some. Hopefully my knowledge check nets me something useful to this situation.


Female Centaur Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine tracker) 4

It's using a bow in melee, shouldn't I get an AoO in addition to my regular action?


Indeed you do Rhavenna! My Apologies~ ^^; Long post during the holidays and per usual I missed an obvious part because I was rushing hehe.


Male Male Human Evangelist cleric 4 HP 40/44 AC:17/13/14 F+7/R+4/W+9 Init+3 Perception+13

Cool, that also means if Rhavenna can deal enough damage with her Aoo to kill it that the attack made against her never happened. Aoo's are the interrupt speed effect of pathfinder after all.
In short: Woo! Go murder mare! break that statue.


Female Centaur Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine tracker) 4

AoO Fireforged steel longsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Rhavenna's blades proved quicker then the Pazazu's statues bow, and with a well aimed blow her blade shatters the statue completely. However like the one before, its part start to rumble as if they had a life of their own...

Damage to Rhavenna's blade: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 1) = 11

Despite her success however she notices a difference in her blade and sees a portion of the blade itself has been broken off with that final blow. The integrity of her blade was now unknown...

Masterwork Fireforged Steel Longsword has lost 1 HP and has Broken Condition.

Wallace:

A blaring sound echoes in your ears, forcing you to grip your head as the floor under your feet rumbles with violent vibrations. Flashes of light fill your goggles and you shift to look around and find you are in the midst of a titanic struggle between humans. Geared in the most magnificent armor you have ever seen, wielding weapons and blades that emitted eye blinding light. Fighting what could only be described as cthulhuic horrors from beyond the realms of madness and covered in tentacles tipped with blades, suckers or a mixture of both. Body parts, blood and other viscera fly as the struggle continues around you.

Large glass windows on the walls show objects you don't understand, dotted lines leading to what appears to be a globe and most of it being bathed in a flashing attention grabbing red. One window shows what could only be a massive object hurtling away from you at great speed and by the way the window was soon filling with a red hot glow you could only imagine that where you were wasn't safe at all!

The floor tilts as the violent vibration worsens then and the two fighting groups separate, the humans holding their position somehow without a wisp of magic and the horrors sliding off into the darkness around you. As you slide towards them one of the humans reaches out and grasps your hand. But before your skill can take hold a look of rage crosses their face and they level a large weapon at you right after letting go of your hand. They shout something in an alien tongue and with a flash of light the vision ends...

Learny Touchy - Wallace:

Upon touching the stone you receive a vision, the worth of this stone is immeasurable. It could easily set you apart from the mercenary life for the rest of your days if you just chose to take it and sell it. However this stone, if set in the right hands, could bring about good fortune for others...


Male Male Human Evangelist cleric 4 HP 40/44 AC:17/13/14 F+7/R+4/W+9 Init+3 Perception+13

Wallace staggers back a step after touching the grinding statue, looking down and drawing in a sharp breath. The ice born vision beneath him a warped mirror in mockery of mortal form, flesh writhing like eels under sallow skin and eyes naught but lightless pits. the human draws in a short breath and exhales Aftershocks, my own mind gibbering. I've been drawing on its power too much lately. Or perhaps the world is starting to resemble that place too much. It isn't real unless I let it be. Wallace thinks as he shakes his head to concentrate on the battle at hand, continuing his somewhat unnerving song. Doing his best to shake the monsters swimming at the edges of his vision.
"We will be worn to dust if there is no way to slow these creatures down." Wallace states as he looks at the gleaming metal core of the statue in front of him. "What happens if we stuff that silver core in a spot where the rest of the statue can't reach it?"

Wallace has his anytool. which could very easily take the form of a pot with a sliding lid. Depending on how Corerue has these things getting power it might work. Or it might just destroy my anytool. won't know unless we try. Anyone got the K:Arcana to swing a guess as to how these shiny spheres might be affecting stuff?

Wallace always has the most fun times. Guess thats what I get for worshiping the super-devilCthulhu


Craft Weapons: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Once I get the metal properties I'll share them.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19
Spellstrike: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 = 23

Damage: 2d6 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 + 2 + 1 - 5 = 3
Damage: 2d6 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (4, 2) + 3 + 2 + 1 - 5 = 7

Livain switches targets aiming for the sword wielding statue this time a quick incantation improving the strength and accuracy of her bow. Nocking two of her dragon bone arrows she releases them in quick succession. Both shots meet with the statues left knee shattering it and causing the whole thing to collapse and shatter.


Properties of Inubrix:

Although it is the softest of the skymetals, it is the most unique in it cannot harm metal at all. In fact it passes through it completely as though it phases in and out of reality the moment contact would be made.

Being such a soft metal and its unique properties made it unsuited for armor or shield creation. However Weapons crafted from this metal weapon were not as potent as normal metal crafted weapons, though they had the added benefit of passing through armor and shields as though they were not there. Wounding an enemy without harming their gear...

Crafted as a weapon they are considered one size catagory smaller for damage purposes. Weapons crafted from this are considered to have the broken condition as well due to their fragile state. And ignore all armor bonuses if the armor is a metallic source.

A single arrowhead fetches near 250gp in some markets...

The metal appears to not be reacting with the rest of the Golem as though it stood apart from the whole...

Reformation time of the Bowman...: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Reformation time of the Swordsman...: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

By the time Livain's explanation was over the unarmed statue had already started reforming significantly enough that parts of its arms and legs were already moving as though it were ready for combat once more. Proceeding towards Livain in a shambling and slow manner as the rest of its pieces reformed into the whole.

Tidus, his opponent dispatched and not appearing to be reforming as quickly moved over to Livain and readied to attack...


Just to clarify. It isnt able to fight yet but it will be soon. 1 round. So uze this round wisely. Its hp is at 18/36 atm.


Male Male Human Evangelist cleric 4 HP 40/44 AC:17/13/14 F+7/R+4/W+9 Init+3 Perception+13

did we ever see any idea of if melting the ice was a possibility? (Is the big honking fire elemental melting holes where he stands?


Indeed the fog appears to bebdispersing from him atm.


Questions, comments, concerns?

You have one round of actions each of you can perform atm. Each statue is down and one is barely reforming and can be attacked if you want.


Female Centaur Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine tracker) 4

Putting away her swords, Rhavenna picks up her bow, sending an arrow streaking toward the reforming statue.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Male Male Human Evangelist cleric 4 HP 40/44 AC:17/13/14 F+7/R+4/W+9 Init+3 Perception+13

Rhavenna you are still under the effects of banner/song. +2/+2 is still active.

Wallace sighs as he looks at the reforming statues and shrugs. "Well this is going to become irritating." Glaring at the statue the human reforms his Manytool into a set of tongs with grasping pads and sets about removing the constructs silver core with the powers of science and leverage.
Not sure what you'd like me to roll for that. but I'll be attempting to remove the sphere based off my knowledge that it is not associated with the constructs power source. We shall see if that is correct.

"Maiathreen, can you do that fire wave again? We need to burn off this fog to free Livain from suppressing it. Rhavenna, Tidus, Tersi please break the statues as the regenerate. Well unless you can do something about the fog as well." The human asks with an obvious plan in mind
" If the waterfall in the distance still has an opening at the bottom we can use that but I figure this magic is going to have a limit in strength. We separate the statue fragments and have Livain bury them under ice or toss them in a deep hole. Even if it doesn't stop them it ought to purchase us enough time to figure out the trick to negating them."

Gather power ought to let you spam the fan of flames as a full round action. Perhaps Tersi has some fire magic to melt the fog faster.


Maithreen nods at Wallace's suggestion he takes a deep breath in and releases a gout of flames focusing it along the ground.


The fog recedes some the gouts of flame, revealing the now damp floor as the ice melts rapidly from the combined assault of Mai and Tersi's elemental form. It also revealed a bow made out of stone that wasn't the same as the statue of Pazazu.

Rhavenna's arrow strikes the reforming statute but it didn't halt its reforming and it starts to rise to its full form once more. Though cracked and distorted its bow and arrow were reforming as well.

With the fog receding it revealed the other statues in the room more clearly.

An archer clad in rough clothes, on their knees without their bow, several arrows protrude from their back.

An old woman, whose face had an understanding yet bemused expression, her right hand was cupped with her palm facing upwards.

A wild boar, looking enraged and preparing to charge. Its tusk appear to be overly large.

The first three statues appear to be covered in a blackish gunk, akin to mold or some other clinging plantlife.


Female Centaur Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine tracker) 4

Rhavenna fires again, hoping to put the statue down before it was capable of firing again.

1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18
1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10


The core was separated from the statue and doesn't seem to be reacting like the rest of it...

Apologies for the wait~!

Wallace plucks the metal core from the floor with his anytool as Rhavenna's arrow strikes the reforming Carytiid of Pazazu solidly but only seems to break away some of the reforming stone...

With the fog dispersed Tidus moves into action, coming in from behind the statue and slashing it with his blade. Which at this point was a mere blur of motion...

Tidus's action:

1d20 ⇒ 18
3d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 1) = 7
2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11

... his blow shatters the archer, sending its pieces crashing down and rolling apart into smaller chunks before resuming their odd shaking once more.

2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6

You have three rounds of actions that you all can perform.


Peering at his blade he gives a grunt of annoyance as the newly broken statue starts to roll back together. Albeit far more slowly. "Come on, just stay down damn it. This'll take forever to sharpen..."

He looks to you all then as he adds. "Gotcha Wallace, though hopefully these s~@&s don't break my swords..." He boots one of the pieces of rubble out into the fog and growls as it rolls back rather quickly...


Male Male Human Evangelist cleric 4 HP 40/44 AC:17/13/14 F+7/R+4/W+9 Init+3 Perception+13

The priest frowns as he looks at the newly freed metal core of the golem and the rest of its body ignoring the material. Wallace then looks over to Tidus and then gives a bark of laughter.
"Well then don't use your sword, it didn't just attempt to break your foot after all. And they don't seem to have harmed Tersi's fire form. Do you think you can inflict enough damage to shatter them bare handed?"
I had a glorious moment once as a monk fighting creatures like this. They break weapons, not natural attacks. Though it could well be they buck that trend here.

If there is a convenient natural feature to throw crap off of/into this would be an excellent juncture to look for it.
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18 Wallace listens for the sounds of the cavern, trying to discern if there is a hole the nearby waterwall is flowing into or if it is just carrying itself down a side cavern.
"Livain can you see where the water leads? Is it steep enough that there would be significant trouble getting back up?"

1st round
"I'm not going to be much use in either of our current ventures so I'll be attempting something slightly different." Wallace states as he juggles grips between the various things he was carrying, drawing an alchemist's fire flask and pitching it at the statue of the charging boar.
Flask: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 4 = 61d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
That should hit a 5ft square. Assuming I hit the statue dead center there is also the splash damage it deals and the chance to ignite if this stuff on the statue happens to be flammable. I hope it is.

2nd round
Wallace expends a burst of healing magic as he waits for the effects of his flask to become apparent.
Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 4
He also removes the metal sphere he had extracted and stuffs it into his bag to deal with later.

I'm going to hold on my round 3 action in hopes that burning the boar statue does something. Hopefully we can sink at least one of these statue with our 3 rounds. Livain can displace 42 cubic feet of ice in that time. Likely enough to serve our purposes in this. If burning the statues does something I suspect Maiathreen can help in that. If not then fire is quite good at melting ice as well.


Wallace's flask strikes the statue and surprisingly ignites quite brightly, almost blindingly so, before burning out within a few seconds. With the mold removed the statue appears sturdy but cracked, upon closer inspection the boar appears to be injured, a deep wound in its flank that appeared to be expertly crafted...


Male Male Human Evangelist cleric 4 HP 40/44 AC:17/13/14 F+7/R+4/W+9 Init+3 Perception+13

slight change of action.

2nd round

Wallace is halfway to stuffing the orb into his pack before he looks up and locks onto another of the statues. An old woman with an upturned right hand held out.
The humans brows twist as he looks at the gleaming metal surface of the orb, its sheen promising wealth beyond reason.
Not like our nature powered nanny would have let us keep this anyway.
"Perhaps it really is that simple. The statue of the woman looks like it should be holding something. Lets see if this does something."
Wallace then quickly walks toward statue in question.
Making a move action to walk 30ft instead of putting the orb away.

Round 3

Wallace approaches the statue, draws another flask of alchemist fire and smashes the vial all over it. The human wincing at the flame but continuing his action despite it. He sets the gleaming orb in the statues hand.

smash: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


The moment Wallace sets the stone in the elderly womans upturned hand the pieces of the monk statue stop moving completely. Though those still looking at Wallace are shocked to see he has been turned to stone...

PM in the morning for you Wallace. Suffering heavily from Jet lag.

Will update when I get further actions. See ya soon!


Male Male Human Evangelist cleric 4 HP 40/44 AC:17/13/14 F+7/R+4/W+9 Init+3 Perception+13

Oh joy, wallace seems to have walked into a plot point, bladed end first.

What wallace wishes he thought
Got to granite to you while I was expecting pumicement touching your lady I did not expect it to be so potent. I was just being Gniess after all. It wasn't like I was about to basalt her. So I suppose with nothing else to do I'll mica some puns and marble at your reaction.

What Wallace is currently thinking.

well that seemed to work for something. why's it dark all of a sudden... wh-why can't I move. Whats happening why can't I move!?! Damn me for thinking this temple would separate my current actions and my past when I'm doing something.


Wallace:

You find yourself blinking in what could only be an unspoiled countryside. Standing on a worn trail in the midst of a thick wood and looking at old woman. This woman was wrinkled and grey of hair, her tan almost leathery skin easily betrayed the fact she was a traveler. Her clothing was simple attire akin to that of a woodsman, along with the fact that a short dagger was strapped to a simple cord belt at her waist, a waethered bow and quiver sat on her back and a large walking stick was gripped in her left hand.

She smiled as she turned over the ore you had handed her. Her eyes seemed to dance as she asked you quietly. "Why is it you return something so precious? Did you not have need of it young man?"


Male Male Human Evangelist cleric 4 HP 40/44 AC:17/13/14 F+7/R+4/W+9 Init+3 Perception+13

Nothing to see here. Just more rock puns:

Wallace blinks, fear and confusion shedding off him as he looked at the place in which he stood. Concern and panic still present in the humans eyes but suppressed to a point where he was in control again. He breathes for a full and still moment appreciating the woods around him.
" Because out of all the places it could be this was the place it belonged." the human replies cryptically grinning at the elder. Pausing before he gives the elder a head tilt and a shrug
"Though I'll admit to a hefty curiosity in this place."

" The shrines of Old dead eye have one thing in common that I have taken note of. They always live within their means, they always put function over form. Yet, here in a sweeping cathedral carved by nature itself do we find a sphere worth a kings ransom in the hands of a stone statue. So what secrets does such an extravagance hide in this place?"
The human looks down and scratches at an old scar on his arm humming in thought.
" Though I suppose much of that has been answered by this little sequence. In addition I am not so blinded by gold to realize that such a prize would destroy more than it creates, assuming I took it I have this sinking feeling that the orb would simply become more trouble than it is worth as trying to sell such a treasure is a feat in of itself. It would be a constant point of argument between my allies and a lodestone were Old Deadeye to not accept my taking of the orb. We are already having enough trouble as a marching company in the natural weather here, heaven forbid a god takes issue with us for some act of greed." The human finishes as he pauses again to breath the air in the woods
"I do not worship your god, but I can respect his portfolio and the sanctity of his temples all the same."


Female Centaur Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine tracker) 4

At a loss for what else to do and limited in her mobility in the current setting, Rhavenna continues to fire at the attacking statues.

1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 22
1d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (2) = 11

1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23
1d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + (1) = 12

1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 = 24
1d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 5 + (1) = 13

Whoa! the odds of that progression are ridiculous!


Wallace:

The Elder turns the stone over in her hands, marveling at its form before setting it inside her pack. "You are wise beyond your years and I am afraid that there isn't much I can teach you. From your very words you understand what the weal and woe of such an act could have though the Old One is not so fickle as to punish those who find fortune dropped upon them."

She starts stepping past, setting a wrinkled hand lightly on Wallaces shoulder as she passes him by. "Though the path you seek is far from here and far more destructive then the stone you returned to me." With that the pristine wood falls away, blinking your eyes you are presently aware of your former surroundings again and the shattering of one of the statues as Rhavenna's arrows rain down on it.

Rhavenna's strikes reduce one of the reform statues back to pieces, as Tidus and Tersi prevent the other from reforming. However the former unarmed Pazazu statue surges to new life. Reforming in an instant. Though now its pieces are outlined by molten lines and the statue seems to look at its molten hands before it fell to pieces. This time it was no longer moving, unlike the two other statues still presently struggling to reform.

Wallaces skin becomes normal once more, no longer a statue and blinking to clear his foggy eyes...


Male Male Human Evangelist cleric 4 HP 40/44 AC:17/13/14 F+7/R+4/W+9 Init+3 Perception+13

Wallace's shoulders sag as he looks at the statue's eyes holding a private brittle glance with the stone figure. "And again it falls to me to carve the path I walk. I envy the ignorant for it is cold and lonely seeking the peak." the moment passing Wallace whirls and looks to his companions, glancing at the now ruined statue and the two others in various states of destruction.
"Well that was certainly an experience. Look for a chunk that might fit the wound on the Boar statue over there, it looks like we can return this temple to Old dead eyes control by fixing the damage caused here. Assuming the other two statues hold true the piece in question shouldn't be moving like the rest of the regenerating golem." The human then looking toward the hunter statue and trying to see what precisely was missing there.
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
I doubt Wallace is in a spot to see anything in the whirling collection of golem on the ground. He's a bit far from that so I'll see if he can't figure out the trick to the hunter statue instead.


With the fog still dispersed the stone bow from before sits among where the struggle between the mercenaries and the recovering statues was taking place.

DC 15 perception checks please


Male Male Human Evangelist cleric 4 HP 40/44 AC:17/13/14 F+7/R+4/W+9 Init+3 Perception+13

perhaps this one will be a 3.
percep: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Wallace points to the bow of different makeup than the golems.
" That could be the huntsmans weapon."


Wallace sees what appears to be a piece of stone not like the others, and despite the destruction of one of the statues this piece appears to be made up of a different quality altogether...


Male Male Human Evangelist cleric 4 HP 40/44 AC:17/13/14 F+7/R+4/W+9 Init+3 Perception+13

" Another one over there!" Wallace states pointing in the direction of the odd stone chunk.
The human walks in the direction of one of them and moves the retrieve it.

Dunno if either of them are close. If one of the other party members want to do the action feel free, I'm just pushing things along here.


The large stone bow would prove difficult to lift and carry by Wallace alone, if at all. The chunk of stone though might not be as difficult.

Str check DC 15 to lift bow DC 11 to lift the oddly shaped chunk of stone.


It's fine to press things along as we have spent far too much time here. My bad in part there, this wasn't how I expected it to go but it is working out. After this things should be back on track and far smoother.


Male Male Human Evangelist cleric 4 HP 40/44 AC:17/13/14 F+7/R+4/W+9 Init+3 Perception+13

Wallace has a casting of Ant Haul prepared. This would triple his carry capacity. Which is admittedly still only a max carry of something like 345 pounds but still. Would that suffice to carry the stone chunk?

And no worries on delay, I was expecting the winter months to be slow.

---Assuming it does---

Wallace mutters a spell and seizes the rock moving toward the boar statue. Hopeing that the object would serve to cause the same reactions that the sphere had on its return.


Female Centaur Ranger (Skirmisher/Divine tracker) 4

Sorry but it felt like the only option I really had is pointlessly shooting at things that keep regenerating.


Male Male Human Evangelist cleric 4 HP 40/44 AC:17/13/14 F+7/R+4/W+9 Init+3 Perception+13

No worries, if my wild guess with the statue/sphere thing hadn't worked I'd have likely fallen back on mindlessly beating the statues as well.
They'd have to run out of gas at some point, though hopefully Livain could have trapped them in ice before we had to find that point. This is one of those annoying thought exercise monsters like the Tarrasque. Had the Ice trick not worked I was going to pitch immobilizing them with grapple checks next. Worst case we drag them up the steps and toss them down the drain upstairs.

801 to 850 of 1,330 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iobaria: The Fallen Empire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.