How to paint a Raven Silver (Hell's Rebels)

Game Master Jesper Roland Sørensen

Gameplay map

Rebellion sheet


1,651 to 1,700 of 2,505 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

As Jack sticks his head around the corner, the overwhelming stench of rotting flesh fills his nose coming from this wide, table-strewn chamber. A web of barbed chains strangles its way throughout the room, supporting the decayed corpse of a man in drab robes. At the center of the web, suspended above the flagstones by its black iron tendrils, rests a fistsized, twelve-sided box fashioned from wood and bronze. Wooden cases along the southwestern wall have been smashed and overturned. Small pieces of paper covered with notes are scattered throughout the room, as if someone’s been studying the strange tableau for days.


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

Jack turns to report what he sees...and then he realizes he's really not certain exactly what he's looking at. He waves the others forward cautiously. Once the others get an eyeful, he shrugs but then points at the 12-sided box, thinking it may be the key to...all this.


Female human Warpriest of Milani 4 Init +1; Senses Perception +5 AC 20, T 11, FF 19 hp 32/32 Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Blessings 0/5, Fervor 0/5

Lena breaths through her mouth as she encounters the smell. "That's horrible." she wonders if it's of religious significance.

Know Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Lena has heard of similar rituals but not something the four asmodean redactors would commence on thier poor colleague hanging in the air. They seem to be examining the contraption as to find out how it works.


HP: 27/27 Spells Init +14, AC/T/FF 12(16)/12/10(14) | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Perception +9 (+11)

Meliora makes a face and puts her fingers over her mouth to slow her gag reflex. "Oh... that's... lovely."

Any relevant knowledge skills? Also, the redactors are in here?

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

You would need to be closer to see what the thing even is, and yes 4 redactors are in the room and the corpse of a fifth in the chains.


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

Jack notices that most of the redactors have their backs turned to the stairs. Sword drawn, he tries to creep up on the closest redactor.

Take 10 for a 23 Stealth check if allowed; I'll include another roller in a spoiler to be safe.

Stealth Check:

Stealth Check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

At half speed, I believe that should put Jack at the bottom of the stairs.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

I rule when you are actively trying to sneak up behind someone that a roll is always required. All the redactors are facing the tabel in front of them with the exception of the middelman staring at the cube.

Jack gets to the bottom of the stairs without any of the monks seemingly taking notices of him yet.


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

She frowned when she saw Jack sneak forward. He was liable to get himself killed, didnt he know he was like unlucky or something. She crept forward after him pistol drawn.

stealth!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Yup definitely quiet. nothing to see here. :P


Status: None none | NOTES F Brawler 4 | HP 49/49 | AC:21 T:14 F:17 | Init +4 | Per +6 | Fort:+5 Ref:+6 Will:+1 | CMB: +8 | CMD: 22 | +6/+6 Flurry 1d8+3 | +8 Unarmed 1d8+3x2 | +7 Cold Iron Gauntlet 1d4+3x2 3/4 Martial Flexibility LOOT SHEET

Hearing Canacha be less then quiet Mic does not bother trying to sneak. Instead she just stands, waiting, to see what happens.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

As stealthily as Jack got down the stairs as noisy canacha comes right behind him almost bumping into him as she miss the last step and falls into Jack being the only reason she doesn't fall face first to the floor. The redactor closest to the stairs turn around and shouts to the other redactors. "Rise up brothers we got intruders. Sten release Mephiry." As the monk at the furthest table turns around ready to move, while the others move to intercept, rahter than attack the take up defensive stance probably buying the last one time.

Round 1
Redactors red, yellow, green, blue
Jack, Canacha, Micheria, Meliora, Lena


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

Well with that roll i dont feel to bad he heard me >.<

point blank focused deadly aim shot at Sten: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 1 = 21
damage: 1d8 + 1 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 3 + 2 = 14

"Dont run Sten... stay and play with us."

She countered rushing forward not looking at the other two merely hoping her mad dash caught them off guard as she closed with the fleeing redactor and fired...then blew the smoke away from the entrance to her pistol.

Okay, So moving right 3 squares, diagonally right and down 1 square and right 2 squares. If they are flatfooted and i hope they are, I shouldnt eat any Attacks of Opportunity... if not well, they both get to hit me, the top guy twice if they have combat reflexes >.<


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

Jack recovers from Canacha's bump, hopping back up the stairs a short way so he'll be fighting from higher ground (Hey--every little bit helps when you're Jack Duncloak, Swordsman Extraordinaire!). He hacks at the nearest redactor, hoping to give his other comrades a clear path down the stairs and into the fight.

longsword (vs. human, higher ground): 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 17 for slashing damage (vs. human): 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Attack of opportunity 2: 2d20 + 2 ⇒ (14, 8) + 2 = 24

Both monks Canacha runs by tries to hit her, but she is simply to fast for them to hit as she blurs by them an shoots Sten in the back. He is bleeding badly from the wound.
Jack keeps the high ground, trying to subdue another monk.

Round 1
Redactors red (7), yellow, green, blue(14)
Jack, Canacha, Micheria, Meliora, Lena


Status: None none | NOTES F Brawler 4 | HP 49/49 | AC:21 T:14 F:17 | Init +4 | Per +6 | Fort:+5 Ref:+6 Will:+1 | CMB: +8 | CMD: 22 | +6/+6 Flurry 1d8+3 | +8 Unarmed 1d8+3x2 | +7 Cold Iron Gauntlet 1d4+3x2 3/4 Martial Flexibility LOOT SHEET

Loacking a straight shot Mic cannot charge still she barrels down the stairs towards the green redactor.

Power Attack Knee: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 1 = 10 Nailed it again.
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11


Female human Warpriest of Milani 4 Init +1; Senses Perception +5 AC 20, T 11, FF 19 hp 32/32 Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Blessings 0/5, Fervor 0/5

Lena moves up to Red. On a tablet and I can’t move my token on the map

She swings with her morningstar.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Botting Meliora for now.
Ranged touch Meliora: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage frost: 1d3 ⇒ 3
Meliora steps over to the top of the stairs and lets loose a frost ray on Sten stopping him in his tracks and knocks him down.

The remaining redactors starts assaulting the nearest enemies.
Attack Micheria: 4d20 + 1 ⇒ (13, 9, 18, 9) + 1 = 50
Attack Jack: 2d20 + 1 ⇒ (13, 4) + 1 = 18
They all miss their intended targets.

Round 2
Redactors red (7), yellow, green, blue(17)
Jack, Canacha, Micheria, Meliora, Lena


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

Jack calmly tries to finish off the foe he and Lena are battling.

longsword (vs. human): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 = 15 for slashing damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

Bah--just missed the edit deadline! Jack's attack roll should also include a +1 for higher ground.


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

Does Sten appear like knocked down still alive or knocked down not moving?

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Alive, bleeding and unconcious.

Jacks attack once again connects to the redactor making him look like he is ready to topple over like Sten.


HP: 27/27 Spells Init +14, AC/T/FF 12(16)/12/10(14) | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Perception +9 (+11)

Sorry for the delay.

With the situation only mostly enough in hand for now, Meliora yells out at Mic while she prepares to summon up a spell.

"Mic! Back towards me, juuust a touch!"

Ready an action: If Mic takes a 5' step back, Meliora will cast Grease, directly underneath the green and yellow guards. DC 16 vs falling prone and all that.


Status: None none | NOTES F Brawler 4 | HP 49/49 | AC:21 T:14 F:17 | Init +4 | Per +6 | Fort:+5 Ref:+6 Will:+1 | CMB: +8 | CMD: 22 | +6/+6 Flurry 1d8+3 | +8 Unarmed 1d8+3x2 | +7 Cold Iron Gauntlet 1d4+3x2 3/4 Martial Flexibility LOOT SHEET

Penned in by two enemies Mic smiles and cracks her neck as she attacks with an elbow and knee at the green redactor.

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Flurry 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

Reloading her pistol where she stood she called out.

"Bad guys right? no mercy no survivors?"

She asked taking aim at the rerdactor on Mic's right and firing.

point blank focused deadly aim shot yellow: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 1 = 9
damage: 1d8 + 1 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 3 + 2 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Micheria's elbow connects to the temple of the redactor, but see mistimes her knee missing the redactor barely. Canacha can't do much to help as her shot misses the redactor and almost hits Micheria instead.
Meliora holds a spell in as she doesn't see the circumstances she wanted to finish the casting under.

Round 2
Redactors red (12), yellow, green(5), blue(17)
Jack, Canacha, Micheria, Meliora, Lena

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Lena attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Morningstar: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Lena swings her morningstar at the redactor infront of her, but she gets a little of balance and misses him barely.

Haven't had much luck hitting Micheria the first redactor steps back and attacks Canacha while the other continues to try and hit her. Meanwhile the last redactor standing once again tries to hit Jack.

Attack Canacha: 2d20 + 1 ⇒ (15, 12) + 1 = 28 Miss
Attack Micheria: 2d20 + 1 ⇒ (10, 17) + 1 = 28Miss
Attack Jack: 2d20 + 1 ⇒ (20, 9) + 1 = 30
Confirm Jack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The redactors have a lousy time hitting anyone, one of them hits Jack looking like he thinks it's a more severe hit than it really is.

Round 3
Redactors red (12), yellow, green(5), blue(18)
Jack, Canacha, Micheria, Meliora, Lena


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

Jack rolls with the punch and grimaces, thinking, Hey--that really didn't work as well as I expected! Then he hacks back, hoping to put the redactor down for the count.

longsword (higher ground, vs. human): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 16 for slashing damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11

If that hits and drops the redactor, Jack will also move to the south and hook up toward Yellow redactor, moving diagonally to start to avoid an AoO; he should be able to reach the square 2 down from Yellow.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Jack finally fells the redactor he is bleeding badly after that hit.
Feel free to move the way you intend.

Round 3
Redactors red (-8), yellow, green(5), blue(-3)
Jack, Canacha, Micheria, Meliora, Lena


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

She jumped back avoiding the redactors blow barely biting back a little shriek of shock. She hadnt been expecting that at all! She fumbled along her belt for two alchemical componants and quickly mixed them together tossing them at the redactor who struck at her.

"Think fast!"

five foot step back, tossing a bomb at green that jerk

attack roll point blank precise bomb shot throw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
damage fire: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

Note even if i miss my splash damage would be 3 points of fire damage


HP: 27/27 Spells Init +14, AC/T/FF 12(16)/12/10(14) | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Perception +9 (+11)

Meliora fires at the green redactor after Canacha steps back (since she's the only one NOT in melee), before stepping back around the corner and out of the charge range of the yellow redactor. Just in case.

Ray of Frost: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1


Status: None none | NOTES F Brawler 4 | HP 49/49 | AC:21 T:14 F:17 | Init +4 | Per +6 | Fort:+5 Ref:+6 Will:+1 | CMB: +8 | CMD: 22 | +6/+6 Flurry 1d8+3 | +8 Unarmed 1d8+3x2 | +7 Cold Iron Gauntlet 1d4+3x2 3/4 Martial Flexibility LOOT SHEET

"Kind of thought you two would be laying on your ass by now."

As she talks throws a knee and then a back fist at the yellow redactor. The knee is off balance but she thinks the backfist really hit its mark.

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Crit Flurry 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Female human Warpriest of Milani 4 Init +1; Senses Perception +5 AC 20, T 11, FF 19 hp 32/32 Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Blessings 0/5, Fervor 0/5

Lena moves up to get into a flank with Mic, and swings her morningstar. "This is going better than usual."

Morningstar: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Meliora and Canacha both hits the green redactor with fire and ice.
Lena and Micheria also both hit the target with a jawbreaking backfist, while he at the same time gets a morningstar into the side breaking a rip or two. And they both go down in the combined assault of everyone.


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

Jack gives Lena a nod, impressed by the staggering blow she just delivered with her morningstar. "I think I've found my niche: Attack unarmed, unarmored humans...preferably when they're not expecting it. Then I have no problem hitting them!"

He next begins to more closely examine the strange web of chains and the Asmodean corpse dangling among it. "Apparently the redactors thought this thing safe and stable enough to continue doing their work here," he comments. "Think I'd be pressing my luck if I try to see if the dead fellow's carrying anything of note?"


HP: 27/27 Spells Init +14, AC/T/FF 12(16)/12/10(14) | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Perception +9 (+11)

"I think hold on a sec." Meliora replied, cracking her knuckles.

She approaches the chained up guy to try and figure out what it could be, and the odds of it exploding in their collective faces.


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

"Take all the time you need, genius," Jack teases with a wide grin. "Never saw anything quite like this before on the main streets or back alleys of Kintargo, and that looks like an extremely unpleasant way to go."

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Meliora give me an Arcana check. In case other forgot it the redactors was working in this room.


HP: 27/27 Spells Init +14, AC/T/FF 12(16)/12/10(14) | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Perception +9 (+11)

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Sadly Meliora doesn't know anything about this cube.


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

With the party genius stumped, Jack moves to the northern corridor stealthily, listening outside the closest eastern door.

Still taking 10 for everything (23 Stealth/19 Perception).


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Reloading her pistol quietly she stares at the cube for a moment but then shrugs hurrying after Jack. I wouldnt do for him to wander off and get hurt cause they were studying some random thing.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Jack doesn't hear anything from behind the door.


Female human Warpriest of Milani 4 Init +1; Senses Perception +5 AC 20, T 11, FF 19 hp 32/32 Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Blessings 0/5, Fervor 0/5

"Thanks Jack. The Asmodeans always piss me off. Milani makes my attacks better against them." She waits at a distance for Jack to do his sneaky thing.


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

Jack gives the others a nod and then opens the door, longsword at the ready.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Jack you may delete the black square over the roon you ope. Can't dobot from phone

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

These small rooms are supplyrooms for cleaning equipment and writing supplies for the working.


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

"We can use some of that cleaning equipment back at the Wasp Nest!" he jokes quietly to the others before moving to the last door at the end of the hall, listening at it, and opening it if all is quiet.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

It's another room similar to the one with the picture of young Rexus, these most have belonged to high ranking members of the order in the past.


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

After reporting what he'd found--and suggesting maybe a more thorough search on the way out if they aren't running for their lives--Jack moves cautiously into the area where one of the redactors had been fleeing to fetch...something.

Again Jack creeps to the edge of the wall and peers around, looking and listening for enemies.

(Stealth 23, Perception 19.)

Others--tell me if Jack's hogging the spotlight too much. I don't want to do that but DO want to keep things moving forward.


HP: 27/27 Spells Init +14, AC/T/FF 12(16)/12/10(14) | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Perception +9 (+11)

While waiting for Jack to do his thing and come back with information, Meliora, who knows nothing about the predicament of the last man, goes properly poking about via Detect Magic. In her mind, if it isn't still magical then it's probably safe to rummage through the guy's pockets for loose change.

1,651 to 1,700 of 2,505 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / How to paint a Raven Silver - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.