GM SpiderBeard's Carrion Crown

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Chapter Five: Ashes at Dawn

Campaign Maps

Our Heroes

Loot Spreadsheet

Carrion Crown Poem


1 to 50 of 8,168 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

I would prefer switching to a thread that works properly before we get too far into the game as the other thread seems to just be defective. There is zero content on the other feed that has an impact in the game so we will continue on here from now onward. Sorry about the inconvenience


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Bending at the hip Sarianna puts her hands on her knees as if she was talking to a young child. OH I bet you have had some BIG adventures, i think i might of heard a TALL tale or two in the past. When you have more time please return to grace us with your presence master halfing. She gives you a overly emphasized bow and stands back up. There are several chuckles in the background and several of the patrons start to whisper amoungst themselves. walking away she takes a brief pause turning and says: oh and the professor lives just outside of the village to the south heading towards the old harrowstone. you can't miss it stands by itself just past the barley field, if you meet a fork in the road you have gone too far.

sense motive DC20:
While Sarianna appears to be a insensitive bigot like her customers most of her demeanor is a facade to appease her patrons. Her information while coming at the price of the halfings dignity appears to not be a lie

Liberty's Edge

F Gnome Cleric 2 HP03/18 NL0 | AC17 T11 FF17 | CMB-1 CMD09 | F+5 R+0 W+6 (+2 v fear/desp.; +2 v illus.)| Init+2 Spd20 | Perc+2 SM+6 Dv. K(Rel)+8
Other:
Shillelagh +1/1d4-1/x2; LXbow +2/1d6/19-20/x2

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

I was afraid that they think we are children! thinks Norna, certainly completely misreading the situation. Wait... I'm not... No, no, not this time. Whew. I do so hate it when I am a child.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena curtsys to the lady and says thank you miss, that was real big of you.
Idiot big folk. lets get out of here

Grand Lodge

Male Human Monk/2 (HP 15/15 | AC:17 | T:17 | FF:14 | CMB: +4 | CMD:20 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3 | Perc: +8 | Stealth:+7 | Speed 30)

Heto watches as the eclectic assembled group heads in the direction of a tavern at the behest of the odorous dwarf... A fine time for drink and revelry, before a funeral. Each has their own way of mourning I suppose. I guess I am forced to continue on my own...

Apprehension had filled him over this journey. Not just the nervousness faced at properly honoring the passing someone from a different culture that he did not fully understand; but the very nature of traveling so far in a part of the world that seemed so alien had led Heto to take some unusual precautions. Packing light was normal for his order, carrying money was less common. Heto had thought it wise to separate his meager coin and keep small amounts on various parts of his person, now he decided he was thankful for that choice. He takes a silver coin into his hand from a coin purse that looks decidedly light.

With his attention drawn to the building, he too sees the patrons outside, and as the motley crew he traveled with enters the bar he approaches the strangers...
Gentlemen, he says holding the coin up for them to see, a drink for you if you could direct me in identifying the home of the late and honored Professor Lorrimor.

He feels his muscles tense and then ease, he knows he has no reason to distrust these men, however, he has no interest in being mugged and his body readies for combat despite this knowledge. At least most never realize I am ready to hit back just water as seems soft before the wave crashes and breaks rock to sand.

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Not sure is a circumstance bonus applies to this from paying them.


Male Halfling Bard/10 (HP 83/83 | AC:19 [+2 Buckler] | T:14 | FF:16 [+2 Buckler] | CMB:6 | CMD:19 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+10 | Will:+7 | Fear:+3 | All other saves:+1 | Init:+3 | Perc:+14 | Speed 20)
Abilities / Spells:
Bardic Performance: 23/25 | Lv1: 6/6 | Lv2: 5/5 | Lv3: 4/4 | Lv4: 1/2 | Inspired: 1/1 | Lore Master: 1/1

Not even noticing the sarcasm in Sarianna's words, Eldon hears only what he wants to hear: the words themselves. "Of course, of course! I had no doubt my reputation preceded me, or I wouldn't have mentioned it. It pains me to know you'll miss my presence this evening, but I promise I'll return one day. Though I cannot promise it will be anytime soon, as I may just end up in another wonderous adventure!"

Eldon laughs loudly, then turns around. "Thank you for the directions, kind lady!", he says, and exits the inn.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Shaking her head lena follows him. As she passes heto she says we are going to the professors, save your gold and just follow us. at which point she exits, pacing after the other halfling.


Once back upon the street heading south with your newly acquired directions the party doesn't get 20ft before the heavens open and rain starts to pour for the sky above. The rain while inconvenient doesn't overly hamper the short walk out of the town to the Lorrimor estate. It is fairly annoying when you see how close you were considering all the trouble you went through to find the quaint house that lies less than quarter from town square.

The house stands alone backing up to the large barley field mentioned by Madam Via a few minutes prior. the house being of typical Ravengro construction has a apex roof with slate shingles wrapped with a darkwood shake siding. The house seems to be at least 50 years old but very well- maintained despite it age. Petros being slightly eccentric always kept his belongings in impeccable shape, so it is no surprise how good the house looks.

Preception Checks

Eldon Appleton1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Vladlena 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Heto Rohen1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Burlee1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Genesis Garland1d20 ⇒ 16
Norna 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

DC 20:
Norna and Burlee both notice several men just on the otherside of the creek walking up the north west road. It seems odd that people other than yourselves are outside in the rain. they appear to oblivious of the group and continue walking out of sight.[ooc] this is the other road of the town map that heads away from the the trade district in ravengro

Silver Crusade

Male Human Fighter/ Level 1

"The rain seems ominous.. The closer I come the harder I find to accept his passing." Genesis would say as he pulled the hood over his monk robes when the rain began. The walk although short seemed rather silent. He had thoughts that the group was thinking as he was, reminiscing over the Professor and perhaps devising something to say in his honor. Coming across the manor, he could tell that the Professor was a man of value, at least that is what he seemed not only when meeting him but when looking upon his well kept abode.

"Well...Shall we?" He asked the group moving up to the front door, knowing they would probably be ready to enter considering the time they spent trying to find this place only to have it such a short distance away.

Liberty's Edge

F Gnome Cleric 2 HP03/18 NL0 | AC17 T11 FF17 | CMB-1 CMD09 | F+5 R+0 W+6 (+2 v fear/desp.; +2 v illus.)| Init+2 Spd20 | Perc+2 SM+6 Dv. K(Rel)+8
Other:
Shillelagh +1/1d4-1/x2; LXbow +2/1d6/19-20/x2

"It seems we are not the only ones enjoying a walk out in the rain," Norna comments without irony, casually gesturing to the other road where several men are walking away, across the creek and up the northwest road. "I can just see them: Unlike most of my kin, I see well in the dark but not so well in the dim light. I always wonder where others are going in their travels. It keeps the mind busy. Perhaps that is why I met the Professor and we became friends." Norna considers the thought.

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

well someone has to knock with that, lena knocks on the door.


Vladlena walks up to the old wooden door with a couple light but distinct knocks she waits, after a few moments a young woman in her mid-twenties opens the door, her eyes puffy and bloodshot she is wearing a black dress with matching hat. This appears to be the new patron of the house.
Hello? how may i help you? you can plainly see she is fighting back tears attempting to keep her composure.

She pauses for a moment and then she realizes who the mixed company must be. Oh my I'm so sorry, you must be my father's friends i was instructed to contact. come inside come inside, please excuse the mess i haven't been up to cleaning for some time now... The house is immaculate although cluttered with books and treasures from Petros' different adventures. you notice an item or two that you recognize from the time you spent with the professor, you feel a momentary elation while briefly recounting the adventures you shared with him followed by a crushing realization that he is gone.

Please sit ill gather some food you must be half starved the young woman walks you into a living room of sorts then immediately scurries off towards the back of the house. When she emerges a few minutes later she is carrying a tray with 7 glasses, a bottle of red wine and several piles traditional Ustalavian finger foods that had already been prepared prior to your arrive. She finally sits down and introduces herself as Kendra Lorrimor, the Daughter of your late friend.
cue introductions!

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

I am Vladlena Firehair (call me lena), of no fixed abode. I am so sorry to hear about the professor. He saved my life once (long story) and came to be a good friend. His loss lessens the world. Lena says in a rush.


Male Halfling Bard/10 (HP 83/83 | AC:19 [+2 Buckler] | T:14 | FF:16 [+2 Buckler] | CMB:6 | CMD:19 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+10 | Will:+7 | Fear:+3 | All other saves:+1 | Init:+3 | Perc:+14 | Speed 20)
Abilities / Spells:
Bardic Performance: 23/25 | Lv1: 6/6 | Lv2: 5/5 | Lv3: 4/4 | Lv4: 1/2 | Inspired: 1/1 | Lore Master: 1/1

Eldon sits himself down in the living room. He waits until Kendra returns and has made her introduction, then speaks. "Dear lady Kendra, my condolences for your loss. My name's Eldon Appleton. The professor taught me many things, and knowing he's passed pains my heart. Though, without a doubt, your heart pains more. If there's anything I can do for you during or after the funeral please tell me, and I'll see if I can be of help."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Fighter/ Level 1

Genesis pulled off his wet hood before beginning."I am pained by your loss...I too find his passing hard to accept. I am Genesis Sado Alexander Garland. I met your father when I was much younger on his travels. I saved his life, i believe it wasn't mere chance that I simply happened to be at the right place at the right time. Bandits where the source of his distress but I dispatched them and his thankfulness was great. He was very kind and one of the first to view my rather...unhealthy liking to the fight as something of worth." Genesis said with a rather sad but strong tone of voice. "So wish to pay my greatest respects.." He finished with lengthened bow.

There was something about looking at his daughter, someone closer to Professor Llorrimor in such pain that it was hard to look at her without having an overwhelming sadness wash over him.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Monk/2 (HP 15/15 | AC:17 | T:17 | FF:14 | CMB: +4 | CMD:20 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3 | Perc: +8 | Stealth:+7 | Speed 30)

After awkwardly following the group that identified him as amongst their numbers, despite his best efforts; Heto is quiet and reserved. He waits until the others are making their introductions to their host to introduce himself at all.

I am Heto Rohen. My life and skills were enriched by your father's presence. I am grateful to him for that and wish for peace and honor to your ancestors, your father, and the future of your house.


Male Dwarf Level 2 Barbarian

Entering the manse, Burlee shook off his mane, like a dog that just came inside from the rain. He looked around, noting the small group that no one seemed to notice. He was wary, yet not threatened; One should never trust a shadow walker, or a group of them, but from what he saw, they seemed rather harmless. More for the axe.

"Ah'm Burlay!" He rather boisterously blurted out. He waddled with the group and decided that the chair was much more interesting than what they had to say. No choked up words or comforting thoughts came from him, he just found his seat on a rather large couch and plopped into it, his axe dangerously close to ripping the material. It was comfortable, at least, and he slightly bounced in it to find his comfort zone. Once found, he leaned back and sighed.

Liberty's Edge

F Gnome Cleric 2 HP03/18 NL0 | AC17 T11 FF17 | CMB-1 CMD09 | F+5 R+0 W+6 (+2 v fear/desp.; +2 v illus.)| Init+2 Spd20 | Perc+2 SM+6 Dv. K(Rel)+8
Other:
Shillelagh +1/1d4-1/x2; LXbow +2/1d6/19-20/x2

With the familiar familial face in front of Norna, fond memories flood to the fore of the Professor. Moreover, looking around the room, she recognizes certain pieces from their joint travels, and gifts that she made to him - nothing extravagant, but small artifacts that would be of interest to the Professor: a coin from Assad's failed Satrapy of Kortos; a half-carved Tik Taan idol from the Mwangi Expanse; a shattered wooden mask worn by a Mordant Spire Elf; rubbings from "The Gallery of Wonders" in the Aspodell Wonders. Now, I remember!

"My deepest condolences on your loss - on all of ours." Norna says, wiping a tear from her eye. "I met him by Desna's good luck on several travels: a lover of travel and exploration; a gentleman and a scholar."


I am pleased to meet your acquaintance. When i was a child when many parents tell stories of far away lands about heroes that were long dead, my father would simply recount his adventures. Many of you were the heroes that protected my dreams and although we are just meeting i have known you my whole life.

Kendra pauses for a moment looks over to dwarf and pity crosses over her brow. somethings in this world just aren't fair

The room is silent for what seems an eternity until there is another knock at the door. Kendra gets up and briskly walks out of the room. You hear a muffled conversation from down the hall and a few moments later kendra reappears. Well all preparations have been completed and Father Grimburrow is ready to proceed with the service. If everyone is ready we can make our way to the Restlands cemetery before the rain picks back up.

map updated

Silver Crusade

Male Human Fighter/ Level 1

Genesis had something wracking his mind, just like a curious child he wondered, just how did the Professor pass away? He wouldn't dare ask, that would be so rude, and in such a setting. No he would refrain from asking such a question. He swallowed his curiosity for now, perhaps one of his more...outgoing.. companions would be having the same thoughts and ask themselves and save himself possible backlash.

Regardless of his mixed thoughts Genesis was ready. Taking a few steps forward towards Kendra as if motioning to the group that he was ready to head out. He then took a glance at Burlee who seemed to be content with his seat, although he couldnt tell. Genesis couldnt really read people well.


Male Halfling Bard/10 (HP 83/83 | AC:19 [+2 Buckler] | T:14 | FF:16 [+2 Buckler] | CMB:6 | CMD:19 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+10 | Will:+7 | Fear:+3 | All other saves:+1 | Init:+3 | Perc:+14 | Speed 20)
Abilities / Spells:
Bardic Performance: 23/25 | Lv1: 6/6 | Lv2: 5/5 | Lv3: 4/4 | Lv4: 1/2 | Inspired: 1/1 | Lore Master: 1/1

With a slight nod as reply Eldon stands up. He walks up to Kendra and manages a faint smile. "That seems best", Eldon says with a soft voice.


The procession follows Kendra as she leads the way through the town, northwest over the small bridge and north again to a little path that leads to the cemetery.

The party reaches the outer gates of the cemetery and see three pallbearers standing with a handful of villagers that have also come to pay their respects to the late professor. You do the standard greetings and learn the names of Councilman Vashian Hearthmount, Councilman Gharen Muricar, Zokar Elkarid and his 13-year old son Pevrin, and Jominda Fallenbridge. One of the pallbearers approaches the party and asks It is custom here in Ravengro to permit friends and family of the deceased to serve as pallbearers in our stead. There are a total of six positions available...
discuss among yourselves if any or all of you wish to serve as pallbearers and position yourselves in one of the six positions. 1-front right, 2-front left, 3-medium right, 4-medium left, 5-rear right, 6-rear left. I will give everyone time to post before proceeding

Liberty's Edge

F Gnome Cleric 2 HP03/18 NL0 | AC17 T11 FF17 | CMB-1 CMD09 | F+5 R+0 W+6 (+2 v fear/desp.; +2 v illus.)| Init+2 Spd20 | Perc+2 SM+6 Dv. K(Rel)+8
Other:
Shillelagh +1/1d4-1/x2; LXbow +2/1d6/19-20/x2

On the way to the cemetery, Norna feels a thought bounce around inside her head that she can't seem to quiet. "Kendra, If I may ask, what happened to the Professor? I thought for sure that he would outlast me, with his spark of life... I apologize if there was something I should have done with my meager healing skills - I have not been this far north in what seems like lifetimes."

Norna was simply following the Cynosure, the North Star, and luck (or fate) alone brought her together with the message carrier heading south, a traveler seeking a blessing from a priest of Desna.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Monk/2 (HP 15/15 | AC:17 | T:17 | FF:14 | CMB: +4 | CMD:20 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3 | Perc: +8 | Stealth:+7 | Speed 30)

I would be honored... Heto says, bowing slightly to the pallbearer.

This could prove difficult with such a mixed ranges in heights... Heto thinks as he moves towards the rear left position (6). Best to have the height on the ends.

Heto will take position number 6, however, if anyone else asks or moves for the same spot Heto will awkwardly back away and find a different spot. He will do this for each spot he attempts to take until successful taking the last spot if prompted. The spots he tries for are in the following order, starting with 6, then 5, 2, 1, 4, 3.

Liberty's Edge

F Gnome Cleric 2 HP03/18 NL0 | AC17 T11 FF17 | CMB-1 CMD09 | F+5 R+0 W+6 (+2 v fear/desp.; +2 v illus.)| Init+2 Spd20 | Perc+2 SM+6 Dv. K(Rel)+8
Other:
Shillelagh +1/1d4-1/x2; LXbow +2/1d6/19-20/x2

Norna moves in front of Heto, stretching out as tall as she can and raising her arms high above her head. Eventually, they will meet at some awkward middle level for humans, dwarf, halflings, and a rather-short gnome.
Position 4.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Fighter/ Level 1

"Of course, it is the least I can do for the Professor.." Genesis too bowed and followed Heto, taking the position to the right of the monk, having the same idea as to have the tallest in the rear. He stretched himself a bit as to make sure he would carry it comfortably so that there would be minimal problems on his end and he waited in group to take their posts.
Position 5

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena sighed. She was way too short and not strong enough to take a position. She waited at a respectful diztance, beside kendra.


Male Dwarf Level 2 Barbarian

Burlee was so ready for this. He was ready and willing to show off his muscles and strength. Chuckling to himself, he took the front, in the middle, with one arm. The casket wasn't incredibly heavy, just awkward, what with humans bringing the rear up, placing all the weight on the front. Oh boy, if Burlee lost his footing, he'd fall and the body would be thrown out of the casket. How disrespectful, but what a way to go!

He looked over to Lena and shook his head. Isn't this why she was here? "Oi, Reddy, get yer arse o'er 'ere end at least pretend yer helpin'." Such weakness. She was saved by this body in life, yet she can't hold this respect! He sighs, calming from his words. "Stahnd next ter meh. Honor yerself an' 'im."

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena wrinkles her nose. Stand next to the smelly ball of muscle?

professor, only for you

oh OK, for the prof. I'll try to hold my breath

Lena scuttles into position and lifts a hand to touch the coffin
I really have to learn that ant-haul spell i have heard about


Male Halfling Bard/10 (HP 83/83 | AC:19 [+2 Buckler] | T:14 | FF:16 [+2 Buckler] | CMB:6 | CMD:19 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+10 | Will:+7 | Fear:+3 | All other saves:+1 | Init:+3 | Perc:+14 | Speed 20)
Abilities / Spells:
Bardic Performance: 23/25 | Lv1: 6/6 | Lv2: 5/5 | Lv3: 4/4 | Lv4: 1/2 | Inspired: 1/1 | Lore Master: 1/1

While concerned the tall humans will lift the casket too high for Eldon once they start walking, Eldon takes the last position available. "It's an honor."

Professor, you were always there to help me. Let me help you find rest now.


The party approaches the casket and cautiously attempt to lift it from the ground, all save the dwarf who grabs a handle with his left hand and jams his right shoulder under the casket like he was carrying a hefty log. Although awkward to watch the party successfully manages to make their way up the Ancestor's Walk turning left on to The Dreamwake, and finally turning right unto The Eversleep where a mob of about twelve townsfolk have blocked the road. A elderly man among them steps forward and begins to speak:


That’s far enough. We been talking, and we don’t want Lorrimor
buried in the Restlands. You can take him upriver and bury him
there if you want, but he ain’t goin’ in the ground here!

The elderly man while a shadow of a man he once was still is a pretty daunting sight to see. Undoubtedly the ring leader of the mob.


Kendra is swift to respond, her sadness swiftly transforming into
anger. “What are you talking about?” she cries out. I arranged it with Father Grimburrow. He’s waiting for us! The grave’s already
been... She begins to cry out of shock and frustration looking to party for some kind of intervention.

you are currently holding the casket and are unable to make any other actions instead of talking until the it has been lower to the ground, you can opt to abandon your position on the casket but that could have prove problematic. I'm going to roll everyone's initiative to determine when you can act. If things escalate this will be used for the remaining of the encounter

Norna 1d20 ⇒ 2
Genesis 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Heto 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Vladlena 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Burlee 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Eldon 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

In order:
1. Genesis <----feel free to talk things out in the discussion chat.
2. Vladlena
3. Heto
4. Eldon
5. Burlee
6. Norna <-------Dat two though O_o


Male Halfling Bard/10 (HP 83/83 | AC:19 [+2 Buckler] | T:14 | FF:16 [+2 Buckler] | CMB:6 | CMD:19 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+10 | Will:+7 | Fear:+3 | All other saves:+1 | Init:+3 | Perc:+14 | Speed 20)
Abilities / Spells:
Bardic Performance: 23/25 | Lv1: 6/6 | Lv2: 5/5 | Lv3: 4/4 | Lv4: 1/2 | Inspired: 1/1 | Lore Master: 1/1

"What's the reason for this absurdity?", Eldon calls out to the ring leader. "I don't know what your problem is, sir, but don't you have any respect for the dead? You should be ashamed. Surely you don't want to put poor miss Kendra through more pain than she's already been. Move aside and let us pass, then I'll forget this ever happened."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Now, what will I do when they don't step aside? I guess we should lower the coffin, though it's unrespectful to place the professor in the middle of this road...


Remember post when you can ill apply the events in order as need be ^ @eldon-that's why people love bards

Grand Lodge

Male Human Monk/2 (HP 15/15 | AC:17 | T:17 | FF:14 | CMB: +4 | CMD:20 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3 | Perc: +8 | Stealth:+7 | Speed 30)

Heto is near in shock and fury all at once. His calm controlled breathing masks the turmoil within as his mind collects and sorts all that is going on. The shame they have brought to their ancestors will not be easily removed. This situation will likely get worse before it gets better as life mirrors the storm around us.

He tightens his grip on the coffin, and brings his other hand round to brace the weight should someone abandon their post. I will leave the talking to others, I have no words to aid ones who dishonor the dead so. His stare looks blank, looking through the mob as if it were not there. Yet, he is taking in every movement they make, waiting to react to whatever situation they bring about. They will not make a mockery and further the tragedy of Mistress Lorrimor's loss. Without a word he puts ever so slight of a pressure forward on the coffin as if to encourage the others to simply keep walking and proceed right through the cruel mob.

Heto is readying to support the coffin if someone else lets go with a Strength or other called for check. Other then that he remains quiet and waits for the prompting of others before acting. His first goal no matter what unfolds will be to ensure the coffin and body are shown proper respect in handling on his and the party's part, making sure it is safe on the ground before leaving his spot.


Male Halfling Bard/10 (HP 83/83 | AC:19 [+2 Buckler] | T:14 | FF:16 [+2 Buckler] | CMB:6 | CMD:19 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+10 | Will:+7 | Fear:+3 | All other saves:+1 | Init:+3 | Perc:+14 | Speed 20)
Abilities / Spells:
Bardic Performance: 23/25 | Lv1: 6/6 | Lv2: 5/5 | Lv3: 4/4 | Lv4: 1/2 | Inspired: 1/1 | Lore Master: 1/1

Eldon feels the casket become lighter and looks around in surprise. He then notices Heto, who appears to try carrying more of the weight. Carefully Eldon lets go of the coffin, and whispers to the others. "Keep walking."

"Dear man," Eldon starts as he reaches inside one of his coat's pockets and walks up to the ring leader, "allow me to tell you a small anecdote."

Eldon takes a sewing needle from his coat's pockets. "You see this? Well, you might wonder why I'm showing it to you. Fact is this needle here saved my life. I was only a young boy when one day I happened upon a cave in the mountains. Why was I there? Well, adventure! It's in my blood to seek it out. As I entered the cave I noticed it was quite cool inside. A pleasant change, for it was a hot summer day. Then... I heard something... A growl! Being the adventurous lad I am, I went further into the cave to investigate. There... I saw a dragon! Knowing dragons are fierce and dangerous, I thought it wise to leave. But... the dragon noticed me! I don't know if it smelled me, or maybe it just happened to open its eyes for no reason at all... but all of a sudden I found myself staring the dragon right into his eyes. My heart skipped a beat, as there was no way the dragon would let me walk away now I'd discovered his lair."

Pausing for dramatic effect, Eldon nods as if to confirm his own words. "I thought I'd die right there... but..." Eldon turns his head to look behind him, then turns back to the ring leader. "Rescue arrived!"

"I heard a female voice shout behind me. "Get down!", she shouted! I ducked and a familiar woman leapt over me. It was my grandma, and in her hand she held this sewing needle." Eldon holds the needle up for everyone to see it.

"My grandma charged at the dragon and poked him in the nose with her needle. The dragon roared in pain and lashed out at grandma. The poor woman was hit and fell unconscious in front of my feet. But... I felt no fear anymore. My grandma had shown me the meaning of true courage! I picked up the sewing needle, knowing I had but one chance to save us from the dragon. I charged forward at the mighty beast, dodging his claws and fiery breath. Then, when in front of him, I thrusted the needle forward. The needle's small surface slipped through a miniscule opening between the scales covering the dragon's heart... and pierced it!"

Nodding again, Eldon looks at the needle with admiration. "That's how I became known as Eldon Dragonslayer. And every single day when I wake up, it's only because of that courageous woman. My grandma... my hero..."

Bardic Performance (Fascinate):
At 1st level, a bard can use his performance to cause one or more creatures to become fascinated with him. Each creature to be fascinated must be within 90 feet, able to see and hear the bard, and capable of paying attention to him. The bard must also be able to see the creatures affected. The distraction of a nearby combat or other dangers prevents this ability from working. For every three levels the bard has attained beyond 1st, he can target one additional creature with this ability.

Each creature within range receives a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 the bard's level + the bard's Cha modifier) to negate the effect. If a creature's saving throw succeeds, the bard cannot attempt to fascinate that creature again for 24 hours. If its saving throw fails, the creature sits quietly and observes the performance for as long as the bard continues to maintain it. While fascinated, a target takes a –4 penalty on all skill checks made as reactions, such as Perception checks. Any potential threat to the target allows the target to make a new saving throw against the effect. Any obvious threat, such as someone drawing a weapon, casting a spell, or aiming a weapon at the target, automatically breaks the effect.

Fascinate is an enchantment (compulsion), mind-affecting ability. Fascinate relies on audible and visual components in order to function.

Liberty's Edge

F Gnome Cleric 2 HP03/18 NL0 | AC17 T11 FF17 | CMB-1 CMD09 | F+5 R+0 W+6 (+2 v fear/desp.; +2 v illus.)| Init+2 Spd20 | Perc+2 SM+6 Dv. K(Rel)+8
Other:
Shillelagh +1/1d4-1/x2; LXbow +2/1d6/19-20/x2

Norna, despite not being the intended target for the Bard, is nonetheless is fascinated by his performance.
Great job! (And the real reason she rolled the 2 and won't be going for awhile, btw. ;-) )

Silver Crusade

Male Human Fighter/ Level 1

Genesis was one of lesser words. Interaction between people was not his strong suite for one that lived in the wilds. However, he could feel the disrespect that felt so tangible from the mob. He knew that that the others in the group, having been so close to the professor as well would be possibly feeling discontent from the mobs actions.

However, now was not the time for petty squabbles, the Professor must be properly honored and this detour was rather aggravating for Genesis. Upon taking notice of the bards actions, he jumped on the plan. He too would support the Casket with his strength to help Heto who had began before he had. Although this meant the possibility of Heto and himself, even the Dwarf to be exhausted afterwards, it was vital that the Professor shown proper respects.

It is a good idea to allow the supports and secondary inclined to sort out matters they are specialized in. That and Genesis sucks at conversation. So he instead will hold onto his actions and choose to help Burlee and Heto as best he can. Good Luck Norna, Eldon, and Lena. xD

That 29 though. OA O

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

Lena, who wasn't holding the coffin up, but was merely touching it, as burlee was taking the weight, steps clear so as to allow casting if needed. But she decided to prepare and see.

readied action. If the mob or any of its members moves to attack lena will color spray them, making sure the party isn't caught in the blast.

you really should listen to the bard. This is disrespectful, and deep down you know this is wrong

diplomacy to assist Eldon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Male Dwarf Level 2 Barbarian

Burlee rolled his shoulders underneath the casket. He said nothing to the mob, yet glared incessantly at them. The casket was digging into his shoulder, and he decided to place himself in the front centre of it, creating a triangle to support it up; his eyes never left the group and he lifted it and placed it on his burly shoulders.

He couldn't comprehend the story, as long speeches tend to bore him, and he began to think of the time he ran into a nymph nook...or was it a valley with rather good looking trees? The memory was fuzzy, but it was a good time nonetheless! Despite his thoughts, he held his scowl at the group, kinda snapping in and out of reality.

What's better than fighting a mob? Fighting a mob of various colorrrrrs!


Eldon walks up to the the surly Gibs Hephenus and starts his story, turning away from the road Eldon gathers the attention of Gibs and his mob while the pallbearers pass almost unnoticed by the angry villagers. A few of the villagers start trying to get Gibs attention but he waves them to be quiet as the halfing tells his outlandish but enamoring tale. The party continues without being harassed any further. Councilmen Hearthmount ushers Eldon along as he starts to berate the mob, ordering them to disperse and leave the mourning in peace.


Gibs directs the men to go home and pauses for a moment to scream to the party as they walk away. THIS AIN'T RIGHT YA' KNOW, GOIN BURYING A NECROMANCER WITH OUR KIN. IT AIN'T RIGHT! IT AIN'T RIGHT AT ALL!


That's enough Gibs go on home before I have Sheriff Caeller lock the whole lot of you for attempting to incite a riot, disturbing the peace, and obvious public intoxication!

Gibs despite being utterly enraged by the councilmen threat heeds the warning and leaves the cemetery muttering to himself a line of obscenities that would make the most callous charlatan blush.

The encounter was successful diverted! experience will be rewarded and an update will be written in the campaign rules tab later tonight

Shadow Lodge

Female Halfling Sorcerer (elemental,fire) 12 HP 62/62| AC: 20 T 20 FF 13|concentration +19 fire resistance 20 | | CMB: +5 | CMD:23 | Fort:+8 | Ref:+12 | Will:+11 Fear Save: +3 | Init:+8| Perc: +14 | Stealth:+13 Spellcraft +16
active spells:
mage armour, shield, firebolt 10/10 fireblast 1/1

WOOT! go the bard!
Lena goes back to her place at the coffin.
well done Eldon

Grand Lodge

Male Human Monk/2 (HP 15/15 | AC:17 | T:17 | FF:14 | CMB: +4 | CMD:20 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3 | Perc: +8 | Stealth:+7 | Speed 30)

Not being one who was used to working with others, especially ones from outside the order, Heto was pleased at the swift resolution. In the order he always knew all of the training and experiences of anyone he worked with; it made communication easy. Maybe whatever varied experiences these strangers had was still enough to allow comradery based solely upon the choices of the Professor. A truly brilliant man and judge of character. The closest thing to a smile crosses Heto's face. He nods his appreciation to Eldon as the bard returns to his post.


It is only a couple more minutes of walking before you see Father Grimburrow and a few more temple acolytes waiting quietly as you approach. A temporary gazebo has been erected around the burial site with a couple torches to provide dim light in the area.

The casket is taken by the acolytes and placed onto a winch apparatus that will lower it in place. The Priest of Pharasma stands at his small pulpit and gives a brief sermon detailing the journey to the afterlife and how now Petros' soul can now be at rest. Father Grimburrow steps down from the pulpit.

Now if any of Petros' loved ones would like to say a fews on behalf of the deceased celebrating his life please step forward. Kendra gives you a reassuring glance as she waits for the group to finish their testimonials

To recount a story that moves the audience make a DC 15 diplomacy or perform

Liberty's Edge

F Gnome Cleric 2 HP03/18 NL0 | AC17 T11 FF17 | CMB-1 CMD09 | F+5 R+0 W+6 (+2 v fear/desp.; +2 v illus.)| Init+2 Spd20 | Perc+2 SM+6 Dv. K(Rel)+8
Other:
Shillelagh +1/1d4-1/x2; LXbow +2/1d6/19-20/x2

Norna approaches, gives a respectful bow to the Priest of Pharasma, and says a little prayer for Guidance from Desna before she begins to say a few short words about the wonder of a different kind of travel.

"In the end, all lives lead to the same destination - Pharasma's judgement and their just reward. From that we learn it is not the destination but the journey that matters, a journey measured by all the stops along the way where the traveler has made a difference. As you can see, the Professor, a great man, touched so many diverse lives in his travels through life."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 = 15
It is not Norna's best performance - she wanted to keep it appropriately brief - but Desna provided the final spark to touch the hearts of the audience.


Male Halfling Bard/10 (HP 83/83 | AC:19 [+2 Buckler] | T:14 | FF:16 [+2 Buckler] | CMB:6 | CMD:19 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+10 | Will:+7 | Fear:+3 | All other saves:+1 | Init:+3 | Perc:+14 | Speed 20)
Abilities / Spells:
Bardic Performance: 23/25 | Lv1: 6/6 | Lv2: 5/5 | Lv3: 4/4 | Lv4: 1/2 | Inspired: 1/1 | Lore Master: 1/1

While he nods in agreement to Norna's words Eldon steps forward. Like Norna he gives the priestess a respectful bow, then looks at the other people attending the funeral.

Keep it short...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

"The professor will be missed by many, for his passing is a loss to all of us. But as I shouldn't speak for all of us, I'll now speak for only myself... The professor taught me many things. He helped me practice the art of storytelling, which is what became my profession. He helped ma practice the art of diplomacy, which has saved my life many times. He helped me with so many things, I'll need several days to describe all of it..."

Eldon shakes his head and wipes away a tear from the corner of his eye. When he continues to speak his voice sounds emotional. "He was my friend and my mentor... And I miss that man already..."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Monk/2 (HP 15/15 | AC:17 | T:17 | FF:14 | CMB: +4 | CMD:20 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3 | Perc: +8 | Stealth:+7 | Speed 30)

Heto remains quiet and respectful; attentively listening to all the speakers.

Not getting up to speak, Heto knows it is not one of his strong points.

1 to 50 of 8,168 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A working gameplay thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.