GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


6,601 to 6,650 of 8,104 << first < prev | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | next > last >>

HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Fort+GH DC 15: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 2 = 24
As Kosei-elemental rocky skin softens he breaths deeply with great effort and will to fight for life and Life and Osirion.

The rock-man looks around a bit confused about what has happened but quickly figuring out the new situation "טאַקע פלאָראַנס פרייַנד! עס ס אַ שרעקלעך ונדעאַד גרויל! איך קען פּרובירן צו צעשטערן עס מיט די מאַכט פון לעבן, אָבער איך דאַרפֿן דיין הילף פלאָראַנס, איך דאַרפֿן דיין הילף צו פאָרלייגן זיין וועט, אַזוי די ביק איז ווייניקער מסתּמא צו בלייַבנ לעבן."

Terran:

"Oh Florence friend! It's a terrible undead horror! I can try to destroy it with the power of Life, but I need your help Florence, I need your help to submit his Will, so the bull is less likely to survive."
It's just a suggestion, if you have no better options and you can do anything to help him fail his next Will save, I can try to hit him hard with a heal.

Kosei advances himself next to Florence and uses his reach to touch Zilchus with the power of fire, the blessing of the salamander.
Zilchus gains Fast Healing 5, fire resistance 20 and +2 competence CMD for 13 rounds


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 20

Zilchus climbs into the air and over the pool to strike the gorgon. Though he reaches out with lunge, the spikes in his bones cut his hand none the less doing damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6. Florence pulls a scroll, reaches out, and brings Kosei back! Kosei survives the transformation, and provides healing and other protections to Zilchus as he prepares a tougher attack.

Without a commander, great beast continues to frolic among the remaining statues, picking apart Stelle and Anubis. He attacks 1Anubis 2Stelle: 1d2 ⇒ 1 Anubis again...

Gore on Anubis: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (9) + 32 = 41 damage: 3d8 + 13 - 8 ⇒ (2, 6, 3) + 13 - 8 = 16 (hardness)
Hoof on Anubis: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (20) + 30 = 50 damage: 1d8 + 7 - 8 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 8 = 2 (hardness)
critthreat Hoof on Anubis: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (7) + 30 = 37 damage: 1d8 + 7 - 8 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 8 = 2 (hardness)

Hoof on Anubis: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (6) + 30 = 36 damage: 1d8 + 7 - 8 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 8 = 6 (hardness)

The ground beneath you continues to shift, and the whole pyramid begins to lean to one side (no effect as yet).

- Round 4 -
Isatemkhebet - 5 (dead again)
Voice in the Sky (blue) - 5 (crumbled stone)
Voice in the Sky (red) - 5 (stone)
KorAhnTuk (gorgon) - 5 (-97hp)
- Round 5 -
Nidhi - 18 (stone)
Stelle - 17 (stone)
Anubis - 17 (stone, -54hp)
Zilchus - 16 (-6hp)
Florence - 14
Kosei - 11

The party is up!


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 5, Initiative 14

Florence staggers as the pyramid begins to list to one side, her expression extremely worried and confused.

"What's going on!? Did something break???"

Still, there's the gorgon to worry about and the rest of her petrified companions - especially poor Anubis! Though she suspects one of her more powerful spells might be able to fix everyone else, it's something that would take her time to cast. Time the rest of them might not have if they don't finish the beast off first.

She stumbles forward and around the sarcophagus until she has a better bead on the creature and begins casting another spell. The air around her hums and crackles as a bolt of lightning suddenly erupts from her hand!

Lightning Bolt: 10d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 5, 1, 6, 5, 2, 6, 4, 6) = 40

DC 19 Reflex for half damage~

Current Spells:

Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1st - Ear-Piercing Scream, Enlarge Person, Fumbletongue, Mage Armor, Shadow Trap, Snowball + Pearl of Power
2nd - Aid, Fog Cloud, Glitterdust, Hold Person, Lipstitch, See Invisibility + Pearl of Power
3rd - Dispel Magic, Earth Tremor, Heroism x2, Lightning Bolt
4th - Black Tentacles, Blessing of Fervor, Death Ward, Dimension Door, Greater False Life
5th - Befuddled Combatant, Break Enchantment, Hold Monster x2
6th - Cone of Cold, Greater Dispel Magic, True Seeing
7th - Chain Lightning


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Round 5, Init 16

"HEY! I'M RIGHT HERE! YOU AFRAID TO FIGHT FLESH OR SOMETHING!? YOU SOME SORT OF STONEOPHILIAC!? THAT'S SICK!" Zilchus growls as the gorgon ignores him.

He moves to swing, with a grunt, at the gorgon.
1d20 + 18 + 2 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 18 + 2 + 2 + 6 = 41 to hit; (+hero,+bard, +GH)
2d4 + 21 + 2d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 21 + (5, 2) + 2 + 2 = 39 adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 2 + 2 + 6 = 38 to hit; (+hero,+bard, +GH)
2d4 + 21 + 2d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 21 + (1, 5) + 2 + 2 = 36 adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

Pot Crit:
1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 2 + 2 + 6 = 22 to hit; (+hero,+bard, +GH)
2d4 + 21 + 2d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 21 + (2, 5) + 2 + 2 = 36 adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+3+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 106-6/106
AC: 34/30 (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler+5 barkskin = 39/35

DF 0/10
Weap: 0/13 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 3/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 0/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/13 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 0/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Zilchus heals a bit due to the blessing of the fire salamander.

Kosei observes astonished at the sick stone phile, and decided it does not goes with him, he casts heal and advances to hit at reach the gorgon with the power of life!
Heal touch+GH+IC (touch): 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 + 3 = 24 +3 from greater magic fang?
SR: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 2 = 23
Positive energy damage+GH+IC: 130 + 2 + 3 = 135
Will DC 24 for half, assuming it is undead, otherwise you can kill Kosei!


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus steps up angrily and though he hits twice, he fails to follow through and misses the crit. He also takes damage: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (1, 6) + 10 = 17 for his trouble. (Also, on the crit, I don’t think holy is doubled.) Florence decides to test the creatures reflexes and while there is no SR, it is more agile than it appears. Kosei looks upon the smoldering creature, beset by fire and cold and blade and now electricity. So he decides to dip into the positive plane for yet another angle… (Yes, I think greater magic fang would apply though it didn't matter in this case.)

Reflex: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27 vs DC 19 for half of 40
Will: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30 vs DC 24 for half of 135

Though it made both saves, the great gorgon lists to one side, teetering a moment, and falls over. It takes you a moment to realize it is destroyed, and has solidified into solid stone - but they pyramid's motion caused it to tip.

The floor is very uneven now (difficult terrain) and wobbly. You’re sure as well that you’re falling. Yep, that’s a certainty. Hard to say how fast without seeing the horizon, but the ground is coming up to meet you.

We are out of initiative but keep your plans short please.

Isatemkhebet - 5 (dead again)
Voice in the Sky (blue) - 5 (crumbled stone)
Voice in the Sky (red) - 5 (stone)
KorAhnTuk (gorgon) - 5 (stone)
Nidhi - 18 (stone)
Stelle - 17 (stone)
Anubis - 17 (stone, -54hp)
Zilchus - 16 (-18hp)
Florence - 14
Kosei - 11


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence pinwheels her arms wildly as the pyramid continues to list and then reaches out to catch hold of the sarcophagus in front of her. "Ohhh boy, we're going down, aren't we? This is going to hurt..." she groans as she tries to climb atop of it.
______________

I'm...at a bit of a loss. What sort of concentration check is it to try and cast right now?


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Currently you're just a little wobbly, so no concentration check needed. But a minute long spell might be tougher as the pyramid continues its descent - things may change.

Remember the sarcophagus lid is up, floating a few feet above the now empty crypt. You see nothing particular within at a casual glance. Do you climb inside?

Also, I made slight mistake. The harm spell (what heal becomes when used against undead) cannot reduce a creature below 1hp so the gorgon would have survived one more round. But we're not going back as it was still too soon to breath again, just noting the error.


"Yeah, it's going to hurt! What...what do you want to do?" Zilchus seems panicked as he isn't sure airwalking is going to help him if the place crashes.

He take a moment to recover his mind by looking through Isatemkhebet for loot or items of interest.

"Kosei? Can you carry Nidhi? I'll grab the Gargoystelle. And then maybe we'll get out of here!"


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

As the gorgon turns to stony dust Kosei reverts to his normal form "Oh! What's that? What's going on? Do you think we might perhaps be able to control the pyramid now?" the man looks at Florence for answers. He climbs into the sarcophagus and looks if Isatemkhebet had anything in his tomb.

Kosei nods to Zilchus "If we run fast to the entrance, I can convert into a large bat myself so you can load Nighi-statue and Gargoystelle into me, and we can escape flying my friends!" the man casts ant haul on himself in preparation to carry the extra load.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

A plan begins to form, even as Kosei climbs into the sarcophagus looking for clues. Successful, he finds a hidden panel which slides easily aside to reveal a nice little cache of items. He finds a helm of brilliance, a periapt of wound closure, and a ring of stony flesh. Isatemkhebet made good use of the helm of brilliance in life, however, and only 1 diamond, 2 rubies, 4 fire opals, and 1 opal remain in the helm.

However, while he's in there rummaging around the lid lowers swiftly back on top of him and an aura of power surrounds the sarcophagus - an aura that acts as a Forcecage (link). He feels magics building up in the coffin, but cannot yet ascertain what they are. This is a solid walled forcecage. (On the plus side it should protect Kosei from the fall...)

They pyramid seems to be picking up speed, or at least it's starting to spiral. You're not quite dizzy, but you're not enjoying being in a falling box either.


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

"Isatemkhebet! Son of a hyena! What more surprises you have to kill us!?" Kosei hits the walls of the forcecage desperately. Observing it most probably offers no result, the Garundi attempts to slide back to its initial position the hidden panel.

"Most lovely friends in Osirion, I think I need help here as it seems I found one of the awful general traps. Any idea?" Kosei attempts to shout through the force walls willing his voice to be able to reach the other side.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The hidden panel closes with a soft click, but the forcecage remains. Your voice barely projects through the stone lid, but those outside are pretty perceptive so they may hear you... just.

Oh and the General Isatemkhebet is the Daughter of a hyena. :) Remember she's a woman. Or was before you destroyed her undead form.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Are you serious!?" Florence cries as Kosei manages to get himself trapped inside the sarcophagus. Still, the strange man did have a good idea and she quickly tries rummaging through anything the re-dead Isatemkhebet might have on her actual person...
______________

I've got one last idea (kinda) if Flo doesn't find anything useful on the body but I want to wait and see if she does, first~


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

"Friends, good thing is I might have found some really good stuff in here. Bad thing is for all the desert tombs, I think I shall confirm I am trapped in here" Kosei attempts to open and close the slide once more after picking the objects inside "As things developed, I think I shall officially reclaim for my share this whole tomb. It is good to know one shall rest with the honors of a Pharaoh's General my friend! It soothes me out"

With no lack of desperation, Kosei attempts to dispel the force cage.
Dispel CL: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
As the spell fails, Kosei starts talking a bit less calmer "My good friends, the pyramid is moving, it might be heading to met the real pharaoh as he might have felt the death of its general" the Garundi performs a solemn pause "The Sun and the Stars tell me this is dangerous. Just pick up all the stuff and our stony-friends and try to safe yourselves. Please have the Fire Lion in your prayers and remember his story!"

Kosei will then enter into a trance trying to commune with nature looking for some natural forces able to make him out.
Looking for ideas to fill that 6th level slot with a spell that might bring Kosei out of this trap, he will need 15 min to make it happen though


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence does a quick check of Isatemkhebet's body. She finds armor, shield, khopesh, a headband and a bracelet that stand out. Oh and another stone fang for the arch of course.

Just in case, a quick glance at the harpies reveals the usual equipment on them as well (armor, shield, composite longbow, khopesh, stone fang).

However, the pyramid begins to seriously spiral. Eventually everyone is flung around (except Kosei) doing damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 4, 3) = 19 as you rattle about the hallways and rooms. It becomes very quickly difficult to move around, then impossible as you simply hang on, as your world spins wobbly.

A few harrowing moments later the entire structure lands with a loud CRUNCH! Apparently the spin was worse than the descent as falling damage isn’t as horrific as the descent felt.

Falling damage: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 5, 6, 6) = 27 (remember stoners, you have hardness 8, Kosei you do not take this damage)

Though the landing is perhaps softer then expected, everyone, statues included, are prone in one form or another with the exception of Anubis, who managed to land back on all fours, and Zilchus, who’s pasted to the ceiling. The pyramid is at a severe 45 degree angle, but seems stable for all that. The halls are littered with rubble from walls and ceilings which have partially collapsed, but the structural integrity as a whole seems OK for now.

A ding like an egg timer goes off, and a Harm spell pops inside the sarcophagus (ostensibly to heal Isatemkhebet). Kosei, please make a DC 19 will save to take half of 150hp. Remember the spell can only take you to 1hp, not lower. As soon as the Harm occurs, the forcecage disappears and the lid floats gently into the air above the coffin - Kosei is freed!

You’re traveling on steep angles and areas full of debris so movement is tricky without earthglide or air walk. In most cases it’s just difficult terrain, but in some are as you’re actually climbing (mostly DC 10 stuff, but still difficult to move around).

Nidhi - 18 (stone, -30hp)
Stelle - 17 (stone, -30hp)
Anubis - 17 (stone, -84hp)
Zilchus - 16 (-46hp)
Florence - 14 (-46hp)
Kosei - 11 (will save)

The pyramid has landed.


That is a really good post, Evilan. :)

"We need to get Nidh---" Zilchus' cries are cut off as he can no longer keep his air feet and finds himself on the ceiling of the spinning, crashing pyramid.

When they finally do crash, Zilchus offers a nice splatty vomit to the wreckage.

"Aw s%*$, you guys okay?" Zilchus moves to go check on the stones, looking at the stoned mask. "Flo, you alive?"

When others are near, he will call upon the Raging River to cleanse the wounds of the party.

4d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 6, 6) = 18 channel
4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 1, 1) = 10 channel

He climbs onto his airy feet to try to find a way out, and carry the Gargoystelle out too.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei's trance is abruptly interrupted as the cage he is within starts rolling from one side to the other, his mind dazing on what seems a whole life duration of a descend.
Will DC 19: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35
When the pyramid likely finds the ground and he hopes everything has come to an end, the sudden energies of the sarcophagus punish him.
HP 37/120

As the cage finally disappears he slowly gets his head out of sarcophagus "That was a real trip"

He breaths more calmer as he hears Zilchus cursing. With a bit of effort the Garundi gets out of his improvised travel cabin and approaches for the healing.
HP 65/120

"Well, I can't figure out how to safe them myself. Perhaps if we explore the rooms remaining we might find something of use to take the pretty rock of Osirion out of their beautiful skin?" Kosei points to the doors on the room "Although we will need to figure out a way to move through this tilted surface"

Likewise, he uses his remaining plane hand touches to help himself as Florence and Zilchus seems basically ok after the channels.
Heal: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (2) + 25 = 27 +20 hp
Heal: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (15) + 25 = 40 +33 hp
HP 118/120
HH: 4/13

And Florence.
Heal: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (14) + 25 = 39 +33 hp
HH: 3/13

The blessing of the salamander was for 10 rounds. Depending on how much it took us to fall, it might restore some healing to Zilchus


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

It took about a minute or so to fall, so sure - he'd have healed everything but the final falling damage.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence slowly opens her eyes, blinking as the dust and bits of shattered stone settle around. She groans and struggles to sit up as she finds that she's wedged into one of the corners of the room, dimly aware of Bynx howling like a banshee from within his carrier.

"Ye gods," she coughs as she climbs shakily to her feet. "We're alive? We're alive! Zilchus, we're alive!"

Florence looks around again at the ruined room, companions and statues lying about, piles of rubble and stone covering the floor. "Well...I guess that's one way to take care of a flying pyramid," she remarks.

After picking her way back over to where Zilchus and Kosei are gathered and receiving their healing, she takes further stock of the situation. "Look, we don't know how stable what's left of this place is. Let's grab what we can, get Nidhi, Stelle, and Anubis, and try to get out of here. Once we're outside I might be able to try and fix them."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The group hoists the extra-heavy Nidhi, Anubis, and Stelle to the arch. Removing the Fang from the existing arch, you hear the usual grinding and hissing, but it sounds labored, and seems to take longer than it did originally. But perhaps that's just your desire to get free of this trap.

Eventually the tunnel aligns and you are able to drag/carry your burdens out to the entrance.

The pyramid is tipped down to the entry and into the soft ground along the edge of the river and partially in the river. You are able to squeeze/wade/climb out of the structure, dragging your loads behind you.

Nidhi does get stuck in the mud for a bit, and it takes all your muscles to pull her free, but you eventually get the entire party - panting heavily and covered in mud, laying on the banks of the mighty Sphinx, just downstream a few hundred yards from Wati.

You see a variety boats coming from Wati toward the pyramid - the crash must have been a sight to see! - but you have some time before even the first of them will arrive.


Florence Corvina wrote:
"Ye gods," she coughs as she climbs shakily to her feet. "We're alive? We're alive! Zilchus, we're alive!"

Zilchus looks down at his bruises and feels the aching muscles under the bruises.

”Yes, we’re alive and we should thank the God. The Raging River may batter and beat you against the rocks, but eventually you will find the shore.” Zilchus offers a smile as he goes to look at Nidhi’s stony, masked face.

”Now, I have to ask...can we take the mask off and break it while it is stone? It may also require smashing Nidhi’s head, but...uh...so there are risks. As you know, if we destroy the mask, we destroy a part of the big jerk’s soul, and if it can never be remade, then we have done our job.”

Zilchus looks to see if Kosei has any opinion the matter. He wishes Ben was around to tell the others how good of an idea this was. Ron Howard Narrator voice: it’s not and Ben wouldn’t.


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei looks exultant as Florence proclaims they are alive. As they find their way out of the pyramid, Kosei wildshapes into a water elemental to help move the statues and everyone else to the shore safety.

"Duket se së shpejti do të kemi vizitë. Nëse ka diçka në duart tuaja, urtë dhe Firence e zgjuar, mendoj se duhet ta provoni tani mikun tim të bekuar." Kosei soothes Nidhi's rocky head while answering at Zilchus "Ajo ka kokën e bukur osiriane, do të ishte një keqardhje e vërtetë nëse ne kemi hundën e saj të thyer vetëm për shkak se nuk e pëlqejmë maskën e saj Zilçi, miku im. A mendoni se maskë po e bën të keqen e saj? Ajo duket e shqetësuar nga ajo. Ajo do të jetë më e mashtruar për ta gjetur atë të thyer. Por sigurisht miku im ju e dini më shumë nga të gjitha këto histori, nëse mendoni se ne duhet ta thyejmë, thyejmë atë që duhet. Thjesht mos e thyej hundën e saj të bukur Zilçin, mikun tim."

Aquan:

"It seems we soon will have visit. If there is something in your hands oh sage and smart Florence I think you should try it now my blessed friend."

"She has the beautiful osiriani head, it would be a real pity if we have her nose broken just because we did not like her mask Zilchus my friend. Do you think the mask is doing her bad? She seems concerned by it. She will be most deceive it to find it broken. But of course my friend you know more of all this story, if you think we should break it, break it we should. Just don't break her pretty nose Zilchus my friend. You say it's evil and dangerous? Shall we ask to Osirion on what to do?"

K. religion (does Kosei know if the mask is bad for Nidhi?): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
K. planes (does Kosei know if the mask is bad for Nidhi?): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Sorry Kosei, missed your question until now. The mask does not seem to be bad for Nidhi in any way. In fact, it provides a number of beneficial benefits to her. There are fell powers within the mask that is true, but it seems to adjust to the wearer, at least a bit. Nidhi could reach out to those dark powers, but the corruption would come from her, not the mask as far as you can tell.

Also, the party is pretty sure that destroying the mask - releasing the piece of soul stored within - without doing the ritual, may result in the great Hakotep's resurrection. The research you've done suggests you need to perform this ritual in Hakoetp's sarcophagus with all three of the pieces of Hakotep's soul.

But that could be wrong too. These things are very complicated.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Nnnnnn...leeeet's wait on trying to break the mask, okay?" Florence remarks after taking a few moments to catch her breath and appreciate having lived to see the sun again. "I think we need to find Hakotep's sarcophagus first...and I'm pretty sure it's in another pyramid that isn't this one we just crashed."

With half of her companions still petrified Florence rolls up her sleeves and claps her hands together. "Okay! This is sort of an unorthodox use of this spell but I might be able to remove the petrification. It'll just take me a minute or so to do the casting so try not to distract me, okay?"

Break Enchantment vs. DC 24 - Anubis: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Break Enchantment vs. DC 24 - Nidhi: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Break Enchantment vs. DC 24 - Stelle: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
______________

Reading the spell I was unclear from the description if I'd need to make one check for everyone or individual checks for each person. Erred on the side of individual checks but if it's just one then no dice; we'll need to go visit the Temple again.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

It's one roll per target per casting, so Nidhi has been released from stone.

I believe Nidhi also has Break Enchantment, so we'll see what she does. The rowers are still coming down river, so you have time - likely for two more castings if Nidhi has that many.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

As her spell finishes, Florence seems torn between happiness that Nidhi is back to normal and disappointment that her grand bit of magic wasn't more effective.

"Well! That was uh...some manner of successful," she smiles. "Nidhi...are you okay? How do you feel?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

At first nothing seems to happen. Then, there’s several snapping noises as fine, lightning-shaped cracks compromise the statue’s integrity. The statue takes in a sharp inhale of breath as rock crumbles away from Nidhi’s mouth, revealing her tanned skin and lips. One hand, free from the stone prison, claws desperately at the remaining stone that has yet to fall away. Her other, encapsulated, grasps at the still-stone bow. More rock crumbles away, revealing Nidhi’s emerald green eyes wide-eyed in terror. It wasn’t a seamless transition. Nidhi loses balance from the parts of her body that are still entombed and falls forward from the weight.

As Nidhi lands, bracing herself with her good hand, the rest of the stone falls away revealing her organic form. Nidhi lets out a blood-curdling scream - at a volume that would rival all other sounds she’d made - unaware of what has happened to her and utterly terrified of the displacement. This wasn’t where they’d been fighting. What happened? Where was she? What year was it? Fueled by fear and an intense ferocity to live, Nidhi casts Greater Invisibility on herself.

Invisible, Nidhi does everything in her power to ensure that she’s ‘safe’ and not going to die. She crawls across the ground on her hands and knees a short distance before standing up. Her slender fingers feel her head for the mask - fodder to another persisting fear - and lower upon feeling the familiar buckles. Then, hands shaking, Nidhi rapidly checks the rest of herself to make sure she’s whole. A bit of stone is caught up in her waist scarf and she flicks it away faster than if it had been a bug. Nidhi places a hand over her chest, feeling her rapid heartbeat. Her heart was beating painfully against her chest but it was the most welcomed feeling she’d ever experienced because it was proof she was alive.

Comforted by her very much alive heartbeat, Nidhi begins to calm down enough to take in her surroundings. Still invisible.

Nidhi Spell Tally:

34 Bardic Performances: 10/34

7 1st-level: Disguise Self, Comprehend Languages (self)
7 2nd-level: Heroism (self)
5 3rd-level: Cure Serious Wounds (self)
4 4th-level: Greater Invisibility (self)
2 5th-level: Cure Light Wounds, Mass


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Hey Nidhi, w-" Florence starts to say but isn't fast enough to finish before the panicked young woman casts her spell and vanishes. Having recognized the spell, Florence is at least contented that Nidhi hasn't teleported herself away. She looks back over her shoulder at Zilchus and Kosei.

"Um...I think we need to give her a few minutes to calm down..."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

I have a lot of miscellaneous things I need to do today. I don't know when I'll be able to post.

Still standing invisible, Nidhi's emerald green eyes take in her surroundings for the first time. She could see what appears to be the pyramid - now crashed - not too far away. Her companions are nearby too. Florence, Bynx, Zilchus, Kosei... and stone statues of Stelle and her faithful Annie?! Nidhi does a double take as she realizes she must not been the only one. Remembering her own distress and fear, Nidhi half-walks, half-stumbles over to Stelle's stony form and casts Break Enchantment. As magic begins to course from Nidhi's fingertips into Stelle's solid form, Nidhi's invisibility dissipates.

Nidhi will attempt to cast Break Enchantment on Stelle again if it fails the first time. If it passes, Nidhi moves to Annie to repeat the action. She will use all of her spell slots if needed.

Break Enchantment (Stelle): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Break Enchantment (Stelle, then Annie): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Break Enchantment (Stelle, then Annie): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Knowing that she wasn't the only one makes the situation seem more bearable to Nidhi. After Stelle gets her bearings, Nidhi attempts to give hugs to both Annie, then Stelle, knowing firsthand what they suffered. Theatrically throwing up her hands, "I know I do a great impression of a hotdog but, never, ever again." The bard takes a step back to turn on her companions - the ones who didn't appear to have been stone. "How much time has passed? What happened?" Nidhi shoots off questions rapid fire. "And why am I back to normal out here? What if I was stone forever?" Nidhi looks distressed after asking the last question. She looks like she's about to say something else but closes her mouth after opening it, making her look like a fish out of water.

The bard hugs herself, rubbing her upper arms even though it's blisteringly hot outside. She wasn't sure if being turned to stone counted as being dead, but she felt like she'd had a brush with death closer than ever before. Closer than the undead crocodiles. The longer they adventured, the higher the stakes seemed to get. Nidhi strokes the scepter at her waist. "I'm going to use the gods out of this Rod of Splendor and have a big party to celebrate life. With lots of honey and fruit. Just me and this rod. All. Weekend. Long. Don't try to stop me. I've earned this," Nidhi prattles on in the Nidhi-way. Anybody turned to stone deserves a good stiff drink and a tub of honey to drown their sorrows. The bard secures her longbow across her back.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi, just one casting effects both, and breaks the enchantment on both - good rolls!

Stelle and Annubis too are free of their stony embrace. It's about a minute or two before the first boats arrive if you wish to do anything. Be a bit busy today, but I'll try to post later.


”What? No smashing of Nidhi’s face?” Zilchus listens to Florence and maybe even Kosei as they explain that it might not be the best idea, even though it clearly seems like a good one to him. ”Alright, we’ll do it your way. Just seems like it should be much easier to send a soul to the boneyard. Those Pharasmooks have *one* job and they can’t even do that right.” Zilchus shakes his head as he waits for Florence, then Nidhi’s magics to fix things.

”Okay, now what?” Zilchus sits calmly on the bank of the river, waiting for ...whatever. Splendourous things. River things. Boat things. More falling pyramids. He puts his hands on his knees and just sits for a bit. He’s battered and beaten, but not beaten.


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

❤ Robin!

Nidhi wrote:
Knowing that she wasn't the only one makes the situation seem more bearable to Nidhi. After Stelle gets her bearings, Nidhi attempts to give hugs to both Annie, then Stelle, knowing firsthand what they suffered.

Anubis becomes aware once more as his skin becomes pliable.

What ... what happened ?!! It feels like I'm wearing heavy mud and I am drowning! Is it the river? WHERE'S THE EVIL CROCODILE?! Wait, this is sand!

Anubis initially starts pawing in the air as if swimming, but quickly realizes he's on sandy ground. He instinctively shakes his body as if shedding excess water, a motion which is conveyed to Stelle who (up until this point) is still perched on his back.

Stelle, motionless and frozen in her last pose, banner raised and mouth wide open in a silent yell, tips sideways off of Anubis and plunks to the ground in a cloud of dust and sand.

And like that -- *POOF* -- they return to their glorious former organic selves.

"A-WOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" Anubis howls, and -- though free of the burden of Stelle -- tail tucked, weakly hobbles over to Nidhi's outstretched arms. Whimpering, he buries his face in her cloak.

OOooh! Mistress Nidhi! I have failed!


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle sits up in the sand, and looks around. What happened? She stands and out of habit brushes herself off even though it is not required by the current conditions of her armored attire. After spotting a beaten up Anubis safely in Nidhi's embrace, she smiles at them and takes in the scenery of the crashed Pyramid.

"Great job!" She exclaims, turning to her companions. "Was that a group effort, or -- sorry I couldn't be of more help. Things went kind of dark there there for awhile," she adds sheepishly. Thinking on it some more, her aspect turns dark.

What don't I know what happened? What DID happened?!

She becomes horrified, and excepts Nidhi's hug gratefully. She wipes a tear from her eye and whispers "We were stone?"

Zilchus wrote:
"What? No smashing of Nidhi's face?"

Still hugging Nidhi, Stelle's eyes dart to Zilchus and she says, "Well, it is also comforting to know that at least some things never change."

She hugs Anubis, who weakly wags his tail at the mention of his name. "Thank you for restoring us! Oh, Anubis -- it will be O.K. now! Nidhi says so!"

I wish I had paid more attention in First Aid class.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Oh, now that you’re outside the pyramid, you no longer see the sphere of power at the apex which indicated the power passed to the pyramid enabling flight. The entrance, which was once 10’ wide and 20’ high, is mostly submerged in the mud of the soft riverbank. Only about two or three feet of opening is left the rest underwater or underground now. Probably be a home for crocodiles within a day.

The first thrill-seekers to arrive hem the bank closely, but no one is eager to get off and inspect the pyramid more closely. One more daring soul cries out, ”What happened?” and a general murmur of questions follows, all along the same vein. As more boats arrive, people begin to crowd around you a bit, though still they stay on the river… where it’s safe.

Before long, your old friend Ptemenib arrives on a swift boat pulled by guards of Pharasma. ”My friends! You came! I had thought you’d arrive in two more hours!” he laughs lightly as he surveys the party. ”But Anubis is injured, poor dog. May I?” he asks Stelle.

Assuming she assents, he’ll cast various healing spells to heal him up (statues did not benefit from Zilchus’ channels), and even channel if anyone is additionally injured. (consider yourselves healed) ”Please come, and take your rest in the city. You can tell me of your recent exploits over a cool drink. The sun is high, and we should not be out in it. I shall leave guards here to see the interior is not disturbed. Come my friends.”

If permitted, he leads you to his boat where he selects a handful of guards to remain behind, while the rest strain in the high summer heat to pull you back to Wati. Abdur is at the docks and he breaks out into a grin when he sees you. He waves from the throng, but doesn’t try to approach for now. Content that you’re OK, he turns back into the city, likely back to Milki.

Before long, and with a growing tail of onlookers, you make it to the church of Pharasma, and are escorted inside to Ptemenib’s large and spacious office. Cool drinks and light sandwiches are brought, and in your haste you realize you’ve missed lunch. ”Now, tell me everything,” he entreats you.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Before the petrification is reverted, Kosei turns back to his normal self, not willing to add to those rescued confusion "Easy my friends, take it calm! It's very confusing, we destroyed the general, the pyramid fall and we get out of it in the river. You are good now my friends. The sands and waters of Osirion are welcoming us!"

Observing the final state of the pyramid he cannot avoid feeling a strange sense of proudness for having protected Wati. "I wonder, if this was not the horned leopard pyramid, how many other flying pyramids are there out?"

The Garundi wraps comfortably in his tunic as the citizens approach "People of Wati. Nothing to worry. Everything under control" his words contrast with the sinking pyramid at his back though.

Kosei will follow Ptemenib once he arrives "The General came in the pyramid. We think it was the horned leopard coming to visit us. But it seems the Great General just was against the greatness of Wati. So by the sands of Osirion we had to intervene. There was full of traps, included a starry bridge that it was not a bridge, and the vile image of shadowy Nidhi, or the shifting corridor and there was also the trapping nousious corridor too. Many corridors my friend Ptemenib. We found the sarcofagus and the General did not want to explain much of his visit. He just attacked us. Fortunately our little hero knight skewered the old bones like a shish kebab. But there was his bull too, whose fart was so terrible that petrified us. But Zilchus was then heroic and Florence saved me first and then Nidhi, and Stelle, and Anubis. Well, but that was after the pyramid fall and I was trapped into the general sarcophagus. A grand adventure my friend Ptemenib. How have things gone at Wati this couple of hours?" the man offers a wide grin.


Trying to find some piece by the river after a near death fall, Zilchus cringes first by Annie’s yowling, then the boats.

And I just wanted to sit by the river.

Zilchus accepts Ptemenib’s healing, but gruffly as he’s still annoyed by the failure of the Pharasmooks. But after healing, he goes to find a more quiet spot to sit, opening up a jug of applejack.

He sits and sips.
He sits and sips.
He sits and sips, stretching his legs.
He sits and sips.

After a while, he will make his way to whatever boat or road that takes him home. He’s quite happy to be very drunk by the time they get back.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
GM Euan as Ptemenib wrote:
”Please come, and take your rest in the city. You can tell me of your recent exploits over a cool drink. The sun is high, and we should not be out in it. I shall leave guards here to see the interior is not disturbed. Come my friends.”

Nidhi turns her head to stare expectantly at Florence, Zilchus, and Kosei. The bard is uncharacteristically quiet in a situation in which she'd normally try to garner all the attention. This was one of the rare occasions where Nidhi was not the best person to recount what happened. She'd been unconscious for an undisclosed amount of time and was largely unaware of what transpired. Sure, Kosei had given her a brief recount, but there was no telling what could have happened to her person. Maybe Zilchus had farted on her statuesque head. There was no telling and she wouldn't put it past him. Nidhi was pretty sure Florence was too kind and Kosei too chivalrous to reveal such an event.

During their time in the tavern, Nidhi keeps looking around at the patrons. She'll accept a small ramekin of honey, pita bread, and sliced fruit but sticks to water. She rests one hand over the mask, currently snug in her lap while she eats. Ptemenib wasn't as involved with the pyramid as I thought.

Nidhi doesn't speak - at all - except to ask Ptemenib a question a long after her companions have spoken and all her food is gone: "Ptemenib, do you know of a way to prevent a person from being mind-controlled?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

With Nidhi being understandably shaken by her experience and Zilchus three sheets to the wind all Florence can really do is nod as Kosei finishes his own colorful explanation of events.

"Um, yes, that's pretty much the size of it," Florence agrees. "I'm pretty sure we all would've liked to have gotten that pyramid out of the sky in a less, ah, traumatic fashion, but at least we did manage to take care of the problem without hurting Wati itself."

She hadn't really considered it until just now but what if the pyramid had come crashing down in the middle of the city instead of out in the river? It's a very sobering thought.

"General Isatemkhebet's lifeforce...er, deadforce?...anyway, her well-being must've been tied to the pyramid somehow because it didn't start to drop until after we killed her," Florence adds. "It would probably take a lot of study to figure out just how, though. And um...with all the mud and water and crocodiles and probably looters that'll be all over the place in a day or two...it'd probably be really hard to study anything in there."


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei keeps nodding at Florence logic, a bit surprised too that the pyramid could have smashed Wati "Are we sure we cannot have control of the pyramid? It could be very impressive to fly through the sky as another of the stars of Osirion"

The Garundi takes the opportunity to eat a bit and recover "I guess if we cannot fly it, that means we will have to take our cool sand-ship once more. It's less impressive but also stylish my friend. Shall we rest a day at least? We had an intense morning"


Zilchus takes a swig of his applejack and offers the jug to Kosei with a slap on the back.

”Ah Kosei, you are right! We should drink and relax tonight,” Zilchus roars. ”I have some bruises that won’t fix themselves overnight, but a few more drinks will cure me of their memory.”

Zilchus continues to stumble back to down, first to check the damages from the attack, then to visit his uncle.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

(As far as looters go, remember you alone have the Fang Keys which activate the arch. So no one can get past the arch as far as you know. That is of course if they can get past the posted guards.)

Kosei calms the common folk at the river bank, which encourages one or two to come ashore with the party. Ptemenib’s Pharasmin guard keeps them from the pyramid entrance at least when he arrives.

Later, Ptemenib listens carefully to Kosei’s story, watches Zilchus weaving a bit, observes Nidhi eat all the honey squares, hears Florence discuss the ancient General Isatemkhebet, and smiles as Stelle looks on.

He whistles at the story, but has few questions. ”Yes, we knew the pyramid was here to do us harm. Though they claimed they would leave once they had you we were not sure. Divinations were uncertain, which leads me to believe they might have left - but they’d be back to finish Wati. Or at least subjugate it’s people.”

He stands then, and bows, ”So on behalf of Wati and its peoples, I thank you.” Straightening up, he pours another round of drinks and calls for more honey for Nidhi before sitting back down.

”So what,” he glances at Zilchus, ’er, after a rest, do you plan to do next? Should we prepare for more of these pyramids in the sky? I’m not sure what we can do against such power, but if it’s going to happen again, we should prepare.”

Reply as you will, but you have the afternoon to do as you will. At times, you are stopped in the streets by well wishers, but it seems as if most of the populous doesn’t yet know your involvement in the pyramid. That will likely change.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus follows along, still asippin’ his applejack, letting a sense of calm soothe his wounds and his anxieties.

”You have divinashuns, Ptenumbnib?” Zilchus asks. ”Maybe you could ask where we should go next or how many more floating pyramushes they have. Because that one was diff-ifff-dff— hard, it was hard.”


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei gives a thought to the question "Perhaps you can build up a large device that can cast a protective area shell, like those magics that protects versus mental control, so it could protect the flying pyramids control and so you will be able to maintain them out of the city my friend"

Then he adds "But if what we plan is successful my friend, you will have not to worry anymore. We were heading to the “Slave Trenches of Hakotep" past the headwaters of the Crook river to activate the Khepsutanem’s Sekrepheres on the Aeromantic Infandibulum of the flying pyramid of the pharaoh and bring it down."

"Which reminds me we will need plenty of holy water my friend, to activate those monuments, could you help us find some holy water my friend?"


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Kosei's right; we were on our way to find these Slave Trenches when you contacted us," Florence confirms. "I think that if we can get inside Hakotep's pyramid we can deactivate any other flying pyramids he might have up his sleeve from there. But first we have to find these Slave Trenches and deal with whatever traps and guardians he's got set up there."

She pauses and glances at Zilchus and his applejack.

"Just thinking about it...um, maybe I'll have a little something stronger myself..."


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi remains uncharacteristically quiet, only to ask her single question at the end.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15
Ptemenib wrote:
”But Anubis is injured, poor dog. May I?” he asks Stelle. Assuming she assents, he’ll cast various healing spells to heal him up.

Once healed, Anubis stretches out facing Ptemenib -- his forepaws in front of him in an almost kowtow, and wags his tail three times. Then standing, he sighs deeply and yawns.

Thank you Human. I feel like a puppy again. Is it time to eat then nap now?

~

Zilchus wrote:
Zilchus accepts Ptemenib’s healing, but gruffly as he’s still annoyed by the failure of the Pharasmooks. But after healing, he goes to find a more quiet spot to sit, opening up a jug of applejack.

Anubis watches everyone but Zilchus follow Ptemenib back to the refreshments of Wati, and becomes curious if not concerned about the Pack split. He follows Zilchus to the Quiet Spot, and eyes him with bemusement as he sips at some weird smelly astringent in the dry desert heat.

Silly human. Learn. That stuff makes you dull. Very dull.

Grinning in the only manner he can -- stupidly -- the dog trots up to Zilchus and proudly displays his left side, then turns around and proudly displays his right side.

Look how shiny I am, this side, and this side! You too, can have healthy shiny fur! Here's how.

He prances about in the sand before throwing himself onto it wriggling and writhing, indulging in a sand bath. He stands, and shakes off the excess sand -- the bulk of it coating Zilchus.

More cool than you would expect! Fluffs and smooths! It knocks parasites off too! You should put that jug aside and try it. It's quite refreshing! You too can feel like a puppy again!

Zilchus wrote:


He sits and sips.
He sits and sips

What's wrong with you? Anubis snorts, catching a whiff of applejack. He gingerly mouths the desert boot on Zilchus's foot to be sure to avoid toes and other fleshy bits, and gently tugs at it. C'mon human. Food beckons! He tugs harder, trying to drag Zilchus back to refreshments.

Zilchus wrote:


He sits and sips, stretching his legs.
He sits and sips.

Eventually, the promise of a meal and fresh water wins out, and Anubis trots back to find the others in Wati leaving Zilchus to his own devices. He takes one last look at Zilchus over his shoulder.

Come join us soon. It's not good to be out here alone.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/15

~
Stelle nods as Kosei retells the telling tale of their adventures in the pyramid, trying to conceal a frown every time the words "horned leopard" are mentioned.

"Yes, I do remember skewering this awful mummy, but I'm afraid I don't remember much until Nidhi saved me and Anubis -- after the pyramid crashed."

What strong women! I should be more like Nidhi and Florence!

Ptemenib wrote:
"Divinations were uncertain, which leads me to believe they might have left - but they’d be back to finish Wati. Or at least subjugate it’s people.”

"Well, they had better think at least twice about it now!" she exclaims, shaking her tiny fist at the sky.

She nods as Kosei and Florence begin talking about area protections and the Slave Trenches of Hakotep. She silently marvels at Kosei's mastery of the tongue twister "Khepsutanem’s Sekrepheres on the Aeromantic Infandibulum".

Florence wrote:
"Just thinking about it...um, maybe I'll have a little something stronger myself..."

Stelle cracks out the Bar kit, and starts taking orders -- but not from Zilchus, as he seems to already be well enough plied.

She awaits any answer Ptemenib might have for Nidhi's question.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Ptemenib enjoys playing host, even providing a bit of meat for Anubis, and he even helps replenish some of Stelle’s liquor cabinet. As the conversation winds down, and Nidhi finds her voice, Ptemenib thinks a moment. ”Protection from Evil can do it, but it doesn’t typically last long, and I assume you want all-day protection.”

”I had heard of an absurdly simple method the Pathfinders used but it seems, on further study, that method does not in fact work. It was fascinating. It involved their wayfinders, small magical devices that all powerful Pathfinders carry. You can put an ioun stone into the device, and in some cases, magical resonances form which change the nature of the magics emanating from it.”

He laughs, ”I know it sounds ridiculous, but it’s true! I’ve seen them with my own eyes in Sothis. Anyway, it is said that in the old days you could take a specific ioun stone and slot it in to obtain a permanent Protection from Evil effect. Made you effectively immune to most mental controls. Alas, the woman I spoke to said that hasn’t worked in years.” he trails off a moment shaking his head.

”No, I can’t think of anything that would make you immune to mind control. A few things to help reverse it, like Dispel Magic or Break Enchantment. Protection from Evil for short term protection. Oh, Mind Blank I think protects you quite a bit, but it’s not fool-proof and only the most powerful of wizards can manage the spell. But a strong mind is less easily swayed I think, so you should be fine. I shouldn’t worry!” he tries to put a positive smile on the thing, but there’s not much he can do to help.

Presuming you're planning on leaving in the morning, you've a half a day or so if there's anything you want to do prior to traveling to the slave trenches.


Anubis-Ka, "Annie" wrote:
Look how shiny I am, this side, and this side! You too, can have healthy shiny fur! Here's how.

Zilchus is quite content to scritch the heck out of Annie, in fact, not just getting the top of the head, but also under the chin and by the tail.

He likes drinking and he likes dogs too. And cats. And sitting around scritching a dog while drinking and watching the river is the best time *ever*.

He begins to smile and relax, then relex some more.

This is perfect.

6,601 to 6,650 of 8,104 << first < prev | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.