GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


6,551 to 6,600 of 8,092 << first < prev | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | next > last >>

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi 'tries on' the scepter and finds herself wrapped in a gossamer of wealth. She sparkles as she walks, casting light-shadows on the walls around her.

Stelle recommends moving on after trying to provide Kosei with a proper head-covering. Kosei follows Stelle as does Zilchus after another fruitless search in the hallway - though he's sure there's nothing there but layered illusions.

To help out a little, if you walk through the arch, you end up back here - where the tooth is placed. If you remove all teeth, you end up back at the entrance level. There are two untried tooth sockets available to you, one in the upper jaw and one in the lower. The one you just visited was also in the upper jaw, but nearer the front.

So, upper or lower?

Oh, and for those of you who are truly adventurous, you're unable to place more than one tooth at a time. :)


3 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Honestly I'm happy to let Nidhi carry the Rod for the time being since she's clearly having a lot of fun with it, even if the stat bonuses don't stack :)

Florence frowns and rubs at her temples; trying to focus on translating Kosei's rumblings was hard enough without Nidhi playing dress-up on the edges of her peripheral vision and distracting her.

"Um...he's saying that Stelle and I are pretty smart and that Nidhi has style and splendor," she reports as she follows the group back along the hallway and back to the arch. "He just uses a lot more words to say the same thing, that's all. That's...actually kinda how Ben was, too. Huh."

Not really inclined to take the comparison any further than that, Florence then turns her attention back to the jaw and the teeth. "Let's try the other upper socket, shall we?"

She then places the tooth in the socket, wondering what paths will be opened next...


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei nods reinforcing Florence words and decisions. The earth-man awaits, dreamy of what kind of traps lay ahead of them this time, and ready to defend his new friends and Watty itself.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence carefully removes the current fang, and places it in the other upper slot. You hear the same rumbling and hissing as the tunnel beyond the arch heaves and shifts. Eventually, it subsides, and you proceed.

You exit out of the arch into a simple hallway ending in a simple door. To save a little time, after checking for traps, you open said door only to reveal a small empty chamber with three more doors - one on each wall.

New map is up!


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Oof...talk about options," Florence remarks, peering around at the three different doors. Though she knows that her eye for traps is rather poor she does scan the small room and each door for signs of magic.

Spellcraft (If Necessary): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (20) + 21 = 41


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence, though she'd know what it was if she saw it, finds no magics in the chamber, other than what the party brought with them.


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei helps Florence to examine the new found doors.
Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21

The earth-man looms protectively over Florence and Nidhi and points to the northern door, just for random preference, but he just goes on with whatever direction the others chose.


Zilchus examines the initial doors, then opens them and examines the doors inside.

1d20 + 25 ⇒ (12) + 25 = 37 Perception

1d20 + 25 ⇒ (13) + 25 = 38 Perception

If everything looks safe, he will grunt an open the north doors.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle aids in Zilchus's Perception. +4 to Zilchus's rolls.

+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear (Everyone)
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge(Everyone)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Neither Kosei nor Zilchus find anything of note on the doors, particularly with Stelle’s help. Nor Florence either - who is presumably still detecting magic. Zilchus opens the northern door to reveal a very unusual room.

Every available space on the walls of this large octagonal and domed chamber is decorated with complex hieroglyphs, many of which shimmer and glow and flash with blue light and sparks of electricity. In the center of the room stands a 15’ tall scale model of a pyramid, its southward face emblazoned with the image of a five-pointed sun. It looks very much like the pyramid you entered in every particular. The ceiling of this chamber peaks at nearly 50’.

If you wish to try and understand the chambers purpose by reading the hieroglyphs, you’ll need ten minutes of uninterrupted time, knowledge of Ancient Osiriani, and a DC 30 Knowledge Arcana or Linguistics.

It's been about 25 minutes since you climbed into the air and 20 minutes since entering the structure for purposes of ongoing spells. That’s prior to the study above which would add 10 minutes to your time and end air walk I think, if you spend the time.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Every weapon has a manual... maybe every flying Pyramid does too!

Stelle marvels at the room. "Oh! Oh! Do you think this is the Pyramid Manual?! Do you think this will tell us how to land this thing?" Stelle says excitedly, and a little anxiously looking down at her Anubis's feet -- five feet above the ground.

"We're not going to be able to walk on air forever, and it's a long way down!"


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"You know what Stelle? I think it is!" Florence agrees excitedly as she follows Zilchus into the room. "Let me just make sure there aren't any weird magical traps first and then I'll see if I can make any sense of these hieroglyphs...but it'll take a few minutes, okay?"

Though fully expecting to see magics of some sort, Florence does her due diligence and scans the room for any auras that might present a hazard....

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 38

...and assuming nothing dangerous is turned up, she then turns her attention to the hieroglyphs.

Kn. Arcana (DC 30; Osirionology): 1d20 + 21 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 21 + 1 = 33


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei glide through the stone to join the others at the chamber. While Florence scans for auras, he attempts to check the model and the stone surrounding it for any kind of trap.
Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

Then, the earth-man sits in the stone next to Florence, amused at her large knowledge. Kosei looks at the glyphs and attempts to explain Florence the meaning of those he does recognize, as he has learned in the monastery of Tar Kuata.
Linguistics+Osirionology (aid Florence): 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 1 = 33


Zilchus will just scan for dangers and loot in the strange new room.

1d20 + 25 ⇒ (1) + 25 = 26 Perception

”You know who would love this room? Ben. But he’s a big jerk who’s gone,” Zilch grumps, still wounded by the betrayal.

”You guys want to spend all day in here reading? Or can we move on?”

Zilchus would be ready to open the east door if others wish it.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence is further delayed a while as she clears her eyes (and mind) from the overwhelming magical auras of the room which blind and confuser her briefly - likely causing her to shut down her detect magic. Kosei too has trouble with the walls of this chamber, taking electrical damage when he tries to step/peer through them. Zilchus doesn’t have any trouble, but he also doesn’t discover anything.

Kosei electrical damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8

The runes and magics of the room are studied carefully. While there is no Osirionology boost to this roll, Florence still manages to discover the purpose of the room, and a little bit about it, while Kosei points out additional obscure hieroglyphs and their meaning.

This room channels the intense magical powers of the Aeromantic Infandibulum, siphoning and focusing its ancient energies to give the Five-Pointed Sun the power of flight. You have not learned enough to figure out how to fly it however - that could take hours, or even days - but it should be possible with enough study.

The inscriptions do suggest though that the source of this power is not actually located within this pyramid. Rather, the energy is broadcast from a distant point, which the hieroglyphs indicate is the tomb of Hakotep. The inscriptions also hint that the Five-Pointed Sun is but one of several flying pyramids, all centrally controlled from the Sky Pharaoh’s tomb.

Unfortunately, nothing in this room identifies where these tombs are located, or even whether they are active or not.

It's been about 35 minutes since you climbed into the air and 30 minutes since entering the structure for purposes of ongoing spells.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Seriously?" Florence sighs, looking a little cross-eyed after all the study of the hieroglyphs. "So it looks like this room acts as a focus for the Aeromantic Infandibulum, which then gives this pyramid we're in the power to fly. But we can't steal it because it's not actually in this pyramid but inside Hakotep's tomb."

"Huh...and it looks like there's a bunch of flying pyramids that are controlled from Hakotep's tomb. If we can ever find it and get inside, I bet we could work to shut them all down from the source," she adds.

With another sigh, Florence turns away from the hieroglyphs and moves towards the door to the south. "Bad news is that we can't fly this thing right now, not without spending a lot more time studying. And that's time we probably don't have, so let's keep poking around."


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

"Agreed, but be aware of pit fall traps, Stelle cautions as the air walk fades, and Anubis -- unprepared -- nose-plants into a wall.


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

OH! Thanks the Halfling Lady for solid solid... natural... stone... ... Anubis whines, finding purchase on the pyramid floor. Holding his head and breath steady, his eyes dart from side to side suspiciously.

But... the ground -- it still moves!"


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei rears back from the walls as they shock him. He shakes his rocky arm in pain.

The man-elemental negates sharing Florence's frustration "נו, אויב מיר טאָן ניט האָבן די צייט איצט, עס איז פיל בעסער צו אונדז צו פאָרזעצן צו די מזרח טיר איידער אַלע אונדזער מאַגיקס זענען אַראָפּ."

Terran:

"Well, if we do not have the time now, it is perhaps better for us to just continue to the east door before all our magics ware down."

As they had been previously inspected, he then opens eastern door and checks ahead.
Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25


1 person marked this as a favorite.

”Aromatic Infantabulum?” Zilchus asks. ”You mean...baby poop? What does this have to do with baby poop. I’m really confused now, Florence.”

Zilchus shakes his head. Then sniffs the air.

”I don’t smell any baby poop.”

Bored, when others are ready, will open the south doors.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

When Kosei used Nidhi's name in a sentence the bard decided to cast Comprehend Languages on herself.

GM Euan wrote:
The inscriptions also hint that the Five-Pointed Sun is but one of several flying pyramids, all centrally controlled from the Sky Pharaoh’s tomb.

"Wait, wait, wait! There are several flying pyramids?!" Nidhi asks incredulously to nobody in particular.

GM Euan wrote:
It's been about 35 minutes since you climbed into the air and 30 minutes since entering the structure for purposes of ongoing spells.

She nods at Kosei, "yeah, let's move on. This place is grand but it also seems mostly an illusion. I'm mostly interested in discovering what's hard and real." She frowns, "and not baby poop."

Nidhi makes a move back down the hallway, hoping the others will follow. It's a little confusing that the pyramid has multiple hallways but we can't see all of them on roll20. Like, it's a different map for each hallway?


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Yeah, the arch makes things decidedly weird. It’s as if the structure of the pyramid only holds one level at a time.

Zilchus moved to the East door and Kosei followed opening it. Then Zilchus moved to the South door preparing to open it as well. Nidhi moves back toward the arch. A simple thing at a table becomes complicated in PbP.

Where is the party going?


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

East door?


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"No, an Aeromantic...er, the power source. Let's just say that it's the power source for all these flying pyramids," Florence replies, deciding that it's not worth it to argue over the proper name for the device. "And anyway fine, let's take this door over here and then come back to the southern one," she continues, noting that there seems to be some confusion over where to go next.
______________

East door works for me too~


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

"Um, O.K.," Stelle says as agreeably as possible. "I was hoping for Annie to be able to air walk again before proceeding given how leaky this thing has been up to this point, but if you all want to press on now we'll press on."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 9

The party presses on, despite Stelle's concerns. Kosei opens the eastern door confident there are no traps there at least. This massive room is clearly the crypt of Isatemkhebet, the undead general in command of the Five-Pointed Sun.

A sarcophagus of white marble sits alone in the middle of this immense chamber. To the north and south sides of the room, fountains lit by softly glowing radiance bubble and churn, sending rippling reflections up along the alabaster-tiled walls. Two of her harpy minions stand watch facing the sarcophagus from the door you just opened. The ceiling of this chamber is 30’ high.

The coffin’s lid slowly rises in the air to a few feet above the sarcophagus as you open the door and a darkness seems to spill from it as what can only be Isatemkhebet (image) rises up!

”Where are my ‘Voices’? Why are you still armed? Drop your weapons and submit to the will of the great Pharaoh Hakotep, and only your lives shall be forfeit. Resist, and we shall cascade down your family tree - killing all those who share your blood.” she grins, clearly hoping you take the second choice.

- Round 1 -
Nidhi - 18
Stelle - 17
Zilchus - 16
Florence - 14
Kosei - 11
Isatemkhebet - 5
Voice in the Sky (blue) - 5 (surprised)
Voice in the Sky (red) - 5 (surprised)

Initiative Rolls:

Florence 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Kosei 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Stelle 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Zilchus 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Good Folk 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The party is up! Remember I'm flat footed (and get no AoO's) until my turn even though I did talk a bit.


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

"אוי! דאס איז דער מענטש פון די סטאַטוע! איר זענט גרויס אַלגעמיינע, כאָטש איר ויסקומען אַ ביסל קעלט צו זיין אמת ... סייַ ווי סייַ, איך בין ניט גרייט צו פאָרלייגן צו אנדערע וועט ווי די איינער פון די מדבר זיך!" as he finishes his sentence elemental-Kosei raises a hand that springs a fireball exploding in the middle of the room where he hope to take the three undeads ensemble.
Fireball damage: 10d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 4, 2, 5, 4, 6, 1, 6, 3) = 36
Ref 20
SR: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
SR: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
SR: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

Terran:

"Oh! This is the man of the statue! You are great General, although you seem a bit cold to be truth... Anyway, tell your pharaoh I am not willing to submit to other Will than the one of the desert itself!"

Stats:
Senses Darkvision 60'
HP 138/146 DR 5/-
AC 27 TAC 11 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +3 shield, +1 deflection, -2 size, +6 natural)
Special Earth glide, immune to bleed damage, critical hits, and sneak attacks and gain DR 5/—.
Spell effects: longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Sorry,I forgot to reveal the map.

You can hit either two harpies, or the general, but not both. Feel free to change up your action Kosei.


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Seeing the enemies too spread for now, Kosei instead breaks a piece of lava rock from his body and casts air geyser on the feet of the general. A powerful blast of air springs forth from the stone ground of the pyramid trying to throw Isatemkhebet into the air!
Ref 20, up to 60' up and down (I will leave the actual ceiling knock and falling damage to you)
Bludgeoning damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12

Kosei then glides through the walls, profiting his movement to reach a flanking position.


Round 1, Init 16

Zilchus takes the initiative to move around blue in case anyone wants to flank...and to give Stelle a charge lane.

He swings hard at blue.
1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 18 + 2 = 30 to hit; (+hero, +DF,+grunt)
2d4 + 21 + 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) + 21 + (1, 6) = 33 adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+3+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 106/106
AC: 34/30 (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler+5 barkskin = 39/35

DF 0/10
Weap: 0/13 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 0/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/13 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 0/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 1, Initiative 18:

Nidhi begins to sing and casts Good Hope. "Are you the owner of this floating pyramid?"

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: Standard Action, 100ft + 10ft/level, one living creature/level within 30ft. +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Florence wrote:
"But we can't steal it because it's not actually in this pyramid but inside Hakotep's tomb."

"Well, I guess a projection can't just 'be landed'. What kind of magic does this?!" Stelle asks, pulling out a handkerchief and wiping the taste of dirt off of her tongue. I've tasted fresher dirt...

~~~

Isatemkhebet wrote:
”Where are my ‘Voices’? Why are you still armed? Resist, and we shall cascade down your family tree - killing all those who share your blood.”

"Why, I expect your 'Voices' are still inside your tiny head," Stelle yawns. "You remind me of a certain maftet," she growls, pointing her lance at Isatemkhebet. Crazy talk.

Stelle has challenged Isatemkhebet.
Swift, Blades Above and below, Everyone.
Our Lady of Blessed acceleration ... and solid floors -- don't fail us now!

Spirited Charge+ Ride by, likely provoking.

Charge!: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 2 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 2 - 3 + 2 = 34 -PA, +Charge, +Courage, +Lance, +Flank
for Damage: 3d6 + 6 + 9 + 6 + 6 + 18 + 39 + 3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 3) + 6 + 9 + 6 + 6 + 18 + 39 + (5, 2, 3) = 104 +Courage, +Hope, +PA, +Challenge, Holy

Choosing not to pursue a combat maneuver at this time.

+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear (Everyone)
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge (Everyone)
+4 on attacks against Isatemkhebet.
Flank, everyone.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 1, Initiative 14

Deciding to take advantage of the element of surprise Florence hustles up to the corner and spots the harpy that Zilchus has already engaged. She chuckles darkly and fixes the creature with a baleful glare.

"Don't worry, we'll send you all to rejoin the other 'Voices' soon enough!"
______________

Flo hits Blue with the Evil Eye for a -4 penalty to attack rolls for 9 rounds; a DC 22 Will save reduces the duration to 1 round~


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi inspires courage and provides good hope to the group, adding an edge to their prowess. Stelle rides by the flat-footed Voices who raise no opposition, to slam into Isatemkhebet, surprising her by the ferocity of the blow though she does a little less damage than she’d like (DR 5). Zilchus moves smoothly up to engage a harpy, slamming it hard. Florence tries to take the wind out of blue’s sails a bit - and does! Kosei tries to fling Isatemkhebet into the air, and amazingly succeeds despite her resistances! (She also takes a little less damage from DR - but only once for the entire spell’s effects.)

Blue Will: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 vs DC 22
Isatemkhebet Reflex: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 4 = 18 vs DC 20
Ceiling and falling damage: 6d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 3, 1, 5) = 19 (1d6 per 10’ travelled - and she falls prone)

Isatemkhebet rises to her feet (move) and spits out a bit of jaw. She continues to speak in Ancient Osiriani ”Well done soldiers! You will make excellent additions to my minions!” She gestures and all of you feel a powerful aura of command that fills you with a sense of sense of awe and humility in the great general’s presence. Whatever else you feel about her, she is in command! (swift)

”Kosei, my good elemental, please bring me all the serpents fangs you have ever owned. Thank you.”

Kosei, please make a Will DC 23 or do as she suggests, collecting the fangs from the party and the arch and bringing them to her. On the treasure sheet I see Stelle has one and Zilchus has three. To make your task easier, should you fail the save of course, we’ll say that Zilchus has three and there’s one in the arch. (Suggestion like effect - so language dependent (ancient osiriani), mind effecting effect.)

She then fiddles with a bracelet on her wrist, clasping a charm upon it (standard). As she does so, a giant mummified gorgon (image) appears on the battlefield, facing Stelle! As it has just appeared, it does not have an action other than to snort angrily and eye Anubis.

Knowledge Arcana DC 28:
You face an advanced mummified gorgon (NE Large Undead). As usual, one question for each five you beat the DC.
- - -

The harpies fly to face Zilchus, trying to pin him down against the wall. Blue attacks thrice, while red flies into flank with blue and sings! (she has the movement to avoid an AoO from Zilchus but does draw one each from Florence and Kosei).

Everyone, including Anubis, please make a DC 16 Will save or be captivated by the harpy (sonic mind-affecting charm effect which can be countered next round by Nidhi. If you fail this round, you must move to her and listen to her fine soprano singing and performing no other actions).

Blue Khopesh: 1d20 + 22 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 22 - 4 = 23 damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Blue Khopesh: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 17 - 4 = 28 damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Blue Khopesh: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 12 - 4 = 11 damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

- Round 1 -
Isatemkhebet - 5 (-125hp)
Voice in the Sky (blue) - 5 (-33hp, -4 attacks 1/9r)
Voice in the Sky (red) - 5
KorAhnTuk (gorgon) - 5
- Round 2 -
Nidhi - 18 (will save)
Stelle - 17 (will save)
Zilchus - 16 (will save)
Florence - 14 (will save)
Kosei - 11 (two will saves)

The party is up!


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Will DC 23: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35
Kosei looks back at the General "מיט אַלע שייכות אַפּרישיייטיד גענעראַל, אָבער וואָס איך וואָלט טאָן אַז? מיר וואָלט זיין טראַפּט אין דעם פּיראַמיד, און עס טוט נישט ויסקומען אַז שפּאַס. איך מיינען, קוק בייַ איר, דיין הויט מיינט אַ ביסל גאָנט פון דיין בלייַבן דאָ ... פארוואס טאָן ניט רעדן וועגן מער לאַדזשיקאַל און טשיקאַווע זאכן ... ווי פארוואס האָבן איר קומען צו וואַטטי? האט האַקאָטעפּ זיך געשיקט איר? אָדער ביסט איר אפֿשר קומען פֿאַר די מאַגנאַטיזאַנסי פון זייַן לאַנדשאַפט?"

Terran:

"With all respects appreciated general, but why I would do that? We would be trapped in this pyramid, and it does not seem that fun. I mean, look at you, your skin seems a bit gaunt from your stay here... Why don't we talk about more logical and interesting things... like why have you comen to Watti? Has Hakotep himself sent you? Or are you perhaps coming for the magnificiency of its landscape?"

Although he talks at length, Kosei profits his opportunity to attack the Voice inspired by Nidhi's epics.
Slam+magic fang+IC+GH: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 2 + 2 = 34
Bludgeoning/Magical damage+IC+GH (last 1d6 is acid): 2d8 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 5) + 7 + 2 + 2 + (5) = 22

Will DC 16: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34
Unperturbed by the Voice chant, clearly lesser than Nidhi's apotheosis, Kosei let's himself go conjuring a column of fire that descends over Isatemkhebet and the gorgon.
Flame strike damage (half fire/half divine): 13d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 3, 1, 5, 2, 2, 3, 2, 1, 1, 4, 3) = 33
Ref 21

The earth-elemental moves forward to keep a flank for Zilchus.

Stats:

Senses Darkvision 60'
HP 138/146 DR 5/-
AC 27 TAC 11 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +3 shield, +1 deflection, -2 size, +6 natural)
Special Earth glide, immune to bleed damage, critical hits, and sneak attacks and gain DR 5/—.
Spell effects: longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 2, Initiative 14

AoO vs. Blue (Longspear; Good Hope, IC): 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 12

Will (DC 16; Good Hope, IC): 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 2 + 3 = 32

Florence isn't entirely sure of the nature of their newest challenger but does know that she doesn't like the look of it. Though she knows it's risky she moves past Kosei and begins casting a spell, unleashing a frigid blast of cold energy over Isatemkhebet and the new arrival.

SR vs. Isatemkhebet (Spell Pen.): 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 2 = 20
SR vs. Gorgon (Spell Pen.): 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 13 + 2 = 26

Cone of Cold: 13d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 1, 6, 4, 6, 3, 2, 2, 1, 3, 2, 2) = 43

DC 21 Reflex for half damage.

Spells:

Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1st - Ear-Piercing Scream, Enlarge Person, Fumbletongue, Mage Armor, Shadow Trap, Snowball + Pearl of Power
2nd - Aid, Fog Cloud, Glitterdust, Hold Person, Lipstitch, See Invisibility + Pearl of Power
3rd - Dispel Magic, Earth Tremor, Heroism x2, Lightning Bolt
4th - Black Tentacles, Blessing of Fervor, Death Ward, Dimension Door, Greater False Life
5th - Befuddled Combatant, Break Enchantment, Hold Monster x2
6th - Cone of Cold, Greater Dispel Magic, True Seeing
7th - Chain Lightning

______________

I think I positioned myself to where I won't catch Stelle & Anubis but will catch my two intended targets. If I'm wrong and/or it's not possible to avoid friendly fire then I'll retcon and do something else~


Round 2, Init 16

Zilchus hears the satisfying crunch of Stelle being Stelle and it pleases him. He ignores the songs from the harpies (MCPE) and rejoices in the gifts from Nidhi.

He swings hard at blue, with flank.
1d20 + 18 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 18 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 26 to hit; (+hero,+bard, +GH,+flank)
2d4 + 21 + 2d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 21 + (6, 4) + 2 + 2 = 40 adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 37 to hit; (+hero,+bard, +GH,+flank)
2d4 + 21 + 2d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 21 + (5, 3) + 2 + 2 = 38 adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

Pot crit:
1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 37 to hit; (+hero,+bard, +GH,+flank)
2d4 + 21 + 2d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 21 + (3, 1) + 2 + 2 = 32 adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+3+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 106-14-8-8/106
AC: 34/30 (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler+5 barkskin = 39/35

DF 0/10
Weap: 0/13 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 0/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/13 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 0/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 2, Initiative 18:

Will DC16: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Even though the undead harpies are shrieking their captivating song, Nidhi continues to inspire her party (Free Action.) Based on their previous fight, Nidhi has faith her allies will be able to shake off the harpys' song. The bard has an open line of sight at the mummified lady, so she takes the opportunity to try and land a shot.

To hit - Isatemkhebet (Manyshot): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34
Damage (Blunt Arrows): 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 4) + 4 = 14
To hit - Isatemkhebet (Rapidshot): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34
Damage (Blunt Arrow): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
To hit - Isatemkhebet (Iterative): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 20! :O
Damage (Blunt Arrow): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Should I be adding a +2 to Nidhi's Attack rolls from Stelle's charge? Since Heroism is only Damage rolls?

For a crit, should I use the same stat block as the Interative?
To hit - Isatemkhebet (Iterative): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 20! :O
Damage (Blunt Arrow): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

If any of the arrows hit their mark - as an immediate action - Nidhi uses her bow's ability to summon a swarm of angry wasps. The cloud of insects buzz animatedly around Isatemkhebet and Nidhi smiles in self-satisfaction, her eyes full of mirth (and hatred for the tyrant.) "Minions? We'd rather die than become slaves." (Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 275) *link*
The wasp swarm remains for (rounds): 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7 (Plus poison Fort DC13)

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: Standard Action, 100ft + 10ft/level, one living creature/level within 30ft. +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.

Stats on Damage:
Manyshot
To hit (Bard 13th level +9, Dex +3, Belt +3, Point-Blank Shot +1, -2 Rapid Shot, +3 Inspire Courage)
Damage (Str +1, Composite +1, Point-Blank Shot +2 (30ft)), +6 Inspire Courage, +4 Good Hope), Critical x3, Range 70ft, Piercing, 2 lbs (Juniper)
Rapidshot
To hit (Bard 13th level +9, Dex +3, Belt +3, Point-Blank Shot +1, -2 Rapid Shot, +3 Inspire Courage)
Damage (Str +1, Composite +1, Point-Blank Shot +1 (30ft)), +3 Inspire Courage, +2 Good Hope), Critical x3, Range 70ft, Piercing, 2 lbs (Juniper)
Iterative
To hit (Bard 13th level +4, Dex +3, Belt +3, Point-Blank Shot +1, -2 Rapid Shot, +3 Inspire Courage)
Damage (Str +1, Composite +1, Point-Blank Shot +1 (30ft)), +3 Inspire Courage, +2 Good Hope, Critical x3, Range 70ft, Piercing, 2 lbs (Juniper)

Nidhi Spell Tally:
34 Bardic Performances: 10/34

7 1st-level: Disguise Self, Comprehend Languages (self)
7 2nd-level: Heroism (self)
5 3rd-level: Cure Serious Wounds (self)
4 4th-level:
2 5th-level: Cure Light Wounds, Mass


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Round 2, Init 17

WillDC16Stelle: 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 3 = 24 Courage
WillDC16Anubis: 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 4 + 3 = 19 Devotion, Courage

Anubis and Stelle charge Isatemkhebet again.

Charge: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 2 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 2 - 3 + 2 = 32 -PA, +Charge, +Courage, +Lance, +Flank
for Damage: 3d6 + 6 + 9 + 6 + 6 + 18 + 39 + 3d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 4) + 6 + 9 + 6 + 6 + 18 + 39 + (1, 2, 1) = 95 +Courage, +Hope, +PA, +Challenge, Holy

Trip: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 24 Assuming there is still a target to trip...

+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear (Everyone)
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge (Everyone)
+4 on attacks against Isatemkhebet.
Flank, everyone.

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 77/77 (120 DR Adamantine)
Annie: Hits: 76/76 (4.5 x HD +Con)
Stelle AC: 31
Anubis AC: 30
Buffs:

Saves:
Fort: +11 (Base, +1 Con, +1 Cloak, +1 Luck)
Reflex: +14 (Base, +2 Dex, +1 Cloak, +1 Luck, +2 Belt of Dex)
Will: +7/+11 vs. Fear (Base, +1 Blood of Pharaohs, +1 Luck, +1 Cloak, +2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 3/5

AC: 31 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +3, Dodge, +Belt Dex +2) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: +12/+7/+2 (+3 Lance (Holy), +2 Str, -3 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)
MIGHTY CHARGE -- Combat Maneuver

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+12 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+3 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+2 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +2damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi:
Heroism is only to hit I think, not damage, but it would stack with Stelle’s ability I think (her ability might be melee only, I’m not sure). Good hope is damage if that’s what you meant, and yes that still works. :)

For a crit, yes - you use the same bonuses on the confirmation that you used in the initial attack. Some feats may change that.

Thanks for the link to the Swarm! I’ve put it on the map for you.

I think your damage is off on your attacks. Should be +strength (1) from the composite bow, +2 from the bow’s magic, +1 from point blank, +3 inspire courage and +2 good hope. So regular shots are +9, and many shot is of course double that.

Also, on a critical hit, you do triple damage total. So you should roll double damage when you roll the confirmation attack for even more damage. :)
- - -

Nidhi bombards Isatemkhebet with arrows - ending in a critical! She does not quite drop her (even with the extra damage factored in), but the general pays her more attention than she had prior. However, Stelle charges in and finishes her off before she can summon forth another undead breath… Zilchus struggles to hit initially, but ends by landing a perfect blow though he does not quite drop his foe. Florence may change her action with Isatemkhebet down, but for now her cone of cold reaches out to the gorgon freezing some of his wrappings and drawing the first damage on the beast! Kosei connects with his AoO, and also with his column of holy fire. Kosei, you may also change your action if you wish, but for now the poor gorgon goes from ice to fire as he burns.

Kor Ahn Tuk Reflex: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32 vs DC 21 for half of 43
Kor Ahn Tuk Reflex: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19 vs DC 21 for half of 33

The harpies 5’ flap back into flank with Zilchus, and try to exact revenge for the temporary destruction of their lord. Their screeches fill the chamber with a cacophony of sound.

Blue Khopesh: 1d20 + 22 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 22 - 2 = 22 damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Blue Khopesh: 1d20 + 17 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 17 - 2 = 19 damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Blue Khopesh: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 - 2 = 11 damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Red Khopesh: 1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 22 + 2 = 25 damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Red Khopesh: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 17 + 2 = 28 damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Red Khopesh: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 2 = 21 damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Now that is one set of impressive rolls. Clearly the harpies are distraught at the loss of their beloved general!

The gorgon sees his master fall and lets out a great roar, blasting the sound of the harpies from the air with its strength. It closes in with Stelle (provoking from her lance) and he breathes a great gout of green gas, completely filling the chamber in front of him all the way back to Nidhi…

Sorry folks, but everyone, including poor Anubis, please make a DC 21 fort save. Fail, and you’re turned to stone along with all your possessions (and familiar)!

Blue fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 vs DC 21
Red fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 vs DC 21

Both harpies turn to stone, and fall from the sky! The gorgon looks at them greedily, licking his chops as if he wishes to chew on the stone!

- Round 2 -
Isatemkhebet - 5 (dead again)
Voice in the Sky (blue) - 5 (-125hp, -4 attacks 2/9r)
Voice in the Sky (red) - 5
KorAhnTuk (gorgon) - 5 (-54hp)
- Round 3 -
Nidhi - 18 (fort save)
Stelle - 17 (fort save)
Anubis - 17 (fort save)
Zilchus - 16 (fort save)
Florence - 14 (fort save)
Kosei - 11 (fort save)

The party is up!


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

AoO: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 3 + 2 = 19 -PA, +Courage, +Lance, +Flank
for Lance: 1d6 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 6 + (1) = 19 +Hope, +Courage, +Lance, +Holy

AoO: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 3 + 2 = 16 -PA, +Courage, +Lance, +Flank
for Lance: 1d6 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 6 + (3) = 23 +Hope, +Courage, +Lance, +Holy

AoO: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 2 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 2 - 3 + 2 = 15 -PA, +Charge, +Courage, +Lance, +Flank
for Lance: 1d6 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 6 + (5) = 24 +Hope, +Courage, +Lance, +Holy

Stelle is not dismayed at the fall of Isatemkhebet, but is perhaps a bit miffed at the gorgon's mass and sudden onslaught.

FortSaveDC21Stelle: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 2 = 22
FortSaveDC21Annie: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 2 = 33


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Fort+good hope+elemental body IV extra Con DC 21: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 2 + 2 = 20
Kosei starts to move slower and slower, already a rock, he just freezes on place as he becomes petrified, oblivious to the irony he could glide through himself right now.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Round 3

1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 2 = 24 Fort

Though surprised by the sudden fall of the harpies, Zilchus doesn’t inhale too deeply from the gorgon farts, thankfully.

”Wow, I did not see that coming! Ha! What luck!”

He moves down to the blue harpy and sunders head from neck, ensuring the creatures 2nd demise.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 3, Initiative 14

Fort (DC 21; Good Hope): 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 = 26

"Wha-ack!"

As the gorgon's grody morning breath washes over her Florence can feel her body trying to stiffen up. But she's much stronger now than she was when she'd first arrived in Osirion, grown hardier through adversity, and shakes off the effect.

Noting that her ice magic seemed to have been effective, Florence tries to put a little space between herself and Zilchus and Nidhi before conjuring a snowball in her hand and throwing it!

Snowball (Ranged Touch; IC): 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 3 = 27
Damage (Cold): 5d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 2, 4, 2) = 14

Current Spells:

Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1st - Ear-Piercing Scream, Enlarge Person, Fumbletongue, Mage Armor, Shadow Trap, Snowball + Pearl of Power
2nd - Aid, Fog Cloud, Glitterdust, Hold Person, Lipstitch, See Invisibility + Pearl of Power
3rd - Dispel Magic, Earth Tremor, Heroism x2, Lightning Bolt
4th - Black Tentacles, Blessing of Fervor, Death Ward, Dimension Door, Greater False Life
5th - Befuddled Combatant, Break Enchantment, Hold Monster x2
6th - Cone of Cold, Greater Dispel Magic, True Seeing
7th - Chain Lightning


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 3, Initiative 18:

Fort DC21: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

All possessions? So the mask turns to stone too?! Oh my :O

Nidhi's song sounds... sandy, as if she's grown hoarse. Before Nidhi realizes what's happening, she's turned to stone! Her mouth remains open as if in mid-note, her bow drawn to the ready with several arrows nocked taut. Even each fine strand of her long, thick braid is as solid as granite.

Despite this recent transformation, the inspiration from her bardic tune seems to linger in the air for an additional two rounds.

FEAT Lingering Performance: Bardic Performance continues for 2 rounds after you stop performing

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: Standard Action, 100ft + 10ft/level, one living creature/level within 30ft. +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Stelle wrote:
AoO: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 3 + 2 = 19 -PA, +Courage, +Lance, +Flank
GMEuan wrote:
[the gorgon] breathes a great gout of green gas, completely filling the chamber in front of him all the way back to Nidhi…

"YEe-huh?" This isn't the usual sort of resistance I feel... Anubis? Anubis! What's wrong with you?!

I'll stab at it again, and again!

~~~~~~

Anubis! Withdraw! Stelle -- banner raised -- opens her mouth as if to speak, but nothing comes out.

Anubis, why won't you move?

... why can't I move my head? ... Trapped in stone?

Sorry, I just remembered I can't do a full attack on an AoO... so. The next two rolls should have been the Fort saves. So, I think Stelle and Anubis are stone, but possibly not unconscious.

It's O.K., Annie. We'll get them next time -- I know it!


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi turns to stone, as well as the mask! And yet, her spirit lives on, boosting her companions in battle. Stelle misses with her AoO (only one attack though), and she too turns to stone, along with poor Anubis! Zilchus takes a moment to try and decapitate his foe with a coupe de grace - which is sufficient to destroy the statue. Florence connects with a snowball at the gorgon, piling on a little more damage. Kosei already earthen, snorts the gas and solidifies further, becoming a rather becoming statue!

Without a commander, great beast attacks the nearest statue - which happens to be Stelle or Anubis! He seems angry that their statues are there, staring at him… mocking him. He tears into 1Anubis 2Stelle: 1d2 ⇒ 1 Poor Anubis!

Gore on Anubis: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (9) + 32 = 41 damage: 3d8 + 13 - 8 ⇒ (2, 2, 8) + 13 - 8 = 17 (hardness)
Hoof on Anubis: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (8) + 30 = 38 damage: 1d8 + 7 - 8 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 8 = 7 (hardness)
Hoof on Anubis: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (3) + 30 = 33 damage: 1d8 + 7 - 8 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 8 = 4 (hardness)

(For purposes of tracking damage, note that stone has a hardness of 8 which I’ve taken into account but I only miss on a 1.)

As Isatemkhebet’s dead form settles under her armor, everyone not stone feels a sudden shift beneath their feet and a rising lump in their throats. The pyramid… it’s moving!

- Round 3 -
Isatemkhebet - 5 (dead again)
Voice in the Sky (blue) - 5 (crumbled stone)
Voice in the Sky (red) - 5 (stone)
KorAhnTuk (gorgon) - 5 (-68hp)
- Round 4 -
Nidhi - 18 (stone)
Stelle - 17 (stone)
Anubis - 17 (stone, -28hp)
Zilchus - 16
Florence - 14
Kosei - 11 (stone)

The party is up - Zilchus and Florence.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 4, Initiative 14

Florence looks around as the pyramid suddenly lurches under her feet and a horrified expression dawns when she realizes that it's now just her and Zilchus against this angry undead monstrosity.

"Um Zilchus I think we need to kill this thiiiing!" she cries, voice pitching higher than usual in her distress. But then she remembers the scroll in her pack. "Wait, I think I can help Kosei! Keep it busy for a minute, okay?"

Working quickly, she whips out the scroll of Stone to Flesh from her handy haversack and begins reading, hoping to return Kosei to his original self - reasoning that perhaps the loquacious man's magics could either help them finish off the gorgon or revive Nidhi, Stelle, and Anubis. Or all of the above.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence's scroll works! And Kosei's stony flesh turns, well, less stony, but still somewhat stony - so it's a little hard to tell if the transformation worked at first... until he breathes!

But does he continue breathing?

Kosei, DC 15 fort save to survive the transformation back to flesh. Further, assuming you survive, you may act this round as you go after Florence in initiative.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Round 4, Init 16

Zilchus watches Nidhi’s expression harden to stone, a look usually reserved for when she was mad at Ben or Zilchus. When Kosei and Stelle stiffen, Zilchus abandons his stone choppery and moves to engage the undead horror.

”Hey now! Hey bull! Come at me, fartbreath!”

He moves to swing, with lunge, at the gorgon.
1d20 + 18 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 18 + 2 + 2 = 35 to hit; (+hero,+bard, +GH)
2d4 + 21 + 2d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 21 + (1, 5) + 2 + 2 = 34 adamantine slashing damage. (+holy)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+3+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 106-14-8-8/106
AC: 34/30 (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler+5 barkskin = 39/35

DF 0/10
Weap: 0/13 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 0/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/13 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 0/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use

6,551 to 6,600 of 8,092 << first < prev | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.