GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


6,801 to 6,850 of 8,318 << first < prev | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | next > last >>

Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Round 2, Init 20

Turning to face her opponent, Stelle finds herself slightly perturbed that the creature flew right past her and her challenge without so much as a 'by your leave'.

"What's the matter?! Is the air too thin up here for you?!"

She charges again.

Charge: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 5 + 5 - 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 2 + 5 + 5 - 3 + 2 + 2 = 44 -PA, +Charge, +Lance, +Hero, +Good Hope
for Damage: 3d6 + 18 + 6 + 15 + 3d6 + 39 + 6 ⇒ (1, 4, 3) + 18 + 6 + 15 + (1, 4, 1) + 39 + 6 = 98 +PA, +Challenge, +Holy, +Good Hope

+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear (Everyone)
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge (Everyone)
+4 on attacks against Roc.


Round 1, Init 11

"HEY! I'm upsidedown!" Zilchus grunts in surprise as gravity is flipped. He still has his bow in hand, but is confused by the spatial juxtaposition.

He takes a moment to get his bearings, giving magics to his bow. He locates the roc, and, as he is upsidedown, turns away from the roc, and bends over to fire his bow from between his legs at roc. Doing so, he gives the roc a good solid mooning as well.

1d20 + 14 + 4 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 4 + 3 + 4 = 42 to hit; (+DF,+bard,+stelle)
1d8 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 + 2 + 3 = 16 damage. (+DF,+GHope,+bard)

1d20 + 9 + 4 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 4 + 3 + 4 = 35 to hit; (+DF,+bard,+stelle)
1d8 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 + 2 + 3 = 14 damage. (+DF,+GHope,+bard)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+3+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 106/106
AC: 34/30 (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler

DF 1/10
Weap: 0/13 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 0/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 1/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/13 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 0/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 2:

The bard watches with in moderate horror as the bird creature swoops in on Florence. She realizes she could be next because the bird doesn't seem too perturbed by the tanks floating sideways.

Nidhi continues to sing as she pulls four Silver Blanch arrows from her quiver. She nocks then against the bow with precise speed. She judges to have a clear shot with the exception of the nest even if she's too far for a point-blank shot. Nidhi floats 5 feet upward to make sure her shot is as clear as possible then releases her grip from the bow's taut string. 5 foot free action?

To hit (Manyshot): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23
Damage (Arrows): 2d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 6) + 4 + (2) = 14
To hit (Rapidshot): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26
Damage (Arrow): 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (4) = 7
To hit (Iterative): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Damage (Arrow): 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (4) = 7

Good Hope: Standard Action, 100ft + 10ft/level, one living creature/level within 30ft. +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.

Heroism: Touch, Standard Action, 10 min/level, imbues a single creature with great bravery and morale in battle. Target gains +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, saves, and skill checks.

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

Stats on Damage:
Manyshot
To hit (Bard 13th level +9, Dex +3, Belt +3, Point-Blank Shot +1, -2 Rapid Shot, +3 Inspire Courage, +4 Heroism)
Damage (Str +1, Composite +1, Point-Blank Shot +2 (30ft)), +6 Inspire Courage, +4 Good Hope), Critical x3, Range 70ft, Piercing, 2 lbs (Juniper)
Rapidshot
To hit (Bard 13th level +9, Dex +3, Belt +3, Point-Blank Shot +1, -2 Rapid Shot, +3 Inspire Courage, +2 Heroism)
Damage (Str +1, Composite +1, Point-Blank Shot +1 (30ft)), +3 Inspire Courage, +2 Good Hope), Critical x3, Range 70ft, Piercing, 2 lbs (Juniper)
Iterative
To hit (Bard 13th level +4, Dex +3, Belt +3, Point-Blank Shot +1, -2 Rapid Shot, +3 Inspire Courage, +2 Heroism)
Damage (Str +1, Composite +1, Point-Blank Shot +1 (30ft)), +3 Inspire Courage, +2 Good Hope, Critical x3, Range 70ft, Piercing, 2 lbs (Juniper)

Nidhi Spell Tally:
34 Bardic Performances: 2/34
7 1st-level:
7 2nd-level: Heroism
5 3rd-level: Good Hope
4 4th-level:
2 5th-level:


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus plies his bow for a couple hits, thanks to the various bonuses floating around. Kosei registers damage on the great beast fatiguing it and doing a little damage though it seems to fly through without trouble. Florence steps back and activates her ring, which I think does not provoke. Stelle charges in, and though she does an enormous amount of damage, the holy portion doesn’t seem to go through (not evil). Nidhi has an unlucky round herself, and fails to land a shot though she continues to help others.

Kenjutret Fort: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33 vs DC 23 for half of 27 fire damage

The great bird takes an AoO on Stelle as she approaches.
AoO Bite on Stelle: 1d20 + 24 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 24 - 1 = 30 Damage: 6d8 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (2, 5, 7, 2, 8, 4) + 10 - 1 = 37

The Dusk-Taker then stares at Stelle a moment and she finds her weapon trying to flee her grasp!
Disarm Stelle: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34 vs CMD or lose your weapon (it falls to the ground below you)

There was no physical act to take Stelle's lance, he just willed it and Stelle felt the lance tearing from her grasp. He then flies to Kosei, angry that Florence is blinking in and out of existence and not wanting to remain in the column of fire.

- Round 2 -
Kenjutret - 18 (-135hp, fatigued)
Zilchus - 11
Kosei - 5
- Round 3 -
Florence - 25 (-6hp)
Stelle - 20 (-37hp?)
Nidhi - 19+
Khai-Utef - 19- (2/3r to arrival)

Next up - everyone!


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Ehehe, I'm first this time! :x

Round 3:

Nidhi continues to sing and pulls another four Silver Blanch arrows from her quicker, nocking them into her bow. She maintains her current position and fires at the giant bird once more.

To hit (Manyshot): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34
Damage (Arrows): 2d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 + (4) = 11
To hit (Rapidshot): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19
Damage (Arrow): 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + (4) = 12
To hit (Iterative): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Damage (Arrow): 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 2 + (4) = 11

Good Hope: Standard Action, 100ft + 10ft/level, one living creature/level within 30ft. +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.

Heroism: Touch, Standard Action, 10 min/level, imbues a single creature with great bravery and morale in battle. Target gains +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, saves, and skill checks.

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

Stats on Damage:
Manyshot
To hit (Bard 13th level +9, Dex +3, Belt +3, Point-Blank Shot +1, -2 Rapid Shot, +3 Inspire Courage, +4 Heroism)
Damage (Str +1, Composite +1, Point-Blank Shot +2 (30ft)), +6 Inspire Courage, +4 Good Hope), Critical x3, Range 70ft, Piercing, 2 lbs (Juniper)
Rapidshot
To hit (Bard 13th level +9, Dex +3, Belt +3, Point-Blank Shot +1, -2 Rapid Shot, +3 Inspire Courage, +2 Heroism)
Damage (Str +1, Composite +1, Point-Blank Shot +1 (30ft)), +3 Inspire Courage, +2 Good Hope), Critical x3, Range 70ft, Piercing, 2 lbs (Juniper)
Iterative
To hit (Bard 13th level +4, Dex +3, Belt +3, Point-Blank Shot +1, -2 Rapid Shot, +3 Inspire Courage, +2 Heroism)
Damage (Str +1, Composite +1, Point-Blank Shot +1 (30ft)), +3 Inspire Courage, +2 Good Hope, Critical x3, Range 70ft, Piercing, 2 lbs (Juniper)

Nidhi Spell Tally:
34 Bardic Performances: 3/34
7 1st-level:
7 2nd-level: Heroism
5 3rd-level: Good Hope
4 4th-level:
2 5th-level:


”Kosei, weren’t you going to try to break this thing of its madness?” Zilchus asks, waiting for that to be tried.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Round 3, Init 20

CMDvs34: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (11) + 30 = 41

Stelle manages to just dodge the bite, then feels a slight tug at her lance and firmly tucks it back into her side.

Zilchus wrote:
"Kosei, weren’t you going to try to break this thing of its madness?”

"Yes, are we past that already?"

She charges again.

Roc be damned. Where is that Khai-Utef already?

SpiritedCharge: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 5 + 5 - 3 + 2 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 2 + 5 + 5 - 3 + 2 + 2 + 3 = 46 -PA, +Charge, +Lance, +Hero, +Good Hope, +Inspire
for Damage: 3d6 + 18 + 6 + 15 + 3d6 + 39 + 6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 1, 6) + 18 + 6 + 15 + (1, 4, 1) + 39 + 6 + 9 = 111 +PA, +Challenge, +Holy, +Good Hope, +Inspire

+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear (Everyone)
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge (Everyone)
+4 on attacks against Roc.


Round 2, Init 11

Stelle wrote:
”Yes, are we past that already?”

Zilchus looks confused. He looks at Kosei. "That’s it? You were just using words!? No magics to break the beast!?" Zilchus was seemingly expecting more. He shrugs and fires his bow twice again between his feet at the roc.

1d20 + 14 + 4 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 4 + 3 + 4 = 32 to hit; (+DF,+bard,+stelle)
1d8 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 4 + 2 + 3 = 19 damage. (+DF,+GHope,+bard)

1d20 + 9 + 4 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 4 + 3 + 4 = 36 to hit; (+DF,+bard,+stelle)
1d8 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 + 2 + 3 = 15 damage. (+DF,+GHope,+bard)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+3+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 106/106
AC: 34/30 (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler

DF 1/10
Weap: 0/13 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 0/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 1/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/13 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 0/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


HP 153/153 AC 29 24 TAC 14 FF 28 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 15/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 7/7+3/4 L2: 5/7+0/1 L3: 5/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 4/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 1/2 Ext: 1/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 15h, m.fang 15h, life bubble 5h, barkskin 50m, WW15h

"I do not have the magics to break the transmutation my friends!" Kosei shouts out among the winds produced by the wings of the roc.

Despite the extreme size of his enemy the Garundi does not reel back. He makes some magic movements and casts fire shield.
Concentration DC 25: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40
The man's body erupts in warm flames!

Stats:

HP 133/133 AC 29 TAC 14 FF 28
Effects:
Wind walk
Greater magic fang
Longstrider
Communal air walk
Freedom of movement
Barkskin (+5)
Fire shield r16


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 3, Initiative 25

"No, that was me! And now that he's not a million feet away or right up in my face I'll try it," Florence calls out as she ducks around the column of fire and underneath Stelle to get a little closer to the roc.

Then she tries casting again...

Blink 20% (Low is Bad): 1d100 ⇒ 60

...and tries to dispel the magics elevating the roc to its current, enlightened state!

Break Enchantment (CL Check): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
______________

Flo casts her spell...maybe it's super effective? Also sorry for the delay, sinus infections suck~


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus takes a couple shots, and manages to land both in part due to the birds attention on Stelle (cavalier ability). Kosei erupts in flames, though he does not seem to burn. Florence casts her spell at the beast, trying for something… unusual. Will it work? Stelle (per chat) does in fact drop her lance as CMD isn’t rolled, and spends the round picking it up. Nidhi pins the bird again with a shot piling on the damage.

Khai-Utef finally arrives on the scene, and true to his word, climbs above the bird to hem it in (double move).

Kenjutret’s mighty wings beat the sand about the platform into swirling dervishes as he hovers. But the keen look in his eye… is gone! He shrieks loudly, causing your ears to ring with pain as he shakes his head to and fro. It’s as if the memory of the intelligence hasn’t faded, but the bird is now too stupid to know what to do with it. He shrieks, and shrieks, and shrieks again, in pain and anguish at what was lost.

Kenjutret sees Florence beneath him, and 5’ flaps to attack her more directly - oblivious to the grievous injuries it has sustained.

Bite on Florence: 1d20 + 24 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 24 - 1 = 29 Damage: 2d8 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (7, 4) + 10 - 1 = 20 Blink (low is bad for me): 1d100 ⇒ 55
Talon on Florence: 1d20 + 24 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 24 - 1 = 36 Damage: 2d6 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (1, 4) + 10 - 1 = 14 Blink (low is bad for me): 1d100 ⇒ 52
Talon on Florence: 1d20 + 24 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 24 - 1 = 43 Damage: 2d6 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (2, 4) + 10 - 1 = 15 Blink (low is bad for me): 1d100 ⇒ 26 (stops threatened crit)

- Round 3 -
Kenjutret - 18 (-180hp, fatigued)
Zilchus - 11
Kosei - 5
- Round 4 -
Florence - 25 (-40hp)
Stelle - 20
Nidhi - 19+
Khai-Utef - 19-

Next up - everyone!

How I set the Break Enchantment DC:
The AP doesn’t say - because like me they never thought of this particular spell against this particular creature. He was awakened by Shory magic gone awry. So I first thought to make the caster level 20 - for being all epically powerful and suchlike. But I set it at 15 for two reasons. One, to make it something you didn’t have to crit to hit, and two, because they were learning about Shory magics, not experts in it. They didn’t know what they were doing, and this wasn’t the outcome they were trying to achieve. So they shouldn’t have done it perfectly.
- - -


HP 153/153 AC 29 24 TAC 14 FF 28 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 15/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 7/7+3/4 L2: 5/7+0/1 L3: 5/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 4/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 1/2 Ext: 1/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 15h, m.fang 15h, life bubble 5h, barkskin 50m, WW15h

Seeing the roc reverted back to an animal once more Kosei sees his opportunity and starts to wave his hands trying to appease it "Ok my friend! That's all, you are beaten, we have won, there is no reason to keep fighting. Fly! Fly away and never return! Fly away and live!"
Wild empathy+good hope: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 = 22


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei attempts to reason with the great beast - as only some are who are so close to nature they become a part of it.

But whether it's the mental anguish the creature just felt, or just Lady Luck turning her head the other way, the Dusk-Taker continues to try and rend Florence to shreds.


Round 3, Init 11

"Flo!? Did you do that? Oh, *you’re* doing that? That was great. Now what?" Zilchus wonders aloud. ”Should we try to knock it unconscious?”

1d20 + 14 + 4 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 14 + 4 + 3 + 4 = 33 to hit; (+DF,+bard,+stelle)
1d8 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 + 2 + 3 = 16 damage. (+DF,+GHope,+bard)

1d20 + 9 + 4 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 4 + 3 + 4 = 27 to hit; (+DF,+bard,+stelle)
1d8 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 + 2 + 3 = 18 damage. (+DF,+GHope,+bard)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+3+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 106/106
AC: 34/30 (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler

DF 1/10
Weap: 0/13 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 0/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 1/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/13 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 0/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 4, Initiative 25

For a moment, Florence almost feels sorry for the roc as it seems to realize what it's just lost and shrieks with rage and sorrow. But that sympathy fades quickly as talons leave bloody wounds across her abdomen.

"And do what with it? It's still going to be a danger when it wakes up!"

Knowing that trying to flee or fall back would likely only make things harder for Stelle and Zilchus, Florence holds her ground and adopts a defensive position as she begins casting...

Cast Defensively (DC 25): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 37

Blink Out? (20%; Low is Bad): 1d100 ⇒ 59

...and tries once more to bring the roc to a standstill.

Spells & Powers:

Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1st - Ear-Piercing Scream, Enlarge Person, Fumbletongue, Mage Armor, Shadow Trap, Snowball + Pearl of Power
2nd - Aid, Fog Cloud, Glitterdust, Hold Person, Lipstitch, See Invisibility + Pearl of Power
3rd - Dispel Magic, Earth Tremor, Heroism x2, Lightning Bolt + Pearl of Power
4th - Black Tentacles, Blessing of Fervor, Death Ward, Dimension Door, Greater False Life
5th - Befuddled Combatant, Break Enchantment, Hold Monster x2
6th - Cone of Cold, Greater Dispel Magic, True Seeing
7th - Fairy Ring Retreat

______________

Flo will try Hold Monster one more time; DC 21 Will save~


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

SR Check for Florence: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Will check: 1d20 + 6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 8 = 20 (it has special protection against mind affecting affects)

The great roc is held, and begins to plummet out of the sky (though in the strange ways of initiative order and the rules, it does not fall until it's own initiative).

Stelle and Nidhi still to go against a slowly falling roc!


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Round 4, Init 20

She glances up a the would be meteor, not at all feeling sorry for it. Grimacing with determination, she charges the Roc again.

Charge: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 5 + 5 - 3 + 2 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 2 + 5 + 5 - 3 + 2 + 2 + 3 = 36 -PA, +Charge, +Lance, +Hero, +Good Hope, +Inspire
for Damage: 3d6 + 18 + 6 + 15 + 3d6 + 39 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 4, 6) + 18 + 6 + 15 + (4, 1, 5) + 39 + 6 + 6 = 111 +PA, +Challenge, +Holy, +Good Hope, +Inspire

+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear (Everyone)
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge (Everyone
+4 on attacks against Roc.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus manages another hit, again thanks to Stelle’s demanding challenge. Kosei tries to make peace with the new animal intelligence standing before him, but cannot. Florence manages to hold the roc in mid-air, setting up Stelle who slams into it, taking an AoO as she closes…

AoO Bite on Stelle: 1d20 + 24 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 24 - 1 = 37 Damage: 6d8 + 10 ⇒ (6, 7, 1, 1, 4, 6) + 10 = 35

…but her lance pierces Kenjutret’s throat, and she and poor Annubis find themselves awash with blood as the might roc falls to the ground, utterly spent.

Khai-Utef cheers as you take down the Dusk-Taker, ”I knew you could do it! I just knew it!” He alights on the ground - careful to avoid the reverse gravity and sirocco. His beak tears at the still bleeding throat of the mighty Dusk Taker, as he coup de graces the already dead form for good measure.

Kenjutret’s mighty wings beat no more and the sand devils he stirred up all collapse into small neat piles of sand making a jagged circle around his corpse.

Kenjutret - 18 (-297hp, dead)
Zilchus - 11
Kosei - 5
Florence - 25 (-40hp)
Stelle - 20 (-35hp)
Nidhi - 19+
Khai-Utef - 19-

We are out of combat.


Zilchus jumps our of his reversed gravity stance, bumping his head as he clatters to right himself. He looks at Kosei, then the roc.

”Can someone save it? Is it too late?” Zilchus doesn’t want Kosei and Flo’s efforts to be lost...when the neck is severed by the sphinx. ”NO WAIT!” Zilchus cries too late.

He puts his head down, sorry for the party and the roc.

”Why did you do that? We were trying to return it to nature,” Zilchus finally asks the jerkosphinx.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Oops! I was held, NO AoO on Stelle, so no damage done to her.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi, floating comfortably from her carpet perch, can't help but let out a surprise-stunned laugh when Stelle and Annie get sprayed with blood. "Are... are you okay?"

Nidhi feels conflicted. She likes the sphinx, but it was a shame to see another magical creature die. She feels particularly bad after Kosei's touching words, willing the bird to leave and never return. She tilts her head at Zilchus' comment. Wait, does he actually care about birds? I thought he preferred crocodiles. Thinking about something more trivial eases the tension Nidhi hadn't realized she'd built up between waiting and the final showdown. She's used to the violence by now, but seeing her friends covered in blood felt personal. A little too close to death for Nidhi's comfort.

She looks over at Stelle and Annie again. Nidhi doesn't really have anything or know any spells that could help with the blood. Florence or Kosei probably know a spell.

The bard is quick to praise, wanting to cement feelings of camaraderie before anyone's mind is changed: "Oh great and marvelous, Khai-Utef, you are indeed a magnificent sight to behold! Now that we have helped you, I hope we can rely on one another." Nidhi gives a small bow and turns to the others. Things didn't go as expected but she doesn't want to fight Khai-Utef. Especially if it means getting covered in blood.

Diplomacy (flatter): 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle looks upon the dead head severed Roc and its arch nemesis standing triumphantly over the corpse.

Zilchu wrote:
”Why did you do that? We were trying to return it to nature,”

Huh? Well, it was beautiful, this Roc... "Oh! What have we done?!" She cries out suddenly, placing her hand over her mouth. Too horrified by the scene and her participation in it, Stelle forgets all about the fact that she and Anubis are dripping blood.

Nidhi wrote:
"Are... are you okay?"

Realizing suddenly that she is being addressed, a stunned Stelle looks for clarification. "What's that?"

Just at that moment, Anubis chooses to violently shake the heavy warm sticky dripping wet slop from his fur, splattering anyone within range.

"Oh," Stelle says, looking at her armor and the dog's fur, which for her explains Nidhi's concern for them. "This. Disgusting. Other than that, we're just ... fine... How are you?"


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

Anubis pants uncomfortably 10' in the air with Stelle perched upon him. It's already hot, and no cool water to wash up with nearby. I swear in my next life I'll be reincarnated as a collie. I hear they have something called 'scotch guard' built into their fur.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi isn't sure what to say back to Stelle. The halfling was hit harder than battle than Nidhi. "Florence?" Nidhi directs her flying carpet to glide towards one of her longest known companions, while keeping a keen eye on Khai-Utef.


HP 153/153 AC 29 24 TAC 14 FF 28 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 15/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 7/7+3/4 L2: 5/7+0/1 L3: 5/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 4/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 1/2 Ext: 1/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 15h, m.fang 15h, life bubble 5h, barkskin 50m, WW15h

Kosei contemplates the fall of Dusk-Taker. The Garundi walks down the air and towards the creature as the flames around him fade out. He softly places a hand on the beast remains and closes his eyes to say him goodbye.

Before moving on Kosei picks up a couple of the roc's feathers "So that's it Khai-Utef. It is now time for you to pay your debt"

He looks to the others in the party "So what should we ask? About the pharaoh perhaps?"

While they do decide, Kosei will touch both Stelle and Florence to cure their wounds.
Heal: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (16) + 25 = 41 +33 hp
Heal: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (2) + 25 = 27 +20 hp
Heal: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (7) + 25 = 32 +33 hp


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle looks down again at her blood coated armor and dog.

"Oh, no thanks -- this blood -- none of it is ours." Her voice deflates with sadness and regret as she explains. "It is all -- it was all this Roc's."

Stelle wasn't actually hit at all.
Thinking of questions, still.


Zilchus glares again that the sphinx, clearly annoyed and saddened for Kosei.

He shuts his piehole lest some unkind words escape. He crosses his arms after he puts his bow away. He then goes to investigate the nest (w/detect magic) and roc body for things of interest.

"You guys sort this out. I'll go check over here for things," Zilchus grouses.

Take 20 Perception: 43.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Kosei wrote:
"So what should we ask? About the pharaoh perhaps?"

Trying to find answers.

"'Maybe' ..," Who enchanted this Roc? ". something about how this Roc came to be -- unnatural?"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Zilchus wrote:
”Why did you do that? We were trying to return it to nature,” Zilchus finally asks the jerkosphinx.

Khai-Utef looks up from his reverie, eyes bright and fierce, ”You could no more return it to nature than I can solve the puzzle of the Amber Chronograph today. He is a monster,” says the monster, ”And I treated him as he would have treated you given the opportunity.”

Nidhi wrote:
The bard is quick to praise, wanting to cement feelings of camaraderie before anyone's mind is changed: ”Oh great and marvelous, Khai-Utef, you are indeed a magnificent sight to behold! Now that we have helped you, I hope we can rely on one another.” Nidhi gives a small bow and turns to the others. Things didn't go as expected but she doesn't want to fight Khai-Utef. Especially if it means getting covered in blood.

He beams as he jump/flaps his way down off the roc and onto the sand beside the party, ”Come. I am a sphinx of my word. I promised you one answer about an important person, place, or thing. Three if they are all easy. So,” he begins to preen his feathers and it’s hard to tell if he’s spreading out the blood or cleaning it off, ”What would you like to know?”

Zilchus finds a large number of bones in the nest, some fresher than others, but all gnawed by the rocs enormous beak. Nothing of particular value is found however. Most of the feeding around here lately is in the form of animals. Perhaps there might be something buried deeply in the nest, but it would be more of an archaeological dig to discover it. Your detect magic sweep reveals nothing however, and it would have penetrated deeply through the packed bones.

The pharaoh question could take 1d10 days, unless you give him the mask and tell him what it is - in which case he can do it in a a half hour or so. Doing so would be considered an easy question, and you'd be able to ask about the roc as well (also about a half hour), leaving you one easy question left.

A question is considered easy if the person or thing is at hand. So you could ask one more question about something you have or something about the 'Trenches as you're in them. As Khai-Utef is going to remain here doing his research, you might not even need to ask it now...


Zilchus returns empty handed, a look of disappointment on his face.

”Didn’t find anything good. You guys have any good questions?” Zilchus asks, having come up with little on his own. ”Maybe we should ask about that weird sandfall? Where did that come from? Where does the sand go?”


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

"Yes -- that sounds like a good one," Stelle agrees.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Bleh, have been sickly of late.

"Thanks Kosei," Flo offers as he tends to her wounds. "I'm sorry we couldn't have had a better outcome for this. Maybe we can bury him here in his nest, at least?"

It's a sincere offer; even though she had figured things would end with bloodshed she certainly wasn't thrilled about having been right.

"As for the mess...all I can recommend is water, if Kosei or maybe Zilchus can conjure some," she continues after a moment of silence. "That little cleaning spell that Ben and a lot of other wizards like to use, it's never come to me. I'm not sure why."

Florence falls silent again, trying to think if there are any other good questions that might be worth asking. But she's unable to come up with anything else, at least for the moment.

"Yeah, knowing more about the sandfall couldn't hurt," she nods.


HP 153/153 AC 29 24 TAC 14 FF 28 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 15/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 7/7+3/4 L2: 5/7+0/1 L3: 5/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 4/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 1/2 Ext: 1/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 15h, m.fang 15h, life bubble 5h, barkskin 50m, WW15h

"Of course Florence my friend" Kosei offers to conjure water as suggested.

"As for the questions. We might let it touch the mask to ask about the pharaoh. That sounds good. And if that is easy, we can comeback later if we find out we need some information about this place and how to find some missing area my friends" the Garundi looks satisfied to the others in the group.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle looks to make sure Khai-Utef isn't eavesdropping. Once satisfied that he is not, she shrugs.

"You mean, let Khai-Utef touch the mask to make it easier for him to answer that question in detail? I don't know... something doesn't feel right about that. The worst thing I can imagine is that whatever power is in it would impress him, and he'd then try to abscond with the mask."

"If he did that, we'd track him down and take it back of course... but I don't understand the power of the mask. What if something much worse happened?"

Stelle turns to Nidhi. "Nidhi, you've been wearing it. What do you think about someone like Khai-Utef touching the mask?"


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
Stelle turns to Nidhi. "Nidhi, you've been wearing it. What do you think about someone like Khai-Utef touching the mask?"

Nidhi isn't hiding her mask so the gold is clearly visible in the shining sunlight. "If it will help... I've heard being touched by a sphinx is good luck." Nidhi is open to letting Khai-Utef tough the mask, but doesn't plan on removing it from her head unless explicitly asked.

Florence wrote:
"Yeah, knowing more about the sandfall couldn't hurt," she nods.

"Is the sandfall how we could enter this crypt? I'm really not sure what to ask." Nidhi tucks a strand of hair behind her ear, "I wish Khai-Utef would just travel with us."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

OK, so we have some general areas, now we need actual questions, although Kosei makes a reasonable point about saving questions - if you want to extend your time with Khai-Utef.

- Something about the pharaoh. (You won’t need to remove the mask, but Khai-Utef will know what it is when he’s done.)
- Something about how the roc came to be unnatural. (This is enough of a question to proceed.)
- Something about the weird sandfall - where did it come from? (This is also enough of a question to proceed.)

So I just need an actual question about the Sky Pharaoh, and confirmation that the other two are OK to proceed. Oh, and yes, you can bury Kenjutret in his nest, but it’ll take much of the rest of the day to do so under normal circumstances. He’s massive, so you’re really moving bones from the nest over the body to bury him rather than the other way ‘round.


Zilchus currently engulfed by PaizoCon and might not have the best brainpower to help decide things. Apologies.

Zilchus grunts, trying to think of the best way to go. It seems he’ll follow anyone else’s lead, happy if someone smart would make a decision.

He also looks like he’s thinking of getting drunk, which is a good plan while others decide things.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Okay, okay, okay, wait," Florence sighs, holding up one hand while she pinches the bridge of her nose with her other. "First off, what exactly do we need or want to know about the Pharaoh? I think that should be the first thing we decide. I'm actually a little confused about that anyway, unless you mean we should ask something about this place since he had it built."
______________

Basically what Flo said; what exactly do we need to know about the Pharaoh that we currently don't already know?


HP 153/153 AC 29 24 TAC 14 FF 28 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 15/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 7/7+3/4 L2: 5/7+0/1 L3: 5/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 4/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 1/2 Ext: 1/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 15h, m.fang 15h, life bubble 5h, barkskin 50m, WW15h

"Well, I think we can try to ask about how to defeat him, what weaknesses has the pharaoh. And this question about the sandfall seems also a good one my friends. Perhaps asking how it worked might lead us to understand how to shut it off!" Kosei offers. The druid looks the gargantuan remains with sadness "We might perhaps burn it. We still have the oil we brought and I can use my powers to put it into fire"


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi tilts her head at Kosei, hand on her hip. "I doubt Khai-Utef knows the Forgotten Pharaoh's weaknesses. He doesn't seem like the type." Nidhi sounds quite assured of this. She likes Khai-Utef.

"We should ask about the construction of this place," she points to the sand waterfall. "I want to know how we could get inside."


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"So...ask about the construction of the sandfall and ask about what sort of weaknesses Hakotep has once we finally undo all this mess here and face him in combat?" Flo repeats, wanting to make sure she understands her companions.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle uses the Sleeves to make her blood coated armor and sheild look shiny once more, though her skin where it shows under the armor is still coated in a sticky red mess.

I wonder if the sand waterfall would help with this. Nah, who wants sand in their armor?

Kosei wrote:
The druid looks the gargantuan remains with sadness "We might perhaps burn it. We still have the oil we brought and I can use my powers to put it into fire"

"I was thinking," Stelle says brightly,"we could someday avenge it if we knew who enchanted it in the first place."

"We could think of a different question than the enchantment, but I would definitely like knowing more about the sandfall, specifically. I'm O.K. remaining clueless about Hakotep's weaknesses, especially if that means letting Khai-Utef touch the mask. We can assume safely at least, that the Forgotten Pharaoh is undead, but I'm not actually against asking about him -- and I am out of other ideas."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei suggests asking about the Pharaoh’s weaknesses and Florence agrees, though Nidhi and Stelle aren’t so sure. Can I get a Zilchus vote to break the tie? …or someone else can flip.

The sandfall and roc questions both seem to have survived the conversation, so I’ll prepare to answer those. We can always come back to this later too so the party can hash it out. Khai-Utef will be here a while.
- Something about how the roc came to be unnatural.
- Something about the weird sandfall - where did it come from?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Well, at least we all seem to be in agreement about the sandfall so why don't we ask about that first?" Flo suggests after they hash things out a bit further. "It's not like there's any rush to come up with three questions right away."
______________

Those sound good to me, GM.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party returns to Khai-Utef, patiently waiting, still in the warm glow of happiness at having beaten his rival - even if he did little in the battle itself. When you suggest two questions now and one later, he reluctantly agrees. He’s just so pleased, he can’t help himself.

He concentrates carefully as you ask each question, and he intones the answers formally, almost archaically. Clearly he is imparting knowledge not his own, at least in part. Questioning him further will get you little as he only knows the following though he is very intelligent and might be able to conjecture.

Something about how the roc came to be unnatural.
Originally one of the Sky Pharaoh’s favored pets and mounts, the roc, Kenjutret, was present during one of Hakotep’s earliest experiments into unraveling the secrets of Shory magic, and when that experiment went wrong, Kenjutret took the full force of an unleashed blast of aeromantic power. The blast did not slay the roc, though - instead, it infused the beast with intelligence and raw magical energy, transforming it into a fully self-aware magical beast with the power to manipulate Shory magic.

Hakotep was pleased with this result, and while he was never quite able to duplicate it in other animals, he was delighted to learn that Kenjutret’s newfound power had not altered the creature’s loyalty to him. For the rest of the Sky Pharaoh’s reign, Kenjutret served as one of his most notorious enforcers, terrorizing those who would deign to oppose his rule. The arcane roc earned the epithet “Dusk-Taker” after Hakotep began using the creature to weed out slaves suspected of treachery or fomenting dissent. Kenjutret would swoop over the Slave Trenches every evening, and any slaves it had been directed to punish would fall up into the twilight sky to be carried off, never to be seen again.

Something about the weird sandfall - where did it come from?
The sandfall protects and glorifies the Sekrephrenet, the Monument Vault, and each grain of sand is guarded by Beken-Tofra - a name you’ve not heard before. Not all of the elemental spirits conjured into the Slave Trenches were bound into obelisks. A few dozen were pressed into service to create this cascade of grit, a waterfall composed of hundreds of tons of sand.

The elemental spirits clear away the sand as it hits the bottom of the desert valley, rerouting it through tunnels carved into the rock below and back up to openings just at the edge of the trench side above, creating the illusion of a sand cascade that starts from nothing and goes nowhere. The curtain of falling sand serves to obscure the entrance to the Sekrephrenet, which is located 10 feet above ground level in the stone wall behind the cascade.

It's dark now, and the chill of the desert night begins to replace the heat of the day. Warmth continues to flare off the obelisks, particularly those containing fire elementals. Where do you go to make camp - back to the ship? Somewhere else? With Wind Walk, moving around is no trouble.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Wanted answers, got answers," Florence muses after Khai-Utef reveals what he's learned about the roc and the sandfall. "And now we know where the Sekrephrenet is, which is good because we'll have to go there before it's all said and done."

Flo squints up at the dark sky and shivers as the night chill begins to set in. "I can conjure the Fairy Ring again, we just need to decide where to do it. We should probably stay somewhere near the northern side of this place though, just to save a little time in the morning."


HP 153/153 AC 29 24 TAC 14 FF 28 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 15/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 7/7+3/4 L2: 5/7+0/1 L3: 5/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 4/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 1/2 Ext: 1/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 15h, m.fang 15h, life bubble 5h, barkskin 50m, WW15h

Kosei nods slowly as the story of the roc is unveiled "I see now, this animal was then a beast to people in the sands. That is terrible, terrible my friends..."

The Garundi seems happy about the information about the sandfall "That is good indeed Florence, we will have to head there. But before we have to deal with the Tekramenet..."

Then observing the falling night "I do propose we better take rest at our ship. It should be more secure and we will not spend that much time traveling back and forth after all"


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Okay, so we'll head back to the ship and I can summon the Fairy Ring there," Flo replies. "Let's go ahead and get going before it gets any colder out here!"
______________

Once we get back to the ship and make sure everything's okay there Flo will summon the Fairy Ring Retreat again so we can rest~


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party heads over to the ship, still intact in a low spot in the sands and thus hard to spy from any reasonable distance (not that there's anyone out here).

You spend an uneventful night, safely ensconced in Florences Fairy Ring.

The sun rises hot and steady. It is Moonday, Arodus 18, 4714.

Where do you go first?


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Kosei wrote:
"I see now, this animal was then a beast to people in the sands. That is terrible, terrible my friends..."

"It's O.K., Kosei. It was still the right thing to try and reason with it."

Does Fairy Ring come with a spring?
"Ah, the Fairy Ring -- the best magic !" Stelle tries to clean up herself and Anubis as best she can before turning in for the night.

~~~Later that morning
Stelle reads aloud from her notes.
”Before any of the Sekrepheres can be activated, you must rouse the Khepsutanem from its slumber, for after so long a time, the magic that empowers it has certainly gone dormant. The source of the Sekrepheres’ power is found within a complex on the northern side of the earthworks called the Tekramenet. Once you’ve awakened the Khepsutanem, you must seek out the Chamber of the Sekrepheres within a second complex on the eastern reaches of the trenches, the Sekrephrenet."

"What do you suppose rousing ' the Khepsutanem from its slumber' entails? Could maybe that be our last question for Khai-Utef?"

6,801 to 6,850 of 8,318 << first < prev | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.