GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


6,451 to 6,500 of 8,118 << first < prev | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | next > last >>

HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Overcome with a sudden sense of awe and respect, Florence can't help but bend the knee before the magnificent state in front of her. After a moment she slowly raises her head again and nods before rising to her feet and retreating from the chamber, as though being dismissed.

"You know, I can't help but be impressed by General Isatemkhebet's story," she muses aloud, as though completely unaware of her strange behavior. "Becoming such an important part of the Sky Pharaoh's army...acting as a personal enforcer and assassin...it's really kind of amazing. It's too bad we're on opposite sides; I bet she would be a wonder to speak to. Imagine all the things she's probably seen and done!"

Florence idly wanders back down the hall and peers around the corner at Nidhi, still studying the disarmed trap and the false door that lies beyond. Then she returns to join the others, gazing towards the strange, looping hallway.

"Hmm...whatever's at work here is stronger than mere illusion, otherwise we'd have likely seen through it already," Florence muses. "I wonder..."

Reasoning that there's not much to be lost from trying, Florence casts a spell to allow her to see things as they truly are and then attempts to carefully investigate the looping hallway.
______________

Flo will cast True Seeing and wander down the looping hallway to see what happens, if anything~


”What the hell are you talking about, Florence? General Sucksbutts sucks butts,” Zilchus argues, still getting angry with the pyramid. ”And don’t you tell me any differently.”

Zilchus moves to another spot and takes 20 to examine things. Also, he will cast Detect Magic and look at the weapons of the fallen foes.

Take 20 Perception = 45.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Zilchus wrote:
Zilchus stares at Stelle. ”Quit messing around.”

Stelle shrugs. "I had to see for myself. Besides," she adds sadly. "I don't understand what Kosei Rock is saying."

"Come on! Let's go see that the dead harpies might be carrying."

While Zilchus casts detect magic, Stelle with the help of Anubis check out the dead harpies to see what else they may be carrying.

~~~

Florence wrote:
[ General Isatemkhebet's story... ] "Becoming such an important part of the Sky Pharaoh's army...acting as a personal enforcer and assassin...it's really kind of amazing. It's too bad we're on opposite sides; I bet she would be a wonder to speak to. Imagine all the things she's probably seen and done!"

She eyes Florence curiously as she comes out of the Statue Room.

What an odd thing to say... She turns to look at the entrance to the Statue Room. Supplication?!

Florence wrote:
Reasoning that there's not much to be lost from trying, Florence casts a spell to allow her to see things as they truly are and then attempts to carefully investigate the looping hallway.

"Oh, don't worry too much about that -- it doesn't go anywhere," she gently reminds.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence changes her focus to take a very much closer look at the passage and doorway. She determines there's something up with the arch, but what isn't exactly clear. With the true sight, the tunnel is utterly black, and she cannot see it.

Some might say that's representative of an extraplanar effect. Some that the spell had failed utterly to identify the magics involved. As this may be the first time you've cast it, or nearly so, you're uncertain as to what the meaning is, though it doesn't feel like spell failure.

Zilchus examines the weapons of the fallen foe, and finds them to be magical, as is the armor, but when Stelle and Anubis dig through her pockets for loose change, she finds something which may be altogether useful.

Leather Lamellar armor +1
Heavy wooden shield +2
Composite Longbow (+5 str) +1
Khopesh +1

Stelle also finds a stone fang, about the size of a curved dagger, tucked deep in her wrappings. It looks a little like a large serpents tooth, and the point is quite sharp and she very nearly cuts herself, though it’s made of otherwise smooth stone.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/15

"Hey, look at this!" Stelle exclaims, holding up the stone tooth. "I wonder if this fits into the serpent carving?"

She looks to where the other two harpies fell.

"If so, I wonder if the other two harpies have the other two of the three missing teeth..."


Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
"I wonder if this fits into the serpent carving?"

Zilchus looks more carefully at the tooth, then smiles at Stelle.

”That is a good idea,” Zilchus agrees and goes to look for the other teeth.

1d20 + 23 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 23 + 2 = 27 Perception


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Three harpies fell total, one earlier in the fight. Zilchus heads down into the Necropolis where you saw the bodies fall, and gathers up the gear he can find there. He returns to the party laden with a few magics, and three more teeth (each harpy had one).

Leather Lamellar armor +1 (x3)
Heavy wooden shield +2 (x3)
Composite Longbow (+5 str) +1 (x3)
Khopesh +1 (x3)
Stone Fang (x3)

He’s gone about ten minutes (during which time the rest of you can do whatever you like). When he returns, you have four stone fangs, but there are only three holes in the arch. What do you do?

All four stones in your possession seem more or less identical. I mean sure, there’s some scoring on one, a nick out of another, and the fourth is filthy - covered in some sort of gore - but they’re all basically the same.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Seeing two of her companions kneel before the statue and taking Florence's words to heart, Nidhi approaches the statue. With one hand on her hip, her emerald green eyes roam over the impressive statue. I want a statue like this of me. She thinks about how she might recount the statue in a future bardic tale. "A statue strong enough to bring you to your knees?" Nidhi finds the notion amusing (unless it happens to her.)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi:
As you make your way into the chamber, the statue projects a powerful aura of command that fills you with a sense of awe and humility in the statue’s presence. It’s as if you are a mere rank-and-file soldier appearing before a legendary leader. It’s hard not to bow, or kneel, before this impressive visage. You can but imagine how wonderful it will be to meet her in person!

It is a very nice statue.
- - -


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Although she doesn't feel especially enlightened after casting her spell Florence decides to allow it to run its course just the same as they turn their attention to the serpent teeth.

"Huh...they all look the same," she frowns. "And there's not really anything on the arch to say what needs to go where. Maybe we should just trying popping them in and seeing what happens?"


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 3/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei looks at Stelle "אוי! איר זענט אַזוי קלוג סטעללע. מיר זענען ברוך מיט דיין בייַזייַן און דיין הויך גראַד פון ופמערקזאַמקייַט! זאל ס נאָר פּרובירן צו פֿיס זיי אין די מויל
"

Terran:
"Oh! You are so smart Stelle. We are blessed with your presence and your high degree of attention! Let's just try out to feet them in the mouth"

Short before Zilchus comes back with the other teeth Kosei slowly falls to the pyramids floor, his air walk expired.

As Florence speaks, Kosei performs a gesture that could seem a nod, she picks up one of the teeth and attempts to feet it in the serpent's mouth while he makes gestures to encourage the others to bring the other pieces and try them randomly.

Checking with detect magic if any of them are magical.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei - has everyone's air walk expired?

As Kosei puts the first non-magical stone fang into the serpents jaw, the stone seems to grow over the tooth like a slowly moving gumline until there’s a soft pucker, and the stone sticks in the socket. The tunnel beyond the arch seems to shift and coil making a loud grinding and hissing sound. It tumbles like Kosei moves… living stone. Eventually the passage sort of settles, like the dust in some of the older libraries you’ve visited, and all grows quiet once again.

The other ‘slots’ have closed over, and you are unable to put a tooth in them. Apparently, only one stone fang is required.

Do you enter the arch and pass beyond into the darkness?


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Kosei wrote:
Kosei looks at Stelle"Clackity-clickity-click*POK*whaaaouaummm!"

What? Is it -- is he talking to me? He's looking at me... he MUST be talking to me! Stelle nods and smiles, having no idea what Kosei Rock is saying.

Stelle watches the other tooth slots close over after the first tooth is placed in place. "Huh... I wonder if all of the tooth slots go to the same place? I mean -- assuming this now actually goes somewhere. Shall we? Does anyone see any traps ahead?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15
Kosei wrote:
Short before Zilchus comes back with the other teeth Kosei slowly falls to the pyramids floor, his air walk expired.

As Anubis's air walk expires, he espies the floor gently coasting toward him. He bristles slightly and barks once.

What do you think you're doing?!

Dex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

His claws scramble to find purchase as he lowers his center of gravity to maintain his balance and accidentally charges nose first into the wall.

Blushing and panting slightly, he cracks a wide grin and wags his tail.

You can not sneak up on me, Floor. I have mastered you."


Zilchus casts his own Air Walk, not trusting the ground in the pyramid of traps. He is pleased when the tooth works and they are able to get past the very confusing and angrifying parts.

He looks carefully down the new hallway, moving up if the area looks safe.

1d20 + 23 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 23 + 2 = 30 Perception

If light is needed, Zilchus will cast Light.

He will examine booth door carefully.

1d20 + 23 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 23 + 2 = 32 Perception


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Statue:
Will: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

The only idols Nidhi proudly kneels before represent Pharasma, Although, she has no qualm about bowing before an (alive) individual deserving of honor especially if she is trying to "butter them up." Nidhi exerts as much willpower has she can muster to avoid kneeling before the statue, but her head does a slight incline downward.

Gm Euan wrote:
The other ‘slots’ have closed over, and you are unable to put a tooth in them. Apparently, only one stone fang is required.

The bard tilts her head, one hand placed on her hip. "There's a lot of magic in here. Are all flying pyramids like this?" She follows behind the party tank, Swarmbow out.

Nidhi has her weapon out, so she isn't currently contributing any light.

Perception (Traps) Aid: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

You enter the arch and the tunnel turns sharply before straightening out again as you pass through the arch again. Or perhaps a similar arch, as you’re now facing a hallway. This arch still has the tooth lodged in it, so it’s probably the same arch somehow.

The hall extends some ways into the structure before ending in a narrowing and a pair of doors. The hall continues beyond the narrow point, and is lit by a dim light of some sort, though it’s hard to see from here.

New map up.

As you walk down the hallway to the doors, you see that the narrowing isn’t a narrowing as much as it’s an opening. This hallway exits the stone walls of the tomb, becoming a ten-foot-wide catwalk suspended high above the ground in the open air. The sky above twinkles with a panoply of stars, while wispy clouds move swiftly over a darkened world below. Approximately a hundred feet away, an opening in space seems to lead through a hole in the sky back into the pyramid.

Which is weird as it’s something like mid-day - certainly not night. Coming closer, you can see ancient Osiriani hieroglyphs above the archway flanking the corridor.

Ancient Osiriani:
It reads, ”Those who serve him have nothing to fear, for even the sky bends to his will.”
- - -

Other than being heavy, solid doors, there is nothing unusual about them. Neither appears to be locked or trapped.


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 3/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Only Kosei had 10 min air walk, the others have 30 min

"אוי! פּערפּאַהס אנדערע סאַקאַץ פירן צו אנדערע ערטער! מיר האָבן צו פּרובירן שפּעטער מיין פרייַנד" as he talks Kosei nods to Stelle.

The elemental contemplates the stars fascinated. It takes him some time to recompose and follow the others into the other side of the pyramid. He nods to Nidhi as well "איך טאָן נישט וויסן מיין פרייַנד, אָבער דאָס איז אַוואַדע אַ גוט טריינינג פֿאַר ווען מיר לעסאָף מצליח אין געפונען און יקספּלאָרינג די פעראָו ס פאַקטיש קבר, אויב די מדבר אַלאַוז אונדז צו טאָן אַזאַ אַעעד און זיכער אונדזער שבטים. יא, דעם אָרט וועט זיין גוט טריינינג כיינעוודיק נידהי פרייַנד, האַרץ פון דער מדבר!"

Terran:

"Oh! Perpahs other sockets lead to other places! We have to try later my friend."
"I don't know my friend, but this is certainly a good training for when we finally succeed at finding and exploring the Pharaoh's real tomb, if the desert allows us to do such a deed and safe our tribes. Yes, this place will be good training charming Nidhi's friend, Heart of the desert!
"

Squeezing through the corridor, Kosei looks at Zilchus, looks at the doors and nods. If someone wants to know his opinion on what door to go first, the elemental points south.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

From her position at the rear of the group, Florence regards the night scene that lies ahead of them with curiosity. She maneuvers past Kosei and comes to a stop right behind Zilchus and Nidhi.

"Even though I think we should try these doors out here first, when we're ready to try and cross that space I can step out first if need be," Florence volunteers. "I can keep myself aloft for a short time if there's some trick to it and the bridge gives way."

That said, she notices Kosei indicating the southern door and nods in agreement. "All that said, let's take care of business over here first."

Assuming that everyone is ready, she steps just to the side of the southern door and attempts to open it.


”Those who serve him have nothing to fear, for even the sky bends to his will,” Zilchus reads. ”But they all are swept away by the Raging River.” He offers a scoff of his own. These religious types suck.

Zilchus opens the south door when others are ready.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

"Oh, look! How pretty!" Stelle exclaims, looking at the night scene and holding up her banner. "It matches my banner!"

Zilchus wrote:
"Those who serve him have nothing to fear, for even the sky bends to his will, but they all are swept away by the Raging River."

Stelle suppresses a sigh. "You added that last part, Zilch -- the river part. Is that all you think of on the River? Is it's only endearment to you that of its 'raginess'? Do you ever relish in the power of its calmness, or its ability to sustain life?" Does it do anything else for you? Nevermind... Stelle stops and shakes her head to clear. "But by 'his' will or no -- the night sky here seems real enough. It is as if we're no longer in the desert land of Wati somehow."

Stelle waits for the south door to be opened.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party lines up next to the next door, and cracks it open. Zilchus’s light plays brightly in the chamber - wow.

A mosaic of colored glass fragments stretches across this room’s far wall. What appear to be flickering beams of sunlight filter through the glass, sending tiny beams of colored light through the room. The mosaic depicts a menagerie of different animals (ibis, jackal, hawk, and even crocodile), each regally posed as though standing guard.

It’s really quite beautiful, even from the door.


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 3/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

K. nobility (id what the animals might mean): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
Kosei observes the animals and tries to understand what they might symbolize or whether if there is something concealed at the room.

Considering the room is basically empty, the elemental proceeds to open door number two at the north.
Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22


Zilchus looks at Stelle, trying to figure out what she is asking as it should be obvious the River that Rages is the best of everything. Duh.

Airwalking up 5’ (as long as we’re in this death trap), Zilchus enters the pretty room after looking around first.

1d20 + 23 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 23 + 2 = 39 Perception


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
GM Euan wrote:
This hallway exits the stone walls of the tomb, becoming a ten-foot-wide catwalk suspended high above the ground in the open air. The sky above twinkles with a panoply of stars, while wispy clouds move swiftly over a darkened world below. Approximately a hundred feet away, an opening in space seems to lead through a hole in the sky back into the pyramid.
Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
”Those who serve him have nothing to fear, for even the sky bends to his will,” Zilchus reads. ”But they all are swept away by the Raging River.” He offers a scoff of his own. These religious types suck.
Florence Corvina wrote:
"when we're ready to try and cross that space I can step out first if need be," Florence volunteers. "I can keep myself aloft for a short time if there's some trick to it and the bridge gives way."

Nidhi nods at Florence's words. That was a fine idea to her. Although, she couldn't help from feeling curious.

Nidhi tentatively outstretches the toe of her traveling boot to test for a solid floor. (See map.) She wishes more than ever that she had a flying carpet or one of her companions' flying talents. Maybe she should have offered the statue something more than a slight head nod. Nidhi is highly impressionable when it comes to superstitions. There aren't many guards for such an impressive structure, she twirls the end of her braid between her index and pointer finger.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei doesn’t make any particular animalistic connections, other than to say they’re animals that were common at the time - and even to some degree to this day.

Zilchus hesitantly enters a few feet into the chamber, like it was going to close in and bite him! Nothing untoward happens, other than the beauty of the mosaic becoming clearer. The details are incredible. There’s a sort of ‘forest for the trees’ thing at this distance that makes it hard to really appreciate the artistic flair, but it is quite marvelous.

Nidhi steps off the air she’s walking on to test the floor briefly (I assume everyone but Kosei is on air for safety. I think that’s how the spell sort of works anyway, but I digress…) and finds it to be quite solid. The stars are breathtaking, winking in their infinity. Almost all the known constellations are there, though perhaps a bit askew - as if they had all drifted a bit.

Kosei opens the northern doors to reveal a circular chamber enclosing a small square vault made of black stone. An open archway leads inside this vault, which contains a sealed sarcophagus.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

In spite of the ever-present sense of danger Florence can't help but gasp with delight at the sight of the mosaic in the southern room.

"Oh! It's beautiful!"

As Zilchus steps inside she follows suit, standing just inside the doorway as she looks around. "It doesn't lead anywhere obvious, though...is this room really just for decoration?"

After a pause, she shrugs. "Well, why not? Even people that commit the worst deeds have things they care about; people they love or things they enjoy. A strong moral compass isn't a requirement to appreciate something beautiful."

"Still...there's enough strangeness in this place that I have my doubts that this room is just for show," Florence adds as she begins to scan the room for magical auras.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The mosaic glows with extremely powerful (strong) magics (conjuration(healing) & necromancy) under your watchful gaze as you study the wall for a few rounds. You cannot, as yet, discern what the magics do however (though a Spellcraft roll might help).


Zilchus looks at the mosaics, trying to appreciate the beauty of them.

”Where’s Ben? This is why we need Ben! Flo? Nidhi? Can you make any sense of this?” Zilchus still holds a grudge apparently.

When others are ready, (and it may be a while), he will open the north door.


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 3/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei glides trough the opening until he reaches the entrance to the circle "דורך אַלע אלטע שטערן פון אָסיריאָן! קוק אַלע דאָ מיין פריינט! מיר געפונען אַ סאַרקאַפאַגאַס! מיסטאָמע ווי אַלט ווי דער גענעראַל. צי איר טראַכטן דער אַלגעמיין זיך איז דאָרט?"

Terran:
"By all ancient stars of Osirion! Look all here my friends! We found a sarcophagus! Probably as old as the general. Do you think the general himself is there?

Before anyone can proceed to open it he first casts divine guidance on himself and then attempts to inspect the sarcofagus with detect magic.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
k. religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
k. planes: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei finds no magic on the sarcophagus, but there is some magic on the floor of the whole room, and around the upper rim of the inside of the circle.

The floor's magics are extraplanar in nature, but you can't quite see the other magics from where you are. (need to be inside the circle)


Zilchus waits to see if Nidhi or Florence have anything insights, but doesn't have many of his own. He does move into the north room to look around now that he has deemed the south room as safe.

1d20 + 23 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 23 + 2 = 38 Perception

"This place makes me angry. Worst floating battle pyramid that I've been in."


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (12) + 21 = 33

Florence ignores Zilchus' usual grumblings as she focuses her attention on the southern room and the auras it contains...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Oh! Good! So Nidhi is still floating! Whew! XD Also, I can't move my mini D:

Florence Corvina wrote:
"Oh! It's beautiful!"
Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:

”Where’s Ben? This is why we need Ben! Flo? Nidhi? Can you make any sense of this?”

"This place makes me angry. Worst floating battle pyramid that I've been in."

Nidhi seems to be having some sensory overload. She'd fantasized about having her own luxury barge, but this magical, palatial pyramid was more than she could ever have anticipated. Sure the structure's magic hasn't been updated, but it seems to be in relatively good condition.

She raises an eyebrow at Zilchus' latter comment. "I'm not surprised you can't appreciate opulence." The left corner of Nidhi's mouth quirks upward in amusement. Nidhi looks over her shoulder to glance at Kosei, the one she interprets at being the most clever in the group. She touches the wall with the tips of her fingers as she air-walks to stand next to Florence. The pysical connection made it seem more real. Are the constellations related to the animals?

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Knowledge (Nobility): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

As Zilchus steps within the circle they see written above them, in a beautiful mosaic of ancient Osiriani hieroglyphs, the phrase, ”Here begins my sojourn to Anubis, as I rest in eternity.”

With that the floor of the chamber turns suddenly ethereal, and all those not walking on air in the room… anyone? Anyone? No? OK then. No one falls 60’ into a pit of hot tar. You also see what looks like a black pudding slithering along the walls of the shaft toward you. However, the floor solidifies just a few seconds later blocking the nasty pudding (and would have trapped anyone who fell).

Knowledge Dungeoneering DC 17:
A Black Pudding (N Huge ooze) is a ravenous intelligent mass that eats almost anything it comes into contact with. One question for each five you beat the DC.

Black puddings are the scavengers of the underworld, constantly on the lookout for a meal. They can sense organic or metallic objects within 60 feet and mindlessly attack such items or beings until they are dissolved or the ooze is killed. Some of the more intelligent creatures in the underworld use black puddings as natural garbage disposals, creating stone pits to house the pudding and throwing organic refuse or foes in as needed.
- - -

Testing it, the floor feels very solid now, but you do not know how quickly the trap will reset.

Meanwhile, Florence learns that the southern mosaic, if properly interacted with (I.e. you get close enough - w/in 10’), heals (2d8+10) the supplicant and removes any tiredness (fatigue or exhaustion), and something else she can’t quite put her finger on…

Nidhi moves into the room (Not sure why you couldn’t move your icon. I reset it. Try again.) and feels a warm magical glow from the extremely detailed wall. As she looks upon the mosaic, it forms into a sort of mirror and she sees a reflection of herself in it, but distorted somehow. It’s as if her head had been replaced with that of a hawk, though it’s muddled and incomplete - almost as if that mask itself were somehow interfering with the mosaics magics - blocking some transformation or other. You are however healed: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (5, 8) + 10 = 23 and feel quite uplifted, as if you’ve just taken a refreshing nap.

Nidhi learns further that the mosaic is, as a whole wall, a powerful magic item, though she doesn’t know more than what I revealed to Florence above and what she herself experienced.

Florence meanwhile figures out the last piece of the puzzle.

Florence:
The mosaic acts as a Mirror of Opposition!! Any moment now, another Nidhi is going to step out of that mosaic and attack you all!
- - -

The party is not yet in initiative, but please limit your actions to two rounds for the moment…


Zilchus freezes when the floor falls away, holding his breath and being thankful for his wisdom and the River’s gift of air walk. He waits, letting the others explore and explain.

Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
"I'm not surprised you can't appreciate opulence."

Zilchus scoffs. ”You see any beer here? Ale? Or thems dancing women? Not much to see here,” he grumps back. ”Is there anything good in this place at all? Death and more death. I guess that’s why you like it, huh?”


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle air rides Anubis into the mosaic room once she recovers from slack-jaw.

She has Anubis pose in the same regal pose as the Jackal. Perform

"Why -- despite there not being enough indigo -- this place is beautiful! We should have come here for spa-day, I bet it removes curse, too."

She follows Kosei and Zilchus into the northern room, and stares down into the tar pit as the floor gives way.

"A burned flan?!" she exclaims, spotting the black pudding. She looks at Kosei Rock. "No horned leopards? I'm beginning to think this Pyramid isn't the Pyramid you thought it was..."

Zilchus wrote:
"Is there anything good in this place at all? Death and more death. I guess that's why you like it, huh?"

"Are you saying you don't expect to find the dead in a Tomb? I'm sure the rest of that stuff is waiting for you on the other side -- in the Afterlife. I for one am in no hurry to get there."

Stelle wanders back to the hall to check on Florence and Nidhi.


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 3/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei looks at the falling floor almost terrified and then almost apologetic to Stelle as the halfling steps in. He does though remain at the room's entrance unsure about the ground.

The man-elemental sets himself in a sort of a readied stance, expecting for something vile or terrible or both to happen whenever Zilchus decides to approach or open the sarcophagus.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Standing next to her companion, Nidhi observes Florence perk up unexpectedly. (Would Nidhi be able to figure Florence's healing/refreshment came from the mirror?) "How much do you think this mirror weighs?" The bard suddenly wants one of the ornate things for her grandmother's shop (along with the various statues they've encountered - though, they were all too heavy for transport.)

Nidhi tilts her head and smiles at her own reflection. Her mask was still hidden by the disguise spell so Nidhi's staring at her own spell-projected face. She tosses her long, thick braid over her shoulder.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi - Florence hasn't gone that far into the room. You're the only one to get close to the mirror so far, though Stelle may be joining you pending Florence's action.

The mirror is really a composite of mosaic pieces set into the wall. You'd have to remove part of the structure of the pyramid to remove any of the larger works. Quite a tricky undertaking, and as you surmised, very, very heavy.

Strangely the mirror reflects a muddled mask - not Nidhi's illusory visage. Almost as if the mirror could see the mask, but couldn't make out it's features. It's very strange...


With no overt foes about and nothing for him, Zilchus looks to move on.

”For someone who was so keen to find us and demanded we be brought to them, they sure do like to hide a lot. What a coward this General Sucksbutts is,” Zilchus spits on the mosaics, annoyed at all the weird stuff in the flying pyramid of doom and traps.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
GM Euan wrote:
Strangely the mirror reflects a muddled mask - not Nidhi's illusory visage. Almost as if the mirror could see the mask, but couldn't make out it's features. It's very strange...

Nidhi's attitude shifts from curious to cautious. ...what? With her dungeoneering experience, Nidhi figures something may be about to happen. She lifts her longbow towards the image, drawing the string tight. Does the image in the mirror mirror Nidhi's movement accurately?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

”Nidhi, get away from the mirror!” cries Florence as she finally realizes what the mirror does.

Just then Nidhi draws her bow and points it at the mosaic. Her counterpart, bow drawn, seems to step out of the mirror…

…only to collapse at Nidhi’s feet writhing in agony! The mirror of Nidhi is complete in every way, down to the last bit of honey in her pack, but where her head should be is a contorted, mangled golden mass. It’s as if the creator knew what a mask looked like, but didn’t understand the basic concept of mask.

This one has muddled features, and is fused to the mirror-Nidhi’s head. You hear her single muffled scream echo through the room - but she cannot draw a fresh breath to replace the one she spent. The gold of the mask, beautiful in its own way, entombs the copy who writhes a while on the ground before eventually suffocating and lying still.

Shortly thereafter the form melts away to the aether, along with all gear and equipment, as if none of it had never existed.

Does anyone else approach within 10’ of the gorgeous mirrored mosaic wall?


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi takes a step backwards, then another, then another. (See map.) "So - ahem -" She finds her mouth has gone a bit dry, "what did you all find in the other room?" Nidhi did not like seeing a form resembling her writhe and die on the floor before her eyes. Not one bit. She tries to shake her unease with her companions as a distraction.


GM Euan wrote:
This one has muddled features, and is fused to the mirror-Nidhi’s head. You hear her single muffled scream echo through the room - but she cannot draw a fresh breath to replace the one she spent. The gold of the mask, beautiful in its own way, entombs the copy who writhes a while on the ground before eventually suffocating and lying still.

WHAT. THE. PIDDLESPOT.

Zilchus wants to throw his sword at the mirror, but it’s attached by a cord to his wrist and so makes a very awkward scene where Zilchus as to dance out of the way lest he lose a toe.

”Someone smash that mirror! It reproduces hideous things!” Zilchus begins the process of uncording his sword so that he might draw his bow. He will not go near the mirror.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
”Someone smash that mirror! It reproduces hideous things!” Zilchus begins the process of uncording his sword so that he might draw his bow. He will not go near the mirror.

Nidhi is too bothered by what she just witnessed to offer comment on the mirror and what it produces.


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 3/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

"וואסער דעם באַלאַגאַן? וואַסופּ מיט דער שפּיגל? קענען איך ברעכן עס מיין פרייַנד? איך טאָן ניט טראַכטן אַזוי, עס איז געזאגט ברייקינג אַ שפּיגל גיט זיבן יאָרן פון שלעכט גליק. איך וואָלט נישט טאָן עס מיין פרייַנד" Kosei attempts to stop Zilchus, very worried about breaking the mirror as it seems.

Terran:

"Wassall this mess? Wassup with the mirror? Can I break it my friend? I do not think so, it is said breaking a mirror gives seven years of bad luck. I would not do it my friend"

Bluff (to make himself understand): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

The elemental points to the sarcophagus instead.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Florence wrote:
"”Nidhi, get away from the mirror!”

Just then Nidhi draws her bow and points it at the mosaic. Her counterpart, bow drawn, seems to step out of the mirror…

GmEuan wrote:
( ... mirror ...) You hear her single muffled scream echo through the room - but she cannot draw a fresh breath to replace the one she spent. The gold of the mask, beautiful in its own way, entombs the copy who writhes a while on the ground before eventually suffocating and lying still. Shortly thereafter the form melts away to the aether, along with all gear and equipment, as if none of it had never existed.

... horrifying! ...

Nidhi wrote:
"So - ahem -"
Zilchus wrote:

"Someone smash that mirror! It reproduces hideous things!”

Nidhi wrote:

[ ... ]

Stelle rolls her eyes.

People, pull yourselves together!

Kosei wrote:
Kosei attempts to stop Zilchus, very worried about breaking the mirror as it seems. The elemental points to the sarcophagus instead.

Stelle shakes her head. "That's not what we came here to do! Besides, it'll probably still be here when we come back, right? What about this 'bridge'?" she asks, pointing to the eastern corridor 'Night Scene' (map) . "What do you think? Should we check what might be over there out first?"

Kosei wrote:
Short before Zilchus comes back with the other teeth Kosei slowly falls to the pyramids floor, his air walk expired.

She turns to Kosei. "Sorry ... " ... " Can you glide to the other side, or do you need the ability you gave Anubis and the rest of us to walk on air?" If not, we should wait here until you can cross this 'bridge' somehow."


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Apologies; have mostly been working and sleeping the last several days/nights...

Florence stands very still and quiet, staring down at the spot where the strange Nidhi-clone had collapsed. Her face pale, she finally manages, "The...the mosaic. It's a Mirror of Opposition. If you gaze into it, your reflection...it'll come out of the mosaic. Attack. But I guess it couldn't figure out how to reflect the mask, so..."

She shivers. Evil clone or not, that was a horrible way for anyone or anything to die.

"Smashing the mosaic would destroy any existing clones for good, but the thing should also have a command word to turn it on and off. Too bad we don't know what it is. But I don't think it'd be, um, hard to break..."

Although Florence hurriedly files out of the southern room, she doesn't stop Zilchus or anyone else if they decide to go ahead and fire on the mosaic-mirror to smash it.

"Now what was that about burnt flans in the floor??"


Zilchus, if given a moment or two, will fire arrows into the mirror from a far, trying to break the evil thing.

1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage

"Break! Bring your weak ass divine unluck to me! The Raging River will sweep it away like straw in the deluge."

6,451 to 6,500 of 8,118 << first < prev | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.