GM Dak - RotRL AE (Group 1) (Inactive)

Game Master Dakcenturi

ROLL20 LINK


1,951 to 2,000 of 2,029 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Ethan:
The only magic you detect in the room is from the two burning braziers


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

"The braziers are enspelled, but I do not know the purpose of the magic. Something pertaining to summoning, if I had to make a guess."

Ethan looks at the charred remains. "If these are the priest's ashes, we should return them to his tomb."


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Kesten casts somezthing, and as his eyes turn the colour of lightning at its prime, he studies the braziers.

"Summoning you say?"


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Kesten:
They have simple continual flames cast upon them


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

While those with arcane abilities consider the dais Runk takes note of the door to the south that Kesten had exited and returned through. Walking that way he looks inside.


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

Zizou breathes a sigh of relief when the second dog finally falls. He leans against the wall to catch his breath, and only vaguely recognizes the investigation going on.

When Kesten identifies the magic, he keeps his place, satisfied that he's not needed to aid the investigation.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Kesten sounds a bit bummed.

"It's only magic that causes a flame to stay, not wink out when its fuel is completely gone. Simple, nothing spectacular. If it weren't so heavy, we could use it well enough though."

He looks around the tired group.
"Pfew, I don't know about you but now that the adrenaline of the fight is over, I feel I don't have much left in me. Aren't we at the end yet?"


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Runk:
Checking the open door you see it leads to a small hallway which then leads into a larger room where you can make out cells against the far wall.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Curious, Runk waves the rest of the group over and slips through the door.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

GM:
Runk moves into the room with the cells and begins checking them one by one. If they're all empty He then moves to the two doors and listens at each, looking through any cracks or gaps that might be available.


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

As the hellish canine finally dies, Blake sighs in relief and the physical strain from battling it and the bugbear shows on his face. He drags the hound into the room and pulls the doors closed. Looking around at his companions in the evilly decorated temple he considers their fate.

"Friends I think we are at difficult crossroads...we are obviously drained and need rest, but if we leave this place we lose all advantage of capturing our foe. I doubt it will go unnoticed for long that Bruthazmus is dead and that we have taken a prisoner. The goblins may be tolerating us for the moment, but I suspect that uneasy alliance will falter soon. My magical reserves are gone, without rest I am nearly useless in that regard. If what we suspect about Nualia is true, she has somehow infused herself with demonic powers I hate to say it...but we may be out of our depth in our current state. We must bring her to justice, so what do you say? Do we make a strategic retreat and hope we can find an advantage on the morrow, or do we press on?"

Noticing Runk ignore his words and slip on through a doorway, Blake curses slightly under his breath and follows after him calling out softly, "Runk...Runk...hold up, we must regroup."


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

Zizou nods in agreement as Blake describes the overwhelming challenges ahead of them, and then he follows his gaze to Runk pressing on. Under his breath, he offers his own feelings, "Gods, I don't even want to go to the Hagfish... I just want to put my feet up and do nothing for the rest of the day."


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

"We are on a road that we cannot backtrack upon, it seems," Ethan replies. "Other than using the wand to keep you all as intact as possible, the only contribution I will be able to make is with my bow." He looks towards the others with an expression of resignation, with a hint of apology.

"I will use the wand to heal those of you who are still injured, then we can proceed."[/b] He draws the wand and waits for his companions to step forward.

(Be sure to make sure you update your hit points for the channels I used.)


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

I'm at 100%.

"So we continue? To our dooms, or to glory..." Kesten says calmly.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Runk forges forward into the other set of rooms where Kesten retreated. Inside the southern wall of this room is a bank of cells with iron doors, six in all. The rest of the room is obviously a torture chamber; a rack sits against the far wall, an iron maiden stands to the north, and a fire pit smolders below a spiky cage dangling from a chain in the ceiling to the east. The cells are all empty and locked shut. There is a door on the eastern wall and on the eastern side of the northern wall.

Runk:
You hear and find nothing of interest at either of the two remaining closed doors.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Runk looks at the room in disgust, unconciously shying away from the torture equipment. When his companions catch up he says, "Nothing to hear."

Stepping to the door on the North wall he opens it once the party is set.


Blake give the halfling a look indicating he needs to at least hold up for a moment. "Some of us need the aid of that wand before we can continue this now fools errand." He presents himself before Ethan so that he can partake in some of the the magical healing. Once everyone is ready he nods at Runk again, this time in the affirmative. "Fools we are, on with it."


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Runk smirks in amusement at the tall warrior and awaits his go ahead to proceed.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Ethan touches Blake with the healing wand.

Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

24/25 hp


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Opening the door leads to a short hallway with a door on the eastern wall.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Runk repeats his usual process of listening at the door and checking for any traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

If all seems quiet he opens the door.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Runk:
All quite on the eastern front


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Signaling that he hears nothing Runk opens the door to take a look.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Opening the door you see a dusty nest of rags, dog hides, and straw sits in the northeast corner of this room. To the south, a long workbench cluttered with pliers, hooks, tongs, saws, knives and other items runs along the wall.


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

Zizou takes a look around the room, trying to tell if it's been in use recently.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Ziz:
It doesn't appear to have been used in about a weeks time or so. Though looking around you spot on the table a set of keys under some of the other implements on the table.


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

"I doubt Runk needs these, but it's possible they'll come in handy."

Zizou holds up a set of keys he pulls out of the piles of implements on the table.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Runk looks at the gnome a bit impressed. "Might come in handy." he says before heading back out and to the room with the cells. There he opens the Eastern door.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Opening the eastern door leads back into a 15 foot hallway ending in a closed door.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Stepping through the hall Runk opens the next door and reveals the larger room they recently left. "There and back again..." he mutters to himself. Thinking for a moment he heads north past the doors to the temple and through the northern door where he heads west.

I believe we checked this door but didn't continue much past it. If he hasn't checked it he'll give it the usual look over.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Opening the door to the west reveals a short 10 foot hallway that ends in yet another door.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Feeling they must be close to one of their foes Runk takes extra time checking and listening at the door.

T20 Perception = 28


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Runk:
The door is unlocked and you find no traps. You hear something on the other side of the door, movement, but you can't make out much more than that.


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Blake keeps pace with Runk the ranseur always at the ready.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Pausing at the door Runk listens for a moment. Stepping back he points to his ear and then at the door. Giving everyone a moment he opens the door.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

After everyone is ready Runk opens the door. A large table surrounded by chairs fills much of this room. A slate board to the north is covered with scribblings in chalk, but the map of Sandpoint that has been carefully inscribed on it leaves no doubt as to the purpose of this room — this is doubtless where the recent raid was planned.

Sitting at the table looking over a book is a woman, her cat rubbing against her leg. Seeing you at the door she freezes for a moment.

Init:

Blake: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Ethan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Kesten: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Runk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Zizouket: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

???: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Then realizing what is going on she stands and kicks the chair back speaking arcane words.

???: 1d4 ⇒ 4

All of the sudden she splits into multiple copies of herself, now 5 versions of the woman, moving and acting as one.

Round 1
Enemy, >Ziz, Kesten, Blake, Runk, Ethan


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

If Zizou has line-of-sight for any of the versions of the woman, he'll go ahead with the following. If not, he'll delay until there's a path or someone else has triggered her AoO, and then move into the room, out of her reach, and perform the following.

Zizou performs a bit of arcana of his own, and then throws a small fiery orb at the version of the woman furthest to the left.

ASF < 16 fails: 1d100 ⇒ 56
Ranged touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage, acid orb converted to fire damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Ethan focuses on one of the images and fires.

"Erastil favor me that I hit the real one," he says softly as he looses the arrow.

Ranged, point-blank, precise shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Runk advances while the woman casts her spell. Hopping onto the table and back off behind her.

Acrobatics to hop on the table: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Not sure if she had a weapon in hand but if so she'd get an AoO. Prepare an action to attack her once someone is flanking.

Prepared attack:

Attack w/Flank: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13
Damage w/SA: 1d4 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (4, 6) = 15

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 16

Blake rushes into the room letting the long weapon fall to the floor as he pulls out his scimitar. "It does not matter how many images of you there are, we have you out numbered...and surrounded. Surrender now and I will make the same pledge to you I made to the mercenary. The leader is who we want and if you help us apprehended her I will speak favorably at your trial. Anything else and your blood will stain our blades, just like the bugbear's. Yield to us now and you will live."

Move Action: 10ft to enter room.
Free Action Drop Weapon, Conversation, Draw Weapon w/movement

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Ready Action: Attack if she does another action other than surrender
Readied Attack Roll+flank: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Kesten steps into the room, his weapon at the ready and aiming at the woman.

"Better listen lady, we are telling the truth. Nobody needs to die here today, least of all you."

Ready to attack if Runk attacks her:
Atk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
How much time has passed? Is my magic weapon still active?
Diplo: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The woman seemingly unconcerned with your words stands her ground. Runk and Blake surround her, attacking in unison. Though only Blake appears to connect.

???: 1d5 ⇒ 1

However, rather than connecinting with the woman one of the images puffs away. Blake takes a shot at the woman and it nearly connects, but manages to hit another of the images that disappears. Ziz lobs a small fiery orb which connects.

???: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Yet, once again one of the images poofs away instead of any harm coming to the woman. Kesten tries to aid in the attack, but with the table in the way, he can't make a good attack. In turn she begins speaking more arcane words.

DefensiveCast-Concentration: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

However, in the heat of battle and being surrounded she fumbles the process and the spell dissipates as she curses.

Round 2
Enemy, >Party


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

"Then don't!" he hisses as he tries to stab her again.

Atk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Runk follows up on the womans distraction.

Attack w/CI Shortsword + Flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27
Damage w/SA: 1d4 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (3, 5) = 12

Confirm: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16
Damage w/SA: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Attack w/Dagger + Flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21
Damage w/SA: 1d3 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + (5, 3) = 9


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Blake swallows hard, he had hoped she would surrender. If she is that brazen then he is forced to follow through on his threat and attacks. Gritting his teeth he swings his blade.

Attack Roll+Flank: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

"Surrender. Please," Ethan says emphatically. "You will perish here and now, if you do not."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 bonus for persuading hostile target.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Kesten connects this time.

???: 1d2 ⇒ 2

He seems to connect with the actual woman this time as she lets out a cry of pain. Runk works with Blake to continue their assualt.

???: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Having a better feel after seeing Kestens blow Runk connects as well, stabbing deeply into the womans back causing it to gush blood. Blake connects as well.

???: 1d2 ⇒ 2

He also manages to connect with the woman as well, adding to her other injuries. As Ethan speaks to her and she holds her wounds only glaring at him undettered.

Any other actions Ethan? Also need Ziz's actions


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Ethan does not break his gaze. He extends a hand toward the woman.

Try again...Patient optimist trait.

"Your death will accomplish nothing. It is not to late to step from this path."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

Unwilling to expend too much of his arcana while the woman still has a double confusing his aim, Zizou instead draws his dagger and tries to unease her defenses as Kesten jabs at her across the table.

Aid another to give Kesten +2 to his attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

As Ethan continues to talk to her and Ziz waves his dagger at her she begins speaking arcane words once again.

DefensiveCast-Concentration: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

All of the sudden she vanishes from view.

DM:

???: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Round 2
Enemy, >Party

1 to 50 of 2,029 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - RotRL AE (Group 1) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.