GM Dak - RotRL AE (Group 1) (Inactive)

Game Master Dakcenturi

ROLL20 LINK


1,651 to 1,700 of 2,029 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Ethan nods and moves towards the door.

"Now to the messy part," Ethan says quietly in a tone resignation.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Is the door in the throne room itself or outside of it?


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Outside, back down the hall and into the main room.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Runk gives the party a look to make sure they're all set and then ducks back out into the hall. Making his way to the door he takes a moment to inspect it closely and gives a listen.

T20 to find traps = 28

Once satisfied he opens the door and looks around.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Finding no apparent traps Runk opens the door the chief mentioned finding a staircase which leads down.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

"That... Worked out better than I had thought." comes out of Kesten's mouth, only long after they have left the goblins in peace.

"Let's hope he doesn't change his mind when we come back up. How long does that magical thingamajig last, Ziz?"


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

"About an hour. If he is upset, hopefully he's too proud to let his troops know he was tricked."


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Runk draws his weapons and begins the descent.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Heading down the stairs they eventually open into a room. A single lantern hangs from a hook on the wall next to where the stairs enter this room from the north. Several rickety doors open into this room, and a few discarded dog pelt rugs lie forgotten in the northeast corner.

Map updated


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Seeing the room is clear for the moment at least Runk waves the rest of the party down the stairs. Holding a finger to his lips he indicates everyone should be quiet and then goes around the room listening at each door.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Blake waits at the base of the stairs, blade at the ready, alert to what might happen next.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 20


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Runk:
The only door you hear any noises from is the southwestern door. Heavy breathing and grunting can be heard from behind the door.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Runk pauses at the southwestern door listening intently. After a moment he points to his ear and then back at the door before doing his usual check for traps. Once the party is prepared he opens the door, shortsword in hand.

Trap check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

Zizou draws his dagger and prepares to follow the group into the door that Runk indicates.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Kesten is wary.
He whispers "If you know they are there, give me a second to cast a preparatory spell."


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Blake continues to be vigilant.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

"Somethin' in there. Can hear grunting and heavy breathing." The halfling pauses a moment and a grin breaks his business like visage, "Maybe it's that gal of yours."

Holding for any preparations anyone wants to make before opening the door.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

If Kesten can "cast quietly" he will attempt to cast Shield of Faith on Runk.

"Sirrek Virte" he mumbles, while tracing a shield on the back of Runk's armor.

Runk can smell pipesmoke for a second, and a feeling of 'home' comes to his mind.

"This will protect the areas somewhat you are not fast enough to block. Hope it helps."


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Runk nods his thanks and then opens the door.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

???: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Runk opens the door as light floods into a dark room where dozens of ratty cushions, lumpy pillows, and rumpled dogskin furs lie heaped in the south half of this chamber, which smells of a nauseating mixture of vinegar and rotten flowers. Inside is a large bugbear in the act with 4 goblin women who screech as the light floods in.

Initiative:

Blake: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Ethan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Kesten: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Runk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Zizouket: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Bugbear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Goblins: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Round 1
>Ethan, Blake, Ziz, Runk, Goblins, Bugbear, Kesten


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Ethan calls upon Erastil to aid them in their battle.

"Elkfather, grant us victory against the destroyers!

Casts bless on the party. +1 to attacks and saves vs fear effects.


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

"Well that must be Bruhazmus."

Blake recalls the special relationship Shelalu told them about, that and the tales of his wicked roadside banditry.

"I shall put a stop to him, he will threaten our town nare again."

Blake quickly moves into the chamber to attack, his scimitar crackling with energy, and shouts, "For Sandpoint!"

Swift action: activate arcane pool
Move action: Move to engage
Standard action: Attack w/bless and arcane enhancement bonuses

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 24 Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6
Conformation Roll: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 12 Possible Dbl Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

is he considered prone since he is "in the act" ??


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Kesten is discussed, averting his eyes for a second or six.

^^


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Not prone but definitely flat footed.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Runk follows quickly in Blakes wake and stabs at the goblinoid.

Attack vs FF: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage w/SA: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (6) = 11


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

Zizou allows a reaction to the scene inside the room to mar his delicate features, "Gross..."

He tries to lob a ball of acid over Blake and onto the bugbear.

Arcane spell failure < 16 fails: 1d100 ⇒ 17
Acid splash, RTA, gnome hatred, favored enemy, blessed, target in melee: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 15
Damage, favored enemy: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Runk no where for you to move into the room with Blake there.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Is there someone to the west of him? Couldn't tell with the current LOS


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Yeah room is full except the spot Blake is in. Sorry about the LoS issues, just actually posted a suggestion on the Roll20 forums to fix that (ie the dynamic lighting should cast a dim light into a room for areas blocked out by pure light casts)


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Retcon!

Flipping the dagger in his hand to hold it by the blade Runk sends it spinning towards the hobgoblin.

Attack + bless - combat - cover: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 - 4 - 2 = 8
Damage + SA: 1d3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (5) = 7

The blade flies high and draws a curse from the halfling even as he draws another and steps back to allow Blake space to fall back.

Can we see if there are any other doors leading out of the room?


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Blake heads into the room cutting into the bugbear as he tries to orient himself to the situation at hand. Even though cought off guard he maanges to avoid the worst of Blakes swing. Ziz follows up lobbing a ball of acid at the creature, searing its fur and skin. Runk tosses a dagger into but with Blake in the way he can't quite get good aim and the dagger goes wide.

The goblin women grab weapons that are placed about the room but with the confined space only one can reach Blake.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Though with the shock of longshanks busting in the goblin can't even manage to strike Blake. The bugbear, confined in the room grabs a flail sitting near by and takes a swing at Blake.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Obviously upset by the intrusion the bugbear smashes the flail into Blakes chest, nearly knocking the air out of him.

Round 1
Ethan, Blake, Ziz, Runk, Goblins, Bugbear, >Kesten


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

On his turn:

Ethan draws back in longbow and looses an arrow at the bugbear.

Ranged Attack, Point-blank, Precise Shot: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 1 = 19 Blessed

Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Kesten steps forward, and reaches the shoulder of Ethan.

"Step back so we can help you." he simply says to Ethan, while his other hand is crackling with electricity.

"No need to bear the attacks all on yourself."

Ready action to attack (touch of electricity) if one of the minions comes within reach.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

I think you meant Blake, he's the one in combat.


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Blake grunts in pain, and prepares to lure the opponents out only to find Kesten has gotten to close for him to drop back. "Idiot... clear a path! Unable to take a step back he prepares to counter the oncoming blows and lashes out to the bugbear again.

Fighting Defensively. AC 19
Attack Roll: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 20
Damage Roll: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8
Crit Roll: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 2
Damage Roll: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5
hp 12


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Yes, Ethan > Blake ^^
Keep messing them up.
Blake, can't you 5FS around the corner? That's the way we always do it on our tabletop, that's why I stood there. If that's not an option, I would have moved one square to the right.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

You can't move diagonally around corners. Link (under diagonals) I am fine with a retcon if we want to adjust or we can just play it off as Kesten being Kesten :P


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

I vote for Kesten being Kesten as it gives Runk taunting fodder :)


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

I'm cool with it as is...role play and all; but Kesten best move back on his next action or I might attack him...if I'm still alive :P :) EDIT-- If you do move Kesten to the right once square I would add a five foot step straight back to my action.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Drawing another dagger Runk crouches in corner prepared to strike at any foe that comes in range.

"Move yer feet Grandma! Gonna stab somethin' and if it's not one of the cutters gonna be you!"

Prepare an action to attack a foe that comes in range

If needed:

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 = 20 + 2 if flank
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 + 1d6 ⇒ 6 if Flank


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Kesten moves behind Blake blocking his path as he is in a hurry to join in on the battle. Ethan takes a shot at the bugbear but with his companions between him and his mark the arrow doesn't manage to connect. Blake strikes back at the bugbear, connecting once again but not seeming to do near as much harm as the bugbear is doing to him. Runk readies himself for if any of their current foes move out of the room. The goblin and bugbear attack Blake once again.

Attack-G: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Attack-B: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Damage: 2d10 + 12 ⇒ (2, 3) + 12 = 17

The bugbear works in conjunction with the goblin and brings the mace down square on Blakes head. He stand there for a moment before dropping to the ground, blood rushing out of his nose.

-17 HP Blake

Round 2
Ethan, Blake, Ziz, Runk, Goblins, Bugbear, >Kesten


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Currnet hp -5 Stabilize Roll: 1d20 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 1 - 5 = 8
Lose 1 hp on my next INT


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Ethan moves to the edge of the doorway, just to Kesten's left and reaches down to touch his fallen comrade, Blake.

"May the Elkfather forestall Pharasma's judgment," he intones softly.

Casting stabilize on Blake.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Just for reference Stabilize is a close ranged spell not touch (25 ft + 5 ft/ 2 levels)


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Okay, I'll readjust my position, since I don't have to actually touch him.


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

Zizou lets his mouth drop open when Blake falls, and he looks to Ethan as he casts his spell, reassured that he seems to be using his magic to aid his longtime friend. A grin forms at the corner of his lips as he closes his mouth. What Blake don't know won't hurt him!

He lets loose with his fire powers, throwing a flaming bolt through the doorway at the bugbear. "Surezko eskura!"

ASF <16 fails: 1d100 ⇒ 39
Reach spell shocking grasp, converted to fire, ranged touch, gnome hatred, favored enemy, blessed, vs enemy wielding metal: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 3 = 29
Fire damage, favored enemy: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6) + 2 = 12


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

And the award for longest chain of bonuses goes to... ZIZ!! ^^
..
Dak, did Runk get a readied action trigger?

Readied action:
Readied touch attack, base+blessed: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 = 131d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

---

No!! NOT AGAIN!!! I won't lose you again, father! I won't!
Oh shucks, here we go again!
Stop him!
You know we can't.
Just close your eyes, this will be over soon.
...
...
NO!!! I am in control!!

Kesten's eyes go blank as he stares at Blake's body going down and hitting the floor.
His foot rises to step forward, not thinking about the logical things and withdrawing. Something seems to struggle within, and he waits, even though the lightning is crackling all over his arm and his neck.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Reaching forward Runk grabs a convenient strap on Blakes armor and drags him to the side of the door.

Drag maneuver to pull him into the same square as Runk (which I think is legit as he's unconscious)


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Blake clots.

hp -5; stable

1 to 50 of 2,029 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - RotRL AE (Group 1) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.