GM Dak - RotRL AE (Group 1) (Inactive)

Game Master Dakcenturi

ROLL20 LINK


1,901 to 1,950 of 2,029 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

Zizou steps forward enough to get an angle to see the dog. With little else to do, he thrusts his hands toward the dog, and a flare of light flashes in front of its face.

Spell-like ability flare. Fort DC14 or dazzled for 1 minute, unless these dogs are sightless creatures.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

If I can retcon a 5' step, I will. If not, I will do so next round.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Seeing that his companions are moving in to attack Runk attempts to baite the creature into attacking by moving out from under it while taking care to avoid it's attacks.

Move action to move towards Ethan and Total Defense.
AC 26


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Sorry, you were waiting for me?
--
5FS forward, stab the thing.
--
Ziz, could you move over one so me and Runk can flank?

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22
Spear: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Kesten gently pushes the gnome aside, and tries to stab the distracted creature with his longspear in the gut.


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%
Kesten wrote:
Ziz, could you move over one so me and Runk can flank?

Done. Didn't realize you had a reach weapon when I posted.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

^Yep!^
And thanks!


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Ethan takes another shot at the dog, the arrow strikes it but doesn't seem to penetrate the beasts hide. Ziz tosses a spell at the canine.

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

It yelps as the flash explodes in front of it's face and tries to shake it off. Runk moves trying to attract the dogs attention but with the recent distraction it doesn't appear to concerned with him. Kesten uses the opportunity to strike, now that he has retrieved his weapon. He stabs into the dog, but doesn't draw any blood from the strike. Blake still on the floor after the last attack stares up at the flying dog unsure what to do. The dog undettered in it's efforts continues toward Ethan to attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 1 = 23
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9

It bites into Etahn leaving behind an aweful feeling.

Will save please DC 14 or shaken 1 round

Round 9
Enemy, >Ziz, Runk, Ethan, Blake, Kesten


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

I thought my knowledge check correctly identified the hound as an outsider. If so, it should not be able to physically attack me because of my protection from evil spell being in effect. Am I mistaken?


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

It is an outsider but not a summoned creature. An outsider simply means that it is at least partially composed of the essence (but not necessarily the material) of some plane other than the Material Plane. You would still get your +2 to saves and you recieved your +2 AC but it still beat your AC.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11

....aaannnnnd of course...(chuckle)...the dice-roller strikes again.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Quite displeased about his lack of effectiveness and now with being ignored Runk tries another option. Stabbing up at the creatures face he tries to set it up for a more punishing blow.

Feint: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Dak I believe Blake is on vacation and was ok with DMPC for when he couldn't post.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Runk, why do you feint? We can flank it, no?

Kesten steps into the hallway, and prepares to strike as he eyes Runk trying to distract the beast.

"Together?" is all he says, adding a mutter that sounds like he is unsure whether he will draw blood this time.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Too short :(


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Hehe, we need to get you a reach weapon :p
--
DM, can we ready to flank it as soon as it swoops down or something?


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Runk can attack it but he's not tall enough to get a line through two sides as he's attack ing up at it. Maybe some enchanted stilts? :)


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

En-tallen halfling ;)

Kesten simply stabs, seeing the halfling shake his head at the combined attack.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

With little to do to damage the creature, and feeling the effects of the injury still, Zizou pulls out his potion of cure light wounds and drinks it.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Money well spent there.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

"Does nobody know of any way to kill the creature? My weapon seems to be less than effective?"

He seems to think and continues.
"I could make a weapon magical, if that could help? Or is it immune to normal damage?"


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

"N..n..need...s..silver," Ethan answers in a quavering voice.


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Blake weakly rises, summers the last reserves of his magical reservoir to once again imbue the ranseur with power. Standing he thrusts it at the dog, "Leave my friend alone!"

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Damage Roll: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 = 5


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Runk attempts to fake out the flying dog to open him up for a future attack but the large canine seems to know better. Kesten stabs at the beast b ut isn't able to connect. Ziz pulls out a potion and takes a drink as some of his wounds heal slightly. Blake gets up and stabs at the dog as well, it is a well placed blow but the weapon doesn't even seem to penetrate the dogs thick hide.

Ethan you still can act just at a -2 for being shaken.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Ranged, Precise, Point blank attack: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 2 = 16

Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

"Maybe we need the net, drag it down and then slice its head clean off?"

A more masculine voice emanates from Kesten's throat, than anyone has ever heard.
A rough voice, commanding, and used to being listened to.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Ethan takes a shot but with the dogs bite hurting so much it distracts his aim and the arrow clinks off one of the walls. The dog continues to try and take Ethan down.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

It barely misses as it goes in for the bite.

Round 10
Enemy, >Ziz, Runk, Ethan, Blake, Kesten


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

As the hound has lost interest in him Runk again changes tactics and strikes to aid Ethans defenses.

Strike to Aid AC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Recovering his composure, Ethan takes a step back and looses another arrow at the flying hound.

Point Blank, Precise Shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Where is the net? Can someone get it to me?

Kesten looks around, trying to figure out if the dog is injured or not.

"This thing is demonic, it will not die!" Kesten says with a slight matter of despair in his voice.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

It's near Ziz. But that said it's a pretty hefty negative to use (exotic weapon and not bundled). It is only a touch attack though.


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

While waiting on Ziz, I go ahead and post my round 10

Blake growls under his breath and stabs at the creature again.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2) + 3 = 7


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

Zizou pulls out his dagger and joins the fray in the hallway. He takes a cue from Runk and looks for a chance to disrupt the dog's attack if it goes for Blake.

Aid another to give Blake +2 to his AC; or if it's out of reach, ready action to aid another to give Blake +2 to his AC, assuming it has to get within reach to attack Blake.

Aid another attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Since nobody is going for the net.

Atk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Kesten once again lunges forward, trying to drive his longspear into the guts of the filthy hound!
He succeeds, but it does not affect him as much as he would have thought.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Runk and Ziz make attempts to distract the dog from further attacks on Ethan while he steps back and takes a shot that misses horribly. Blake attempts an attack but isn't succesful. Kesten stabs into the beast but the weapon doesn't even seem to penetrate the skin.

Even with Runk and Ziz distracting the flying hound continues it's assualt on Ethan.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9

It bites into Ethan, dropping him to the ground then turns it's attention toward the others.

Round 11
Enemy, >Ziz, Runk, Ethan, Blake, Kesten


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Kesten shouts in frustration, then takes a small step back and casts a spell.

"Let's see how you like this?" he says with a grin.

Magic weapon


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

"Erastil, bolster us; that we should prevail," Ethan says, allowing Old Dead-eye's power to flow out over the group once again.

Selective Channel, excluding the hound: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

(Your killin' me, Smalls. 1 channel left.)


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Blake takes a defensive stance and casts a spell.

going Full Defense and casting shocking grasp to deliver next round via spellstrike since DR doesn't effect Energy attacks.


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

Zizou tries again, swinging his dagger in an effort to distract the dog from its next attack against Ethan.

Aid another to give Ethan +2 to AC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Electricity didn't seem to damage it, or am I wrong?


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Striking up Runk attempts to confuse the hound again.

Feint: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Blake if this doesn't work I'll strike to aid your attack next round


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Ethan lets out some more of the power of his gods healing the wounds of those injured. While Runk continues to keep the hound distracted, which appears to work. Ziz also works on distracting the flying canine and seems to at least draw some of the beasts attention. Kesten enchants his weapon with arcane energies, making it easier to weild, while Blake does the same on his but the weapon crackles with electricity.

The hound, focused on his purpose continues after Etahn.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

However, between Ziz's ditraction and his own protections Ethan manages to avoid being bitten once again.

Round 12
Enemy, >Ziz, Runk, Ethan, Blake, Kesten


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Just checking. Can I cast "magic weapon" on my zap-touch attacks? It's not an unarmed strike, so I'm a bit unsure.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/magic-weapon


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

TAking advantage of the hounds focus on Ethan Runk stabs up at it's belly once again.

Attack w/Feint: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage w/SA: 1d4 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (3, 2) = 8

Confirm w/Feint: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

This time the blade sinks in with a satisfying "slurk" and sends viscous blood flowing down the halflings blade.


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Gritting his teeth to fight off pain, Blake stabs again hopeful this time he can sink the ranseur into this foul creatures hide and then release the stored electrical energy of his spell.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 Weapon Damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2) + 3 = 7 Electrical spell damage: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 2) = 5


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

I wouldn't think you could magic weapon those since it is a SU not an actual weapon.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Makes sense. Just a bit stupid that I forgot that the electricity was more effective than the spear.

1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 201d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12

Kesten, emboldened by the combined show of strength, lunges forward and buries his spear deep into the belly of the dog.

"Eat this!!" he almost howls!


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Ethan opens himself to Erastil's divine power, bathing his comrades in healing energy, being careful not to let it touch the hound.

Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10

All channeled out.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

With the concentrated effort of the group and the well placed attacks of Runk, Blake and Kesten the dog finally falls to the ground with a thud in a pool of it's own blood.

Out of combat


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Runk gives the hound a swift kick when it finally hits the ground and flicks his sword to clear the worst of the blood off of it. Giving the rest of the party a quick look over and finding them all to be standing he makes his way over to the dais and looks around.

Perception T10=18


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Runk:
Upon an alter at the center of the dias are what appear to be the ashes of burnt human remains.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

"Found the priest" the halfling states from the dais with a gesture to the ashes on the alter.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Ethan clasps his holy smbol in one hand, and stretches his other out over the remains.

(casts detect magic.)

1,901 to 1,950 of 2,029 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - RotRL AE (Group 1) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.