GM Dak - RotRL AE (Group 1) (Inactive)

Game Master Dakcenturi

ROLL20 LINK


1,801 to 1,850 of 2,029 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

"Big cutter." Runk says as he looks at the drawing.

Looking around a bit he thinks about the wizardess walking through the goblin defiled room to reach the library. Finding it unlikely he closes the door to the goblin art room and leads the party back to the double doors.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Kesten is somewhat behind, having left Orik's room as the last one.

DM:
Kesten will walk up to the man as the others are leaving, and whisper to him: "We will come back for you. This is an arcane mark that will make sure we find you, and I can sense if you are in trouble."

He will then cast "purify food and drink" on his arm, before going.
Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Before going through the door he can no longer hold in his snicker, and walks after the others in a hurried step.

"What's up?" he casually says.
"Bookworm in here? I can help your defense, but not against magic I'm afraid Runk."
He leans on his spear, looking around for anything that might be able to hold his attention for more than 3 seconds.

--
Would a caster know the subject of a spell has passed or failed a save (like zone of truth)? I thought it might, but now I'm not sure.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

I think it would really depend on the spell. In the case of ZoT I would say the caster wouldn't specifically know if someone else was affected or not, though the spell says that those affected are aware themselves of the spells powers over them. In the case of mind-affecting spells I'm of the thought that unless the spell descriptions specifically says there is an apparent effect the caster would not know for sure unless they were detecting magic. In the case of ZoT this is a little harder since it is an AoE spell and not single target.

Checking the double doors and not finding anything Runk swings them open to find a large room. Stone fonts containing frothy dark water sit to the north and south of the eastern entrance to the room, and twin banks of stone pillars run the length of the long chamber. At the western end, shallow stairs rise to a platform about two feet off the ground. The walls surrounding this platform are lit by hanging braziers that emit glowing red smoke, giving the place an unnerving crimson lighting that throws the bas-relief carvings of countless monsters feasting on fleeing humans into lurid display. A black marble altar stone, its surface heaped with ashes and bone fragments, squats before a ten-foot-tall statue. The sculpture depicts a very pregnant but otherwise shapely naked woman who wields a kukri in each taloned hand and has a long reptilian tail, birdlike taloned feet, and the snarling head of a three-eyed jackal with a forked tongue. The left kukri flickers with fiery orange light while the right one glows with a cold blue radiance.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

"Not good."

Runk steps into the room, using one of the pillars for cover while he looks about for any threats.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Blake moves to his customary position close to Runk at the door. "She is likely behind this door. Be ready," he softly says to everyone. With blade in hand he prepares for Runk to open the door.

As the door is opened he looks about trying to locate their quarry and following Runk through the door.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 1


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

???: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Init:

Blake: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Ethan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Kesten: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Runk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Zizouket: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Enemy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Runk and Blake step into the room and start to look around in front of them when all of the sudden from out of the darkness near the ceiling above them two emaciated, hairless canines swoop down upon them flying just over their heads.

Currently 15 ft up in the air.

Round 1
>Blake, Kesten, Enemy, Ziz, Runk, Ethan


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Kesten ducks instinctively as he enters the room and sees the dogs flying above.
He prepares his spear, and casts a spell on himself. He is filled with a strong sense of honour and duty, and protecting his own.

"What are these?" he looks at the arcanists.

DM:
Shield of faith

Assuming they cannot make AOO if I'm not within reach?


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

As the flying dogs swoop in Blake reacts by dropping his scimitar and pulling the ranseur. With a thought he imbues the pole arm with arcane power and stabs at the closest one.

Free Action - Drop scimitar; Move Action - Draw ranseur
Swift Action - Arcane pool; Standard Action - Attack

If not close enough Delay action until one is close enough

Ranseur Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21 Damage: 2d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2) + 2 + 1 = 8


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Kesten moves into the room as a glimor of a shield flashes in front of him before disappearing from sight. Blake pulls out one of the ranseurs to attack, stabbing into the flying dog.

Blake:
While you stab into the dog, it doesn't seem to injure it as much as you would have expected with the force you put behind it.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Doh I guess it is my turn :P Bit of a crazy day.

The dogs move in to attack Blake as he is the closest prey.

Attack-B: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 5) + 4 = 15
Attack-R: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 1) + 4 = 11

Blake swats at them with the ranseur but not use to huge flying dogs attacking him they both bite into him and start riping at his neck. Blood gushs from his throat as he falls to the ground unconcious and bleeding out on the floor.

Round 1
Blake, Kesten, Enemy, >Ziz, Runk, Ethan


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Ethan whispers a prayer and allows divine energy to flow out of him.

Selective Channel, excluding the two dog-things.

Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Are they still in the air or did they land?


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Still in the air. Now only 10 ft up. IE within reach of someone of medium size :P


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Kesten had better get down then :P
What kind of penalty would "Climbing on someone's back" be on your attack roll? :p


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

"What are they? the halfling asks no one in particular.

Runk is staring up at the flying dogs when the flicker of the imps wings against his leg remind him of their prior fight against flying opponents. Withdrawing dropping his sword and dagger he retrieves his net and sends it spinning up at the closest of the aberrations.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 2 = 15

K:Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

"Blake!"

Zizou runs into the room and targets one of the flying dogs. He holds out his hand and a ball of flame appears in his open palm. He throws the ball at the nearest dog and then the flaming ball reappears in his hand.

Know (arcana)?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Spell-like ability produce flame
Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Fire damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Duration: 4 min - 1 = 3 minutes


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0
Kesten wrote:

Kesten had better get down then :P

What kind of penalty would "Climbing on someone's back" be on your attack roll? :p

What about standing on the meat sack the Blake is honing skill levels in. :)


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Current hp: 6

Pain, blackness, warmth...in an instand Blake finds himself aching and on the chambers floor. Blood and agony surge down his body as he pulls himself to his feet, summons the arcane energy to imbue the ranseur again and thrusts it at the closet of the creatures.

Move Action - Stand from Prone; Swift Action - Arcane pool (1 use left)
Standard Action - Attack

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 = 25 Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 23
Damage: 2d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 + 1 = 8 Double Damage: 2d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2) + 2 + 1 = 8

The dice karma comes round?


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Would actually need a Know. Religion check on these.

Zizz blasts one of the dogs, but as the flames wash over the beast it only barely singes the creature. Runk tosses a net over the dog. Runk steps back pulling out a net from his pack and tossing at the injured canine.

???: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30

The net catches but the dog remains flying, only slightly hampered by the net. Ethan calls again on the power of his god healing some of Blakes injuries. Blake grabs the weapon that fell to the floor with him and jabs up at the injured dog. From his angle he manages to place the strike into the creatures gut and it yelps in pain.

Using the ranseur to attack you would actually need to stay prone, but could then stand afterwards, up to you if you would prefer to stay prone.

Round 2
Blake, >Kesten, Enemy, Ziz, Runk, Ethan


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Kesten steps forward, standing in front of Ziz and Runk to shield them somewhat and lunges upwards, stabbing the flying whatcha-ma-callit.

His spear finds a weak spot in the underbelly, and the thrusts up. The wind whips up slightly as he hisses, a sound he was not expecting to make.

What are you...
I have an idea!
We can't!
He's not ready.
Like hell he is.
Kesten, you can do it...
Do what?

"Stay back a bit, I need them lined up.." he whispers as the static forms around his entire body.

AC=16+2


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0
GM Dak wrote:

Using the ranseur to attack you would actually need to stay prone, but could then stand afterwards, up to you if you would prefer to stay prone.

Sorry missed that they had dropped to 10ft. Actually based on my hp levels after I get my lucky hit from the floor can I 5' step to roll out the door an remain prone closer to Ethan? If not I will stay put and prone, I can't afford to get nabbed with an AoO.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Depending on how Dak wants to rule it I would actually think they don't threaten your prone square (since they're in the air) so you should be able to stand freely.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Runk is correct you could actually take a full crawl move action (which is only 5 ft anyway) since they are out of reach of you.


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Cool I will do the crawl move action after the attack to move one square east in front of Ethan.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Kestens stabs another hole in the flying canine adding the wounds from Blake and Ziz. It tries it's best to escape the net.

???: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

It has little success only further tangling itself up in the netting. The other one lets out a loud and frightul bark mixed with a growl as it moves toward Kesten.

Rounds: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4
Everyone needs a Will save DC 12 or you are panicked for 4 rounds

Round 2
Blake, Kesten, Enemy, >Ziz, Runk, Ethan


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Steeling himself against the unnatural fear, Ethan tries to recall anything he may have read about such creatures.

Knowledge (Religion) to identify creatures: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

The howling snarl brings back memories of the gripping fear the imps magics had instilled. This time however Runk is ready for it. Even before the haunting sound can begin to cloud his mind he pushes it aside giving a growl of his own in response.


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Ziz feels the hairs rise on the back of his neck, but fear fails to overtake him. With a grimace, he shakes his hand, letting the flame dissipate. He replaces it with a ball of lightning, hurling it at the flying creature that is still free. "Hunkigarriak eskura!"

ASF < 16 fails: 1d100 ⇒ 61
Shocking grasp, with reach, ranged touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Electrical damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Ethan:
I put the wrong know. skill but since it was my mistake here is the info anyway:P

You recall reading about beasts as these. Yeth hounds are evil outsiders that delight in hunting intelligent prey. They lope through the night skies, relentlessly pursuing their chosen quarry for miles, and harrying them with their frightful baying. A yeth hound stands 4 feet tall at the shoulder and weighs about 400 pounds.

You can ask one question about them


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Grabbing his sword with one hand Runk gives a heave on the rope to try and bring the beast into range.

Str check: 1d20 + 1 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 5 - 5 = 6


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

GM Dak:

What are their vulnerabilities?


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Str: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Ziz blasts the flying dog once again this time with lighting, while the shock to the canine is apparent it seems to shrug off the worst of it, even so with the constant attacks it seems rather injured. Runk attempts to pull on the net but the flying dog yanks back with the full force of it's body and manages to stay put.

You can just roll your Str score. I can add in the modifier. Which would just be a -5 in your case and a +5 to the DC, so your effectively at a -10. Basically my thought just the act of using the net to pull someone down (rather than keep them in place as noted by the net rules would be +5 DC, then for each step of size different it boosts the DC +5 unless you are the bigger one then it decreases the DC -5. Not sure if there are more *official* rules on that, maybe it should be a CMB v CMD but eh.

Runk you still have a standard and Ethan still has full round.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Got ya, I think I was reading the modifiers backwards. Would the Str check have been his standard? If not I'll certainly find something else to do :)


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

"Erastil ward your servant against the hounds of the abyss," he calmly intones.

casting protection from evil on himself. Duration 4 minutes.

"Yeth Hounds! They are spawn of the lower planes, and not native to our world," he tells the others.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
No bless, I reckon? Kesten is out :P
I already moved him on the map, if you don't mind.
Rounds panicked: xooo

Panicked:

A panicked creature must drop anything it holds and flee at top speed from the source of its fear, as well as any other dangers it encounters, along a random path. It can't take any other actions. In addition, the creature takes a –2 penalty on all saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. If cornered, a panicked creature cowers and does not attack, typically using the total defense action in combat. A panicked creature can use special abilities, including spells, to flee; indeed, the creature must use such means if they are the only way to escape.


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Current hp 6; panicked

Unholy fear consumes Blake's thoughts as he watches the hounds howl and swoop. He lets go of the ransuer gets to his feet and takes off with out regard to his companions screaming, "Hell is coming after me!"


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

"Get away get away!!!" Kesten shouts, as Blake is running in his direction!


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Ethan:
They are vulnerable to silver


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Back to the doggies? If Runk did have a standard he'll prepare to attack if one comes in range.

Seeing the hounds effects on Blake and Kesten Runk frowns, a bit of empathy sparking in the back of his mind but ignored in favor of the need to focus on the escalating difficulty of the task at hand.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Yeah just need Ethan's turn who was probably waiting on his spoiler response :).


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

I cast protection from evil on myself. Do I still have another action?


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Ah good call. :P

Blake and Kesten, gripped with fear from the unnatural sounds of the bark growl coming from the massive flying dog run away in terror. The dog entangled in the net tries once again to get free.

???: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Still struggling it can't break free. The other dog swoops down at Ziz to attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5) + 4 = 10

The dog chomps into Zizs arm as he puts it up to defend himself.

Ziz need a DC 14 will save or shaken for 1 round and looks like you are also disabled.

Round 3
Blake, Kesten, Enemy, >Ziz, Runk, Ethan


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Dak which one has the net on it? North of Ziz or the one in the corner?

Ziz if it ends up being the one north of you can 5' NE for me?

"Circle it" Runk calls out.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

East of Ziz has the net. Note it is still 5 ft up in the air (due to Ziz's smaller size) so no flanking unless Ziz can fly :D


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Runk releases his hold on the net leaving the hound to writhe in it's tangles. Taking a step he draws a dagger and attacks.

Attack CI Shortsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Attack CI Dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
I had Ziz at 16/22 hp after leveling. I added the 6 new hp to his current and total hp. Was that not correct? I was wondering since I think I'd only ever leveled a character between adventures in the past.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Kesten still has a look of absolute horror on his face.
His mind flails, and he screams at the top of his lungs.

What is happening?
I don't know...
Did you..
NO!!
Why is he cowering?
Well, he is your grandgrandson, no?
Come here and say that.

Wait, I don't see any doors?


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Blake continues to flee as quick as he can.

I think this round will take me off the map, He would run back upstairs and try to head back out to the forest away from the building he is certain the hounds will be burning to the ground.


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0
Zizouket wrote:
I had Ziz at 16/22 hp after leveling. I added the 6 new hp to his current and total hp. Was that not correct? I was wondering since I think I'd only ever leveled a character between adventures in the past.

That is how I have done it. You get more hp but still have the damage you had at the time of the mid adventure leveling


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Good call, he was the only one injured when you all leveled up so I forgot to update his stats on my side. So Ziz is still up with 6 hp, but shaken, so you can take your turn with that in mind, also need Ethan's actions for this round.

1,801 to 1,850 of 2,029 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - RotRL AE (Group 1) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.