GM Dak - RotRL AE (Group 1) (Inactive)

Game Master Dakcenturi

ROLL20 LINK


1,501 to 1,550 of 2,029 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Upon finishing his meal. Ethan quietly rises from the table and collects all the used platters and mugs and carries them into the kitchen. If a wash station is in place, he carries them to it, sets them down in the soapy water, and proceeds to wash them. If a wash station is not prepared, he sets the pile down, picks up two buckets, and heads out back to the well to fetch water. After filling the wash tub, he proceeds to wash the dishes until none are left.

As he works, he meditates on the precepts of his faith.

No necessary work is beneath you. Give back more than you take. Give aid and comfort to those in need. Erastil, forgive your servant for his failings. I will work harder for the good of all.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Blake:
The mayor is thankful for the report and agrees that something should be done with the tunnels. She wants to wait for Hemlock to get back in town before they seal them up though. As far as next steps she asks if you all believe there are any further threats from the goblins and if you think the place should be cleansed she recommends that you could take Father Zantus down if you felt up to it.

Bethana smiles at Runk before answering "She is doing as well as can be expected I suppose with all that has been happening. Even with the difficulties in her family I think she still mourns the loss of her father. Also, now the weight of the family business falls on her ontop of this inn so I do what I can to help while she deals with everything else."


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Kesten lets the others do the talking.
He was never completely at ease at the village, and he prefers to eat quietly with the rest of the group, not trying to draw attention to himself.

He refrains from alcohol.

No outburst, please guys. Hate it when that happens in the bar.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Runk nods in understanding of Bethanas news and even gives her a bit of a smile. Afterwords he says, "Seems all the rest were at the cutter fort. Go see our druid friend then? Maybe pickup some gear first?"

"Humm...druid mentioned four longshanks. Ones the girlfriend...one had a bow, probably that coward brother. Wonder who the other two are. Maybe go see brother dearest again."

An evil smile starts to creep over Runks face before it disappears behind a long pull of his mug. He wipes the excess ale from his lips with the back of his sleeve before returning to his meal.


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

DM DAK:

"Yes cousin, excuse me..mayor. I do think that the goblins might still pose a threat. Tsuto is probably in cahoots with someone else. They are probably headquartering at Thistletop, perhaps you could have Miss Shalelu check that out further. If you would like, I will go and speak to the priest and see what he thinks and if a ritual of cleansing is in order I will gladly go and assist him."


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Blake:
The mayor shakes her head "No need for the formality when it is just the two of us. I know Shalelu had mentioned scouting out some of the goblin camps around the area but I'm not sure if she will make her way to Thistletop or not. The sheriff should be returning in a couple days and it seems like most of the town has already moved on from the raid, I truelly believe mainly from you and your friends help in stemming how bad it could have been. Check with Father Zantus but then perhaps you can see about the goblins and ensure they won't be raiding us anytime soon?"


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

GM Dak:

"We must protect the town, and those who would travels our roads in and out of town. I will gladly go and investigate the goblin lair further and ensure they do not become a greater threat. I will see if the others will help me, they have proven very helpful in their efforts below against the demon. I will leave in the morning, but first I will go visit Father Zantus." Blake takes his leave and makes his first stop the cathedral.

If you want to RP it out we can, otherwise Blake goes and tells the priest about the pools and his concerns of evil powers below that the church might want to go and sanctify or at least put wards of protection up against. After that I will find the others to see if they will come with me to Thistletop. That we probably should RP in character.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Now the forum is back online, let's get this show on the road. Who cuts the knot and chooses what we are going to do now?
Kesten is not a leader nor a thinker (and he's powersapped), so he'll trail behind, as usual :)

Kesten eats his dinner and has a few glasses of water, before his yawns become too strong and he retreats to the room above.

DM:
I was thinking of having one of his old girlfriends meet him there, with a "Long time no see" kinda thing. Do you mind?


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

When the dishes are cleaned and dried, Ethan quietly leaves the kitchen through the kitchen door. He makes his way down the street quietly observing the goings on of the people of Sandpoint. Whenever he sees someone in need of assistance, he stops and aids them with the task to the best of his ability.

I am trying, Erastil. Please see that I am trying.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Blake:
The mayor bids you farewell as you head out and thanks you for all the assistance.

If you are ok skipping the RP with the priest I am ok as well and will assume you did what you stated :)

Kesten:
No problem here

Ethan:
As you are walking down the streets you hear a horrifing scream of a woman from one of the nearby buildings. As the door bursts open and a woman runs out into the street holding onto a baby and a young boy with bloody arms. She spots you and yells "Help, please!"


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

GM:

Ethan moves quickly to the woman. He looks her and the children over, trying to determine if any of them are the source of the blood.

Heal Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

"What has happend?" he asks the woman, trying to remain calm. "Let me help you."


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

After reporting in with the mayor, and then a stop by the church, Blake now feels ready to join his friends and see if he can convince them to help with his promise to Kendra. He heads towards the Rusty Dragon, but keeps an eye out for Ziz, knowing the call of the game tables will sooner or later pull him away from Ameiko's good cooking.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Runk spends most of his afternoon taking it easy at the Rusty Dragon. Sitting back with his crossed feet on the table he lets his mind wander over the details of recent events as he watches people come and go from the tavern. When Blake arrives in the common room the halfing takes his feet off the table, causing the front legs of his chair to hit the ground with a solid thump.

"What's the word?"


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Ethan:
Checking out the woman and her children you see that the boy does in fact have some wounds on his arm. At your question the woman starts "Thank you! My husband, there was a goblin in the house. It was.... eating my poor boys arm. He went after it and I ran for help! Please can you do anything?"


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

"Father Zantus, from the church, is going to look into consecrating those evil shrines below." Blake takes a seat and signals that he would like a plate of food and then continues speaking to Runk, "I want to say thank you. I know you have not been in town long, but we certainly are lucky you were here. Not only when the goblins raided, but everything you have done since...putting your life on the line for townsfolk you hardly know. Thanks." Blake can tell by the look Runk is giving him that the halfling knows there is more. "I have pledged to they mayor, that I would go back out to the Thistletop lair and get to the bottom of what ever it is they are up to. I was hoping you would come with me. Kesten, you too. Like Runk here you have risked death for my home and I am grateful. When I find Ziz and Ethan I hope they will join us. There is more going on then some rambunctious goblins braving up to attack the town and I mean to put a stop to it. Can I count on you? We would leave first thing in the morning."


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Gm Dak:

Ethan removes his wand and touches the boy with it.

Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 (43 charges remain)

He then touches the mother with Erastil's power, calming her emotions (Domain Power: Calming Touch)

"Please go find the Sheriff or the nearest guardsman. I will go inside and deal with the goblin."

He stows the wand and draws his club. Whispering a prayer under his breath, he enters the house.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

As has been the case before Runks is visibly uncomfortable receiving Blakes thanks.

Seemingly out of reflex he asks, "Some kinda reward in it?" Before Blake can answer however the halflings gaze drifts over to Bethanas and he mutters, "Nevermind. Let's go see Tsuto. An' where can we hire some labor?"


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

"Let me finish my meal then we can go and interrogate that scum. I suppose there are any number of people for hire here in town, what kind of labor are you looking to have done?"


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

"Get those passages clear while we kill biters."


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

GM Dak:

Ethan cautiously enters the home, club in hand.

He scans the room for signs of where the goblin might be hiding.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Ethan:
Heading inside you find it oddly quite. You take your time going through the rooms until you come to what looks like the childrens bedroom. The house looked normal until you reached this room. A dog lies on the floor, dead an obvious stab wound to it's head. There is a also a man laying on the floor face down, his head and part of his upper body down in a hole in the floor boards under a closet.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

GM Dak:

Ethan enters the room cautiously. As he approaches the prone man, he nudges his leg with a foot. "Are you all right, sir?" he asks, while watching the body carefully for signs of life.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Healing, untrained: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

"I think the priest will take care of that from here, that mayor is aware I went and spoke to him." Blake eats the food brought and washes down with a stout Two Knight brew. Once finished he says, "Shall we go and see what Tsuto has to say? Then we can find Ethan and Ziz and see if they are willing to go out and check out the goblin hideout."


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Runk shakes his head at Blakes misunderstanding, "`s our claim. Grunts move rocks then we find out what else is down there."

At the suggestion to go see Tsuto he takes one more large swig of ale, burps mightily and then hops off his seat and heads to the door with Blake. "Maybe find the preacher first. Has a way with words."


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

"All right then, lets see if we can find Ethan and Ziz while were at it and then we can go and press Tsuto to tell us all he knows."

Going to seek out the rest of the group.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Just as they reach the door Runk pauses and doubles back heading up to the inns rooms. Making his way to one of the doors he leans his head close and, hearing light snoring from the other side, tries the handle. The unlocked door opens smoothly.

"Figures." he thinks to himself passing through the threshold with all the sound of an owls moonlight shadow over a fresh snow. Walking to the bed he gazes at Kestens huddled, sleeping figure. In the quiet room he can hear the man muttering in his sleep. Leaning in to listen more closely the halfling jumps when a book on the nearby table falls to the ground. Narrowed eyes darting about he slowly reaches over and grabs the spear leaning on the wall and pokes the prone figure with it.

"`Ey, get up princess"


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Ethan:
You are pretty sure the man is dead. You do not see anything else of danger in the room.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

GM Dak:

Ethan kneels beside the body pulls it from the hole in the floor. He turns the body over and examines its injuries. He then bows his head and offers a prayer to Erastil for his passing.

Elk Father, this man was a husband, a father, and a provider. He died protecting his wife and child. Whatever transgressions he may have committed in life, may his sacrifice serve as atonement. Please watch over his widow and children, and fill the hearts of the people of Sandoint with compassion for their plight.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Ethan:
You pull the body back and turn it over to find his throat has been cut and the flesh of his face and upper torso eaten away. Almost as soon as you finish your prayer you hear a shriek and a goblin jumps out of the hole to attack.

Int-E: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Int-G: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

The goblin slices at Ethan with his dagger.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

It slides off Ethans armor almost striking true.

Round 1
Goblin, >Ethan


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

GM Dak:

Ethan swings at the creature with his club.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Ethan:
It dodges the blow and returns with another jab of the dagger.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Again it misses as it seems a bit crazed as it licks it's lips looking between you and the corpse.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

GM Dak:

Ethan takes another swing at the foul creature.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Ethan:
As the goblin comes in for another swing you smack him in the chest. It doesn't seem to deter him too much though.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Although it does appear to have offset his balance as he completely misses you with his dagger.

As Blake is on his way outside to find the others a woman comes running up with two children "Please help! One of your companions he said to go find help and I thought your group would be better than any of the guards."

The young boy has dried blood all over his arm and sleeves but you see no visible injruies.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Runk:

The prone figure jumps up as Runk pokes it, although it is not who Runk has in mind. A girl sits up straight, looking at you with some wonder in her eyes.

Picture

"Who... Who are you?" she says, the tone of her voice showing some small amount of discomfort and maybe even fear. She looks at the spear Runk is holding, and then pushes someone lying behind her.
"Someone is stealing your spear, Kess." she says while keeping her eyes on the halfling.

Kesten sits up straight with astounding speed, his eyes blurry but his fists crackling with electricity.
"How dare you enter my room! You will pay for this wi..." he shouts, stopping when he finally recognizes the little one.

"Runk, damn it! Haven't you heard about this thing called knocking?"


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Kesten:
The sight of the unexpected woman freezes the halfling in place as surely as if a dragon had risen from the bed. Able to do little more than blink Runks stands there quite struck. Then an odd snorting sound issues forth followed by a second and third until rogues is practically giggling. Tossing the spear to the side he turns around and exits the room, the sounds of his mirth fading as he moves down the hall.

Nice surprise guest :)

When he reaches the common room he wipes his eyes a bit and regains his composure.

"Hope grandma turned in early." The thought threatens to send him back into a fit but he manages to stifle it when he notices Blake is standing in the open doorway talking with someone. Curious he makes his way over to investigate.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

GM Dak:

Ethan swings at the goblin again, trying to smash it.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 2 = 11


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Runk:
Yeah, I figured you would find it amusing. Funny thing is that I had just asked our DM about it. :D

When Runk leaves, Kesten shouts after him: "Any reason you came into my room, little one?"


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Kesten:

"Headin' out" he calls back from the hall.


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

"RUNK, SOMEONE IS IN TROUBLE!" Blake shouts back through the Inn's door. Turning to the women, "Quick show me the way.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Kesten jumps up in his bed.
"Sorry, gotta run. See you tonight?" he asks, while putting on his pants and grabbing his spear.

Upon arrival downstairs, he sees the door closing.

"Which way did they go?" he asks the innkeeper or his wife.

How many rounds do I lose for pants and spear?


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

"Ain't someone always?" Despite the ambivalence of his thoughts the halfling puts a bit more haste behind his step and reaches the inns doorway. When he gets there he raises an eyebrow at the blood covered child. Seeing Blake is ready to rush off he holds his question until they start moving, "Who sent ya and what's goin' on?"


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Ethan:
You smack the goblin square in the head with your mace dropping it to the ground. It twitches for a few moments before it stops moving forever.

The woman leads you a few blocks away to her home. At the halflings question the woman replies "One of the other heroes of Sandpoint, he had a bow. He went in to check on things and told me to find more help." Upon arriving at the home you see the front door is open and you don't hear any noise from inside.

Kesten:
[ooc]Puts you a round behind Blake and Runk


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

GM Dak:

Ethan strikes the goblin once more to make certain that it is dead. Seeing that it does not move, he reaches down and searches the creature, looking for anything that might give a clue to its motivations.


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Drawing his blade, Blake advances on the front door, "Ethan...Ethan are you in there?"


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Ethan:
There is little on the goblin other than his armor and a dagger.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

GM Dak:

Ethan moves to the hole in the floor and squats cautiously beside it, club raised, and peers down into it.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Hanging back near the woman but keeping his eyes on Blake Runks asks, "Check on what? Who's blood?" as he draws his blades.

Sense Motive on her response: 1d20 ⇒ 11


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Kesten arrives, wearing only his pants and carrying only his spear, about 30 seconds too late. He's out of breath.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Ethan:
You see the remains of a number of, what looks like, eaten rodent corpses, some junk and not much else.

She shakes her head a little confused by all the questions "My husband..."

Runk:
She is a little hard to read.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

GM Dak:

Ethan removes a blanket from the bed, and places it over the man's body.

He grabs the goblin corpse by the ankle and drags it from the room, down the stairs, and out the front door.

1,501 to 1,550 of 2,029 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - RotRL AE (Group 1) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.