GM Dak - RotRL AE (Group 1) (Inactive)

Game Master Dakcenturi

ROLL20 LINK


1,851 to 1,900 of 2,029 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

Zizou's head spins around as he watches Kesten and Blake flee in opposite directions, but the flying dog brings him back to the task at hand as he tears into his arm. "Ahhh!"

He steps away and tries to cast another spell, but the pain in his arm combined with the weight of his studded leather causes him to falter as he makes his mystic gestures, and nothing happens. Only the slightest widening of his eyes belies the panic the gambler feels inside.

5-ft step.
ASF <16 fails: 1d100 ⇒ 14


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Feeling Erastil's protection sourrounding him, Ethan calmly draws back his bow and looses an arrow at the hound nearest Runk.

Point-blank, precise shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Man, this dice-roller hates me.

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 16

Ethan Sower wrote:
Man, this dice-roller hates me.

You and me both :P


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Runk stabs the dog and it seems to be a solid hit, but the blade doesn't even appear to pierce its hide. Ziz attempts to tap into her arcane powers but the lingering effect of the dogs vicious bite leaves her to shaken to complete the ritual. Ethan finds similar results, taking aim with his bow and firing the arrow sails over the dogs head and lands on the other side of the room. Blake, no longer in sight of the others continues to flee the horrors the dogs barks instilled in him. Kesten seeing a nearby door, throws it open also trying to escape the room and the horrible dogs of his fears, running into a hallway and disappearing from sight of the group.

???: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

The one dog continues to struggle against the net unable to escape from its bonds. While the other dog bears down on Ziz to finsih the job.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 = 14

It bites into Ziz and tears away some flesh as the gnome grasps onto the wound before collapsing to the floor.

Round 4
Blake, Kesten, Enemy, >Ziz, Runk, Ethan

Yeah the dice roller is being really lopsided in this game and not in the parties favor...


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

How high is the ceiling in the hall?


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Ethan channels Erastil's power, again shaping around and away from the hounds, allowing it to flow over Ziz's bloody body. Selective Channel - excluding the yeth hounds.

Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

Stabilize (before Ethan's turn): 1d20 + 2 - 8 ⇒ (19) + 2 - 8 = 13

HP -6 +5 = -1 stable

I've been having a great run with the die roller lately with all my characters. Doesn't always matter, though, when things have resistances, and multiple +7 attacks.


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

sometimes the best action is a stratigic retreat. Come back at them with our ears plugged.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The ceiling in this room is about 20 ft high. The rest of the areas you have been in are closer to 10 ft.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Runk growls in frustration at his inability to damage the creature.

When it bites into Ziz he mutters, "Not going well."

Considering his options he make a quick step to get under the dog and strikes up at it.

"Keep shooting" he barks at Ethan and then yells, "Princess! Get back here!"

Attack on the defensive: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 4 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The attack misses but he doesn't seem to much care, his efforts more focused on keeping it's attention and avoiding it's return attacks.

AC 23

Sense Motive get a feel for if it seems the dog can understand him: 1d20 ⇒ 1


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Thought of this?
If you have 3 or more ranks in Acrobatics, you gain a +3 dodge bonus to AC when fighting defensively instead of the usual +2, and a +6 dodge bonus to AC when taking the total defense action instead of the usual +4.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Runk attempts to stab up at the dog, but with not as many threats the beast is easily able to avoid the blow. Ethan calls on the divine powers of his god once again, healing some of Ziz's wounds, at least stopping the bleeding, but he remains unconcious on the floor.

In the direction Kesten went you hear another door fly open and crash into a wall and footsteps moving away from the group.

Kesten:
Not knowing where the other doors lead I think you would be content to cower here, at least out of the room from the dogs

The one dog continues to attempt to free itself while the other turns it's attention toward Runk.

???: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Finally the one dog manages to slip out of the entangling net as it falls to the floor.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Though the other dog isn't quite able to get a piece of Runk as the halfling works harder than usual to keep himself defended.

Just a side note Kesten/Blake will be out of their panicked state after next round.

Round 5
Blake, Kesten, Enemy, >Ziz, Runk, Ethan


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Ethan looses another arrow at one of the hounds.

Point blank, precise shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Finally!


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Nice shot, which hound? Injured or not injured?


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

As soon as Blake is clear minded again he will turn and run back to help his friends as fast as he can. Just let me know what round he can reenter the action and the square he ends up in the round prior.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Injured. Maybe I'll get lucky again.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Still here, following :)


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Ok, Ziz is still out just need Runks


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

heh was hoping the dog might fall out of the sky :)

Runk huffs when he sees the second dog finally free itself and continues to back his way towards the door. He stabs at the dog but continuing to stay on the defensive.

Attack on defensive: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 4 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The blade catches the fiend in the belly but just slides across it's hide.

AC = 23


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Ethan takes a sh ot at the injured dog, the arrow finds an open wound and digs in deeper dropping the large beast to the ground with a solid thud. Runk stabs into the other dog but the blad doesn't even penetrate the skin.

The remaining dog snarls and continues it's efforts to bite into the little halfling.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Still Runk manages to avoid the dogs attempts to bite him.

Round 6
Enemy, >Ziz, Runk, Ethan, Blake, Kesten

Just moved Blake and Kesten to the end of Init on this round. You can both make your way back Blake if you actually double moved out from the downstairs area you would take 3 rounds to get back. However, the panicked rules just say you flee any dangers so I have no problem with you cowering in the main room you are in (not wanting to risk running into the goblins upstairs) since there you aren't around any further threats


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

"That's a start." Runk thinks as the first hound falls to the ground.

Again he stabs up at the dog hoping for a lucky hit and then steps back to try and draw it away from Ziz.

Attack on the defensive: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 4 = 13
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Attack and then five foot step back. AC 23


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Ethan turns his attention to the remaining hound. He draws and looses another arrow.

Point blank, precise shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Kesten/Blake?


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

We run? :-p
You can bot me while scared, probably easiest.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

I think you're back in action as of this round


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Correct you are both no longer panicked.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

I guess we run back. How long does it take for me to run back?


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

For you and Blake both (assuming he stoped somewhere out in the main entry way where he currently is) you should both be back in the room after about a full round of movement.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Kesten runs back as fast as he can, only stopping when he sees one of his allies. Or the monstruous creatures that scared the hell out of him... ...


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Mortified at himself for running and for being frightened of what now seems a harmless dog bark, Blake rushes back to aid his friends.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Kesten and Blake run back to the room to find Ethan and Runk having little luck with the foul beast. Who continues to try and bite into the halfling.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Still the nimble RUnk manages to avoid the dog as it comes in for a bite.

Round 7
Enemy, >Ziz, Runk, Ethan, Blake, Kesten


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Ethan draws back and looses another arrow at the remaining hound.

Point-blank, precise shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Seeing his companions return Runk complains, "`bout time. Kill this thing."

Attack on defensive: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 4 = 9
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

AC 23


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Move Action Pick up weapon, 5' step, Standard Action attack dog

Stooping down Blake retrieves his arcane infused ranseur, with a swift step he comes along side Runk and thrusts at the hound. "My apologies mister Runk, I do not know what came over me."

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3) + 3 = 9


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

"Bloody thing!!" Kesten seems to shout with the voice of another, much older and stronger than he is.

The wind sweeps up around him, and in the entire room dust starts flying in the direction Kesten is looking.

"Nobody scares Gorman!" he spits while a shaft of pure white lightning fills the room up.

Lightning Breath:
3d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 4) = 10 electricity damage, 30 feet line, 1/day, DC 14 Ref half


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Cognizant of his own recent bout with mind gripping fear Runk replies only, "Happens.."


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Ethan places another well aimed shot into the dog, though the arrow does not go very deep. Runk continues his attempts to attack the dog, at least keeping it distracted from the others for the moment. Kesten in an odd display spits out lightning from his mouth which washes over the beast.

Ref: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

It avoids the worst of it and what does hit him just crackles over his skin, not leaving behind a trace of ever hitting him in the first place. Blake stabs into the dog drawing some blood, but not as much as would be expected.

The dog turns it's attention now to Blake the closest to do it any harm. It flies up to keep out of Runks reach as it moves to attack Blake.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 3) + 4 = 12

It bites into Blake ripping away some flesh, dropping the man to the ground.

Blake you would get an AoO, Kesten you would as well but I don't believe you have a weapon equipped.

Round 8
Enemy, >Ziz, Runk, Ethan, Blake, Kesten


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Ethan calls upon Erastil again sending out a wave of healing.

Channel Energy (excluding hound): 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Runk frown at the hound that now flies out of reach. Looking down he sees the net that the creature so recently escaped from and desides an old idea is better than no idea. Picking it up and attempts to reensnare the creature.

RT Attack w/unraveled and proficency penalty: 1d20 + 7 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 4 - 4 = 9


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Dmg: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 = 5

Hp after Ethan's spell : 1


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Still need Ziz (who is now concious again after that second channel), Kesten and Blake for this round.


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

Zizou wakes up, and looks around quickly to see that everyone is back. Then he spots the flying dog still up. He crawls away from it before he stands up, trying to think of something he can do to damage it.

Move action to crawl 5'; move action to stand.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

I want to spend my entire round picking up my spear and in the end standing in a spot that threatens so that Runk can flank. Is that possible, DM? Don't remember where I lost my spear.
Also, my curse might make it farther away.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Heh, we need to buy you a dagger :)


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Ethan calls upon the powers of his god once again as a wave of healing energy washes over the group, snapping Ziz back to conciousness. Runk gathers the net and tosses it at the other dog, but without it being bundled properly it is to difficult to weild and simply misses the beast. Ethan stabs into the flying dog as it moves in closer but his weapon doesn't even seem to penetrate the things thick hide. Kesten moves to get his spear and picks it up once again. Blake lies on the floor just brought back to conciousness again as the deadly dog turns his attention toward the archer who has hit him multiple times.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Moving toward Ethan the dog attempts to bite him, but Ethan manages to narrowly avoid the canines maw.

Round 8
Enemy, >Ziz, Runk, Ethan, Blake, Kesten


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Is he 10' up or 5' up at this point? I wasn't sure if he was in the hall or still in the chamber.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

I have protection from evil active. The hound shouldn't be able to attack me.

Point-blank, Precise shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Oops. Wrong die for damage. Thanks for noticing it, Runk.

Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

He is in the hall which would put him only 5 ft up


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Ethan could you 5' step back one? That might give Runk and Kesten room to flank.

1,851 to 1,900 of 2,029 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - RotRL AE (Group 1) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.