GM Dak - RotRL AE (Group 1) (Inactive)

Game Master Dakcenturi

ROLL20 LINK


1,551 to 1,600 of 2,029 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

A few moments after Blake calls out into the home Ethan comes out dragging a dead goblin behind him.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Ethan slings the goblin corpse into the street.

"This," he says, gesturing to the dead goblin, "was living under the floorboards of the house. The man who lived here gave his life protecting his family from it." Ethan gives the woman and child a look of sympathy. "His body is upstairs. I shrouded his remains and said a prayer for his soul."

"I am sorry for your loss," he says to the woman and child.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

"Huh." the halfling says, sheathing his blades. Walking over to the goblin he searches the corpse.

T10 : 17

Afterwards he wanders into the house while Ethan consoles the woman and looks for the creatures lair to search as well.


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Painful memories wash over Blake as he recalls the exact moment he learned of his own fathers violent death. He looks at the bewildered, confused boy and kneels down close to him. "I know your pain, nothing can bring your Da back. Nothing will ever make if feel right. Just know that he was a brave, brave man and that you can grow up to do great things because of his sacrifice today. By Abadar, I Blake Deverin, swear to you this day. These goblins are a plague and under my will they shall come to justice. What is your name, son?"


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The woman begins crying and kneels down clutching onto her baby. The small boy still obviously in shock of the whole ordeal listens to Blake's words and simply says "Aeren"

Runk:
Aside from a dagger and the crude armor the goblin has nothing else.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Ethan gently lifts the woman to her feet and supports her as she weeps.

"Weep as long as you need. I will hold you up, so you do not have to lie in the street."


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

"That is a strong name Aeren, can you be strong for you Ma?"

How old is the boy?


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The woman nods a thanks to Ethan and wipes her tears away. "Thank you for the aid. I... I should see to my husband and speak with Father Zantus." After a moment she gathers herself and motions for her son to follow.

The boy nods to Blakes question and, once again, simply says "8"


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

Gambling: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23
Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Meanwhile, Zizou's night is no less exciting (okay, maybe a bit less exciting) at the card tables. Of course, you wouldn't know by looking at him, his face as still as granite.

Still here, I'm good with Zizou being elsewhere - work's been super-busy lately.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Ethan watches the woman go.

"May Dead-Eye watch over you and your offspring," he says softly, touching the wooden symbol at his neck.

"There is not much else we can do here," he says, turning to Blake. "Have there been any other incidents?"


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Back!!

Kesten sees the scene, and decides this might not be the best time and place for him to disturb. He walks back, after nodding at the halfling and pointing with his spear towards the inn.

But which spear? :p


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Blake pulls five gold coins from his pouch and hands them to the boy before he leaves, "Use this to help your mother, if you need anything come find me." He watches the family leave and turns to Ethan, "No other incidents that I know of, but we should check with the guard. We were going to interrogate Tsuto, we can check on that and see what all he knows.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Ethan nods. "Perhaps it is time to confront Tsuto again. We cannot allow this to continue," he says, gesturing to the dead goblin.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Kesten still here, just checking in to poke the unconscious body, making sure it's still breathing :)


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Once it is decided you gather up and head off to the garrison. Upon requesting access to the prisoner, Tsuto you are shown back to the cell where you had left him previously.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

"Has he said anything?" Ethan asks the constable.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The guard shrugs "Just babbling about how this town doesn't deserve to exist and how it is going to be wiped off the maps. The ramblings of a desperate, mad man it sounds to me."


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Ethan nods and approaches Tsuto's cell.

"How are you feeling today, Tsuto?" he asks in a gentle voice.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Tsuto simply glares at you and doesn't respond.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

"Ahh, brooding silence. What I find interesting about that tactic is that, to be effective, one has to be more patient and resolute than the other person. What's also interesting is that it is the preferred method of spoiled children. Can I expect that you will commence holding your breath until I leave? No matter, from the evidence we uncovered below, you were more than likely just a gullible rube, easily manipulated. You were never truly part of her plans."

Diplomacy (trying to goad into a confession): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

"Ha, you know nothing! I am the one who devised the plans to attack this pitiful town. I am the one who destroyed my father and brought to him the retribution he so fittingly deserved. I am the one that she loves and your futile attempts to stop us won't mean much once the next stages of the plan unfold! You know nothing, you nobody. You got lucky with your friends to even capture me, but once I am free of this place you will regret your taunting!"

He glares as you all with hatred in his eyes.


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

"You? Really, Tsuto? From what I have heard, you could not even help your sister manage the Rusty Dragon. The consensus of the people of Sandpoint is that you are a shiftless layabout, with neither talent nor work ethic. How am I to belive your boasting? There is no way you could have come up with such a plan. You simply aren't smart enough. Nothing you have yet said proves otherwise."

Ethan fixes Tsuto with a condescending expression.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Runk pulls a stool to where he can sit and lean back against a wall without impinging on Ethans presence. When Tsuto mentions the parties luck in capturing him the halfling brushes the imps wings, still dangling from his belt, with his elbow. "Aye just luck." he mutters disinterestedly to himself but loud enough to be overheard.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The half elf huffs "Ha. You know nothing. You or the guards or someone no doubt has my journal. Those were my plans! I'm sure you've snooped through it. Everything would have worked too if hadn't been for you and your meddling friends."

He shrugs "It makes no difference. They will come for me soon and then you will see how smart I can be..."


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

"If they come for you, how do you know that it will be a rescue? They could very well come to punish you for your failure."


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

He shakes his head and starts to laugh "You know nothing. This waste of space town will be gone one day soon and then you'll see how foolish you have been to doubt me."


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Kesten is not present, but wanted to let you all know I am checking this daily :)


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

"What will you inherit from its destruction? The tiny demon, the goblins, the twisted beings that stalked below the glassworks; all of them were capable only of destruction and corruption. When you have wiped Sandpoint from the face of Golarion, what will take its place? These fiends had no interest in creating anything of worth. Whatever you have been promised, the only reward you will receive in this world is ash. In the world beyond you will receive even less. Your once-precious soul will be left a twisted, putrid, tortured mockery of its former purity. You will suffer unimaginable agony."

Ethan pauses a moment, hoping his words will get through to the man.

"Tsuto, repent of your deeds. Renounce whatever allegiance you have declared with these abominations. If you know as much as you claim, then you can put a stop to the violence and death. It is not too late to turn from this path."


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Blake eyes his old tormentor sitting in the cell arguing back with Ethan. He recalls Tsuto and his brother teasing, taunting, and hurting him all those years ago. Blake thinks it is no coincidence that behind bars is where Tsuto ends up, but Adler had always been the master mind to of the duos torments at Blakes expense. Swallowing past hurts, to summon up some courage Blake steps forward and speaks, "It has been a long time Tsuto, but you have not changed a bit. Still trying to assert your power over those you perceive as weak, but Alder is not here to tell you how to do it is he? You always had the attitude, but laced the brains. Tell us who you are following around these days, the girl? Is it Nualia? If so how can that be....how did she survive the fire?"


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

I don't recall if any of us is carrying the journal at the moment.

"In your journal, you admit to stealing the remains of the priest from the cemetary to be used as part of a 'cleansing' ritual for this Nualia. You imply that the deaths of the people of Sandpoint will complete her transformation into a succubus. You seem to believe, once she has transformed, that she will be yours. You obviously spend a great deal of time fantasizing about her on a carnal level. Has it not occurred to you that demons are incapable of love? Will she grant you the access to her physical charms? Certainly. She will pull you around by the lust in your heart like a marionnette. She will have you dance to whatever tune she plays. She will not love you, because it will not be in her nature to do so. She will use you up, drain the very life from you, and discard the husk that remains. In the meantime, you will be a means to her end. She will gain the power she craves, the relesae of this....Melfeshakor, was it?...and the destruction and death that her kind revel in."

Ethan shakes his head sadly.

"I pity you, Tsuto. You must know by now that she has played you for a fool, and yet you are too prideful, too full of anger and rage toward those you believe have wronged you to admit it. It is not too late to step away from the precipice."


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Tsuto shakes his head and huffs "You're all fools and soon to be dead men. I have nothing more to say to dead men."

With that he turns his back to you all.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Runk hops up with a bit of disgust. Saying, "Bah, flunky knows nothing. Waste of time." before exiting the building.

Once outside he looks to the group and half states, half asks, "Time ta gut some Cutters?"


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

When everyone gathers up at the inn, Kesten is just coming back down from his room. Giving Runk a look of understanding, he goes to get a cup of whatever the innkeeper had prepared for breakfast servings.

"What's the plan, friends? Got anything out of tha bastard Tsuto?"


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

"He has set his course with fanatical certitude. He offered nothing more but dire predictions of our deaths, and the destruction of all Sandpoint. We know the goblins of Thistle top are involved, and the 'long shanks'. Perhaps it is time to confront them."


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

"Agreed, we should get some rest and then leave overnight. Approach them before dawn and take them by surprise."


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

How long a ride and march was it? Could we leave now and get there during the day?


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

It is a couple hours and then however long it takes you to find the place through the woods. You should be able to make it while there is still some day left.


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

We need to rest, recoup spells and such. Thats why I suggest we sleep and go very early to get them before dawn. Even with some day left, they will probably be more alert and we are weaker with out a full spell arsenal if we head out right now.


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

As the dusk begins to settle, Zizouket collects his winnings and stands from the card tables. "Excuse me, gentlemen. I need to see about finding some food."

He heads over to the Rusty Dragon to have a meal and an ale, and look for his companions to find out what the plan is. He's shocked to hear how much transpired while he was at the card tables.

"I'd offer to try to question Tsuto myself, but elves never fall for charm spells."


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

So are we going to go now, or rest and regain spell first. I vote for rest so I can memorize new different spells and get uses per day back on my magus arcane pool.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Kesten is 'sleeping' in his room, so unless you get him, he's going for the "rest and regain spells" option ^^


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sounds like a rest and then head out in the morning?


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Works for me.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

That's fine with me as well

Runk kicks around the town a bit keeping his eyes open both for threats and to gain a sense of the towns ebb and flow. After a time he makes his way back to the Dragon and settles for the night.

In the morning he rises and fetches the groups mounts as well as once again hiring a hand to mind them while party travels to the goblins hold.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Of course, only now do I read the gameplay thread :p

Kesten's head is filled with cobwebs as he walks down the stairs. His eyes are closed most of the time, and you can tell he's not had much sleep. When he reaches the bottom of the stairs, you can hear him mumbling against himself, before stubbing his toe on one of the tables.

"Mhmmm" is all he manages to grumble before taking some stew from above the fireplace, and sitting down. He eats it all, but doesn't seem to wake much.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

The ride to the woods was uneventful but for some reason seemed to take much longer than it truly did. Perhaps it was the familiarity of the path or the anxious tension floating about the group. Whatever the cause the journey of a few hours seemed to drag on for weeks and Runk was well pleased when they finally arrived at their destination.


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Blake awakes refreshed and ready. Once he breaks his fast, and meditates, he heads out to join the others. Like Runk he is pleased the northward trek is over.

"Runk, can you lead us back through the woods to the goblin lair?"


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Thanks for the intro Runk :P. Just need a survival check from anyone trying to find the way back


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Runk hops down from his pony and stretches a bit to loosen up saddle sore muscles. He hands the reigns to Tomas and quietly says, "Stay safe, head back `fore dark."

With that he nods to Blake, takes out his daggers and sets out.

Survival T10=15


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

Aid another survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Zizouket follows Runk's lead toward the clearing, only once chiming in with some advice at a fork in the path. "I think you scouted that direction a bit last time, but you took us this way instead."

101 to 150 of 2,029 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - RotRL AE (Group 1) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
101 to 150 of 814 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Yeah the character looks good. The party is partially separated now, some in the tavern and others in their own abodes.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Apparently the locals are all light weights. I think the sun was still up when they headed to bed. ;)


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

Nah, we just don't go to the touristy places like the Rusty Dragon. :)


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Somewhere during the current tavern scene I thought to myself "How come Ziz isn't popping in?". Then I remembered your earlier post about heading to bed...doh.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

There, have fun Runk/Horatius/Olik.

Runk:
Btw, I uses "Olik Vogenson" as one of two foreign animal traders in my Kingmaker yesterday. Everyone was amazed how fast I could think of a name, as opposed to a lot of "eeuuhhh" when i usually have to introduce a character that I had not prepared :P

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Ulfen) Bard (Savage Skald) 3 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | HP 24/27 | F +3 R +4 W +4 | Init +1, Perc +7 | BP - 17/17 rnd | Spells : 4/4 1st

It's funny I was thinking about just writing about Runk seeing Kesten enter the bar and had the thought of a mug falling from the bar near him. :) I like the touch of it getting pushed under our table.

As a side note we're in the Rusty Dragon :)

Kesten:

Heh that's great. I'm glad Olik is now internationally famous :). I originally had a Norse Barbarian Vogen (can't recall his last name at the moment) who I had a lot of fun playing for a bit. He was eventually killed by a dire wolf (disagreement on how AoO work ;). When I made a bard for a later session/campaign I thought I'd carry his name on. Olik was chosen as it's a real name but also an anagram for Loki (referenced more for his appearances as a clever supporting traveling companion than for his later and more modern evil persona). He was less burly than Oliks current incarnation but I always liked the name.


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

At this point, Zizouket's probably sitting at a table at the Hagfish getting frustrated that people are too busy talking about the attack to focus on playing cards.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Frustrated with the lack of focus on the game Zizouket decided to <retcon>grab his friend Blake and see how the competition was at the Rusty Dragon before </retcon> sleep. :)

I imagine we'll be done yakking soon anyway...


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Just reading up a bit, and I believe I have found a mistake: You cannot charge in a surprise round. Something about not being 'limited' to a standard action, just 'only having' a standard action.

Sorry, i'm a heckler for rules. Luckily, I only love the "DM says so", so if it's a problem, let me know! :)

Also: Can someone inform me about the "rotrl" and the "pfs" thing? Do things have something to do with eachother? I thought this was a 'regular' pbp? Not that I would mind, just checking :D


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

You can charge in the surprise round but only your move speed and can't draw a weapon unless you have "quick draw". Charge rules, bottom of the Movement during a Charge section.

As to the PFS part, I believe there are parts of RotRL that are PFS eligible so you can get credit for playing them and apply them to another character (or something to that effect).


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

RotRL is just an abbreviation for Rise of the Runelords, this adventure path.

PFS is Pathfinder Society. It is an organized play system. You register your character, and document his or her level advancement, treasure and magic items. The character is the fully and officially portable into any game sanctioned as a Pathfinder Society event without having to argue with the DM about stats or any particular items in the character's possession.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

DERP! And the Rickmeister learned again! :D

I understand rotrl en pfs, but didn't know you could apply credit from the former to the latter. Nice though :)


Male Dwarf Fighter 1 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | HP 12/12 | F +4 R +0 W +0 | Init +0 | Perc +1
Olik Vogenson wrote:
As a side note we're in the Rusty Dragon :)

Y'can drink your fancy ales,

Y'can drink em by the flagon!
But the only brew for the brave and true...
comes from th'rusty dragon!


Male Human Cleric of Erastil 2 l AC 17 T 13 FF 14 l HP 15/15 l F +4 R +2 W +6 l Init +2 l Perc +3 I CMB +0 I CMD 12

Fofin, don't forget to give yourself 3 hit points back, as you were in range when Ethan channeled energy a couple posts ago.


Male Dwarf Fighter 1 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | HP 12/12 | F +4 R +0 W +0 | Init +0 | Perc +1

Oh, awesome! Annnnd thank you good sir!


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

@Kesten Yeah they only recently (maybe 5-6 months ago) started sanctioning Adventure Paths. RotRL was the first and now it includes all the new ones they are coming out with, I believe starting with Shattered Star. Most of the Pathfinder modules are also eligible for PFS credit as well. For some reason they don't list the APs where you can get the other chronicle sheets you have to go to the individual AP page to get them. You can also get chronicles for reading and providing proof of ownership for the Pathfinder Tales novels, these don't give your character XP/Prestige but are more like boon sheets with some 1-time special use mechanic.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

I'm loving the character personalities. Keep it up guys!


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Same here. I cannot wait for Kesten to join you guys again. I assume everyone assumed that Kesten went home, dead drunk, so I'll roll with it I guess :)

Either that, or I'll let him wake up under one of the other tables, since I figure Kesten can't really outdrink a dwarf :P
What say you?


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

I thought he was still at the table Fofin was under. Maybe his oracle powers let him out drink the burly dwarf...or maybe it's because the dwarf starts drinking just after sun up :)

By the way Fofin I like your jingle. I'm picturing the dwarf precariously balanced with one leg on the table and the other on a chair belting it out somewhere around 2 in the morning. :)


Male Dwarf Fighter 1 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | HP 12/12 | F +4 R +0 W +0 | Init +0 | Perc +1
Runk wrote:


By the way Fofin I like your jingle. I'm picturing the dwarf precariously balanced with one leg on the table and the other on a chair belting it out somewhere around 2 in the morning. :)

Oh! I wish it were mine, alas - Merry and Pippin sang such a tune at the Prancing Pony during the Fellowship, although it was celebrating the -Green- Dragon in Hobbiton.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

My apologies in advance for the following statement and images it might burn into your mind.

I think it was the "rushing to the door to beat his mother there" that did it but I now picture Ziz's mother as the character from "Throw Momma from the Train".

"Oh I get it Blake...you take care of my problem and I take care of yours. Criss-cross!"

;)


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |
Runk wrote:

My apologies in advance for the following statement and images it might burn into your mind.

I think it was the "rushing to the door to beat his mother there" that did it but I now picture Ziz's mother as the character from "Throw Momma from the Train".

"Oh I get it Blake...you take care of my problem and I take care of yours. Criss-cross!"

;)

ROFL


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Cool post Fofin.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

I noticed everyone else doing it, so thought I'd chip in.

My name is "Rick", I'm from Flanders in Belgium (top right corner) and I've been playing RPG for about 6-8 years now. Wow, it's become hazy. I'm mostly on the DM side, think it has to do with me being a teacher and wanting to make sure everything runs smoothly (and nobody else being as awesome as me, ofc! :p).

I've played: Mutants and Masterminds, DND 3.5, DND 4th, Pathfinder (duhu), Vampire the Requiem (LRP/tabletop, just as a regular computernerd (Ventrue Carthian) so nothing too strange ^^) and I've even been to a few LARP events (though that has been for the company and the drinks more than the "OMG I R awesome!" part).

Liberty's Edge

Male I don't like to run and I'm not overly competitive Procrastinator 10/Daydreamer 15/Trivia Buff 5

Glad to be gaming with you, Rick. My name is Cullen, I am playing Ethan Sower.

Rather than type it all out again, click on my default alias for my gaming biography.


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

So, does someone have a good reason that Gorham isn't coming? As much as we keep talking about him, I feel like we're just putting extra demands on the GM to come up with a story.

Personally, I was just thinking he'd withdraw from any further civil service.


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

I suppose there are a few easy options :

1. Didn't get an invitation (perhaps he's not favoured in town, wasn't noticed in the chaos of the fight, or the messenger just couldn't find him)

2. Was more injured than we knew and is healing.

3. Celebrated too much and is still passed out somewhere.

4. Got the invitation but chose not to respond (isn't interested, too busy with his studies, etc)

5. Complaints about the summoner class finally reached critical mass and he was sucked into a retcon black hole.

6. (assuming there are multiple groups of invites) Was invited but as part of another grouping.

7. Went off to investigate things on his own/with another group.

As far as roleplay goes our characters don't really have to know the specifics. The out of towners probably wouldn't give it too much thought and depending on how quickly we're swept into the plot even the locals might not have time to really look into it (sending a messenger with a note to let their friend know they're heading off in a hurry or some such).


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2
Runk wrote:
5. Complaints about the summoner class finally reached critical mass and he was sucked into a retcon black hole.

Boy, am I glad I chose the Oracle! :D

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 16

Due to the back stories we created both Blake and Ziz see Gorham as a close friend and his absence is going to be very obvious to them. As a player I know he is not going to be continuing, sad but I understand Real Life take precedence over games any time. As a character Blake needs to role-play his absence otherwise it would be way out of character. Just suddenly ignore a character who was there and is suddenly not, specifically one with a tied character history. As a player I won't push it...ie go try and find him and force him to come along or anything like that. Once a reason is established he isn't with us, Blake will be sufficed.


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0
Kesten wrote:

Perfect. I edited him a bit (let go of inflict light wounds) but think Kesten will do as is. I have no idea how an oracle will play, but I'll try not to be a burden to the party :)

I don't know if anyone of the players wants to know me from long ago, but be sure to tell me.

As far as a reason to be in Sandpoint, I reckoned I could be in town visiting old relatives (and of course arriving in time for the Swallowtail Festival). I have a sister who came to live here with my grandmother and her daughter. I was in town when the attacks occured, and have done my best to aid the guards, and protect my family.

I have been here some years ago aswell, when the villain known as Chopper was found and killed. I left three days before the local chapel burned down. Sherif Belor Hemlock might remember me, but I'm not sure. I am easily forgotten, they say, except for the path of small destruction I leave behind me: mirrors, glasses, shutters in front of old windows...

As always, I have been staying at the Hagfish tavern, as Jargie Quinn once lost a bet and has yet to prove his cooking to be better than my late wife. It's more a way for two old(er) men to get together and swap tales than to cook, but they both enjoy their annual cursing towards eachother as the kettle boils over once again.

Could you add your background story into your character profile...it will be easier for us to find and use to help tell the story. You mention being around for a few months when chopper was active, and prior to the church burning. Chopper is active for a month and then the fire is one or two months after that. My characters father was one of the early victims of the chopper, One of the owners of the Two Knight Brewery. Would you like our characters to have some connection? Either through your family or direct interaction during your visit.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Added it in his profile.

Doesn't really matyter to me, so you can choose. Could be that it's nothing more than that I've seen you lugging some barrels around or something, or maybe we've been drinking buddies?

At least I reckoned your face to be familiar, as well as Zizoukets. Any thoughts? Ziz, you're welcome to join in. :)


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

I am good with that, perhaps we shared drinks one night in the Rusty Dragon after my father was killed. What does your family do in town? It is possible Ziz's mother is employed by them. You would more likely be connected to Ziz since you have a relationship with the Hagfish where he gambles at night.


Male Gnome Sor2/Rgr1 | AC 16 T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Init +2, Perc +7 | Arcane spell failure 15%

Sorry, work's been slammed.

Zizou's already said that he didn't remember Kesten, so while they may have been in the Hagfish at the same time on occasion, they were probably doing other things (Zizou studying the card games, Kesten chatting with Jargie).


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Okay, probably have seen you but not done anything with you. (Sounds dirty)

Also: **poke the DM with a sharpened stick**


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Dak's off with family this week..probably traveling. I'm trying to hold off the shakes until he's back online :)


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

*twitch twitch*

You got it too man? Bummer dude!

*twitch*

Thx! Forgot about that :)


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Back from my travel and into a normal routine so I'll be able to check/post frequently one again. Over the last 48 hours was in 6 states :P


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

...and there was much rejoicing. :)


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2
GM Dak wrote:
Back from my travel and into a normal routine so I'll be able to check/post frequently one again. Over the last 48 hours was in 6 states :P

Show-off! :P


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

Glad you had safe, if eventful, travels. Take your time we will be here.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Guys, I would like to attempt a little shout-out for anyone going to a store that participates in "Free RPG Day".

Our store hasn't received their shipment this year, but I'm dieing to have my hands on "We be goblins too!". So if you would happen to be able to attain such item, twice...
...
...
*doe eyes*


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Don't know that I'll be making a store but you can usually download them from Paizo for free (granted it's not a hard copy).


Male Dwarf Fighter 1 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | HP 12/12 | F +4 R +0 W +0 | Init +0 | Perc +1

Huzzah, he hath returned as the prophecy stateth!


Male Halfling Rogue (Scout) 3 | AC 20 T 17 FF 15 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +8 W +2 (+2 vs fear)| Init +6, Perc +8

Meant to mention in my last post Kesten that I like they way your playing the character. I enjoy the duality between his attempted efforts to project confidence crossed with his inner self questioning.


AC 16 T13 FF13 || Hp 27 || FRW +3/+3/+3 ||Perception +2

Runk:
Your <> you're :p

Thanks! I'm enjoying the quiet Halfling as well, even though i'm used to Olik and Horatius :D

Dwarf = epic, with the sich-e-ashun! You really jog my brain sometimes :-)
Ziz and Blake, hope to get to know "you" better :-)


Male Dwarf Fighter 1 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | HP 12/12 | F +4 R +0 W +0 | Init +0 | Perc +1

Oh, there's another dwarf in one of my games whose dialect is baffling every post. It's hilarious but I thought I'd make Fofin a bit easier to understand. Although I'd like to drag him away from the dwarf stereotype, since this is the first PbP I actually got to play one in, I supposed it wouldn't hurt to go that path for now.


Male Dwarf Fighter 1 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | HP 12/12 | F +4 R +0 W +0 | Init +0 | Perc +1

Improved Initiative is looking like a mighty fine feat to acquire in the future...


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Haha! Yeah it is a pretty core feat. Initiative is king in Pathfinder. It becomes slightly less important in higher levels as it takes longer to kill things, but is still important.


Magus 3 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | HP 25 / 24 | F +4 R +3 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +0

My lap top has bit the dust and I am sharing with the kids until I get something figured out. Might slow down my posting a tad until then. If needed go ahead and DM PC me. I should still be able to get on once a day so I hope it won't affect the thread to much.


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

No worries, shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the heads up though!

101 to 150 of 814 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / GM Dak - RotRL AE (Group 1) Discussion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.