GM Chyro [PFS] Season 1 run. (Inactive)

Game Master Chyrone

Season 1 run with a few others mixed in.
Let's get it on, lvl 1 to lvl 12.


301 to 350 of 7,001 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Egrees, ingress, at least Ala'Ihys didn't accuse the Nazi's of bombing pearl harbor in his speech. Is there a backdoor?

not sure that going through a locked front door in broad daylight is the best idea he leans into the group and asks

shall we look for a back door?

he then looks around the back of the building

perception: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

Toorin looks around the streets for a street vendor who seems to be parked in view of the shop. He suggests we ask if the shop has been closed all day.

He suggests where possible, we let Lord Joseph talk for us as a group, if we are going to inquire as if interested in buying a slave. Ala'Ithys might be able to pull it off, depending on whether worshipers of Saranrae are known to tolerate slavery (seems to be the case because countries where Saranrae worship is strong also tolerate slavery). Elves and dwarves probably would not buy slaves, particularly here, so it might looks suspicious if Toorin or Brallenera asked. Not sure if a Tengu asking to buy a slave would raise suspicion. But a Bard with oratory skills could probably pull it off.

The rest of us can skulk in the background.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Brallenera is silent, and looks around at the slaves ready to be sold.
Sometimes, she clenches her axe harder at the sight of the pain and misery of the slaves.
When you arrive to the place you sought, she is visibly shaken and even in tears.

Awwww, can't understand it, and I simply can't stand it either. My first reaction would be to kill every slaver in sight, to find those hiding to kill them too, and to free every slave. Then I realise that the trouble is slavery is legal, even if it isn't right. I won't even dare to put my worst foe into slavery. I value freedom too much. If I kill every slaver here, other slavers will take their place. If I spend all my gold to buy slaves so I can free them, I just give more money to the slavers so they can buy other slaves, and I don't have enough money to be sure the slaves I bought and liberated can survive on their own. They would starve, and it would be because of me. What would be liberty without food, without family, without hope? There are problems that my axe can't resolve, and it's sometimes too sad, you know. I wish this kind of problem could be solved by a cold, sharp blade powered by red hot anger. But it's not possible. It's not true. Someone gotta pay,someone will pay for all the broken families, for the despair and pain and misery and hopelessness. It won't change anything in this rotten world, the slaves won't get any better for it. I won't feel any better for it.

She brushes her tears away
But I will kill the slavers all the same. For them, it will make a difference. I'll take no prisoners.

Perception for another way in: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

Kravg nods and lays a hand on Brallenera's shoulder.
"Be assured you're not the only one with that view Brallenera. But we need to keep our composure when we are in plain view. When the moment is there we will free any slaves we can."

Kravg looks around as well, particularly interested in the barred windows.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
How does the wall look, easy to climb, rough edges or smooth and quite slippery?


Ongoing

Despite taking time to find an alternative way in, the only entrance seems to be the front door.

@ Kravg, it's high, steep and smooth. The Pits are a platform on it, which would suggest you be a spider to scale it. ^^

Silver Crusade

no other ingress :) in a very public spot one of two choices I think

After looking around the building for a less public entrance Ala'Ihys gathers the pathfinders and proposes an idea

"With the front door being the only entry we have two options. The first, try to pick the lock without anyone seeing us. If we use this idea we will need to provide cover or distraction so no one notices. If someone does notices they will probably run to the authorities who will attempt to detain us. The second option, Bang on the door loudly, calling out the accusations and our intentions loudly and then brake down the door."

at this point he turns and winks at Brallenera and continues

"The crowd will know we are not common criminals but hired employees of nobility searching for a wrongly taken family member, and any who interfere may suffer the wrath of the nobleman."

looking to the team for input he continues

"one idea we take the chance of being accosted by representatives of the law, but with the possibility of maintaining surprise. The second no one should try and stop us, but we give up any element of surprise. Having said that there only appears to be one entrance, so they must get past us whichever we choose."

edit, sorry Toorin, wasn't paying attention, I read your post last night

"Or we can attempt to bluff out way in as purchasers of slaves as Toorin has recommended."

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

To Brallenera: "Believe it or not, this is one things on which we see eye-to-eye," then glancing down at her, "so to speak. If it helps, do not think of our mission as freeing slaves, but as enforcing a law against kidnapping nobility to sell as slaves. Think of this market, instead, as a jewelry store. If we attempt to free slaves, willy-nilly, we will be seen as if we were trying to steal jewels from a jewelry store. Instead, we are detectives, locating a piece of stolen jewelry. If the buyer claims he did not know it was stolen, we must be cautious about killing anyone, since a merchant who buys stolen merchandise without realizing it, can't be prosecuted as a thief."

To Ala'Ithys: "Do we have anyone who could disable that lock? If not, we had best take the high minded route and announce ourselves as representatives of the wrongly enslaved noblewoman."

Sovereign Court

Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4th AC: 20 (T 15, FF 16), HP 19/30, Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +3 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc -2

Sorry I've not been around. Lots of stuff going on :p

"I do not care much for this, but as it is a fellow noble woman I guess we should get on and free her at some point." he states disinterestedly and folding his arms as he looks to his right for a moment.


Ongoing

So....pretense, violence, surprise cameo?

Silver Crusade

time to make a decision

sighing, Ala'Ihys tells the group

"if we are going to lie someone else will need to do the talking, I have taken a vow of 'truth with grace' if we are going to announce ourselves I am willing to do that. But we need to decide now!"

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

Might as well be above board and demand entry in the name of the unjustly enslaved, break down the door, and see what we find.

But before we do that, Toorin, will ask someone who appears to have been stationary near the building for a while, "Excuse me, we need to speak with Pardu Pildapush." He points to the closed building. "Did you see when the building was closed? Was Master Pildapush on the premises or did you see him leave." Toorin will sets a gold piece in his/her reach as he asks.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Let's see what this turns up. If the guy headed somewhere else, there's no point in breaking down his door.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Earlier, the elf joke

Quote:
"Believe it or not, this is one things on which we see eye-to-eye," then glancing down at her, "so to speak

Brallenara was furious at the "short joke"... then it was so funny and unexpected, in such a gloomy setting, that she chuckled, and counter attacked in a more friendly mood than usual.

Awww,it's rare for me to be on the same page as you, cause I don't read so much.


Ongoing

Toorin found a young man in loose clothes, a courier on break maybe. He took the coin with a smile.

"Good day to you sir.
Pildapush's place been closed since early this morning. But he hasn't come out yet, so chances are high he's still inside. Most likely counting his coin or books, not keeping in shape via a walk's for sure."

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

Toorin gives an easy smile at Brallenera's return joke, happy she did not take offense. He tucks the anecdote into his memory as an example of defusing animosity using humor.

After talking to the man, Toorin thanks him and conveys this intelligence to the group. If we are sure there is only one way in, then let's knock loudly a few times and if no one answer the door, let them know where mean to enter with or without permission in an effort to locate an illegally taken aristocrat.

If there are other ways in or out, we should post people where we can see if someone tries to slip away.

Silver Crusade

GM Chyro wrote:

Despite taking time to find an alternative way in, the only entrance seems to be the front door.

@ Kravg, it's high, steep and smooth. The Pits are a platform on it, which would suggest you be a spider to scale it. ^^

well we have chosen not to lie or succumb to breaking and entering, and Brallenera hasn't killed anyone yet, this is going better than I expected.

Ala'Ihys nods at Toorin and walking up to the door he bangs loudly and calls out

We have been dispatched by the Grand Ambassador Dremdhet Salhar, his wife, the Lady Anilah Salhar, was kidnapped and sold into slavery and had been witnessed as being in this place! Open immediately and return her Ladyship to the Grand Ambassador!

not waiting for someone to comply, Ala'Ihys steps back from the door nodding for Brallenera to batter the door down with her axe, he draws his bow and four arrows as he watches the crowd and prepares to enter the building.

perception: 1d20 ⇒ 2 I don't know why I bother. Are any guards coming to stop them?

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

How many of us can work at the same time toward attacking the door? I assume the options are individually trying to damage the door with an edged or bludgeoning weapon, trying to beat the DR of the material or a strength check aided by as many as possible.

How solid a door is it? What is it made of?


Ongoing

I've quickly read this earlier today and it's still making me smile man, nice.
But yes..there's a crowd around you. Question though, how are you holding four arrows for a bow, unless you're this guy on 3:10.

Some of the crowd are murmering at the sudden outburst of shouting. They take a few looks but quickly resume their ways, wanting to avoid whatever argument is potentially to follow.

Perception on door DC 18:

At the banging on the door, there's a voice.
"I'm closed, come back later for.."
At the mention of the name of Lady Anilah, there's a stumbling and something akin to a door or hatch (a wooden object at least) slams and it's quiet.

Ok, here's what's next, when you're still going to bash in the door. You guys can make an attack to damage the door as much as possible in attempt of breaking it down. You then, provided the door is still within its place, all make a stealth check vs a perception check from the crowd, provided you're still bashing it down. Concidering Ala'Ihys declaration, the crowd gets a +2 bonus to the perception roll.

Edit after Toorin's post.
It's a firm solid wooden door.
Hardness 5, 20 HP. Str check DC 23 to break it.

Silver Crusade

using this guy as a guide, also seen here (2:00} as inspirations for the rapid shot. It's more thematic, assuming its ok

so its a stealth check, may as well throw in an aid another to help the dwarf

stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
aid another: 1d20 ⇒ 17

edit: may as well role for a perception

perception: 1d20 ⇒ 11

if the crowd gets unruly, Ala'Ihys will tell them "Stay back! I have and angry Dwarf and I know how to use it!"

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Awww, my yesterday post doesn't show!It has been eaten by Kittens from Outer Space!

Awww, really, I can smash it, Sareanaen? You're too kind... So, this door is all that stand between us and a slaver, honey?

Brallenara looks at the door quietly, admiring the strenght of the walls, trying to fight a solid piece of wood somewhere to use as a ram

Sorry, door, nothing personal. You're just at the wrong place, at the wrong time, facing the wrong dwarf.

RAGE!STR 20
She takes a small run and throw herself at the door with fury
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

The door stands...barely. Another strong shoulder will open it Help another, anyone?, most of the job is already done, which is quite impressive by itself.
Perception, just in case for the ram: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Silver Crusade

Ala'Ihys rolled a 17 for aid another on helping, didn't know if you would use strength or what, so 17 + 2 (str) = 19 so you get a +3 right?

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

My strenght is 20 while Raging (+5), I rolled 17, with your +2 Aid another total 17+5+2=24. The door is no more.

With Ala'Ilys help, the door falls at the first try.

Knock. Knock.


Ongoing

Gj, fighting the guards isn't a good thing. ;)

Like a battering ram, aided by some milder shoulderwork from Ala'Ihys, Brallenera bashes the door clean out of its hinges. The majority of the door coming down is muffled by the exotic rugs and carpets that decorate the place.

Pildapush’s Chattel is tastefully appointed: colorful Katapeshi rugs adorn the stone flor, while water trickles gently from a decorative, mosaic fountain. Simple rosewood chairs surround a round table through which the shiny top of a hookah pokes, one braided and ebony-tipped smoking arm per chair. Beyond stands a large, ornate mahogany desk. Two man-sized oval cages, bolted to the stone floor, sit behind the desk. There seems to be no sign of the slave trader.

Perception DC 15:

Looking around, you notice the mahogany desk has a hidden compartment.
DC 15 Disable device to unlock.

Silver Crusade

crap, where did he go, he was just here

perception: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Taking a quick look around the desk Ala’Ihys, a little nervous about the guard following them pleads with the team,

”he was just here a second ago, look around for a trap door or something. Can anyone open the hidden compartment I noticed on the mahogany desk, there may be a hidden switch in it”

Turning he faces the door to speak to any guards that come along.

I just realized none of us have disable device


Ongoing

In the other group, of all, the monk rolled a trained DC 27 on the front door and also a high for that.

No guards are currently checking, aside from the shouting, the door made little noise, with it landing on soft rugs.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Brallenera is still trying to calm down and can't even focuse on the trap door

What happens if we can't even open the trap door because none of us has Disable Device?


Ongoing

You could try breaking that desk as well for its content, pity of such fine craftsmanship, or you could roll some diplomacy to gather info where the guy fled to.

Silver Crusade

I'm a little confused on the gather info. without another obvious exit, would we gather info from the crowd out front?

relieved that the guards were not showing up at the broken door, Ala'Ihys turns back into the room, showing Brallenera where the hidden compartment in the mahogany desk is located at, he explains to her.

"I found this compartment, but I have no knowledge on how to open it without destroying the desk. So, would be so kind as to use your axe to open it for us?"

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Brallenera doesn't even bother to answer, takes her big axe in both hands and starts "opening" the desk, frustrated the man they seek has run away, each blow more forceful than the previous

(round1)
Dmg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
(round2)
Dmg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
(round 3)
Dmg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Ongoing

Desk:
"0-3-6"

Keep it going, you're halfway there ;)

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Dm: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Dm: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Dm: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The dwarfess kept the rythm, this time trying to master her strenght so she won't destroy any evidence

Silver Crusade

ok we need to find this guy

while Brallenera carefully opens the desk, Ala'Ihys goes back out of the building and starts walking up to complete strangers and asking them if they have seen Pardu Pildapush.

gather information for 1d4 ⇒ 2 hours

diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Ongoing

No need, just wait for what turns up in the compartment.

As Brallenera finishes 'gently' opening the compartment, a small ledger is found within.

Inside, you find a record of slave sales, including Lady Anilah’s purchase from Fredrik and her sale to the "No Return". You now have the name of the ship she's likely being held at right now.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

No needs for words. Here's the proof we sought. Now, to the ship, and quick.

Brallenera warns the other so they can go to the ship.

Silver Crusade

ok lets ask the fat guy with the scar if he has seen this Pardu Pildapush

as Brallenera approaches Ala'Ihys with the book he breaths a heavy sigh of relief. Having not read the inscriptions yet he says.

"Whew, thank the dawnflower. Your right Brallenera, lets be quick about it, you lead, we will follow!"


Ongoing

Just before you wish to exit, you take a second look at the two cages.
There are two people within. Weither these are innocents pressed into slavery or thieves punished with it, you don't know. That's up to you.

With the name of the ship in your possession, you make your way to the docks. It's pretty crowded, with sailors loading and off-loading cargo and the laughing and yelling from the few visible taverns.

Party perception:

Ala'Ihys: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Brallenera: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Joseph: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15
Kravg: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Toorin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Close, but not enough.

Shot vs flat footed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Shot vs flat footed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Slash vs flat footed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Dmg: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Slash vs flat footed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 Dmg: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Slash vs flat footed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Dmg: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
An arrow comes flying in, hitting Brallenera in the biceps. Another ends up between Kravg's legs. Both Toorin and Ala'Ihys feel a slash hitting their sides, it's shallow wounds, but you're beset upon by halflings!

Init rolls:

Ala'Ihys: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Brallenera: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Joseph: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Kravg: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Toorin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Froddo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Halfling Girl: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Merrily: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Pippi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Sammy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Puddlejumper ambush, round 1.

Ala'Ihys & Kravg
Froddo, Pippi & Sammy
Joseph
Halfling girl
Brallenera
Merrily
Toorin

Ala'Ihys & Kravg are up.

Silver Crusade

I'm mildly confused, wouldn't we have seen the people in the cages at the beginning of the scene, and wouldn't they have told us how Pardu Pildapush left? And lets assume we let them go.

surprised by the audacity of the assault, Ala'Ihys steps away from the nearest Halfling,5 ft. step and locating where they were being fired upon from, seeing a familiar face,

it must be true all these Halflings look alike

returns fire in kind.

full attack, longbow, rapid shot, at Merry

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 for damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6
attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 for damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Ongoing

Aye, but i'm describing what you see on first view. The ones inside the cage are also too scared to divulge that information.

Puddlejumper ambush, round 1.

Ala'Ihys takes a doubleshot at Merrily, the first shot hits him square, invoking a short "Ow, don't underestimate us little folk!"
Kravg
Froddo, Pippi & Sammy
Joseph
Halfling girl
Brallenera
Merrily
Toorin

Kravg's up.

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

Once inside, Toorin will cast Detect Magic to see if anything glows.

While Brallenera is getting at the secret compartment, he stands near the door to deal with any nosy passersby.

When he sees the ledger, he says, "Good job. Let us make haste to the harbor."

Unless it is going to take more than an hour to get to the dock, Toorin will cast Mage Armor on himself. Things are likely to get dicey soon. He also transfers a coil of silk rope from his pack to a place on his belt, so it is ready to use with his Animate Rope spell.

Edit: While I was preparing this post, I got ninja'ed by the posts leading to the fight. Most of it was just preparatory.

When the prisoner's in the cages are discovered, Toorin will take a moment to ask them to give their names and explain why they are there. If they tell their names, he'll glance down the ledger to see if anything in the ledger supports their story. Probably won't let them free, but he won't stop anyone else who releases them.


Ongoing

Well, with Kravg being absent today, i'll bot his turn.
For Toorin, i'd reckon the trip down to the ship took half an hour, so no 2 dmg to you then.

Puddlejumper ambush, round 1.

Ala'Ihys takes a doubleshot at Merrily, the first shot hits him square, invoking a short "Ow, don't underestimate us little folk!"
Kravg moves past Brallenera to trip Merrily.
Trip the halfling: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22, the halfling falls prone.
Froddo noticed his attack did nothing against the elf, he instead makes a slash at Joseph. Slash: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Dmg: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
It misses, meanwhile Pippi takes a shot at Kravg
Shot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 1. He misses.
Sammy slashes as well at Joseph Slash: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 Dmg: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Joseph
Halfling girl
Brallenera
Merrily
Toorin

Joseph's up.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4th AC: 20 (T 15, FF 16), HP 19/30, Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +3 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc -2

Joseph starts up his bardic performance and takes a 5ft step away from the thugs.

"It would be best if you surrendered. We may take you in unharmed." he warns them as he continues a ode of bravery.


Ongoing

Puddlejumper ambush, round 1.

Ala'Ihys takes a doubleshot at Merrily, the first shot hits him square, invoking a short "Ow, don't underestimate us little folk!"
Kravg moves past Brallenera to trip Merrily.
Trip the halfling: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22, the halfling falls prone.
Froddo noticed his attack did nothing against the elf, he instead makes a slash at Joseph. Slash: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Dmg: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
It misses, meanwhile Pippi takes a shot at Kravg
Shot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 1. He misses.
Sammy slashes as well at Joseph Slash: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 Dmg: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Joseph starts an ode.
Halfling girl takes a shot. Shot: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 2 = 17 Dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Kravg feels a small sting, as a small arrow enters his hip.
Brallenera grips her axe and swings it down on Merrily.
"Piss...OFF!!!"
Dwarven axe, rage: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12 Dmg: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6
Merrily is lucky, as she misses him.
Merrily slashes at Joseph. Slash: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
He does a poor job at it too.
Toorin's turn

Silver Crusade

is merry or pippin in the building?


Ongoing

Not so much 'in', as 'on'. Pippi and the girl are on the roof.

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

Earlier
Kravg would have definitely freed the prisoners in the cages, he hates slavery as much as Brallenera does.

He opens the cages and calls out to the two imprisoned figures.
"Go! You are free from your torment in slavery and servitude. Get out of here as fast as you can."

In the next battle.

How high is the building exactly? I assume it has a few handholds and nooks to climb up.

Silver Crusade

yeah, I mixed merry and pippin up, I meant to shoot at the archers, oh well. How much cover do they have on the building?


Ongoing

@ Ala'Ihys: +2 partial cover from the roof.
@ Kravg: The building is an inn, 10ft high with a DC 15 climb check for 1/4th speed.

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Anything to indicate if these attackers are associated with the slave ship we are next to or are they just dock-side opportunists? Toorin suspects someone heard our entrance line at the shop and warned the ship, but it's good to know your attacker.

Toorin draws his sword and bears down on the nearest halfling Appears to be Frodo if the map is accurate, although Frodo attacked Joseph this round and Joseph is not adjacent to Frodo..

Longsword, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 1 = 11
damage, Inspire Courage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9


Ongoing

Try capturing one ^^.
Joseph 5ft stepped away from Froddo.

Toorin's sword sweeps over the head of the halfling, his aim was a bit too high.
--------------------------------------------

Puddlejumper ambush, round 1.

Ala'Ihys
Kravg

Froddo, Pippi & Sammy
Joseph starts an ode.
Halfling girl
Brallenera
Merrily
Toorin

Bold are up.

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

Toorin will call out as he fights, "Why are you accosting us? We mean you no harm unless you are slavers in possession of a noble woman illegally kidnapped and sold."


Ongoing

Froddo: ..."Orders, and we are not slavers."

301 to 350 of 7,001 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Season 1, more adventure than even Indiana Jones can handle. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.