GM Chyro [PFS] Season 1 run. (Inactive)

Game Master Chyrone

Season 1 run with a few others mixed in.
Let's get it on, lvl 1 to lvl 12.


451 to 500 of 7,001 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

Rope in hand, Toorin descends to the hold and hustles closer. He passes Joseph and keeps moving, taking what cover he can from the slaves on the benches.

If Toorin were to attempt a TK fist next round, would the enemies at the front of the ship have cover (ignoring cover provided by other PCs)?


Ongoing

Yes.

Below deck, round 2.

Joseph
Ala'Ihys & Brallenera
Kravg
Pildapush & gnoll captain
Toorin

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

On his turn, Kravg will take a 5-foot step back and take a CLW potion from his bandolier and drink it.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Sovereign Court

Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4th AC: 20 (T 15, FF 16), HP 19/30, Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +3 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc -2

Umm..I don't see anyone's avatar...

Joseph keeps up his performance with his rapier out, taking a step forward to combat whatever might be near him. He looks to the captain and narrows his eyes.

Gnoll:
"Great Gnoll, I am a follower of the mother of monsters. Surrender as I can promise you safety and to join my temple. If not, I cannot control these vigilantes."


Ongoing

Below deck, round 2.

Joseph tries to reason with the gnoll captain.

Gnoll response:

"You could not control them anyway."

Ala'Ihys & Brallenera
Kravg will drink a potion.
Pildapush & gnoll captain
Toorin

Bold are up!

Sovereign Court

Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4th AC: 20 (T 15, FF 16), HP 19/30, Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +3 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc -2

whoops, should've rolled diplomacy, but doesn't look like it'll happen. Plus I'm sure Ala'Ihys is going to have a stern word with Joseph later.


Ongoing

Maybe...good thing he doesn't speak gnoll.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Awww... could you hold this for me, Gnoll?

As Brallenera can't still come into hand to hand fighting, she throws an axe to the gnoll

Throw axe: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4
dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

But her aim is hazardous, to say the least...

Silver Crusade

he's talking to the gnoll, not a peep out of him dealing with humans and he's talking to the gnoll

Ala'Ihs doesn't say anything, he just quickly draws two more arrows and lets them fly at the gnoll then steps back 5 ft.

I'm assuming Joseph is still using inspire courage, if not subtract it off please, point blank shot, full attack

longbow attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 15 for damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4
longbow attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 12 for damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9


Ongoing

Kravg, sorry to say, but disabled limits your actions to 1 per round. Either a standard or move. Drawing and drinking a potions requires both. You can however, use Restricted Withdraw and move 30ft once. For your sake, i'll take that now.

Below deck, round 2.

Joseph tries to reason with the gnoll captain.
The captain responds, leaving the others just guessing what Joseph is saying.
Ala'Ihys shoots two arrows, but with Kravg in the way, it hampers his shot.
Brallenera is being very dangerous with throwing axes.
They have 10ft range, btw.
Kravg will withdraw to safe distance.
Pildapush comes closer to Toorin, dagger drawn.
Stab?: 1d20 ⇒ 18Sting: 1d4 ⇒ 1, causing a minor cut.
Gnoll captain now moves closer to the archer who shot him.
Axe, axe!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Hurt: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5, Ala'Ihys ducks in time to dodge the attack.
Toorin's turn!

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

Toorin regards the cut inflicted by Pildapesh with irritation as he steps back out of reach. "Sauce for the Goose?" he says and looks down at the coil of rope. He holds the coil in front of him, says, "AniMi ŝnUro". The rope begins to undulate and squirm like a snake, uncoiling and forming a growing mass of loops. He gives the rope a little toss at Pildapesh.

ranged touch, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

That was disappointing. Wherever it lands, it will entangle any enemy who steps into that square, but only for one round.


Ongoing

We'll take that on the square between you and Pildapush.

Below deck, round 3.

Joseph
Ala'Ihys & Brallenera
Kravg
Pilda[ush & Gnoll captain
Toorin

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

Pildapesh's icon looks small. Is he small size or was that accidental?


Ongoing

Fixed, not that it matters :)

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Posting now cause busy day at work

Awww, gnoll, you didn't want to hold my axe for me? That's sad... Now you make me angry. I don't think you will like it when I'm angry. But it doesn't matter because I don't think you will survive. And then I'll kill you, Pildapesh.'Cause I HATE slavers, you know. Nothing personal.

Brallenera's blood boils, and she uses her big dwarfish axe to cut into the gnoll

RAGE! STR 20 CON 21, +2 HP, AC 15

Dwarf Axe to the Face, RAGE!, Inspire: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 18
Dmg, RAGE!, Inspire: 1d10 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 14


Ongoing

With Joseph shaking his head at the gnoll's bloodlust over listening to his speech attempts, Brallenera sees opportunity and strikes the gnoll right in the chest with her axe. It coughs blood once before dropping onto its back.

Pildapush looks upset.
"This...this wasn't supposed to happen!", he meagerly still holds his dagger.
Ala'Ihys
Kravg

Pildapush??

Silver Crusade

poor decisions come back to haunt us all, I gave him his chance, now he lives with his consequences, or not.

Ala'Ihys looks at Pildapush and just snarls then steps back away from the gnoll5 ft.then he draws and fires two arrows at the beast.

I'm assuming Joseph is still using inspire courage, if not subtract it off please, point blank shot, full attack

longbow attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 14 for damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4
longbow attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 23 for damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3


Ongoing

Pildapush still stands, albeit with an arrow in each shoulder.

Kravg, you finishing this?

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

I don't think I've drunk my potion yet so...
Kravg will draw one from his bandolier and wait for this to finish.


Ongoing

Edit: opening battlemap, Pildapush had already taken dmg, so Ala'Ihys has taken down Pildadouche.

Combat over!

You find a key on a string around the gnoll's neck.
Also, the many (50) slaves have watched the fight in awe.

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

I'm not clear if Pildapesh is killed or just subdued. I would not expect Ala'Ithys to kill him.

Toorin draws his longsword and menaces Pildapesh. "Your greedy gambit is fallen around you. Surrender and face justice."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

As usual, Toorin hasn't quite got the hang of threats. But perhaps the situation will convince him. If Pildapesh does not surrender or if he attacks Toorin or anyone else, Toorin will try to grab him.

Grapple: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Ongoing

Pildapush took 5 earlier from Kravg, so add the 9 from the arrows and he's at -4/0.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4th AC: 20 (T 15, FF 16), HP 19/30, Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +3 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc -2

Joseph looks over the group and then the slaves. He makes sure to grab the key first and looks to the rest of the group.
"Any idea what we do with the key?" he asks as he hands it to anyone in the group who wants it.

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

Toorin will move to the fore and open the doors to the rooms up there, looking for the kidnapped woman or other slaves. He keeps his sword drawn.

Silver Crusade

is Pildapush unconscious?

a little confused as to how Joseph got to the keys first, since he was 25. ft back, but we'll play along ;)

what to do with the Keys?

Ala'Ihys glaring at Joseph responds in cold voice

"Yes, I have an idea, unlock every door and set of chains, give all the money on the ship to these poor creatures and release them. Because I'm sure that's exactly what your gnoll friend upstairs told you to do when you were busy talking to him."

Ala'Ihys then draws out his simitar and beheads the gnoll captain and tosses the head out a porthole, he then searches the body of the gnoll and the unconscious or conscious Pildapush.

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

Kravg finally drinks his potion. CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"Phew, that gnoll was dangerous. Not something I'd like to see up close again soon. I do wonder if they've got any captives in here, I haven't seen any as of yet, but you're right Ala'Ihys, we should release any we come across."

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Awww, Pointy-Ears, you're too kind. This man is a slaver. He doesn't deserve justice, he deserves a just-AXE.

If no one stops her, Brallenera lowers her axe on Pildapush, killing him.

Let's free all the slaves first, and either burn the slaver's ship or sink it. Probably better to sink it. I don't want the other ships to take fire with perhaps some innocent slaves aboard. Sinking a slaver's ship, maybe that's not much in the grand scheme of things, but it's a good thing nevertheless.

Looking at the bird-man
We fought the good fight, Kravg.That doesn't mean it was an easy fight, but we managed to get the victory today. That's the only important thing.


Ongoing

Setting fire to a ship in a port would certainly alert the guards.

The gnoll was carrying a whip and hand axe, Pildapush a mere dagger.
As you open the manacles of the slaves, a slow process with 50, they frantically thank you and flee up the ladders.

Doors B & D are the cabins of the gnolls, D being the captain's quarters.

Opening the door to room C, you see a woman in dirtied proper attire. Indeed lady Anilah. Once freed; "I owe you all
a favor I can never repay."

After the smalltalk's been said and done, you make your way back to Venture-Captain Alissa Moldreserva. After Lady Anilah gives a short description, she eyes you up and down.
"You handled that well. Guess I had you wrong. The lot of you may prove useful to the Society yet. Get yourselves a drink, on me."
^
Brallenera ;)


Mission completed, gj.
1 XP & 2 PP.
Primary condition: Free lady Anilah [V]
Secondary condition: Avoid being seen by the guard 'providing yourselves access' to Pildapush's. [V]

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Can Brallenera sink the ship after all the slaves are saved?

Awww, thank you for the drink. It will be most welcome. I don't want to badmouth other Venture Captains, but lets say you prove to be the most welcoming so far. If you need any more slavers killed, just call me. It will be a pleasure.

Brallenera will start to drink, but moderatly-for a dwarf-, just in case the VC need more slavers killed tonight.
The dwarfess try of course to drink with her companions.


Ongoing

As fitting as it would be, the job requires discretion, so no. You could chop a hole in the bottom and have authorities blame faulty maintenance, for example.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

that's what I planned to do, a hole in the ship so it sinks slowly. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough


Ongoing

I thought you wanted to burn it ^^

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

No, cause it could endanger the other boats, where there might be other innocent slaves

Sovereign Court

Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4th AC: 20 (T 15, FF 16), HP 19/30, Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +3 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc -2

With what happened here I wonder what will happen with the next few games between Joseph and Ala’Ihys the Archer. I'm sure they'll become such good friends :)

Silver Crusade

before they leave the boat

After all the other slaves are freed, Ala'Ihys introduces himself to the disheveled lady Anilah.

"I am Ala’Ihys Amatullah al-Rashid, Servant of the Dawnflower, Venerator of Sunlord Thalachos, Rider of the Histaqen, knight of Relios and these are my companions. We are pathfinders sent by Venture-Captain Alissa Moldreserva to secure your freedom; as a pathfinder I hope it secures your husbands assistance for our organization, on a personal note I hope it reminded you of the evils of slavery. I recommend you join the other freed slaves and flee this place, if you desire we will escort you back to the Venture-Captain."

turning from the noblewoman he goes to Brallenera, as she is cleaning Pildapush's blood from her axe.

"Well fought Brallenera, looking at the body of Pildapush I offered him a chance to lay down his arms, he refused and was awarded his just deserts. I know you desire more retribution on the owner of this vessel but it would be unlawful to harm their property, but I cannot tell you how to behave. I am done here so I am going to the dock to await the rest of you."

as he draws near Joseph he gets a very stern look and address him by his title.

"Lord Joseph Wraitheart up until this day you remained silent in combat. Today you chose to call out to Gnolls, this is either a very brave thing or very stupid thing. I have no idea what was said, but your actions were those of violence and retribution against the most hated, vile, demonic, sub-human species of monsters that roam the plains I grew up in. I will offer no quarter to demon-kind, I trust your intentions were for good, to believe other wise would have dire consequences. Let us leave this place."

turning to Kravg and Toorin, he asks

"Shall we leave this place, I believe Brallenera intends dwarven justice for this vessel and we do not want to be witness' or wet."

at the pathfinders office

back at the Venture-Captain's office, Ala'Ihys gives a small bow to the Captain, accepting the offered stipend, he looks the lady in the eye and says

"remember what it was to be a slave."

then exits with the team.

in references to the whole gnoll thing read Ala'Ihys story if you havn't


Ongoing
Ala'Ihys wrote:
I trust your intentions were for good,

They were, just not in the good aligned way ^^

Silver Crusade

I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt here, your not helping any ;0

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

When Brallenera raises her axe to kill Pildapesh, Toorin became concerned that Anilah might not be on the boat and then we would wish Pildapesh were alive to find out what he had done with her. But he was too far away to stop her and he certainly had no pity for the slaver. He was just rather tense until Anilah was discovered.

From that point on, he is quiet and attends to the business of completing the mission. He introduces himself and makes sure she remembers his name, in hopes that she will prove a useful contact later when he becomes the diplomat he strives to be.

He enjoys the drink and whatever entertainments the others wish to enjoy. He does one other thing.

GM:
Away from Joseph, Toorin will inquire about Absolam for someone who can begin to tutor him in the gnoll language. If he's going to be working with Joseph, he wants to understand what he says when he displays his split personality. He figures he'll have to learn some languages of creatures he is not fond of in his quest to become a diplomat.


Ongoing

Toorin:

There's probably a library in Absalom, that could possibly include a special section with records on scarcely spoken languages. Possibly even a guild of adventurers, lead by retired adventurers who've been around. If you lvl up and put a point in linguistics, you'd probably have a plausible way to have 'learned it'. It's a large city after all.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4th AC: 20 (T 15, FF 16), HP 19/30, Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +3 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc -2
Ala’Ihys the Archer wrote:


As he draws near Joseph he gets a very stern look and address him by his title.

"Lord Joseph Wraitheart up until this day you remained silent in combat. Today you chose to call out to Gnolls, this is either a very brave thing or very stupid thing. I have no idea what was said, but your actions were those of violence and retribution against the most hated, vile, demonic, sub-human species of monsters that roam the plains I grew up in. I will offer no quarter to demon-kind, I trust your intentions were for good, to believe other wise would have dire consequences. Let us leave this place."

For a moment he seems worried before you fear a very feminine giggle.

"Sub-human, huh?" but the voice is interrupted with a cough and shaking his head.
"I was attempting to end the fight without conflict. He may have had information as to where the slaves were going, who they were sold to. Take down the whole operation. Cut the head off the snake." he states as his defense.

Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Ala’Ihys the Archer wrote:
I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt here, your not helping any ;0

Lol, yeah certainly doesn't help.


Ongoing

Hmm? What are you talking about? ;)
My comment is ooc after all. It's not like i'm some omnipotent being, whispering the galactic secrets.

Silver Crusade

he's kidding me right?

Still rather upset about the events at the slaver's ship, Ala'Ihys unleashes a tirade and Josephs expense.

“When we were in the sewers did you attempt to speak to the alchemist or his thugs? What was it you said to the last man, screaming about his lab, what was that? Oh yeah “Accept my companion's compassion, for I doubt the rest of us have such.” You had no compassion for a human but you were willing to offer terms to a vile, flea-rid filth encrusted Gnoll. Did you speak a word to the Almsman or any in his care? When we fought the Steel Wyverns did you offer them succor? No you stood there and recited poetry, Is that what you said to the Gnoll? a Haiku? If you like speaking to demons so much why didn’t you sing to the little fart demons in the princes mushroom infested basement. Even here you were silent as the grave when we spoke to Venture-Captain Alissa Moldreserva: but you have breath to speak to a misbegotten, drooling, leering, twisted, hyena-snouted Gnoll. When we were in the bar did you use your silver tongue to stop the carnage, No. When we were set upon by Halflings did you negotiate on their behalf? No. But when it comes to a couple of vulgar, debased, malformed, detestable, bastard, demon-spawned Gnolls you were willing to sit down and have a parlay over a pint of what? Human blood? Tell me Lord Joseph do you care for these spawn of a worthless vulgar demon more than you do other sentient humanoids, because your behavior would certainly imply you do.”

Frustrated with himself for not maintaining his composure, Ala'Ihys turns quickly and walks away from Joseph without waiting for an answer.

that was wrong, even if I am frustrated I shouldn't have said those things, he's a human being, of course he doesn't care for Gnolls, he just must not have seen the carnage they cause first hand like I have. I still wonder how he know there language. After we both cool off maybe we can have a civil conversation.

I was so busy with Ala'Ihys tirade I didn't notice that was "Q" until afterwards, good on ya GM Chyro, good on ya.

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

Toorin looks confused after witnessing this outburst and steps back and toward wherever Kravg and Brallenera are. "What is this talk of gnolls being demon-spawn. I always thought they were just another degenerate type of humanoid found in the wild."


Ongoing

On gnolls.

Kn. Local DC 11:

Gnolls are an evil race of creatures that typically prefer intelligent beings for food because they scream more. Gnolls usually only speak their own language. This result also reveals all humanoid traits.

Kn. Local DC 16:

Gnolls are nocturnal carnivores, driven by hunger and little else. They dislike giants and most humanoids, but will sometimes make alliances with such creatures so long as it means a plentiful supply of food.

Kn. Local DC 21:

Gnolls prefer combat where they can relly on their physical strength and sheer numbers of fellow attackers to overpower those they fight with ease. They have little discipline in a fight, but typically choose clever ambush locations to give them the upper hand in the first few seconds of combat.

Kn. Local DC 26, interesting trivia for Joseph:

Gnolls tend to form loose tribes that are ruled by their strongest member, who uses fear, intimidation and strength to remain in power. They revere the gnoll-like demon Yeenoghu, though gnollish clerics are often worshipers of Erythnul, deity of slaughter.

Lamashtu's not mentioned ^^
However, this is taken from d20 on gnolls, whereas d20 on Lamashtu mentions gnolls are among worshipers. Contradicting, no?

Silver Crusade

umm, Ala'Ihys has no knowledge skills, local or otherwise. So I would assume he's either speaking out of racial profiling or the first word in each of the knowledge checks starts with the words "demon spawn" incidentally ignorance truly is bliss :)

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Yeenoguh, Demon God of Ghouls and Gnolls, and Erythnul, God of Hate, Envy and Slaughter are Greyhawk (AD&D) deities (Yeenoghu was maybe more ancient than Greyhawk), not Pathfinder. It seems to me that in Pathfinder all gnolls are "spawns" of Lamashtu. I'll look tonight in my books (Gods & Magics).

Silver Crusade

hey she didn't roll, you guys saw that, she didn't roll, I'm not listening La La La La La

edit: wow that was awkward, Forget I said that, It's past my bed time

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

Toorin doesn't have knowledge (Local) so that is why I asked other characters. He'll eventually be a font of knowledge after a level up or two. He's still learning about the larger world. So I'm going to ignore anything not role played from another character. Haven't read the posts above, by the way.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4th AC: 20 (T 15, FF 16), HP 19/30, Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +3 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc -2

I was tempted to have Joseph mention that racists in a fantasy setting often call dwarves and elves "sub-human" as his own father possibly did. Also in the books about Lamashtu it did say many gnolls revear her because it is believed that she gave birth to them after taking a hyena as a consort.


Ongoing

Welcome to...Among the living Resident Evil, pathfinder style.

A week ago, you were seated in the main hall of the Grand Lodge of Absalom, waiting for the arrival of Absalom’s newest venturecaptain, a tall, dark-haired and olive-skinned Varisian woman named Eliza Petulengro. Renowned for her composure under pressure and the author of more than two dozen Pathfider Chronicles entries, she appeared in the hall suddenly, a stack of chronicles in her arms, and looked you over before speaking.
"My greatest pupil, Pathfider Bodriggan Wuthers, has gone missing. He followed a cleric contact back to Wuthers’s home city of Oppara to work on a massive dig beneath the House of the Immortal Son, Oppara’s famed opera house and once temple to the dead god, Aroden. That was a year ago. He sent monthly reports, hoping to see their publication in a chronicle, before all contact dried up a few months back. I’m worried something has gone wrong, and the Society has a vested interest in the
artifact he was researching and seeking. We want you to travel to Oppara and fid Wuthers. We’d like to know exactly what he was seeking, too, since he neglected to inform us through his monthly correspondence. He hinted only that the cleric of Irori he was working with told him the object was the world’s greatest ‘living’ artifact—whatever that means. I have a few tidbits of information to pass to you before you go: the House of the Immortal Son is nearly impossible
to access. It took Wuthers months and countless bribes to get where he did. For you, I have a much simpler idea. Go to an opera, wait for an opportunity, and then exploit it to fid Wuthers and his dig site. Be sure to wear something festive—the Taldan nobility are arrogant on their best days and if you arrive at the opera dressed like that,
she waves her hands at you, they’ll surely lose your tickets or regret to inform you that the opera house is oversold. Go and report back to me directly upon your return to Absalom."

Diplomacy/gather info checks DC 15 can be made for info on Wuthers and the Opera house seperately.

451 to 500 of 7,001 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Season 1, more adventure than even Indiana Jones can handle. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.