GM Chyro [PFS] Season 1 run. (Inactive)

Game Master Chyrone

Season 1 run with a few others mixed in.
Let's get it on, lvl 1 to lvl 12.


201 to 250 of 7,001 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Ongoing

The Almsman nods.
"May Abadar bring you luck in your task."

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Thank you for the healing, Almsman.

The elf got an angry look from the dwarfess. She keeps her mouth shut, but she's ostensibly not happy with his words.

She walks to the archer and tries to speaks softly to him
Awww, I got an idea, bowman. When we come back from our mission, we should stop again here, and give to the Almsman the tonics we found among the alchemical thingies. I mean, when we get out of these sewers, it's not as if they could be useful to us anymore, but maybe the priest can use them on the sick beggars, or sell them to get funds to buy food. And I'd be happy to bring down the Wivern's threat once and for all, while we're here. But we have to finish the mission first.

When everyone is ready, she doesn't wait anymore.

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

Kravg nods at the words of the Almsman and greets him as they leave for this 'Skytower'.

"May Abadar bring as much luck to you as he does to us, I think you could use it more than us. Fare thee well."

Later on, Kravg walks just behind braalenera until she decides to take a step back and talk to Ala'Ihys.

"Well that wasn't the most fortuitous meetings, at least more fortuitous for the Almsman and those poor folk, but less so for us. Toorin? I suspect we might hail from the same region of the Inner Sea, though it hasn't been my home for a very long time. Could you tell me more about Kyonin? What it is like in these years?"

During the conversation Kravg keeps an eye out for dangers and keeps on his guard.

Take 10 on Perception for 19


Ongoing

The Almsman’s directions lead to a heavy wooden door. A sign on the door is partially obscured by grime and moss, and the word “Skytower” is still barely legible. Oddly, or conveniently, enough the door is unlocked.

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6
The Almsman wrote:
"These folk did not choose to 'lack coin', diverse circumstances have ended them up to this sad fate. 'Freedom' to starve implicates one does, in fact have coin, but chooses not to eat. These folk 'cannot' eat every day like you could."

Toorin takes in the words and looks surprised, then embarrassed. "Forgive my poor command of your language. I did not mean to suggest these people are doing anything wrong, only that I am puzzled why others allow them suffer so when a there is much wealth to share. I commend you for doing what you can. I hope what we did will buy you some time free from these criminals."

Toorin is fine with continuing without rest. He stays in the middle of the group, however, since he can't raise magical armor, leaving him vulnerable to melee attacks.

Later ...

Kravg wrote:
"Could you tell me more about Kyonin? What it is like in these years?"

"Little changes in the realm of Kyonin," Toorin muses, speaking softly, not wanting to announce the group's approach with loud banter. "Parts of the forest are ancient and there we can commune with the spirits of the trees and celebrate the beauty with the good fey creatures of the land. There are parts that were mangled by the war with ... one we don't name, but the forest is healing itself in these places, with the help of our rangers and druids. Some elves prefer the clean open spaces of the plains or the majestic peaks to the south, so one never lacks for variety." He is happy to continue sharing about his homeland, although thinking of his homeland while slogging through a fetid sewer does not improve his mood. Eventually, he prefers silence to chatting. He appreciates his fellow Pathfinder's interest and promises himself he will ask the others about their birthplaces.

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

When reaching the door Kravg glances back over his shoulder and asks: "Let's go in, shall we? Shall I go first or would our lovely dwarf like to be in the lead. Either way is fine by me."

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Awww, I'm first. Hope this time I'll be able to keep my weapons in my hand. It was humiliating. Twice. I'm quite angry right now, in fact.

Brallenera opens the door quickly, willing to fight, seeking someone or something to destroy.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Silver Crusade

As they are leaving the crypt Ala’Ihys answers, Brallenera

”I agree Brallenera, those people could probably use this cure more than we can the money selling it, we should return it here, if we do not use it.”

As they approach the door Ala’Ihys removes four arrows, holding three with his bow hand, he notches the other waiting as the dwarf and tengu politely discuss who shall have the privilege to open the door. Watching Brallenera ease the door open, Ala’Ihys watches carefully, ready to fire quickly.

perception: 1d20 ⇒ 1dang, blind as a bat


Ongoing

With the door being unlocked, you merrily enter...while Ala'Ihys admires the beautiful details of Kravg's hat.

This room was once the basement of a building above, but the stairs in the far corner are now choked with charred rubble and seem to lead to a new stone foundation of the new building above. Odd furniture and knick-knacks of all description fill the remaining space, and strange winged effigies made of wood and broken pottery are arrayed in a bizarre diorama. The focal point of this display is a pair of chairs standing
on different-sized piles of old crates like thrones on a dais. A charred and shriveled corpse dressed in rotting and burnt finery and wearing a tin crown is propped up in one of the chairs while the other, lower chair, sits vacant.

Close up of tin crown:

It bears a crude inscription that reads "Emperor Relios."

Amidst the furniture is a desk with several log books and journals. Most of them detail day-to-day business transactions of 'The Relios Emporium'. Another mentions his ancestry and the joyous birth of the writer's son. Then there is a paper piece of journal.

...and as such, business has fallen upon hard times. I fear i'm going to have to sell my Wayfinder back to the Pathfinder Society.

A ledger shows he was selling yellowcap mushrooms to members of the pre-revolution high society in Augustana. They fell out of fashion in
the wake of the People’s Revolution. More faerie effigies hide among the mushrooms, and on the very back wall, is a painted, a large circle of swirling color patterns. On the floor lies an open and empty scroll case next to a slightly charred, blank piece of parchment.

Kn. Nature DC 20:

Yellowcap mushrooms were a powerful hallucination drug.

Spellcraft DC 10:

The remains of the parchment are from a used magic scroll.

Those who haven't rolled perception yet, have a go at it.

GM rolls:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

Toorin will look at everything described first and then, if nothing interupts him unexpectedly, he will take another look with Detect Magic.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Ongoing

No magic comes to your senses.
Perception Joseph: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

With everyone inspecting the scene, Toorin inspected the mushrooms, which grow primarily in the second chamber. That chamber is left of the main room.

As Toorin inspects it, he vaguely hears something from further down the chambers. It heard you as well, you get 1 action before it reaches you.

Silver Crusade

I assume Toorin is the only one who heard the noise so he alone gets an action, or do we all get an action?


Ongoing

Aye, Toorin was the only to hear something else was present.

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

Toorin moves back past Brallenera and Kravg and turns to look back into the room he just left, saying, "Something's coming. May not be good."

If he heard foot steps, he would say he heard footsteps, if growling or grunting, etc. He'll try to give some idea of what it might be if he can tell anything from the sound.

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

Kravg nods at Toorin's words.
"Let's be on our guard then. Any idea as to what it may be?"

He asks before he takes a first few steps into the room.

Kravg will take his AoO to trip anything that comes from the west.


Ongoing

It's already arrived.

Toorin added he heard shuffling and grunting.
As Kravg headed into the room, he was now looking 2 things in the eyes. Small, bloated and by his grandfather's tailfeather very ugly.
Kravg, do you want to halt your move when you 1st step into the room, or move to that spot regardless? If so you take 1 AoO.

Kn. Planes 15:

Dretches, evil small outsiders. These look like weakened versions.

Ready, set GO:

Ala'Ihys: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Brallenera: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Young lord Joseph: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Kravg: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Toorin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Dretch Blue: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Dretch Red: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Skytower basement, round 1.

Dretch red, makes some unpleasant sound, which is followed by a gaseous cloud.
AoO Kravg: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 4 = 12
The close quarters and the tight doorways prove a slight hindrance to the monk.
Fort Blue: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Fort Kravg: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Fort Brallenera: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Lord Joseph
Dretch Blue
Toorin, Brallenera
Kravg
Ala'Ihys

Joseph's up.

DC 13 fort save or nauseated if you are in the cloud. If you pass the save, you make another afterwards as long as you are in the cloud. Nausea lasts for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 rounds after you exit the cloud.

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

Actually I was trying to trip with my AoO so I would have had a +7 on that attempt. Also yes, I would like to be one square to the right. Ddin't see any creatures on the map yet when I moved.

Silver Crusade

due to the nature of the location Ala'Ihys cannot see beyond the stairs. So in a desire to understand their opponent he casts detect evil, As he does so, preparing to fire his bow, he calls out.

"Friends what do you see?"

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Sorry, not sure if I'll be able to post later, so I put my action here and now, to use when needed.

Feeling none the worse from the strange bloated things odor- hey, she manages to get so far with an elf not far, hasn't she?-Brallenera casually answers

Things. Ugly things. Ungly, stinking things. Don't know what it is..

And no, it's not a prejudiced elf with magic fists that hit you from far away...
She spits on the floor.

Awww, I guess it's time for a song. It's a very traditional battle hymn from deep under. We dwarves call it "The Hi-Ho song".

At the top of her voice, Brallenera starts to sing enthusiasticly

Hi Hooooooooooo....
the echo bounces on the walls
Hi Hooooooooo

She seems to get into a frenzy as the lyrics becomes more violent

Hi Hooooooooo...
Hi Ho, Hi ho, Hi ho Hi ho Hi ho
Hi Ho Hi Ho
We'll cut you high and low
Hi ho hi Ho
We'll smash thighs and elbows
Hi ho hi ho
For your cries and sorrow
Hi ho hi ho hi ho
Let our warcry echo
Hi Ho hi ho hi ho...

perform, singing, untrained: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
She's got the rythm, and the lyrics, but she's no natural talent at singing, as Lord Joseph will surely not say if he want to keep his intestines at the right place

RAGE!+4 STR/CON, -2 AC (AC 13), rounds of rage 2/7
Dwarf axe, Rage: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 = 19
Dmg, Rage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

The large axe cut into whatever the creature may be, but you would have expected more impact on such a blow.


Ongoing
Kravg wrote:
Didn't see any creatures on the map yet when I moved.

Yes, you moved ahead of what was happening, as i waited for Toorin to post. 1 square to the right is on a blocked staircase, through a wall. The one i meant was your chosen position or the square just past the door. Keep your lunch inside and the weapons out.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Made a 5 ft step on the map to be in stricking range from Blue

Sovereign Court

Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4th AC: 20 (T 15, FF 16), HP 19/30, Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +3 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc -2

Sorry I apologise for my lack of posting. Stuff has been going on my side and I do apologise.

Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Well I wouldn't get to do much as I'm nausiated...god I hate this condition when it's on me...


Ongoing

Only when you're in the cloud, but you could try something else. ;)

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

Sorry for the delay. I'm recovering from a cold and had to deal with a few unexpected events at work.

Toorin doesn't have Knowledge (Planes), so he's no help identifying them. But if they are dretches, the cloud sounds like stinking cloud, which in addition to the nauseating effect creates cover (5') or concealment (10' or more). So Toorin can't fire either arrows or his TK fists and target foes or avoid friends.

Unable to make ranged attacks into the fog, Toorin draws his sword and takes a deep breath and pushes into the cloud until he can see an enemy, attacking when he does.

Fort Save: 1d20 ⇒ 19

He moves through Kravg, exposing himself to an AOO, and attacks with his sword (assuming he still can).

longsword: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
critical threat: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Critical Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Cover, low misses: 1d100 ⇒ 20

Once he can see them, he calls out, "Two ugly runts to put down!"


Ongoing

I think Joseph had 1 more round of inspire left? We'll take that instead.

Skytower basement, round 1.

Dretch red, makes some unpleasant sound, which is followed by a gaseous cloud.
AoO Kravg:
The close quarters and the tight doorways prove a slight hindrance to the monk.
Fort Blue: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Fort Kravg: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Fort Brallenera: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Lord Joseph brings an ode to luck and fame, inspiring his comrades with +1 att & dmg rolls for 1round.
Dretch Blue attacks the feathered foe.
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 25
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Hit?: 1d100 ⇒ 17
Worth a measly 3.
Toorin comes in, for the moment seemingly unaffected by the foul vapors.
AoO blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Hit?: 1d100 ⇒ 43 the blue thing scrapes his knee as he comes by.
Brallenera comes in, declaring her martial prowess. Hit?: 1d100 ⇒ 84, she hits blue right in the shoulder, it lets out a grunt of pain.
Kravg
Ala'Ihys

Bold can post.

Silver Crusade

Ala’Ihys the Archer wrote:
due to the nature of the location Ala'Ihys cannot see beyond the stairs. So in a desire to understand their opponent he casts detect evil...

did Ala'Ihys detect evil?


Ongoing

They are foul, evil outsiders. In more than one way. :)

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Don't forget our +1 to hit &Dmg on this round (last round of Inspire) for everyone, as Joseph was the first to act. Didn't knew about the miss % on Stinking Cloud, good to know as a GM myself.^^

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

Kravg sticks his head further into the cloud after he vaguely sees and hears Brallenera attack something.

"Well now... I think you should back down little fella. This is gonna hurt otherwise."

Flurry of Blows using his fists and feet: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 181d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Miss Chance 1-20: 1d100 ⇒ 43

Fort Save vs Nausea at end of turn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Back down? BACK DOWN? I NEVER BACK DOWN!


Ongoing

The ugly thing takes a solid hit and vanishes in a green & purple ball of smoke.
Kravg however, after making a sigh of relief, becomes nauseated and tries hard to keep his lunch where it should be.

Silver Crusade

I dare not shoot into the cloud in fear of hitting my friends

Ala'Ihys, dropping his bow and equipping his shield he moves into the cloud as he draws his scimitar when he sees the little fart he calls o n the dawnflower to help him slay the evil little thing

"dawnflower, give me strength"

dropping the bow is a free action, drawing the sword and readying the shield are both free actions with a move, if he cannot do both he will not use the shield (sorry if it's confusing) he casts smite evil for red and adds inspire courage, then rolls miss chance and fort. add +2 to armor so its 22 with shield and 20 without, right?

scimitar attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 24 for damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6
confirm critical attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 16 for damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

Miss Chance 1-20: 1d100 ⇒ 45

Fort Save vs Nausea at end of turn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Awwww, come taste my blade, thingy! Come and Die! Birdface should beak down!

Fort, RAGE! Augm Con, Dwarf bonus vs Poison: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 23

Brallenera is totally unaffected by the vile stench, laughing like a maniac while Kravg succumbs to the nausea.
But her laugh dies as the bowman's scimitar cuts deeply into the creature.

Awww, don't kill my thingy, Sarenaen...I was having fun with it!

She moves to get a better stricking angle, exposing herself to the creature's blows carelessly Try to flank
Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

when its my time to strike
Dwarf axe to the face, with RAGE!: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17
20% miss: 1d100 ⇒ 80
Dmg, RAGE!: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8


Ongoing

You make the save when you enter the cloud, Ala'Ihys. Another at the start of your next turn as long as you stay in and passed a prior save. By the rolls, you'd pass it and slice into the thing for 6, and you passed your save for the next round's start.

With Ala'Ihys managing against the foul stench that lingered, he moves deftly past his comrades and lets his scimitar find its target for 6.
-----------------------------------------------------

Skytower Basement, round 2.

The red ugly swipes back at Ala'Ihys.
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
The claws are vicious, but the shield of the man deflect them both.
Joseph
Toorin & Brallenera
Kravg
Ala'Ihys

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

This may be my only chance to post until late tonight, so I'll set up Toorin's next action for after Joseph's turn. I'm assuming the Inspire Courage from Lord Joseph is no more.

Fort Save: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Still holding his breath, Toorin sends a telekinetic fist at the foul beastie, although he knows it is a difficult target, what with the door frame, Ala'Ithys, and the cloud. He also expects the thing to try to take advantage of his proximity to attack while he is throwing his magic, but cover for the goose is cover for the gander, so he'll risk it.

TK Fist, target has cover, 20% miss: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 2 - 4 = 9
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Cloud cover: 1d100 ⇒ 60

The cloud above the dretch curls in a double-vortex along the path of the fist, too high to connect. I assume.

"Send this abomination back to hell!"

Or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension. :)

In case he needs a concentration check after getting hit by an AOO:
concentration: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Ongoing

Takin Joseph's turn.

Skytower Basement, round 2.

The red ugly swipes back at Ala'Ihys.
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
The claws are vicious, but the shield of the man deflect them both.
Joseph, seeing things are pretty crowded, remains in position, but within a move's range should need come to be.
Toorin conures another magical fist, but the cover of the narrow door and his comrade proves a hindrance to hit.
Brallenera, eager to hit more, moves through Ala'Ihys' square and around the dretch.
You wished flanking, thou shalt have it too.
AoO dretch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Hit?: 1d100 ⇒ 45 The ugly thing misses her and she ends up behind it. Swinging her axe, she hits for a solid 8. It is looking pretty beat and cut up, it won't withstand much more.
Kravg
Ala'Ihys

Bold are up.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Awwww... leave it to me...

Silver Crusade

this is evil incarnate, is this why the dawnflower sent me here?

hearing the plea of his new barbaric friend Ala'Ihys pauses

I took a vow of humility, This lady has made a request of me

pausing again Ala'Ihys answers her

"I will restrain Brallenera, if the dawnflower wills it, you shall kill it, if not, I shall finish what I have started"

Ala'ihys is delaying his attack to see if Brallenera's attack kills it. If her attack doesn't kill it, this Is the delayed attack

delayed, smite evil, scimitar attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 = 20 for 1d1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Miss Chance 1-20: 1d100 ⇒ 76

then rolls fort. add +2 to armor so its 22 with shield, do we role nausea more than one? if so,

Fort Save vs Nausea at end of turn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Ongoing

The dawnflower was shining on Ala'Ihys' scimitar, as his attack proved fatal to the ugly thing. It too went poof in a green and purple ball of smoke.

As it disappeared, so did the foul vapors.
And there was much rejoicing, yay..
I'll post the rest in a couple of hours, when i have access to the pdf again.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4th AC: 20 (T 15, FF 16), HP 19/30, Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +3 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc -2

joseph caughs up the horrible fumes, looking pretty ill.
"Foul beast..." he manages to cough up.


Ongoing

Sorry it took longer than i had intended.

With the 2 ugly things gone from the basement, all is quiet again.
Upon going over the entire inventory, it turns out to be nothing but junk. Still, if the 'prince' was living off the shrooms, his delusions must have been great for him to start about portals and magical armies.

Anything you wish to do or discuss, you can mention as earlier.

When you return to the lodge, you find the venture captain in the office.
"Well, what happened, anything to actually be concerned about?
Since the senile old coot is giving me a headache."

Sovereign Court

Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4th AC: 20 (T 15, FF 16), HP 19/30, Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +3 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc -2

"It appears much of what he mentioned are lies. It appears he has been living off shrooms, but to have such delusions they must be potent things indeed." he says simply shaking his head. "We did end up confronting some strange monstrous creatures as well."

Silver Crusade

After the combat Ala’Ihys gathers up all of the log books and journals of 'The Relios Emporium'; also picking up one of the faerie effigies, the empty scroll case and the charred blank piece of parchment. He mentions to the group.

”I think it will be easiest to take these items along to let the venture captain make his own analysis. Before that shall we follow Brallenera’s idea and return to The Almsman’s sanctuary and give them the vials labeled 'filth fever tonic.'”

After detouring to the sanctuary and giving the Almsman the tonic…

Returning to the venture captain, Ala’Ihys sets the books, effigy, case and parchment on the desk, as Wraithheart speaks.

”we do not know it the intent was to lie or if he believes what he says. It does appear he was surviving on Mushrooms and his ‘fairy folk’ holding up the effigy certainly must have been enhanced by the stimulants in the fungus. I would be interested in finding out who the author of the ledgers was, because he appears to be our ‘princes’ father, so I bought them along, the other interesting thing is this scroll case. My final query is to why the creatures were sent there if the ‘prince’ is not a target of value.”

Handing the effigy to the venture captain Ala’ihys gives a slight bow and steps back to the corner of the office.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

After the small detour to drop the tonics to the Almsman, the team finally gets out of the sewers.

A good, long warm scented bath and some fresh, clean clothes later, Brallenara is ready to meet the Venture Captain, hitting the table with her hands with a big grin

Awww, Captain, it's time to honor your word, and bring the drinks to the table. The mission is done. I can now drink all I will, and I hope you will join un in the celebration.


Ongoing

The Almsman appreciates the donation of the Filth Fever tonic. As a matter of fact, a few of the beggars are suffering from it, making it a welcome gift.

The VC looks questioningly at Ala'Ihys' worries, after the situation's been told.
"Magic portal was what the old coot said, it sounds more likely to have been a summoning gone wrong. It's good to know there's no true portal and there's an even bigger feeling of 'i told you so'.

At the prospect of drinking however;

*Blink..blink*
"What makes you think i promised to buy you drinks? Yes, you can drink all you want...on your own tab that is. Alcoholic drinks don't simply come on the Society's Tab. You can get milk, fruit juice or fresh cold water, but nothing alcohol within these walls.
That aside, we've still got the old coot in the room."

I did mention this wasn't the most sympathetic VC i've seen. :)

The VC walks you to the room, where 'prince' is sitting.
"AHA! My loyal subjects, you have seen the throneroom haven't you? Were the dark assassins still there?"

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

Sorry for my absence, I had a lot to do yesterday evening.

When Kravg gets in the room with the 'prince' he nods slowly.

"We've seen the dark assassins and got rid of them. They used a nasty trick to make smoke clouds, but I guess you've seen that used before haven't you?"

Silver Crusade

will we ever find the truth? Should a prince be determined by his birthright or how he treats those under his influence, only the dawnflower knows.

Ala'Ihys bows his head to the elderly man, so no one could see the sadness in his eyes, he nods his head in agreement with Kravg and says

"Tis true the evil little beast's are gone. Though the throneroom provides more questions than answers. Can you tell us about the ledgers your father had written or possibly about the empty scroll case and blank parchment?"

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Brallenara frowns, and struggles visibly not to throw a tantrum right here, right now, as the VC so casually break his word.

Sure, as far as she recalls, he said that she would be allowed to drink as much as she wanted after the mission, but he never promised she could drink ALCOHOL.

Drat.

White hot fury rises in her heart as she realises she has been tricked.

NO. ALCOHOL.
Will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Appraise: 1d20 ⇒ 1

She rises from her seat, looking calm, and looks at it closely, touching the simple wood of the chair, and the old,cheap cushion.

Awww, Venture Captain, that's a lovely chair. I guess it must be costly, maybe even twenty gold... could you be so kind as to deduce twenty gold pieces from my loot, please?

She takes the chair and sent it flying across the room with a scream of pure hate, where it smashes against the wall, nearly putting an hole in it. Splinters fly everywhere, and the blonde dwarf storms out of the room before doing more damage to the furniture, leaving the rest of the team to talk to the self proclaimed king and maybe the VC a little impressed by the feat of strength.

Thrown chair: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24Crit chair?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
RAGE! STR 20, so I guess I can pick a chair and throw it easily to the farthest wall.

Her angry screams bounce over the walls and slowly fade away as she walks out
no alcohol. NO ALCOHOL. NO ALCOHOL! Awwww, where's the fun in that! I went into sewers,with an elf, got burned, bitten by spiders, disarmed....AND I EVEN CAME BACK WITH THE ELF!


Ongoing

Ok, consider for this awesome display 20gp reduction :)
Btw, did the VC ever specify he'd be the one buying drinks? 'Can drink' and 'getting a drink' are 2 different things.
> Beware these VCs, their words can be misunderstood. ^^

Luckily, the lodge's walls are made of stone. The Venture Captain shrugges.
"I wonder how she got into the society with such a temper. Regardless, on with the matter of the old man, it seems he's keen on going back to the place he crawled out from. Personally i'd have him admitted to an Asylum to get mental care, but that's up to you."

Meanwhile, the old man looks relieved at the others.
"Of course, their foul weapon of distraction and obscurity! But your rewards, please sit down."

He holds a ruler in one hand and passes each of you, tapping you each once on the shoulder with it.
"Ï hereby dub thee al, Knights of the Relios empire, liberators of Skytower Keep. You can take for yourself any item you wish as a boon for your services."

201 to 250 of 7,001 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Season 1, more adventure than even Indiana Jones can handle. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.