GM Chyro [PFS] Season 1 run. (Inactive)

Game Master Chyrone

Season 1 run with a few others mixed in.
Let's get it on, lvl 1 to lvl 12.


401 to 450 of 7,001 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Ongoing

Boarding the No Return, round 1.

Kravg moves forth and trips blue, "Oompf"..
Joseph starts inspire.
Red moves south east, from his back he grabs for a javelin.
Trusting his comrade and ?? to take care of the Tengu, he chooses a target at random.
Alphabetical: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Toss vs Brallenera: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Hurt: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Confirm...: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Hurt: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Brallenera feels a sharp pain, as the javelin hits her.

Toorin swings his sword at the sailor, but the plank was a bit slippery.
----------------------------
Entrance of the ??
Stomping sounds on the deck, but not quite like boots, some scraping too as if nails were on wood. Appearing behind blue is a hairy & savage looking humanoid resembling a hyena.
It wields a wicked whip and a sharp axe.
Joseph...gnoll, gnoll.
*Snarl*..who be first? Birdy first!"
Whip-trip Tengu into water: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Kravg is snagged by the leg and pulled off the planks.
Reflex 15 to grab one of the lower lines between the ship & docks.
You can auto-move from there back onto the docks or attempt DC 14 climb to get back on board. Distance from line to edge is 15ft.

Blue stands up with a sore jaw.1d4 ⇒ 3
Javelin vs Joseph: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
This sailor's javelin ended up in the wood besides him.
Ala'Ihys & Brallenera

Bold are up, come on!

Sovereign Court

Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4th AC: 20 (T 15, FF 16), HP 19/30, Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +3 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc -2
GM Chyro wrote:

Boarding the No Return, round 1.

Kravg moves forth and trips blue, "Oompf"..
Joseph starts inspire.
Red moves south east, from his back he grabs for a javelin.
Trusting his comrade and ?? to take care of the Tengu, he chooses a target at random.
Alphabetical: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Toss vs Brallenera: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Hurt: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Confirm...: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Hurt: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Brallenera feels a sharp pain, as the javelin hits her.

Toorin swings his sword at the sailor, but the plank was a bit slippery.
----------------------------
Entrance of the ??
Stomping sounds on the deck, but not quite like boots, some scraping too as if nails were on wood. Appearing behind blue is a hairy & savage looking humanoid resembling a hyena.
It wields a wicked whip and a sharp axe.
Joseph...gnoll, gnoll.
*Snarl*..who be first? Birdy first!"
[dice=Whip-trip Tengu into water]1d20+9
Kravg is snagged by the leg and pulled off the planks.
Reflex 15 to grab one of the lower lines between the ship & docks.
You can auto-move from there back onto the docks or attempt DC 14 climb to get back on board. Distance from line to edge is 15ft.

Blue stands up with a sore jaw.1d4
[dice=Javelin vs Joseph]1d20+3 [dice=Dmg]1d6+2
This sailor's javelin ended up in the wood besides him.
Ala'Ihys & Brallenera

Bold are up, come on!

Joseph, for a moment freezes and reacts as if he's been slapped on the back of the head by some ethereal presence before he addresses the Gnoll in strange growls and grunts like you've sometimes heard him make when clearing his throat.

Gnoll:

"Great warrior! I am a devout follower of the Mother of Monsters, Lamashtu. Surrender and I will have you transfered to my temple in Taldor. Your brothers and sisters will await you."

As it's out of his round, he can't do any actions so I can't reveal my holy symbol. not to mention, I'm sure Ala’Ihys, if he saw my symbol and knew of it, wouldn't feel comfortable.

Silver Crusade

what? He speaks to the monster instead of slaying it?

Ala'Ihys cast detect evil and steps so he has a clear shot at the beast then fires two arrows in quick succession.

well since Lord Joseph, or whoever he really is, has 'spoken' for the group, I will not

longbow attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 for damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5
longbow attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 for damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Ongoing

RP plot potentially thickens...stay tuned for the next round.

Ala'Ihys:

Oh yes, this is most certainly a savage and evil humanoid.
By nature in fact.

The Gnoll snorts and replies quickly in the same manner, pointing a finger at Joseph.

Gnollish:

"Scrawny human be amusing liar. Maybe i kill you first."

Silver Crusade

if he can continue casting during combat he would be interested in anyone else speaking or moving, did either arrows hit?


Ongoing

He has cover with the sailor in the way and partial because you're on a lower level than the gnoll is, that being the ship's edge.
However, you forgot inspire in your roll, with that, you only just managed, so yes.
If you mean by casting, using your paladin's detect evil, then you can use it as per your class' ruling. :)

Silver Crusade

never mind on the continuing to use detect evil, I do not want to give up the move action. Which means if Ala'Ihys took a move action in the first round to use detect evil, before the 5ft. step, he would not have gotten both shots off right? Haven't played a paladin, so rusty on the rules, sorry!


Ongoing

Using the move action for detect evil is only when using on a specific object/individual. You could do at will and notice something/someone within 60ft is evil. But you could do without in this case, it's clear this hyeana wants to kill/eat/enslave you. :)

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

For once, Brallenera doesn't charge head first into the enemy lines.

She get onto the ship's deck,trying to get hidden from any more javelin, uncork one potion carefully and drinks it

CLW potion: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Ridiculous bad roll.

Awww.... that's it? They should at least put some alcohol into their potions! I'll ask for a refund!


Ongoing

Ala'Ihys shoots two lucky arrows at the gnoll. It dosn't faze, but snarl in return.
The provider of CLW potions obviously being drunk while making the weak one Brallenera had bought, she drinks it anyway.
---------------------------------------------

Boarding the No Return, round 2.

Kravg
Joseph

Red
Toorin swings his sword at the sailor, but the plank was a bit slippery.
Gnoll (-8)
Blue
Ala'Ihys & Brallenera

Bold can post.

Silver Crusade

since you were kind enough to include the inspire for the attack can I talk you into the damage also? ;)

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

Since when does a trip maneuver cause me to be dragged closer?

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Climb check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Climb check, second try: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Oh come on...

Using two move actions to try at climbing up, apparently the rope is slippery


Ongoing

Well, here goes.

Boarding the No Return, round 2.

Kravg tries desperately to climb up, but the rope is slippery.
Joseph keeps inspire on in some way or another.
He moves up into view and tries talking to the gnoll, while trying to show it flashes of his deity's sign, hoping it to be unclear amidst battle.

Gnollish:

"Allow me and the others to pass and i will give you the location for the safe haven. I wish you no harm."

Joseph's rolls.:

Diplomacy vs gnoll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Sleight of hand: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Opposed perception checks can be made.
Passing allows Kn. Religion, weither you make that after combat is your choice.


Reply from gnoll:

"Hah, this funny. You no help them, you live. You fight, you die."

Red vs Toorin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Whack: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3, his swing is off my a few inches, much to Toorin's relief.
Toorin
Gnoll (-8)
Blue
Ala'Ihys & Brallenera

Toorin's turn.

Joseph, i went with this, since you mentioned you'd show your symbol to the gnoll.

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

Toorin is intensely curious about the strange language being spoken by Joseph. But he needs to focus on the chap trying to hurt him. He steps onto the boat, to give Ala'Ihys a better shot and renews his Arcane Strike before attacking again, taking a stance of the Elven fencing style.

Longsword, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5
damage, arcane strike: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9

He's not used to fighting on a shifting deck.


Ongoing

Note, just because i spoilered Joseph's rolls, there's a perception check people can make, provided it's plausible from their angle of facing Joseph.

Boarding the No Return, round 2.

Kravg tries desperately to climb up, but the rope is slippery.
Joseph keeps inspire on in some way or another.
He moves up into view and tries talking to the gnoll, while trying to show it flashes of his deity's sign, hoping it to be unclear amidst battle.
Toorin fights on, but misses the sailor.
--------------------------------------
Gnoll, it quickly says something to the sailors
"*snarl*..not hit pretty boy, but if he help them, kill."
It moves forward a bit, then lashes out at Brallenera. Drop yer axe: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Her axe is yanked from her hands.
Blue walks past Joseph.
You may take AoO, but see the gnoll comment. :)
Grapple vs Toorin, flank, 1 hand penalty: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 - 4 = 15
AoO Toorin, inspire: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6 Slash: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8
"Haharr! I have your friend, give up before i choke him."
----------------------------------------
Ala'Ihys & Brallenera

Sovereign Court

Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4th AC: 20 (T 15, FF 16), HP 19/30, Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +3 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc -2

Joseph seems to shift his mood with a sudden shake of his head. All of a sudden his posture has changed to that of someone a lot more rigid, angry and leers at the creature.

For a moment, you you can't tell being in battle, his eyes seem to change colour and he replies to the Gnoll once again, only the voice is now more high-pitched and feminine

Gnoll:

"I am the daughter of our Mother. You were given an order by my vassal and you shall comply or, after I kill you, you can explain to her why you disobayed a direct order and dared to strike a holy member of your clergy and disrupt our plan. Drop your weapon and surrender, NOW!"

The voice this time sounds extremely angry. Whatever has been said between the two, it seems Joseph is very angry right now, which is a unusual characteristic for him.

Maintian bardic peformance, Arcanse strike on Rapier and as he is clearly going against my wishes, I shall stab up the offender attacking Toorin.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 1 = 18

Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 6

Edit Should add Intimidate as that's what's going on now as it's more of a threat than a diplomacy

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Add any modifiers you wish


Ongoing

That'll be your next turn.

Gnoll:

"I spared you, not anymore. True vassal not attack gnolls."

Common: "Kill pretty boy too!"

Silver Crusade

what in the name of the dawnflower is going on

Ala'Ihys moves a little closer 5 ft. step and tries to see what Joseph and the Gnoll are doing,

perception: 1d20 ⇒ 3

hearing Josephs voice change he uses his detect evil abilities on Joseph, he then uses smite evil and quickly fires two more arrows at the gnoll calling out

"dawnflower aid me!

point blank shot, full attack, smite evil, inspire courage, AC 20 against gnoll

longbow attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 19 for damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10
longbow attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 11 for damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 9

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Brallenera was angry at being disarmed-again!- by a whip-carrying foe.
And this big hairy creature was in cohort with slavers, if not a slaver himself.
And she had to restrain herself killing (most) people, so far. Not very good for her inner peace.
And now the gnoll was attacking Pointy-Ears. How could Brallenera made fun of Pointy-Ears if the gnoll kills the elf? That would add to her anger.
And now the Sarenean's arrow will maybe kill the gnoll, and deprive her of her well earned victory, spoiling her of her rightful fun....
She needed some stress relief, because the anger was rising.
And rising.
And rising even more, because she truly despised slavers.

It wasn't very healthy to be around Brallenera when she was angry. If you were counted as a foe, your life tends to be short, and bloody.

Brallenera casually takes her mace now that her favorite weapon has been taken from her hands, and face the gnoll.

Awww, sweetie, why don't you take on someone your size?

There is murder in her eyes as the warrioress smashes the gnolls legs with her heavy mace.
RAGE! STR 20 CON 21 AC 15

attack, RAGE!, Insipire: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 25
dmg, RAGE!, Inspire: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 12


Ongoing

Things are getting interesting.
@ Ala'Ihys, since Joseph's latest dialogue are done on his next turn, he's not yet spouted that. With that detect evil going on specifically Joseph, you'd lose the full round attack. So you will attack full round now and hit once, for nice chunk there :)
If on your next turn decide to focus on Joseph, then by his actions, you'd pick up a certain alignment vibe.
@ Brallenera, Blue Sailor is holding and attacking Toorin, not the gnoll.

Ala'Ihys asks for the blessing of Sarenrae, and she listens, as his arrow hits the gnoll in the shoulder, dealing a solid hit.
Brallenera smashes onto the gnoll's legs. Despite the strong muscles i his legs, he certainly feels the swing......but the damn thing still stands! o.o
------------------------------------------------

Boarding the No Return, round 3.

Kravg
Joseph (to be resolved)
Red
Toorin
Gnoll
Blue
Ala'Ihys & Brallenera

Kravg, you're kind of forced to return to the docks, with the spot to board being taken.

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

Sigh... Very well then... Could you also elaborate on the dragging/displacement with a trip maneuver please?

Kravg climbs out of his situation and double moves over towards the others, aiming to get past the gnoll in a desperate attempt to get his revenge.

Acrobatics to move thorugh his square: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

I should be able to get to the current point with a double move. Should the gnoll stop me I'll be 1 square north of Brallenera.

Also for future reference, my CMD is 19, Trip CMD is 21 due to Imrpoved Trip


Ongoing

The why, because he is capable of it.

Boarding the No Return, round 3.

Kravg goes to the docks and makes a run to pass the gnoll.
AoO gnoll: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Hurt: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Kravg is now at -1.
Joseph(ine) jabs Blue for 6. "Ah! You guys aren't good in hearin' are you?"
Red, following the gnoll's order, heads over to Joeph, foolishly provoking from Toorin.
Toorin AoO, from grapple: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 2 = 20 Slash: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
?: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 2 = 5 Extra: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3, Toorin slashes a minor wound in the process.
Club vs Joseph: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Bump: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Red clobbers him/her over the head.
Toorin
Gnoll
Blue
Ala'Ihys & Brallenera

Toorin's turn.

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

Before I decide what Toorin does, what kind of armor, if any, does blue seem to be wearing? In case it's needed:

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Ongoing

Just the sailor shirt he's wearing.

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

Toorin maintains the Arcane Strike and swings his faintly glowing longsword at his captor's leg. "Best to disarm before you grab, boy."

Longsword, inspire, grappled: 1d20 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 1 - 2 = 12
slashing damage, inspire, magic: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

Hang on, isn't that what I'm making my Acrobatics roll for? To not get hit by that gnoll?

d20pfsrd.com wrote:
In addition, you can move through a threatened square without provoking an attack of opportunity from an enemy by using Acrobatics. When moving in this way, you move at half speed.

I calculated the distance GM, I don't get an AoO


Ongoing

Right..
But a 5ft step isn't that easy from the gnoll's square, with the big square being a solid structure with a sharp corner. You're still next to him to give him his reward.

Toorin manages to swing his sword around to hit the sailor in the leg.
The man lets out a yell of pain, losing his balance and falling head 1st onto the edge of the ship. KO m8, KO.
Gnoll: "Grr, you pay, you all pay."
Intimidate Brallenera: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (19) - 3 = 16
Brallenera is shaken for 1 round.
Ala'Ihys & Brallenera

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

West of the gnoll is still good as long as I didn't get hit. I didn't know that I couldn't get to that square, as I didn't know the way was obstructed enough I couldn't 5-foot step that last bit, but my intention was to get past gnoll unharmed. Current position is fine for me, though.

Silver Crusade

Joseph and I are going to need to have a talk, when we are done here

Ala'Ihys takes a step forward and drawing his bow he fires two quick arrows, calling out

"demon spawn you should have stayed away from civilized lands."

point blank shot, full attack, smite evil, inspire courage, AC 20 against gnoll

longbow attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 18 for damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 9
longbow attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 13 for damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 6

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Awww, you wanna spook me? Die! DIE! DIE!

Brallenera again smash the gnoll weakened leg, trying to bring it down.
There is a hint of respect, if not of fear, as the humanoid beast contibues to fight despite her blows and Ala'Ihys arrows

Attack, RAGE!, Inspire, Shaken: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 20
Dmg, RAGE!, Inspire: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 7


Ongoing

With a big slam, Brallenera swings her club into the leg, partially succumbing to pain, the flat drop on its head seals the deal.

The lone sailor's eyes grow.
"S~#!....", he makes gesture to want to run.

Regardless of pursuit or not >> Combat over.

The gnoll was carrying a potion of CLW.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4th AC: 20 (T 15, FF 16), HP 19/30, Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +3 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc -2

Joseph will head over to the creature's body and examine it's wounds.

Heal: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

Under the impression that the creature is dead he looks over his possessions for anything useful.

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

Kravg nods in respect to Brallenera and then sees the other sailor wanting to run and tries to catch him beforehand.

"Not so fast... First you are gonna tell us everything you know about this ship, its crew and other nasty surprises before we head in."

Kravg says, his fist clenched tightly and his kusarigama dangling in his other hand.

"You can run when you give us this information, not before that."

As Kravg is still first before red, Kravg will move to him and threaten him.

Silver Crusade

lets make sure it is dead

Ala'Ihys goes over to check the gnoll body with Joseph, collecting any weapons or items of value, he removes his scimitar and cuts the beast head off and tosses it overboard. Wiping his sword off, he turns to Joseph and says

"We will talk about this when we are done here."

he then goes to find out any information Kravg learned from the crewman.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Feeling the effects of her fury fading away, the blonde warrioress drinks her second potion

CLW potion: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

She feels way better, even if her powerful muscles still aches with exertion

RAGE! used: 2/7, Fatigued 4 rounds

She takes back her dwarfen axe, and uses it on the fallen gnoll, while Joseph is looking at its wounds

Coup de Grace: 3d10 + 9 ⇒ (9, 2, 8) + 9 = 28

I said I'll took no prisoners among the slavers.

Her voice is icy.
Maybe that will help the sailor spilling the beans


Ongoing

The gnoll wasn't dead yet when Joseph checks it, but it certainly is after Brallenera plunged her axe into its back and Ala'Ihys cuts its head off after that.
Environmental pollution... :)

The sailor, looking very nervous, is talking.
"Only other man apart from you lot i saw today was a middle aged man, wearin' proper quality clothes, askin' to see the cap'ain. He's below deck."

Silver Crusade

Having gotten close enough to the crewman to hear his answer Ala'Ihys ask,

"The captain you serve, is he man or beast? How many rooms below deck and where would they be meeting?"


Ongoing

"Beasts don't talk, where have you been?
1 deck only. Beats me where below."

I'll need to know who's going down first, and from which stairs.

Silver Crusade

Ala'Ihys gets very close to the man and pointing to the headless gnoll snarls

"That one did, and watch your tongue, I will not kill you, but that doesn't mean I won't bow whip you within an inch of your life."

turning away from the man, Ala'Ihys turns to address the pathfinders

"There appears to be two sets of stairs, one fore and one aft. If it's ok, Kravg and I will go bellow at the fore while Brallenera, Joseph and Toorin will go aft. This Pardu Pildapush seems to be a slippery fellow and I would like to prevent his escape this time."

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

At the end of combat, Toorin's Shield spell had 6 rounds left. How many rounds did the events after combat ended take? Toorin would prefer not to be the first into the hold, in case his shield wears off before the fighting ends.

"Brallenera, you may have the honor of first blood on the slavers below. I will assist and if we find the victim, I will focus on keeping her safe and getting her to safety. I have but one spell left and that is to make this rope into an animate object that can entangle a foe. I will use that if I get the chance."

He sheaths his sword and takes a coil of silk rope (50') in hand.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

And don't get yourself hurt too much, Pointy-Ears. You're supposed to be a smart guy. Use your magic on our foes,from the back, and let me get into the fray.

The voice is gruff but well meaning.

Awwww,maybe we should get a sixth man to heal our wounds in our team...


Ongoing
Toorin wrote:
How many rounds did the events after combat ended take?

The interrogating & other would have taken 3 rounds i'd say.

So, off into the hold with you all. I've placed you where Ala'Ihys suggested. The stairs are 10ft down.
Where & who: 2d2 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2Ala'Ihys is going first.

Act 5, into the belly of the beast.
Ala'Ihys climbs down the ladder, as he looks down the way to the rear of the hold, he is beset by a saddening sight.

Chained the length of the ship, two to a bench, are 50 filth-encrusted oar slaves bleeding from lacerations and open sores and slumped in sleep or exhaustion. The benches form a five-foot-wide aisle down the center of the galley, constricting movement in all but three areas: a 10-foot diameter around the main mast, slightly fore of midship, and the extreme ends of the galley which hold rooms.

More important, he turns his head as he hears a snarling and growling behind him. A gnoll, looking more savage and vicious than the one above on deck, stands 25ft away from him, looking at him with whip and axe in hand to go. Next to him, Pildapush.
What are the odds.

"It's you people! You're supposed to be dead!", he says while pointing his finger at Ala'Ihys.
-------------------------------------

Init rolls:

Ala'Ihys: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Brallenera: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Joseph: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Kravg: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Toorin: 2 = 2

Gnoll captain: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Pildapush: 1d20 ⇒ 5


If you lose with these init rolls, SHAME ON YOU :)

Below deck, round 1.

Joseph
Ala'Ihys & Brallenera
Kravg
Pildapush & gnoll captain
Toorin

Joseph's turn.
Team liberator, go time!

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Pushes Joseph downstairs to move things.(Awww, he tripped.^^)


Ongoing

Pushin a bit forward.

Below deck, round 1.

Joseph starts a verse of battles on ships, then climbs down.
Ala'Ihys & Brallenera
Kravg
Pildapush & gnoll captain
Toorin

Silver Crusade

Ala'Ihys, his eyes quickly adjusting to the light in the hold of the ship, seeing the slaver Pildapush with another gnoll, he skips his usual greeting and hearing Joseph inspiring verse calls out.

well at least he's too far away to whisper in this ones ear

"Gnoll your life is forfit, Pildapush if you desire a chance to live stand down"

Ala'Ihys steps over and back a little, to get a clearer shot, then quickly fires two arrows at the captain. 5 ft.

point blank shot, full attack, inspire courage,

longbow attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 11 for damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8
longbow attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 25 for damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7
confirm crit attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 19 for damage: 2d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8, 7) + 2 + 2 = 19


Ongoing

That is a rediculously badass hit, nice.
But substract the inspire dmg, you're just ouside Joseph's inspire.

Below deck, round 1.

Joseph starts a verse of battles on ships, then climbs down.
Ala'Ihys puts a an arrow into the gnoll for a heapload of hurt.
Brallenera
Kravg
Pildapush & gnoll captain
Toorin

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Brallenera descends the steps quickly, looking for a fight.

Awwww, you started the fun without me, Sarenaen?
Double move


Ongoing

Our trip expert's next.
At least he can't be tripped into the water here.


Ongoing

Botting Kravg.

Below deck, round 1.

Joseph starts a verse of battles on ships, then climbs down.
Ala'Ihys puts a an arrow into the gnoll for a heapload of hurt.
Brallenera heads down deck and closes distance.
Kravg heads down and aims to trip the gnoll.
Trip: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22, the gnoll falls prone and snarls at him.
Pildapush wants to come closer, provoking.
2nd trip: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23, Pildapush falls too.
He spends 2nd move to get up. Whack, vs prone: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 = 11Dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5, Pildapush gets hit over the head.
Gnoll captain stands up, yet another aoo. Combat reflexes from Kravg. Whack?: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 = 10 Dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6, the gnoll is lucky. He 5ft steps closer to Kravg and swings his axe.
Axe!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Hurt: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6, Kravg is disabled.
Toorin's turn.

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

Awk, that's what you get for a busy day, botted and disabled..

401 to 450 of 7,001 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Season 1, more adventure than even Indiana Jones can handle. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.