GM Chyro [PFS] Season 1 run. (Inactive)

Game Master Chyrone

Season 1 run with a few others mixed in.
Let's get it on, lvl 1 to lvl 12.


151 to 200 of 7,001 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

we are running out of time, this calm will end and the storm will blow

Ala'Ihys smiles at Brallenera and says

"I will not be afraid, if they flee or ask quarter I will give it, but an unrepentant evil doer will not pass me to harm these innocents, not if I have breath"

watching as Brallenera hands the alchemical thingies to the bard Ala'Ihys asks again using the taldan pronunciation

"Joseph shall you speak to them or shall I?"

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

"Not a problem." Kravg responds to Brallenera and takes up a position east behind the wall past the first few doors.

"I'll guard this point. If any of them tries to leave or if they initiate hostilities first I'll get them. So to be clear, we first try to talk with them? Very well then."

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

I am no diviner, but I predict they will sneer at offers of surrender. They are expecting defenseless beggers, after all. It will take a show of force to convince them and by then, they may well fight to the death, knowing their commander will be harsh if they run away and will not likely believe a band of beggers could put up enough of a defense to best the goons of the sewers. I would keep your offer short and simple. What advantage we may gain from surprise will be lost if we give them time to enter and hear your terms. I'll go along with this plan if all agree against me, however, I suggest a more agressive approach.

"We disguise ourselves as beggers, and one of us...," Toorin looks at Lord Joseph and Ala'Ihys, "imitates the Almsman holding a bag that they will expect is their extortion payment long enough to put them off their guard. As soon as we have the first of them in the room, we throw off our rags and take out the first. Those that enter after that can choose between fighing us or running away. This is all the mercy such as they deserve. They have committed themselves to harming innocents and are unlikely to choose a different course unless they fear for their lives. At that point, let mercy show her blessed face."

Silver Crusade

I do not enjoy disguises, especially when they entail beggars clothing

Ala'Ihys, clearly uncomfortable with putting on a beggars cloths nods toward the bard and then his bow

"he would look good in the almsman's costume, If Joseph wants to attempt such a ruse I will not stop him. It would be difficult to believe a beggar had acquired such a fine longbow"


Ongoing

Right, let's get going. I've placed Joseph in an opposite position of Toorin, if you want a different place, you can move your token.
Brallenera & Kravg, you have ample of time for stealth take 20, but to be immediately at the stairs around the corner is easy to see, 1 square further isn't in los of the bottom of the stairs.

The Almsman slowly shakes his head.
"There are a few flaws in your plan. To be taken for me requires these particular robes and mask, the latter of which i never part with, anonimity's sake. Plus they know i am defiant as of late with their 'taxes'. They know my voice. The easiest way is to pose as one of the poor, i have some spare simple clothes. I can take the sick behind the doors yonder however, while you tend to the 'negotiations'."

Feel free to buff up.
You take the precautions you deemed fit, and after a bit of waiting you hear voices in the distance. Laughter and footsteps can be heard approaching from the west. A voice calls out "Almsman! What say you? Are you resisting or giving us what we want? I hope you’re resisting!"

The Almsman says out loud; "You ruffians have no respect, i will not pay more commission, for i can't raise that rediculous amount."
Ala'Ihys is the first to see the face of a thug wearing the Steel Wyvern outfit come around the corner.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

I moved my token 1 square further so as not to be immediatly seen

Brallenera secures her hands on her axe handle, her body tense, ready to bring a bloody end to the Wiverns

Silver Crusade

let your mercy be swift, dawnflower, let them surrender without a fight or let their suffering end quickly

Holding his bow and three arrows in his left hand and one arrow in his right, prepared to fire quickly; Ala'Ihys waits patiently until seeing the face of one thug he quickly looks to the left and right of the door waiting for all the ruffians to enter into the sanctuary and be rewarded with the dawnflowers justice. As he sees more faces come around the corner and fill the stairwell Ala'Ihs repeats the line that he had been told when he arrived, editing it slightly.

"If you respect this sanctuary, lay down your arms and I'll offer you what sanctuary I can. Otherwise come in and receive your due commission."

assuming they don't surrender: delayed attack: when all of the ruffians are in the building and Toorin has cast burning disarm Ala'Ihys will fire upon the nearest armed ruffian, point blank shot and rapid shot

attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 1 = 17 for damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12 for damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Sovereign Court

Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4th AC: 20 (T 15, FF 16), HP 19/30, Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +3 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc -2

sorry I've not replied earlier. Been a little busy yesterday with a interview that lasted 10am to roughly 3:30pm...and I still didn't get the job. Gah. Also, do you mind if I change a spell of two? I don't know what I was thinking by taking poison egg...

Joseph appears to be muttering something to himself in a grumbled state.

Gnoll:
Joe, how about we cut them up and mark them for our Goddess? Leaving a horrifying scaring on their faces will leave a message.

Joseph then coughs as he looks at the men.
"I apologies. I have allergies in such a...damp place." he states, attempting to be polite.


Ongoing

I know the feeling man >.>.
As for the spells, after the scenario is over, if you please. We're at 4/5th of this one.

The thug sees a bunch of beggars, one of whom is talking back.
Sry, you blew cover with that.

Thug:"Hey boss, this beggar's grown some balls."
??: "Well we'll give him his due then, since we didn't get the response i wanted to hear."

Init rolls:

Ala'Ihys: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Brallenera: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Lord Joseph: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Kravg: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Toorin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Blue: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Green: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Yellow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Randalan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

1 Toorin 2 green: 1d2 ⇒ 1


Almsman's Sanctuary, round 1.

Lord Joseph
Yellow
Red
Kravg
Brallenera
Toorin
Green
Randalan
Ala'Ihys
Blue

Sovereign Court

Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4th AC: 20 (T 15, FF 16), HP 19/30, Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +3 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc -2

wow, didn't know we were that far through it. Sure I'll redo it then.

Joseph draws his rapier and then begins to start spinning a ode based on the pathfinder society:
“And it was Selmius Foster’s race against a marid and efreeti on the isle of Jalmeray, which taught us that nothing is truly impossible and every situation can end in victory.” he quotes with such vigor and enthusiasim

Inspire Courage being performed.


Ongoing

Almsman's Sanctuary, round 1.

Lord Joseph starts an inspiring ode, meanwhile....
Yellow decides to charge the archer in front of him.
Charge!!: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9 Dmg: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 2 = 4, an utter miss.
Red does as well.
Charge!!: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14 Dmg: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7, slightly better but still a miss.
Kravg
Brallenera
Toorin

Green
Randalan
Ala'Ihys
Blue

Bold are up.

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

When Toorin hears the Wyverns on the steps, he casts Shield on himself. When the thugs enter, he looks to see if any carries a metal weapon. If so, he will cast Burning Disarm; if not, TK Fist.

Burning Disarm:

Target has to be one of the two Wyverns closest to Toorin. If both have metal weapons, he'll target Red.
Target gets a reflex save DC 15. If made, the weapon was dropped before doing any damage.
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

TK Fist:

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Target = Red Wyvern

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

Hate to be a bother, but I actually get an AoO on yellow, we clearly know that they are there and Kravg can take AoO's while he is flat-footed, plus he has reach with his weapon.

AoO Ball side on yellow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 161d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Kravg takes a step 5-foot north-west and aims the ball side towards yellow again, throwing it in one smooth motion towards him while keeping aware of the others in the room.

Attack Ball side: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Kravg will take any AoO's possible on our opponents and will make trip maneuvers while doing so. Trip is at +7. Hopefully yellow's AC is 15 max as they've got -2 AC until their next turn.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Those don't deserve my wrath yet..

The warrioress nearly jumps out of her hideout, bringing her axe to the blue Wivern

Surprise!
Axe attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
2H dmg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

But she only hit the floor

Awww. I missed again. You know, that really begins to bother me.
She says casually to her foe

Hope you had a good day so far, cause I want it to be your last.


Ongoing

Kravg, pardon, just shows again i'm new to gaming with a reach monk.

Almsman's Sanctuary, round 1.

Lord Joseph starts an inspiring ode, meanwhile....
Yellow decides to charge the archer in front of him. However, Kravg knocks him down when he comes into sight.
Red does as well.
Charge!!: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14 Dmg: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7, slightly better but still a miss.
Kravg hits yellow again, what a bloody sight..
Brallenera comes up to block the way for the other thugs, but green smirks as she misses. "Aww, did the cute wittle dwarfy want to hit me?"
Toorin turns up the heat on red's spiked chain. Reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 4
"AAH! Hot!", hi hands are turning red.
Green retaliates on Brallenera. Chain: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Dmg: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8
Randalan 5ft hops forward. "Steel Wyverns we will be, bring the foolish to their knees. Should they then try to resist, a chance of living they'll have missed." Inspire.
He looks at Brallenera with her axe, he flick his wrist and Disarm with Whip, into melee: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 4 = 16. She feels her axe yanked out of her grip.
Ala'Ihys
Blue

Bold is up.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Awww... this was my axe. It's a dwarfen axe, you know. And you're not a dwarf. Guess I'll use my mace instead to kill you. Even if I have to use my bare hands and my teeth, I'll kill you, by Angradd. Then I'll take back my axe.

Brallenera seems like, totally unhappy at being disarmed so easily.

My attack rolls are so bad it's unbelievably funny.


Ongoing

Someone's got an axe to grind..
Ah, right, Ala'Ihys delayed for after the thugs.

Blue lashes out at Brallenera. Chain: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 Slash: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 2 = 7, on top of her axe, a thug dares hitting a lady.
Ala'Ihys shoots two arrows at red, after a quick 5ft step, hitting once for 5.

------------------------------
Almsman's Sanctuary, round 2.

Lord Joseph
Yellow
Red
Kravg
Brallenera
Toorin
Green
Randalan
Blue
Ala'Ihys

Joseph, good lord give em hell. :)

Sovereign Court

Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4th AC: 20 (T 15, FF 16), HP 19/30, Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +3 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc -2

Don't forget inspire courage is giving you all a +1 to attack and dam. Many not help with the 3 rolled earlier, but will help some of you :D

Joseph continues his ode, moving 10ft before attempting to viciously stab one of the thugs, however he clearly has no experience with the blade.

Attack on Red: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4


Ongoing

Almsman's Sanctuary, round 2.

Lord Joseph makes a jab at red, both red and Ala'Ihys see a rapier go between them forth and back.
Yellow attempts to stands up and provokes a trip from Kravg.
You be tripped: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27, he drops face in the dirt again. He wants revenge and lashes out from prone.
Chain, prone: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 4 = 21 Dmg: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 2 = 8
Crit?: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 4 = 7 Dmg: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 2 = 10, by luck he manages to have the chain connect with the monk, disabling him.
Red, hurt, gnashes his teeth at the hurt and interference. Still going after the archer, he 5ft steps forward.
Chain: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Dmg: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7, Ala'Ihys proves too nimble for him to hit....plus he's being a lousy aim.
Kravg
Brallenera
Toorin

Green
Randalan
Blue
Ala'Ihys

Bold are up.

Silver Crusade

Thank you for having him step back. As Joseph so succinctly pointed out, adding the +1 from inspire courage making Ala'Ihys attack 18 for 6 and 13 for 5, I will wait to attack until its his turn in the round to reduce confusion

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

Right...I should have specified about hitting who...This is a problem in play by post. Everyone who was not prone I would have tripped anyone who was prone and standing up I would have hit in the face.
Also, I didn't know yellow was still alive as I didn't trip him or anything I've hit him in the face twice. By your desription I thought he was down. He would have still finished his charge maneuver.

Sorry for the rant, but this came totally out of the blue for me. If he would have 5-foot stepped towards me it wouldn't have mattered, but this has become confusing for me.


Ongoing

Confusion understood, ut i tend to remove their tokens from the map when they are and their pic in 'dead red'. For now as it stands.

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

Also, if he was lying there I would have also made a flurry of blows on him on my turn which would have had a decent chance to hit with a +6 on both instead of the single attack that was aimed at him being in the square besides red (the square where I thought he was when I made my attack). Also Brallenera would have gotten an AoO on him as he was trying to stand up from the position he now has on the map.

By moving him from his intended position to the one he has now I haven't been able to retcon my attack. Why would I attack with a reach weapon if there is a prone enemy lying in front of me?

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

Did Red hold onto his chain in spite of the heat? My interpretation of the spell is that unless the item is un-droppable, it will be dropped. Since he attempted the reflex save, I would interpret the attempt to mean he dropped the weapon, just not quickly enough to avoid damage. Or did he have a second chain on him?

Toorin wants to help Brallenera, but can't get by Red without giving him an opportunity to attack him. So instead, he draws his longsword and steps up to flank Red and attack. I believe this is what you humans call a poetry slam? Our Lord's effort makes yours sound like the slum doggerel!

longsword, inspire, flanking: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 7
damage, inspire: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4

Edit: At present, Toorin's AC is 17: +4 Shield spell, +2 Dex, +1 Expert Duelist trait, since he is threatened by only 1 opponent.


Ongoing

Ah, i overread it, i assumed the reflex was a must, well then the poor fool drops it.

Almsman's Sanctuary, round 2.

Lord Joseph makes a jab at red, both red and Ala'Ihys see a rapier go between them forth and back.
Yellow: Stuff
Red, hurt, gnashes his teeth at the hurt and interference. He drops his chain with blisters on his hands. (disarmed)
Kravg Stays defensive?
Brallenera
Toorin makes a sword thrust at red, making the thug sweat even more.
Green
Randalan
Blue
Ala'Ihys

Brallenera is up.

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

...

Kravg takes a 5-foot step northwards and opens up his pouch and withdraws a potion from it.

Single move action to withdraw a potion, I will not make AoO's at this point.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Brallenera takes her mace, but miss again.

Attack, Inspire: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6 Really, diceroller? Really? Really?
2H dmg, Inspire: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10

She stays silent,and grits her teeth.


Ongoing

I apologize, please don't keelhaul me. A moderate error on my part. The thugs have a mere +1 on instead of +5 on their chains.
Brallenera is still on 16 instead of 9.
Kravg is still on 8 and will get his appropriate AoO vs green. Yellow bites it i say.

Almsman's Sanctuary, round 2.

Lord Joseph makes a jab at red, both red and Ala'Ihys see a rapier go between them forth and back.
Yellow: Stuff
Red, hurt, gnashes his teeth at the hurt and interference. He drops his chain with blisters on his hands. (disarmed)
Kravg whacks yellow, permanently.
Brallenera swings at green ?, but somehow the thug dodges again. He shows his tongue in a *nyenye* fashion.
Toorin makes a sword thrust at red, making the thug sweat even more.

Randalan shouts: "Spread out, don't just stand there, pick a target! You, the fencer, you, the archer. We'll keep this fine looking lass company."
Green attempts to charge Joseph, he takes an AoO from Brallenera and Kravg however.
AoO, inspire: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9 Whack, inspire: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8, she seems jinxed today.
Trip, inspire: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17, green falls flat onto the ground and is now prone. He tries to get up, taking another AoO from Kravg.
Ball to chest: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 = 18 Dmg, inspire: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5
AC dropped to 12 due to charge.

Randalan keeps up his inspire. He flicks his wrist again and tries to pick away Brallenera's new weapon. "Girls shouldn't play with weapons."
Whip to disarm, inspire, into melee: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 - 4 = 21
He manages to do so. "Hahaha!"
Blue, grumpy he's sent further ahead, moves towards Ala'Ihys. That forces him to move past Joseph, who jabs the man firmly as he tries to walk past.
Rapier, inspire: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7 Jab, inspire: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4
He misses however.
Blue, hoping to hit his assigned target, swings firmly Chain, inspire: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5 Slash, inspire: 2d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 2 + 1 = 6 and fails epicly.

Ala'Ihys.

Silver Crusade

hit and run, I must remember to hit and run, even in these close quarters the dawnflower will provide a way

Ala'Ihys, refusing to shoot at an unarmed enemy steps back and away from the new threat blue and fires two arrows.

so five foot step and full attack against blue add inspire courage and point blank shot, crap I just realized I put a d6 for the arrows instead of a d8 on my first attack duh

attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 24 for damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8
attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 23 for damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4


Ongoing

"Hurk..."

With a swift double shot, Ala'Ihys finishes off blue.
--------------------------------

Almsman's Sanctuary, round 3.
Lord Joseph
Red
Brallenera
Kravg
Green
Randalan
Ala'IHys


Ongoing

I'll take Joseph's turn.

Almsman's Sanctuary, round 3.

Lord Joseph strikes again at red, flanking with Toorin.
Rapier, flank, inspire: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 15 Dmg, inspire: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4. Red feels a sharp pain and sees a rapier sticking out of his chest, before it is retracted and he slumps down.
Brallenera
Kravg

Green
Randalan
Ala'IHys

Bold are up, just 2 more.

Liberty's Edge

Status:
HP: 18/18; AC: 17, T: 16, FF: 14; CMB: +4; CMD: 20; Fort: 4, Ref: 6, Will: 6; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Tengu Monk (Flowing Monk/Monk of the Iron Mountain) 2

If Brallenera doesn't finish green off Kravg takes a step south-west and uses a flurry of elbows and knees against green.

Flurry of Blows: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 1 = 221d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 1 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

If green goes down before Kravg is up

Kravg moves towards Randalan and tires to punch him in the face.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 151d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Kravg still has his kusarigama in one hand and will use his AoO's to trip Randalan if he tries to get away.


Ongoing

I seem to have placed you behind Brallenera in order, but you beat her init by 2, so the attack is yours.

Almsman's Sanctuary, round 3.

Lord Joseph strikes again at red, flanking with Toorin.
Rapier, flank, inspire: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 15 Dmg, inspire: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4. Red feels a sharp pain and sees a rapier sticking out of his chest, before it is retracted and he slumps down.
Kravg Crit?, inspire: 1d20 + 3 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 1 + 1 = 14 Extra, inspire: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6
He deftly cracks a rib in green and the thug slumps down onto the ground.
Brallenera
Randalan
Ala'IHys

Brallenera's up, only Randalan left.

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

I think Toorin got left out this round. He was right after Brallenera.

Toorin moves closer to the bard in the stairs. Not sure if the arrows on these maps indicate stairs going up or down, but he can move closer if he needs to in order to avoid any cover provided by the stairs.

Then he sends a telekinetic fist his way.

TK Fist, ranged touch, inspire: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3


Ongoing

The stairs he's on lead up. Hopefully Brallenera gets her hit in.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Awww, that just left you, sugah.... I still got an handaxe, you know. But then you'll use your whip, and disarm me again. That's quite the running gag, but I got enough of this. Time to do somethin" unexpected.

Weaponless but with death in her eyes, Brallenra rushes furiously to the man, even if she knows she's exposing herself to his attacks,delivering an head butt to his groin, punching and kicking without any style or method but terrific efficacity and tremendous power. Hulk up: Rage, +4 STR/CON, -2 AC

Awww, you shouldn't have attacked those beggars...They can't defend themselves! But I can defend them, so I will! Try to disarm me of my fists! Your mine now!

Acrobatics to not provoke AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
[dice=Watcha ya gonna do, brother , when the 12" pythons and the Brallenmania run wild on ya? (rage bonus, Inspire)]1d20+4+1+2[/dice]
To beat or not to beat, that is the question... and to beat ya is my answer!: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Ongoing

Nope, no AoO for this weasel.

With Brallenera having enough of Randalan's whip, she storms at him like a bull at a cloth. His eyes widen at the impact on his 'legacy jewels'.

"Hey..no fair..."
Randalan casts a few words, after which he declares. "You'll be sorry...ow my sack..."
He bolts away as fast as his legs can carry him.

Spellcraft 16:

Expeditious retreat

Combat over.

Silver Crusade

could Ala'Ihys run after him or would he be too fast to catch? Just need to get close enough to shoot him.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

no AoO from me as he casts his spell? No hindrance to movement with an headbutt to groin?^^


Ongoing

@ Ala'Ihys, His headstart is a bit much, compared to your starting position. Since he runs twice his speed on his turns due to the spell. The pdf mentioned several entranceways along your route to here, it's no straight line he would be using.

@ Brallenera, you said you attacked unarmed. Unless you have improved unarmed strike, his casting doesn't provoke afaik, and though i would imagine his running is difficult, the rules don't calculate..

Sovereign Court

Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist)/4th AC: 20 (T 15, FF 16), HP 19/30, Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +3 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | Init +4 | Perc -2

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

"I doupt it!" Joseph calls after him as he looks over the man's fallen comrades. "Do we question them or not?"

Silver Crusade

we need to stop him, looks like he’s using magic to escape

Seeing the ringleader flee the crypt, Ala’Ihys quickly runs to the exit to see if he can get a shot off, but the man is too fast. Unwilling to let the man go unpunished he returns to the combat scene and begins checking to see if any of the downed criminals are still alive for questioning. As he checks the thugs for signs of life he also removes anything of value.

”If we can, we need to find out where he was headed. If we get no answers from these, either because they are unable or unwilling to talk; we should be able follow the graffiti in the sewer back to their hideout.”

don't know if I need a perception roll for signs of life or to frisk their pockets. If he does he will just take 10


Ongoing

An interesting approach as that might be, the graffiti is only an indicator that some area is under their 'control', there is no mention in the scenario's pdf on it. But hey, it's all up to you guys, though i wouldn't recommend it, with another fight already on the rail ahead.

Ala'Ihys searches the thugs for items, to his disappointment (?) they were only carrying the gear they fought with. They are, or have already been, bleeding out.

The Almsman approaches through the previously shut double door.
"I heard no more fighting, i assumed correctly." As he briefly goes over the faces of the thugs on the floor, he nods. "These, along with a man named Randalan, have been harassing me up until now, you have my and these folks' thanks. As a compensation, i'll offer some healing free of charge to those who want it."

2 more charges of healing is what he offers.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Brallenera picks up her weapons, and takes some time to calm herself

Awwww,sorry,Almsman, I didn't planned, and let my temper get the best of me. I should have use my last handaxe instead of punching this Randalan's fellow. Do you think he still might be a threat for you later? Could he try to get some revenge on you?


Ongoing

"Without his goons, he won't be much of a threat for a good while. This gives me time to prepare for any future inconvenience he might pose in the future."

Silver Crusade

so four spiked chains?

These men have nothing, is that why they steel from the destitute? It matters not they chose to prey on the weak, they were not forced

As Ala'Ihys closes the eyes on the last of the thugs, he gathers up there spiked chains, and turning to Brallenera and asks her

"Brave Brallenera you have nothing to apologize for you, did what seemed best to you, that's all any of us can do. You seem to be injured why don't you accept The Almsman offer of healing. After he has finished he may then share the details on Gandros."


Ongoing

4 spiked chains and 4 leather armors.

The almsman holds his hand near Brallenera's wounds.
CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 They are fully closed.

He then nods at Ala'Ihys.
"That was our agreement, indeed. Well, without doubt you've noticed his behavior is eccentric and haughty. I 'suspect' under some influence, at which i deducted his point of leave is near. When you leave here, head east and take the next intersection to the south. Look for an old door in a mossy area on the southern wall. It should have 'Skytower' inscripted. Whatever the man is on about, most likely lies within"

Sovereign Court

Male LG Elf Transmuter (Spellbinder) 2 / Investigator (Empiricist) 1 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Telekinetic fist: 7/7; Mythic Power 5/7 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor6

After the fight, Toorin first checks that the others are not mortally wounded and generally helps with the collection of weapons and the respectful disposal of the bodies. He spends a bit of time talking to the squatters asking them how they ended up in such poverty.

Afterwards, he shakes his head and says to the Almsman, "Your marketplaces are full of food, yet here are people who could starve for lack of coin. Such things do not happen in Kyonin, where I grew up. If it be like this in a country renowned for love of freedom, I fear what I shall find in less enlightened lands. Perhaps you have too much freedom if people are free to starve."

He doesn't say it harshly but doesn't realize the implicit judgment in his words.

After the Almsman has revealed his information, Toorin says, "I will need to rest overnight to regain more spells, but if you are anxious to push on, I can manage. I can still throw a few punches," he adds, making motions with his fists as he does when he casts his invisible fists of thought.


Ongoing

The Almsman parries.

"These folk did not choose to 'lack coin', diverse circumstances have ended them up to this sad fate. 'Freedom' to starve implicates one does, in fact have coin, but chooses not to eat. These folk 'cannot' eat every day like you could."

Silver Crusade

fired four arrows, three hit, 50% chance 51-100 good

1d100 ⇒ 60

so recovered one arrow, used three

so many different ways magic can be used and used up, its so very confusing

After gathering what arrows he can find, Ala'Ihys making sure his veil is tucked carefully around his face, avoiding the conversation about politics to be polite, confesses to Toorin.

"My Elven friend, with your permission, I would prefer to finish as quickly as possible. The idea of returning tomorrow, or heaven forbid spending the night sleeping in this place, is so repulsive I would continue if I had no arrows. Speaking of which if you 'run out of magic' you can use that fine bow you carry."

Looking at the Almsman Ala'Ihys repeats the directions

"East, next intersection south, mossy area, old door, southern wall, inscription 'skytower'? If that is about right, we shall take our leave Almsman, May the dawnflower bless you in your endeavors here In this place."

Finishing with the niceties, Ala'Ihys heads to the door and awaits Brallenera or Kravg to take the lead.

151 to 200 of 7,001 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Season 1, more adventure than even Indiana Jones can handle. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.