GM Chadius's Solstice Scar (Standard 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master chadius

Map Slides


1 to 50 of 465 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Welcome to GM Chadius's Solstice Scar B.

Silver Crusade

Male NG Medium humanoid (human) (Chelaxian) bard 1 | HP 9/10 | AC 12 T 10 FF 12 | CMB +1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 5/9 (Lingering Performance) | Spells: 2/3 1st

Not so invisible dot

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

The huge northerner spits on his golden amulet and then buffs it dry with the hem of his fur cloak.

"I HATE waiting...." he growls under his breath.

Silver Crusade

Male NG Medium humanoid (human) (Chelaxian) bard 1 | HP 9/10 | AC 12 T 10 FF 12 | CMB +1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 5/9 (Lingering Performance) | Spells: 2/3 1st

Tuning his mandolin, the young man looks up at the grumbling northerner and grins, plucking a few strings.

"Now, I do say that waitin' can take a bit o' toll, which is why I found the joy of music! If we are waitin' for the same thing, I recon I should introduce myself. Back in Cheliax, I was given the name of Astolfo, but y'all can call me whatever you wish."

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Jajee strolls over to the pair of pathfinders, offering a salute as he approaches "Aye, the calm before were sent into the field again, that brief window of time before it all begins always feels like.. Eternity, but a good minstrel helps pass the time! Pleased to make your acquantices, the names Jajee. You said your names were Astolfo, and.." Jajee looks over to the sea weathered man and gives a nod in his direction "..Im sorry, didn't catch yours, what title does the veteran of war before me go by?" He remarks, taking a seat by the others and setting down his heavy shield, his arm glad to be free of the constant weight. Though made of Darkwood the spiked shield was still quite exhausting to heft around all the time, or perhaps that was his age showing again...

Silver Crusade

Male NG Medium humanoid (human) (Chelaxian) bard 1 | HP 9/10 | AC 12 T 10 FF 12 | CMB +1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 5/9 (Lingering Performance) | Spells: 2/3 1st

"I am flatter'd bein' called a good minstral good Jajee. I do say it may been some sort o' curse that lets my strings pluck the way they do, but, makes a good livin'. Heard that this here Society pays fer travel t' other countries, so I decided t' join up. Was told by a wee halflin' gal to come to this here lobby and wait t' be called on. Also muttered 'bout not doin' some confirmation or schoolin' 'fore I do jobs. Told 'er I learn better from livin' the lessons, and not some book."

Finally tuning the mandolin to his liking, Astolfo grins as he begins to strum for a moment before playing a quiet, yet happy tune to alleviate the lack of music in the chamber. Perform (Strings): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Jajee Shinhan wrote:
Jajee strolls over to the pair of pathfinders, offering a salute as he approaches "Aye, the calm before were sent into the field again, that brief window of time before it all begins always feels like.. Eternity, but a good minstrel helps pass the time! Pleased to make your acquantices, the names Jajee. You said your names were Astolfo, and.."

"Give it five minutes." the big Ulfen says scowling, his arms crossed across his broad chest. "Name's Agirran, and the imperialist strummer's Whatever, or maybe Mr. Wish if you're tryin' fer formal."

Dark Archive

Female
Skills:
K Arcana +8;K Nature +8; K Planes +8, Spellcraft +87; UMD +5
Elf
Hex:
DC 14
Witch 2 (HP: 12/12)(AC:14 (18 w/ MA) FF:11 T:13)(F:+1 R:+3 W:+3)(Initiative:+5)(Perception:+8)

"...What smells....?" the lithe female elf says as she walks into the room and then proceeds to look at the Shoanti and Ulfen...

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

"Aye, tis the smell of victory that's assaulting your senses lass! Names Jajee, this here next to me.. is Agirran. Pleased to meet you lady..?" Jajee remarks at the newcomer

Grand Lodge

”Yoon” | female CG human pyrokineticist 1 | HP 10/15 nonlethal damage: 2 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMB –2 CMD 11 | F +5 R +5 W +1 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +3 | Perc +5 SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 2/6 | Active Conditions: None

A young girl wearing bright leathers in shades of red and orange bounces into the room. She looks around at the group and begins to laugh at the Ulfen man.

"Waiting is dreadful! I agree! So I won't wait to introduce myself. Hello everyone....my name is Yoon...and this is GOM-GOM! Rawr! Hah, just kidding I know toys are for kids but I can't bear to get rid of it." says the young girl as she shows off her stuffed owlbear.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

Agirran's eyes roll.

"And here I thought gnomes where annoying."

Silver Crusade

Male NG Medium humanoid (human) (Chelaxian) bard 1 | HP 9/10 | AC 12 T 10 FF 12 | CMB +1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 5/9 (Lingering Performance) | Spells: 2/3 1st

"Gom-gom looks like a valuable member to our team! Pleasure to meet the three of you!"

Nodding his head, the bard greets Lady Sithka'landrianna, Lady Yoon, and companion Gom-gom with multiple strums of his mandolin.

Dark Archive

Female
Skills:
K Arcana +8;K Nature +8; K Planes +8, Spellcraft +87; UMD +5
Elf
Hex:
DC 14
Witch 2 (HP: 12/12)(AC:14 (18 w/ MA) FF:11 T:13)(F:+1 R:+3 W:+3)(Initiative:+5)(Perception:+8)

"My name is Sythka'landrianna Seiðkonur and while that name may be more difficult for some of you..." she says looking at the Shoanti and Ulfen... "You can call my Sythka. Tis a shortened name good for humans to pronounce." Sythka nods to each in turn then finds a seat acutely aware she may be the only non human among them.

Silver Crusade

Male NG Medium humanoid (human) (Chelaxian) bard 1 | HP 9/10 | AC 12 T 10 FF 12 | CMB +1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 5/9 (Lingering Performance) | Spells: 2/3 1st

"Right you are! Your name is quite the mouthful, but when coming off your lips, sounds quite elegant," Astolfo chuckles, continuously plinking chords.

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Jajee greets Yoon, her companion Gom-Gom, and Lady Sythka, offering a courteous bow to each. "I apologize in advance Lady Sythka, if I butcher your name, I'm sure it sounds nowhere near as eloquent rolling off my brash tongue. And what's this? Is that an Owl beardoll?!! Gom-Gom looks fierce indeed! I had one of these back in the day..." the large Shoanti man remarks excitedly to Yoon

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

A young Kitsune passes silently through the door, and tries to make it to a shadowed corner before anyone sees him. As he's moving cautiously along, he lifts his head, and realizes everyone is looking at him as he tries to "stealth" his way through a well-lit room in full view of everyone. "Ah, hello! How are you all? Um... quite the Torchbearing we've been having, eh? How did you all do at the, ah, camouflage contests?"

Sovereign Court

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

@Table GMs: If you haven't already, please run "Beginning Part 1" on page 7 of the scenario, and then wait for the next announcement before continuing.

@Players: Please have fun, and remember to explore, report and cooperate at all times.


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

You heard the GM, let's get posting! If you haven't posted full character details yet, please do so in the Discussion thread!

The fourth and final day of training has come to a close at the Grand Lodge of Absalom, heralding the end of this year’s Torchbearing. Pathfinders the world over attend this annual symposium to share their knowledge, teach each other new skills, and reinforce their connections across the Inner Sea and beyond. To celebrate the end of festivities, the lodge has hosted a grand banquet in the visiting agents’ honor. A refreshing winter breeze blows through an open window, flickering torches and sending papers scattering. The smell of freshly baked desserts fills the air while initiates clear away the remnants of the first course.

Does anyone possess the Restful Pathfinders’ Lounge vanity? If so, you can attend a special private banquet that grants you the benefits of hero’s feast for the duration of the first part of this adventure. You can invite 1 guest to attend, like another PC or an animal companion.

The Three Masters, along with other notable Pathfinders, taught a variety of classes, from Golarion’s history to spellcasting techniques, and ran obstacle courses and a triathlon.

What was the subject you learned the most about this week? For the rest of this special, you can treat this as a class skill, or gain a +1 bonus on checks with that skill if it was already a class skill.

Based on the result of a Diplomacy (Gather Information) or Knowledge(Local) skill check, you might know more about the Torchbearing.

15+:
The Three Masters use the event to keep an eye out for particularly talented agents that embody the Pathfinder Society ideals: Explore, Report, and Cooperate.

20+:
At the end of the Torchbearing, the most exemplary agents are publicly recognized and given special wayfinders.

25+:
Sometimes Pathfinder agents disappear for hours during the course of events. Rumors suggest they are brought before The Decemvirate, but no one can agree on why.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Sythka'landrianna Seiðkonur wrote:
"My name is Sythka'landrianna Seiðkonur and while that name may be more difficult for some of you..." she says looking at the Shoanti and Ulfen... "You can call my Sythka. Tis a shortened name good for humans to pronounce." Sythka nods to each in turn then finds a seat acutely aware she may be the only non human among them.

"Sounds good to me Ice Queen."

Skill choice: Knowledge (local)!

knowledge (local port of call): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 = 21

The Three Masters use the Torchbearing to keep an eye out for particularly talented agents that embody the Pathfinder Society ideals: Explore, Report, and Cooperate. **Snort!** Guess we're all on the naughty list. Probably get a wayfinder built into an anchor.

"Whatever." Agirran says sullenly.

Agirran returns to his third bowl of stew--drawing it to his lips and slurping loudly. His silverware, remains unused, still wrapped in its cloth napkin. He bare hands a warm roll out of a passing basket and mops the rest of the stew out of the bowl before downing the mashed bun, and setting the bowl atop the tower of dishware next to his elbow.

**BUUUUUUUURP!** "You gonna eat that?" he asks of the person next to him.

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

Karu's appetite has been thoroughly spoiled by this display, and pushes the plate towards the ulfen warrior. "Be my guest."

All of the skills I have ranks in are class skills, so I'll pick perception.

Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

"Is that so... I hope I've been at least a little bit impressive."

Grand Lodge

”Yoon” | female CG human pyrokineticist 1 | HP 10/15 nonlethal damage: 2 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMB –2 CMD 11 | F +5 R +5 W +1 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +3 | Perc +5 SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 2/6 | Active Conditions: None

"That is a pretty name Sythka! Happy to meet you!"

---

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

After spending some time with other guests sporting her charming smile she has exciting news to share.

"Oh oh oh! Did you all hear? The most exemplary Pathfinders get special Wayfinders and some even get whisked away for super secret missions? Maybe they will choose us next especially if they hear the way I will tell our story." she starts to giggle at the thought of being brought before everyone.

I will take Bluff as a class skill.

Dark Archive

Female
Skills:
K Arcana +8;K Nature +8; K Planes +8, Spellcraft +87; UMD +5
Elf
Hex:
DC 14
Witch 2 (HP: 12/12)(AC:14 (18 w/ MA) FF:11 T:13)(F:+1 R:+3 W:+3)(Initiative:+5)(Perception:+8)

"I did not like all that physical activity throughout the week. Mind you the local classes on etiquette and history and who are VIPs was informative." Sythka says to the others nonchalantly.

Skill choice: Knowledge (local). She's pretty smart so that will help.

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Skill Choice: Disable device
Jajee throughout the week picks up some helpful hints in the roguish arts.

"Super secret missions and wayfinders? Now theres my cup of ale!" Jajee replies to Yoon, before proceeding to wolf down a plate of what looks like every dish that was offered all combined together unceremoniously, the Shoanti man lacking any noticeable table etiquette.

Silver Crusade

Male NG Medium humanoid (human) (Chelaxian) bard 1 | HP 9/10 | AC 12 T 10 FF 12 | CMB +1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 5/9 (Lingering Performance) | Spells: 2/3 1st

Skill of Strings, because, I want to be a better bard!

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Eating a couple of bites of food before placing his elbows on the table, waving his drumstick at the others. "You know, I've heard that some of these agents tend to disappear for a while during this event. Something about possibly seeing The Decemvirate, or something."

Dropping the drumstick onto the place, Astolfo grimaces for a moment, massaging his hands. "Training has been pretty nasty, moreso than what I would have thought. They expect EVERYONE to participate in the physical courses and scholarly classes, aside from what they want to specialize in. That may be why most come to school here before becoming a Pathfinder!" Chuckling a bit, he takes his goblet and drinks a bit. "At least I found a few titles in the library to practice during some of the off time."

Sovereign Court

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

The front doors of Skyreach burst open with a loud crack. Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin strides to the edge of the platform, with a slender elf dressed in practical but expensive clothing trailing meekly behind. The red-faced venture-captain addresses the crowd in a booming voice.

“Pathfinders, I regret interrupting the festivities, but we have something of a situation. Approximately twenty minutes ago, unknown forces invaded the Blakros Museum. Fortunately for everyone involved, the Torchbearing is about cooperation and helping our colleagues, so let’s think of this less as an inconvenience and more as an opportunity to practice what we preach.”

The elf, Nigel, exhales sharply, then speaks, “Now, Ambrus, I’ve spent a king’s ransom fortifying the museum from all sorts of invaders: sentinels from the Golemworks, magical wards from the Arcanamirium, and even contracts for guard beasts, both magical and mundane—spared no expense. I didn’t want to come here, but I’ve got no choice.”

Valsin’s forced smile cracks slightly, showing his annoyance. “Out with it, Nigel. Get to the point.”

“Someone broke into my museum and set off the magical protections! I was preserving priceless Shining Crusade pieces for our new exhibit when the first alarm activated. I sent for district guards and went to investigate, but by the time I arrived, the thieves had already locked themselves in my study. They somehow caused the Shining Crusade relics to fly around the museum and attack my sentinels. Everything is going haywire! The magical traps started to target me, the sentinels are not responding to my commands, and—”

Valsin holds out a hand to steady the increasingly agitated elf. “The last you knew, the thieves were still in your study?” Nigel nods. “Very well. Pathfinders: the Seekers should prepare to teleport directly into the Blakros study—“

“That won’t work,” Nigel interrupts, “The study is magically sealed. After that dreadful Numerian exhibit, I turned it into a magical safe room. The robbers must have figured out how to activate it; no one can get in or out while the wards hold. I can work on breaking the wards, but meanwhile my sentinels are smashing up the collection. Some of those priceless relics are on loan from your own Society lodges, so helping me is really helping yourselves.”

“Fine.” Ambrus Valsin takes a deep breath and then turns to the assembled Pathfinders. “Pathfinders, go to the Blakros Museum, secure any relics you can, disable the security systems, and apprehend the looters if possible. Stay safe.”

@Table GMs: You have until May 16 to run Part A on page 10 and Part B on page 14, in whatever order you choose.

Dark Archive

Female
Skills:
K Arcana +8;K Nature +8; K Planes +8, Spellcraft +87; UMD +5
Elf
Hex:
DC 14
Witch 2 (HP: 12/12)(AC:14 (18 w/ MA) FF:11 T:13)(F:+1 R:+3 W:+3)(Initiative:+5)(Perception:+8)

'that is terrible Sythka mutters under her breath...

Watching the gathering of pathfinders scurry about Sythka looks for safety with some other entry level agents. "Who am I to go with?" she asks aloud. Unable to find a suitable number of elves to join for this mission Sythka moves to stand behind the Shoanti and the Ulfen she met earlier.
"Well then... let us not delay... after you two..."

just before entering the mansion Sythka will cast Mage Armor

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Jajee follows in front of Lady Sythka, flanking her and keeping a vigilant watch over his new ward. "[b}Seems fate has blessed us with an opportunity to show the Association we are worthy indeed! Let us be off then, glory awaits us![/b]"


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

The Blakros museum. Again.

What do you remember about the Blakros family? Make a Knowledge (nobility) check.

10+:
The Blakros are one of the wealthiest and most well- known merchant families from Taldor. They own a variety of businesses with interests all over the Inner Sea.

15+:
For years, the Pathfinder Society and the Blakros family have been allies, even if only at arm’s length. Occasionally the family invites notable Pathfinders to one of its high-society affairs.

20+:
The Blakros family has been involved with some shady organizations during its rise to power, including the Onyx Alliance and House Thrune.

And what about the Blakros Museum? Make a Knowledge (local) check.

10+:
The Blakros Museum is located in the Wise District, owned by the Blakros family, and curated by Nigel Aldain (a former Pathfinder). It is open to the public when an exhibit is on display. Though the exterior of the building is ugly and squat, patrons marvel at how much bigger it is on the inside.

15+:
The museum has been closed for the past several months, ramping up for a huge exhibit, “Legacy of the Shining Crusade,” opening next week.

20+:
Rumors suggest that shadow magic makes the inside of the museum larger. A few years ago the inside changed drastically, which drew the curiosity of many in Absalom.

25+:
Ralzeros the Overwatched was a powerful wizard who owned the building before the Blakros Family. Evidence suggests he cursed the building on his death. The number of accidents and strange events that occur there would seem to support that rumor.

And what do you know about Nigel Aldain? Make another Knowledge(Local) check.

10+:
Though the relationship between the Society and Nigel is often strained, they remain steadfast allies. Nigel often collaborates with the Society, loaning artifacts and trading information. He has obsessively researched the Shining Crusade for the past several months.

15+:
Nigel is a former Pathfinder who resigned a er marrying Dhrami Blakros; the position of curator was part of his marriage contract.

20+:
Nigel’s museum has suffered many mishaps since he became curator, which the Society has regularly helped clean up. Nigel still tries to distance himself from the Society and act independently, but when trouble befalls the museum, he often turns to the Society for help.

25+:
Recently, Nigel has spent a fortune in security for the museum, particularly in magical protections from the Arcanamirium and Golemworks in Magnimar.


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

You finish gathering your supplies and head towards the Skyreach.

The front doors of Skyreach burst open with a loud crack. Venture- Captain Ambrus Valsin strides to the edge of the platform, with a slender elf dressed in practical but expensive clothing trailing meekly behind. The red-faced venture-captain addresses the crowd in a booming voice. “Pathfinders, I regret interrupting the festivities, but we have something of a situation. Approximately twenty minutes ago, unknown forces invaded the Blakros Museum. Fortunately for everyone involved, the Torchbearing is about cooperation and helping our colleagues, so let’s think of this the less as an inconvenience and more as an opportunity to practice what we preach.”

The elf, Nigel, exhales sharply, then speaks, “Now, Ambrus, I’ve spent a king’s ransom fortifying the museum from all sorts of invaders: sentinels from the Golemworks, magical wards from the Arcanamirium, and even contracts for guard beasts, both magical and mundane—spared no expense. I didn’t want to come here, but I’ve got no choice.”

Valsin’s forced smile cracks slightly, showing his annoyance. “Out with it, Nigel. Get to the point.”

“Someone broke into my museum and set off the magical protections! I was preserving priceless Shining Crusade pieces for our new exhibit when the first alarm activated. I sent for district guards and went to investigate, but by the time I arrived, the thieves had already locked themselves in my study. They somehow caused the Shining Crusade relics to fly around the museum and attack my sentinels. Everything is going haywire! The magical traps started to target me, the sentinels are not responding to my commands, and—”

Valsin holds out a hand to steady the increasingly agitated elf. “The last you knew, the thieves were still in your study?” Nigel nods. “Very well. Pathfinders: the Seekers should prepare to teleport directly into the Blakros study—“

“That won’t work,” Nigel interrupts, “The study is magically sealed. After that dreadful Numerian exhibit, I turned it into a magical safe room. The robbers must have figured out how to activate it; no one can get in or out while the wards hold. I can work on breaking the wards, but meanwhile my sentinels are smashing up the collection. Some of those priceless relics are on loan from your own Society lodges, so helping me is really helping yourselves.”

“Fine.” Ambrus Valsin takes a deep breath and then turns to the assembled Pathfinders. “Pathfinders, go to the Blakros Museum, secure any relics you can, disable the security systems, and apprehend the looters if possible. Stay safe.”

Here are your routes:
- Fight the animated constructs on the first floor
- Locate the animal guards on the first floor
- Fight the swarm of magical runes to help all Pathfinders.
- Fight the constructs on the second floor

Once two of you decide on the same course of action we can move ahead.

Silver Crusade

Male NG Medium humanoid (human) (Chelaxian) bard 1 | HP 9/10 | AC 12 T 10 FF 12 | CMB +1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 5/9 (Lingering Performance) | Spells: 2/3 1st

Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

"The Blakros are one of the wealthiest and most well- known merchant families from Taldor. They own a variety of businesses with interests all over the Inner Sea. For years, the Pathfinder Society and the Blakros family have been allies, even if only at arm’s length. Occasionally the family invites notable Pathfinders to one of its high-society affairs." Picking looking at the others, he brings out his mandolin after retrieving all of his gear. "The Blakros Museum is located in the Wise District, owned by the Blakros family, and curated by Nigel Aldain (a former Pathfinder). It is open to the public when an exhibit is on display. Though the exterior of the building is ugly and squat, patrons marvel at how much bigger it is on the inside."

As the group makes their way, the bard talk the most about Nigel, "Though the relationship between the Society and Nigel is often strained, they remain steadfast allies. Nigel often collaborates with the Society, loaning artifacts and trading information. He has obsessively researched the Shining Crusade for the past several months. Nigel is a former Pathfinder who resigned to marrying Dhrami Blakros; the position of curator was part of his marriage contract. Nigel’s museum has suffered many mishaps since he became curator, which the Society has regularly helped clean up. Nigel still tries to distance himself from the Society and act independently, but when trouble befalls the museum, he often turns to the Society for help.Recently, Nigel has spent a fortune in security for the museum, particularly in magical protections from the Arcanamirium and Golemworks in Magnimar."

Hurriedly, he keeps up with the group, making sure they get all the information he knows.

I'd like the animals, but that's me.

Dark Archive

Female
Skills:
K Arcana +8;K Nature +8; K Planes +8, Spellcraft +87; UMD +5
Elf
Hex:
DC 14
Witch 2 (HP: 12/12)(AC:14 (18 w/ MA) FF:11 T:13)(F:+1 R:+3 W:+3)(Initiative:+5)(Perception:+8)

K-Local Blackros Museum: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
K-Local Nigel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

"I can't add anything more than the esteemed musician has done. It might be better if we locate the loose animals here on the first floor."

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Sythka'landrianna Seiðkonur wrote:

'that is terrible Sythka mutters under her breath...

Watching the gathering of pathfinders scurry about Sythka looks for safety with some other entry level agents. "Who am I to go with?" she asks aloud. Unable to find a suitable number of elves to join for this mission Sythka moves to stand behind the Shoanti and the Ulfen she met earlier.
"Well then... let us not delay... after you two..."

just before entering the mansion Sythka will cast Mage Armor

With a sideways look at Sythka'landrianna, Agirran takes a long slow, loud slurp of stew.

untrained knowledge (nobility, Blakros family): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

"Rich bugger. Probably nicked something from them when I was professional pirate. 's just a hobby now."

knowledge (local, Blakros Museum): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

"Down at the burlesque they're showing 'Legs of the Shining Crusade'. A sort of tie-in, I guess. Pass. What with all the time and relative dimensions in space-stuff they got goin' on in the inside we'll have to go in the old fashioned way--through one of the museum's port holes."

knowledge (local, Nigel Aldain): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

"Quill-necked geek."

Grand Lodge

”Yoon” | female CG human pyrokineticist 1 | HP 10/15 nonlethal damage: 2 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMB –2 CMD 11 | F +5 R +5 W +1 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +3 | Perc +5 SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 2/6 | Active Conditions: None

"Oh wow! You tell great stories but I think we could make it sound more exciting next time. Did they mentions animals? I wonder if there will be Owlbears so Gom-Gom can meet his cousins." Yoon adds in joyfully hanging towards the back as they approach.

Animals sound fine to me too! They usually don't have any nasty tricks...

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Animals it is :)

Jajee listens as Agirran and Astolfo recount what they know about the Blakros family and museum, laughing out loud at the quill-necked geek comment
"Aye, sounds like we have a mission finally! Never ran into a REAL life owlbear before though, let's hope that's not what awaits us. First floor here we come!" Jajee remarks, pumping himself up by beating his fist against his Darkwood Shield a couple of times, the loud THUD resounding in his ears, making his adrenaline rush


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Long shadows cast by ruined displays and broken furniture litter the floor. A humanoid-shaped figure made of shattered clockwork lies slumped over a bench. Above, an elaborately painted sign reads “Crusader’s Chronicles.”

You hear the barks of startled guard dogs as you approach. One of them leads the pack and takes the frontline, barking loudly.

A DC 18 Handle Animal Check or DC 15 Wild Empathy can be used to calm the animals down. A second successful check will allow you to lead them out of the museum without trouble.

I have placed you on slide 1. Please doublecheck your marching order on slide 2 if you want to change the standard order.

Dark Archive

Female
Skills:
K Arcana +8;K Nature +8; K Planes +8, Spellcraft +87; UMD +5
Elf
Hex:
DC 14
Witch 2 (HP: 12/12)(AC:14 (18 w/ MA) FF:11 T:13)(F:+1 R:+3 W:+3)(Initiative:+5)(Perception:+8)

"Oh Dear...." Sythka exclaims as the dogs begin barking. "Is one of you going to handle them so we can go on? Seems like they don't want us here."

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

"Agreed, would be a shame to have to engage in open combat with the pups, I think the alphas the one in front if anyone has a knack with animals. Always been fond of em myself, but them not so much me, guess I smell worse then they do..a fact Lady Skayaya so affectionately reminded me of."
Jajee butchered your name on purpose out of playful respect, magic users awe him
Jajee awaits, shield raised in front of him, weapon at his waist

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
GM chadius wrote:
A DC 18 Handle Animal Check or DC 15 Wild Empathy can be used to calm the animals down. A second successful check will allow you to lead them out of the museum without trouble.

Animals? Really? Have you met us?

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

Karu nervously draws a dagger. "Does anyone know how to calm an angry dog?"

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

"I find a solid blow to the head with an axe calms most things down." the big man says brandishing his greataxe.

Given a moment, Agirran locks eyes with and growls at the lead dog. "GRRRR!"

intimidate (demoralize): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 If there is enough time, he tries for Influence Opponent’s Attitude instead.

"Yeah, you know who the big dog is."

Silver Crusade

Male NG Medium humanoid (human) (Chelaxian) bard 1 | HP 9/10 | AC 12 T 10 FF 12 | CMB +1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 5/9 (Lingering Performance) | Spells: 2/3 1st

"Well well now. Dogs of war? No, mere pups to guard the area! How about maybe we let these dogs do what we may have learned from their kind!" Pulling out his mandolin, Astolfo plucks a few notes before grinning widely as his fingers begin to strum faster, creating a feverish pace of music. "That sounds better! Look alive fellow heroes, and I'll write a ballad of your deeds!"

Move to pull out the mandolin and strum, but no bardic performance just yet. Ready to cast Grease DC 16 under the main dog if it begins to come for us.

Dark Archive

Female
Skills:
K Arcana +8;K Nature +8; K Planes +8, Spellcraft +87; UMD +5
Elf
Hex:
DC 14
Witch 2 (HP: 12/12)(AC:14 (18 w/ MA) FF:11 T:13)(F:+1 R:+3 W:+3)(Initiative:+5)(Perception:+8)

"Throw food at at... then throw more food towards the door to see if they follow it out..." Sythka says to the others not wanting to kill the dogs outright unless absolutely necessary.


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Agirran's glower is enough to shaken the dog, but not enough to back down. It growls and barks at him, and the others behind it begin to move!

As Astolfo strums, a puddle of slick grease forms under the alpha dog's legs.
Reflex, DC 16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
It manages to keep its footing. The light purple slick is grease.

Initiative:

Agirran: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Jajee: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Yoon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Astolfo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Karu: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Sythka: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Enemy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Round 1
Astolfo
Sythka
Yoon
Jajee
Doggos (Alpha Shaken 2 rounds)
Agirran
Karu

Astolfo, Sythka, Yoon and Jajee are able to engage before the dogs are truly ready to strike.

Silver Crusade

Male NG Medium humanoid (human) (Chelaxian) bard 1 | HP 9/10 | AC 12 T 10 FF 12 | CMB +1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 5/9 (Lingering Performance) | Spells: 2/3 1st

Continuing his playing, Asolfo begins to release the magic of his music, enveloping the group with warm sensation throughout their bodies and minds. "How about we get the festivities started! A good party needs music to help make one's blood dance!"

Inspire Courage is now up and running!

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Move 20 ft, Attack Yellow Token

Jajee looks at the approaching dogs with a sad look in his eyes..
"Shame, I'm not too thrilled with doing this, but if ye wont back down pups..."

Jajee walks forward, shield raised high and slashes forward with his bardiche, the polearm whistling through the air towards the dog..

Bardiche. Power Att.: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 1 = 21
Damage: 1d10 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 3 = 18

Dark Archive

Female
Skills:
K Arcana +8;K Nature +8; K Planes +8, Spellcraft +87; UMD +5
Elf
Hex:
DC 14
Witch 2 (HP: 12/12)(AC:14 (18 w/ MA) FF:11 T:13)(F:+1 R:+3 W:+3)(Initiative:+5)(Perception:+8)

Sythka sighs.... then moves next to Yoon and targets the red dog with her evil eye...DC14 WIL to reduce the effect to one round; targeting the dogs attack ability, -2 to ATK


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Jajee enjoys the tune, but he finds no joy in putting the alpha dog down.

Sythka'landrianna stares at the dog with the yellow collar, but she only sees anger and defiance. Still, it's enough to weaken its resolve for a brief moment.
Red Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Round 1
Astolfo (Inspire Courage +1)
Sythka
Yoon
Jajee
Doggos (Yellow -2 to attack)
Agirran
Karu

Yoon has a chance to move before the dogs do.

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

In case I get attacked, here's my roll for an Aoo

AoO:

Bardiche. Pow Att: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 1 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 3 = 18

Grand Lodge

”Yoon” | female CG human pyrokineticist 1 | HP 10/15 nonlethal damage: 2 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMB –2 CMD 11 | F +5 R +5 W +1 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +3 | Perc +5 SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 2/6 | Active Conditions: None

"Oh no! Those are not sweet pups at all. Hopefully they are scared of flames." Yoon sounds upset as she moves up and unleashes a blast of fire from her hands.

Fire Blast: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Sythka'landrianna Seiðkonur wrote:
"Throw food at at... then throw more food towards the door to see if they follow it out..." Sythka says to the others not wanting to kill the dogs outright unless absolutely necessary.

"I think I got a wedge of cheese on me somewhere if you want to fish around." Agirran says looking at his belt pouch. "But they're just Collies it's not like they're ninjas or anything."

1 to 50 of 465 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Chadius's Solstice Scar (Standard 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.