GM Chadius's Solstice Scar (Standard 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master chadius

Map Slides


201 to 250 of 465 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

On the trip, Karu is using his whetstone to hone his daggers, so all of them get a +1 to damage on the first successful attack with them.

Silver Crusade

Male NG Medium humanoid (human) (Chelaxian) bard 1 | HP 9/10 | AC 12 T 10 FF 12 | CMB +1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 5/9 (Lingering Performance) | Spells: 2/3 1st

During the trip, Astolfo will be playing music around the campfires during the evenings, while chatting with his fellow travelers during the day.


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps)

Nigel frowns as he realizes he will have to pay for repairs. Anok laughs heartily. "Just give more of your golden trinkets away and the world should bend a knee to your every whim. Just remember every death is on your hands." The phantom flies back to Medda's side.

---

The Pathfinders rush off to find survivors, and Medda directs you towards an emergency shelter not too far from the village.

The landscape opens into a burned hillside where blackened trees stand like lifeless sentinels. A crude blockade shields the entrance to a natural cavern. Undead creatures scrape away at the blockade, only to turn to you as you approach.

The trees have been burnt and withered to the point where they do not provide cover or block movement.


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps)

Initiative:

Agirran: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Astolfo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Jajee: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Karu: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Sythka: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Yoon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Enemy: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Knowledge(Religion) DC 10:
Those 3 are skeletons.

Knowledge(Religion) DC 10:
And those two are zombies.

Round 1
Astolfo
Undead Boogiemen
Karu
Sythka
Jajee
Yoon
Agirran

Astolfo moves quickly.

Silver Crusade

Male NG Medium humanoid (human) (Chelaxian) bard 1 | HP 9/10 | AC 12 T 10 FF 12 | CMB +1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 5/9 (Lingering Performance) | Spells: 2/3 1st

Knowledge Religion 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Knowledge Religion 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Bringing out the mandolin, freshly tuned from the previous day, the bard begins playing an invigorating tune!

"The shambling pair of lost lovers can be dealt with a cut, but I don't know what to make of their thin friends!"

Inspire Courage is now up!


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps)

Astolfo quickly identifies the pair of undead as a pair Zombies, best dealt with slashing attacks.

They turn to the party.
They hunger.
They approach.

Round 1 - Inspire Courage +1
Undead Boogiemen
Karu
Sythka
Jajee
Yoon
Agirran

Round 2
Astolfo

You are ready to attack!

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Double Move 35ft

"Lady Medda, stay by my side. These abominations will be dealt with in short order, I, Jajee Shinhan, SWEAR IT!" Jajee moves closer to the shambling undead as they approach, bracing himself for when they come into range he sets his poleaxe on top of his shield in his signature phalanx style offensive, ready to bring the pain

AoO:

Ready Attack/Bardiche; Inspired, Pow.Att: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11
Damage: 1d10 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 = 20

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 0/1 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | Lucky 12
GM Granta wrote:
“Let us move. There are dangers in these ancient woods: orc raiders, bears that topple trees, and worse. Stay in groups and don’t get lost.”

"Orcs, and bears, and worse oh my." Agirran scoffs. "I can fell trees too."

As part of his daily spell preparation, Agirran prepares endure elements and uses it as necessary.

Agirran casts shield and moves in his big fur boots.

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

Karu moves up but waits for the enemies to close with them before attacking.

Grand Lodge

”Yoon” | female CG human pyrokineticist 1 | HP 10/15 nonlethal damage: 2 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMB –2 CMD 11 | F +5 R +5 W +1 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +3 | Perc +5 SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 2/6 | Active Conditions: None

Before they leave Yoon starts to giggle when the Venture Captain says most of the damage was done by the security...."Most..."

---

"Oh those shambling ones always burn up quickly!"

Fire Blast (Yellow): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps)

Yoon singes the Zombie with the yellow shirt as Jajee gets in front of her.
Karu and Agirran approach and prepare themselves for the undead.

Round 1 - Inspire Courage +1
Undead Boogiemen (Yellow 2 Damage)
Karu
Sythka
Jajee
Yoon
Agirran (Shield)

Round 2
Astolfo

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

Yoon, I'm pretty sure the inspire courage bonuses should apply to blasts.


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps)

I'm gonna keep this moving, for now.
The elf and the bard wait cautiously as the undead approach.

First the zombies creep up. Jajee hefts his bardiche and chops the ground infront of the zombie with the yellow shirt. It continues undaunted and tries to clobber him.
Slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

The red-clothed creature lurches ahead, trying to slam Jajee.
This does provoke an AoO, but it was spent already.
Slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The skeleton with the Green bandana tries to claw at Jajee.
Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Agirran's armor and shield hold fast and he is unharmed.

While Agirran finds two skeletal foes, upclose and personal!


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps)

Round 2 - Inspire Courage +1
Undead Boogiemen (Yellow 3 Damage)
Karu
Sythka (Can take Round 1 actions)
Jajee
Yoon
Agirran (Shield)

Round 3
Astolfo (Can take Round 2 actions)

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 0/1 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | Lucky 12

Agirran lays in all around him with his mighty axe!

mwk cold iron greataxe v orange (inspired): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 = 20 damage: 1d12 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17

"OH YEAH! NOW THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!"


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps)

Agirran obliterates the creature, leaving only its Orange boots intact.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 0/1 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | Lucky 12

I'm starting a petition to make Cleave a wizard bonus feat.

Ah, ah! Ah, ah! We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow
The hammer of the gods
Will drive our ships to new lands,
To fight the horde, singing and crying,
Valhalla, I am coming!

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

5ft adjust, Attack RED token

"IS THAT THE BEST YOU GOT?!?" Jajee roars, taking blow after blow, defending against the undead onslaught with his skill and expertise. The warrior backpedals, giving himself some room to maneuver and swings for the fences

Bardiche; Inspired, Pow. Att: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d10 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 1 = 19

Dark Archive

Female
Skills:
K Arcana +8;K Nature +8; K Planes +8, Spellcraft +87; UMD +5
Elf
Hex:
DC 14
Witch 2 (HP: 12/12)(AC:14 (18 w/ MA) FF:11 T:13)(F:+1 R:+3 W:+3)(Initiative:+5)(Perception:+8)

for some reason this was not showing updates on my game page

Round 1- Sythka moves up to get closer to the foes.

Seeing they are mindless undead Sythka casts mage armor on herself to boost her protection before grabbing her staff to help out at smashing things.
cast mage armor

Silver Crusade

Male NG Medium humanoid (human) (Chelaxian) bard 1 | HP 9/10 | AC 12 T 10 FF 12 | CMB +1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 5/9 (Lingering Performance) | Spells: 2/3 1st

round 2
Fingers stopping for a moment from the mandolin, the bard casts grease under the green and yellow creatures then pulls out his mace! DC 16 reflex

Round 3
Moving towards red, he readies to swing at the creature!

Readied Attack+Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 + 1 = 17
Damage+Inspire Courage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

Last round of Inspire Courage!

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Yoon” | female CG human pyrokineticist 1 | HP 10/15 nonlethal damage: 2 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMB –2 CMD 11 | F +5 R +5 W +1 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +3 | Perc +5 SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 2/6 | Active Conditions: None

"Oh watch this!" Yoon yells with excitement as she holds out both hands and cinders begin to swirl around her as the sounds of a large crackling fire ring out. Moments later the gout of flames pours out from her outstretched hands over the three enemies.

Gather Power to reduce cost of Fan of Flames to 0. (Move Action).
Use Fan of Flames Infusion to apply Fire Blast damage in a 15 ft. cone hitting three targets in front.

Damage (Reflex 13 for 1/2 Damage): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps)

Jajee sees Agirran and decides to follow through, destroying one of the zombies.

Sythka'landrianna sees more mindless enemies and decides to protect herself.

Astolfo readies an attack, although he wondered if it would survive. I'll redirect your readied action against any enemy who comes close.

Yoon sees the perfect opportunity to blast the two remaining undead with flame. The skeleton is reduced to a pile of ash afterward.

Yellow's Reflex Save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Green's Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Round 2 - Inspire Courage +1
Undead Boogiemen (Yellow 5 Damage)
Karu

Round 3
Astolfo (Can change Readied Action to a Standard Action)

Karu carefully chooses his next action...

Silver Crusade

Male NG Medium humanoid (human) (Chelaxian) bard 1 | HP 9/10 | AC 12 T 10 FF 12 | CMB +1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 5/9 (Lingering Performance) | Spells: 2/3 1st

Did they make the reflex saves from the grease?


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps)

Oops, I forgot about that!

Yellow's Reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 7

And the yellow skeleton falls on its bony butt.

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

Karu circles around to come at the skeleton from the opposite side. No one said anything about using bludgeoning on the skeletons, so he's just going to use his daggers.

"Pharasma, help me destroy these abominations!" he murmurs as he attacks.

1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 18
slashing/piercing damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + 1 + (5) = 11

This dagger loses its sharpened edge now. He'll swap it out from his wrist sheath to another sharpened dagger when this battle is over.


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps)

Karu slashes his daggers across the skeleton. He realizes the folly of slashing bone as it resists some of his damage. Still, it's more than enough to dismantle the thing.

The Yellow Zombie lies on the ground. Its hunger compels it to crawl, leaving a trail of gore across the earth.

This provokes an AoO from Jajee, I'm gonna roll it now.

Bardiche; Inspired, Pow. Att vs Prone: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 + 4 = 30
Damage: 1d10 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 1 = 16

Jajee says NO and decimates the zombie before it can threaten his allies.

Combat Over

"Is it... is it over?" You hear one of the Twinhorn mumble from behind the barricade. As you reassure the young man, he pushes the barricade open, and then picks up his club and balances on his cane. He sports many scars from battle, the most telling is where he lost his leg. "Thank the gods you arrived here. The only other people here are the children and the sick."

"The elders began debating whether they should stay or abandon our homeland. They told us to flee in case the enemy attacked our camp. Maybe they need an outsider's perspective on this matter." Vote for Twinhorn Camp!

"But I also heard stories about a fissure of evil in the forest. Someone must close it, and quickly. Maybe we Twinhorn are too preoccupied with survival." Vote for Voice of the Shadow!

Take this opportunity to buff and prepare for your next encounter. Also, which way do you want to go next, Twinhorn Camp or Voice of the Shadow?

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Jajee takes him time preparing by making small talk with Medda. Vote for Shadow!

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

How much time do we have? Can Karu spend 15 minutes to resharpen the dagger he used? I'm more inclined to go to the camp.

Dark Archive

Female
Skills:
K Arcana +8;K Nature +8; K Planes +8, Spellcraft +87; UMD +5
Elf
Hex:
DC 14
Witch 2 (HP: 12/12)(AC:14 (18 w/ MA) FF:11 T:13)(F:+1 R:+3 W:+3)(Initiative:+5)(Perception:+8)

Sythka looks around for someone to heal and if not then she agrees with some of the other voices to go to the Camp hoping for someone to hex.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 0/1 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | Lucky 12

Shadow!


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps)

The party debates where they should travel to next, and the party is split. They turn to Yoon and Astolfo.

Karu pulls out his whetstone and begins sharpening his daggers. He knows he has time to sharpen them by the time the party finishes.

Silver Crusade

Male NG Medium humanoid (human) (Chelaxian) bard 1 | HP 9/10 | AC 12 T 10 FF 12 | CMB +1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 5/9 (Lingering Performance) | Spells: 2/3 1st

"The shadow seems like a good choice, but we need to make sure the camp is safe! I'll vote for the camp."


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps)

Alright, just to keep it moving, let's head to the camp.

You return to the Twinhorn's camp.

The thick hide walls of this large tent muffle the sounds of battle outside. Iron spikes pin down an enormous map in the center of the tent. Wooden carvings of warriors and monsters lie strewn about the map, marking the location of fighting warriors and the encroaching undead.

You see Anok floating outside the largest tent in the center of the encampment, his arms crossed. He seems angrier than usual. "Pathfinders. My tribsemen are making fools of themselves. Maybe you can change their minds."

You can hear Medda's voice from within. "What? No! We cannot retreat! Abandoning our homeland would mean abandoning our tribe's duty. Our home, our traditions, everything would be for naught!"

One middle-aged man shrugs. "How much longer must we stick to tradition? There is much stronger game further south. Fewer orcs and monsters are south, as well. There's no point to staying here, especially when our scouts report of shadow creatures attacking us!" This massive Kellid stands a head taller than most humans and wears a dire polar bear cloak. The many scars on his body suggest a life of physical conflict and perseverance.

The venerable woman clears her throat, causing Medda and the man to fall silent. "Are these your Pathfinders, Medda? I wish to hear them speak. I am Jala and this is Kragr." She motions to the man, who simply grunts in response. "We must quickly decide on whether to stay here and defend the village or flee to southern lands. I will hear an argument from each of you."

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Jajee clears his throat, talking in a soft but authorative tone. He bows slightly to Jala before he speaks, showing the woman proper respect..

"In my humble experience, I would advise for you to stay your ground, we can fight these creatures together! Once you start down the path of retreating it's a hard slope to get back off, it becomes much easier every time. I'm sure these creatures you speak of will come to the same realisation eventually too, and may seek out your new homes in the southern lands. Then what?! You retreat again. And again. And again. Until it's too late, and your too tired and weak to fight. Nay. I vote stay. Stay, and let's reclaim your land!"


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps)

Each of you take this opportunity to study the three council members, and you try to divine their motives.

Medda DC 12 Knowledge(Religion) or DC 12 Sense Motvie:

Medda will remain. She has seen your strength and you did not attack her. Still, argue with her to stay here, and she will help you convince Jala and Kragr. If you follow good deities and disdain violence and personal gain you will find it easy to convince her.

Kragr DC 15 Knowledge Local or DC 15 Sense Motive:

Kragr is a hunter by trade. He is short tempered and admires strength. He will listen to you if you are strong and healthy. If you want to, insinuate he's a coward but do not directly call him one!

Jala, DC 15 Knowledge Nature or DC 15 Sense Motive:

Jala is our oldest surviving member, bless her heart. She is rational, she wants to hear facts. Do not waste your time with emotion, she will see right through it.

After studying them, it is time to influence them.


    To influence Medda, the party needs to make 2 of these checks in total:
  • DC 12 Knowledge(Religion)
  • DC 12 Perform(Oratory)


    To influence Kragr, the party needs to make 4 of these checks in total:
  • DC 15 Intimidate,
  • DC 18 Diplomacy
  • DC 18 Bluff checks


    To influence Kragr, the party needs to make 3 of these checks in total:
  • DC 15 Knowledge(Nature)
  • DC 15 Profession(soldier)
  • DC 18 Knowledge(Religion)


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps)

Each party member gets to make 3 attempts to influence any of the leaders. So Jajee could try to influence Medda 3 times, for example, or he could influence each person once.

Medda: 0 influences
Kragr: 0 influences
Jala: 0 influences

Agirran 0 attempts
Astolfo 0 attempts
Jajee 0 attempts
Karu 0 attempts
Sythka 0 attempts
Yoon 0 attempts

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

SENSE MOTIVE: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Jajee takes notice of Kragr, reading the large man like an open book, Jajee attempts to appeal to his brutish nature..

Intimidate 1 of 3: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18
Intimidate 2 of 3: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4
Intimidate 3 of 3: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15

"Kragr, to leave here today, with your tail tucked behind your legs, will be a memory no amount of alcohol or battle will be able to wash from your soul. Your no coward! Its time Kragr, lets hunt these beasts down like the vermin they are, like our fore-bearers taught us!"


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps)

Kragr stands right up. "You callin' me a coward?" As Jajee corrects himself, Kragr clears his throat. "You see this dire polar bear pelt? I tracked it, wrestled it, and choked it myself. I am afraid of nothing! But the rest of the tribe is tired of the orc raids. And these shadow monsters the scouts have reported on- There is a time to be strong and a time to move on to greener pastures." He calms himself and sits down. "That's all I"m saying."

Each party member gets to make 3 attempts to influence any of the leaders. So Jajee could try to influence Medda 3 times, for example, or he could influence each person once.

Verbal Battle Rules

Medda: 0 influences
Kragr: 2 influences
Jala: 0 influences

Agirran 0 attempts
Astolfo 0 attempts
Jajee
Karu 0 attempts
Sythka 0 attempts
Yoon 0 attempts

Silver Crusade

Male NG Medium humanoid (human) (Chelaxian) bard 1 | HP 9/10 | AC 12 T 10 FF 12 | CMB +1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 5/9 (Lingering Performance) | Spells: 2/3 1st

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Walking up to Kragr, the bard smiles at the man's logic before speaking. "That may be true sir, but someone needs to stay behind to make sure the tribe doesn't get attacked by the orcs or reported shadows, and with warriors spread thin, a pincer attack might wipe out the tribe entirely. Perhaps you could provide your strength and talents to keep everyone safe? I'm sure my friend Jajee and I will help protect those who can't defend themselves as well as you."

Diplomacy 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 +2 if hostile or unfriendly
Diplomacy 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 +2 if hostile or unfriendly
Diplomacy 3: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 +2 if hostile or unfriendly

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

sense motive Medda: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
sense motive Kragr: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
sense motive Jala: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Karu focuses his efforts on Medda, trying to bolster her arguments.

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

"I've seen what undead can do, and heard the stories of the elders of the Pharasmin church. They're a plague. A never-ending threat. Let this place fall to them, and they will spread to the greener pastures these others want to move to. The only way is to cut them off, at the root, like a foul weed!" To emphasize his point, at the climax of his argument he stabs one of his daggers, the one he used against the skeleton, into the wood of the table. "This blade has destroyed undead horrors this day. With the Grey Lady's aid, it can destroy more."

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Good speech Karu


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps)

Kragr scoffs as Astolfo talks to him. But as he continues talking, the hunter grimaces, stopping him halfway through. "We must protect the villagers, yes... Fine, you've made your point."
Astolfo only needed 2 skill checks to convince Kragr.

Medda nods as Karu discusses the finer points of religion. "Karu is correct, Jala. If we flee, they will simply chase us. Please, listen to them." Jala, who hasn't moved much throughout this, simply nods.
Jala's DCs drop to DC 12 and DC 15.
"Please Karu, speak to Jala."
Karu only needed 2 skill checks to convince Medda.

Each party member gets to make 3 attempts to influence any of the leaders. So Jajee could try to influence Medda 3 times, for example, or he could influence each person once.

Verbal Battle Rules

Jala: 0 influences

Agirran 0 attempts
Astolfo 2/3 attempts
Jajee
Karu 2/3 attempts
Sythka 0 attempts
Yoon 0 attempts

Grand Lodge

”Yoon” | female CG human pyrokineticist 1 | HP 10/15 nonlethal damage: 2 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMB –2 CMD 11 | F +5 R +5 W +1 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +3 | Perc +5 SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 2/6 | Active Conditions: None

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Yoon tries to discern Jala's stance as the others debate but she can't quite figure it out. Nonetheless she tries to convince her with her.

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

"The game may be stronger in the south for now but animals migrate and shift to avoid threats. Once we remove this threat life will flock back into the area ! Then you save all that time having to lug stuff south, right?"

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 0/1 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | Lucky 12

sense motive (Medda): 1d20 ⇒ 9
knowledge (local, Kragr): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
sense motive (Jala): 1d20 ⇒ 18

Agirran stomps outside to sharpening his greataxe, and study his spells, waiting for the real work to begin again.


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps)

"You do have a point, young Gnome..." Jala listens to Yoon's words, and eventually slams the butt of her spear onto the rocks. Kragr and Medda fall silent. "I have heard enough to be convinced to stay here. Kragr, what say you? Medda's position is as clear as daylight."

Kragr grunts before standing up. "Yeah yeah yeah, we should stay. It would be a pain to move out, anyway..."

Medda smiles. "Thank you, Jala. Thank you, Kragr. Thank you, Pathfinders. We must remain vigilant, and honor our ancestors' sacrfices."

Success gained! I'll report this and continue onward.

Anok laughs when he sees Agirran. "I'd rather crush this evil with my fists than waste time talking."


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps)

A stream of glowing mist winds its way through the trees as the air takes on a sudden chill.

Undead monstrosities shamble into the camp and begin attacking everyone they can. ”To arms, Pathfinders! We need your help defending the camp from more invaders.”

Amid the chaos, you see 4 humanoid creatures shamble toward you. It looks like they they are hungry for Pathfinders!

Knowledge(Religion) DC 11:
Ectoplasmic Humans are undead and resist all but slashing weapons. Their slams can break the will of their victims.

Initiative:

Agirran: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Astolfo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Jajee: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Karu: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Sythka: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Yoon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Enemy: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Round 1
Astolfo
Sythka
Something Strange
Agirran
Jajee
Karu
Yoon

Astolfo and Sythka have an opportunity to advance before the enemy does!

Silver Crusade

Male NG Medium humanoid (human) (Chelaxian) bard 1 | HP 9/10 | AC 12 T 10 FF 12 | CMB +1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 5/9 (Lingering Performance) | Spells: 2/3 1st

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

"Interesting creatures. THE DEAD HAVE COME FOR ME ONCE AGAIN! Beware their attacks, and cut them deep with slashing weapons, as anything else will harm them less."

Pulling out the mandolin, Astolfo begins playing some battle music to inspire the defenders of the tribe!

Inspire Courage is up!

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 0/1 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | Lucky 12

"Now were friggin' talkin' my kind of diplomacy!"

Dark Archive

Female
Skills:
K Arcana +8;K Nature +8; K Planes +8, Spellcraft +87; UMD +5
Elf
Hex:
DC 14
Witch 2 (HP: 12/12)(AC:14 (18 w/ MA) FF:11 T:13)(F:+1 R:+3 W:+3)(Initiative:+5)(Perception:+8)

once at the camp

Sythka Knowledge Nature vs Jala to study: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

'hmmm Jala is one of the older members of the tribe and thus wants to get straight to the point of the conversation...' Sythka muses to herself...

Sythka begins a conversation with Jala to gauge the old womans interest in the group and what she knows of the current situation in the wilderness...

Sythka Knowledge Nature vs Jala to influence: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
but the elf must have spent too much time just chatting away at nothing as the old woman is not impressed...

Sythka Knowledge Nature vs Jala to influence: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Sythka Knowledge Nature vs Jala to influence: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
until the elf realizes her mistake and gets straight to the point with the old woman.

-------------------------
Once the alarm is sounded Sythka readies herself by casting Mage Armor on herself.


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps)

Astolfo and Sythka'landrianna prepare for battle as the ectoplasmic humanoids surround the party!

The purple-tinted creature reaches Yoon and tries to slam her with a slimy fist!

Slam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Yoon's small frame saves her as its fist flies overhead.

201 to 250 of 465 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Chadius's Solstice Scar (Standard 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.