GM Chadius's Solstice Scar (Standard 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master chadius

Map Slides


301 to 350 of 465 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Double move

Jajee moves in military fashion, slow and steady, proceeding with caution and experience

Grand Lodge

”Yoon” | female CG human pyrokineticist 1 | HP 10/15 nonlethal damage: 2 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMB –2 CMD 11 | F +5 R +5 W +1 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +3 | Perc +5 SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 2/6 | Active Conditions: None

Yoon runs up behind Karu and slings a fire blast at the beast.

Fire Blast: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 4 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Karu Yoshioka wrote:
We coulda let it come to us you know!

But no one ever tries that with Agirran.

20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 76

mwk cold iron greataxe v black (inspired, power attack): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 21 damage: 1d12 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 = 11

"GGGRRR!"

Sovereign Court

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

@Table GMs: The “Portal Closed” condition on page 20 is in effect.


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

"Jeez, are they all like this..." The creature spits up what Agirran can only assume is blood as it collapses against his greataxe.

Combat Over

The sounds of combat die down as Pathfinders help the Twinhorn drive off the undead and the shadow creatures of the region. The familiar visage of Anok floats up to you, rather excited.

"Quite the hunt, eh Pathfinders? I lifted these two foolish skeletons and crushed their skulls together like they were mud. I haven't felt so alive in-" he hesitates as Medda has finally caught up and is trying to get your attention. "Sorry, Medda."

"Pathfinders, thank you for your aid. The shamans were able to discover where these creatures came from: A dark portal along the river has breached the barrier between our world and the land of darkness. Please help up secure the portal so we can close it."

Agirran has taken 2 damage, Astolfo has 1 damage. I'll assume Sythka will heal you to full.

Follow up post coming soon.


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

The clearing on the riverbank features a circle of standing stones with a large stone altar at its center. A shadowy tear floats above the altar, so dark that what little light shines from the stars seems to become trapped inside. Eight large tendrils of inky darkness coil around the menhirs as if keeping the stones in a stranglehold. Other tendrils lick out from the shadowy rift as if tasting the air.

The area around the standing stones are dark (as in the darkness spell). It’s also filled with tentacles.

As you approach, you hear one creature scream with a voice that is neither dead nor alive. "Kill all who approach. Our master Eshimka will burst forth and devour every soul in this pathetic world!"

You have two rounds to buff yourselves before Round 1 begins.

As you reach the riverbank, you hear a noise and for a brief instant you see a burst of light dispel the darkness and seal the portal shut. "NO! Kill all of them! We must secure the portal-" the light bathes the skeletons before it disappears, clearly weakening them.

Champ's Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Red Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Purple Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Black Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

In fact, two of the skeletons seems to be dazed. Darkness reasserts itself across the circle of stones.

Initiative:

Agirran: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Astolfo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Jajee: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Karu: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Sythka: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Yoon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Enemy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Round 1
Yoon
Spooky Enemies (Red and Purple dazed)
Agirran
Astolfo
Jajee
Karu
Sythka

Yoon is ready to go!

Grand Lodge

”Yoon” | female CG human pyrokineticist 1 | HP 10/15 nonlethal damage: 2 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMB –2 CMD 11 | F +5 R +5 W +1 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +3 | Perc +5 SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 2/6 | Active Conditions: None

Yoon moves along the path curious to too get a closer look at the supernatural occurrence.


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Yoon peers ahead and watches two of the skeletons lurch from the dark enclosure.

Knowledge(Religion) DC 10:
Bloody Skeletons! These creatures can recover when destroyed, but otherwise they are your standard skeletons. Bludgeoning works best on them.

Round 1
Spooky Enemies
Agirran
Astolfo
Jajee
Karu
Sythka

Round 2
Yoon

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

Agirran uses the first two pre-encounter rounds to cast protection from evil (via arcane bond) and shield (from memory) on himself. (+2 deflection bonus to AC and +2 resistance bonuses v evil creatures only, +4 shield bonus to AC)

untrained Knowledge (religion, MAX 10 result): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

"Bloody stupid Skeletons!" Agirran curses. "YOON! Ya dumb kid. What are you doing?!"

Dark Archive

Female
Skills:
K Arcana +8;K Nature +8; K Planes +8, Spellcraft +87; UMD +5
Elf
Hex:
DC 14
Witch 2 (HP: 12/12)(AC:14 (18 w/ MA) FF:11 T:13)(F:+1 R:+3 W:+3)(Initiative:+5)(Perception:+8)

apologies- got called in over the holiday weekend to do 4 days of double shifts.

Sythka moves up and casts Mage Armor upon herself as she readies her staff to aid others vs the undead next round.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

Agirran barrels forward again like a mad man!

"GGGRRR!"

mwk cold iron greataxe v black (power attack): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

It's not that he DOESN'T know about their resistances to non-bludgeoning attacks, it's that Agirran doesn't care. He smashes the skeleton against a tree where it promptly falls apart.

Round 1
Spooky Enemies
Agirran (Protection from Evil, Shield)
Astolfo
Jajee
Karu
Sythka (Mage Armor)

Round 2
Yoon

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

Assuming someone mentioned the skeletons' resistance to non-bludgeoning attacks, Karu would have taken out his hanbo.

Karu runs up to the enemy, twirling his walking stick and swings at it.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
damage if that hits, bludgeoning: 1d6 ⇒ 1

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Move 15 ft, Attack w/Bardiche

"Where are all these undead coming from?! And where is a cleric when ya need one??! Agirran! HAHA theres my favorite ex-pirate in action!"

Bardiche; Pow.Att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Grand Lodge

”Yoon” | female CG human pyrokineticist 1 | HP 10/15 nonlethal damage: 2 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMB –2 CMD 11 | F +5 R +5 W +1 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +3 | Perc +5 SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 2/6 | Active Conditions: None

"I was...uh...drawing them in for you?" Yoon replies trying to divert. She then steps back and sends a blast of fire at the other skeleton.

Fire Blast: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 4 = 2
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Silver Crusade

Male NG Medium humanoid (human) (Chelaxian) bard 1 | HP 9/10 | AC 12 T 10 FF 12 | CMB +1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +2, W: +0 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 5/9 (Lingering Performance) | Spells: 2/3 1st

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Plinking a few tunes as he moves on in, the bard begins to play an invigorating tune!

"These skeletons fell down one by one,
Then they'll come back again.
Blunt blows will be the best bet,
But they'll stand back up yet!"

Inspire Courage is up!


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Agirran and Karu work together to destroy another skeleton, its remains scatter across the ground.

Karu finds himself face to face with another bloody skeleton, while the apparent leader lumbers up and holds its ground, baring its longsword.

Spoiler:

Readied Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Round 2
Spooky Enemies
Agirran (Protection from Evil, Shield)
Astolfo
Jajee
Karu
Sythka (Mage Armor)

Round 3
Yoon

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Move 15ft, Attack

Jajee moves over and takes care of the fodder, swinging his Bardiche to Astolfos beat

Bardiche; Inspired, Pow.Att: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d10 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 1 = 16

Or attempts too, as his axe goes wide yet again, the Shoanti having a hard time finding his rhythm

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

Karu dances around the skeleton, trying to find a place where the presence of Jajee's swinging blade is a distraction.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

hanbo with flanking and inspiration: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 17
damage with sneak attack and inspiration: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (3) = 6

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Jajee Shinhan wrote:
Or attempts too, as his axe goes wide yet again, the Shoanti having a hard time finding his rhythm

"Probably the lack of hair Curly. You Shoanti are just too aerodynamic. Haul yer oar back and assert yerself!"

mwk cold iron greataxe v pink (power attack, inspired): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15 damage: 1d12 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 13

Grand Lodge

”Yoon” | female CG human pyrokineticist 1 | HP 10/15 nonlethal damage: 2 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMB –2 CMD 11 | F +5 R +5 W +1 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +3 | Perc +5 SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 2/6 | Active Conditions: None

Fire Blast (Purple): 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 4 = 1
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Yoon tries to fire of a blast to hit the large skeleton but the melee is hard to fire through.

Looks like Agirran may have less hair after that roll.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

"YOOOON!!!" bellows Agirran with three exclamation marks.


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Jajee swings wide, almost cutting down a tree. Karu takes the opportunity to sweep around the skeleton and clobbers its spine until it collapses.

Agirran tries to show how things are done, but Yoon's flames almost burn his hair off. Unsurprisingly he misses.

Leaving one skeletal champion remaining, he chants. "Oh Eshimka, grant me the strength to crush your foes!"

Champ vs Agirran: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 1 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Agirran's magical defenses say no.


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Round 3
Spooky Enemies
Agirran (Protection from Evil, Shield)
Astolfo
Jajee
Karu
Sythka (Mage Armor) (Can also take Round 2 actions)

Round 4
Yoon

Let's see if we can handle this in the next 24 hours or so.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

Agirran swings for the bleachers. Something is going to fall even if it is a tree!

mwk cold iron greataxe v champ (power attack, inspired): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 = 17 damage: 1d12 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Feel free to bot Jajee as needed, stuck helping the dad at this restaurant today:(

Dark Archive

Female
Skills:
K Arcana +8;K Nature +8; K Planes +8, Spellcraft +87; UMD +5
Elf
Hex:
DC 14
Witch 2 (HP: 12/12)(AC:14 (18 w/ MA) FF:11 T:13)(F:+1 R:+3 W:+3)(Initiative:+5)(Perception:+8)

Round 2
Sythka moves closer to Agirran to aid him in his attack vs the skeleton.

Round 3
Sythka takes a 5 ft step closer and tries to aid Agirran attack the last foe with her staff...

Aid Other Attack vs Skeleton: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

and she seems to stumble as Agirran makes his mighty swing...

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Attack!

Jajee bellows at Agirran's jibe "Only the women of my tribe have hair like yours old man! Watch, and let Jajee show you the power of youth"

Bardiche; Inspired, Pow.Att: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d10 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 = 12

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

Once again, Karu dodges around the foe and strikes him in the back!

acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

hanbo, flank, inspiration: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 23
damage with inspiration and sneak: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (2) = 9

Grand Lodge

”Yoon” | female CG human pyrokineticist 1 | HP 10/15 nonlethal damage: 2 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMB –2 CMD 11 | F +5 R +5 W +1 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +3 | Perc +5 SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 2/6 | Active Conditions: None

Fire Blast: 1d20 + 4 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 4 + 1 = 3
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Yoon tries again but still has trouble hitting her target.


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

The undead champion raises its shield and laughs as Agirran chops a small tree down and Jajee's bardiche bounces off its shield. It's not sure what Sythka'landrianna and Yoon were trying to do and seemingly ignores them.

Its laughter turns into a cry of pain as Karu slips in like the wind and whacks in it the back. With so many targets, it wonders who it should kill first...

1 is Karu, 2 is Agirran: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Champ's Sword: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 1 = 9
Champ's Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

It holds its ground and swings feebly at Agirran, unable to to hit even his armor.


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Round 4
Spooky Enemies (9 damage)
Agirran (Protection from Evil, Shield)
Astolfo (Can also take Round 3 actions)
Jajee
Karu
Sythka (Mage Armor)

Round 5
Yoon

Dark Archive

Female
Skills:
K Arcana +8;K Nature +8; K Planes +8, Spellcraft +87; UMD +5
Elf
Hex:
DC 14
Witch 2 (HP: 12/12)(AC:14 (18 w/ MA) FF:11 T:13)(F:+1 R:+3 W:+3)(Initiative:+5)(Perception:+8)

Sythka regains her balance and tries to aid Agirran once again...

Aid Attack: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

yeah! Agirran now has a +2 to his attack this round

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Attack!

Jajee keeps up the attack, hoping to keep the champion on his toes while Karu delivers precise strikes

Bardiche; Pow.Att, Inspired: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d10 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 = 12
Crit time!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Crit Damage!: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

"PUNY CHAMPION!" Jajee cries as he delivers a devastating blow

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

In the unlikely event that it survives Jajee's attack:

hanbo with flank, inspiration: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 14
damage with inspiration and sneak: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (2) = 6


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

"Eshimka! Lend me your-" Jajee quickly silences the skeletal champion, grinding it into the dirt.

Combat Over

Our next event starts tomorrow. Prepare your next day of spells.

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

Karu watches the circle of stones carefully, looking for any sign of the portal reopening, as he runs a whetstone along the edges of his blades.

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

"That Eshimka... her champion was a sissy, talked too much. Must be a God of flower picking, or basket weaving or some such like." Jajee remarks, giving Agirran an approving nod. The banter between the two reminded him of back home, and though unappealing to most Jajee welcomed it

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

Filling in for Overseer Granta:

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

As Medda and Anok join the group of Pathfinders around the stone circle, she assists them with the binding ritual. Medda thrusts Ivvora’s hilt into the portal, calling on Vildeis for aid. The shadow rift shrinks and closes, releasing a massive shock wave that knocks the Pathfinders, the Twinhorn warriors, and Medda to the ground. A field of dark, rippling energy remains, suspended above the stone altar. As Medda reaches out to pick up Ivvora’s hilt—the already broken blade now spider-webbed with new cracks—a supernatural silence descends. Only the telepathic rage of some unseen menace cuts through the quiet. “You dare to shut me out?” it rages. “I see you, but I do not see her. Where is the dwarf woman, Ivvora, who fought me so long ago? Has her mortal body failed at last? Has the realm of the
living at last lost its protector? Know this: when the long shadows reach out again, I will grasp them and claw my way back into your world to see your flesh devoured by my children.”

Sound returns to the Realm of the Mammoth Lords, and Medda cautiously stands. “It seems that Eshimka still lives and has even left this foul scar on our world,” she declares. “If we are to believe its promises, the fiend will attack on the next winter solstice. If we are to survive, we must be ready. Nearly a millennium ago, Ivvora held the key to defeating Eshimka. By following her legends and discovering her fate, we may harness the same holy power that banished this fiend—and together end the beast entirely.

“When we set out, it would be the privilege of this following to have the Pathfinders at our side. But that is a trial for another day. Tonight, at last, we rest.”

This concludes part 3.

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

Celebration and preparation have filled the last two days. The Twinhorns are both relieved to have thwarted the villain Eshimka and resolved to help the following’s spiritual leader, Medda, retrace the paladin Ivvora’s millennium-old steps. After hours of considering and retelling ancient stories preserved by oral tradition, Medda gathers the Pathfinders. “The holy warrior Ivvora came to us in pursuit of Eshimka, whom she vanquished and banished with the Twinhorns’ help. However, she would not rest for long, and she insisted on seeking out other evils in the area. At that time, the most fearsome threat was Grathatonhakis, an immense white dragon that lurked in the Tusk Mountains and would strike our camps. Ivvora learned what she could, left her dagger with us, and departed to slay the dragon. She never returned, and neither did the dragon. Exactly what transpired is unclear from our legends.” Medda cradles the fragile remnants of Ivvora’s dagger. “This blade kept Eshimka at bay for so many generations, and now it is ready to fall apart. Ivvora held the key to defeating Eshimka, and by learning her fate or communing with her spirit where she fell, we might harness the same power. Then we shall not just reseal the shadow fiend but destroy it once and for all! From our tales we have learned where the wyrm Grathatonhakis laired. Let us set out together to learn what happened—and who might have taken the caves since.”

The trek is long and cold, taking the group first across the tundra and then into shadow of the frigid Tusk Mountains. As the trail winds around a frozen lake, the snap of a snare echoes over the ice, and a Pathfinder is whipped into air by a cleverly laid trap. Medda scowls and announces, “Pathfinders, we have kobolds. Keep within earshot and spread out. They aren’t just a threat; they may also be our best better to finding the dead dragon’s lair.”

@Table GMs: You have until June 14th to run encounter K on page 32, followed by L and/or M.

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

"Are we absolutely sure that the dragon is dead?"

Karu twists his wrists, and two razor-sharp daggers pop into his hands.


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

The tentacles and darkness are sucked into the portal as Medda completes her ritual. She breathes a sigh of relief before a dark voice promises to return.

As you travel along the path, Karu wonders if the dragon truly died that day. Anok answers "That was the last day we saw either Ivvora or Grathatonhakis. Our neighboring villages never saw him either. But we have not seen his corpse, and with kobolds about, dragons are bound to follow. Be wary, Pathfinders."

All of you split up to cover more ground and discover the best way to approach the lair of the dragon.

You come up upon a frozen lake and view what seems to be a group of kobolds arguing with some kind of creature- a wooden humanoid figure covered in leaves and frost. The white-scaled kobolds see you approach and screech.

Draconic:
”Bah, they must be working with her! Kill them all!”

The frost covered creature steps back and observes the two groups of kobold and Pathfinder. Perhaps you could ask it for help in this conflict.

You could use a Move action to make a Bluff, Diplomacy or Knowledge(Nature) check to ask it for help.

Knowledge(Nature) DC 18:
The wooden creature covered in frost and leaves is a Dryad, a fey who protects its woodlands from outsiders, especially those who would deforest their land. They speak Sylvan.

Entering a square of ice is difficult terrain. It takes 2 squares of movement and Acrobatics DCs increase by 5.

Any squares with trees in them count as partial cover.

Stepping onto the ice lake is a bad idea. You don’t know how thick it is and can risk falling through the ice. You can stand on the icy creek without trouble, though.


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Initiative:

Agirran: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Astolfo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Jajee: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Karu: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Sythka: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Yoon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Enemy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Round 1
Yoon
Astolfo
Jajee
Sythka
We Be Kobolds!
Karu
Agirran

Karu and Agirran are so busy looking for a Great White Dragon that they aren't paying attention!

Dark Archive

Female
Skills:
K Arcana +8;K Nature +8; K Planes +8, Spellcraft +87; UMD +5
Elf
Hex:
DC 14
Witch 2 (HP: 12/12)(AC:14 (18 w/ MA) FF:11 T:13)(F:+1 R:+3 W:+3)(Initiative:+5)(Perception:+8)

"A dragon... exciting." Sythka mutters as the briefing is done. "Will the kobolds attack us on sight? How many do they usually employ in their attacks?"

But before anyone could answer her the group is transported into combat. Sythka moves closer to the Kobolds and casts mage armor upon herself...

Grand Lodge

”Yoon” | female CG human pyrokineticist 1 | HP 10/15 nonlethal damage: 2 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMB –2 CMD 11 | F +5 R +5 W +1 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +3 | Perc +5 SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 2/6 | Active Conditions: None

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

"That is a Dryad! It has to know that nasty kobolds are bad for nature..." she says while moving up to ensure it hears her and understands common as well.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

She waves to the dryad while calling out..."We mean no harm to these lands and only wish to help our friends protect them. Help us deal with these mean lizards."

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Double move

Jajee moves closer to the action, keeping an eye on the Kobolds and scanning the terrain for any hidden traps..

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Yoon the Pyromancer wrote:

"That is a Dryad! It has to know that nasty kobolds are bad for nature..." she says while moving up to ensure it hears her and understands common as well.

She waves to the dryad while calling out..."We mean no harm to these lands and only wish to help our friends protect them. Help us deal with these mean lizards."

Agirran looks at Jajee, easily able to keep up with the man (even moving backward). "You think she means us?"


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Yoon appeals to the dryad, and she grins. Turning to the lead kobold, she blows a wave of leaves from her hand, knocking one of the kobolds prone. It stands up, yaps at her and moves towards you, drawing a greatsword.

The other four, less armored kobolds approach the party. Three of them carry spears, with the Red and Cyan colored ones readying their weapons. One of the kobolds pulls out a Black sling and loads it!

Round 1
We Be Kobolds!
Karu
Agirran

Round 2
Yoon
Astolfo (Can Also take Round 1 Actions)
Jajee
Sythka

Party is up.

301 to 350 of 465 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Chadius's Solstice Scar (Standard 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.