GM Chadius's Solstice Scar (Standard 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master chadius

Map Slides


351 to 400 of 465 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Female
Skills:
K Arcana +8;K Nature +8; K Planes +8, Spellcraft +87; UMD +5
Elf
Hex:
DC 14
Witch 2 (HP: 12/12)(AC:14 (18 w/ MA) FF:11 T:13)(F:+1 R:+3 W:+3)(Initiative:+5)(Perception:+8)

Sythka focuses on the white Kobold and uses her Evil Eye Hex upon it...

DC 14 to lower his attacks by -2

if she thinks he passed then she will use her cackle to extend the hex for 1 round.

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Move 20ft, Attack!

Jajee moves forward, and attempts to deliver a hard blow to one of the kobolds!

Bardiche; Inspired, Pow.Att: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11
Damage: 1d10 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 = 20

He swings a little TOO hard though, going back to his tree chopping habits


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Jajee yelps and ducks under Jajee's bardiche. The dryad gasps as he chops into a tree.

Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
The kobold with the White spear shudders as Sythka makes eye contact.

Round 1
We Be Kobolds! (White -2 attack)
Karu
Agirran

Round 2
Yoon
Astolfo (Can Also take Round 1 Actions)
Jajee
Sythka

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

Karu throws his offhand dagger at the nearest kobold (white).

There doesn't appear to be any inspiration up yet?

ranged attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Doesn't matter. The dagger silently vanishes into a snowbank.

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

oh good call Karu, minus one from Jajees hit, not that it matters lol

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

Double move, with greataxe!

"GRRRRR!"

Grand Lodge

”Yoon” | female CG human pyrokineticist 1 | HP 10/15 nonlethal damage: 2 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMB –2 CMD 11 | F +5 R +5 W +1 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +3 | Perc +5 SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 2/6 | Active Conditions: None

Yoon moves up with fire in her eyes and wreathing her hands. The flames grow larger threatening to consumer her but a moment later she focuses it into a conical blast enveloping two of the enemies. Red and Black.

Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Reflex 13 for half.

Yoon gains 1 Burn and takes 1 NL damage.


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

I'll bot Astolfo if no one shows up by tomorrow.


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Astolfo plays a rousing tune to excite and Inspire your Courage!

Meanwhile, Yoon allows the heat to exhaust her as she spreads her flame across two of the kobolds.
Red Ref Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Black Ref Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
The kobold with the Red spear kicks up a bunch of snow to cool down some of the heat, but the kobold with the Black sling isn't as lucky! It hurls a sling bullet at the gnome in retaliation.

Bullet: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Karu hurls a dagger into the underbrush as Agirran moves right infront of the White kobold's face. It retaliates with a spear thrust.

White vs Agirran: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 1 - 2 = 10
Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

The apparent champion roars (well, squeals) and its scales shine as it rushes up to Jajee!
This provokes an AoO from Jajee.
Champ vs Jajee: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

The other two gulp and move in with their spears ready.
Even is Agirran: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Red vs Agirran: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Cyan provokes an AoO from Jajee.
Cyan vs Jajee: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

One of the kobolds manages to jab his Red spear into Agirran and yelps, delighted.

The dryad continues to look with a mix of concern and interest.


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Round 2 - Inspire Courage +1
We Be Kobolds! (White -2 attack, Red 2, Black 4)
Karu
Agirran (5 damage)

Round 3
Yoon (1 NL)
Astolfo (Can Also take Round 2 Actions)
Jajee
Sythka

Party is up.

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

5ft adjust, attack cyan token

Jajee pivots, and attempts another home run swing at the newest champion to challenge his might!

Bardiche; Pow.Att, inspired: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d10 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 = 14
Crit time!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Crit damage!: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Dark Archive

Female
Skills:
K Arcana +8;K Nature +8; K Planes +8, Spellcraft +87; UMD +5
Elf
Hex:
DC 14
Witch 2 (HP: 12/12)(AC:14 (18 w/ MA) FF:11 T:13)(F:+1 R:+3 W:+3)(Initiative:+5)(Perception:+8)

Sythka cackles to keep her hexes up and then tries to get into the mind of the solid red circled foe...

Evil Eye on the solid red circle foe; DC 14 to lower his attacks by -2


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

The kobold champion roared and ran in, his small greatsword raised high. Those of you who know draconic knows he's bragging about the blood of dragons that coarse through him or some such.

Jajee doesn't really notice it, but he does notice an easy target. His bardiche swings underneath the kobold, right between its legs. He hefts it up and tosses it aside like a pile of snow. It clobbers against a tree and slides right off with a distinctive thud.

The other kobolds take a nervous gulp. They picked on the wrong longshanks today.

Sythka'landrianna laughs in approval.

Red's Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

The Kobold with the Red spear is too worried about the Bardiche to care about Sythka'landrianna's shrieks.

Jajee, you had an AoO you could resolve on either the Champion or the Cyan kobold. I ruled you used your AoO on the Champion. So you still have your turn.


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Round 2 - Inspire Courage +1
We Be Kobolds! (White -2 attack, Red -2 attack, Red 2, Black 4)
Karu
Agirran (5 damage)

Round 3
Yoon (1 NL)
Astolfo (Can Also take Round 2 Actions)
Jajee (AoO spent; Can still take full turn)
Sythka (Cackle!)

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Oh cool, ill just ready an action in case anyone of the lucky survivors think about taking on Jajee, ill leave the rest for the team!

Jajee readies himself, waiting to see which of the kobolds is deserving of his next attack...

Readied Action, Bardiche; Pow.Att, Inspired: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8
Damage: 1d10 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 = 20

...And in case of another AoO

Spoiler:

AoO; Bardiche; Pow.Att, Inspired: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d10 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 1 = 16

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

Karu can't see a way to get around the foes at this moment, so he runs up and strikes with his dagger.

mwk dagger vs. white: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 = 24
damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

"Growl more, Agirran, it seems to be scaring them!"


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Karu shanks the kobold with the White spear as Jajee starts chopping wood again. The dryad frowns as splinters scatter through the forest.

Round 2 - Inspire Courage +1
We Be Kobolds! (Red -2 attack, Red 2, Black 4)
Karu
Agirran (5 damage)

Round 3
Yoon (1 NL)
Astolfo (Can Also take Round 2 Actions)
Jajee
Sythka (Cackle!)

Grand Lodge

”Yoon” | female CG human pyrokineticist 1 | HP 10/15 nonlethal damage: 2 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMB –2 CMD 11 | F +5 R +5 W +1 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +3 | Perc +5 SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 2/6 | Active Conditions: None

Yoonsteps back and lets the flames continue to wrap around her while she directs their ire forward.

Taking 1 Burn and 1 NL to use Fan of Flames hitting Red and Blue.

Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Reflex 13 for Half.


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Red Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Blue Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

The kobold with the Red tries to jump out of the way, but it doesn't matter. The flames overwhelm him, and he crumples.

The Blue kobold manages to duck and is merely mostly burnt.

Round 2 - Inspire Courage +1
We Be Kobolds! (Black 4, Blue 3)
Karu
Agirran (5 damage)

Round 3
Yoon (2 NL)
Astolfo (Can Also take Round 2 Actions)
Jajee
Sythka (Cackle!)

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

The war wizard lunges forward with his greataxe.

"GIMME THE PRIZE!" he bellows.

The axe falls. **SWOOSH!**

mwk cold iron greataxe v black (power attack, inspired): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 = 25 damage + ally damage: 1d12 + 7 + 1 + 1d8 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 + (5) = 20


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

And another kobold bites the dust!

"Well done, everyone!" Astolfo continues to play a tune.

And then there is one kobold with a spear.

Even is Agirran: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Spear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

The kobold bravely (or timidly) ambles up to Jajee and jabs his armor. But not much else.

The dryad in the back giggles.


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Round 3 - Inspire Courage +1
We Be Kobolds! (Blue 3)
Karu
Agirran (5 damage)

Round 4
Yoon (2 NL)
Astolfo (Can Also take Round 2 Actions)
Jajee
Sythka (Cackle!)

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

5ft adjust, Trip

Jajee moves back and swings the Bardiche in a wide arc hoping to sweep the Kobolds legs out from underneath him..

Trip, CMB: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

Karu sidles up to the kobold, and when it leaps over Jajee's bardiche he has his dagger ready when it comes back down.

dagger: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 21
damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + (2) = 8


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Karu's dagger silences the final kobold.

Combat Over. Agirran took 5 damage.

"Thank you for your help." The dyrad bows to you and speaks in Common. "My name is Enzial, and these kobolds have been harvesting wood and animals at a dangerously high rate. Ever since the white dragons hatched new wyrmlings, the kobolds have hunted in earnest. We haven't seen dragons until maybe the last century."

You mention why you came out here: To find out what happened to the Great White Dragon and Ivvora, servant of Videlis.

"Videlis... I have not heard of that name before." The dryad shakes her leaves. "I can bring you to the Court to speak to the stewards of this region: Vallahk and Quiselle. You could ask for their help but I must warn you, it is difficult to convince them of anything."

There is an optional conversation encounter, similar to what you did when you spoke to the leaders of the Twinhorn Camp.

"Otherwise you may want to follow the kobolds back to their lair. They have dragged many reindeer carcasses and left lots of tracks."

You have 2 potential routes to take here.

DC 15 Survival or DC 18 Perception:

While observing the reindeer tracks, you notice a shortcut. The kobolds must have taken a longer route while dragging the large corpses around.

So you actually have 3 routes to choose from.

Grand Lodge

”Yoon” | female CG human pyrokineticist 1 | HP 10/15 nonlethal damage: 2 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMB –2 CMD 11 | F +5 R +5 W +1 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +3 | Perc +5 SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 2/6 | Active Conditions: None

Perception 18: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

"If we cut through those woods where they can't fit the poor reindeer we could make better time? Either way we could use more friends like Enzial, right? Worth talking to them." Yoon adds giggling at their new friend.

Try the social encounter before we smash more heads?

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
GM chadius wrote:

"Thank you for your help." The dyrad bows to you and speaks in Common. "My name is Enzial, and these kobolds have been harvesting wood and animals at a dangerously high rate. Ever since the white dragons hatched new wyrmlings, the kobolds have hunted in earnest. We haven't seen dragons until maybe the last century."

"I 'spect you don't get out that much." Agirran says quietly sliding his huge axe behind him.

survival: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Yoon the Pyromancer wrote:

"If we cut through those woods...."

Try the social encounter before we smash more heads?

"Yeah, because that's where are strength lies. 'Cut through those woods.'" Agirran shakes his head. "Whatever."

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Jajee nods to Agirran, keeping an eye on the dryad. "Do not doubt our resolve tree-man, Dragons or not we will eliminate these pesky Kobold scum. I have a rather deep hatred of the smelly lizards, and there disgusting ways. If everyone thinks it wise to consult with the locals before we proceed I'm down for a bit of rest. If not let us be on with it, we still have the element of surprise before they notice there "champion" is missing, and with Yoons shortcut we could be there in double time."

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

"Going to ask for help from the Fey does seem like a good idea. It helped a great deal with the Twinhorns."


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

That's two for social encounter!

Enzial nods. ”Please follow me, closely. I will lead you to the court.” The dryad leads the party to a cluster of birch trees, so thick not even a sparrow could fly between them. She pauses, waits for you to catch up, and turns to face the patch. The trees leap aside, creating a short path about a few dozen feet long. As you begin to walk through the path, the scenery blurs as if each step took you several miles ahead.

You emerge into a clearing surrounded by a living palisade of birch trees. At the center stands a lopsided oak tree with green leaves. Two regal fey sit atop the roots, arguing in front of a court of First World beings like dryads, pixies, satyrs and awakened animals.

The erlking Vallahk sits on the branch. His birdlike wings (but made of pine cones, not feathers) flutter against the oak. ”These kobolds are tenacious, I’ll give them that. They are overextending their reach, though. If we declare an all out war and rout them, nature can take its course.”

His portrait is on page 1 of the slides, if you are interested.

Opposite the erlking sits the hamadryad Quiselle. She brushes a flower petal off of her pine needle dress and geranium crown. ”I know the dragons will simply become hungrier over time, but… violence must be used as a last resort. Perhaps we can just slow their hunting down and they will stop overhunting.” She frowns. ”Oh, look Vallahk. Guests!” she smiles and turns to you. ”Enzial, who are these people?”

Enzial looks to you, and then back to the king and queen. ”These strangers fought the kobolds who had begun hunting my habitat. They seem to know much about the kobolds and the dragons. Perhaps we should hear their words before considering our next course of action.”

”Thank you, Enzial.” Vallahk flaps his wings a bit before turning to address you. ”Well then. Speak. Quiselle and I will listen to you now.”

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

Sylvan:
"Greetings, your majesties. We are mortals from the city of Absalom, representatives of the Pathfinder Society. We wish to discuss mutually beneficial arrangements regarding these kobolds."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

The party gets to split 12 skill checks total to convince the King and Queen to take action. The split has to be as even as possible, so each of you get to make at least 2 checks.

To make sure this doesn't slow us down too much, I will ask you to make 3 skill checks and I'll just take the top 2 3rd checks.

Enziel will tell you a bit about the monarchs and how they think:

Vallahk, King of the Court:
Vallahk embodies the aggressive, dangerous, and vengeful aspects of the wilds. He is quick to judge and even quicker to anger. His words are fast and fierce.

Vallahk admires confidence and self-assurance, but he sees creatures showing weakness as prey.

Vallahk cannot stand groveling, which to him includes pandering. Be wary of using Diplomacy in his presence!

Vallahk can be motivated with a DC 15 Intimidate, Profession (hunter or trapper), or Survival OR DC 18 Perception or Stealth check.

Quiselle, Queen of the Court:
Quiselle prefers a gentle approach
that would slow the kobold’s hunting. She knows deep down that with a new clutch of wyrmlings, the dragon problem will only grow over time, but she’s reluctant to give in to violence.

Quiselle appreciates those with a positive, optimistic attitude, but those who show aggression frustrate her.

Quiselle tolerates Vallahk’s occasional bloodlust, but she doesn’t like to see it encouraged. Be wary of using Intimidate in front of her!

Quiselle can be motivated with a DC 15 Diplomacy, Handle Animal, or Heal OR DC 18 Knowledge (nature) or Perform (any) check.


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Conversation rules

Vallahk
Quiselle

Agirran 0/3
Astolfo 0/3
Jajee 0/3
Karu ?/3
Sythka 0/3
Yoon 0/3

Karu, do you want to keep that Diplomacy check?

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

Yes, directed towards the queen I suppose, even though the wording is directed toward both of them. Ok, so that's one of mine. I'll make my others later today.

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Jajee looks in awe at the fey court and all in attendance, fascinated by the creatures. After hearing the proposed actions, Jajee clears his throat and seeing that his best luck maybe with the dangerous looking fey king, Jajee makes full eye contact and speaks in a clear and authorative tone

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

"Listen well fey king, for your predicament echoes one that we JUST recently came back from. A human tribe was bickering as to whether to move from there ancestral lands or stay and fight the relentless undead plaguing there habitat. With our convincing, and aid, they were able to drive forth the abominations and reclaim that which was rightfully theirs! I see the old ones have blessed you, there's a warriors spirit glowing bright inside you King, I plead with you to unleash it, and join with us in a glorious hunt!"
Jajee finishes his ramble with a low bow, not moving until he's addressed again by the court

Dark Archive

Female
Skills:
K Arcana +8;K Nature +8; K Planes +8, Spellcraft +87; UMD +5
Elf
Hex:
DC 14
Witch 2 (HP: 12/12)(AC:14 (18 w/ MA) FF:11 T:13)(F:+1 R:+3 W:+3)(Initiative:+5)(Perception:+8)

Sythka listens to Jajee speak to the Fey King and sensing that the King has more bloodlust than the Queen Sythka tries to sway the Queen using less war lust.

She steps forward and bows to both King and Queen.

"While what my friend said is true good Queen, it is more than just a hunt or battle that some may find glorious. There are other factors at work here. The kobolds have been bold as of late, of that there is no doubt, but that is just the nature of their species. They were brazen to be found where we found them, but perhaps if there more active patrols to keep them away sans the threat of violence the lands would be safer for you and your kind as well as for the animals that live in the area. A direct confrontation with the kobolds would be an easy win for your forces, everyone knows that. But would that anger the Kobolds allies, would that awaken the rumored dragon=kin they are aligned with? Would you want that problem to reign havoc upon you? An easy battle or hunt now may lead to a problem later."

Know Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Know Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Know Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Quiselle grins as Karu begins to address the two. "Oh my, and such good manners. Tell us more about these kobolds." Vallahk grows bored almost immediately. "Great, more groveling."

Karu scored 1 success for Quiselle, but Vallahk will be harder to convince.

The Fey king grows bored, but notices Jajee. "Finally, a hunter! You seem to understand a simple point: We are predators and these kobolds are our prey. They must learn their place."

Jajee scored 1 success for Vallahk. That 20 Perception will also succeed, but it's your third skill check.

Quiselle rolls her eyes at this display of macho bravado and turns to the elf. "You make a good point. Sometimes the threat of bloodshed is enough to avoid it."

Sythka'landrianna scored 1 success for Quiselle. The 3rd roll will be used to Aid Another.


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Conversation rules

Vallahk (1 success, Vallahk annoyed)
Quiselle (2 successes)

Agirran 0/3
Jajee 3/3 (Perception DC 20)
Karu 1/3
Sythka 3/3 (Aid Another K. Nature)
Yoon 0/3

Astolfo has begun an impromptu concert and is a bit too busy at the moment to talk.

Grand Lodge

”Yoon” | female CG human pyrokineticist 1 | HP 10/15 nonlethal damage: 2 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMB –2 CMD 11 | F +5 R +5 W +1 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +3 | Perc +5 SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 2/6 | Active Conditions: None

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Yoon jumps into the conversation.

"Hunting isn't always about running down your prey! Being smart and agile...surprising them always works well. Don't you like surprises? At least it is better to surprise them than to have the dragonsies surprise us." she starts to laugh but gets serious thinking about what a dragon could do to her.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Karu Yoshioka wrote:
"Going to ask for help from the Fey does seem like a good idea."

"Yeah. Sure. When has that ever gone wrong?"

Later.

Agirran stands off to the side, arms cross, not saying a damn thing to anyone about anything unless forced to.

If forced by one of his companions (consider carefully):
Agirran looks around as if to say "What? You want me to try and convince them? I thought this was a s++* idea from the start." Agirran can say a lot with a look. "Fine. But if this gets us all killed, I want you to shut the Hells up from now on."

Agirran steps to the center of the court and addresses the paired monarchs. (If he has to direct this at a specific target he chooses the king because the queen is obviously an idiot.)

"Listen your worshipfulnesses, none of this really matters. Whatever happens here we still got a mission to complete, with, or without your help. This is just fair warning is all. We're gonna go in, and we're gonna kick a lot of ass. If you wanna help make sure we kick the right ass, and in the right quantity to keep your lands safe, I'd suggest comin' along, and helpin' out. If not, keep the f!!# outta our way."

intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

He returns to the party. "Alright, are we done here? Can we go now?"


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

Vallahk is startled when Yoon appears behind him and begins rambling. "Well, at least you don't need to grovel like your kitsune friend there."

Agirran rolls his eyes over all of this diplomatic crap, steps forward and barks at the king. Vallahk stares at him intently...before clapping. "A man of action! I'll need to get ahead of you if I'm going to score any kills! I'm convinced, we need to beat this human to the punch!"

Quiselle, meanwhile is shocked by Agirran's display... "It will take weeks to calm him down..."

Conversation rules

Vallahk (4 success, Vallahk annoyed)
Quiselle (2 successes, Quiselle disturbed)

Agirran 2/3 (Rolled 14)
Jajee 2/3 (Rolled 16)
Karu 1/3
Sythka 3/3 (Aid Another K. Nature)
Yoon 2/3 (Rolled 20)

Reapplying Yoon's 20 to a K. Nature check
Yoon mentions a relatively bloodless method to driving kobolds away, and Quiselle begins to cheer up a bit.

Reapplying Jajee's 16 to a Heal check
And Jajee mentions a patented Mwangi healing technique that could be used to patch up trees and small animals from minor injury.

"At least some of you are making sense. I... we will do what we can to drive the enemy away. You may hear from us again. We shall consider giving you our blessing when your need is greatest." She then waves her hand, causing a rush of oak leaves to fall from the tree and whirl around you.

Special Fey Success! Woohoo!

When the leaves clear, you and Enzial are back along the frozen lake’s bank. "Good luck on your efforts to clear the kobolds away. I shall... remain here and clean up, I guess." Enzial prepares to dispose of the kobold bodies, as you move on towards a shortcut Yoon noticed before.


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

The shortcut is quite useful. You find a route up the side of a mountain and begin climbing. From up here you can see the kobold raiding parties you would have wasted time on. Why are they hunting so actively?

The cold winds are harsh, and you endure the winds before finding an entrance to a cave.

I need a DC 13 Fort Save from each of you. Failure means you take 1 nonlethal damage and you are Fatigued for the next encounter. The Endurance feat, Cold Weather Outfits, or similar items will protect you here.

As you reach the cavern entrance, you can already hear kobolds yelping cries of alarm.

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Jajee shivers as he approaches the lair, the wind cutting him down to the bone..

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

His padded armor, and fierce Shaonti determination keep the man more than warm enough as he awaits to wreak havoc on kobold scum!

Grand Lodge

”Yoon” | female CG human pyrokineticist 1 | HP 10/15 nonlethal damage: 2 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMB –2 CMD 11 | F +5 R +5 W +1 (+2 vs. fear) | Init +3 | Perc +5 SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 2/6 | Active Conditions: None

"See! They were nice and apparently will help us later. The king even liked you Agi." she smiles as they move onwards.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Yoon shivers as they work along the path but by internalizing her control of fire she maintains a manageable body temperature.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

Endure elements! ;p

"What's wrong? You guys act like it's cold out." Agirran says trudging through the snow in his fur vest, and exposed tree-trunk legs.

Dark Archive

Female
Skills:
K Arcana +8;K Nature +8; K Planes +8, Spellcraft +87; UMD +5
Elf
Hex:
DC 14
Witch 2 (HP: 12/12)(AC:14 (18 w/ MA) FF:11 T:13)(F:+1 R:+3 W:+3)(Initiative:+5)(Perception:+8)

FORT vs DC 13: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Sythka braves the cold weather but tries to get as close to Yoon as possible hoping the fire specialist radiates some sort of heat...

"It is so cold out..." she mutters and wonders why Agirran is so comfortable...'.. ulfen...'

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Karu trusts in his furry pelt to keep him warm against the wind and snow.


The Burden of Envy - (Slides |Gameplay)

You all endure the harsh cold as you reach the kobold lair. Upon making it, you hear most of the kobolds retreat into the lair. All but two, who load their crossbows and retreat into the cavern.

Perception DC 20:
Upon a close inspection, you realize some of the floor is designed to give way to a 20 foot pit trap. You'd trigger the trap if you ran directly to the kobolds, near the pillar. It's best to hug the wall and avoid it altogether.

DC 20 Disable Device check to disarm the trap.

Initiative:

Agirran: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Jajee: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Karu: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Sythka: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Yoon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Enemy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Round 1
Karu
Jajee
Kobolds
Sythka
Yoon
Agirran

Karu and Jajee prepare themselves to enter the Kobold's Lair!

The Exchange

Male LN Human (Shoanti) Fighter 1 | HP: 7/13 | AC: 22 (Touch: 12, Flat: 19) | CMB: +6; CMD: 18 | F+4, R+2, W+1 | Init: +2 | Perc +4, SM +0 | Speed: 20ft.

Jajee yells over to Karu "Hey Karu, your eyes are pretty perceptive. Kobolds are known for there trap loving ways, think you can get some eyes on the ground and see if you spot anything?"

Jajee attempts to aid the rogue in his search..

Aid another; Karu: 1d20 ⇒ 2

The Exchange

Male Kitsune Unchained Rogue (Kitsune Trickster, Scout) 1 | HP 4/9 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | Ft +1 Rf +6 Wi +1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Dancing Lights 3/3

Karu winces a the shout and whispers in response, "Hmm, right you are, Jajee. But... keep the voice down, alright?"

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

"There's a trap right over there -- a pitfall. We could go around by the wall, or just try to bypass this altogether, if we try a different turn. I don't know if the other turns lead where we want to go, though."

"Hmm... Or I could try to rig it so we could walk on it safely. Might be difficult. The kobolds might try to attack me while I did it."

351 to 400 of 465 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Chadius's Solstice Scar (Standard 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.