GM Batpony PFS unseen inclusion [9-04] T2 (Inactive)

Game Master Batpony

Maps & Handouts


101 to 150 of 294 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 3.2 | AC 28 (T 14/FF 26) | CMB +6 CMD 19 (FF 17) | HP 37/37 | Init +1 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +1 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: -1 Con (34/34 HP), -1 Cha, +4 bonus on next disease Fort checks

Hskoro approaches the chest and takes the three horns out, tasting them with his fork tongue as the tries to identify the animal they come from.

Knowledge (Nature), untrained: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

As Hskoro picks up the first horn, his eyes momentarily turns cloudy white (For a couple seconds) before it returns to it's normal state.

Hsokoro:

As you reach in, and your hand comes in contact with one of the horns. Immediately you receive a flash of a vision. You feel as if you are a disembodied, floating being, always in the presence of a woman dressed in Ancient Osiriani garb. Any distinguishing features of the woman blur and shift. The voice, you recall to be the same as the one that spoke when you entered into the ruins. The spoken language is Ancient Osiriani, but you seem to understand it even if you normally don't.

The woman stands surrounded by the aftermath of a great battle in the desert. She examines the wounded and dying with interest, ignoring their cries for help. She kneels by a dying man, places her hand on his forehead, and says, “Were you one of ours? One of theirs? It matters not. The Plague loves all of you the same. Do you feel it? As your body dies, does your mind cling to life? Yes—I sense it. Wonderful! I must try again. Soon even the Lady of Graves will have no hold over my fate.”

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Diviner (foresight) 2 | HP 13/14 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F +2, R +2, W +3 | CMD 11 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +2 | Speed 30 ft | Resist Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | Conditions:

Salron steps back as requested. Once the chest is opened he casts Detect Magic as he looks at the horns within. He spends time studying the objects but avoids touching them until he can be sure that they are not harmful.
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

"No one touch them until we are able to verify they are not harmful." Unfortunately his words are just a moment to late as Hsokoro picks up one of the horns.

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 3.2 | AC 28 (T 14/FF 26) | CMB +6 CMD 19 (FF 17) | HP 37/37 | Init +1 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +1 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: -1 Con (34/34 HP), -1 Cha, +4 bonus on next disease Fort checks

Hskoro shakes his head to clear it before looking down at the horn. "I received a vision through the horn I grabbed. Showed a woman in Ancient Osiriani garb over a battlefield. She said something about the Plague loves all and that she will soon become undead soon, I believe."

The Exchange

Male Human Wizard (transmuter) 1 - HP 12/12, AC 11/T: 11/FF:10 - Perception +0 - F: +2/ R: +1 / W: +2 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30, Init. +1

"I...I...wonder if we should be here," says Aldarion, nervously.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

The magic emanating from the horns are the same weak aura divination noted earlier. You know the horns are not naturally magical, but you cannot seem to figure what spell this is. Although, from the nature of divinity spells, you don't think it is harmful in nature.

Hskoro:
do you continue to pick up the rest?

Scarab Sages

Kineticist 3 (HP: 39/39 Force Ward 3/3), Init: +2, AC: 16 T: 12, FF: 14, Perception +8, F: +8, R: +5, W: +2, CMB: +2, CMD: 14 Current Nonlethal damage: 3 | Burn: 1 (max 1/Round)

"It's a little trick I picked up when training. It's not easy, but it's what I do..."

----------
After the horn is picked up, "You're not harmed in any way by your vision... right? If you'd rather not, I'll try the next."

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 3.2 | AC 28 (T 14/FF 26) | CMB +6 CMD 19 (FF 17) | HP 37/37 | Init +1 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +1 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: -1 Con (34/34 HP), -1 Cha, +4 bonus on next disease Fort checks

Hskoro shakes his head. "I wasn't harmed. I'll move on to the next horn. We might get more clues about what we are facing."

He reaches down and picks up the next horn.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Hsokoro, Second Horn:
Screams echo around the dark halls as the woman snarls. “They die too quickly! There is no time. I need healthier subjects.” She looks up, but her features remain obscured. “Go to the training grounds. Tell the captain I require another full squad of his most able-bodied guards for the Dungeons of the Ever-Dying. Perhaps they can survive long enough to further my studies. No—not one squad. A dozen fresh recruits each week.”

Hsokoro, Third Horn:
Feelings of intense pain and desperation accompany this vision. The woman mockingly waves one of the horns into view. “What better material to preserve a memory than the horn of a creature fundamentally obsessed with knowledge? Perhaps I shall find others like you, take their essence, and perfect my magic. Pain? Yes. There will always be pain for you. I will leave you those memories. A suiting gift for a traitor.”

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 3.2 | AC 28 (T 14/FF 26) | CMB +6 CMD 19 (FF 17) | HP 37/37 | Init +1 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +1 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: -1 Con (34/34 HP), -1 Cha, +4 bonus on next disease Fort checks

After putting down the second horn, Hskoro shakes his head to clear it and then tells the others what he saw. "The second horn reveals the woman experimenting on her guards and then demands more 'recruits' for her Dungeons of Ever-Dying from a training ground. She is complaining that they are dying too quickly."

Hskoro waits for a moment and then takes a deep breath before grabbing the second horn. Again he is drawn into a vision. He winces in pain from this horn before the vision finally clears.

Taking a minute before revealing what he seen, he finally opens up. "These horns were designed by the woman to preserve memories. The horns belonged to something the woman called 'a creature fundamentally obsessed with knowledge.' But also called the owner of this horn a traitor."

He looks to the others, "It is a bit confusing to me. But it seems the woman wanted to become undead or something like that."

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Diviner (foresight) 2 | HP 13/14 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F +2, R +2, W +3 | CMD 11 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +2 | Speed 30 ft | Resist Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | Conditions:

"Well that all sounds kinda horrible. I wander what prompted her to seek out undeath."

Salron ponders the given creature description and the horn in an attempt to identify it.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Undeath is just nasty he remarks,

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

"So, do you think she left something down here to guard them? I mean something more impressive than the skeleton." Declan starts to look around in concern.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Diviner (foresight) 2 | HP 13/14 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F +2, R +2, W +3 | CMD 11 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +2 | Speed 30 ft | Resist Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | Conditions:

"That is entirely possible. It is also possible that she found her way to undeath and may be within this complex somewhere."

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 3.2 | AC 28 (T 14/FF 26) | CMB +6 CMD 19 (FF 17) | HP 37/37 | Init +1 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +1 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: -1 Con (34/34 HP), -1 Cha, +4 bonus on next disease Fort checks

"There is still the path we didn't take at the entrance of these ruins. Maybe something more can be found there."

Scarab Sages

Kineticist 3 (HP: 39/39 Force Ward 3/3), Init: +2, AC: 16 T: 12, FF: 14, Perception +8, F: +8, R: +5, W: +2, CMB: +2, CMD: 14 Current Nonlethal damage: 3 | Burn: 1 (max 1/Round)

"Indeed. I want to catalog every inch of this place."

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

A thorough search of the room yields no new results, and Salron strongly believes the horns to belong to that of a lesser div, more specifically a doru. Typically doru's are disembodied and bestial head covered in lashing hair and curling horns. Dorus are the divs that whisper in the night, the foul inspiration that drifts upon fetid winds, the messengers of pretender gods.

Back to slide 5.

Realising there's nothing else, the party backtracks their steps towards the entrance and then continue down the unexplored path into a series of small chambers. A chest, made of wood now rotting, sits in the first room’s western alcove. Although in a poor condition, looking easily breakable, the locks surprisingly hold.

Disable Device DC20:

Within are mostly dozens of small, dull gray stones with no apparent value. Many of the stones have cracks, divots, and pockmarks. Four onyx gemstones stand out as possibly being valuable.

Only if the chest is open, do the relevant knowledge checks below apply.

Kn. Arcana or Appraise DC14:

The stones were once flawless gemstones and that they were likely used as components in the creation of a spell or magical effect.

Kn. Arcana or Appraise DC19:

These stones represent failed attempts at necromancy of some kind.

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan looks over the chest and the lock before setting to work on the lock.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Disable Device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

Appraise: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Declan opens the chest and pulls out several stones. They're dull gray with cracks and chips taken out of them. "These stones were used in a necromantic ritual. It looks like a failed ritual.

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 3.2 | AC 28 (T 14/FF 26) | CMB +6 CMD 19 (FF 17) | HP 37/37 | Init +1 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +1 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: -1 Con (34/34 HP), -1 Cha, +4 bonus on next disease Fort checks

"The woman who's voice we heard did fail several times in the visions I had with the horns. These stones must've been more failed attempts."

With the chest opened and the items identified, Hskoro moves on toward the steps and beyond.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

For the next area, I'm just going to reveal the partial map, we won't be using the maps anymore, but just to give an idea of how it looks like.

Further in, Detritus litters the next room, including bits of metal, broken furniture, crushed glass, leather strips, and shredded parchment. The walls, ceiling, and floor are covered in deep gouges forming words and phrases in multiple languages. You attempt to decipher the words written covering very surface of this room. An opening leads west towards the next chamber.

If you choose to do a Linguistics check, it is three different checks for the below.

Linguistics DC25 or Abyssal:

“I will seek the Dungeons, find the screams, remember your name, KILL YOU”

Linguistics DC25 or Ancient Osiriani:

“I will seek the Dungeons, find the screams, remember your name, KILL YOU”

Linguistics DC25 or Infernal:

“I will seek the Dungeons, find the screams, remember your name, KILL YOU”

If you want to spend some time studying this room, as I would imagine good Pathfinder agents would…

Taking some time to study the room, you decipher that the room once contained a table with thick leather restraints, a single stool, and a small writing desk.

Linguistics DC13 or Perception DC15:

You note scraps of parchments that contain Ancient Osiriani writing, arcane symbols, and sketches of gemstones and humanoid skulls.

If you met the above check , the below applies.

Linguistics DC18 or Ancient Osiriani:

Although illegible, these musings date back to the Age of Destiny, around seven millennia ago

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 in the study

LOL, dice hate me today

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Diviner (foresight) 2 | HP 13/14 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F +2, R +2, W +3 | CMD 11 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +2 | Speed 30 ft | Resist Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | Conditions:

Linguistics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Linguistics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Salron speaks Infernal.
Linguistics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Linguistics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Diviner (foresight) 2 | HP 13/14 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F +2, R +2, W +3 | CMD 11 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +2 | Speed 30 ft | Resist Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | Conditions:

Salron ponders over the many phrases that are written here. Even with his keen intellect he is not able to decipher some of them. He does however translate at least one of them for the everyone to know. Translating from Infernal he says “I will seek the Dungeons, find the screams, remember your name, KILL YOU”

He has also been picking up various scraps of parchment and paper as he has wandered the room. Laying them out he muses "Although these are written in illegible Ancient Osiriani writing, they show arcane symbols, and sketches of gemstones and humanoid skulls. These musings date back to the Age of Destiny, around seven millennia ago." He gathers it all up and carefully stows it for later reporting.

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 3.2 | AC 28 (T 14/FF 26) | CMB +6 CMD 19 (FF 17) | HP 37/37 | Init +1 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +1 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: -1 Con (34/34 HP), -1 Cha, +4 bonus on next disease Fort checks

"Those gems we just found might be failed parts of the gemstones mentioned in the writing you were able to decipher Salron."

"Seven millennia ago. That is a lot of time for the creature that fled here to be. Maybe they were trapped in that room with the chewed on scrolls. If they were stuck here for so long, they might have gone insane."

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Know Religion 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 to see if he knows of any religious ceremonies that might use gems

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Diviner (foresight) 2 | HP 13/14 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F +2, R +2, W +3 | CMD 11 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +2 | Speed 30 ft | Resist Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | Conditions:

"it is possible but if true the creature's insanity could have also caused it to remain here. Unable to escape even if it wished to."

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

"Let's finish exploring the old tomb with the ancient evil." Declan continues on cautiously.

Scarab Sages

Kineticist 3 (HP: 39/39 Force Ward 3/3), Init: +2, AC: 16 T: 12, FF: 14, Perception +8, F: +8, R: +5, W: +2, CMB: +2, CMD: 14 Current Nonlethal damage: 3 | Burn: 1 (max 1/Round)

Frustrated that he's note erudite enough to provide answers, Agis continues to document what he sees and Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 and points out some scraps of parchments that contain Ancient Osiriani writing, arcane symbols, and sketches of gemstones and humanoid skulls.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Intrigued by your discoveries, you traverse once more deeper into what seems to be a curving hallway leading to a dead end. Over a dozen small alcoves line this hallway, each containing rusted shackles bolted to the walls and copious amounts of dust. Three of the alcoves contain brittle skeletons hanging from the shackles. Frantic whispers echo around the otherwise-silent chamber, seemingly originating from the skulls of the deceased.

Check 1

Kn. Religion DC15 or the Repose domain:

You know that unquiet spirits can be put to rest through spell use (bless, consecrate...etc), or possibly holy water if one is able to say the right prayer.

Check 2

Kn Religion or Heal DC13:

The bones once belong to adult humanoids who suffered from multiple horrific and fatal diseases.

Kn Religion or Heal DC18:

Only magic or divine energies could have kept these people alive long enough to contract so many deadly diseases, and that force is likely what preserved the bones.

That's it for the mini dungeon crawl! Let me know if you would like to do anything while still in here, else we head back out to Obahar!

Scarab Sages

Kineticist 3 (HP: 39/39 Force Ward 3/3), Init: +2, AC: 16 T: 12, FF: 14, Perception +8, F: +8, R: +5, W: +2, CMB: +2, CMD: 14 Current Nonlethal damage: 3 | Burn: 1 (max 1/Round)

Agis again uses his mind to soak in the sights, sounds, and smells of the area. It includes using his power to hold the skulls aloft as he takes down notes.

Heal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 "These bones once belong to adult humanoids who suffered from multiple horrific and fatal diseases. Only magic or divine energies could have kept these people alive long enough to contract so many deadly diseases, and that force is likely what preserved the bones. It's horrifying."

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 3.2 | AC 28 (T 14/FF 26) | CMB +6 CMD 19 (FF 17) | HP 37/37 | Init +1 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +1 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: -1 Con (34/34 HP), -1 Cha, +4 bonus on next disease Fort checks

"Nasty disease. Let us hope this undead doesn't try to revive such a thing."

Nothing else to be explored and no apparent threat, Hskoro turns to leave. Ready to leave the ruins.

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Know Religion 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
LOL

The Exchange

Male Human Wizard (transmuter) 1 - HP 12/12, AC 11/T: 11/FF:10 - Perception +0 - F: +2/ R: +1 / W: +2 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30, Init. +1

Feeling useless, Aldarion mopes at the back.

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Diviner (foresight) 2 | HP 13/14 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F +2, R +2, W +3 | CMD 11 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +2 | Speed 30 ft | Resist Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | Conditions:

Salron quickly jots down some notes as Agis speaks. Closing his journal he turns to the group. "It would appear our trek here is finished. Let us go and inform the lead scholar of this dig site know what we found. Hskoro, if you would be so kind as to lead us out. Aldarion you shall have the honor of providing our report to the site foreman."

"After we get done here we still need to figure out where that hideous head creature disappeared to and stop it from causing further problems. We may also wish to put in some time at local library or temple for research on who the women may have been in life."

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 3.2 | AC 28 (T 14/FF 26) | CMB +6 CMD 19 (FF 17) | HP 37/37 | Init +1 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +1 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: -1 Con (34/34 HP), -1 Cha, +4 bonus on next disease Fort checks

Hskoro nods at Salron and leads the group safely out of the ruins. Glad to taste fresh air as they leave and enter below the open sky.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Although there are a few questions left unanswered, the ruins seemed to have revealed as much as it can to you. Satisfied with your discoveries, you thread back to Obahar who waits patiently and eagerly for your return at the entrance of the ruins.

"Well, what have you discovered?" He immediately asks when you emerge. He head nods rigorously as you relay every detail you can to him as he frantically jots and goes through his notes of the ruins and incidences that have taken place. "Mhmm. Mmm."

"I have not heard of the Dungeon of the Ever-Dying, but there must be a means to discover this." He states his thoughts, ever so eager to learn more of the situation at hand. "You should rest for the day, let me compile my notes on the leads for you. I suggest you visit the Thrice-Shrouded Necropolis in case the reference to the Lady of Graves is significant. Come back to me when you have enough clues and maybe we can figure out where this Dungeon is."

For the next day, You have three options:
1. Temple of the Reedeming Sun, where you can meet the raving woman
2. Visit the alchemist who claims to have mentioned the "demonic face"
3. Visit the Thrice-Shrouded Necropolis
We shall go with the place that gets 2 votes first.

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Diviner (foresight) 2 | HP 13/14 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F +2, R +2, W +3 | CMD 11 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +2 | Speed 30 ft | Resist Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | Conditions:

I vote for going to the Temple of the Redeeming Sun.

Scarab Sages

Kineticist 3 (HP: 39/39 Force Ward 3/3), Init: +2, AC: 16 T: 12, FF: 14, Perception +8, F: +8, R: +5, W: +2, CMB: +2, CMD: 14 Current Nonlethal damage: 3 | Burn: 1 (max 1/Round)

I'll abstain as I've run this.

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Temple of the sun

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 3.2 | AC 28 (T 14/FF 26) | CMB +6 CMD 19 (FF 17) | HP 37/37 | Init +1 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +1 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: -1 Con (34/34 HP), -1 Cha, +4 bonus on next disease Fort checks

Tempe of the Redeeming Sun it is.

The Exchange

Male Human Wizard (transmuter) 1 - HP 12/12, AC 11/T: 11/FF:10 - Perception +0 - F: +2/ R: +1 / W: +2 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30, Init. +1

Agreed!

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Starting the day off early, the group heads over to the Temple of the Redeeming Sun in search for more answers to the menace that is causing nuisances locally. This temple is the largest in the city. It boasts a massive courtyard where the faithful congregate to pray under the open sun. The gold plating on the surrounding buildings focuses the rays of the sun inward on a tremendous altar at the center of the courtyard, it's been told that the heat at the apex is so intense that the priests require protective magic to survive giving their sermons.

One of the side buildings, providing shelter from the burning sun is the hospice wing where the sick are kept. Inside you are able to find Mauta, the woman mentioned in the briefing as you are escorted to by a priest named Herhut. Mauta lies in a small room separate from the other patients, and her mad screams echo through the halls. The priest explains that Mauta started rambling in garbled Ancient Osiriani shortly after arriving at the temple. They are doing their best to care for her, but they are unable to ease her wild ramblings and hallucinations. She is strapped down to her bed, in her mad state, she yells incoherently, as if she's lost the ability to speak properly.

Ancient Osiriani or Linguistics DC13:

You discern the words “seek,” “she,” “spiral,” and “death."

You may attempt to calm her down with a diplomacy or heal check.

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Diplomacy 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Please relax lady. We can help you,. Please tell us what is wrong? the cleric inquires.

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 3.2 | AC 28 (T 14/FF 26) | CMB +6 CMD 19 (FF 17) | HP 37/37 | Init +1 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +1 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: -1 Con (34/34 HP), -1 Cha, +4 bonus on next disease Fort checks

Diplomacy (Aid Other): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Hskoro approaches the woman's bedside and starts humming a soothing sound. Hskoro often remembering his mother doing the same thing to sooth him when he was but a hatchling.

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Diviner (foresight) 2 | HP 13/14 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F +2, R +2, W +3 | CMD 11 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +2 | Speed 30 ft | Resist Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | Conditions:

Salron casts Guidence on himself as he attempts to understand the woman's rambling screaming. Linguistics: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 = 14

"Seek. She. Spiral. Death. Those are the few words that I am able to translate."

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

With the Caelhal's silver tongue in attempting to calm her to her senses, she slows down and attempts to speak slower. Perhaps she understands you, and wants to help, but her madness has not left her. She continues to repeat her words, but she speaks with a bit more clarity.

من به دنبال کسی هستم که مارپیچ مرگ را می پوشد! من احساس حضور او را دارم! خادمان خورشید سعی داشتند فرشته ها را مخفی کنند، اما آنها باقی مانده اند! آنها کجا هستند؟!"

Ancient Osiriani or Lingusitics DC13:

“I seek she who wears the spiral of death! I sense her presence! The Servants of the Sun tried to hide the Dungeons, but they remain! Where are they?!"

If the spoiler above is revealed, you may attempt for the spoiler below.

Kn. Religion DC 10:

“spiral of death” is reminiscent of Pharasma, the Lady of Graves, whose holy symbol is a spiralling comet.

We will soon be at decision point, so think about where to head next in your investigations!
1. Go back to Obahar to report your findings
2. Visit the alchemist who claims to have mentioned the "demonic face"
3. Visit the Thrice-Shrouded Necropolis

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Diviner (foresight) 2 | HP 13/14 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F +2, R +2, W +3 | CMD 11 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +2 | Speed 30 ft | Resist Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | Conditions:

Salron casts Guidence on himself once again as he attempts to understand the woman's speech. Linguistics: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 1 = 26

“I seek she who wears the spiral of death! I sense her presence! The Servants of the Sun tried to hide the Dungeons, but they remain! Where are they?!" Salron gives a shake of his head as he finishes the translation. "Do any of you understand who she is speaking about?"

Knowledge (religion), Untrained: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
"Obviously “spiral of death” is reminiscent of Pharasma, the Lady of Graves, whose holy symbol is a spiraling comet."

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

"None of this makes sense to me. I mean, if this refers to the tomb we just left, that lady was trying to cheat death, to cheat Pharasma."

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Where to next?

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Diviner (foresight) 2 | HP 13/14 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F +2, R +2, W +3 | CMD 11 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +2 | Speed 30 ft | Resist Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | Conditions:

Salron pulls out a copper piece and gives it a flip. Catching it in his palm he looks at it for a brief moment before looking up. "First we will stop to see the alchemist who saw the demonic face and then we shall make our way to the Thrice-Shrouded Necropolis to see what they might make of all of this. Hopefully we can put this puzzle together before presenting any of our findings."

101 to 150 of 294 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Batpony PFS unseen inclusion [9-04] T2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.