GM Batpony PFS unseen inclusion [9-04] T2 (Inactive)

Game Master Batpony

Maps & Handouts


1 to 50 of 294 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Open for dotting.

Scarab Sages

Kineticist 3 (HP: 39/39 Force Ward 3/3), Init: +2, AC: 16 T: 12, FF: 14, Perception +8, F: +8, R: +5, W: +2, CMB: +2, CMD: 14 Current Nonlethal damage: 3 | Burn: 1 (max 1/Round)

Psychic Mark

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Here he is, in his Calisistrian Glory :)

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Dotting for Declan

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

And we're off! A little earlier but I've got some time with the long weekend :)

Called once more to the duty of "Explore, Report, and Cooperate", your
adventure begins in the Twisting Garden Lodge in Merab, an expansive garden maze surrounded by a few small buildings that house caretakers, residents, and visitors. The maze build of tall green hedges looks impressive, and may cause folks to be nervous at the incredible size of it! Fortunately for you, a guide has been waiting to walk you through this elaborate maze. After a minute or two, you perhaps feel a little worried that you are lost... even with the guide.

After a couple more twist and turns in what might seem forever (5 minutes)! The path eventually opens onto a spacious courtyard with a large pavilion at the center. A voice calls out, “Please, join me, before the food grows stale!” The guide gestures to the pavilion, where cushioned benches line the edges of the shaded area and surround a large table covered in delicacies. There Diya awaits, wearing a loosely wrapped red and white headscarf affixed at her shoulder with a scarab pin.

“I am Venture-Captain Diya Akan. Please, eat. Then we shall talk.” Her eyes, though clouded with blindness, betray her elven heritage. A dog with sand-colored fur snoozes at the venture-captain’s feet, his ears giving the occasional twitch when someone speaks. Diya continues. “If you have spent any time in Merab these past few weeks, you have no doubt witnessed the ongoing construction as this city expands to meet its fast-growing demand for housing. You may have also heard that an archaeological dig team accidentally loosed an angry spirit on the city when they broke into an ancient section of the undercity. Rumors are swirling, and the creature is causing serious harm. Usually this would be left to the city watch, not the Pathfinder Society, but— well, I will let the Sapphire Sage explain.” She hands a letter to whoever is nearest. “Read it aloud, would you?”

If you notice on the top of this thread as well as in my header, there are links. "Maps & Handouts" & "UI1" respectively. These is a google slide that is used to keep all our visual aids in one place. Refer to handout 1 in Maps & Handouts, and I'll assume one of your reads it out loud!

After reading the missive, Diya continues, “Merab’s officials have requested that your first order of business be to inspect and clear the ruin. You may learn something of the creature’s purpose in the process. I suggest you interview the dig team and speak with the scholar Obahar, who is probably already nosing about the site. You can trust his assistance. After investigating the ruin, follow up on these leads, and any others you discover. We must discover what this creature wants, as Amenopheus asked.” And she hands you another letter.

Refer to Handout 2 on the slides

She allows you to take some time to digest the information. "I hope you understand the matter at hand, and take any time you need to equip yourselves before you head out. You will find there are many markets in Merab that will suit your needs."

Now is the time to declare any purchases in advance, and also ask any questions to the VC. Also if you would notice on the very last page of the Maps & Handouts there is a cheat sheet where I would need all your perception, initiative, and marching order information. Please fill those up!

The Exchange

Male Human Wizard (transmuter) 1 - HP 12/12, AC 11/T: 11/FF:10 - Perception +0 - F: +2/ R: +1 / W: +2 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30, Init. +1

"So...Do you know...uh...what the dig team is...uh...trying to find?" asks Aldarion hesitantly.

Spend 2 PP, buy a wand of cure light wounds.

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

The young elf enters into the room, his long hair is tied back in a braid and his eyes take everything and everyone one. His armor is yellow and black and you notice, right above his belly button a symbol, more than a regular tattoo of 3 daggers pointing in, the symbol of the Savored Sting. He carries a whip and a longsword at his side and smiles at his new companions, bowing before the gentlemen and kissing the hand of the women Caelhal Lantherian, devotee of the Savored Sting. he says proudly.

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 3.2 | AC 28 (T 14/FF 26) | CMB +6 CMD 19 (FF 17) | HP 37/37 | Init +1 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +1 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: -1 Con (34/34 HP), -1 Cha, +4 bonus on next disease Fort checks

Hskoro is a well armored and armed Nagaji. His scales both on his body and his armor have a blue tinge to them.

After reading the documents, he thinks for a moment. "Clear out the ruins of any monsters and see if there is any information about this 'evil spirit.' Then talks to the woman speaking in a strange language and the merchant poisoning others. Understood."

Hskoro doesn't seem to have any questions, he was just confirming his orders.

Scarab Sages

Kineticist 3 (HP: 39/39 Force Ward 3/3), Init: +2, AC: 16 T: 12, FF: 14, Perception +8, F: +8, R: +5, W: +2, CMB: +2, CMD: 14 Current Nonlethal damage: 3 | Burn: 1 (max 1/Round)

"This is my kind of mission. No weddings, no politics. We go in and actually do some Pathfinding while testing our skills. I'm ready."

Indeed, the kineticist gives a genuine smile at the description of potential danger.

"Besides, I need practice on my aim."

Slides filled, and ready to go.

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Diviner (foresight) 2 | HP 13/14 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F +2, R +2, W +3 | CMD 11 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +2 | Speed 30 ft | Resist Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | Conditions:

"Hmmmm... This is a delicate situation. We must be prepared for just about anything given the description provided. I just hope we find ourselves well prepared."

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

This is a mission right up Declan's alley. "This ought to be interesting.

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

With a smile the elf approaches the half elf

Elven:
Very nice looking
he says looking him up and down.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Shaking her head, "With regards to the site, or any part of this investigation that is to come, I know nothing that I have not already divulged. But I am certain that you would have the answers at the site." She tells as she graciously offers the spread at the table for you to enjoy.

Blind, but not deaf, her head turns towards Caelhal's direction.

"eifu? la 'aerif ma aldhy tushir 'iilayh"

Elven:
"Excuse me? I do not know what you refer to."

Towards the end of the meal, she irritates once more stressing that you fulfil the Society’s archaeological obligation to Merab by clearing out the ruin of hazards and documenting their discoveries.

She really knows little of the incident at hand. So I'll post the next information.

Before you leave, Diya asks only that the members of the Scarab Sages stay a few moments longer. Only members of the Scarab Sages should open the spoiler below.

Scarab Sages:

"Whatever these ruins are, they clearly bear some relation to the sage jewels. Bear this in mind, and thread with caution as you take on the task."

As you wander through the city heading towards the site, you attempt to ask around for information, and recall what you already know of the place.

You may make some kn. checks below to learn more about the town and ancient ruins beneath Merab. Open any spoilers in which you meet the minimum roll. And feel free to share whatever information you feel relevant to your fellow Pathfinders.

Kn. Local or Diplomacy (Gather Information)

15+:

The people of Thuvia are often quite religious and observe a number of superstitions. Citizens may be reluctant to speak of evil creatures.

20+:

The most common type of fiend encountered in Thuvia is the div, a creature spawned from a corrupted genie that seeks the corruption of all things.

Kn. Dungeoneering or History

15+:

During Merab’s millennia of continuous occupation, its citizens have as often demolished or build atop of older structures. As a result, it’s not unusual for dig crews to stumble upon long-concealed layers generally referred to as the undercity.

20+:

Typically, such ruins are uncovered as the city expands outward, but this discovery was near the center of the city, where previous construction is being cleared to make way for newer, sturdier buildings. These ruins likely predate any known structures.

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

he will cast enhanced diplomacy on himself
1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 4 = 23

Interesting. The people of Thuvia are often quite religious and observe a number of superstitions. Citizens may be reluctant to speak of evil creatures.
The most common type of fiend encountered in Thuvia is the div, a creature spawned from a corrupted genie that seeks the corruption of all things.
he states.

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep
GM Batpony wrote:
...

[spoiler=elven] My Lady, the comment was not directed to you [/b] he says most diplomatically

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Diviner (foresight) 2 | HP 13/14 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F +2, R +2, W +3 | CMD 11 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +2 | Speed 30 ft | Resist Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | Conditions:

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

"Did you all know that during Merab’s millennia of continuous occupation, its citizens have as often demolished or build atop of older structures. As a result, it’s not unusual for dig crews to stumble upon long-concealed layers generally referred to as the undercity."

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 3.2 | AC 28 (T 14/FF 26) | CMB +6 CMD 19 (FF 17) | HP 37/37 | Init +1 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +1 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: -1 Con (34/34 HP), -1 Cha, +4 bonus on next disease Fort checks

Diplomacy (Gather Info): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Hskoro nods along with Salron, "Yeah. This will not be unusual for them to find."

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will
Caelhal Lantherian wrote:
With a smile the elf approaches the half elf ** spoiler omitted ** he says looking him up and down.

Elven:
"Yes. I am.
He responds with confidence.

About evil creatures, "Then we don't ask about evil creatures. We ask what they know or what was found. We ask if its inhabited and read between the lines."

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

After asking around the locals and doing a bit of research, you arrive at the site. The dig site is as you possibly imagine what it would be like, nearly a dozen workers mill about the area as a wide array of excavation tools gather dust in the corners. A bearded man by the ruin entrance busily examines charts and objects laid out on a wooden table shaded by temporary awnings. A muscular young man in his late teens walks up and approaches you says, “I am Anaref! If you’ve come to cleanse the ruins of evil, I’ll tell you all you need to know!”

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

He smiles at the half elf

Elven:
THat you are. We shall have to get to know each other, a bit better
he says with a smile.

Scarab Sages

Kineticist 3 (HP: 39/39 Force Ward 3/3), Init: +2, AC: 16 T: 12, FF: 14, Perception +8, F: +8, R: +5, W: +2, CMB: +2, CMD: 14 Current Nonlethal damage: 3 | Burn: 1 (max 1/Round)

I just realized we didn't hit the highest Dungoneering Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17... still haven't

Agis listens to the man's story, trying to parse out how much of it is real and useful Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Sense motive on the new guy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 3.2 | AC 28 (T 14/FF 26) | CMB +6 CMD 19 (FF 17) | HP 37/37 | Init +1 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +1 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: -1 Con (34/34 HP), -1 Cha, +4 bonus on next disease Fort checks

Hskoro nods at Anaref. "That we are. Your information will be helpful."

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

The young man confidentially claims. "I was there when it all happened. I saw the creature with my own eyes! A floating head, with a tongue as long as my arm and eyes like ice. It tried to lick me! I asked my gran, and she says it was a vargywheel.” He nods his head vigorously.

Those who haven't made a sense motive check...

Sense Motive DC12:

He's largely exaggerating everything and likely is only trying to get attention. You're not sure what is truth in that statement there.

The Exchange

Male Human Wizard (transmuter) 1 - HP 12/12, AC 11/T: 11/FF:10 - Perception +0 - F: +2/ R: +1 / W: +2 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30, Init. +1

Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Not the guy for Sense Motive. Or Dungeoneering, apparently.

Aldarion seems amazed and not much more sophisticated than the other young man. "A floating head? All by itself? That's just got to be magical!"

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Diviner (foresight) 2 | HP 13/14 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F +2, R +2, W +3 | CMD 11 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +2 | Speed 30 ft | Resist Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | Conditions:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

"Mmmmhmmm... That does indeed sound correct young man. Remain vigilant, as you most certainly don't want to be touched by something like that."

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

"Right you are! I'm more than certain it's got to be magic. I mean, at one point, it started spewing fire from it's eyes! It's got to be a magic devil." He exclaims.

Sense Motive DC12:

He's largely exaggerating everything and likely is only trying to get attention. You're not sure what is truth in that statement there.

Go ahead and attempt Sense Motive again!

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

"Thank you for your help, but we need to speak to someone who's ACTUALLY encountered the reason for the troubles here. Could you direct us to them?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 3.2 | AC 28 (T 14/FF 26) | CMB +6 CMD 19 (FF 17) | HP 37/37 | Init +1 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +1 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: -1 Con (34/34 HP), -1 Cha, +4 bonus on next disease Fort checks

Sense Motive DC12: 1d20 ⇒ 8

"Interesting boy. Point us to the direction that leads to the entrance to the unexplored parts of the ruins."

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Diviner (foresight) 2 | HP 13/14 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F +2, R +2, W +3 | CMD 11 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +2 | Speed 30 ft | Resist Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | Conditions:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

"You have told us enough. There is no need to exaggerate what you saw or heard from others. Please allow us past so that we might get on with our assignment."

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

The cleric nods.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

The young man's face changes as he realises his little show has come to an end, and he points you towards the entrance of the ruins where everyone seems to be crowding around a bearded man.

The bearded man's ill-fitting clothes are an odd mix of styles and colors and are in various states of disrepair; the only aspect of his appearance he seems to care about is his neatly trimmed beard. The workers mutter that they think Obahar is taking too long. Obahar examines some old blueprints on a table near the ruins’ entrance, occasionally glancing up at the tunnel and making thoughtful noises. He startles when he finally notices your presence.

“Oh! You must be the Pathfinders. I am Obahar, local expert on archeology and ancient history. I’m glad you’re here! With our combined expertise, we’ll have this all figured out soon enough! While I am eager to learn more about the ruins, I am afraid my adventuring days are long behind me. Please go inside and take careful note of what you discover. This is possibly the most important find in Merab’s history—aside from the sun orchid elixir, of course! Where was I? Ah yes. The ruins spat out one fiend already, so there’s no telling what awaits you. Whatever you find, return it as-is. When you report back, we can find out where this monster is from and what it might be up to.” He makes it straight to the point.

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 3.2 | AC 28 (T 14/FF 26) | CMB +6 CMD 19 (FF 17) | HP 37/37 | Init +1 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +1 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: -1 Con (34/34 HP), -1 Cha, +4 bonus on next disease Fort checks

Hskoro nods at the old man bearded man and then moves toward the entrance of the ruins. "Let us be on our way and discover what we can."

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

He nods.

Are there any temples to the Savored Sting in this town? he asks.

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Diviner (foresight) 2 | HP 13/14 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F +2, R +2, W +3 | CMD 11 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +2 | Speed 30 ft | Resist Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | Conditions:

"You say the ruins spat out a fiend already. Would you describe the fiend please? Just so that we might have some idea of what might await us inside."

After receiving the description Salron will move into the entrance of the ruins.

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

"Any further information you can give us could mean all the difference."

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Oahar pauses for a moment when Caelhal asks his question, "I'm not exactly sure about any worship houses of Calistria, but it's possible. Merab is a very big place."

Without skipping a beat on the question about the creature, Obahar immediately responds "Hmm... I know nothing of it except that the creature is some sort of bodiless head that came from down there!" He points to the entrance of the ruin. That's why it is imperative that you seek the answers from these ruins here. It may enlighten us in our search for answers."

Once we're done here, we will be heading into a little bit of a dungeon crawl once in the ruins, let me know if anybody will be doing anything special pre-entry. Once everyone has posted their ready for the dungeon crawl, we will immediately walk in!

Scarab Sages

Kineticist 3 (HP: 39/39 Force Ward 3/3), Init: +2, AC: 16 T: 12, FF: 14, Perception +8, F: +8, R: +5, W: +2, CMB: +2, CMD: 14 Current Nonlethal damage: 3 | Burn: 1 (max 1/Round)

Ready!

Scarab Sages

Male Tiefling Diviner (foresight) 2 | HP 13/14 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F +2, R +2, W +3 | CMD 11 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | Sense Mot +2 | Speed 30 ft | Resist Cold 5, Electricity 5, Fire 5 | Conditions:

Ready.

The Exchange

Male Human Wizard (transmuter) 1 - HP 12/12, AC 11/T: 11/FF:10 - Perception +0 - F: +2/ R: +1 / W: +2 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30, Init. +1

Ready, sir!

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Ready

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 3.2 | AC 28 (T 14/FF 26) | CMB +6 CMD 19 (FF 17) | HP 37/37 | Init +1 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +1 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: -1 Con (34/34 HP), -1 Cha, +4 bonus on next disease Fort checks

Ready here.

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

I think that is all of us

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan was born ready to delve dungeons.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Map is updated, refer to slide 5.

Before you venture down the darkness of the tomb into the unknown, he request the members of the Scarab Sages stay behind for a short while.

Scarab Sages:

“the venture-captain will have need of such descriptions—the smell of the objects, the way they feel, and so on. Just don’t taste anything—could be dangerous!" Sense Motive DC12 to open the next spoiler.

Spoiler:

You believe Obahar believes he can impress Diya with such information.

Those without darkvision will need a light source, please declare your light source.

The air cools as the tunnel leads deeper beneath Merab. Wooden supports shore up the walls in more precarious spots, and abandoned side tunnels show where the crew explored layers of older construction beneath the dig site. Eventually, the tunnel intersects a wall of much older construction than the surrounding area. Sledgehammers and other tools lie outside a hole in the wall large enough for a person to step through that opens onto a large room. The southern part of the room is largely collapsed. A sprawling message in red symbols covers the floor.

As you approach the message, the magic symbols on the floor writhe into a spiral and a telepathic message broadcast by an irritated, deep feminine voice enters your mind.

“Pathetic slave! Your base obsession with secrets served its purpose for a time, but you have grown tiresome. And now you dare to turn this obsession against me?! Foolish! You could have served a higher purpose, empowering me for all eternity. Now, for your defiance, you will grow to hate your immortality. You will wallow in ignorance forever, and even I, your master, will forget you.” You hear this message in your thoughts in your mother tongue.

This is definitely a magical effect, and emanates magical auras, but I could not tell you which as I don't know myself. Scenario doesn't make it very clear. But.. relevant knowledge check below.

Kn. Planes DC22:

You know of several creatures obsessed with secrets, such as the powerful nalfeshnee demons and the ambitious doru divs. Given the construction team’s observations, it’s far more likely that the telepathic voice refers to a doru.

There are two paths, one leading north and another west, both don't have any distinguishable differences, let me know the path the group would want to wander to first.

Scarab Sages

Kineticist 3 (HP: 39/39 Force Ward 3/3), Init: +2, AC: 16 T: 12, FF: 14, Perception +8, F: +8, R: +5, W: +2, CMB: +2, CMD: 14 Current Nonlethal damage: 3 | Burn: 1 (max 1/Round)

DM:
Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 1 Unsure of the details and reason, Agis nods understanding. Agis double checks his gear so that he can take notes.

"I always go left when given the choice, but more importantly, I always follow the lead."

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 3.2 | AC 28 (T 14/FF 26) | CMB +6 CMD 19 (FF 17) | HP 37/37 | Init +1 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +1 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: -1 Con (34/34 HP), -1 Cha, +4 bonus on next disease Fort checks

Hskoro peers into the darkness, not even his eyes are good enough to see far. "We'll need a light source." He looks at the wizards expectantly.

When stepping in and hearing the voice, Hskoro speaks in a guttural, hissing voice.

Nagaji:
"She spoke in my language. Interesting."

"This must of been an ancient spell cast before this place became a ruin. It sounds like the slaves rebelled against the owner of the voice we heard."

Hskoro smiles at Agis, "Left it is then." Hskoro walks straight across the room toward the path on the west side.

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

[ooc=Active Effects]Dancing Lights
[/ooc]
Declan will oblige Hskoro's request for a light.

"Perhaps it is the slave that the diggers found." Declan whispers.

The Exchange

Male Human Wizard (transmuter) 1 - HP 12/12, AC 11/T: 11/FF:10 - Perception +0 - F: +2/ R: +1 / W: +2 - CMB: +4 - CMD: 15, Speed: 30, Init. +1

Aldarion lights an old-fashioned torch and holds it aloft as he goes.

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

The elf basks in the light trying to get within the best possible light to show off his greatness.

1 to 50 of 294 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Batpony PFS unseen inclusion [9-04] T2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.