DM waz up's tale of the adventurer (Inactive)

Game Master william Nightmoon

Astril, the land of the greats. it is the year 364 in the second era. the gods have just finished the ten-thousands war, a conflict that shook the prime material plane and caused the destruction of several lesser planes.
you are a farmer, a mercenary, a student, or perhaps just an unfortunate slave. things turn to your favor, or out of it, and you are sent on a journey to discover your fate!


151 to 200 of 621 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

Meg will hold his action, if the Kobold breaks and runs he will bomb it other wise he doesn't want to chance hitting these nice new people he met.

Bombs away: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 sub 1 from the atk and dmg if he is outside of 30'


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

Tindertwig kicks some dirt in frustration.

Toos manys big poeples!

Rippit, comes the agreement.


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

"Know Ra's wrath for thy misdeeds. Thou shalt not attack those under his protection." Zimul chants, his focus still on Goldoth.

Inspiring command - Goldoth

Sovereign Court

game master

I understand that maintaining the song is free, but he doesn't seem like the type to rush forword and get pulverized by a kobold... continuing his song, and I made a mistake, the kobold is still small, it's just... stronger than a standard kobold.

The bulging kobold heals from gyro's attack, but some of the wound remains, at least you seem to be damaging it...

The kodold swings again! 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 but it seems the pain of it's new form is too much to focus... the attack defects off of gyro's shield


Medium Male Humanoid (Orc) | Fighter 2 | Theme Song

Whoops, didn't get a chance to roll Goldoth's attack last round.

Goldoth continues swinging the flat of his axe at the creature.

Attack (Nonlethal)
roll + ability + base + insight + morale + nonlethal
Attack (Greataxe): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 16

roll + ability + morale
Damage (Nonlethal): 1d12 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14

Summary (Round 3):
Standard Action: attack scary kobold

While I'm here, might as well attack for this round. I assume Zimul will continue casting inspiring command on Goldoth; otherwise, remove 2 from his attack roll.

Attack (Nonlethal)
roll + ability + base + insight + competence + nonlethal
Attack (Greataxe): 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 26

roll + ability + base + insight + competence + nonlethal
Critical Threat: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 12

roll + ability + competence
Damage (Nonlethal): 1d12 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 = 22

roll + ability + competence
Critical Damage (Nonlethal): 2d12 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (11, 1) + 18 + 2 = 32

Wasn't sure if 12 would confirm, so rolled critical damage just in case. A shame to see such a good roll likely go to waste.

Summary (Round 4):
Standard Action: attack scary kobold

Combat So Far:
Combat is getting kind of confusing, so I went through and mapped out what's happened so far.

Initiative

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Sovereign Court

game master

The kobold is knocked out from goldoth's mighty swing, causing the strange crature to fall down in a writhing pile. It's flesh churns beneith its scales. Okay, time for some fun! yeah the things AC is only 12, so you did hit it! For the math, that's +1 size +1 natural, it lost it's dex mod when it began to rapidly heal, on the turn the kobolds advanced.

heal check DC:15:
the kobold seems to be healing beond natral limits and filling with energy fast. if this doesn't stop, there may be a problem


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

Meg runs down to investigate this strange creature.

"Not that I have much dealings with Kobolds but this one is much different the few I have seen or read about."

heal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

"I'm a historian, not a healer, darn it."Zimul gives the kobold a quick look over.

heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

"Eh. I think we should stand back. Kobold doesn't look too stable. It might blow up." Zimul moves to be 20 ft away from the kobold, hiding behind the corner.

And yes, I would be using inspiring command on you all the way, right till kobold dropped.


Medium Male Humanoid (Orc) | Fighter 2 | Theme Song

Oh, I really did crit? I hope 14 from R3 less fast heal plus the 54 in R4 didn't overflow and kill it outright! Goldoth's heart can't handle all this death. :(

GM Only:
roll + ability + hangover
Heal: 1d20 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 3 - 2 = 7
Was worth a shot...

Sovereign Court

game master

After a few moments, the kobold begins to bloat, expanding as the energy inside it oversteps the boundaries of flesh. The kobold awakens Thoon is vile! Take it back, I don't want thoon! it says, it's flesh tearing itself apart.


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

"You renounce Thoon? Ok, stay still, don't move and we'll see what we can do to help you."Zimul returns to the kobold's side."Megildur, you're better then I am at this kind of thing. You just need to take your time and focus. I'll try to help.

assist Megildur's heal check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Suggesting Meg takes 10 on the heal check, there's a +2 for successful assist


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

Can I redo my heal by taking to Waz up?


Warforged
Vitals:
HP 25/25; AC 22, FF 21, T 11, CMB +5(+8 Sunder); CMD 17 920 vs sunder) ; F 6, R 1, W 1; Perception +7, Init +1
Skills:
Acrobatics -4 (-8 to jump), Climb +4, Craft (blacksmith) +6 (+8 to repair a warforged.), Knowledge (engineering) +9, Linguistics +3, Perception +7

Just incase this thing explodes, Gyro plants his shield between it and him
full cover

-Posted with Wayfinder


Medium Male Humanoid (Orc) | Fighter 2 | Theme Song

Goldoth takes a step back to allow the others unfettered access to the strange kobold. He places his back against the wall, adjacent the cubby, and then slowly slides into a sitting position with a great sigh. Producing a dirty piece of cloth from his backpack, he begins wiping the axeblade clean.

Sovereign Court

game master

@Zimul: You don't know what to do, the kobold isn't dieing, rather the opposite, it's healing from wounds that don't exist. HP is at 35/56, first number is base health, second number is current HP


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

How are we supposed to remove Thoon from him?Any knowledge checks for that?


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

Tindertwig pooks his big-eared head out from the cubby hole.

Thing lookings rough!

Rippit, rippit.,Dirtbag croaks in agreement.

Sovereign Court

game master

I'm gonna tell you this, thoon isn't in him... rather thoon has just altered him. it's a know dungeonering to determine what has happened to him, what thoon is, and any thoon related knowledge. I really want to advise you, but I know I shouldn't drag my players all over the place... you have chance to learn more about him through research! i placed some characters in game that are able to let you know some more, but that is kinda not available right now... i really don't want you to die so early in the game...

you can however reattempt a heal check.


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

I genuinely want to help him return to whatever he was now that he's repented.

Heal check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

I mean you can't just kill people because they've contracted plague, that's wrong. You quarantine them, try to cure them. If there's nothing I can do for him, or it is unsafe to be near him - have it be as a result of my heal check - can I open the spoiler? Or post a new spoiler for me.

Currently Zimul sees it as someone who has temporarily lost control over himself, repented and wants to mend his ways. People(or kobolds) should not be blamed for actions they can't control. I believe the defense is called automatism.

Sovereign Court

game master

who ever said this was a disease? not me that's for sure... and another thing, this kobold is irrational right now...
your pitiful attempts to help the kobold have gone fruitless. the kobold shouts at the top of its lungs I GIVE MY LIFE, my life for THOON! Take the pain away!

you discern that if you don't get away soon, this kobold will explode with the energy inside him, possibly harming you or worse...
HP:35\61


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

"Guys, lets get the hell out of here. That kobold is going to blow up! Now RUN!" Zimul runs full speed to the trapdoor and gets up it, urging the party to hurry on up. Once everyone is up, Zimul will shut the trapdoor and wait till the explosion goes.

Sovereign Court

game master

okay, don't forget the kobold goldoth almost splated that's still alive :) i'm just going to let one of you pick him up if you wish, but you have two rounds time to get stuff done.


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

Meg wracks his brain trying to think of what is going on here.

"I have never seen such a thing."


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

"There's nothing more we can do for him. You don't want to be anywhere close when he blows up to see it, believe me."


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

Squeak!

Rippit!

Fear and trembling sound from inside the dark cubby...

Sovereign Court

game master

oh, tindertwig, you have half cover. so there is like a 50% chance you get some damage...


Warforged
Vitals:
HP 25/25; AC 22, FF 21, T 11, CMB +5(+8 Sunder); CMD 17 920 vs sunder) ; F 6, R 1, W 1; Perception +7, Init +1
Skills:
Acrobatics -4 (-8 to jump), Climb +4, Craft (blacksmith) +6 (+8 to repair a warforged.), Knowledge (engineering) +9, Linguistics +3, Perception +7

and i believe Gyro has Full

-Posted with Wayfinder


Warforged
Vitals:
HP 25/25; AC 22, FF 21, T 11, CMB +5(+8 Sunder); CMD 17 920 vs sunder) ; F 6, R 1, W 1; Perception +7, Init +1
Skills:
Acrobatics -4 (-8 to jump), Climb +4, Craft (blacksmith) +6 (+8 to repair a warforged.), Knowledge (engineering) +9, Linguistics +3, Perception +7

"I will hold the shield, deflect some of the blast. Everyone, get to cover" he calls back to his retreating companions

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

game master

with a loud BANG! the kobold explodes!

1d100 ⇒ 34 for tindertwig tindertwig is safe in the cubby.

the kobold blows up in a blast that is more than just gore and bones. the raw energy slams against gyro's shield. 4d10 ⇒ (7, 9, 4, 4) = 24 denting the metal. gyro, the shield takes that as damage, with the hardness it takes 14 damage. the tower shield is now at 6 HP

assuming those who did not post took the two round to get away, and goldoth one round to pick up the kobold guard before using a full round to get away.

edit: event passed! party EXP:200


Warforged
Vitals:
HP 25/25; AC 22, FF 21, T 11, CMB +5(+8 Sunder); CMD 17 920 vs sunder) ; F 6, R 1, W 1; Perception +7, Init +1
Skills:
Acrobatics -4 (-8 to jump), Climb +4, Craft (blacksmith) +6 (+8 to repair a warforged.), Knowledge (engineering) +9, Linguistics +3, Perception +7

Gyro leans into the blast. He feels and hears how his shield buckles and cracks. But it holds. As the gore and smoke clears he gets up, looking his shield over
"Not bad... but it could use some improvements" turning to look behind him
"Everyone okay? Twiggy? You still in one piece? And your aquatic friend? "

-Posted with Wayfinder


Medium Male Humanoid (Orc) | Fighter 2 | Theme Song

Goldoth gingerly sets the recovered kobold down as the dust settles, wiping a bit of sweat from his brow and then rubbing the accumulated perspiration off his hand with his shirt.


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

Sorry was out playing X-wing all day

Meg will retreat with Zim hot on his heels, he doesn't want to be blown up any more than the others do.


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

The sounds of hoarse cough and spitting comes from the cloudy cubby.
Staggering out on wobbly legs, Tindertwig stumbles over to Gyro.

The little goblin smiles up at the big fella.

Thump raised up in the air, he says, Wees a bit dusty, but its good fer hiding.

Rippit, comes-a not to sure-croak of agreement.

Tindertwig then begins searching the area for his missed arrows.

arrows: 1d3 ⇒ 1


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

After the explosion, Zimul heads down, none worse for wear. "You guys stayed?" He shakes his head and sighs. "Everyone all right?" He asks. Then he sees the still breathing kobold. "Lets tend to him, tie him up and bring him upstairs. We can interrogate him later to find out about Thoon."

"Megildur, will you do the honors?"

Heal assist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Trying to prevent this section from taking place

Recovering without Help

A severely wounded character left alone usually dies. He has a small chance of recovering on his own. Treat such characters as those attempting to recover with help, but every failed Constitution check to regain consciousness results in the loss of 1 hit point. An unaided character does not recover hit points naturally. Once conscious, the character can make a DC 10 Constitution check once per day, after resting for 8 hours, to begin recovering hit points naturally. The character takes a penalty on this roll equal to his negative hit point total. Failing this check causes the character to lose 1 hit point, but this does not cause the character to become unconscious. Once a character makes this check, he continues to heal naturally and is no longer in danger of losing hit points naturally.

Going to wait till he recovers hp normally to question him, probably wont burn resources on him.

And no, I did not and probably will not prepare stabilize =)


Male Elf Bard 1

"Well, I have to say that was more excitement than I was hoping for when I came into town. I'm sorry you had to see that Goldoth."


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

heal: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11

Meg will kneel down next to the Kobold and tend to his wounds, applying dressings and cleaning up the blood to make sure nothing major has happened.

"I have what I can for him today"

today I cannot heal a thing haha

Sovereign Court

game master

that could actually aid zim, totaling at 13... which would prevent the kobold from loseing hitpoints but won't really let him regain consciousness.
The tunnel continues ahead, but many of the supports where damaged by the explosion and may break if you proceed. You remember the lieutenant said an alchemist is coming to town, perhaps he could help...


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

But we have our own Alchy.

Tindertwig looks around at the mess that the explosion had caused.

Mees think it fall down now.

He peers into the darkness.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Sovereign Court

game master

You can see the tunnel is clearly a retreat, many traps are set up to go off shortly after someone passes by, filling the tinnel with caltrops and beartraps, the traps are disabled right now.


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

Zimul ties the kobold up and sets him in the abandoned hut. Time enough for the party to pick him up later! He then rejoins the party with his lighted studded leather armour.

"Is it safe to proceed?" He asks Tindertwig.


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

Tindertwig looks back as Zimul speaks.

Lotsa traps, but not active. Not toos sures of the ceiling, though.


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

Meg smiles down at the Goblin

"You lead the way carefully my little green friend, no need for you to get hurt."

I will be away most of the day.


Male Elf Bard 1

"Yes goblin, please lead the way. We'll watch your back. Make sure no meanies sneak up behind you."


Warforged
Vitals:
HP 25/25; AC 22, FF 21, T 11, CMB +5(+8 Sunder); CMD 17 920 vs sunder) ; F 6, R 1, W 1; Perception +7, Init +1
Skills:
Acrobatics -4 (-8 to jump), Climb +4, Craft (blacksmith) +6 (+8 to repair a warforged.), Knowledge (engineering) +9, Linguistics +3, Perception +7

Gyro grins
"His name is Tindertwig. I just call im Twiggy for short.. hah hah. Short" he rumbles a bit as he laughs at his own pun

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

game master

As you travel down past the unstable supports and the disabled traps the tunnel begins to thin out again once again. You come to a small alcove with a ladder heading down a legde. The walls have become rocky, and you are getting awfully deep.

Mystery Rolls:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32


Warforged
Vitals:
HP 25/25; AC 22, FF 21, T 11, CMB +5(+8 Sunder); CMD 17 920 vs sunder) ; F 6, R 1, W 1; Perception +7, Init +1
Skills:
Acrobatics -4 (-8 to jump), Climb +4, Craft (blacksmith) +6 (+8 to repair a warforged.), Knowledge (engineering) +9, Linguistics +3, Perception +7

How far down?

Gyro leans over and examines the ladder. Mostly to see if it would support him

Engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

Zimul picks up a stone, casts light on it, then drops it down the ledge, to see how deep the ledge is.

Sovereign Court

game master

the rock falls down about 20 feet, you can see the rock glowing dimly at the bottom... but you are already quite deep.

@Tindertwig: you notice a slight shift in the air, it is no longer as light as it was before... the air here seems heavier... darker. you appear to be entering the tunnels that run throughout the entirety of the underground... the Darklands...

@gyro: the ladder is made by kobolds for kobolds, it is quite crude, and would likely not hold any but tindertwig.


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

"Well my little friend we are not sending you down there by yourself. It would be dangerous and just mean of us to do so. I am light and thing but the Kobolds and yourself are smaller and lighter than myself.

Meg pears down the hole looking around perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 low light vision.


Warforged
Vitals:
HP 25/25; AC 22, FF 21, T 11, CMB +5(+8 Sunder); CMD 17 920 vs sunder) ; F 6, R 1, W 1; Perception +7, Init +1
Skills:
Acrobatics -4 (-8 to jump), Climb +4, Craft (blacksmith) +6 (+8 to repair a warforged.), Knowledge (engineering) +9, Linguistics +3, Perception +7

"Then I suggest we use the rope, we tie it here, we climb down, then Twiggy can toss the rope back down, either we catch him, or he can try his luck on the ladder"

151 to 200 of 621 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The story begins! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.