DM waz up's tale of the adventurer (Inactive)

Game Master william Nightmoon

Astril, the land of the greats. it is the year 364 in the second era. the gods have just finished the ten-thousands war, a conflict that shook the prime material plane and caused the destruction of several lesser planes.
you are a farmer, a mercenary, a student, or perhaps just an unfortunate slave. things turn to your favor, or out of it, and you are sent on a journey to discover your fate!


51 to 100 of 621 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

Zimul goes out to see the apple tree and scans it for magical auras. He then appraises the apples (looking, not touching) on the tree to see if they are special.

appraise: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Detect magic on apple tree

Sovereign Court

game master

The tree has a faint aura, but is indeed magical. The apples are unlike any commonly grown variety. They are a vibrant red with bloches of yellow, and orange. The flowers they are growing from seem to still be in bloom, and are a bright yellow, with red tips. The apples remind you of flames.


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

"Interesting. There may be some truth to the tale afterall.". Mindful that the barkeep said he had to pay for the apples, Zimul returns to the tavern to turn in for the night. There would be time to go around town the next day.

I'm pictuting its late afternoon/evening, Zimul has spent a whole day on his feet and is fairly tired. Also getting alchemical supplies for the mage doesn't sound very interesting unless he knows something about the ruins that I don't...


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

Meg eye balls the unique apples very carefully, never seeing something so exquisite or interesting in his entire life. "I must study these, I wonder if one is for sale?"

Meg walks back into the bar and looks at Beor "How much for an apple? I want to see why they are so unique."

Sovereign Court

game master

Beor thinks for a moment. well, I'd say about a copper an apple. They grow all year round, even in the snow. he pulls out a basket full of the apples and sets it in the bar. picked these yesterday.


Warforged
Vitals:
HP 25/25; AC 22, FF 21, T 11, CMB +5(+8 Sunder); CMD 17 920 vs sunder) ; F 6, R 1, W 1; Perception +7, Init +1
Skills:
Acrobatics -4 (-8 to jump), Climb +4, Craft (blacksmith) +6 (+8 to repair a warforged.), Knowledge (engineering) +9, Linguistics +3, Perception +7

still here, just not much to do at the moment


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

Meg digs around in his coin pouch and pulls out a silver. "Why not 10 apples or just keep the change?"


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

Same here. Just letting this play out. Waiting for a hook...
...of course in the meantime, Tindertwig is living it up at Gyro's!


Warforged
Vitals:
HP 25/25; AC 22, FF 21, T 11, CMB +5(+8 Sunder); CMD 17 920 vs sunder) ; F 6, R 1, W 1; Perception +7, Init +1
Skills:
Acrobatics -4 (-8 to jump), Climb +4, Craft (blacksmith) +6 (+8 to repair a warforged.), Knowledge (engineering) +9, Linguistics +3, Perception +7

as long as nothing gets blown up :P


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

Lucky he is not an alchemist...lol

Sovereign Court

game master

Beor nods and takes the copper. As he does this, a man comes into the tavern. He is obviously important, and is wearing the armor of the imperial army. His cape let's you know he is a lieutenant. He walks up to the bar and sighs. Beor, get me the usual, I've had a horrid day!
The bartender smiles. well, okay then! Mind saying whatever is bothering you? he quickly grabs a tankard and fills it with ale

The lieutenant takes the ale and takes a long draw.
people keep disappearing. Then, just earlier today, not an hour ago, a woman shows up ranting about some monster before taking a guards sword and opening her gut... who would do that to themselves?


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

Having explored and experimented the entirety of the workshop, Tindertwig smiles as he rushes out the door; arms loaded with odds and ends.

I gots his now, Dirtbag!

Rippit!, comes from the precariously perched toad.


Medium Male Humanoid (Orc) | Fighter 2 | Theme Song

Goldoth perks up and gives the lieutenant his attention at the mention of disappearing people. He pats Alitas on the shoulder to get his attention, and points to the lieutenant, his head pushed out just a bit with his chin forward, as if prompting Alitas to say something.


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

"Right, town has a problem. We should look into that.Which of you hardy folks would like to join me investigating?" He appeals to the tavern-goers.


Male Elf Bard 1

Alitas glances casually over to the lieutenant as he speaks, not even seeming to notice Goldoth.

"Missing people and a crazy woman? Quite a fascinating story. What did you say that woman's name was again? Putting a name to a character makes it far better at grabbing some potentially helpful attention."


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

Meg looks up from his apple, he has cut it up and has added bits to a few different jars with a few different liquids.

"A suicide you say? Strange Monsters? Count my interest piqued, mind you we will need permission from our friend here... guard..?"

Sovereign Court

game master

The lieutenant turns to the group of adventures and sighs. well, my men are busy enough on the border, it would please me greatly for your help... now, first i must let you know the details before you deside to go off. The woman's name was Gezet, she was a cobbler, had been missing for three days. She came in from the south and was almost naked, all her clothes where torn and tathered. She kept repeating the words "it is coming, it is looking for them. It is coming"... She went around town for about 5 minutes before the gaurds tried to calm her down. Next thing we know... she's changed into a hag of some sort. Purple veins stood up under her skin and she grew in size, the flesh tearing under the strain... She overpowered one of the gaurds and used his weapon on herself. When she did, she exploded... the gaurd was killed in the blast... It was kept silent, only to prevent panic. You seem well suited and unlikely to turn this town into an anarcy. If you help, I'm willing to recremend an official recognition as adventures. You will be paid monthly for work on ruins, clearing of monsters, and exploration of foreign lands... how's that sound?


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

As Tindertwig (and Dirtbag) busy themselves with preparing a (poorly conceived) trap out on the tavern steps, the words of the sheriff float outside and easily into the big-eared goblins...err...well...ears.

Tindertwig stops his project; a big-eared grin on his little green face.
Placing a dirty finger to his mouth, Shh Dirtbag. Wees be sneaksy now.

The pair quietly enter the tavern, ducking under a table as they enter.

stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Sovereign Court

game master

perception Beor: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
perception Lieutenant: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Both Beor and the lieutenant turn and notice the goblin hiding under a table. is that a frog? asks the lieutenant.


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

Meg turns to view the goblin the same as the Lt and Beor, smiling as he does.

"It does appear to be so gentlemen, quite a large specimen as well. Meg takes a large bite of the uncut half of the apple, crunching loudly. "These are delicious, and they grow year round you say? Interesting."

He then turns back to the Lieutenant "I would like to investigate this strange occurrence as you have mentioned. What other sort of information can you give us on this?"


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

With a look of annoyance, Tindertwig, again, places a dirty finger to his mouth.

Shhh, wees beings sneaksy.

Rippit, comes a hush confirmation from Dirtbag.

The goblin ducks back under the table.

A second later, he sticks his head out.

Dirtbag is a toad!

He then goes back under...

Sovereign Court

game master

The lieutenant chuckles, and Beor groans. By Morodin's beard! Another brute! Fine, fine... beor moves and leaves through a door behind the bar. The lieutenant turns back to Meg and nods. play then, my name is Lieutenant kyle. Just call me Kyle. Now, go ahead. I can give you access to the bodies... as long as there is no reanimation being done... necromancy is outlawed for a reason...
Anyways, the preist ,Victor, examined it already, using the powers the gods granted him. He says the woman was not exactly human anymore... now she wasn't affected magically! somehow, this is a disease or a curse... what he found was this strange green liquid, like nothing seen before. We called up an alchemist who specializes with exotic substances, he should arrive tomarrow... you can stop by the town hall to meet him and see what he has to say... other than that, I need someone to go to Gezet's house and try to find evidence of her being kidnapped... the others who are missing are: 1)John, a farmer who lives just down the southern road 2) Harly, an elf merchant who works in the market selling herbs and spices, and 3) a little boy named Tomas... he's the son of the town guard's captian...


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

"All right, we'll check Gezet's house first thing tomorrow, then check out John, Harly and Tomas. Where was Gezet's house again?" Zimul asks.

Sovereign Court

game master

Lt.Kyle turns to Zim, sothern part of town... seems to be where all the kidnappings are occurring...

Beor comes back out, a cestus on his right hand. You staying here or camping out? he asks you all.


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

what time of day is it?


Warforged
Vitals:
HP 25/25; AC 22, FF 21, T 11, CMB +5(+8 Sunder); CMD 17 920 vs sunder) ; F 6, R 1, W 1; Perception +7, Init +1
Skills:
Acrobatics -4 (-8 to jump), Climb +4, Craft (blacksmith) +6 (+8 to repair a warforged.), Knowledge (engineering) +9, Linguistics +3, Perception +7

The large construct comes through the door
"Any of you seen..." he looks around. Then sighs
"Oh good. Not dead yet..." he then nods at those gathered
"Appologies. Did I interrupt a meeting... I'll just take my assistant and be off..." he begin to move towards the big-eared goblin

-Posted with Wayfinder


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

"Staying here. I'm NOT going out at night." He then pays for the room and board fees.

Sovereign Court

game master

in game it is about 8:00, the sun is setting, and this area is known for having creatures wander around outside town.
A silver a night says Beor.


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

Tindertwig squeaks as he scampers away.

Gyro! Wees be goings on a mission!


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

Zimul passes Belor the silver piece for room and board.

Sovereign Court

game master

Beor takes the silver and nods. Plesure

okay ill give you some time to do some checks and such for crafting or some knowledge to see what you know about the town. other than that i'll fast-forward to tomorrow

Mysterious roll: 2d10 ⇒ (7, 4) = 11


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

Meg will continue to experiment with the apple, wanting to uncover its secrets. He will attempt to use it to reflavour one of his potions.

Alchemy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 I am going to attempt to make the CLW potion I have already made into an apple flavoured one

Sovereign Court

game master

@Meg, your attempts to discover any secrets from the apples seem useless, besides making a nice juice.

The night passes without event, but in the morning you notice that some things have been moved around. Windows are open, doors are ajar, and your suplies look rummaged trough, but nothing is missing.

Beor has cooked some oatmeal and offers you all bowls. here you go, have a nice day...


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

Meg looks at Boer, accepting the bowl of oatmeal. "This is the same as porridge? Is everyone else still asleep?

Sovereign Court

game master

Beor smiles at Meg and awnsers Yep, only it uses oat instead of wheat. Gyro is always awake, he should be down at his hut, where he has all his supplies for smithing

As you eat the oatmeal, you notice that there are little bits of apple in the meal.


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

Tindertwig--excitedly--rushes to the workshop. slamming face first into the door, the little goblin bounces off the sturdy oak door, falling on his backside with a Riippit! coming from Dirtbag.

With hardly a notice, Tindertwig jumps to his feet (Rippit!) and races around the back.

Gyro! Wees gots to pack!

Slowing down at the back door, the (suddenly) cautious goblin turns the handle. Opening the door, he rushes in and begins loudly packing his gear.


Medium Male Humanoid (Orc) | Fighter 2 | Theme Song

Goldoth comes out to the bar area before Alitas has awoken, and takes a seat at the bar. He gives a great stretch and a yawn, but otherwise says nothing. Wasn't sure if Beor would offer an orc oatmeal.


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

"Right people, who's up for the investigation at Gezet?" He waits for the rest of the party to join him before he heads off.


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

Meg finished up his oatmeal, packing the rest of his items back into his bag he looks up to Zim.

"I am ready when you are, your Orc compatriot is coming with us?


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

The happy sounds of pots clanging, chains clinking, and buckles banging carries through the early morning air. A faint singing voice invades the ears of those inside the tavern.

Stomp yer feet, stretch yer bones; air yer pits, blow yer nose; kill the dogs, fire the mares; laugh with glee, burp like toads!

Ripppittt!, comes the chorus.

Shambling along the road, obviously heading to the tavern, is the little goblin. A broad smiles stretches his face out as wide as his big ears. His squeaky voice shrills through the thin air.

Goods sun's up! Tindertwig and Dirtbag repoerteds fer dute!

Rippit, come an agreement from the toad perched on his head.


Male Elf Bard 1

Alitas staggers into the common area, clearly only partially awake, but still with absolutely pristine hair and clothing.

He looks down at the oatmeal, clearly used to something slightly better. "Goldoth, have you eaten yet?"


Medium Male Humanoid (Orc) | Fighter 2 | Theme Song

Goldoth looks up at Alitas and shakes his head.


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

Alitas's question to Goldoth reminds Zimul about his rumbling stomach. He orders a bowl of oatmeal porridge for his breakfast.


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

Noisily busting through he tavern door, the little goblin stops as he looks at the group eating breakfast.

Dropping his mass of gear onto the common room floor, he quickly scrambles up and onto a stool along side the others.

Breakfast bees da mostest meal of the days!

Rippit!, comes Dirtbag's agreement (with a nod).

Sovereign Court

game master

Gyro is on autopilot right now,
Once everyone is ready, you make your way to Gezet's house. A gaurd is standing at the door, he greets you and stands aside. the lieutenant said some adventurers would be by. he unbars the door and lets you inside.

The house is dusty, but undisturbed. It seems no-one has been here for a while. It is sparsely furnished. The only things in the living area are a table and a few chairs. The kitchen isn't much better. Most of the food is gone or rotting. There is a half finished chair and some tools sitting in the bedroom...


Male Goblin & Lucky Toad Ranger [Trapper] 1 Ac 20(18 w/o shield) Hp 12/10 Init +7 Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 Perception +11(+3 traps)

Tindertwig hold up his dirty hand as the guard opens the door.

Mees good at findings stuffs.

The little goblin begins to peer around before stepping inside.
He has a serious, concentrated look on his normally smiling face.

Wees no wants to be caught in a trap!

He slowly places a foot down inside the door (both eyes shut).

After a second (opens eyes), Tindertwig places a second foot inside.

He then notices the food on the table and promptly goes over to the table, climbs onto it and begins eating.

Rriippit!, comes a frustrated croak.


M Male CN Cleric (Bacchus) 3 | HP 25/25 AC: 16 (11Tch, 15Fl) | CMB: +1; CMD: 12| F:+ 5, R: +3, W: +7; | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 4/4| Spells: 2nd 3/3 | Channels 7/7 Active conditions:

Zimul looks for tracks around the house thay were not made by the party.

Take 10 for 13 survival

Sovereign Court

game master

There is dust over the floor, and it seems like much of the house hasn't been entered in at least a week... so you find it strange that dust covers the floors. There are footprints in the bedroom, they circle around and move back and forth from the bed and the unfinished chair.


crunch:
Elf Alchemist; HP 12/12 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +2 | Ref +6 | Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8
Per Day:
Bombs 6/6 Extract 1st 3/3

Meg follows about 4 feet behind Zim, looking around as they go.

"Lots of dust, we by an open field?"

perception taking 10: 10 + 7 = 17

Sovereign Court

game master

The house is near the southern edge of town... there are a few trees around...

You notice a strange pattern in the dust. There seems to be a small void near the bed, close to the back wall. Under the dust there is a handle, you've found a trap door, when you open it, there is a ladder leading down to a dark, dirt-walled tunnel...

51 to 100 of 621 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The story begins! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.