DM Sothal's Kingmaker PBP

Game Master Franz Lunzer


1,151 to 1,200 of 2,500 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

I'm a little confused, but how did the centipede attack twice? First Kardok and then me?

Agerron yells in pain as the thing bites into him.

fort 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

He feels the venom course through him, slowing his reflexes.

Dex 1d4 ⇒ 2

Still, he pulls his spear back out of the creature and thrusts it back in.

attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
damage 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Majet should be able to target one of the rear squares of the centipede, couldn't she?

Big Ern grabs a javelin and tosses it casually at the insect.

into melee, possibly with cover: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 4 = 141d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Gamemaster

Branomonrik brings up his light crossbow, but has no easy way of targetting the monster behind Queslin and Agerron, but does his best:
light crossbow 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 1 - 4 = 17 damage 1d8 ⇒ 3
concealment miss chance (10%): 1d100 ⇒ 82
critical confirmation 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 1 - 4 = 14 damage 1d8 ⇒ 2

Firing his weapon at just the right moment, the bolt flies in the open maw of the beast, sticking in it's throat of sorts.

Majet makes her crossbow ready, a bomb in the other hand, waiting for an opportunity to make use of one or the other. delay

Big Ern's javelin throw isn't aimed good enough and get's tangled in the roots hanging from the low ceiling, without hitting the monster.

Michael takes a step away from the darkness of the tunnel he guards, into the illumination of the dancing lights in the room they are in. Quickly looking over his shoulder, he still sees no spot he could attack, so he keeps his attention to the tunnel.

Current map
Initiative: round 2 remainder
(Michael - readyed action)
(Majet - delayed action)
Agerron - 6 -
Xanda - 6 -
Queslin - 5 -
*Giant Whiptail Centipede - 4 -
Branomonrik - 2
---- Round 3
Big Ern - 16 -
*Kardok - 8 -


This Round:

Xanda reloads her x-bow, but takes time to move directly South, behind Branomonrik (?). Stepping into the space of one of the hanging (?) Kobold forms.

How obvious is Agerron's plight?


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

Queslin continues attacking with his sword.
Longsword: to hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Longsword: damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Gamemaster

Agerron's spear strikes the huge vermin again, punching a new hole in the armoring scales. His target seems pretty hurt now, shaking violently.

Xanda reloading her crossbow, and moving to a better viewing point of the attack, wonders how Agerron still holds himself up, blood dripping from his wounds, and the poison riddling his movements numb.
Nearly unconscious is pretty obvious

Queslin does as Agerron does, and thrusts his weapon into the flesh of the monster, opening another large gash in the side of the centipede, which was appearently enough to end it's live (or at least throw it into unconsciousness).

The centipedes limbs go numb and when at first it doesn't move anymore, only a second later it starts to back away again, but not like a living thing: It starts to slide backwards, then falling down a chasm it crawled out of in the beginning.

Having no centipede blocking the view, you take notice of the deep chasm in front of you, at the east end of the the room. The chasm is a few yards wide, and twice as deep, but thick ropes of tangled roots fill the entire area. On the other side of the chasm, there is another room, but the opening is blocked with a table.
Between the two ledges, numerous loops have been tied into the roots to serve as hand- and footholds.

Agerron: 5 more rounds of poison, 1 save needed to cure, Fort DC14, 1d4 Dex

new map
I made the centipede smaller, as it fell into the chasm, now lying about 40ft. below the level of the room you are now.
Also, the DM-Profile is updated with XP.


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

"At least now it's interesting." Queslin deadpans. He switches to his bow as he looks for a target to aim at behind the barricade.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

fort 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Agerron throws off the remainder of the poison's effects, and then tries to heal up his own wounds.

cure light wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

still down quite a bit ...


Big Ern saunters over to pick up his javelin and takes a curious peek into the chasm.

"Plenty deep," he opines sagely.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

I'll use my last 1st level spell of the day to cast another clw.

cure light wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

oh come on ... really??


Gamemaster

While Agerron helps himself by casting the cure spells, and Queslin changes his weapon to use the bow, not much happens on the other side of the chasm.

All you see is the small overturned table blocking your view. The table is mostly in the left half of the opening, leaving only a small gap on the right of it free. Small roots seem to pin it in the position it has now, but it could be reinforced on the other side as well.

From the room you are in comes another sound though: Kardok, lying on the ground seems to be unconscious, yet not dead.


Xanda moves over to check on the Kobold.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Seems the Dice gods dislike many. >_<


Gamemaster

Walking over to the Kobold Xanda misses to make out one root hanging from the ceiling and hits her head on it, causing all kinds of vermin to loose their grip and fall down on and around her, some of them even in the space between her neck and collar. All the insects now under her clothes start crawling on her skin.

Kardok is lying in his own blood on the ground of the room. The wound seems pretty bad, and in addition, there's the poison.


"Gah!" she exclaims, dropping her x-bow and immediately beginning to strip off her bug riddled clothes, while trying to shake the rest from her hair.

If I were a higher level Sorceress, I would "Resist Energy" and "Acid Splash" wash myself down! Ugh! Bugs! >_<

Poor lil' Kardok. Hope the little fellow stabilises while I get the bugs out of my character. :P


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

Noticing the kobold is still alive, but barely, Agerron goes over and tries to stabalize him. Distaste obvious on his face, he still tries his best ...

cast stabilize


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

"We need to move. They're going to circle us in." Queslin continues to search the barricade for any sign of movement.
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Gamemaster

Agerron's spell seems to help the small creature. The bleeding stops immediately, and it's breathing steadies as well, but the kobold keeps unconscious.

The eyes of the elf see better than a human's eyes would, yet still he doesn't catch any movement on the other side of the chasm.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2
DM Sothal wrote:

Agerron's spell seems to help the small creature. The bleeding stops immediately, and it's breathing steadies as well, but the kobold keeps unconscious.

The eyes of the elf see better than a human's eyes would, yet still he doesn't catch any movement on the other side of the chasm.

"He fought courageously, if stupidly. No one deserves to bleed out to death. Priest, I have no more healing spells left. Can you finish healing it's wounds?"


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

I'm a little lost. Wasn't there another way we could have gone a room or two back?
Queslin moves past the unconscious kobold without giving it any consideration. He goes back the way the group entered into this room.
"I'm going the other way. See if they're on the move.'


Gamemaster

I won't decide for Branomonrik here.
I'm going to link to a sideview of the Mite-lair, in hopes of clearing that up a bit Queslin.

Sideview Map
R1: Workshop
R2: Breedery (with the piles)
R3: Torture room (the one you are in now)
R4: Chasm (where the huge centipede came from)
R5: Unknown room (with baricade to the Chasm, Kardok told you it would be silent there)
R6: Unknown room (Kardok said to have seen a baricade and heard noise)


Big Ern leans against the wall and casually starts picking his nose. "So, O mighty generals, are we going to sit here all day trying to heal a suicidal kobold, or are we going to follow Leafy Joe?"

Did we lose Michael?


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

I'll be going back through R1 and R2 into R6.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Xanda continues to strip and dance and swat and jiggle!

"Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! Bugs!" She exclaims.


Gamemaster

While Xanda thrashes about herself, tearing her clothes off to get the vermins out, Queslin starts heading back to the other sides of the lair.

Michael looks around at the situation, unable to help the kobold. "Let's go get those freaks of nature..." he answers Big Ern's question, hefting his weapon and follows Queslin.

Meanwhile, many miles to the North, Devlin, his eidolon Delfey, Taras and Kay arrive back at Oleg's Trading Post, where they are hailed by Kesten Garess's men atop the wall.
Kesten and Oleg greet Devlin inside the former fort, where some more hunters can be seen.
"Welcome back! Erastil be praised for your healthy return, but where are your companions?" Kesten asks.


DM Sothal wrote:

Meanwhile, many miles to the North, Devlin, his eidolon Delfey, Taras and Kay arrive back at Oleg's Trading Post, where they are hailed by Kesten Garess's men atop the wall.

Kesten and Oleg greet Devlin inside the former fort, where some more hunters can be seen.
"Welcome back! Erastil be praised for your healthy return, but where are your companions?" Kesten asks.

"Good to see you again as well. The rest of the group has gone off to take care of the mite problem in the region. Has anything of note occurred while we've been away?"


Gamemaster

While Kesten nods to Devlin's answer, Oleg leads him on, speaking: "No bandit attacks, ain't much noteworthy in all. We got a bit o' business ta day, but I thin' you shoulda meet someone."
Oleg brings Devlin to an elderly human man (in his late fourties), sitting on his bed in the common housing you used in the first night as well.
His face is wrinkled, mostly around the eyes and on the brow. He sports a bold mustache and some stubbles on his cheeks. His hair is brown and short on the sides, but he has a big bald spot on top, that's covered with some thin, long, lonely strands.

Oleg calls on him when you come into the building: "Ho father Kavken! This 'ere be one o' ta man you're lookin' for. Devlin, this' father Jhod Kavken, priest o' Erastil."
While Oleg introduces you to the elderly man, you hear the voice of Svetlana calling for her man.
"Ah, ye gotta excuse me. Work's callin'." Oleg speaks, then leaves you.

Jhod looks you up and down before getting to his feet and offering you his hand in greeting.
"Nithe to meet you, Devlin." he says, "Tho you are one of thothe chartered to map the tho called Thtolen Landth?"
He obviously has a speech defect.


Big Ern saunters after the rest of the party (assuming Xanda, Agerron, et al. also follow).


Devlin shakes hands with Jhod and says, Greetings Father. Yes, I am part of a group chartered to explore these lands. What brings you to these parts?"


Gamemaster

"I gueth you might call it a duty to Old Deadeye, a thacred journey, of thortth.
The Order knowth of a temple further thouth, a lotht plath to pray to our God of hunting and farming.
We would very much like to redithcover that temple, for we know not truly where to find it."
Jhod speaks, while seating himself back on the bed.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

waiting to see if Branomonrik heals me an' the kobold...


bump


Big Ern wrote:
bump

yeah, what he said..


Gamemaster

I was waiting for Seeker/Branomonrik to post his decision to heal the Kobold or not, but I hear you won't want to wait any longer.
I'm going to presume he is using one or two channelings to heal you all a bit, wether he likes it or not.
Devlin: have you not seen my reply above?

Branomonrik gatheres all hurt companions around himself and looks to include the Kobold in the radius of positive energy he is about to release.
He speaks a small prayer and holds up his holy symbol, then a surge of positive energy washes over the gatered people.
1d6 ⇒ 1

Seeing that it had little effect on all of you, the dwarf continues with a bit of a longer prayer, speaking more intently, and repeating the channeling of positive energy:
1d6 ⇒ 1
Wow... talk about consistency... Looks like Bran is a long way from Abadar's influence. Or Abadar doesn't like to heal Kardok.

While Agerron and Big Ern are better off now, but not fully healed, Kardok is still lying on the ground, unconscious.

Queslin and Michael in the meantime come back to the chamber they were in already, with the piles of dirt and the fluid filled trenches.
They stand in complete darkness now though, having no lightsource. Often they hit their heads on roots hanging from the low ceiling, or stumble over the soft piles or into the shallow trenches.


F Gnome Alchamist 2

"Dont suppose anyone has a potion that they can use on him?" Majet indicates Kardok as she speaks


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

I have cookies, wine and cider, and pretty cloth, but no sunrods or torches. How did that happen?


...someone failed their Perception check...

"Interesting father. What else can you tell me about this lost temple? Why has it become 'lost'?"

Outside, Delfey is walking the walls, watching for anything worth noticing. Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

sorry I have not been up long, site was down the one time I was online yesterday. Storms kept me off line last night.

Branomnrik calls upon the power of Adabar, Seeing it has some effect, even if small he simply nods. "Adabar grants what one can pay for, It seems he has been given what he was deemed to have earned. He will live. " He hefts up his crossbow "If we do as well, I will see to his recovery" And fallows the others.


Gamemaster
Devlin Medvyed wrote:
"Interesting father. What else can you tell me about this lost temple? Why has it become 'lost'?"

"Well... How much do you know of the hithtory of thethe landth?" Jhod asks before going on to answer Devlin's question:

"In thort, it wathn't alwayth 'Thtolen'.
Taldor onthe attempted to occupy the region, but wathn't able to hold it againtht the wilderneth itthelf.
When the Taldan colonithtth gave up, they abandoned the temple ath well and thuth it wath lotht.
All we know now ith, that the temple mutht be thomewhere in the Narlmarcheth, eatht of here."

I stated 'south' previously, but hadn't looked at the map at that time. East is more correct.

Devlin Medvyed wrote:
Outside, Delfey is walking the walls, watching for anything worth noticing.

While Devlin is still on the ground, Svetlana comes to the cart they brought along and notices the baskets of Moon Radishes standing on it.

Kay hands the baskets to her and Svetlana thanks him and Devlin joyfully, and says: "That's enough to make more than just one soup. I'll talk to Oleg later on to grant you the store credit I promised. And you are going to get a bit of the soup later on as well."
Whoever tallies the store credit: +400gp!


Xanda cleans herself up as best she can. Running a quick comb through her hair to get the worst if the mess/bugs out. Tearing a small edge off a robe to wipe herself and the worst of her clothes down. Then re-donning everything in such a way as to have the worst of the mess on the outside. At the moment fashion is not something she gives a hoot about.

She comes over to the circle and looks at Kardok.

"I shall carry him, if needs be." She offers quietly.

There should be enough room in a humans back-pack to carry a small creature? Yes.


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

Store credit added.
I don't think a human's backpack could carry a 'small' creature, but we have a pack horse that should be able to bear one.

"I prepared our traveling supplies and I did not think to pack any sources of light for myself. I don't suppose you had the foresight to bring a torch?"


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

Before following behind Michael and Ern, Agerron reaches into his pack, pulls out a sunrod, and ignites it. He hands it to Queslin and smirks as he readies his greatsword to go towards the barricade. "So, how do we take it down? I still don't think a frontal assault is the way to go here. We sould destroy the barricade from a distance. Don't either of you have a concoction they can use to remove it?" he asks Majet and Ern.

He looks at the kobold. "I don't think we should carry him now; he would still weigh us down. Can we hide him in some way to avoid his discovery until we return?"


"Well Father, when we find ourselves in the Narlmarches again, we'll be sure to keep our eyes open for your lost temple. Would you like to accompany myself and Delfey for a walk outside the walls? I haven't really had time to properly enjoy the views I'm certain there are to be seen here."


Gamemaster

Jhod Kavken looks up at Devlin then nods, slowly coming to his feet, his knees creaking.
"I'm not all to thure what you might want to look at, I haven't found anything that interethting ath of yet, but I think my boneth might enjoy the excerthithe."

------

The easiest solution to hide Kardok for the time being is to hide him in plain sight, weaving his limbs through the roots at the 'walls' of the chamber, which makes it look like he was one of the Kobolds having been tortured to death previously.
It's unlike that the unconscious Kobold will wake up for some time, so he hangs in his constrains much like the dead Kobolds around him.

Closing the distance to Queslin and Michael you now stand again in the stinking room, bringing light with you (Xanda's dancing lights). Some of the piles of dung are toppled over now, Michael and Queslin's trousers are stained with it.
In front of you is the hole leading down to the two (probably last) rooms Kardok described.
One of those (the western one) seems empty (at least you haven't heard anything or seen any movement in it so far), while the other is surely not, but baricaded with a table and things.

So, any plan to speak of?


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

Queslin will go down into the next room.


Xanda does not want to abandon the Kobold.

DM Sothal:
So, there is no way to cut or other wise work a back-pack into some sort of 'baby carriage'?

Elvish Queslin:
"I have an idea. You and the other's leave Kardok and myself here, the idea is to use us as bait, head off but keep an ear out for when the Mites try and attack me. That way we can lure them out from behind their defences."

Sorry for being so far behind. Real Life work getting the better of me. *Bows*


Devlin sets Delfey to unloading Xanda's cart as he figures the woman wouldn't mind him making use of it a little.

I don't recall, can a horse be hooked up to the cart?


One would hope so, other wise the cart might end up before the horse. :P Sorry, couldn't resist.


Gamemaster

Xanda: Well, I guess you could make do with the the clothes of the other Kobolds, work them into some sort of harness, but that will take some minutes.
Devlin: yeah, your horse pulled it to Oleg's.
Cart: This two-wheeled vehicle can be drawn by a single horse (or other beast of burden). It comes with a harness. (from the PRD)

Delfey is finished quickly with the task given, as there's not all too much loaded on the cart in the first place.
Walking around the trading post, Devlin notices the progress of changing season, snow ever melting, grass sprouting in patches and so on.
Southeast of the forts wall Svetlana seems to have made a fine patch of land into a garden of sorts. It's not much, the Levetons couldn't survive on the harvest gathered there, but it's a nice vegetable garden.

-----

Walking down the slope with the sunrod borrowed from Agerron, Queslin comes to the intersection Kardok described previously.
To his left (east) is the overturned table to baricade the room beyond from access.
From behind the table you hear whispered words
To his right (west) is a larger chamber, that ultimately leads to another overturned table, blocking the chamber's entry from the chasm. This larger chamber is devoid of life. Rows of wooden pegs line the earthen walls, some hung with tiny, filthy cloaks. A red-checked tablecloth lies tangled in a corner of the chamber.

Map for Queslin
This is Room R5 from the previous sideview-map.
The table and chairs pictured aren't there, but the tablecloth lies close to that point.


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

Queslin calls out. "You can still come out of this alive. We can still talk." He repeats the message in elven and goblinoid if he does not get a response.


*Nods* Agreed then. Xanda will take the time to make such a harness. *Bows*

1,151 to 1,200 of 2,500 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Sothal's Kingmaker PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.