DM Sothal's Kingmaker PBP

Game Master Franz Lunzer


301 to 350 of 2,500 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Michael draws his bow and scans the area, waiting for the boars to break cover before he attempts a shot and aware that the sound of combat may attract other predictors.

I will ready an action for the boar to close, the trigger actions being it breaks cover and is less than 100 feet away.


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Assuming she still has no idea about the Boars

Majet draws a bomb and waits for whatever everyone is attacking to emerge from the bushes.

Taking a ready action will blast it if it comes in sight range


Round 2 actions when it comes time for them.

Devlin rides forward 100 ft. towards the boar his eagle is attacking.

Eagle Attacks Attacking literally from above the boar if you allow it adds +1 to the attacks.
Talon 1 attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Talon 2 attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Bite attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Delfey charges as I thought he could before.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

Agerron spurs his horse closer, and hops off. He slings his bow back over his shoulder as he goes, getting ready to draw his spear and throw at whatever is up ahead.


Gamemaster

While others shoot their arrows into the underbrushes, Majet and Michael wait for the boars to leave the forest, before they attack. And so one does, grunting, squeaking, oinking it storms towards Queslin and Big Ern, the ones being closest.

The other one, the one having some arrows sticking in his hide and an eagle attacking it, turns his attention towards the summoned creature, snatching at it, but unable to catch the airborn animal.

The smaller boar being out in the open, Michael let's fly an arrow at the charging monster, hitting it.

Majet can't get a clear view on the boar, and being too far away for the bomb to throw, she can't really get in on the action.

The boar finishes its path directly in front of Lómion, Queslin's horse, and attacks with its tusks, hitting the horse, causing it to stumble and panic.9hp damage

That's the first round, second round starting.
Devlin, Queslin, Big Ern, Agerron: Ride check please, DC20. Else your horse flees. Same for everyone else who tries to close in on the boar.

Delfey charges the bleeding boar, tearing it open and leaves it dead lying on the ground.
The summoned eagle turns towards the other boar, close to Queslin, swooping at that, but not hitting it.

Map


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Majet goads her riding dog to get closer to the surviving Boar

Do I have to take a rid check If I'm not charging the boar or is it if you are going near it in general?


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

Queslin attempts to keep command of Lomion after the boar attack.
Ride 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

He then fires an arrow at the angered pecary
Longbow 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Oops...I forgot the armor check penalty to my previous Ride check (still thinking in 3.5 mode, I guess). There's no way that Big Ern could possibly succeed on a DC 20 check.

Big Ern hollers at his fleeing horse: "You stupid piece of s@@#! You're afraid of a few piglets?! Damn you, I'll handle 'em myself! I knew there was a reason I didn't trust horses."

He dismounts at the earliest opportunity and puts his bow away.


Devlin wasn't moving towards the boars with the objective of getting to close to them, just getting closer so he could see better, and be in range if given the chance to fire off an acid splash.

Ride: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 any benefit if all Devlin does is control his mount for the round?


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

ride 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18

EDIT: Damn; waste of a 20. As Big Ern said, I couldn't succeed with the armor check penalty. All that trouble over keeping a horse too! :-)


Gamemaster

Majet: Your riding dog is combat trained, so no need for a ride check there.

Riding up to the front, Majet is able to find a place for her to get a bomb thrown rather safely, if someone can say so for a bomb.
The gnome doesn't target the boar itself, for possibly hurting a horse or Queslin, who's nearby, but the ground next to the animal.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 2 = 13 damage: 5 splash

Queslin is able to keep his horse under control, but has to use both of his hands in doing so, therefore he's unable to fire his bow.

Big Ern get's thrown off his horse, having it rear up under him. He lands on his ass in the snow, but is unharmed. That was an unelegant dismount.
His horse takes a run away from the place.

I didn't know your intentions for Devlin from the previous post, but as it happens, he's just within 30ft. of the boar. Exactly the range of the spell.
Failure on the DC20 ride check means, you keep in the saddle, but do nothing else but control the horse. (as per Mounted Combat rules, pg. 201)

Devlin's and Agerron's horse are opposed to the idea to get closer to the boar-fighting so they have to work hard on their horses to have them do so.

Matius, Branomonrik, Michael still to go in round 2.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

sorry didn't update

Branomonrik reloads his crossbow and not really much of a rider seats still as he fires at the boar

ATT 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 5


Michael spends the round dismounting and tying his horse off to a branch, he chuckles to him self at the comedy show the others are putting on.

"thanks boss," he says to the sky as Big Ern's horse bucks him off.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

Agerron continues to try and calm his horse. "Damn this beast!" he cries.


Gamemaster

While Branomonrik fires a bolt in the general direction of the boar, but not hitting it, Michael dismounts and Matius races after Big Ern's horse, catching it before it is too far away.

The boar all the while attacks Queslin's horse, biting at it with his tusks, but missing.

Start of round 3

Agerron has a bit of luck with calming his horse, it doesn't want to get any closer to the boar, but at least it doesn't try to flee for now.
It's just shaken now, no longer freightened.

Map


With his horse tied off, Michael starts to jog in the direction of the boar, drawing his axe as he goes.

Double move directly south, puts me near to Majet.


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Majet throws another bomb at the boar again trying to avoid hitting horses or riders

1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 2 = 13

Damage

5 splash


Eagle full attack on boar and 5 ft. movement to the west.
Talon 1 - attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14; damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Talon 2 - attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18; damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Bite - attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20; damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Delfey charges the boar
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9; damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Devlin casts acid splash on the boar
Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12; damage 1d3 ⇒ 3


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

Queslin dismounts from Lomion, making sure to put at least a little distance between himself and the boar, then fires off an arrow.

Ride check to fast dismount 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
5'step away from boar
Longbow 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 includes PB Shot.
Confirm Crit 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Damage 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (4, 3) + 6 = 13


Big Ern hoists himself to his feet and draws his greataxe. "Keep him busy, but leave some for me!"


Male Human Rogue 1st

Matius pats the snout of the horse."Easy boy, this will be over in a jiffy." With that he takes a few steps away and raises his crossbow.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

1d8 ⇒ 6


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

Agerron moves his mount far enough back to try and calm it enough so that he can dismount and secure it to a tree.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

Branomorik reloads his crossbow and tries again

Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 5


Gamemaster

Michaels heavy armor and shield and battleaxe slow him down heavily. Without them, he would be able to just about close the distance to the boar, but as it is he only gets as far as to Majets spot.

The gnome throws another bomb close to the boars place, hitting the animal with the shards of the explosion.

Luckily the summoned eagle was just about to swoop down on the attacker when the bomb exploded and didn't get hit with the shards. The boar, irritated by the flames and debris, is easy prey to the flying hunter, clawing and biting into it's hide.
Delfey charges over to the wild animals place, but is unable to hit it.
Devlin still has a freightened horse under his saddle, being so close to the combat with the boar.
Ride DC5 to keep the horse from running while casting acid splash

Queslin dismounts by jumping of his horse, which tries to use the opportunity to flee, leaving it open to another attack from the boar:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22, 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Hitting the horse with its tusks, Lomion drops to the ground, heavily wounded, bleeding, unconscious, but not dead yet.

Queslin's arrow finally puts an end to the wild animals life. The masterly shot from a close distance goes through the boars eye-socket down to it's heart, piercing it.


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

Queslin hurries to help his steed.
Heal 1d20 ⇒ 17


Gamemaster

Lóminon stabilizes at -6hp.


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

"I am so very sorry, friend. my carelessness caused you this hurt." Queslin dotes over Lominion.


"What the --?" Big Ern looks around disappointed now that he finally has his axe out. "I guess there's nothing left for me but the butchering and barbecuing."

Turning to Devlin, he nods approvingly. "That was some mighty fine magic you were tossing around, Li'l Devil. I'm glad you're on our side. Chopping up a dozen eagles sounds like a real pain in the ass."


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

"Branomonrik, do you think you could... help?"


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

"Yes, of coarse, " He says dismounting and walking toward the steed. Kneeling before the mount he chants "Mighty Adabr, heal this animals wounds, who was injured while in battle with the untamed wild" He says as healing pours from his hand

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d6 ⇒ 2

Gave up entropic shield, and throw in a channel


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

Queslin is visibly moved. "Thank you."


Michael moves over to the downed mount to see what aid he can give and to check everyone else is well.

"They breed those boars tough out here in the wilds don't they?" he asks no one in particular.


Big Ern licks his lips. "So, do you want to get the fire started or should I? It's LUNCH TIME!!"


"This may come as a surprise, but I agree with Ern. We should at least take one or both of the boars for food if we don't cook them up now."

Later on, while we're eating boar. Devlin says somewhat quietly to Michael while all are sitting around eating, "So, tell me about this deity of yours."


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

Agerron ties his mount off to a tree, and practically fumes as he comes near the group. "Damned beast! These outlaws have no skill with animals; my people would never have used a mount like that. To panic at the first sign of a common boar! Unbelievable!"

He begins looking around for dead, fallen trees and small sticks for kindling. "I admit, though, a nice roasted boar sounds wonderful. Someone help me get the fire ready."


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

As the boars are field dressed Branomonrik bows his head "We think you mighty Adabar for the skill of these men in preparing this animal and for the cooked meat of this beast."


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

Can I prepare one of them to be taken with us?
Queslin wants to continue on, but a quick glance at his horse convinces him that some rest would be good right now. The barbecue might be an opportunity for the group to bond.
"Those kobolds mentioned radishes yesterday. I'm going to forage for some and have a look around while at it. We still may not be safe."

Survival 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Majet's head snaps round at the mention of radishes.

"Mind if I come along and help?" she asks


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

"Of course not. A bit of company would be welcome."


Gamemaster

The near surrounding of the place where the combat took place looks save enough, no more boars, no more kobolds.
There are, however, a large many of game trails (in many directions) and one trail of horses (leading southwest, deeper into the forest).

No signs of radishes though.


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

Do we find other vegetables or tubers to add to the barbecue.


Gamemaster

You find some wild berries and early tubers (edible). Not much, but it will flavour the boar.


Big Ern helps with any cooking, and he certainly helps with any eating. After that, he's raring to get back on the trail of the bandits (although he remains suspicious of his horse, the filthy coward).


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

As the others start to cook, Barnomonrik sets out setting up and orderly camp, and makes a suggestion of sentry's as "Smoke and the smell of roasted boar may bring use company we do not want!"

As they eat he tries to sit next to Agerron and Queslin, trying to get a feel for them as he has a feeling he may be more liked minded then the rest Heh, more like minded with an ELF! he thinks to himself snorting with laughter at the thought. "So, lads You seem to have good heads on ya shoulders. I like someone who knows what needs doing and does not filch away like squeamish children. If Adabar's blessing is to take root in this place I think that is what it will take. Don't you agree?" He says


Branomonrik Assia wrote:
As the others start to cook, Barnomonrik sets out setting up and orderly camp, and makes a suggestion of sentry's as "Smoke and the smell of roasted boar may bring use company we do not want!"

"Listen, Beardo -- if those friggin' bandits haven't figured out that something's wrong after waiting two days for their boys to come back, a little smoke ain't gonna clue them in either. And a man's gotta eat, you know!"

Big Ern grabs his enormous belly to emphasize how starved for nutrition he is.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

Agerron responds to the dwarf, "I'm no follower of the god of civilization, you understand. But I know that in battle, squemishness gets men killed and loses the day." He thinks for a moment, chewing on a tasty piece of meat. "I think we have a natural fit, together, though. I will lead the war to take the wildlands back from whatever scum and monsters have overrun it, and then you can work to establish the cities. A natural harmony, I think!"


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

Nodding at the large humans words Branomonrik chews a bit on his boar before replying "Aye, war is not much a way of civilization. Although it does enhance war as it does most things. And yes, the removal of bandit scum is a holy task, one Adabar has seen fit to set before me. And you as well. You may not pray to him, but you do his work in this. A natural fit indeed. Besides we need civilization for a decent ale!" He says with a grin.


Gamemaster

Looks like a bit of a dead end... Gonna push it a little.

Having the boars skinned and gutted, and after preparing one of them for dinner and the other for keeping, a bit of conversation spurs.
The group get's to know each other a bit more, hearing their believes.

Cooking the boar-meat over a bit of fire, using wood from the nearby forest, it is rather cozy, the trees shielding you from the wind, the fire spending warmth against the temperatures close to freezing.

But soon it needs to be decided, whether the trail of the bandits will be followed some more hours, as long as the daylight is suitable, or if you set camp for the day, letting the injured horse rest and regain strength.

301 to 350 of 2,500 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Sothal's Kingmaker PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.