DM Sothal's Kingmaker PBP

Game Master Franz Lunzer


1,301 to 1,350 of 2,500 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>

Devlin Craft (untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Delfey Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Devlin Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 1


Gamemaster

While Devlin would more often then not run of in the wrong direction, like a dog trailing its own tail, the summoner's eidolon quickly brings him back on track.
Taras helps you out most of the time, stating the obviously false 'I thought we need to go there too' and 'this trees look all the same'.
At the end of the day, your map is pretty nice, marking small rivulets and some gametrails.

The small group heads back eastward for two hours, as long as the day gives light, then set's up camp at the edge of the forest, next to the edge of the drawn map.
So much for Pharast 12th.
Any special preperations for the night?


Nothing special, just planning for 6 hours of guard duty each. First thing Devlin does when he wakes up is recall Delfey, and then spends the next hour meditating while Delfey keeps watch. Then we're both on duty until it's time to wake Taras. Cool?


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

Although loathing the heal the beasts, Branomonrik feels his has little option and releases his gods healing might

Gonna channel both rounds

rnd 9 1d6 ⇒ 1
rnd 10 1d6 ⇒ 5


Big Ern is still foaming at the mouth, cursing and writhing on the floor as he waits for the mites to act.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

Agerron soaks up the dwarf's healing, but cringes at the fact that their enemies are also benefitting.

Can I step over Ern to take his spot and engage the bugs?


Gamemaster

Sorry for not being online over the weekends

Branomonrik channels the might of Abadar into a surge of positive energy, healing all around him, friends and foes alike.

Agerron: you might. I'd take the squeezing rules there, you and Big E would take a –4 penalty on attack rolls and a –4 penalty to AC, on top of the penalties you already have on you.
I will not make that decission for you.

Round 9: current map
19 - Agerron
16 - Mites
15 - Queslin
14 - Xanda
12 - Big Ern - prone
11 - Centipede
10 - Tick
Round 10:
21 - Michael
20 - Majet
20 - Branomonrik

---------------------------

Devlin: yeah. No problem there. Let's have some perception rolls please.


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

Queslin takes a shot at the centipede (or tick then mite).

Composite Longbow: to hit 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 2 - 2 + 1 = 19 no room, bane, PBShot
Composite Longbow: damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Delfey Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Devlin Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 17


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

No, I'll hold my action. If Ern gets unconscious again, Agerron will grab hold and drag him away from the front lines.


Gamemaster

Agerron keeps a keen eye on what happens to Big Ern, awaiting to have to drag him out of danger.

The Mites stab at Michael again, trying desperately to hurt him any way possible:
Mite23 against Michael 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1 damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Mite19 against Michael 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14 damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

The paladin's armor is impenetrable to them though.

Queslin shoots his arrow between Agerron and Michael over the lying Big Ern at the centipede, hitting it despite all the obstacles, bringing it to unconsciousness.

Xanda tries to accomplish the same with her crossbow and the Tick as target:
crossbow (into melee) 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (19) - 4 = 15 damage 1d8 ⇒ 6
that would be a critical threat, but is no hit.

Her aim would be true, were the tick not able to hide behind Michael in the last second.

Round 9 remaining: current map
(ready) - Agerron
12 - Big Ern - prone
11 - Centipede
10 - Tick
Round 10:
21 - Michael
20 - Majet
20 - Branomonrik
16 - Mites
15 - Queslin
14 - Xanda

------------------------

While Devlin and Delfey hold their watch, in the early hours of the day, the campfire suddenly goes out, and thick smoke billows out of the fireplace. The smoke lets you gag and choke, burns in your eyes.
Taras having slept close to the fire, startles awake, coughing, stumbling blindly away from the smoke.
All sight, even darkvision, is ineffective in or through the cloud. All within the cloud take –4 penalties to Strength and Dexterity (Fort DC14 negates).


Big Ern keeps raging and cursing and awkwardly chops again from the floor.

1d20 + 6 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 - 4 = 81d12 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Gamemaster

The swing from the ground is falsly angled again, doesn't hit the targeted Tick.

The monstrous vermin still standing doesn't let the big man get away, biteing at him once again:
bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 damage 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Big Ern takes another hit from the mandibles of the Tick, falling into unconsciousness again.
now at -11hp, with the temporary hp from the rage gone

Agerron does what he anticipated, draging the unconscious man away from the danger.

Michael shields them from any attacks until Big Ern is out of reach of the tick, then the paladin swings his axe at the monster again, hoping to get through the thick hide of it for once:
battleaxe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
This time the battleaxe leaves a gushing wound, and the tick for a second looses it's balance. It comes up to stand against Michael again, but it seems to be pretty close to death now.

Round 10: current map
20 - Majet
20 - Branomonrik
16 - Mites
15 - Queslin
14 - Xanda
12 - Big Ern - dying, -11hp/-14hp
10 - Tick
09 - Agerron
Round 11:
21 - Michael


Devlin Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Delfey Fort save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Devlin Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Devlin and Delfey stumble their way out of the smoke cloud, Devlin trying to figure out if some sort of magical effect caused it.


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Majet takes this oppertunity to climb onto Big ern's unconcious body giving her a perfect vantage point to thriw a bomb (Aiming for the square behind the dead centipede

Attack

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Damage

1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7(5 splash)


Big Ern looks remarkably peaceful in his comatose state.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

Agerron uses stabilize on the big man, then takes his place against the bugs.


Gamemaster

Big Ern's belly makes for a comfy sitting place for Majet, and her thrown bomb easily strikes the spot she sought out. The firey blast of the bomb is enough to take out the Tick.

Branomonrik takes a quick look of the situation and decides to rather not help the Monsters some more and instead loose a prepared spell in favor of healing Big Ern: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
I think Bran has just one more channel left, no 1st level spells anymore now.

The remaining Mites flood around the corpses of the monstrous vermins, for one last desperate attack in masses:
Mite24 against Michael 1d20 ⇒ 5 damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Mite23 against Michael 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18 damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
confirmation 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19 damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Mite20 against Michael 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Mite19 against Michael 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15 damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Facing four of the small fey, Michael misses one attack, and gets the small dagger rammed right under his chainmail armor, leaving a small but deep wound.

Round 10 remaining: current map
(I had to move the medium vermins a bit, as the icons would only lie over the Mite-icons, and you wouldn't see them then.)
15 - Queslin
14 - Xanda
12 - Big Ern - stable, -2hp
10 - Tick
09 - Agerron
Round 11:
21 - Michael
20 - Majet
20 - Branomonrik
16 - Mites (4 plus leader left)


Seeing the rabble of Mites surge forwards, Xanda abandons her x-bow in favor of just throwing her spells and drawing her curved blade.

Acid Splash Att:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18

Acid Damage:1d3 ⇒ 1

An' I be back wi' a new 'puter! (^_^) Now t' get at all'a lost info an' stuffs...-_- Much cheers t' ye an' all'a yours! Here's t' ADVENTUERE! (^_^)


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

Queslin switches back to his sword, taking the time to put away his bow.


Gamemaster

While Queslin puts his bow over his shoulder again and draws his sword, Xanda lets her crossbow fall to the floor, conjuring a globe of acid, streaking at one of the Mites. It hits the small fey, but doesn't hurt him enough to drop him. Xanda then draws her blade like Queslin did.

Round 10 remaining: current map
09 - Agerron
Round 11:
21 - Michael
20 - Majet
20 - Branomonrik
16 - Mites (4 plus leader left)
15 - Queslin
14 - Xanda
12 - Big Ern - stable, -2hp


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

With his spells nearly gone Branomonrik takes aim at one of the Mites

Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 4

Then Pulls his warhammer from his belt.

If he can not get a clear shot, he pulls his hammer and moves forward.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

Agerron, still feeling the effects of the mites magic, swings away with his sword at the closest mite.

attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
damage 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 4) + 7 = 15


DM Sothal: Do I need to roll anything else at the moment?


Gamemaster

Even though the Mite close to Agerron is lying on the floor, still reeling from previous attacks, the human misses, his sword scraping on the low ceiling, bringing down some roots, loose earth and a multitude of tiny vermins.

Michael has some more space to bring his battleaxe swinging, now that the Tick is defeated. He takes on the one unhurt Mite standing close to him:
battleaxe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Eventually he is accustomed to the surroundings and his swing hits the Mite, sending it to the ground.

Branomonrik shoots one bolt at another Mite, hitting it in the stomache, droping it as well.

Round 11 remaining, current map
20 - Majet
16 - Mites (2 plus leader left)
15 - Queslin
14 - Xanda
12 - Big Ern - stable, -2hp
09 - Agerron
Round 12:
21 - Michael
20 - Branomonrik

------------------------

While Defley is affected heavily by the choking smoke, Devlin shakes it's effects off easily.
His previous experiences tell him that this is most definately a spell, but he can't identify it.
Taras seems to be lost in the smoke, you can't make out where he is.


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

Queslin targets a mite.

Composite Longbow: to hit 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 - 4 - 2 - 2 = 12 PBShot, no room, bane, fire into melee
Composite Longbow: damage 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Majet moves round to get a better view and throws a bomb aiming behind the mites hoping to get them in the blast

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Damage

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 (5 splash)


Gamemaster

Majet's bomb covers all three of the remaining Mites, but only two of them drop to the floor of the chamber, while the leader dodges most of the blow.

Robbed of any reinforcement, the Mites leader comes up to Majet looking infuriated when he attacks with his short sword, striking a serious wound on the gnomes right shoulder 6hp.

Queslin lets loose an arrow at the leader, but curcumstances are against him this time.

Round 11 remaining, current map
14 - Xanda
12 - Big Ern - stable, -2hp
09 - Agerron
Round 12:
21 - Michael
20 - Branomonrik
20 - Majet
16 - Mite leader
15 - Queslin


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

Agerron is close to enraged at the lack of effectiveness in the small quarters, and continues swinging away.

attack 1d20 + 5 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 2 - 2 = 20
damage 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 4) + 7 = 14

crit confirm 1d20 + 5 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 2 - 2 = 19
damage 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 3) + 7 = 16


...gurgle...

Not surprisingly, Big Ern seems much more pleasant this way.


Having made his way out of the ash cloud, Devlin looks around again to see if he notices anything.

Perception check: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Meanwhile, Delfey falls to his knees and attempts to catch his breath and clear his vision.


Xanda snarls as she summons and flings another glob of acid at the little blue monster.

Ranged Touch Att:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Acid Dam:1d3 ⇒ 2


Gamemaster

Sorry for the lack of updates... the 'puter caught a worm or something and I had to reinstall the system. Didn't loose any data, luckily, but lost some hours of time working to get it up and running in old fashion again. Also, one more security software.

Xanda conjures another acid splash, but the Mite-leader is nimble enough to dodge out of it's way.

Agerron clobers away at one of the Mites that lie disabled on the ground next to him, leaving not much more than a pulp of meat and blood.

Michael steps a bit to the side, making room for one more to fight the leader, while swinging his battleaxe with his movement as well:
battleaxe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Again the paladin's aim is off, he doesn't hit the small creature.

Round 12, current map
20 - Branomonrik
20 - Majet
16 - Mite leader
15 - Queslin
14 - Xanda
12 - Big Ern - stable, -2hp
09 - Agerron
Round 13:
21 - Michael

------------------

With the light of the fire gone, Devlin doesn't make out much, in the darkness of the night. He only hears Taras coughing and wheezing, rolling around on the ground somewhere within the smoke-cloud.
Delfey starts to feel better slowly, his strength and dexterity coming back to him with every breath of fresh air.
The cloud still billows, but with not much wind blowing, it mostly stays centered on the campingspot the small group set up.


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Majet attempts to move away from the angry mite (dont think I can 5 foot step or withdraw so........)

Acrobatics

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Devlin mutters a few words and the head of his morningstar lights up. Light spell on the head of his morningstar and another Perception check 1d20 ⇒ 1


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

Branomonrik drawls his hammer and moves next to Michal to Aid the paladin if need be.


Gamemaster

The dwarf steps up next to the Mite bringing his warhammer around, aimed at the small fey:
warhammer 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4 damage 1d8 ⇒ 3
Steping on one of the fallen Mites Branomonrik has uneven footing and stumbles slightly, making his swing a miss, while keeping himself upright.

Next to the cleric, Majet seems a bit freightened and starts backing up away from the Mite leader.

The Mite-leader doesn't follow the gnome but instead focuses his anger at the now closeby standing dwarf, looking with just as much hatred at his new target as he has towards Majet, striking at him with his short sword, hitting Bran just over the hip 3hp.

Round 12 remaining, current map
15 - Queslin
14 - Xanda
12 - Big Ern - stable, -2hp
09 - Agerron
Round 13:
21 - Michael
20 - Branomonrik
20 - Majet
16 - Mite leader

----------------------

The sudden light of the spell blinds Devlin just like the smoke did before, but it leaves spots in his vision, and now he thinks to see shadows moving in the perimeter of the camp.
Blinking to get those images out, he takes a moment to clear his view, during which the smoke vanishes into nothingness. Taras still breaths and coughs heavily not far from the fireplace. The man has had luck to not stumble into the remains of the fire blindly.
With the cloud gone, both Taras and Delfey regain their health within half a minute, with no lingering ill effects.
Wis-check DC 10:

Spoiler:
This was likely a prank of the grig and its companion, you encountered before.


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

Composite Longbow: to hit 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 2 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 - 2 - 2 - 4 = 15 PBShot, no room, bane, fire into melee

Composite Longbow: damage 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

Queslin fires again.


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Majet takes the oppertunity to drink one of her infusions

Cure light wounds

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

Since he can't reach the leader, Agerron will eliminate another one of the disabled mites near him.


Devlin Wis check vs. DC 10: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Devlin says...

Sylvan:
"Nice trick my little friends. Please, join us for a meal if you are hungry."

Then explains to Taras, "We encountered some fey on a previous trek in the area. I'm almost certain it was their work that caused our fire to go out and created the ash cloud. I just invited them to have breakfast with us."


"The little bugger's are as persistent as they are ugly!" Xanda swears, even as she summons and throws another glob of acid at the Mite doing all the damage.

Touch Att:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Acid Dam:1d3 ⇒ 2


Gamemaster

Queslin fires another arrow at the Mite, again missing due to the difficult conditions he has to overcome.

Xanda has it easier, this time not having a member of the party in the way between her and her target. Still she misses the small fey, but was ever so close to hitting this time.

Having his back to the other side of the battle, Agerron doesn't recognise the opportunity to step up to the Mites leader, and focuses on killing the disabled Mites close by.

Michael takes another step around the dangerous Mite, setting himself up to possibly flank with anyone helping him. He holds back on his swing for now, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.
ready action to attack as soon as someone is into position to flank

Round 13, current map
(readied action) - Michael (attack when flanking)
20 - Branomonrik
20 - Majet
16 - Mite leader
15 - Queslin
14 - Xanda
12 - Big Ern - stable, -2hp
09 - Agerron
doom ends for some now.

--------------------

Taras coughs some more to get the smoke out of his system, then answers: "Mischievous fey? And you invite them? Nice."
Just then is a faint laughing to be heard, and the sound of flapping wings, going off into the distance.
It's still some hours until morning dawns.


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

This fight is taking for-e-ver. What does it take to hit these things? Arrrrgh!


Thank the powers that be that these are Mites and not Pugwampis. You think these little vermin are bad? I would never wish Pugwampis even upon such an evil as the Whispering Tyrant! :P


Due to PaizoCon, I'll not be checking here for the next few days.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

Agerron will move his way into the fight with the leader. Think with all the bodies, that's all I can do ...


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

Branomonrik takes a swing at the mite in front of him

Attack 1d20 ⇒ 13
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 1

Great dwarven warrior he is not..maybe he needs more ale


Gamemaster

While Michael waits for someone to help him surround the Mites leader, Bran misses the Mite again.

Majet downs a potion of her own devicing, healing herself back up to full health.

The Mite leader swings at Branomonrik again, but this time the short sword doesn't penetrate the thick armor of the dwarf.

Queslin is unnerved by the duration of the fight, giving his anger voice and screaming out loud.

Round 13 remaining, map unchanged so far:
(readied action) - Michael (attack when flanking)
15 - Queslin
14 - Xanda
12 - Big Ern - stable, -2hp
09 - Agerron - engage leader
Round 14:
20 - Branomonrik
20 - Majet
16 - Mite leader

----------------------

@Devlin: Have fun, you!


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

Despite his frustration, Queslin continues firing at the mites.

Composite Longbow: to hit 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 2 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 - 2 - 2 - 4 = 19 PBShot, no room, bane, fire into melee
Composite Longbow: damage 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5 PBShot

1,301 to 1,350 of 2,500 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Sothal's Kingmaker PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.