DM Sothal's Kingmaker PBP

Game Master Franz Lunzer


101 to 150 of 2,500 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

"All right, we can hash out the details of the plan later. Stubby, don't forget that you still owe me a report on the healing properties of various flowers. You didn't think I forgot, didja?" Big Ern scolds, scratching himself absently.


F Gnome Alchamist 2

"Yes boss" Majet says with a sigh deciding that telling him she had given him it three days ago and he had promplty used it as a hankey wouldemt really do much good.


Gamemaster

Okay, some discussion of the plan, some preperations for the ambush... Anything else you want to do that day and night?
Also for people with spells/extracts/bombs/... to prepare, what will it be?

Svetlana thanks you again for the help against the bandits and while Oleg still seems to dislike you for some reason, he's better now that the bandits will be taken care off, supposedly.


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Majet will perpare a shield and a cure light for her infusions


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

I'll arrange silent signal to alert everyone of the bandits' approach. This is when everyone should go to their hiding places. Then another for when they are closer to make sure everyone is ready.


Ern will stick with his Enlarge Person extract.


Gamemaster

FastForward to the next morning:

1st day of Pharast, 4710AR (Oathday)

Few preperations have been made but the plan to get back at the bandits is sound. While Oleg and Svetlana do what they did the last two times, her hiding in the Main house, him awaiting the bandits in the open, the group of explorers sent from Restov positions themself around the post.

Queslin, up in the southeastern tower has a good view over the lands to the south, and not long after sunrise he makes out some shadows moving towards the former fort.
The elf's first guess at the number of bandits is about 9, but coming closer it gets clear that they are less. There are 5 bandits in total this time, and two extra horses.

Everyone is on his position, waiting for the bandits to ride into the trading post.
The explorers next to the gate (Majet, Matius and Branomonrik) can clearly hear the hooves of the horses coming close, as well as laughing from one of the bandits.

Finally the seven horses with their riders arrive, riding boldly on the post's market square. The hooded bandit shouts over to Oleg: "Greetings Oleg! I see you are ready for the collection of taxes?"

Surprise round for you. Branomonrik and Matius are busy closing the gate of the post, I suspect.
One of you please roll Initiative for your side.
Battlemap


1d20 ⇒ 19 init

Big Ern lobs a bomb at the two bandits standing next to each other.

target the grid intersection with two bandits and two horses surrounding it -- AC 5

1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 2 = 12, 4 splash dmg


Gamemaster

Oleg kept a straight face up until the dwarf and Matius started closing the Posts gate behind the bandits.
At the same time, Big Ern up on the stables roof throws a bomb close to two bandits and their horses.
It explodes, throwing up dirt and hurting the bandits and horses close by. Surprised screams mix with a loud "Ambush!" shouted from another bandit, but clearly they didn't expect someone to strike at them.

Surprise round still.
Big Ern threw a bomb, Bran and Matius are closing the gate.
Suspected actions: Devlin starts summoning the celestial eagle, Delfey will move into a position from where it can charge.
Michael wanted to throw a spear, but I doubt he'd do that with the bandit so close to the stable's door.
Majet, Agerron, Queslin?

Also: you won Initiative.


Male Human Rogue 1st

Sorry about the disappearing act guys, just trying to get some things in order this week for college. I'll try to give you a heads up next time.

Matius tries to close the gate hastily with the help of Bran. He then draws his rapier and prepares to attack." End of the Road Brigands." He calls out with a flick of his rapier. Trying to demoralize here.

Intimidate1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

I'll move along the palisade until I can take a shot.

Bow 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 includes Favored Enemy bonus.


As per the Surprise Round rules, Devlin has a standard action which he uses to use one of his summon monster I spell-like abilities, summoning an augmented celestial eagle, which acts immediately upon being summoned.

Devlin cast's summon monster I summoning forth an augmented celestial eagle and ordering it to attack the nearest bandit.

Sylvan

Spoiler:
"Delfey! Charge now!"

Surprise Round Actions:
Devlin summons.

Eagle's charge attack with bite against nearest bandit: Attack - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24; Damage - 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Delfey's charge attack against nearest bandit: Claw Attack - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Round 1 actions:
Devlin moves 20 ft. (5 ft. west and 15 ft. south) and cast's acid splash attacking the eastern bandit of the two hit by Ern's bomb: acid splash - ranged touch 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22; damage 1d3 ⇒ 3

Delfey full attack on same bandit he charged in surprise round: 2 claws - 1st 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23; 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4. 2nd 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10; 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4.

Eagle full attack on same bandit it charged: 1st talon - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11; 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4. 2nd talon - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15; 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3. Bite - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20; 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

Branomonrik closes the gate as fast as he can, dropping the bar in place sealing the bandits inside Time to do Adabar's work he thinks to himself as he lifts his crossbow

I am guessing gate closing is this rounds actions


Assuming the two bandits standing next to each other are still alive by the time he acts again, Big Ern lobs another bomb and then draws his greataxe.

target the grid intersection with two bandits and two horses surrounding it -- AC 5

1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 2 = 11, 4 splash dmg


Michael pears through the gaps in the door and seeing that the bandit is so close to the door, leaves the spear in place and goes for his sword (I am hoping I can do this move action before the surprise round starts)

He then kicks the door open standard action and 5' steps up to the bandit on the surprise round.

First full round he tries to slice the bandit a new orifice.

Battleaxe +4 (1d8+6 *3) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

A big fat miss.


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Majet will throw a bomb at the nearest bandit (+1 to hit/damage) if they are close

To hit
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Damage

1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Are these bombs panicking the horses? AmI in danger of getting trampled under hoof?


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

Agerron also decides to abandon any pretense of ranged attacks. Stepping out into the the courtyard and brandishing his sword, he yells to the closest bandit, "Prepare to face your death, cur!"

also attempting to demoralize

intimidate 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18


Michael the Bastard wrote:
Are these bombs panicking the horses? AmI in danger of getting trampled under hoof?

I assume the horses aren't crazy about the flame and noise. :-)


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

Ok my round 1 actions Branomonrik raises Abadar's symbol "Abadar's Bane upon thee bandits and parasites of civilization" He calls as the power of his god flows though him. Then lifts his crossbow to his shoulder.

Cast Bane DC 16 and readied his weapon for next round.


Gamemaster

Surprise round means standard or move action only... I will move actions that aren't covered by that in the first round of combat.
Matius: closing the gate takes up your actions in the surprise round. Moving the Intimidate in the first round.
Queslin: North or West? Moving uses your surprise round actions.
Devlin: Eagle's charge is okay, but Delfey can't charge from his position.
Bran: yeah, same as Matius, closing gate is all you do in surprise round.
Michael: yeah, those bombs are causing panic.
Majet: closest bandit is 30ft. away and behind soft cover. Still a hit though.
Agerron: demoralize works only on one target. I'm taking the closest bandit.

While Matius and Branomonrik are occupied closing the gate, Queslin moves into a firing position.
Devlin behind the main house brings forth an eagle out of thin air, and it swoops under the storage den's roof towards one of the bandits, clawing into the face, causing it to shriek and collapse to the ground.
Delfey moves around the corner of the main house, trying to get close to the bandits, but the tables and Oleg in the way it is unable to attack anyone.
Then the stable door bursts open and Michael enters the square, his battleaxe ready to swing at the closest bandit just before him.
Another bomb flies, this time from the palisade close to the gate, hitting another bandit in the chest, splashing the horses around him with fire, scorching them.
Agerron, steping out of the stable behind Michael shouting in the face of the bandit closest, causing him to get weak knees.

All of this gets the horses in the square nervous, close to a panic. For now they are to surprised to do much, but that won't hold out for much longer.
One of the five bandits is already on the ground, another got a pretty bad burn, and a third is hurt from splashed fire.
Also most of the horses got scorched.

That was the surprise round.

Having finished closing and barring the gates Matius calls out to the closest bandit, getting him to shake a bit in fear, in conjunction with his incineration.
Big Ern throws another bomb in the yard, taking out the bandit that was attacked by the eagle and getting the others around scorched a bit more.
Branomonriks bane cast on all the bandits affects them even more now.
Devlins acid splash hits the other bandit close to the storage den, causing him to break down as well, the second bandit dealt with.
That leaves the eagle with no bandit in striking distance. It flatters out from under the storage den, charging the bandit's leader, but missing the hooded figure.
Delfey jumps at the table trying to hit the banditleader with it's claws, but due to the target reacting to the eagle attack, it misses as well.
Michael swings his battleaxe towards the bandit in front of him, but misses the shaking figure.
Queslin finally found a position from where he could take a shot, and the arrow flies true, striking the banditleader in the lower backside, causing him to shout out in pain.

Agerron and Majet: your actions?


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Are all the remaining bandits engaged in melee combat


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

Sorry for not being clear. Queslin will move north along the palisade.


Gamemaster
Majet Greenhill wrote:
Are all the remaining bandits engaged in melee combat

Yes. Here's a new map.


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Majet will draw her crossbow and begin to head towards the stairs or ladder down.


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

Upon seeing the situation it becomes obvious that horses stampeding is a greater threat than the bandits. Queslin shoulders his bow, jumps down from the palisade, and runs to the horses. Once at the horses. He'll jump on a horse and try to calm them. He'll choose the 'lead' horse if he can.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 to jump down (if it is climb instead add 3 to the total)
Acrobatics 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 to jump onto a horse.
Ride 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Handle Animal 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

I realize that this is a lot to do. I'll continue it into the next round.


My round 2 actions.

Michael curses the nearest bandit, a flow of profanity coming from his mouth that would make a sailor blush, Yup, this is how I activate my smite!

He tries to carry out some of his threats whirling his battleaxe as best he can.
Battleaxe +6 (1d8+7 *3) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

+2 to hit and +1 damage included, if the bandit is not evil, remove those bonuses please.


Seeing that Rube and Scratches seem to have the situation well in hand, Big Ern jumps off the edge of the roof...

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 Acrobatics

...and bellows in pain as he sprains his ankle.

Big Ern takes 1d6 ⇒ 1 nonlethal dmg

Undeterred, he staggers towards the bandit leader, waving his axe and bellowing: "Hey, Numb-Nuts! Let's dance!"


Male Human Rogue 1st

Springing forward nimbly he does his best to avoid the panicked horses.
Acrobatics check just in-case1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"Keep numb-nuts alive, you big oaf!" He calls out to Ern as he levels his blade against the nearest bandit.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 2) + 3 = 11

Sneak attack extra dice included there, remove the second 6 if it isn't applicable.


Ern snorts in derision. "Screw that, Twinkle-Toes -- my job is to take 'em down, not bring 'em back up. Beardo can handle that part."


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

am I going before Michael and his smite attack? if so, I'll take the following action and hopefully let him save it...

After causing the bandit in front of him to go weak, Agerron takes a swing at him, using the flat of his blade. He's uncertain if the others will ease up on one, and as much as Agerron lenjoys bloodshed, he knows we need at least one alive.

attack (non-lethal) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 (1d20+5-4)
damage 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 3) + 7 = 11

EDIT: ok, a 5 followed by a 6 ... the dice roller really hates me so far


Gamemaster

Agerron and Majet in round 1:

While Agerron doesn't hit the bandit in front of him, Majet moves over to the ladder, about to head down from the palisade.

The horses and bandits finally catch up with the events and react to the threats around them. The large animals whicker, start stomping and rearing up, kicking hooves at people nearby.
The one bandit that Majet incinerated tries to flee away from the horses, heading along the guest houses wall towards the eastern side of the post.
All the while, the banditleader has to fight off an eagle and Delfey pretty much on his own, barehanded at that. He reaches to his belt, drawing a dagger, and aiming for the eidolon, but it slips out of his hand, as he twiches from the sting of Queslins arrow in his back.
One of the horses remembered where the entry was, but seeing Matius and Branomonrik in it's way to escape, it kicks its hooves at them, hitting the dwarf 2 hp damage.
The bandit in front of Agerron and Michael is freightened enough to raise his hands weaponless, while trying to get away from the paniced horses. Michael and Agerron use the opportunity, but while Michaels battleaxe hits nothing but air, Agerrons greatsword hits, letting him fall flat on his face, unconscious. dealt non-lethal damage in the AoO
One of the horses is so out in panic, it's hooves slip and the animal topples over.

Round 2 starts... I'm letting you decide if you want to stay to your posted actions or want to change them.
Here's a new map...


Big Ern will move towards the south end of the roof before jumping off, but otherwise he'll do the same thing.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

Branomonrik moves a bit to the east and fire upon the horse
5' step, right

Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 6


Gamemaster

Okay, moved Big E and updated the map.

Having the horse right in front of him and kicking in his direction, Branomonrik's aim is off, and the bolt goes wild.


Eagle activates smite against bandit leader and full attacks:
Talon 1 - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14, 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Talon 2 - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18, 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Bite - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15, 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Delfey charges towards the bandit to the southeast:
Claw - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11, 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Devlin moves around the back of the Leveton's house a total of 60 ft.

Edit: changed Delfey's and Devlin's actions.


F Gnome Alchamist 2

Majet climbs down the ladder and heads towards the doors.


Gamemaster

The summoned eagle turns in fury on the bandit leader, attacking him with his talons and his beak, bringing him to the ground in quick succession. He looks pretty dead now.


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

Queslin will take the time to attack the bandit as he goes to the horses.

Longsword 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 includes -4 for non lethal damage and +2 charge bonus


Gamemaster

Jumping down from the palisade, Queslin doesn't land so graceful as he had hoped. His ankle gives way and his knees hurt rolled a 6 on the 1d6 falling damage, but the elf goes on, drawing his longsword and attacks the fleeing bandit. The swords flat side connects and the human lies on the ground unconscious in the next second.


Ern stops and rests his sore ankle for a second. "Damn! And I was just gettin' started."

Turning to Queslin, he nods in approval and says: "Hey, Leafy Joe -- nice shootin'! For an elf, that is."


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

Agerron moves to the bandit leader, checking for a pulse and will attempt to stabilize him, if he can find one.

heal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

"The gods of war have smiled upon us this day, to give us this easy victory. We should secure the surviving bandits and strip them of weapons and possessions."


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

"You will call me Queslin or not address me at all you odious creature." Queslin continues to run as fast as he can on his injured leg to the try and calm the horses before they stampede.


Ern leans against the palisade and begins picking his teeth as he watches Queslin work.

"Naw...I think I'll call you Mister Sunshine, on account o' your pleasant disposition."


Gamemaster

Moving in between the paniced horses, Agerron has the luck to not get hit by a hoof. He arrives at the bandit leaders dead body, unable to help him any bit. He's dead, beyond saving without magical means.


Michael, seeing that the battle is over tries to calm the nearest horse.

*Handle Animal +6 (+2 Cha, +1 Rank, +3 Class Skill) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

He raises his voice at the Dwarf, "No need to kill the animal, it is scared, that is all, back away from it and it will leave you be"


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

Handle Animal 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Queslin finally makes it over to the spooked horses and tries to calm them down.


Gamemaster

Having the bandits dealt with, Oleg shouts in excitement, before going over to help with calming the horses.
Together the horses can be calmed with quite an effort, but not without Agerron and Matius getting a kick from one of the hooves.
2hp damage for Agerron, 3hp for Matius

Only one of the horses is unharmed, while of the four bandits two bleed to death, the other two are just unconscious. The banditleader though is dead.

Fight's over. What are you doing with the bandits?


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

Branomonrik will do what he can to heal the bandits"We should put some of these to the question, before the rope" He says making his way toward the bandits and the rest of the group. "Queslin you might want to find us a nice tall tree outside the fort unless we plan to use the gate for hanging"

He kneels by the wounded "Adabar see fit to bless those wounded with your healing power." He says as he channels the healing power of his god

Will channel to heal anyone's injures including the bandits

Channels2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6

Branomonrik has every intention to question them and see them hung by the neck till dead.


Big Ern has moved on from tooth-picking to nose-picking while watching Queslin and Michael wrangle the injured horses.

Branomonrik's healing soothes his ankle, and he pipes up his agreement with the dwarf: "Yep, first we find out where their hideout is, and then we have a little neck-stretchin' party. You picked the wrong trading post to pick on, chumps!"

101 to 150 of 2,500 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Sothal's Kingmaker PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.