DM RichD's Giantslayer Campaign

Game Master Briccone

GiantSlayer Book 2: The Hill Giant's Pledge
Part 3: Redlake Fort

The heroes infiltrate an abandoned border fort full of orcs, ogres, and hill giants to end the threat against Trunau once and for all, only to learn of a much greater danger: a mysterious warlord amassing an army of giants for some fell purpose.


351 to 400 of 3,601 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

"Kranzer, get the portcullis open" says Gnok. He then looks carefully at the creature and tries to figure out what it is and what he knows about it.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

@Gnok: Although you have never seen one, this looks like a Flood Troll you had heard about.


Male Dwarf Rogue 2 (HP 19/22 AC:16 T:13 F:13 Saves F:+3 R:+6 W:+2 CMB:+2 CMD:15 Init:+3 Perc: +6 (+7 Traps) Stealth: +7)

"On it then!"

Kranzer looks for a way to open the portcullis from this side, as well as casing it for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Disable Device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male Dwarf Wizard (Earth Elementalist) 2 (HP 16/16; AC:16 T:16 FF:14; Saves F:+1/+3 vs poison/+5 vs spells R:+2/+6 vs spells W:+4/+8 vs spells; CMB:+2 CMD:14 (see profile page for modifiers); Init:+2; Perc:+3; Spellcraft:+8){Effects: Mage Armor}

Since we're on a new page:

Round 1
Kranzer Kraken-Maw 20(11/11)
Drosk Ironhame 19(8/8)
Jocosa 14(18/18)
Creature 13(22/22)
Gnok Earthstone 10(11/11)
Bormann Grimm 9(15/15)
Daktani 8(20/20)
Greta Bolkasdottir 4(10/10)

Round One:

"What's goin' on up there?" Drosk asks his companions while keeping an eye out for any creatures that might surprise the group from behind. (Delay; keeping an eye out for anyone/thing that may creep up behind us.)


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 1

Kranzer notices a lever on the side of the wall and giving it a tug, the portcullis creakily raises.

The flood troll smiles a toothy grin.

Giant:
I love when dinner comes to me!

Drosk keeps an eye for any foes sneaking up on them from the back.

Next Up: Jocosa


N Male Companion Cat, Big (Tiger) animal 3 (HP 27 AC:18 T:14 F:14 Saves F:+4 R:+7 W:+3 CMB:+4 CMD:18 Init:+4 Perc: +2)

When Jocosa goes before Gnok, she will wait for instructions so change her initiative to Gnok - 1, in this case 9. I will post both Gnok and her actions one right after the other. Could you make this an SOP please.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

@Gnok: No problem, I can have it where Jocosa always goes on Gnok's initiative.

Round 1 Cont'

The flood troll charges to Kranzer and pounces on him.

Claw 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Claw 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Claw 1 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

He tries to claw him, but only one claw manages to slip between the dwarf's armor.

Next Up: Gnok & Jocosa

Tactical Map Updated


Male Dwarf Barbarian 6 (HP 78/90(+15) | DR 3/- | AC:19 T:11 F:19 | Saves F:+9 R:+5 W:+4 | CMB:+10 CMD:21 | Init:+1 | Perc: +10 Intimidate: +8 | Rage 20/20 rounds | Conditions: Bull's Str

Where's the flood troll now? I assume he's not in L5 after pouncing at Kranzer. If he charged to N5, I don't think I can get around to close and will have to wait for Kranzer to pull back and us to switch places.

Bormann looks for a way to close with the troll, now that there is a worthy opponent and not just some rats and centipedes. "Kranzer, let me take the front! I will make this thing regret facing a dwarf."

If delaying is what Bormann needs to do to coordinate a switch with Kranzer, that's what he'll do. If he can find a way to get through this round, even if it means risking an AoO, he will get into the room to try to attack the troll.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Sorry the map didn't update, but its updated now. From what I read, you would get AOO by switching places. Therefore the way I see it, You can make an acrobatics check to move to a side of the flood troll and maybe not get an AOO and attack this round or delay until next round and swap places with Kranzer and definitely get an AOO.


"Kranzer step into the room so we can get at it." says Gnok, and he and Jocosa wait for the area in front of them to clear.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 6 (HP 78/90(+15) | DR 3/- | AC:19 T:11 F:19 | Saves F:+9 R:+5 W:+4 | CMB:+10 CMD:21 | Init:+1 | Perc: +10 Intimidate: +8 | Rage 20/20 rounds | Conditions: Bull's Str

Bormann decides to risk it and push his luck. Sliding past Kranzer, Bormann edges into the room.
Acrobatics: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (13) - 3 = 10 Almost certainly giving up an AoO to the troll, but heading for N6.

As he presses into the room, he takes a quick jab at the troll with his axe.
Greataxe attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 if it hits


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 1 Cont'

Gnok and Jocasa wait to get into the fray, while Bormann decides to risk an attack from the troll to get into the room. He moves past Kranzer, but gets a claw for his trouble.

Claw Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Claw Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

But, he is able to slash the troll with his axe as he goes by.

A nervous Daktani says,

Giant:
I'll go around and cut off their retreat! Let none of them leave here alive!

He leaves by the west door and Drosk and Greta see him in their rear.

@Drosk: Take your readied action.

Next Up: Greta

Tactical Map Updated


Male Dwarf Wizard (Earth Elementalist) 2 (HP 16/16; AC:16 T:16 FF:14; Saves F:+1/+3 vs poison/+5 vs spells R:+2/+6 vs spells W:+4/+8 vs spells; CMB:+2 CMD:14 (see profile page for modifiers); Init:+2; Perc:+3; Spellcraft:+8){Effects: Mage Armor}

Round One continued:

Seeing the half-orc emerge from the passageway behind the party, Drosk takes a step back beside Greta as he reaches into his spell component pouch. The dwarf wizard utters a word of mystical power as he flings his hand toward the half-orc, releasing a handful of red, yellow, and blue sand that instantaneously transforms into a vivid cone of clashing colors that washes over the half-orc. Drosk draws his warhammer after casting his spell.

5-ft. step back to square P-7. Standard action to cast Color Spray on the half-orc; DC 14 Will save negates. If the half-orc is 2 HD or less and fails the save, he is knocked unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. If the half-orc is 3-4 HD and fails the save, he is blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, then stunned for 1 round. If the half-orc is 5 HD or more and fails the save, he is stunned for 1 round. Move action to draw warhammer.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Daktani Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

The half-orc blinks a few times then smiles, Your spells will not work on me puny dwarf. I shall enjoy seeing Ghaer make soup with you!


Hearing the wizard cast a spell, and hearing the half-orc response, Gnok casts a spell on Jocosa, and says "attack the half-orc" and she bounds past Greta to the spot Drosk just vacated and attacks.

Cast Magic Fang on bite : +1 hit & damage 20 rounds


N Male Companion Cat, Big (Tiger) animal 3 (HP 27 AC:18 T:14 F:14 Saves F:+4 R:+7 W:+3 CMB:+4 CMD:18 Init:+4 Perc: +2)

Jocosa;bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 frakkin really ?

Jocosa accepts the spell from Gnok and moves up ten feet to where Drosk was standing(Q8)m and attempts to, but fails, to bite the half-orc.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 1 Cont'

Ready for anything popping up in the rear, Drosk is not surprised when Daktani appears and he casts a spell in response. The half-orc is not affected by the spell, however, and taunts the dwarf. Seeing an opening now, Gnok casts a spell on Jocosa and sends her into the fray. Her attempt to bite the half-orc only solicits more laughter. Perhaps Ghaer will have roasted kitty with his dwarf soup tonight! he mocks.

Next Up: Greta


Female Dwarf Cleric 6; HP 51/51; AC 22, T 10, FF 22; F+6, R+2, W+8; CMB+6; CMD 16; Init +0, Perc +3; SM +7

Greta looks between the troll and the half-orc and finally decides on another course of action. She steps into the space that the great cat vacated and recites a prayer to Bolka in a loud voice, casting a blessing on the party!

+1 to attack!


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 1 Cont'

Greta calls on Bolka's blessing on the party to defeat the two dangerous foes.

Round 2
Kranzer Kraken-Maw 20(6/11) WOUNDED
Ghaer 13(22/22)
Bormann Grimm 9(8/15) WOUNDED
Daktani 8(20/20)
Drosk Ironhame 19(8/8)
Gnok Earthstone 10(11/11)
Jocosa 14(18/18)
Greta Bolkasdottir 4(10/10)

Next Up: Kranzer (But since there are two foes, if everyone wants to give me their actions, I'll craft a narrative)


N Male Companion Cat, Big (Tiger) animal 3 (HP 27 AC:18 T:14 F:14 Saves F:+4 R:+7 W:+3 CMB:+4 CMD:18 Init:+4 Perc: +2)

Jocosa;c;c;b: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 crud, forgot the bless by Greta. Added Bless +1 attack to all, Magic Fang +1 attack and damage to bite

Now that he is next to the half orc, Jocosa takes a full round of attacks, clawing at and biting him.


Gnok keeps an eye out in both directions, hoping that Kranzer moves up and flanks the flood troll, but also making sure that Jocosa, Greta and Drosk are not overwhelmed by the half orc.

If someone goes down, he moves up to cast Stabilize, but till then he stands firm, just keeping on eye out.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 6 (HP 78/90(+15) | DR 3/- | AC:19 T:11 F:19 | Saves F:+9 R:+5 W:+4 | CMB:+10 CMD:21 | Init:+1 | Perc: +10 Intimidate: +8 | Rage 20/20 rounds | Conditions: Bull's Str

Looks like it's Kranzer, the troll, then me - so consider this Bormann's plan if nothing changes

Bormann maneuvers around the troll in an effort to try to move opposite Kranzer (to M5) and trap the troll in a flanking maneuver. And, having been struck, he rages as he strikes back at the troll!
greataxe, raging: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 21
damage, raging: 1d12 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 3 = 14

Raging AC is down 2, but +4 dodging vs giant subtypes, so net AC is currently 18 vs the troll
Also, I forgot to apply my DR 1/-- to the first hit, current hit points (with raging) are 28.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Earth Elementalist) 2 (HP 16/16; AC:16 T:16 FF:14; Saves F:+1/+3 vs poison/+5 vs spells R:+2/+6 vs spells W:+4/+8 vs spells; CMB:+2 CMD:14 (see profile page for modifiers); Init:+2; Perc:+3; Spellcraft:+8){Effects: Mage Armor}

Waiting to see what the half-orc does.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

@Drosk: On his turn, Daktani will move to P8 and attempt to attack you and miss.

Attack (Morningstar): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Tactical map updated with Round 1 actions


Male Dwarf Rogue 2 (HP 19/22 AC:16 T:13 F:13 Saves F:+3 R:+6 W:+2 CMB:+2 CMD:15 Init:+3 Perc: +6 (+7 Traps) Stealth: +7)

Kranzer lashes out with both of his blades, trying for any purchase.

hopeknife: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

shortsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 2

Kranzer misses with his hopeknife, but his shortsword solidly connects. Ghaer howls in pain and tries to claw Kranzer, but only one claw connects.

Claw 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Claw 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Claw 1 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Bormann moves into position behind the flood troll and with a mighty swing of his axe, the beast falls.

Daktani tries to hit Drosk with his Morningstar, but his proximity to the great cat throws off his aim on the dwarf.

Next up: Drosk

Tactical Map Updated


Male Dwarf Wizard (Earth Elementalist) 2 (HP 16/16; AC:16 T:16 FF:14; Saves F:+1/+3 vs poison/+5 vs spells R:+2/+6 vs spells W:+4/+8 vs spells; CMB:+2 CMD:14 (see profile page for modifiers); Init:+2; Perc:+3; Spellcraft:+8){Effects: Mage Armor}

Hey Gnok! Since the half-orc Daktani stepped up to attack me before Jocosa's attack, is there any way for you to command Jocosa to 5-ft. step into a flanking position with me? She'd still be able to full attack with the 5-ft. step.


@Drosk - I have been reading up quite a lot on handling AC before stating up Jocosa. She does not know the Flank trick, but that would most likely be the next trick I teach her. I can "push" her next round to flank, but chances of success are "slim".


Male Dwarf Wizard (Earth Elementalist) 2 (HP 16/16; AC:16 T:16 FF:14; Saves F:+1/+3 vs poison/+5 vs spells R:+2/+6 vs spells W:+4/+8 vs spells; CMB:+2 CMD:14 (see profile page for modifiers); Init:+2; Perc:+3; Spellcraft:+8){Effects: Mage Armor}

No problem Gnok! Just looking for any attack bonuses I can get!

Daktani the Half-Orc wrote:
Your spells will not work on me puny dwarf. I shall enjoy seeing Ghaer make soup with you!

Round Two:

"I'd hoped my spell would knock ye out so we could tie ye up an' take ye back to town for questionin'. Guess I'll have to do it the old fashioned way!" Drosk exclaims as he swings his warhammer at the half-orc.

Warhammer Attack (earth supremacy, hatred, boon, bless): 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 16
Warhammer Damage (earth supremacy): 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 2 Cont'

Drosk slams the half-orc with his hammer while Jocosa bites and claws him. Hearing his companion go down further unnerves the half-orc.

Gnok keeps an eye out for any place he needs to jump into.

Next Up: Greta


Female Dwarf Cleric 6; HP 51/51; AC 22, T 10, FF 22; F+6, R+2, W+8; CMB+6; CMD 16; Init +0, Perc +3; SM +7

Greta hefts her mace and steps into the adjacent space. She swings at the half-orc traitor! Mace!: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 damage!


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 2 Cont'

Greta swings her mace but misses which causes the half-orc to laugh derisively.

Round 3
Kranzer Kraken-Maw 20(3/11) WOUNDED
Ghaer 13(22/22) DEAD
Bormann Grimm 9(8/15) WOUNDED
Daktani 8(6/20) WOUNDED
Drosk Ironhame 19(8/8)
Gnok Earthstone 10(11/11)
Jocosa 14(18/18)
Greta Bolkasdottir 4(10/10)

Next Up: Kranzer, but if everyone wants to give me their actions.


Gnok;Handle Animal: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 4 = 25 Heh, well kiss my grits, it worked!!

"Jocosa, Flank! and Gnok moves up next to Drosk(Q7).


N Male Companion Cat, Big (Tiger) animal 3 (HP 27 AC:18 T:14 F:14 Saves F:+4 R:+7 W:+3 CMB:+4 CMD:18 Init:+4 Perc: +2)

Jocosa;c;c;b: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 251d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Jocosa;c;c;b: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 confirmed? Three frackin 1s for damage !!!!!

Jocosa steps to behind the half-orc(P9) so he is flanking and attacks with his claws and bite, but hitting only with one claw.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Earth Elementalist) 2 (HP 16/16; AC:16 T:16 FF:14; Saves F:+1/+3 vs poison/+5 vs spells R:+2/+6 vs spells W:+4/+8 vs spells; CMB:+2 CMD:14 (see profile page for modifiers); Init:+2; Perc:+3; Spellcraft:+8){Effects: Mage Armor}

Round Three:

Delay until after Gnok and Jocosa, then:

Flanking the half-orc with the tiger, Drosk strikes again at his foe with his warhammer. As he does so, he speaks to Greta and Gnok in their native language and then steps to the side.

Dwarvish:
"Someone step here so ye can flank with Jocosa. Let's make sure this half-orc doesn't escape!"

Standard action to attack (flanking with Jocosa), then 5-ft. step to square Q-8.

Warhammer Attack (earth supremacy, hatred, boon, bless, flanking): 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 19
Warhammer Damage (earth supremacy): 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9


Male Dwarf Barbarian 6 (HP 78/90(+15) | DR 3/- | AC:19 T:11 F:19 | Saves F:+9 R:+5 W:+4 | CMB:+10 CMD:21 | Init:+1 | Perc: +10 Intimidate: +8 | Rage 20/20 rounds | Conditions: Bull's Str

His breath coming quickly with the battlerage on him, Bormann says to Kranzer, "If the half-orc can get out that way, so can I." as he indicates the passage to his left. He then starts trotting that way, keeping his rage alive with the anticipation of orc blood on his axe.

Heading into the corridor along the M line to see how it links up and, hopefully, corner the enemy.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 3

Kranzer[BOT],hurting badly, will move into the room and keep an eye out on all the exits. Bormann, his ire up, goes to attack the half-orc from the rear.

Daktani, hearing Bormann approach behind him, knows his ally is dead. Seeing all avenues of escape closed off to him and an angry tiger and an even more angry hammer-wielding dwarf, will say, If I surrender and give you information, will you let me go free and clear?

@Jocosa & Drosk: You can tell he is adamant about his freedom being part of the deal. If you accept that and his surrender, I will let you change your actions. If you don't want to be bothered with him anymore, than we can keep your actions as is. Your attacks would leave him bleeding out but not dead.


Apologies, was feeling really lousy yesterday.
Jocosa does his attacks

Gnok, hearing the half-orcs plea, ignores it and lets Jocosa finish his attack. After the half-orc goes down, he will move up and cast a spell on the half-orc.(Stabilize).


Male Dwarf Wizard (Earth Elementalist) 2 (HP 16/16; AC:16 T:16 FF:14; Saves F:+1/+3 vs poison/+5 vs spells R:+2/+6 vs spells W:+4/+8 vs spells; CMB:+2 CMD:14 (see profile page for modifiers); Init:+2; Perc:+3; Spellcraft:+8){Effects: Mage Armor}
Gnok Earthstone wrote:

Jocosa does his attacks

Gnok, hearing the half-orcs plea, ignores it and lets Jocosa finish his attack.

My action stands as well.

"I told ye we'd be knockin' ye out an' takin' ye back to town for questionin'," Drosk says grimly as the blow from his warhammer drops the half-orc to the ground. "It's not our place to let ye go if ye're involved in Rodrik's murder... or plottin' any other threats to the town of Trunau."

"Gnok, Greta, can either of ye stabilize him, but keep him unconscious for now?," the dwarf wizard asks his companions.

Gnok Earthstone wrote:
After the half-orc goes down, he will move up and cast a spell on the half-orc.(Stabilize).

"From what he said to his friend in the other room, he's not too keen to have the folks of Trunau learn of his involvement with whatever's goin' on down here, " Drosk explains, providing a translation for what the half-orc had previously said in the Giantish language. "Let's see if we can find some clues in the room he and his friend were in, an' then take him and his dead friend back to town. I'm sure Kurst and Chief Defender Halgra would like to have a word with him - it should be up to them to decide whether they want to let him go in exchange for his information."

Suggest we Take 20 to search the half-orc, the flood troll, and the room for clues, then head back to town.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 6 (HP 78/90(+15) | DR 3/- | AC:19 T:11 F:19 | Saves F:+9 R:+5 W:+4 | CMB:+10 CMD:21 | Init:+1 | Perc: +10 Intimidate: +8 | Rage 20/20 rounds | Conditions: Bull's Str

Bormann lets his rage subside, sweat beading on his brow. "Well decided, Brothers. I would not mind watching his interrogation. I hope that he finds it a painful experience. I have no patience for traitors to their peoples and communities."

The battle rager is a little winded, but the thorough search gives him ample time to catch his breath.
Taking 20 for Bormann yields a 26 on his search checks.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 3

The half-orc hoped his offer will be accepted, but he had his answer as Jocosa reaches out and claws him across the leg opening up a deep gash. Drosk follows the action by bringing his hammer down on the half-orcs head. That is the last thing the half-orc sees.

Out of round mode

Kranzer & Bormann are wounded

Ghaer
No loot

Daktani
Potion of Cure Light Wounds,
Potions (2)

DC16 Spellcraft:
potions of pass without trace
,
Potion
DC16 Spellcraft:
potion of vanish
,

Smoke Pellets (2),
Tangleburn bag
Leather Armor,
Daggers (5),
MWK Morningstar,
Short Sword,
Belt
DC16 Spellcraft:
belt of tumbling,

Alchemically Treated Coals,
Crowbar,
Thieves’ Tools,
Key,
Garnet (worth 50 gp),
30 gp

The bookshelf holds little of value—only the mostly destroyed pages of Iomedae’s holy text, Acts of Iomedae, and several other weathered scriptures.

The chest contains:
1 ounce of sovereign glue,
2 doses of universal solvent,
50 feet of silk rope,
A disguise kit (with 6 uses remaining),
A set of thieves’ tools,
A noble’s outfit worth 75 gp,
A signet ring worth 50 gp,
237 gp,
155 sp,
55 cp

There is a door in this chamber, along with a passageway to the north, and a door by the statue of Iomedea.

Tactical Map Updated


Male Dwarf Wizard (Earth Elementalist) 2 (HP 16/16; AC:16 T:16 FF:14; Saves F:+1/+3 vs poison/+5 vs spells R:+2/+6 vs spells W:+4/+8 vs spells; CMB:+2 CMD:14 (see profile page for modifiers); Init:+2; Perc:+3; Spellcraft:+8){Effects: Mage Armor}

As his companions search the room, Drosk attempts to identify the magical items found in the half-orc's possession.

2 Potions DC 16 Spellcraft check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
1 Potion DC 16 Spellcraft check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Belt DC 16 Spellcraft check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

"Can't tell what these potions are, but this belt is a Belt of Tumbling - it makes it easier for the wearer to move past enemies without gettin' hit," Drosk informs the group. (Belt of Tumbling grants +4 competence bonus on Acrobatics checks made to move through a threatened square or through an enemy’s space.)

"Kranzer an' Bormann, how're ye two doin'? Looks like that troll got in some good hits. Kranzer, would ye be up to listenin' at those doors to hear if any other people are down here? Then I think we should get our prisoner an' this troll's body back to town - let the Council know somethin' suspicious is goin' on down here."

Updating my character sheet with the new party treasure. Let me know in the Discussion Thread who is claiming what.

EDIT: Did Daktani's key unlock the chest, or does it go to something else (as yet to be determined)?


Male Dwarf Barbarian 6 (HP 78/90(+15) | DR 3/- | AC:19 T:11 F:19 | Saves F:+9 R:+5 W:+4 | CMB:+10 CMD:21 | Init:+1 | Perc: +10 Intimidate: +8 | Rage 20/20 rounds | Conditions: Bull's Str

"I am not badly hurt. I think Kranzer took the worse in that fight. Our healing efforts should go to him first." Bormann advises.

He then gets up to make use of his own well-honed senses. He takes the farthest doors to listen for any signs of activity.
Bormann moves to I4 to listen at those doors.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Female Dwarf Cleric 6; HP 51/51; AC 22, T 10, FF 22; F+6, R+2, W+8; CMB+6; CMD 16; Init +0, Perc +3; SM +7

Greta moves next to the wounded and channels! Channel 2/7: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 and Channel 3/7: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 and Channel 4/7: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

@Greta: I do not think you need that last channel. The first 2 channels should bring everyone up to full.

@Drosk: Kranzer will tell you that the key does not match the lock to the chest.

@Bormann: The door to the north you hear sobbing, to the east you hear nothing.


"Kranzer, after you listen at those doors, could you tie this one up so he can't get free?" as he points at the half-orc.

After the half-orc is tied up, "shall we continue on?"


Male Dwarf Barbarian 6 (HP 78/90(+15) | DR 3/- | AC:19 T:11 F:19 | Saves F:+9 R:+5 W:+4 | CMB:+10 CMD:21 | Init:+1 | Perc: +10 Intimidate: +8 | Rage 20/20 rounds | Conditions: Bull's Str

Bormann rejoins the rest and relays, "There is a sobbing sound coming from the door at the far end of the hall. It may just be the echoes of tragedy like the sounds we heard on the ground level, or it may be something more. It maybe related to this flood troll and traitor here. I cannot tell which."


Male Dwarf Wizard (Earth Elementalist) 2 (HP 16/16; AC:16 T:16 FF:14; Saves F:+1/+3 vs poison/+5 vs spells R:+2/+6 vs spells W:+4/+8 vs spells; CMB:+2 CMD:14 (see profile page for modifiers); Init:+2; Perc:+3; Spellcraft:+8){Effects: Mage Armor}

Drosk is at full health, so he'll stay in the outer chamber with the unconscious half-orc while Greta channels to heal the others in the portcullis chamber - we don't want the channeled energy to revive our prisoner!

Bormann Grimm wrote:
"There is a sobbing sound coming from the door at the far end of the hall. It may just be the echoes of tragedy like the sounds we heard on the ground level, or it may be something more. It maybe related to this flood troll and traitor here. I cannot tell which."

"A prisoner? Maybe that's what this key is for," Drosk muses, holding up the key taken from the defeated half-orc. "Let's see if this opens that door," the wizard adds, heading down the hallway to the northern door and trying the key in the lock.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

@Drosk: You go to the door where the sobbing was heard, place the key into the lock and to your surprise it fits! It turns with an audible click.

I am assuming you are opening the door?


Male Dwarf Wizard (Earth Elementalist) 2 (HP 16/16; AC:16 T:16 FF:14; Saves F:+1/+3 vs poison/+5 vs spells R:+2/+6 vs spells W:+4/+8 vs spells; CMB:+2 CMD:14 (see profile page for modifiers); Init:+2; Perc:+3; Spellcraft:+8){Effects: Mage Armor}

That is a safe assumption, yes.

351 to 400 of 3,601 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's GiantSlayer Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.