DM RichD's Giantslayer Campaign

Game Master Briccone

GiantSlayer Book 2: The Hill Giant's Pledge
Part 3: Redlake Fort

The heroes infiltrate an abandoned border fort full of orcs, ogres, and hill giants to end the threat against Trunau once and for all, only to learn of a much greater danger: a mysterious warlord amassing an army of giants for some fell purpose.


451 to 500 of 3,601 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Female Dwarf Cleric 6; HP 51/51; AC 22, T 10, FF 22; F+6, R+2, W+8; CMB+6; CMD 16; Init +0, Perc +3; SM +7

Greta frowns. "If you feel up to it, we should press on. If we leave, we risk allowing anyone here to flee."


Male Dwarf Wizard (Earth Elementalist) 2 (HP 16/16; AC:16 T:16 FF:14; Saves F:+1/+3 vs poison/+5 vs spells R:+2/+6 vs spells W:+4/+8 vs spells; CMB:+2 CMD:14 (see profile page for modifiers); Init:+2; Perc:+3; Spellcraft:+8){Effects: Mage Armor}

"With respect, Greta, I have to disagree. We have an innocent in our care, an' a prisoner with information that we need to get back to the authorities in Trunau. That jelly cube incapacitated half our number in just a few seconds. What if we encounter somethin' down here that kills or captures all of us? What'll happen to Othdan then? How will the Council learn about whatever Daktani an' the troll are up to down here?" Drosk asks.

"If there's anyone else down here the noise from our fight with Daktani an' the troll an' the jelly cube should've alerted them of our presence. Othdan said he only ever heard Othdan talkin' with one other person; probably the troll, if I had to guess, who was likely an emissary from somewhere else since if it was livin' here it would've already eaten the boy. I think we owe it to Othdan to get him safely back to his parents - they're bound to be worried sick about him. We can come straight back here after we get him back to town an' drop off Daktani with Kurst. We can take the troll's head back with us to prove what type of creature Daktani was meetin' with," Drosk suggests. This will also give us a chance to meet up with our new player.

The dwarf pauses as Othdan's last words replay in his mind: I never minded the burning smell or the moans but half-orcs and moving squares are just too much.

"Hold on, Othdan. Where did ye smell the burning smell an' hear the moanin'?" Drosk gently asks the boy.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 6 (HP 78/90(+15) | DR 3/- | AC:19 T:11 F:19 | Saves F:+9 R:+5 W:+4 | CMB:+10 CMD:21 | Init:+1 | Perc: +10 Intimidate: +8 | Rage 20/20 rounds | Conditions: Bull's Str

Bormann weighs in, "I respect your opinion, Drosk, though I am loathe to leave this place without securing it thoroughly. The lad is under our protection and is clearly unsettled by it. I counsel for us taking him and the prisoner to town before coming back and exploring further."


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

RichD:
Riding hard returning from his scouting patrol Kurag was glad to see the familiar sight of the palisade of Trunau. The sight was one he had become accustomed to over the recent past as he has started to call this place home. He still loved to roam the wilderness and feel the comfortable rhythm of being on horseback. Slowing down to a light trot Kurag noticed a strange sight. It appeared that there were some strange tracks leading to the old burnt building on the outskirts of town. Leaving Herath a short distance away Kurag dismounted and crept closer to investigate. Longbow drawn with an arrow knocked he is ready for U welcomed guests.

perception 16:

Stealth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Noises can be heard as someone Is approaching the front of the building.

RichD:

Perception check for tracks 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

The youth looks at Drosk. Upstairs. It always sounds like people are moaning and it smells like fire. I guess that is why people say this place is haunted. I wasn't scared of that, no sir, wasn't scared until I came down to this level.

@Kurag: You see several humanoid tracks and to your surprise, those of a big animal.

Knowledge (Nature) DC 10:
They are those of a large feline


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

RichD:

Know nature 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

What the hell is a large cat doing around these parts. I know there is that orc on a wolf out there still somewhere but I have never seen a cat this sized on my patrols. At least not with other humanoids.

Perception to follow tracks 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Not sure exactly the situation but convinced something underhanded is going on Kurag steps into the building and looks for a high vantage point to climb up upon. Hopefully there is a rafter tang will support his weight so he can fire upon those trespassing should he need to do so.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 to hear any voices


"Then lets get going" the gruff Gnok says. He motions to Jocosa and points at the boy "Guard" and the big cat moves next to the boy and stands ready to attack anything or anyone that threatens him.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

@Kurag:
You can find a vantage point to support your weight. You faintly hear voices coming from one of the lower levels.

So to confirm, It sounds like you are taking Orthdan and Daktani and heading back to town?

Please let's discuss this! Certainly we can make a deal! The half-orc pleads.

Bormann Perception DC14: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Drosk Perception DC14: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Gnok Perception DC14: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Greta Perception DC14: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Jocosa Perception DC14: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Kurag Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

As you come up the stairs:

@Bormann, Drosk, & Jocosa:
Bormann & Drosk: You spot a Dwarf standing on a rafter aiming an arrow in your direction. Jocosa smells something in the air that wasn't there before and let's out a low growl.

@Kurag:
You see several dwarfs ascend a set of stairs with a big cat, a small human boy, and a bound half-orc. One of the dwarfs you recognize as Greta from around town.


"The only deal you will get is being a nice snack for my cat if you don't tell the sheriff and us everything you know." growls Gnok at the half-orc.


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Holding his bow from his vantage pint Kurag is confident that he can hold his own should the situation escalate to violence. As such he is willing ot take a risk when he sees other dwarves appear even if he does not know them. Who're you and what're you doing here? Walk forward slowly as I have you in me sights.

Only then does he see Greta among them, Greta, is that you? What in Cayden's name is goin on around here? I was jus returning from 3-day scoutin venture when I saw tracks leading in here. It wouldn't concern me much but then I saw those big cat prints outside and got curious and cautious. Who dat half-orc you got bound there?


Male Dwarf Wizard (Earth Elementalist) 2 (HP 16/16; AC:16 T:16 FF:14; Saves F:+1/+3 vs poison/+5 vs spells R:+2/+6 vs spells W:+4/+8 vs spells; CMB:+2 CMD:14 (see profile page for modifiers); Init:+2; Perc:+3; Spellcraft:+8){Effects: Mage Armor}
Othdan wrote:
The youth looks at Drosk. Upstairs. It always sounds like people are moaning and it smells like fire. I guess that is why people say this place is haunted. I wasn't scared of that, no sir, wasn't scared until I came down to this level.

"Aye, lad. We encountered it as well," Drosk replies, placing a comforting hand on Othdan's shoulder. "It's nothin' to fear. Just the memory of the disaster that struck this place - it's seeped into the bones of the structure. Still, this isn't the kind of place to come into alone. Ye must've really cared for yer dog. I'm sorry ye didn't find him."

Kurag Urlot III wrote:

Who're you and what're you doing here? Walk forward slowly as I have you in me sights.

Greta, is that you? What in Cayden's name is goin on around here? I was jus returning from 3-day scoutin venture when I saw tracks leading in here. It wouldn't concern me much but then I saw those big cat prints outside and got curious and cautious. Who dat half-orc you got bound there?

Drosk steps forward to address the dwarven bowman, his empty hands raised before him. "Drosk Ironhame's the name. These here are Bormann Grimm an' Gnok Earthstone an' Jocosa," the bald dwarf introduces himself, two of his companions, and the big cat. "We're from Janderhoff; we arrived in Trunau yesterday. I take it ye already know Greta an' Kranzer. Kurst Grath asked us to investigate a murder that happened this mornin', an' the clues led us here. The half-orc's name is Daktani; we found him meetin' in the cellars here with a flood troll, which we killed. He was holdin' this boy, Othdan, captive. We're takin' them back to town now to return Othdan to his parents and to deliver Daktani to Kurst for questionin'."


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

The dwarf named Drosk spoke with sincerity and it had the ring of truth behind it. Still this was a stranger and he looked to Greta to confirm what was said. As she confirms it Kurag nods to the rest and descends but keeps his bow at the ready. What you say is alarming. Who was murdered Greta? I just got back so know nothing of this matter.


Female Dwarf Cleric 6; HP 51/51; AC 22, T 10, FF 22; F+6, R+2, W+8; CMB+6; CMD 16; Init +0, Perc +3; SM +7

Greta smiles sadly at Kurag. "Oh! You haven't heard. Poor Rodrik was killed and made to look like suicide. We followed clues here and found this slime!"


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

After being insulted by both Gnok and Greta, Daktani finds his backbone. You'll the ones that will be sorry when Skree.. He stops in mid-sentance and sighs angrily.

Drosk wrote:
I'm sorry ye didn't find him

Hopefully he found his way home and wasn't eaten by this one or the troll! I really miss him! the boy quickly adds I miss my Ma and Da too!


Insult, hell ! Gnok was serious, Jocosa would enjoy some half-orc steaks. Half-Orc Steaks on a Grill


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Kurag stops where he is at and just stares at Greta. Eventually finding his voice he grips her shoulder harder than perhaps he means to. Please say it isn't so. Not Rodrik! He...he...he was m,m,my commander and a friend. Letting go of Greta and looking at the rest. If this slime's responsible I hope you hang him for his crime. Nice and slow.

Kurag looks at the rafters in the building as if searching for a suitable location. As his eyes drop down you can see taht they are red tinged but no tears are shed. Swallowing hard he falls in with them. Not me call though. That is for Kurst to decide. If you don't mind I'd like to accompany you the rest of the way so I can give me respects to the family.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 6 (HP 78/90(+15) | DR 3/- | AC:19 T:11 F:19 | Saves F:+9 R:+5 W:+4 | CMB:+10 CMD:21 | Init:+1 | Perc: +10 Intimidate: +8 | Rage 20/20 rounds | Conditions: Bull's Str
DM RichD wrote:

After being insulted by both Gnok and Greta, Daktani finds his backbone. You'll the ones that will be sorry when Skree.. He stops in mid-sentance and sighs angrily.

Bormann kicks the half-orc in the back of the knee to make it buckle.

"Care to explain that, wormfood?"


Male Dwarf Wizard (Earth Elementalist) 2 (HP 16/16; AC:16 T:16 FF:14; Saves F:+1/+3 vs poison/+5 vs spells R:+2/+6 vs spells W:+4/+8 vs spells; CMB:+2 CMD:14 (see profile page for modifiers); Init:+2; Perc:+3; Spellcraft:+8){Effects: Mage Armor}

"Aye. When Skreed does what, exactly?" Drosk asks the half-orc.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

As the half-orc rises he smiles wickedly and says, You'll see! Maybe it will be I that hangs all of you! Except the lad there - him - I'll eat! He looks at Othdan and licks his chops in an exaggerated manner.


Female Dwarf Cleric 6; HP 51/51; AC 22, T 10, FF 22; F+6, R+2, W+8; CMB+6; CMD 16; Init +0, Perc +3; SM +7

Greta smiles, walks up to the half-orc and knees him in the groin. Then she whispers in his ear, "I do hope they allow me a few minutes with you. I have a knife that would looooove to meet your bits, slime."


N Male Companion Cat, Big (Tiger) animal 3 (HP 27 AC:18 T:14 F:14 Saves F:+4 R:+7 W:+3 CMB:+4 CMD:18 Init:+4 Perc: +2)

As the half-orc threatens the boy, Jocosa, obeying the guard order starts a low growl and hunches down, ready to leap at him.


"Down girl. Good girl." says Gnok, then points to the boy again, "Guard"

Turning to the half-orc he growls, "next time you threaten the boy, I don't call her off, knowledge that you have or not."


Male Dwarf Wizard (Earth Elementalist) 2 (HP 16/16; AC:16 T:16 FF:14; Saves F:+1/+3 vs poison/+5 vs spells R:+2/+6 vs spells W:+4/+8 vs spells; CMB:+2 CMD:14 (see profile page for modifiers); Init:+2; Perc:+3; Spellcraft:+8){Effects: Mage Armor}

"Don't worry about his knowledge, Gnok. He can still live without his legs... an' his arms even. Greta could make sure of that. As long as he's got his head he can still tell us what he knows."

"Make it a lot harder for him to escape the town," Drosk adds, fixing the half-orc with a level-eyed stare. "He'd basically have to pull himself across the ground with his teeth... if he could pick the lock on his cell with his tongue."


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Kurag bristles at the thoughtofthishalf orc eating the boy. Even though he knows the halforc is just trying to goad him Kurag is still emotionally raw from hearing that Rodrik wasmurder that he can't get a hold of his emotions. Stowing his longbow and bringing out his great club Kurag looks to the others before he knocks the halforc out.

We can wake him up later. For now I don't want to hear him any longer.

Subdual damage 1d12 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14

If anyone want to prevent this go ahead as Kurag will give ample opportunity to halt his actions.


Male Dwarf Wizard (Earth Elementalist) 2 (HP 16/16; AC:16 T:16 FF:14; Saves F:+1/+3 vs poison/+5 vs spells R:+2/+6 vs spells W:+4/+8 vs spells; CMB:+2 CMD:14 (see profile page for modifiers); Init:+2; Perc:+3; Spellcraft:+8){Effects: Mage Armor}

Fine with me to knock out the scumbag. I wanted to leave him unconscious until we turned him over to the authorities anyway.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

With Daktani knocked out, you meet no further trouble on your way back to town. Orthdan will lead you to his small farm just outside the city walls. His parents are alarmed with someone knocking at their door at such a late hour, but the sight of their boy brings tears to their eyes. The couple ,Lars and Miriam, thank you profusely and offer you their hospitality for the rest of the night with promises of a big meal for breakfast. Lars will offer to restrain the half-orc in his barn until morning although he wouldn't mind 'feeding him to the hogs' in pieces.

Also, much to Othdan's relief and happiness his dog had found his way home and the sight of the two reunited warms your heart.

Do you stay at Othdan's farm or head into the city proper with Daktani?


Male Dwarf Wizard (Earth Elementalist) 2 (HP 16/16; AC:16 T:16 FF:14; Saves F:+1/+3 vs poison/+5 vs spells R:+2/+6 vs spells W:+4/+8 vs spells; CMB:+2 CMD:14 (see profile page for modifiers); Init:+2; Perc:+3; Spellcraft:+8){Effects: Mage Armor}

How long is the trip back to town from here? Will the guards at the gate let us in at night even though we're on "police business"?

I would prefer to get back to town with our prisoner ASAP, but if we do stay here for the night we should keep a guard or two with Daktani at all times.


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Kurag keeps a low profile as he had nothing to do with the rescue of the boy. Instead he maintains a vigil outside as he watches over the halforc. When the discussion rolls around to returning, Kurag speaks up. I think it's be best if we press on tonight. We've the prisoner and I need to return to report my scoutin trip.

To the family though, I appreciate the hospitality, really I do but I have a duty to finish.


"I agree. Lets get back to town tonight." He lets those of the group with better people skills, break the news to the farmer and his family, although the gruff dwarf seems to have a soft spot for the dog and the young boy when they greet each other.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 6 (HP 78/90(+15) | DR 3/- | AC:19 T:11 F:19 | Saves F:+9 R:+5 W:+4 | CMB:+10 CMD:21 | Init:+1 | Perc: +10 Intimidate: +8 | Rage 20/20 rounds | Conditions: Bull's Str

"Then I think the matter is settled. We return to town tonight with the prisoner. Perhaps we can break bread with Orthden and his family at a later date. A family living in a region this dangerous probably has some interesting tales to tell of bravery and daring. We may learn much about the mettle of the people living in and around Trunau."


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Othdan's family is disappointed that you won't stay the rest of the night but totally understand and make you each swear on the soul of you grandfather's great-grandfather to come back sometime so they can thank you proper.

You arrive at the city gates within a quarter of an hour where you are greeted by two sleepy guards. Eh? Gates closed for the night. Come back at sun-up. One sleepily calls down to you. The other guard nudges him. Hey! There's them dwarfs investigating Rodrik's death! Open the gates! The gates slowly creak open and the sleepy guard waves you through. Sorry bout that! Didn't recognize who you were. Is that Daktani? What he'd do? He looks a bit beat up? Did he kill Rodrik? The gate creakily closes behind you.


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Kurag agrees to return when his duties allow for a home cooked meal. Not necessary as I just arrived when they're finished and all but I can't resist home cooking.

At the gate Kurag looks at the sleepy guards sternly and tries to change the subject about Daktani. Wake up! There's not suppose to be people sleepin while on duty. I just got back from a scoutin mission and need to get in now. The names Kurag. You've seen me for the past 2 years now let us in.


"Maybe, maybe not. But he is going to the sheriff and tell him everything he knows." replies Gnok. "Either that or he becomes cat chow."


Female Dwarf Cleric 6; HP 51/51; AC 22, T 10, FF 22; F+6, R+2, W+8; CMB+6; CMD 16; Init +0, Perc +3; SM +7

Greta smiles at the guards sweetly. "He's involved with Rodrik's murder and he'll be talking soon." She emphasizes the murder aspect, so the rumor mill will shortly know the truth.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

The sleepy guard wakes quickly from the rebuke from Kurag. Well if he is involved, I am sure that Kurst would like to hear of it! I am sure he has turned in for the night with his brother's funeral set for later today and all. I'm sure Kurag,Greta or Kranzer can show you the way.[/b]


Male Dwarf Wizard (Earth Elementalist) 2 (HP 16/16; AC:16 T:16 FF:14; Saves F:+1/+3 vs poison/+5 vs spells R:+2/+6 vs spells W:+4/+8 vs spells; CMB:+2 CMD:14 (see profile page for modifiers); Init:+2; Perc:+3; Spellcraft:+8){Effects: Mage Armor}

"Aye, let's get this scumbag to Kurst straight away," Drosk says, anxious to deliver Daktani to the authorities.


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

With the guards being more alert Kurag gives a slight nod and turns away from them and enters into the city proper. Looking at the group he just met, It's as they say. Kurst'll be asleep right about now but with matters of this importance from you I'd think he could be woken. I'll take you to him. My report wasn't much anyways and that can wait till the mornin. You guys have the real info he may want.


"Yes, let us wake up Kurst. Lead the way Kurag." Gnok says.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 6 (HP 78/90(+15) | DR 3/- | AC:19 T:11 F:19 | Saves F:+9 R:+5 W:+4 | CMB:+10 CMD:21 | Init:+1 | Perc: +10 Intimidate: +8 | Rage 20/20 rounds | Conditions: Bull's Str

Bormann considers what the guardsman has said. "Once we have this wormfood properly in Kurst's hands, we will need to reconsider our next move. We surely do not want to miss Rodrik's funeral, and that means we either need to set right back out for the burned chapel or let it wait until after Rodrik's ceremony."


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Kurag leads you to the Longhouse-Trunau's largest building. It contains a huge common room for meetings and the barracks for the town's unmarried militia members. Kurag will enter the male barracks and a few moments later emerge with Kurst. Kurst is looking haggard with blood-shot eyes and you doubt he has slept at all this night. In spite of his weary appearance, he greets you warmly. Friends! I did not get a chance to thank you for proving that my brother's death was not a suicide. What else have you uncovered? He then notices Daktani and the fact that he is bound. What did this one do?

Daktani smiles balefully at Kurst. So sorry to hear about your brother, but I am sure you'll see him again real soon!


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Kurag looks at Daktani, I thought I hit him hard enough to knock him out to next week. He is more resilient than I thought.

Kurag stands at attention while standing guard over Daktani waiting to see what the others have to say about the situation. Inside he wanted to offer his sympathy to Kurst but now was not the time for such shows of emotion. No, with the death of a brother and the possible perpetrator here, it was time to be stoic as to not give Daktani the pleasure of seeing the pain.


"Kurst, he was found in the old burned out temple, with a troll that we killed. He knows something, but what we do not yet know what it is, only that he was involved in the death of your brother." Gnok replies to the Kurst.

"We can always heal him a bit, then beat him till he is bleeding and heal him some more till he tells us what he knows. Or do you have a way of getting him to talk?"


Male Dwarf Barbarian 6 (HP 78/90(+15) | DR 3/- | AC:19 T:11 F:19 | Saves F:+9 R:+5 W:+4 | CMB:+10 CMD:21 | Init:+1 | Perc: +10 Intimidate: +8 | Rage 20/20 rounds | Conditions: Bull's Str

"We also know that he was holding a boy as a captive, lad by the name of Othdan. We returned the boy to his family, safe and sound, on our way to deliver this creature to you. If his strange behavior or testimony offers to account to the murder of your brother, we have him for that at least," Bormann adds to the conversation.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Kurst looks at Daktani. Murder and Kidnapping, Eh? He will definitely be questioned and we will get all the answers we will need from the wretch. He then turns to all of you. It is late, my friends, why don't you get some rest. I feel that with all that you have done, you should have a place of honor at my brother's funeral. He sighs heavily and calls for two guards to take Daktani into the dungeon.

As he is being led away Daktani calls back, I shall enjoy seeing all of your heads hanging on the gates to this miserable town!


At the dismissal from Kurst, Gnok starts to head out, but then he hears Daktani comment, and snarls but does not say anything. He leaves before he does something foolish.


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Kurag nods to Kurst at the dismissal. He would be at the funeral even if he had to climb up the face of the palisade to get a view of it. There was not going to be anyone that would prevent him from paying his last respects to his commander but more importantly his friend. Perhaps it was the mention of the funeral from Kurst but Kurag felt tears begin to well up and left the others to go drown his sorrows with a stiff drink. How he would have liked to get drunk tonight but that would be no way to honor Rodrik's memory. He does invite the others for a drink as well if they want before returning to sleep at the Longhouse.


Female Dwarf Cleric 6; HP 51/51; AC 22, T 10, FF 22; F+6, R+2, W+8; CMB+6; CMD 16; Init +0, Perc +3; SM +7

Greta frowns after the half-orc. "What does that one know that he's not telling?"


Male Dwarf Wizard (Earth Elementalist) 2 (HP 16/16; AC:16 T:16 FF:14; Saves F:+1/+3 vs poison/+5 vs spells R:+2/+6 vs spells W:+4/+8 vs spells; CMB:+2 CMD:14 (see profile page for modifiers); Init:+2; Perc:+3; Spellcraft:+8){Effects: Mage Armor}

"Aye, I've been wonderin' that myself," Drosk agrees with Greta, his eyes narrowed with suspicion as he watches the guards take Daktani into the dungeon. "I still say he should be hobbled in some way to keep him from tryin' to escape. Broken kneecaps an' elbows an' fingers wouldn't keep him from tellin' us what he knows."

"Nothin' for it now, though," Drosk adds with a sigh. "Let's join Kurag for a drink an' toast Rodrik's memory an' then get some rest. In the mornin' I'd like to take Rodrik's engraved hopeknife to Brinya Kelver, then go visit Agrit Staginsdar an' see if she can help us identify some of the items we found in the Plague House. An' I think we should be there when they interrogate Daktani. An' it probably wouldn't hurt to finish investigatin' all the nooks an' crannies beneath the Plague House..." his voice trails off.

"Sounds like we've got a busy day ahead of us before the funeral."


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

As you all walk into the tavern, the sleepy-eyed barkeep is putting up chairs on the table. We're closed! he says gruffly without turning around. When he does turn around and sees that it is you, he says, Ah! For you all - I'll make an exception! Roddy was a friend to me and I will not turn those that restored his good name out into the street. He then shuffles to the bar, puts some mugs on the bar and begins filling them with foaming ale from a large keg. Well don't just stand there! Help yourselves! And tonight-your gold ain't good here!

You all toast to 'Roddy' and the barkeep says, I don't mean to be rude, but I have to get home to the missus, so I must finish closing up!

Feel free to add any RP at the tavern.

You then arrive back to Cham's where you spend the night without incident.

@Kurag: Do you reside at Cham's or do you have lodging elsewhere?


"To Rodrik" and he lifts a glass of ale in salute to the man.

451 to 500 of 3,601 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's GiantSlayer Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.